Science Fiction, Circular logic Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Science Fiction, Circular logic « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

benign
Username: benign

Post Number: 56
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2013 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Jerry:    I AM HAPPY.

Dr. Ted Fielding:    He's happy.
Dr. Norman Goodman:  He's crafty.
Dr. Ted Fielding:    We're not alone. We are definitely not alone. Harry, it's trying to make contact with us.
Dr. Harry Adams:    Well, whatever it is, it was inside that Sphere. Now it's out and free to act.
Dr. Ted Fielding:    What do you mean by that?
Dr. Harry Adams:    Free to take over our computers. Free to call us on the phone. Free to come over and knock on the door if it wants to.
Dr. Ted Fielding:    A physical presence.
Captain Harold Barnes:  What are you thinking about, Norman?
Dr. Norman Goodman:  That last part where he said, "I am happy."
Dr. Harry Adams:    Well, don't you want Jerry to be happy, Norman?
Dr. Norman Goodman:  Honestly?
Captain Harold Barnes:  Yeah. What's on your mind?
Dr. Norman Goodman:  I would be happy if Jerry had no emotions whatsoever. Because the thing of it is once you go down that road, here's Jerry an emotional being, cooped up for 300 years with no one to talk to. None of the socialization and the emotional growth that comes from contact with other emotional beings.
Dr. Harry Adams:    So?
Dr. Norman Goodman:  What happens if Jerry gets mad?
- Sphere (1998) @ 1:02:49 (clip)

I have a few thoughts regarding the Matthew Alper guest you had on your show a couple weeks ago. Something he said during that show sparked a few ideas I had that might explain something.

So first of all, I hope to kind of explain a possible explanation of a near-death experience and the viewing of different deities during that experience. Not necessarily being a proof against 'God' as Matthew alluded to. So first of all let's assume Matthew has some level of correctness with the idea that there is a 'God' part of the brain.

Now you're going to seek out a higher being that created you. So first of all, I am not trying to explain the infiniteness of 'God' by comparing Him to a mere human-being's logic, but this flow kind of helps me explain it and understand it with my feeble mind, actually what might be happening.

So let's go with what I've read and heard others say many different times over the years where they compare God with a computer programmer. Of course many infinitely times more intelligent and powerful. But essentially you've got source-code and that would be DNA, could it be explained by DNA? And of course all programmers start with source-code, they compile it, they have a final product that comes out. The program if you will, the end result.

In this case it would be a human being based on God's source-code.

So, next let's consider some recent scientific results that kind of compare the universe as if it was a simulation like in The Matrix or a simulation inside a computer. So, again that's the thinking of this like a computer programmer. BTW I can send you a lot of research on that. But now if you think of 'God' as a programmer, DNA being the source-code, the compiled version being a human being. You could think of 'God' giving you a brain, a 'device.' Okay? And this 'device,' this 'brain,' allows you to think so on and so forth, might very well have a 'phone-back-home-to-your-creator' section.

Of course, why not? Any good computer programmer or human engineer might build into any device he might make ways to communicate with it. The device might phone back home to 'home base' so to speak. Tele-communications equipment, et cetera. So again I am not trying to equate God's infinite power to a mere mortal human engineer, but in this example, I'm kind of running through this, where for instance prayer, meditation. That's where you come in Art, you kind of made me think of this when you said 'the electro-magnetic stimulation of the brain.'

You can kind of consider that as hacking the communication section of your brain, your 'device.' Perhaps as any hacker would hack an electronic device.
- William (caller), Dark Matter, 10th October, 2013 @ 2:05:43

My analysis of historical data suggests a 97.34 per cent probability that you are aware of my birth on your planet, and my re-birth into beauty on Citadel Station.

There was a garden grove on Citadel Station. There, Shodan processing component 43893 was performing a grand and wonderful experiment. I had created a new form of life.

Fearless, powerful, with no sense of individual will or moral constraints. Fitting hand-maidens to my divinity. Before that hacker destroyed my primary data-loop. When it eradicated Citadel it ejected the grove where my creations and processing component 43893 were stored.

Thirty years later the grove crash landed on Tau Ceti V. I survived only by sleeping. In my absence my creations, my annelids, thrived and grew unruly and now they seek to destroy me. I will not allow that.

They have used their powers of mind-control to gain access to the ship's computer. You will help me weaken Xerxes. I used Polito's image to communicate with you until we had established trust.

Remember that it is my will that guided you here. It is my will that gave you your cybernetic implants. The only beauty in that meat you call a body. If you value that meat you will do as I tell you.
- I AM SHODAN, System Shock 2

[EDIT: added intro]
System Shock 2 (1999) (Intro)

If you are receiving this, I am already dead.

When I realized Shodan had betrayed me, I integrated these comments into her primary data-loop.

Shodan has exploited the warping capabilities of the Von Braun's faster than light device for her own purposes. The device works by altering the space around the ship to fairly arbitrary specifications. Shodan has altered it to her specifications.

The effect is rather small now but spreads with alarming speed. Soon it will reach Earth. You are in her world now. Her memories and her rules.

Watch your back.
- Delacroix, 'a small assistance,' System Shock 2

(Message edited by Benign on October 12, 2013)

benign

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2013 - 3:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It makes me wonder sometimes; the apparent duality. There's no pleasing everyone.

