Uri Geller's Secret Life Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Uri Geller's Secret Life « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

benign
Username: benign

Post Number: 87
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 4:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

George Knapp:   There's a story that I read somewhere, I don't think it's in the book, it's somewhere else. Even after all the back and forth that you two had which got pretty nasty over the years. You ran into him, in New York. David Blain, I think, was doing some sort of out-door magic show and you saw Randi over there and you walked up to him. Tell me what happened.

Uri Geller:   I walked up to him and I stretched out my hand and I said 'Hey Randi, let's shake hands. Let's put all this behind us.' And he just turned to me and I said, 'Here's my hand, shake my hand.' And of course he didn't want to, and then I said, 'Randi why aren't you shaking my hand?' And he looked at me and he said, "Because I hate your guts.'

I have a book in front of me, let me just read you one paragraph out of this book. It's called 'Uri Geller: Magician or Mystic?' It says this: "So how has Randi become so bitter as to have likened Geller--as he did in a Los Angeles Times interview--to Hitler, and himself to Churchill. It would seem almost that Geller had destroyed Randi's livelihood and murdered his brother rather than having challenged his belief system."
- Coast to Coast AM, 20th October, 2013, Hour 4, 2:39

I have a theory about what happened with the Johnny Carson person. I haven't seen the video so could be wrong, but it's simple, really.

These "skeptics" (an undeserving compliment) got together and had a little plan. Get wooden (or non-metallic spoons), cover them with 'metal' so assuming Geller would be trying to bend a metal spoon, whatever process he is using would fail. That one 'spoon' bent a 'little' and Uri Geller was exhausted after doing that, makes me wonder if this is why.

It would also explain the neurosis of Randi 'stalking' Geller. A person with no integrity who would do such a thing, would of course be worried the people in 'the know' (of similar integrity) would be willing to 'talk' for a small 'fee.' The 'accomplices' might have a lot less to lose than him, and not be too worried about talking, thus--the neurosis.

Oh and ditto on the Wikipedia thing. I found I could even 'edit' an article by using a faux link. I didn't even need an account. Of course, I put the game article back after I was done... but that is pretty much zero security, right there. And I've noticed those "debunking" fanatics, they seem to have some sympathy with whoever "moderates" Wikipedia, or it would at least be less biased.

Bernie
Username: bernie

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i find both Randhi and Geller to be a bit fishy.

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 146
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 3:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Bernie:   "i find both Randhi and Geller to be a bit fishy."

I find you to be a bit fishy.

Bernie
Username: bernie

Post Number: 95
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 9:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thats because im a fish.

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 159
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Bernie:   "thats because im a fish."

I thought so. Hey Bernie... just make sure you avoid this woman and you'll be fine. Eh.. actually better stay out of the Pacific while you're about.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: