Archive through May 23, 2013 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Lessons from unexpected places...... » Archive through May 23, 2013 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roxanne
Username: roxie

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, Susi, Gatto makes a lot of sense. I'm so glad I found his website and book.

After writing about my sil's daughter's creepy behaviour, I just remembered something that happened a couple of years ago.

My husband and son attended a funeral of his great-aunt. I didn't go because I didn't want to run into the in-laws. The only reason my son went was because he was working/traveling with my husband, at the time.

Before the funeral started, people were milling around in the lobby and sil came in and walked up to my husband to say hello. My son was standing beside my husband. She had not seen my son in about 10 years at that point, so she leaned over and asked my husband "Is that (my son's name)." He said yes. My son looked at her, smiled and nodded, then she walked to the other side of the room, without ever speaking to my son.

My son said she stood staring at him from the other side of the room, with her mouth open. Do you hear me??? With her mouth open! He said it was feaking him out so much that he turned his back on her, but could still feel her staring at him.

Let me say, that he was NOT dressed in his usual goth apparel and his hair was combed in a "normal" style.

He even did an impersonation of her for me, showing me how she looked with her mouth open, staring, and I swear I've seen that look on her face, before.

He said she never once, before or after the funeral said a single word to him.

I guess her daughter has learned this weird staring thing from her mother.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 14481
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Roxanne,

I'm glad you mentioned the open mouthed
look. I've never posted up about my
dislike (to put it mildly) of it and
I personally call it the "slack jaw look" that seems to have a tinge of amusement that can't be
seen rather than of awe or amazement. It has a sh*t eating tone to it as well. (pardon my language but I call it like I see it.)

Don' t know which I dislike the most the big grin
(Monarch Smile) or the open mouthed one..
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

Roxanne

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 8:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama, I think that is exactly the tone! Thank you for posting that. Glad someone else knows what I'm talking about.

Bizarre, ain't it?

Hey, maybe it's a subconscious attempt to suck in our souls!

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 5669
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 4:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I stumbled upon this 4-part piece on LSD......

Power & Control: LSD in The Sixties

One of the most fascinating pieces on the subject I have ever seen.

While I don't agree with all the "representations" or "opinions", or even, "cliches" depicted here........if you can look past some of that......very interesting stuff here.
"In the end, only kindness matters."

Roxanne

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 8:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I can't get the thing to download, says I need Flash Adobe, but I have downloaded that Flash thing before, and now it won't download it again to my computer.

Typical...

Will keep trying. I would love to see this.

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 10216
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 8:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Uninstall it from your computer and then download it again.

Do you have your permissions set correctly?
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred. ~Yotee Coyote

Blog: http://animalspirits--withoutfear.blogspot.com

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2925
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 3:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Roxanne, try this:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Second Wind

Post Number: 5675
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 9:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Roxanne, when is the last time you watched something on YouTube????

Once Flash Player is installed, then it must be updated periodically. Usually, it is set (by default) to let you know when there are updates available.

If you re-start your computer, you will probably get a prompt that an update is available for Flash Player. If that is the case, then just allow the updates to install.

That works better for me, rather than trying to uninstall the flash player and re-install.

Try that, and let me know what happens.

Also, if you go to this address, it will tell you what version of flash player you have installed.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Your version appears in a small box at about center right of page. Then, further down the page, you can compare your version number with the latest version listed for your browser.

Hope that helps!

Roxanne

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks everyone, I finally got it!

Interesting videos, I watched 1 thru 3.

Maybe I don't know enough about LSD to form an accurate opinion, but, from what I saw on the videos and what I've heard, it doesn't seem to be a drug that could be used to control someone, unless that someone were confined and/or given unlimited quantities of it. Is it addictive?

Maybe it was something the govt thought could be used, and instead ended up with a lot of love and peace hippies. I don't really see anything wrong with love and peace hippies, unless they get so loved-up and peaced-out, that they did nothing but drool and stare at all the pretty colors. (someone's got to have a clear enough head to run the nuclear power plants!)

Second Wind

Post Number: 5676
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Glad you got your Flash Player issue taken care of!!

I highly recommend watching part 4 of the series!!!

No, LSD is not addicting, in the true sense of the word. No physical withdrawals occur when the drug is stopped.

Tolerance to its effects build up quickly, and it takes several days to a week for that to go away. There will always be those who will take more and more in order to trip for more than one day in a row. For the most part, though, it's not the kind of drug that most people would even WANT to repeat soon, even if they had a really good trip. But, it leaves your body pretty spent, and your emotional, psychological and spiritual perceptions forever altered.

LSD proved NOT to be a valuable truth serum. However, it was soon discovered that it could be an excellent weapon because it is an incapacitant. One cannot function as a soldier, or in most types of "work", or even day-to-day activities, while on it.

fortwynt
Username: john_doe420

Post Number: 1265
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There is a clear way that LSD can be used to control someone.

LSD *ahem* COULD be used IN THEORY (remember I said In Theory) to cause a person to believe they were experiencing things that they actually were not...and through this practice, repeated often enough with increasing intensity let us say, in conjunction with certain other drugs I needn't go into specifics about, one could "potentially" render a person near totally confused...whereby one merely would need to have an elaborate, or semi-elaborate storyline in place to "explain" what is taking place, and believe me you could get a person to do or think just about anything...even be willing to kill or die for a complete fantasy.

Let me be clear...If a religious "cult" leader can do this without drugs, merely by powerful suggestion and enthusiastic elaborations and body language, you can be ABsolutely CeRtain it can be done with the aid of LSD, Powerful Suggestion, and Enthusiastic Elaborations and Body Language.

That being said, my personal experiences with LSD were never nearly as powerful as hollywood makes them out to be, as with any drug hollywood seems to over-exaggerate the effects for some reason, but it can be one tool in a variety of tools used in conjunction with one another to produce some fairly powerful and convincing types of things.
================================
http://www.facebook.com/fortwynt
http://www.youtube.com/fortwynt

Second Wind

Post Number: 5677
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 11:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I will admit that I can think of some possible scenarios where what you described would be possible.

fortwynt

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 1:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Indeed

Mama Shine

Post Number: 14541
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 2:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In my opinion they also seek out people
that think in a psychedelic manner
..ones born inclined in that
direction.