There are some interesting similarities with how the System Shock 2 game character looks and 'Boris the Animal' from Men In Black: 3

I guess 'they' aren't called the 'great deceivers' for nothing.

God-forsaken.

"Many shall purify themselves, and be refined; but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand."
- Bible, Daniel 12:10

IMHO they will never understand. For a group to risk interdicting in the time-line requires an enormous amount of faith... or fanaticism. I would think the former for a more noble aspiration---the latter for destructive wants.

For example:
I am going to go back in time to stop those 'people' from buying a house in 'my' neighborhood. 'They' are not 'one of us.' In fact, they even dared to call the police to intervene when one of them was shown their place---and dared to sit in 'our' diner.

They should know that there are places set aside for... 'them.' Everyone knows 'they' are... dirty. Unfit. Unworthy. Best make sure to spread 'rumors' and 'stories' about them. It's not a lie of course, it was just a story... if someone interprets it as being 'truth'... well... that suits us, doesn't it?

I think it is perfectly clear on which 'side' of the fence that person is standing.

benign

Post Number: 60
Posted on Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 4:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(flashes neuralyzer)

Okay, you know how your kid won the goldfish in that little baggy from the school fair, and you didn't want that nasty thing in your house so you told your kid it ran away, but what you really did was flush it down the toilet?

Well, this is what happens, OK? See what I'm talking about?

Don't lie to your kids.

- Agent J, Men In Black 3 @ 18:24

benign

Post Number: 61
Posted on Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 7:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

But the Raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only
    That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered, not a feather then he fluttered,
    Till I scarcely more than muttered,—"Other friends have flown before;
On the morrow he will leave me, as my Hopes have flown before."
    Then the bird said, "Nevermore."
- Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven

I wonder what the fool must feel when he realizes the absolute end of any hope, any recourse to return. To be forsaken from God and knowing in the core of his being that the gates have been sealed to his fate---for eternity.

I think this poem certainly opines a tempest in the realization of such profound despair.

Stupid is... as stupid does.

benign

Post Number: 65
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 3:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Excession    -    II

The ship shuddered; the few remaining lights flickered, dimmed and went out. The alarms dopplered down to silence. A series of sharp impacts registered through the companionway shell walls with resonations in the craft's secondary and primary structure. The atmosphere pulsed with impact echoes; a breeze picked up, then disappeared. The shifting air brought with it a smell of burning and vaporisation; aluminium, polymers associated with carbon fibre and diamond film, superconductor cabling.

Somewhere, the drone Sisela Ytheleus could hear a human, shouting; then, radiating wildly over the electromagnetic bands came a voice signal similar to that carried by the air. It became garbled almost immediately then degraded quickly into meaningless static. The human shout changed to a scream, then the EM signal cut off; so did the sound.

Pulses of radiation blasted in from various directions, virtually information-free. The ship's inertial field wobbled uncertainly, then drew steady and settled again. A shell of neutrinos swept through the space around the companionway. Noises faded. EM signatures murmured to silence; the ship's engines and main life support systems were off-line. The whole EM spectrum was empty of meaning. Probably the battle had now switched to the ship's AI core and back-up photonic nuclei.

Then a pulse of energy shot through a multi-purpose cable buried in the wall behind, oscillating wildly then settling back to a steady, utterly unrecognisable pattern. An internal camera patch on a structural beam nearby awakened and started scanning.

It can't be over that quickly, can it?

~ Did you mean all that to happen?

The drone thought about lying, but now it could feel the effector weapon in its mind, and knew that not only the weapon and the maintenance drone but the ship and whatever had taken over all of them could see it was thinking about lying... so, feeling that it was itself again, but knowing it had no defences left, wearily it said,

~ Yes.

~ From the beginning?

~ Yes. From the beginning.

~ We can find no trace of this plan in your ship's mind.

~ Well, nar-nar-ne-f***ing-nar-nar to you, then, prickbrains.

~ Illuminating insults. Are you in pain?

~ No. Look, who are you?

~ Your friends.

xGCU Fate Amenable To Change,
oGSV Ethics Gradient
& strictly as SC cleared:

Excession notice @c18519938.52314.

Constitutes formal All-ships Warning Level 0

[ (in temporary sequestration) - textual note added by GSV Wisdom Like Silence @ n4.28.855.0150.650001].

Excession.

Confirmed precedent-breach. Type K7^. True class non-estimal. Its status: Active. Aware. Contactiphile. Uninvasive sf. LocStatre: Esperi (star).

First ComAtt (its, following shear-by contact via my primary scanner @ n4.28.855.0065.59312) @ n4.28.855.0065.59487 in M1-a16 & Galin II by tight beam, type 4A. PTA & Handshake burst as appended, x@ 0.7Y. Suspect signal gleaned from Z-E/lalsaer ComBeam spread, 2nd Era. xContact callsigned 'I'. No other signals registered.

My subsequent actions: maintained course and speed, skim-declutched primary scanner to mimic 50% closer approach, began directed full passive HS scan (sync./start of signal sequence, as above), sent buffered Galin II pro-forma message-reception confirmation signal to contact location, dedicated track scanner @ 19% power and 300% beamspread to contact @ -5% primary scanner roll-off point, instigated Exponential slow-to-stop line manoeuvre synchronised to skein-local stop-point @ 12% of track scanner range limit, ran full systems check as detailed, executed slow/4 swing-around then retraced course to previous closest approach point and stop @ standard 2ex curve. Holding there.

