State and local health officials have closed the American Media Inc. building where a 63-year-old Florida man who died of anthrax worked, after a sample from the building and from another employee showed the presence of the bacterium that causes anthrax. The second man, Ernesto Blanca, who has tested positive for the anthrax bacteria, may never develop symptoms of full-blown anthrax, because it was caught in time and he is being given antibiotics. Anthrax spores were found in his nasal passages and on his computer keyboard.
read more