Are we talking about the same thing or
have I ventured off?

Second Wind

Post Number: 5679
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 5:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fort, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

---------------

Mama, I understand exactly what you mean, and I agree completely.

psychedelic = soul manifesting or mind revealing.

---------------

A fact that I am reminded of........is that during the period of about 12 years when I occasionally used psychedelics, I almost never drank alcohol.

In fact, when I have had access to weed, I rarely drank alcohol.

Alcohol is a sad and poor substitute for either.

fortwynt

Post Number: 1277
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Same with me.....during the three year period I did LSD I nearly never drank....LSD always had the effect of making me feel invincible at about two hours into the trip....burst of energy and etc....then by hour four or five I'd just feel weird....tracers and color effects....then by the end I would typically always get super paranoid....my friends would always laugh at me because I'd always be like "oh my god I'm starting to think I'm never gonna stop tripping"....also, people always said never do it alone....well of course me being me I decided one night I wanted to sit at home whilst the group wandered about outside as was the normal routine....none of us could drive in those days and where we lived you could get anywhere walking so they left and I proceeded to trip alone...let's just say it was a mistake....I recall having the radio on all night and the next day at work all I could hear in my head all day long was radio music....drove me so nuts I.had my buddy Brian, who worked at the same building as me, to call our friends dad, an army recruiter who was working heavily in those days to try and enlist us, to come get us....man I felt sh*tty....and wouldn't you know it five seconds after sitting down in his car, he switches straight into recruiter mode....bast*rd....but I appreciated the ride either way.....see he like us, me and Brian, because Danny, his son, was a super intelligent boy, but lacked a shred of common sense, and it became apparent straightaway that Brian and myself were good at watching out for him, protecting him, and we were highly esteemed for it, despite being on drugs half the time ourselves...which I always found hilarious.

fortwynt

Post Number: 1278
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 1:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh absolutely SW....I do believe that those who think in such ways naturally are sought out, sure.

I always credited LSD to opening pathways in thought that I wouldnt have arrived at elsewise maybe. Brian and I used to "joke" that our situation was like the situation in "fight club". We were, after all, the same height, same weight, same exact body structure, and much the same thinking patterns, to where we could just look at each other and immediately "understand" things without the need to speak...I still have trouble communicating what I want to say verbally to people because we spent so long together that I rarely had to explain myself...its frustrating....anyway he would "joke" and say "which one of us is the real Brian?" Implying that one of us was "real" and the other was a figment of the others imagination...as in fight club. He was always the impulsive daredevil type and I was always the quieter, more passive, and restrained type. His parents always referred to us as Brian number one and Brian number two...although we were never quite clear which was which.

Anyway, the first time i tripped acid was during lunch in high school...another buddy, coincidentally named Brian also, owed me seven dollars, and instead of taking his cash I got a hit of acid off of him....id never done it before, and he said put it in your mouth and let it dissolve, which it did near instantly....i thought id been ripped off and told him "sh*t man, this little piece of paper aint gonna do nothin to me!"

well, i was of course wrong about that...by third period I couldnt concentrate on sh*t, and got the beginnings of what would turn out, by fourth period, to be an overwhelming case of the giggles....which in time we recognized as the first recognizable proof that the lsd was starting to work for future reference.

ah them's were fun days....so little responsibility that one could afford to trip their *ss off for 12 hours straight and nobody gave a crap.

on the flip side however, i think that a certain amount of psychological damage was done as well, also I think it may have led to what eventually manifested as a full blown series of sleep disorders, of which i will have the rest of my life....i cannot say this for certain, but i wonder, i wonder.

Second Wind

Post Number: 5685
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Synchronicitous events are so fast and furious and frequent and intense over the past 24 hours....that I can't catch my breath.

There is no UC icon for this feeling.

So, here's this image:

http://blog.earnmydegree.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/exploding_head.jpg

Second Wind

Post Number: 5843
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 7:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Second Wind

Post Number: 5844
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 7:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A star fall
A phone call
It joins all
Synchronicity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ecUiX1FJw&feature=related

man in
Username: thirdpal

Post Number: 657
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 3:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fortwyn, for me the sleep "disorders" were dreams of epic proportion.

man in
Username: thirdpal

Post Number: 659
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgtyswL3S9g

Second Wind

Post Number: 5852
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 2:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

YUM!!! man in, what an amazing, and incredibly appropriate song!

Not many people out there know Captain Beyond! They were so incredibly good in concert, you would end up tripping even without any mind-altering substances!

Yeah, I think I must be dreaming!

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 2870
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here is a web site filed with short video presentations that are very informative from different people and different perspectives on ecology, the cosmos, etc.

It's well worth a look see.

https://vimeo.com/ecologycosmos
The intuitive mind is a gift and the rational mind a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift

Albert Einstein

Second Wind

Post Number: 6320
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One certainty in life is that there will always be joy and there will always be pain.

And there will always be new lessons to learn, and new sources of inspiration.....even if those sources have been around for eons.

-------------------

If God were proud He would hardly have us on such terms: but He is not proud, He stoops to conquer, He will have us even though we have shown that we prefer everything else to Him, and come to Him because there is 'nothing better' now to be had.”

“We regard God as an airman regards his parachute; it's there for emergencies but he hopes he'll never have to use it."

“We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”

“Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

"God is a concept by which we measure our pain."

--- John Lennon, God

Second Wind

Post Number: 6448
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Shout out to Roxanne.......

Roxanne

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW, you scare me. I was just here reading over this thread. Does my name some how show up that I am on here?????

I was thinking of how appreciative I am for you starting this thread and how sorry I am for all the pain you've been through.

Luv ya'

Roxanne

Post Number: 31
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW, you sure you want to hear my plight? It's long.

Typing it up in word pad so I won't lose it.

Back in a few.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6450
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am always interested.....no, Fascinated...by the stories of others.............

......especially when those stories are so similar to mine.

We all want validation........whether we will admit it or not.....

But....Roxie...........I don't understand your question, to wit:

" I was just here reading over this thread. Does my name some how show up that I am on here?????"

Say WHAT?

Second Wind

Post Number: 6451
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And, yeah, Word Pad, or something similar......is the ticket.

How often I have preached about using some form of document creation, when composing a post for the board......

Where the hell have you been?

You just disappeared!

Second Wind

Post Number: 6452
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And WHY do you say "you scare me"???????

Roxanne

Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hahaha. SW, I swear I didn't know you had asked me to come over here from the other thread, until after I wrote that. I thought you were either psychic, or that somehow my name appeared at the bottom of the thread like it does in some other boards I've been to. That's why I said you scare me. It was not an insult.

Roxanne

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 1:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW: Last year my husband's business (sales) died off to nothing. We were literally eating $1 boxed cake mix and nothing else, every day for months. (Which probably explains my health issues, now.)

My brother lives in TX and has, for years. After hearing of our destitution, he found jobs for my husband and son, out here. They came out the first of Dec., worked until xmas, drove 1200 miles back to GA to help me pack and we left Ga. New Year's Eve and arrived here on New Year's day.

While both of them are working, I cannot find a job. I have 37 years of bookkeeping experience, have worked in law firms, but because I cannot read, write and speak Spanish, fluently (actually not at all) I don't qualify. I've been to Texas Workforce, and still no luck. I do have a cosmetology license, but due to my health issues I cannot work in the capacity, for now.

Georgia, particularly the area where we lived, dried up and died. Strip malls boarded up. People (like us) losing their homes and moving away.

When we got where we are now, I was amazed at commerce down here. Lots of job opportunities (if your are bi-lingual).

Anyway, it's nice here.

Now, if you remember my tale of my husband's evil family, you would remember how they stalked us. When we moved from north Ga. to middle Ga,, they were not given our address, but they did know (thanks to my blabber-mouth husband) which town we moved to.

Interestingly, they would go to this horse arena, 12 miles from our house and call every time they were there. Every time, hubby would invite them over (unfortunately) and every time they would refuse. Now these people lived 5 hours from us when we lived in No. Ga. and nearly every. damn. month. they would swoop in to visit (spy), but when we moved, we were only 1 hr. from where they lived and 12 miles from where they would call from the arena. Then they just quit calling at all.

During the time they were calling from the arena, something strange happened that I wanted to relay and get some feedback:

The house we moved to was old, like 1920 old. It was one of those houses with the hall running from the front door straight through to the back, with rooms on either side, with the front foyer being particularly large. Large enough to actually use it as a living room. I had put the piano, chairs, tables, etc. in the foyer.

The hall originally went from the front door to the back door, but someone had, thankfully, added the only bathroom at the end of the hall, which was not particularly aesthetically pleasing as when the bathroom door was left open, the view from the front door was straight to the toilet.

(There's a reason I'm laying this out for you.)

My bedroom was actually next to the foyer (one of the side rooms) but the bedroom door to the foyer was sealed off. I could get from my bedroom through the den, through the kitchen, to the bathroom, then through the bathroom to the hall that led to the foyer. Yes, some genius, put the bathroom next to the kitchen.

One night my husband's cell phone woke me around 11:30. Usually a call that time of night meant something was wrong. My husband got his phone (he was sill up and in the den, next to the bedroom) and at that point I got up to make my way through to the bathroom. Hubby was walking in front of me from the den, and eventually through the bathroom and into the foyer, so I was sort of following him. I stopped at the bathroom and closed the other door that led to the hall. While in there, I heard my husband talking from the foyer. I opened the bathroom door which led to the hall and foyer, the light on behind me, and walked up the hall to the foyer where he was sitting, in the dark.

I was wondering who he was talking to and what the emergency was and what possessed him to sit in the foyer, in the dark, but what I heard was him calling out a series of letters and numbers, like JPL439002WDF, over and over. Thinking it was some sort of serial number, and that hubby was talking to one of his customers with an emergency repair problem, I went back to bed.

The next morning, I asked who had called and he looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about. He said he had not talked to anyone, that no one had called. I explained what I heard and me told me I was dreaming. He said that he never took a call and that I never saw him in the foyer.

Now before you think he was covering up something, let me say that he was speaking in a normal voice, not whispering. He was relaxed and acting as if he were talking to an acquaintance (not a girlfriend) . He was sitting in the foyer and I know he saw and heard me close the bathroom door and could clearly see me walk into the foyer with the bathroom light on behind me. He was facing me, although he did not actually look me in the eye.

He said I was dreaming, but I know I wasn't. I could feel the floor furnace grate hurting my bare feet as I walked across it to the foyer. I vividly remember walking from the kitchen into the bathroom. I vividly remember USING the bathroom and hearing him talking. The house was not easy to navigate, yet I remember me walking around and through the house. I was NOT dreaming.

It was then, or shortly after, that his evil family ceased calling.

This is just so bizarre to me.

I often wondered if he was divulging our personal information to his family. They seemed to know things they shouldn't. It was strange that they only seemed to call him when he was away from the house and away from me.

Just thought I'd throw that out here for you to chew on. It made me think of brainwashing and and MK-Ultra.

Maybe it's nothing. Maybe I'm crazy after all!

His family does not know we moved out here (at least, I don't think) and other than a happy birthday text from hubby's uncle in January on hubby's old cell number, we have not heard from them and now that we have TX phone numbers, I doubt we will. If we do, it will be interesting.

bean
Username: tina

Post Number: 2058
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 3:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hummmmmmm....That is really an interesting story, Roxanne.

I'm looking forward to SW's input....

Roxanne

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 5:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bean, it may be nothing, but just putting it out there to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6453
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 6:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, Roxie, that IS an interesting story.

It does give me the creeps.

I don't have a lot of response to offer, simply because I'm afraid I might offend you with my opinion.

If you are absolutely certain that you were not dreaming, then I would say that it makes him look really suspicious.

Did you insist to your husband the next day, that you know for a fact that you were NOT dreaming?

Was there conflict between you and your husband due to him saying it didn't happen?

Have you had any other incidences where you have suspected him of "gaslighting" you?