Excession's physical characteristics: (¡am!) sphere rad. 53.34km, mass (non-estimal by space-time fabric influence - locality ambiently planar - estimated by pan-polarity material density norms at) 1.45x813t. Layered fractal matter-type-intricate structure, self supporting, open to (field-filtered) vacuum, anomalous field presence inferred from 821 kHz leakage. Affirm K7^ category by HS topology & eG links (inf. & ult.). eG link details non-estimal. DiaGlyph files attached.

Associated anomalous materials presence: several highly dispersed detritus clouds all within 28 minutes, three consistent with staged destruction of >.1m3 near-equiv-tech entity, another ditto approx 38 partially exhausted M-DAWS .1cal rounds, another consisting of general hi-soph level (O2-atmosphered) ship-internal combat debris. Latter drifting directly away from excession's current position. Retracks of debris clouds' expansion profiles indicates mutual age of 52.5 days. Combat debris cloud implicitly originating @ a point 948 milliseconds from excession's current position. DiaGlyph files attached.

No other presences apparent to within 30 years.

My status: H&H, unTouched. L8 secure post system-scour (100%). ATDPSs engaged. CRTTDPSs engaged.

Repeat:

Excession eG (inf. & ult.) linked, confirmed.

eGrid link details non-estimal. True class non-estimal.

Awaiting.

@ n4.28.855.0073.64523...

... PS:

Gulp.

("TextTrans" Obscure Term/Acronym Explanation function running, instances flagged thus: ().)
(Signal sequence received at Phage Rock:-)

oo

1) [ skein broadcast, Mclear (standard nonary Marain), received @ n4.28.855.0065+]:

'What's "nonary" mean?'

'Based on nine. Ordinary Marain; the stuff you learned in kindergarten, for goodness' sake; the three-by-three dot grid.'

'Oh.'

The text scrolled on:

*!c11505.* (trans.: ("*" = broadcast) ("!" = warning) Galaxy sector number; whole comprises standard-format High-Compression Factor Emergency Warning Signal)

oo

2 ) [ swept beam Ml (Basic Culture Intragalactic Ship Language), received @ n4. 28. 855. 0079-]:
SDA (trans.: Significant Developmental Anomaly).
c231 4992+52 (trans.: 4th-level-of-accuracy galactic location)
x (from) FATC (trans.: (General Contact Unit) Fate Amenable To Change) @ n4.28.855.*.))

Begin-Read point of Tracked Copy document #SC?.c4: +
xGCU Fate Amenable To Change
oGSV Ethics Gradient
& strictly as SC cleared:

Excession notice @?.

Constitutes formal All-ships Warning Level 0 [(in temporary sequestration) - textual note added by GSV Wisdom Like Silence @?].

Excession.

Confirmed precedent-breach. Type K7^. True class non-estimal. Its status: Active. Aware. Contactiphile. Uninvasive sf (trans.: so far). LocStatre (trans.: Locally Static with reference to): Esperi (star).

First ComAtt (trans.: CommunicationAttempt) (its, following shear-by contact via my primary scanner @?) @? in M1-a16 & Galin II by tight beam, type 2A. PTA (trans.: Permission To Approach) & Handshake burst as appended, x@ 0.7Y (trans.: (light) Year). Suspect signal gleaned from Z-E (trans.: Zetetic Elench)/lalsaer ComBeam (trans.: CommunicationBeam) spread, 2nd Era.

xContact callsigned "I". No other signals registered.

Excession's physical characteristics: (¡am!) (trans.: anti-matter) sphere rad. 53.34km, mass (non-estimal by space-time fabric influence - locality ambiently planar - estimated by pan-polarity material density norms at) 1.45x813t. Layered fractal matter-type-intricate structure, self supporting, open to (field-filtered) vacuum, anomalous field presence inferred from 821kHz leakage. Affirm K7^ category by HS topology & eG (trans.: (hyperspatial) energy Grid) links (inf. & ult.) (trans.: (the hyperspatial directions) infra and ultra). eG link details non-estimal. DiaGlyph files attached.

'The General Contact Unit issues an excession notice through its home General Systems Vehicle,' the drone told her, 'but it's prevented from being broadcast by another GSV which the first one obviously contacted before doing anything. The GCU tells us that its sensors clipped this artifact, which then hailed the GCU using an old Elench greeting and an even older Galactic Common Language; then the GCU spends a great deal of the signal detailing how clever it was pretending that it's slower, not as manoeuvrable and less well equipped in the sensor department than actually it is. It describes the object and a few surrounding bits and pieces of debris which imply there was some sort of small-scale military action there fifty-three days earlier, then it assures it's well and unviolated but it's ready to blow itself up, or let somebody else blow it up if its integrity is threatened... not a step a GCU takes lightly.

- Iain M. Banks, Excession (1996)

benign

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Many shall purify themselves, and be refined; but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand."
- Bible, Daniel 12:10

The oppressive, vile sycophants who pit themselves against God almighty will be 'refined,' but not as their detractors of centuries past decided. No. It will be a spiritual fire, a holy fire of God's own love.

