John Fairley went outside last Tuesday night to feed leftover chicken to his German shepherd, when he noticed that the chicken bones were glowing green.
Nine people had eaten the chicken for dinner the night before. On Tuesday night and on Wednesday, some of Fairley’s family and friends said they felt nauseated and the dog, Tasha, seemed sluggish.
He called a nearby medical center, then the police. “They had little faith in my report at first,” he said. “When the police officer came up in my driveway and saw them glowing at him, 18 vehicles were stacked around my house in a short period of time.”