Could you have asked to see his call history? Or what about looking at the call history on your cellphone bill?

What do YOU think about the experience?

Can you give an example of the kind of information your in-laws knew about you & hubby's life that they "shouldn't" know?

My only other comment is to call your attention to the post I made in the "Our UFO Experiences" thread the other day.

It's kind of a opposite sort of thing, in that I refer to the experience as "a dream". But when I think back on it, even after all these years, it "feels" like a memory of an actual experience. Yet, my diaries from that time record it as a dream.

I used to keep a record of all dreams, because there were so many high-strangeness things happening to me during that time, and I often had precognitive dreams, as well as dreams that were so real that it was extremely difficult for me to believe they were "just dreams".

But, just like you described the sensations of the floor grate on your feet.........so many of my "dreams" are so real that I remember smells, physical sensations, etc. Again, dreams SO real that they were like real experiences, or some kind of "virtual reality" experience, or even "implanted dreams".

That's the way the "dream" about the UFO encounter I described, was like. To this day, I can still feel and remember things, including sounds, sensations, etc., that were so real, It boggles my mind to think it could have only been "just a dream".

On the other hand, as you might remember, I have had, all my life, memories of very strange and TRAUMATIC events, that my family members have continued to insist NEVER HAPPENED.

There has only been one exception to that, where, after 20 years of my family denying one of my strangest memories, my Father did finally admit to the reality of my memory, even though it was almost as if he admitted it "in spite of himself", and he tried to slightly change the story so that it fit into "plausible deniability", if you know what I mean.

I don't know what else to say at this moment.

Roxanne

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 8:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, I know what you're getting at about not wanting to insult me. As far as him gaslighting me, I've never known him to do that but his mother is the queen of it so I would recognize it if I experienced it.

I did not think to check the history on his phone at the time because I thought he might have been right, that I was dreaming.

The floor grate was in front of my son's den and I could hear his tv on in there, but his door was closed.

I asked my son about it the next morning, and he said that my husband was watching tv with him, in his den, until about 1:00 am and that he (my son) had not heard the phone ring or my husband talking to anyone.

Maybe it was a strange dream, but it was so real. My dreams are usually "cartoon-ish" in nature.

I have had premonition type dreams before, but they were still cartoon-ish in nature.

This incident was so real that it did and still continues to bother me.

If his family weren't so bizarre and secretive and controlling this incident wouldn't have been so bothersome.

As far as them knowing things they shouldn't, I used to swear we must have had some bugging device in our home. They seemed to know, and make vague comments about something that was said or had happened in our home when they were 300 miles away. Nothing earth shattering, but little things. If I can think of a good example I will type it, but it used to freak me out that they somehow knew these things. Of course they would sometimes make it appear that these things happened to them and I was always amazed that they could experience the exact same thing that happened to us.

Okay, I just thought of one:

My husband is 1/8 Cherokee. One day several years ago, he got all interested in his geneology and asked me to research it on the computer. I spent some time looking and found a site that could help me but I needed his great grandmother's maiden name. He didn't remember it or never knew it.

The only other person I knew in is family that would know and who I felt safe contacting, was his Aunt. (The same one who gave us grief recently) I didn't know she was so evil at the time.

I called her to ask, and she told me that she was in Cherokee, NC at that very moment and that she was at this Hall of Records type place checking on this very thing and had not found anything.

What are the possibilities of that happening at that moment. She may not have been there, as I had called her cell phone, but she told me she was. The following day, she and her husband stopped by our house on their "way home" from Cherokee, if that's actually where they were.

Yes, I realize that may have been a coincidence, but there are just too many coincidences like that.

Yes, I read your post about the your electricity going out. That was freaky.

You know, if I had never found this site and yours and others' stories, I may have never questioned any of the bizarre antics of my husband's crazy family.

SW, I respect your opinions on these things, considering what you have been through.

Maybe it was just a strange dream.

Roxanne

Post Number: 36
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 9:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Forgot to address this:

No, I didn't insist anything to him, but don't know why, other than I was starting to feel crazy. (Yeah, I know - the gaslight thing.)

I'm a pretty laid back person and I don't like to argue, which is a huge fault, I suppose. And with my son's comment that hubby was with him, I just let it drop.

Drop between hubby and me, but not dropped in my mind.

I've been with hubby 37 years and I know him inside out, but I wonder if maybe he's being controlled, and by association, me. This is the question.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6454
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 9:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK, now I see what you meant about them knowing things they shouldn't.......

Boy, do I EVER understand that whole phenomenon.

That kind of thing has been an ongoing and almost constant theme in my life, since about the mid-1970s.

I have posted about that exact kind of thing so many times here on the board.

I have this philosophy about how to decide whether things like that are coincidences or not. It's all about the DETAILS of the incident, the CONTEXT, the FREQUENCY of incidents, and just plain old ODDS or "law of averages". Like you said.....what are the chances?

It has been such a constant theme in my life, that I have become sort of jaded, because I have gotten so used to it, that it no longer shocks me when it happens.

Some of that is probably a form of denial on my part.

The same can be said of my attitude about a lifetime of precognitive dreams. After a certain point, it's like, "yeah, well, here we go again".

------------------

By the way, the post I made that I was suggesting that you read, was not the one about my dream prior to waking up to having no electricity.

The one I wanted you to check out is in the "Our Personal UFO Histories" thread, and is located here:

http://www.unknowncountry.com/cgi-bin/board/show.cgi?tpc=58&post=678844#POST6788 44

-------------

I also want you to know that I am so sorry that you and your husband have been through such hell in the last year.

I certainly understand what you are talking about, regarding the almost mandatory requirement to be English/Spanish bilingual to get a job in Texas.

Roxanne

Post Number: 37
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW: Thank you for your kind words.

I read the link you posted. WOW! What a long and detailed dream.

It does sound like virtual reality you wrote or like you were in a parallel universe. It seemed so consistent with reality, like you were performing all these tasks in the same order you would have if you were really experiencing it.

Most of my dreams seem so disjointed and unlikely. Like the time I dreamed I saw a moth on a brick wall that turned into Johnny Depp!!! (And no, I don't have a crush on him. Maybe Justin Hayward, but not Depp) And at the time of the dream it seem perfectly normal.