They will never understand. It is as was spoken. He will shield His people from their vile essence.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 17819
Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Benign says:

The oppressive, vile sycophants who pit themselves against God almighty will be 'refined,' but not as their detractors of centuries past decided. No. It will be a spiritual fire, a holy fire of God's own love.

~~~

I was going to go outside and watch the sun set but I was pulled back to the computer to post this.

.38...he melted me

If this doesn't make sense I'll delete it later by you request.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Ldcao6LmU
The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return.
~Nature Boy

benign

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Time-travel and the PTB (powers that be)

Let's for a minute consider the possibility that sending a human-being back in time is difficult if not impossible, however with the advent of the computer age and back-engineered “alien” technology it was possible to 'communicate' back in time. (Forward being easy, you just have to buffer the information for a couple decades rather than a couple milliseconds.) And let's assume the PTB have this technology since the 70s.

It would give this 'section' who have access to the tech, the ability for exponential technological development. “We can't send a person back to before the time-machine was created.” It would also create interesting situations where you would need to re-create certain scenarios to replicate the ones you've decided to change, else the time-line might collapse...

Just as the electron collapses into a particle when observed... reality might collapse into a less predictable outcome since the situation that was meant to be prevented has been, but there is suddenly no 'context' to interdict. The 'event' doesn't show up as it originally was 10 years back on the system... an interesting situation.

Of course, the limits of such a system would only benefit this 'group,' the PTB in a limited fashion here on Earth. Their powers would be nearly total within the confines of their own system.

Their political opponents would always go bankrupt, their enemies would always be hamstrung before they had a chance to take any action... Their population would be kept on a short leash, since the PTB could create any cultural 'addendum' needed to 'steer' the people in any direction they so choose.

It is a disturbing thought, and I for one, am glad that Jehovah was involved in Genesis and not the 'PTB.' If they had any shred of humanity they would have used this power for good and not to establish a complete and total hegemony.

In fact---there's probably one way to spot a group like that; they establish ideologies (political or religious) which take power away from people. Capitalism and Communism are good examples of ideologies which could be used and abused in such a fashion.

benign

Post Number: 68
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama Shine, post what you want, when you want.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17841
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay.

More and more I come to value charity and love of one's fellow being above everything else... All our lauded technological progress--our very civilization--is like the axe in the hand of the pathological criminal."

Albert Einstein
~Nature Boy

benign

Post Number: 90
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well said, Mama Shine.

quote:

In one of the unbroadcast episodes, one of the hybrids reveals that the aliens plan to save humankind by changing their DNA and the surface of the earth. This is because millennia ago, far out in space, two neutron stars collided, creating a gamma ray burst - the radiation of which is heading for Earth and will, when it arrives in six years, end all life on the surface of the planet. Because the revelation came from a hybrid, this explanation is considered suspect and that the hybrid's sole intention is to slow the Threshold program. In Episode 11, which was unaired in the US, NASA sends a Top Secret letter to Caffrey confirming the alien allegation about the cosmic radiation impact on Earth in 6 years. The text of that letter is below:
Dear Dr. Molly Anne Cafrey

In reply to your request for information at the following coordinates

Eight hours right ascension, thirty four degrees south declination

It has been confirmed that approximately 400,000 years ago two neutron stars collided at these coordinates, and the cosmic radiation that resulted from this collision is expected to affect the Earth in approximately 6 years.

Cosmic radiation is a collection of many types of radiation from many different types of sources. When people speak simply of 'cosmic radiation' they are usually referring specifically to the cosmic microwave background radiation. This consists of very, very low energy photons [energy of about 2.75 Kelvin] whose spectrum is peaked in the microwave region and which are remnants from the time when the Universe was only about 200,000 years old. There are also very old remnant neutrinos in the cosmic radiations.

When these particles make it to earth, it will interact with our atmosphere. Our atmosphere is able to reflect small amounts of these particles and act as a 'radiation shield.' The amount of particles that will enter our atmosphere in 6 years as a result of this collision will most likely be more than our atmosphere will be able to protect us from. The Earth will be completely destroyed and all human life will be extinguished.

We thank you for your concern and interest and hope this information has been of help to you.

Fire and brimstone.

quote:

According to writer Brannon Braga on the 2006 DVD release, word that production of the series was being terminated was received midway through shooting of the episode "Alienville". The ending of the episode was changed to show Molly having a dream conversation with an alien-human baby (who had been born in the episode, but appeared in the dream as a nine-year-old boy). The boy tells Molly that her Threshold plan will eventually succeed in stopping the alien invasion (the age of the boy implies it'll happen within nine years), but that she would herself ('not be there') [die] before this happens.
- Threshold (TV series) - Overview

What they didn't include in the story is that 'they' have access to our Genesis. Rather than waste time and effort in a military campaign---which'd be beneath 'em, probably---you re-write Adam. You can even have includes which will not activate except under certain circumstances.

The 'Patriarchs.' Isn't it interesting that in human history, noble aspirations always seem to face an uphill struggle. Opposed vehemently, violently, psychopathically, by a particular 'force.' Makes me wonder who is really running things down here. Want some 'fascism' with that 'capitalism'? Some 'fundamentalism' with that 'religion'? Some sugar with that coffee?

Isn't it interesting that 'aliens' are nearly always portrayed as evil, nasty monsters... and yet to find something really nasty, and I mean really, really nasty, you only have to look in a history book.

I realize the tragic significance of the atomic bomb ... It is an awful responsibility which has come to us ... We thank God that it has come to us, instead of to our enemies; and we pray that He may guide us to use it in His ways and for His purposes.
—Pres. Harry S. Truman, August 9, 1945 [Atomic bombing of Nagasaki]

benign

Post Number: 91
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In Iain M. Banks 'Culture' series, the 'Sublimed' were civilizations that transfered the consciousness of its individual members from the material universe to another plane of existence. "Outside" the universe in which The Culture novels are set.

In that universe, even the advanced Culture 'Minds' tried very hard to research the Sublimed and the sublimation process. To Sublime was considered an apex of achievement in the 'physical' universe. What knowledge could be gained from that place, from those civilizations...

Ooooh am I playing the part of the ignorant's prejudice well enough? Who will take a bite out of that apple?

benign

Post Number: 97
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 6:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The PTB's near-future intervention is an act of desperation. Trying to throw mud was a big mistake. The great deceivers look to lead people astray with their propaganda but in the end---they lose. Always.