I think I'm gonna go with the implant dream you mentioned.

But, why? Oh, if I could answer that I would have enough money to turn on the a/c in this 90+ degree heat!

Second Wind

Post Number: 6461
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 11:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Since way back when I was a child, my dreams have always been like that. Literally, often more like movies or TV series segments, with continuity, even to the point that I often wake up during these "movie" dreams, and then they pick up right where they left off when I go back to sleep.

Most of the time, the dreams that are the most movie-like also qualify as nightmares.

Now, mind you, I also have the disjointed and nonsense dreams, like you describe.

But truly, sometimes the dreams like the UFO dream, and almost always the "precognitive" dreams, feel like I have had my brain plugged in to some kind of technology that puts scenarios right into the sleeping brain.

When I was a kid, I used to have a recurring dream of being in some kind of "military" training, being put through an obstacle course. One part that was always so frighteningly real, was when I would be crawling on the ground, through both tangled brush AND barbed wire. I would be wearing full combat gear, which would be getting all tangled up in the brush and wire, and when I would wake up, I would feel pain in places where I had been scratched in the dream, and I would feel like I had dirt under my fingernails from pulling myself along the ground.

And then, there are the "memories" that have a "dreamlike" quality to them. Do you follow me?

Also want to sympathize with you on the whole A/C issue! I am also dealing with that issue, as well as the water rationing issue, in which they are charging from 2 to three times the normal rate, depending on how much one uses. It is a scary situation, and it's only the end of May!

Roxanne

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, I've had the nightmares that if I don't force myself to get up and go to the bathroom afterwards, I will fall back asleep and continue dreaming it.

I know what you're talking about with the memories having the dreamlike quality. Sometimes I will search out some tangible item in connection to that memory, like a photo or knick-knack just to satisfy myself that the memory is real.

I think you're on to something about you feeling "plugged in" to technology that can alter your dreams. You may be absolutely correct on that, as scary as it sounds.

Went to a flea market, yesterday looking to purchase another electric fan. I did not realize that my house is only 15 miles from the border. We were following my brother to this place and he was getting nearer and nearer to those...what do you call them? Toll booth looking areas that you drive through to go over the border?

Anyway, as we were nearly in line behind the cars to go through there, my brother turned off on a side road. Whew! No luck finding a fan. Ended up at Home Depot. Supposed to be 101 tomorrow.

Wish this was a bad dream.

Oh and about those military dreams you mentioned...I had dreams as a child running from planes dropping bombs. In fact I used to run into the house, when I was little, every time a plane flew over.

There is an air force base, Warner Robins, close to where I moved here from and there are sometimes military planes on display. Those things scare me to death. I can't stand to even be close to them.

I still have dreams of trying to hide in weird dug-out holes in the ground, covered in cardboard (like that's any protection)from some sort of war going on around me.

Mr. Mthood
Intermediate Member
Username: mthood

Post Number: 101
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 9:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was walking down the beach yesterday and a thought occurred to me. That nice slightly firm sand just above the water line, as the waves crash in is sure a nice place to walk. Your feet don't sink, it's easier on the legs, and you don't get too wet. That sand up towards the grass is hot and it feels like your churning across the Sahara, and any closer to the water and you'll get knocked over.

Not only that, the waves deposit all kinds of treasures right in your path. You don't have to veer left or right too often to find something interesting to pick up. That being said, it's almost too easy. You sure don't appreciate how that cool firm sand feels until you've slogged through the molten hot dry sand, or how much drier you are after getting pummelled with waves in the frigid spring surf. I changed course and headed up the dunes above the waves, hot blistering sand with the blades of grass slicing at your feet. I found a great spot where I could see the entire beach and everything below. Gorgeous.

Heading back down I found my son. He's 5 and begged me to get in the water with him. It was painfully cold, be he didn't care, most kids don't. So I did, and had a great time.

Take many paths.

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 4198
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 6:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That was pretty, Mthood!
Our life is determined by the choices we make!

Second Wind

Post Number: 6464
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 1:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Roxie.........based on my own experiences at border checkpoints, I can understand why you would not want to go through one.

I have experience with them both in the Big Bend area, as well as on the road out to Padre Island.

Even if you are pure as driven snow and doing NOTHING wrong.......be careful.

"Your Papers, Please!"

One thing to remember (and to bring up, should any border agent DOG ever alert to your vehicle) is that if you have dogs (pets) who ever ride in your car....even if they aren't with you when you go through a checkpoint.....the Border Patrol dogs will alert to the scent of animals in your vehicle, just as strongly as they will to any other "scent" the BP dogs are trained to alert to.

Follow me?

It is just ONE of the weaknesses of the BP system.

Don't misunderstand me. The dogs and the Agents are doing what they are trained to do.

Lord knows, I do not envy the BP agents their jobs.

But the dogs don't know to discriminate between "something that will cause a big loud noise and lots of damage" and the scent of your own pet in the vehicle.

Roxanne

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 8:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, they would have stopped me for sure, being as I have had my dogs in the car.

My brother, long-time resident here, tells me that when they (he and his family) go over the boarder, they leave their vehicle and walk across. Seems its a matter of your life or your vehicle.

I have not now nor anytime in the past, ever wanted to go to Mexico. Never understood what all the appeal was. But then, my idea of visiting an exotic place is traveling to Montana.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 15629
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 1:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

http://news.yahoo.com/serpent-handling-west-virginia-pastor-dies-snake-bite-1734 06645--abc-news-topstories.html

Second Wind

Post Number: 6467
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 9:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Roxie, I have never had any desire to go to Mexico, either!!!

Now, My Mom, she was a whole other story. She was so fascinated by the Aztecs and Mayans.

She actually believed that she lived a previous life in one of those times. She was convinced she had been sacrificed as a child...........

She actually WON two different trips in Mexico. She had to pay for getting herself to the border (at Presidio) both times, but the rest of her trip was all paid for. She had crazy luck with those trips, and it was something she always wanted, given her beliefs.

AND......she went BY HERSELF!!!!!!!