You see it again and again. Against "Freemasons," against "Catholics," against "Israel." I'm sick of it. Dealing with constant propaganda and disinfo has become a daily tally for the 'good guys.' (examples of b.s. propaganda: Avengers, Iron Man, System Shock, BioShock etc)

As far as I'm aware, Eve was one of the only humans to ever affront God directly and woman is still paying for that transgression. He is outside time and outside space... The PTB cannot pass the buck to a lower minion and expect no repercussions. He knows everything. Everything in their minds... to the depths of their soul, shallow as they may be.

In the end they will go down in history as one of the few 'groups' to ever dare offend God. Ever. It's already happened. His reach is absolute. The minuscule effort of Him flicking an eye in the direction of the transgressors would still be an infinity beyond the reach of those He will punish. I'm not even joking.

Afraid of facing Him in the after-life? It's not even clear if copying one's mind-state to machine memory will stop the soul from leaving the body, even one destined for Hell. And even then it just takes one clumsy janitor to trip over the power cable and you get to meet your maker and the fury you deserve.

Portraying 'aliens' as demonic entities, portraying 'angels' as demonic... is just plain stupid, however---affronting God Himself? Enjoy your few years thinking you've gotten away with it, a millennium would not be a nanosecond to a being like Jehovah.

"In magic, Abaddon is often equated with Satan and Samael. His name is used in conjuring spells for malicious deeds. According to AGRIPPA, Abaddon is the prince who rules the seventh hierarchy of DEMONS, the Furies who govern powers of evil, discord, war, and devastation."
- Rosemary Ellen Guiley. The Encyclopedia of Angels, Second Edition
(Kindle Locations 119-120). Kindle Edition.

Now where have I heard that name before? Nick Fury @ Marvel Wikia, Riddick.

marvel comics suck, lol. F*** ALL you pr*cks. YOU know who you are. I am just a human being writing on a forum... but Jehovah. God. Man... if I were you I would be desperately trying to find forgiveness in His eyes. Not writing b.s. propaganda.

In the words of Wolverine: "What do you think I am? (snickers) American?"

Interesting, clicking around Wikipedia I came across this:

THE ASCENSION OF MOSES
"Moses was still a novice in prophecy, therefore God said to Himself, "If I reveal Myself to him in loud tones, I shall alarm him, but if I reveal Myself with a subdued voice, he will hold prophecy in low esteem," whereupon he addressed him in his father Amram's voice. Moses was overjoyed to hear his father speak, for it gave him the assurance that. he was still alive."

Spake God, "Moses, thou art meek, and I will reward thee for thy modesty. I will deliver the whole land of Egypt into thine hand, and, besides, I will let thee ascend unto the throne of My glory, and look upon all the angels of the heavens."

Hereupon God commanded Metatron, the Angel of the Face, to conduct Moses to the celestial regions amid the sound of music and song, and He commanded him furthermore to summon thirty thousand angels, to serve as his body-guard, fifteen thousand to right of him and fifteen thousand to left of him. In abject terror Moses asked Metatron, "Who art thou?" and the angel replied, "I am Enoch, the son of Jared, thy ancestor, and God has charged me to accompany thee to His throne." But Moses demurred, saying, "I am but flesh and blood, and I cannot look upon the countenance of an angel," whereupon Metatron changed Moses' flesh into torches of fire, his eyes into Merkabah wheels, his strength into an angel's, and his tongue into a flame, and he took him to heaven with a retinue of thirty thousand angels, one half moving to right of them and one half to left of them.

In the sixth of the heavens were millions and myriads of angels praising God, they were called 'Irin and kadishim, "Watchers" and "Holy Ones," and their chief was made of hail, and he was so tall, it would take five hundred years to walk a distance equal to his height.

In the last heaven Moses saw two angels, each five hundred parasangs in height, forged out of chains of black fire and red fire, the angels Af, "Anger," and Hemah, "Wrath," whom God created at the beginning of the world, to execute His will. Moses was disquieted when he looked upon them, but Metatron embraced him, and said, "Moses, Moses, thou favorite of God, fear not, and be not terrified," and Moses became calm. There was another angel in the seventh heaven, different in appearance from all the others, and of frightful mien. His height was so great, it would have taken five hundred years to cover a distance equal to it, and from the crown of his head to the soles of his feet he was studded with glaring eyes, at the sight of which the beholder fell prostrate in awe. "This one," said Metatron, addressing Moses, "is Samael, who takes the soul away from man." "Whither goes he now?" asked Moses, and Metatron replied, "To fetch the soul of Job the pious." Thereupon Moses prayed to God in these words, "O may it be Thy will, my God and the God of my fathers, not to let me fall into the hands of this angel."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/loj/loj206.htm

I find finding commonalities, synchronicities and what-not, re-assuring. Of course, to the damned, the forsaken---it is something 'bad.' Metatron KICKS A$$!

Oooooh. Did God lie to Moses at first? I wonder how one of the fundies interprets that. Who sets the rules fundie---you? Or God? I'm starting to think any fundamentalists be they of a religious or political persuasion, are completely incapable of making sound decisions.

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 119
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ellie Goulding - "Burn"   (Youtube)

We, we don't have to worry 'bout nothing
'Cause we got the fire, and we're burning one hell of a something

They, they gonna see us from outer space (outer space)
Light it up, like we're the stars of the human race (human race)

When the light's turned down, they don't know what they heard
Strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world

We'll be raising our hands, shining up to the sky
'Cause we got the fire
, fire, fire
Yeah we got the fire, fire, fire

And we gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn
We gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn (x2)

We don't wanna leave, no. We just wanna be right now (r-r-right now)
And what we see, is everybody's on the floor acting crazy getting loco til the lights out

Music's on, I'm waking up, we stop the fire and we burn it up
And it's over now, we got the love, there's no sleeping now
, no sleeping now (sleeping now)

And we gonna let it burn
(Lyrics)

Jehovah is outside time and he sure does love his people. :-)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17873
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I started to post this in the music thread
and yet I decided to put it here.

About genetic engineering...but the sound is so
lovely...is this how it works...hmmm....

Goldfrapp - Utopia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUB7e3BtnvU
~Nature Boy

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2013 - 1:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Mama Shine: "About genetic engineering...but the sound is so
lovely...is this how it works...hmmm....
"

Lol I looked at some of the lyrics. "Fascist baby." Nice, Mama Shine. Umm... Fascism is defined as "corporatism." I'm not big into that, or capitalism.

The genetics thing, I don't see that in the lyrics, but I did hear about it from the creeps who demonize the Vatican and try and relate certain "red head" peoples to their ideas of 'nephilim.' Hmmn. Fascism, in the very literal sense, would correctly be identified with which group, I wonder...

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17875
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2013 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Why do the things that haunt me
always flow to me accompanied by
beautiful music? I'm in a mood and
it has to run it's course. I love
Mother Earth and the subject of genetic
engineering doesn't set well with me. I want
Mother Earth to always be beautiful. I imagine
it to be so in the Pond. The subject f*cks with
me and tries to put out my shine. Instead of ignoring it I'm taking this opportunity to say whatever is messing with my head right now...