My mom had guts!

She went to both Chichen Itza and Teotihuacan.

I am not even sure what other pyramid sites she saw.

She took two different TRAIN trips, one was through Copper Canyon:

http://earthly-musings.blogspot.com/2008/11/train-trip-to-copper-canyon-in-mexic o.html

Between the two trips, she travelled most of Mexico, including Mexico City. I still have her amazing photo albums from her trips.

Anyway, regardless of the amazing sites to be seen, if I were to win trips (or spend my own money for trips) there are plenty of other places I'd want to go, rather than Mexico.

--------------------------------

Mama!!

From your piece:

"A "serpent-handling" West Virginia pastor died after his rattlesnake bit him during a church ritual, just as the man had apparently watched a snake kill his father years before."

WOW!

What more can I say, but WOW.

Roxanne

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW, I would love to see those pyramids and places like that if they were in the US. Your mom was an adventuresome woman. I'm too much of a home-body.

Mama, I've seen programs on TLC or Discovery about these snake handler preachers and their churches. I don't want to get into a religious debate about these people.

There is (or was) a program on one of those channels, like a reality show, about these people hunting for the snakes to use at their church. Not sure if it was the same group of people or not.

My grandmother use to make me ride with her, every Sat. night to this little church way out in the country. The parishoners were scary to me. I don't know if they handled snakes because we would leave around 10:00 PM while they were still going strong, whoopin' and hollerin'. Some of them would fall down and roll around on the floor. One lady was throwing her head around so hard the bobby pins holding her hair up were shooting out into the audience. (She could have put an eye out.) These people just had a different way of worshiping than I was used to like the snake handlers.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6470
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You know, it's weird. I am most definitely a "homebody". Don't like moving, and have moved as little as possible all my life.

On the other hand, was raised to love travelling (especially road trips), and seeing new places, and especially, new scenery/earthly wonders.

I miss the days when I could just get behind the wheel for a road trip, with no fear or worry about anything.

I took 3 different driving vacations by myself. But the last one was in 1998.

The last time I even drove on the highway was in 2008, I think, when I drove 20 miles to the next town for a Doctor's appointment.

I haven't lost the desire to travel, just the capacity, on all levels.

And forget about flying anymore. No thanks....even if I COULD afford it.

Roxanne

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW, you are very fortunate that you were raised to love traveling.

I, unfortunately, was not. But it it interesting that without any experience in traveling, my parents sent me, at 18 to deliver my 11 year old brother to Texas from Georgia.

It was the scariest yet most fun thing I had ever done.

I would never dream of doing it now. I am a basket case when it comes to being in traffic. I have not yet dared to drive anywhere since I've been out here.

It's not so much the thought of dying in a wreck, just the fear of the pain associated with it.

My hub took me on 2 road trips out west and every large town on the interstate that we came to would be in the back seat with my eyes closed. In fact I ended up riding in the back seat for almost the entire trip and back.

And yeah, I would not get on a plane. Not even a boat. I can't fly nor swim!

I sound pretty pathetic.

Roxanne

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

BTW, Mr. Mthood, I've been meaning to tell you what a nice experience you had.

Taking many paths has been my motto for years. (I just don't want to drive there.)

bean

Post Number: 2066
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 5:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've never had much of an urge to travel outside the US. Been to Mexico a number of times...a long time ago. The last time, we were in a small fishing village called Porto Lobos. Some Dr. from Tucson decided to try to land his cesna on top of our brand new Ranger XLT....bummer! The federallies showed up, took all of us to the Caborka (sp?)jail house... That was sooooo fun. Our good fortune was that a friend of ours was there to get his fathers remains..(well known to the federallies) and got us out of the country. It was NOT good fortune for our friend..his dad had hit a cow or some animal in the road on his way out of the town...they had a home there, and was killed instantly. A very sad chapter in his life...but it was lucky for us that he could speek spanish and knew the federallies personally. Needles to say, we headed straight for the border! Never been back...never will.

I very much like to travel with my brother, Mike. He has been to alot of places and always wants to show me this place or that place.. some hidden canyon hardly anyone knows about, that turnes out to be so beautiful... We travel well together.
Anyway, just chimming in about traveling...

Roxanne

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 - 9:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bean, that was scary. Just the sort of thing I would be afraid of happening to me. Good you had an ally there. So nice that your brother takes you travelling.

Speaking of Mexico, again, let me tell you about my Grandmother the Drug Smuggler!

Many years ago, in the 70's, my grandmother heard about some drug that was supposed to be a miracle cure for arthritis.

She, my grandfather and 12 year old brother drove all the way from Ga.to Calif. to cross the boarder into Mexico to get this drug, because it was illegal here in the states.

She hid these drugs, about a years worth, in the window washer container to cross back over into the US.

She did this twice and to this day dreams of going back. (Not likely, she's in a nursing home.)

Anyway I think it's ironic that my fine, upstanding, super religious grandmother, who won't drive even 1 mile over the speed limit had no issue with smuggling drugs, internationally.

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 5302
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 6:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dear Roxanne
Arthritis is a horrible thing
Im guessing that this drug
made her or someone else feel better..

Though I do think we are now living
in a society that favours diagnosis
and drugs and I dont know why it
would stop KUDOS for your Gran
imo :-)

Roxanne

Post Number: 80
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, she loved the stuff. It was a cream to apply on the affected area.

My grandmother looooooves drugs. A little too much.

Glad she's in a nursing home now so that her medications can be regulated.

bean

Post Number: 2071
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Actually, I really appreciate your grandma for her ability to see the difference between a renegade gov. agency..slicked up to emmulate concern for safety, when imo, they just can't find a way to profit from the substance..yet, and her "super religious ideals."
TV time is loaded with commercial after commercial tooting horns for this med and that med...side effects can be, but not limited to...heart attack, sudden inability to breathe, cancer, a desire to kill yourself....etc..All ok'd by the same fellows who would restrict a cream for arthritis that actually worked. It's probably legal now, called something else, pricy, and being taxed to line the pockets of some company and the gov.
I think I sound pretty cynical... I think I am!