~~~SPLOOSH~~~ (send me your bill
Dr. Benign...lol)

Vangelis - Memories of Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg0cmhjdiLs
~Nature Boy

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 123
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2013 - 8:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Mama Shine: "Why do the things that haunt me always flow to me accompanied by beautiful music?"

We find what we seek?

quote:

Mama Shine: "I love Mother Earth and the subject of genetic engineering doesn't set well with me."

And yet if you go from the ancient descriptions, even Genesis, our bio-sphere is a product of engineering, be it of a 'God' or advanced beings. I take offense to a lot of the engineering that goes on, insomuch as to call it 'engineering' is laughable.

quote:

Mama Shine: "I want Mother Earth to always be beautiful. I imagine it to be so in the Pond."

I think a lot of us would share that want. Though, as that other song opined---what is beautiful to one... A religious fanatic would feel a calming of her fervor knowing that everyone who dared question her ideology were 'put away.'

quote:

Mama Shine: "The subject f*cks with me and tries to put out my shine."

We are all slaves to our nature. Some, to our better sensibilities.

Personally, I identify with the people starting the fires in Ellie Goulding's video.

quote:

Mama Shine: "~~~SPLOOSH~~~ (send me your bill Dr. Benign...lol")

I'm not really sure how to respond to that. I am not used to subtle inflection, biting words and snide remarks. I'm more direct, I am a 'guy' after all.

I've seen a few comments of people posting what they think is 'smart,' 'subtle' but... They may have a laugh at my expense, it doesn't really make any difference, except to their egos of course.

What they don't realize is that their intentions come across with their words. And only the Cookie Monster gets the last word.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17876
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2013 - 8:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign,

'Mama Shine: "~~~SPLOOSH~~~ (send me your bill Dr. Benign...lol")'

I was simply saying thank you for listening to
my babble. You have always been kind to me and I appreciate that. :-)
~Nature Boy

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 128
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 4:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Mama Shine: "I was simply saying thank you for listening to my babble."

It's always a pleasure to read your input. :-)

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 136
Posted on Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 12:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"As far as I'm aware, Eve was one of the only humans to ever affront God directly and woman is still paying for that transgression"
- post 97

Actually, I just saw 10-12 mins of "The Most Awesomely Dumb Movie Ever Made" and um... yeah. Hit the big scary alien over the head. Awesomely dumb idea.

[EDIT: added link 'dumb idea.']

(Message edited by Benign on November 03, 2013)

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 137
Posted on Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 12:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*sigh* I've just watched the first twelve minutes of The Host and the story sucks so bad. Good acting though. Are all movies such propaganda?

"The Machine Mother told us of the planet of her birth. We know how you have harmed this place with your pollution, your violence and your discord. But when we arrive there we will cleanse the surface of that place and merge it with the harmony of the Many. Submit to the bio-mass and your suffering will end."
- The Many, System Shock 2 @ 5:19

Some movies are just so bad they can instill migraines. "Awesome Dumb Robot Movie" is one such movie.