Roxanne

Post Number: 81
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm right there with you about the pharm. industry. I don't take any medication, at least not yet. Seems like the side affects far outweigh any benefits. But then, I'm no expert in regard to medication.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6492
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 7:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bean...............what you said.

You know, that expression gets over-used.........I am one of the most guilty.

But when someone says something that is so "right-on", and with such eloquence, then "what she/he said" is the only appropriate response!

So, again.......

What Bean said!

Roxanne

Post Number: 84
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 8:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This^^

Second Wind

Post Number: 6495
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 8:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Second Wind

Post Number: 6508
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I began this thread because I had found some "lessons from unexpected places" as an indirect result of conflict with someone here on the board (and its similarities with conflicts in real life).

It has happened yet again!

Here is a very telling article about the relationships between Social Status, or lack of it, and physical and mental health, or lack of it.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/22/baboon-study-shows-why-high-social-status- boosts-health/

In other words, the short-term stress experienced by alpha males tends to be “good” stress, the kind that comes from exercise or sex. It doesn’t last long, it doesn’t include feelings of loss of control and it doesn’t involve a persistent threat to important social relationships. When you consistently win battles for dominance, you don’t worry much about how the losers will treat you.

In contrast, lower-ranked males experience ongoing, uncontrollable stress, which does affect their relationships, particularly the amount of bullying they face from higher-ranked males.

Among baboons, “displacement” aggression is common, wherein the top guy kicks the guy below him when he’s pissed off and that guy kicks a lower-ranking dude, all the way down the chain. This leads to chronically elevated stress hormones in low-ranking members of the pack, which can be harmful.

The top animals also tend to get more social support. In baboons, this involves being groomed by others, which not only removes parasites, but more importantly, also calms the stress system and lowers the animal’s levels of glucocorticoids.

In the short term, then, elevated levels of testosterone and glucocorticoids seem to improve immunity; if they remain consistently high, however, they lower immunity and harm health. Social contact seems to be an important way to "turn down" the stress system.

The researchers note that the study cannot determine whether an animal’s high or low rank is caused by its health status in the first place, or vice versa — and these explanations aren’t mutually exclusive. Strong, resilient animals may rise through the ranks, and then their alpha position may reinforce their good health. Similarly, poor health may drive rank downward by impairing an animal’s performance. The authors write: “It is likely that both forces interact to shape differences in health and immune function.”

In humans, decades worth of data suggest it is higher social status itself that improves health, and the chronic stress of low social status that harms it, particularly when this stress starts early in life.

As pioneering stress researcher Robert Sapolsky — who has studied baboons in Amboseli himself — told me: “When humans invented inequality and socioeconomic status, they came up with a dominance hierarchy that subordinates like nothing the primate world has ever seen before.”

There is, however, a remedy for status stress that works even in the face of social inequality. While humans don’t typically groom each other like baboons, research finds that high levels of social support — especially physical contact like hugs and massage — can mitigate the effects of stress for humans, too.

We can’t all be alphas or betas, but we can all love and be loved.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6509
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Economic inequality is measured by looking at the distribution of wealth and income in a society, not the general wealth of a country. At a basic level, a country’s overall economic success does predict its people’s well-being, but the healthiest and happiest countries in the world are not the richest. Rather, they are countries where wealth is shared widely and more equally.

When Marmot and his colleagues controlled for lifestyle factors like smoking and lack of exercise in the lower socioeconomic groups, the gradient remained. “Those things accounted for about a third of the gradient,” he says, noting that you have to look for the "causes of the causes" — the reasons that the lower classes might be driven to smoke, drink, take drugs or indulge in sweet, fatty foods. “It’s now been described the world over,” Marmot says.

In the U.S., inequality has been rising since the 1980s. Between WWII and Ronald Reagan’s election to the presidency, average income grew by $19,000. The bottom 90% of the country received 65% of that increase.

Between 1981 and 2008, however, average income grew by around $12,000. About 96% of that went to the top 10% richest people in the country. The ratio of pay between CEOs and average workers also became much more extreme over the same time period: in 1980, it was around 35 to 1. Today it is about 185 to 1.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/10/19/how-economic-inequality-is-literally-makin g-us-sick/

Roxanne
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 114
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 4:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW:

"We can’t all be alphas or betas, but we can all love and be loved."

Absolutely!!!

"Between 1981 and 2008, however, average income grew by around $12,000. About 96% of that went to the top 10% richest people in the country. The ratio of pay between CEOs and average workers also became much more extreme over the same time period: in 1980, it was around 35 to 1. Today it is about 185 to 1"

Which turns us bottom-feeders into animals!

Second Wind

Post Number: 6613
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 5:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I imagine you are trying to say "those of us at the bottom of the food chain". Unfortunately, that is not the most common use of the term "bottom feeders".

As for being turned into "animals", well, even the most docile pet will do one of two things, if constantly abused and cornered: cower, or lash out.

To those with all the power and wealth, who use and abuse the rest of us:

Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found
Mongrels who ain't got a penny
Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground

Roxanne
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW,

You are right. Hehe.

allen

Post Number: 3154
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

An interesting thing my brother said to me. First though, some background. My brother is 3 1/2 years my junior. We have always been close, but we have also always seen the world from much different perspectives. Chris has always been immediate, that is, very personal and in the moment with strangers and friends alike. I have always been more distant, more of an observer, a watcher. I was never comfortable.

Chris just underwent a double lung transplant this past June and is doing remarkably well. About one year ago he got a new computer and I went up to his house and downloaded my music library onto his computer. That's almost 9000 songs. During the time leading up to his transplant, he would call me and say that occasionally he would scroll through the music and pick out an album here or ther to listen to, but he was really swallowed up with the potential transplant to relax and get into the music very much.

We talked on the phone a couple of days ago and he said to me that while listening to my music he is finally starting to understand how I think. Since the transplant he has changed his life view quite a bit. He will turn 59 in a couple of weeks and all of a sudden he understands how I think. As he explained it to me, I had to admit that he was correct. I love my brother, I love life, living with these senses is such a gift. I am happy!
The intuitive mind is a gift and the rational mind a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift

Albert Einstein

Stephen in AZ
Username: stephenm

Post Number: 2939
Posted on Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 1:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stopping by...