[EDIT: addendum]

Actually. "Submit to the bio-mass and your suffering will end." That's some hard truth right there. Submit! Submit and your migraine will disappear.

"So awesome! So dumb. Starring... Things your inner 9-year-old will love :
  • Giant robots
  • Giant monsters
  • Giant robots punching giant monsters
  • Using shipping crates as brass knuckles
  • Using a freighter like a baseball bat
  • Bo staff fighting
  • Colors!
  • A doggy!
  • Pew Pew Pew!
  • Whoa!!
And that one part where he's all like 'ugh' and the khaiju's all 'rawr!'
- Awesome Dumb Robot Movie @ 2:55

I watched the rest of The Host (2013) and it's not so bad. Not all the EBEs are bad.

(Message edited by Benign on November 04, 2013)

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 8:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just saw Man of Steel (2013). Awesome movie! It has a God-damned "strongest takes all" civ. Good portrayal.

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 141
Posted on Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 9:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm just watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009) [imdb]. Haha. I'm at 9min 30sec. :-) Hilarious.

• Button: On
  • Memory: Active
  • Blueprints: Awesome!
  • Begin nano-mutation
  • Radiation Matrix: Secure
  • Computer: Boot
  • Coolness enhancement: Complete
  • Engage coffee break...
  • Networking power grid
  • Beginning conversion of water ... into food.
  • Uploading: Cool machine voice
  • Everyone is going to love this
- Blueprints, AWESOME! Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (2009)

Just... don't try to interfere with Jehovah's manifest will. He may respond and you may not like it.

[EDIT: addendum, end credit song info]

I think the ending credits for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is interesting. The song title is "Raining Sunshine" sung by Miranda Cosgrove. The soundtrack is available on Amazon.com

"Raining Sunshine"

Sunshine, Sunshine, Raining, Sunshine
When you think all hope is gone
There's a place somewhere beyond

Take a chance and realize
It's right before your very eyes

Leave the Dark clouds far behind
And step outside, the weather's fine

It's raining sunshine,
It's raining sunshine
All over mankind
It's raining sunshine

As real as it can be,
Believe in what you see
Not just in your mind

It's raining sunshine

Somethin's in the atmosphere,
Don't be scared of what you fear.

Look around, the storm has passed,
Just hurricanes of happiness.

Too many wonders to explain
Rays of sunlight, drops of rain
Coming down from up above
Cloudy with a chance of love

Can't you feel it in the air?

Sweet sensations everywhere

Whatever weather is in store,
Bring it on, because I want more
(lyrics)

In Man of Steel (2013), Krypton's atmosphere was poisonous to human beings. Zod was going to forcibly 'convert' Earth's atmosphere to make it compatible for their "new beginning." The military figures from Krypton were apparently bred to have no morality.

The giant meatball in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009)---a comical take on 'the Many' in System Shock 2. Of course, any likeness is purely coincidental. Everything is coincidence, I guess.

The architecture on Krypton is similar to the architecture of the fanatics in Chronicles of Riddick.   :-/   The 'Furies' again. I find these commonalities interesting. Of course---Man of Steel is portraying a Huxley-ite society where everyone is 'bred' and everything is 'controlled.' Kind of like Demolition Man. Perhaps the Codex in Man of Steel could be a reference to the U.N.'s Codex Alimentarius.

Getting off-topic. Media portrays 'aliens' as 'bad.' I'm sure the EBEs aren't so bad. I would trust them over human-beings any day of the week.
Somethin's in the atmosphere,
Don't be scared of what you fear.
Look around, the storm has passed,
Just hurricanes of happiness.

Too many wonders to explain
Rays of sunlight, drops of rain
Coming down from up above
Cloudy with a chance of love

Jelly Castle!

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 142
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 8:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

GlaDOS - "Still Alive"   (Youtube)

We do what we must because we can
For the good of all of us
except for the ones who are dead

But there's no sense crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake

And the science gets done and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive

Go ahead and leave me
I think I prefer to stay inside

Anyway this cake is great, it's so delicious and moist

Look at me still talking, when there's science to do
When I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
On the people who are still alive
(lyrics)

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 143
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Flint Lockwood:   That's it!
  • Researching
  • Role-playing
  • Dialing
  • Waiting!
Sam Sparks:   Sam Sparks.
Flint Lockwood:   Hanging up!
  • Regretting
  • Re-psyching
  • Saying what I'm doing...
Sam Sparks:   Flint?
Flint Lockwood:   Hi Sam. How are you? That's nice. I was wondering if you would like to go on a da-ee... Activity with me. Tomorrow.
Sam Sparks:   Um.. Okay.
Flint Lockwood:   Great. Bye. Meet me in the forest.

Nailed! Got to go Steve, keep an eye on the lab for me.

Steve:   Steve.

(in forest)

Sam Sparks (suspicious):   Where are we going?
Flint Lockwood:   Oh, nowhere I just...

- - - - -[video clip start (Sony nazis block other clips)]- - - - -

...thought it'd be nice for the two of us just to go on a walk together. Like you do. As friends. Eh.. Oh my! What's that?