Second Wind

Post Number: 6650
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 3:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Some things happen when it's time.

Some things, one cannot hear at a particular point in time.

I want to thank allen, for his post above.

(I also want to take a switch to allen.......but I will resist that desire.....for now.....)

------------------

I also want to thank Stephen in AZ, for having the compassion to bump this thread. In your quiet way, you understand, and step up.

Also, gotta say that the archives of this board are a BLESSING!!!!!!

Almost every time I go back, I feel so emotional over the amazing highs and lows.........

Whitley, or Admin, if you are reading......I am grateful for the outlet over the years, and for the many lessons......especially the lessons of standing up for oneself, and for the lessons of compassion for others, and for the brilliant brain emissions from the wonderful members here.

What a love/hate relationship I have with................EVERYONE.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6652
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 5:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

General Daily Horoscope Influences

We want to talk about our problems today but describing what's happening is tricky. Four planets in slick Gemini may facilitate communication but the secretive Scorpio Moon joins constrictive Saturn to restrain our words. Additionally, a complicated aspect between logical Mercury and intense Pluto makes it even tougher to express our feelings. However, an irrepressible Sun-Uranus alignment suggests that we'll go to extremes in order to be heard.

and....

Cancer (Jun 21 – Jul 22)

Thursday, May 23rd, 2013

You might be dreaming of being on stage today as the Moon moves through your 5th House of Self-Expression, but you probably get nervous thinking about being in front of so many people. If you're unable to follow through with a performance, try exploring other ways to demonstrate your creativity. One key to your current happiness is your willingness to reach out to others ... talking about your fears is a sensible first step to overcoming your own resistance.

O....M.....Goodness.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6653
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 5:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"If we have a one world Government, it will be some bastardized version of capitalism/Plutocratic republic, in fact we already have it. The
"One state religion" will be Christianity, or some twisted version of
it, never mind that capitalism and the basic tenents of Christianity
are completely at odds with one another."

I agree.

And your words are inspiring and beautiful in their expression.

Still, they veer from the intent of my starting this thread.

The point of my beginning this thread was to decry the many MANY who call themselves Christians, yet who live in opposition to his teachings......AND MOST SPECIFICALLY, in "business".

"Christian business.........

Really?

Second Wind

Post Number: 6654
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 5:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

To all who have welcomed me back..........

I am not ignoring your posts and your PMs to me.

See above horoscope..........and understand that over and above any astrological influences........there are other influences.............that keep me from moving at the same pace as the rest of you.

.....and it's nothing new for you guys who get me, to know I have a hard time keeping up.....

(exhausted)

Second Wind

Post Number: 6656
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 6:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

More lessons to learn, from unexpected places (even though I have "learned" them many times before....)

Mama

AS

Sharon 2

Native Alien

allen

blue

Mark Foster

Budddie *you better clarify which "Mark" you mean, or else another "Mark" could be very confused.......OR NOT????

Nina

Sharon

Ladyhawk

bean

God I hope I haven't missed anyone......

Too all of you who have acknowledged my return, and welcomed me....................

Kahlil Gibran on Love

When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.

And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams
as the north wind lays waste the garden.

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
He threshes you to make you naked.

He sifts you to free you from your husks.
He grinds you to whiteness.

He kneads you until you are pliant;
And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,

Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,
Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, "I am in the heart of God."
And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

To know the pain of too much tenderness.

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;

To return home at eventide with gratitude;

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

(Thank you, Mom!!!!!!!)

(Message edited by second_wind on May 23, 2013)

cherokee
Username: cherokee

Post Number: 1394
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 9:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Economic inequality is measured by looking at the distribution of wealth and income in a society,"

Thus when Skinny Shakes is too cool for school, drops out, doesn't learn a trade or work a steady job, and takes drugs, and Bill Sweat studies hard, graduates, learns a trade or goes to college, works 60 hours a week for twenty years and becomes successful, they end up with "wealth inequality." Due to the choices they made.

"The healthiest and happiest countries in the world are not the richest. Rather, they are countries where wealth is shared widely and more equally."

Which means the Soviet Union had the happiest people in history. Along with East Germany, Romania, Albania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, and Cuba.

Not to mention the equal wealth distribution colony here where everyone shared everything equally. Abandoned after starvation was wiping them out. Replaced by allowing each individual to produce for themselves and they flourished.

"You have to look for the "causes of the causes" — the reasons that the lower classes might be driven to smoke, drink, take drugs or indulge in sweet, fatty foods."

The reason the smoke, drink, take drugs, and fatty foods is the same reason they're poor- They're irresponsible. They made poor choices. How many of got a diploma and worked 60 hours a week for twenty years?

"In the U.S., inequality has been rising since the 1980s."

Since the 1980s Government welfare aid in various forms has risen. Easy money, little work involved, little incentive to work.

"those with all the power and wealth, who use and abuse the rest of us..."

Who is abusing you? How are they abusing you? Which of your Constitutional Rights are being violated?

"Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found"

Plenty of people eat up with envy of those who have more, those who worked longer and harder. Eat up with greed for other people's money that they did not earn. The left never calls anyone greedy for wanting to take other people's money, they call people greedy who think they should keep their own money. Who's got money? Let's take it!

"If we have a one world Government, The
'One state religion' will be Christianity,"

Because Christians are calling for world wide Christian government based on biblical law and are killing people to bring it about. No, wait, that's Islam.

Islamics are waging a world wide war to bring all people under Islamic law. Islamics are killing hundreds of thousands of people all over the globe to institute a one world government of Sharia law. So we need to ignore that and worry about Christians. Brilliant!

"Never mind that capitalism and the basic tenants of Christianity are completely at odds with one another."

Chapter and verse please.

Best Wishes from Mole Hollow

allen

Post Number: 3314
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 1:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

second wind, I know you enjoyed that episode of Daryl's House that was filmed on the island of Kauai with Daryl and Todd playing together! I thought of you immediately when I saw that....smiles
I have never experienced another human being. I have experienced my impressions of them.
Robert Anton Wilson