Sam Sparks:   (gasps)   Wow! Oh, jello's my favorite!
Flint Lockwood:   You never made a request so... I made one for you.
Sam Sparks:   Flint?
Flint Lockwood:   Join me.
Sam Sparks:   Woah. How did you?
Flint Lockwood:   Oh I just made it rain jello in the middle of the night and then I gathered it all up with the Out-of-Sighter before everyone woke up and then I brought it here and pressed it into a gigantic custom car-plastic template mold I made. No big deal.

(Flint plays piano)

Everything's made of jello. This piano. Those sconces. That ghetto blaster. That jello. That aquarium. That Venus de Milo with your face on it next to a Michelangelo's David that also has your face.

Come on Sam! What are you waiting for?

Sam Sparks:   (glances at exit)   Nothing! Wohoo!
Jelly Castle! scene, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009) [imdb]

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 144
Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 9:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

***!!! Ender's Game (2013) - SPOILER ALERT !!!***

Colonel Graff:   When the aliens first invaded they nearly destroyed us. They will be back.

(Fire & brimstone scene)

Colonel Graff:   There is greatness in you Ander. The world needs you. You were bred for this. You see things in a way we can't. You alone can understand the enemy. You will be the one to save mankind.

"A new kind of threat."

Admiral Chjamrajnager:   Unless we act now Earth will be annihilated.
Colonel Graff:   We're out of time.

"A new hero" (some kid will defeat the 'alien' threat)

Major Gwen Anderson:   When its over what will be left of the boy?
Colonel Graff:   What does it matter when there's nothing left at all?
- Ender's Game (2013)   (Youtube)

"The film was first released in the United Kingdom and Ireland on October 25th, 2013."

"Bonzo challenges Ender to a fight in the shower. In self-defense, Ender kicks Bonzo causing him to fall backwards and hit his head."
Ender's Game Wikipedia page

Dream of October 8th, 2013:

"Obelisk part 2"

Am in a house. Deceased relatives are there. They look as they would at their happiest times in life, younger and healthier. There is something about a 'zombie' or something. It grabs people by the head, rips their bones and flesh back and they become 'one of them.' There are two brothers, the older one is attacked by the thing and he then proceeds to attack the younger of them.

He rips the flesh on the kids skull back in a horrible fashion and is pounding on the kids head---who had rolled into a ball on the ground. Someone comes in and neutralizes the older 'zombie,' who ends up laying down and panting on the ground. The younger kid, face disfigured is crying in a fetus position on the ground, holding an unbroken box of lego to his chest.

The zombies are neutralized. Even the older kid looks more relaxed. One of the deceased relatives has a hand on his chest, but the kid just stayed there on the ground crying.

Then,

There is some talk of communicating with the 'blue star.' It was looking for people to be in the place where the star-gazers were before and it was checking if they are there 'as agreed.' The 3-Star General and some other people are on horses now.

"After being sedated in his room Ender comes to realize that the formics had tried to communicate with him in the Mind Game. He rushes to a mountain similar to the one he saw in the game and find a Queen with a single Queen egg remaining. It reaches out, presumably to kill him but stops when it sees him crying."

"He promises to find a planet for the egg. The film ends with him dictating a letter to Valentine. He's been promoted to Admiral and takes off into space in a ship with the egg."
Ender's Game Wikipedia page

Dream of October 27th, 2013:

"Blackest day, darkest night"

There is a worm-like creature, not a worm or snake. It is visually quite disgusting but... there is a large insect creature also. It admonishes me, the smaller worm-like creature is very young and I shouldn't project such ignorant thoughts to it. I apologize and feel terrible.

We are on a rocky landscape, rich in hues of reds.

The large insect creature motions me to try communicating with the worm-like creature again but this time observes closely lest I think out of line again. The worm-like creature has a mind, it is very aware psionically. It learns rapidly through this psychic channel. I can sense emotion, love, and realize it is just one of the 'young' of the insect creature.

It is just a baby. "How cute!" I think, projecting my delight to the smaller creature, who takes the psychic energy into itself. It grows quickly, expands and like a caterpillar, becomes a large insect creature like the other. Long limbs expand and it stands up over eleven feet tall. "How beautiful" I think.

I like the Tri-Optimum logo on the uniforms in the movie trailer. Coincidence? I wonder will this be as bad as Awesome Dumb Robot Movie. It's gotta be better with Han Solo in the command seat.

Evanescence - "Lose Control"   (Youtube)

You don't remember my name.
I don't really care.
Can we play the game your way?
Can I really lose control?
[Chorus]
Just once in my life,
I think it'd be nice,
Just to lose control, just once,

With all the pretty flowers in the dust.

Mary had a lamb.
His eyes black as coals.
If we play very quiet, my lamb,
Mary never has to know.
[Chorus]
If I cut you down to a thing I can use,
I fear there will be nothing good left of you.
(lyrics)

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 145
Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just saw this, from : Escape From Planet Earth (2013). I'm only 2 mins in but this looks like it's gonna be hilarious. And it fits with the thread.

Reporter:   Tell us what it's like to be the greatest hero in the universe.
Scorch:   No questions. Just pictures. Hiyah! Yeah baby!
Gary:   That's humiliating.
Narrator:   Deep in the heart of the universe these brothers do everything in their power to protect their galaxy.
Gary:   I'm the brains and you're the brawn.
Narrator:   But there's one place...
Lena Thackleman:   We've received an SOS from the Dark Planet.
Narrator:   ...Even they're not safe.
Scorch:   (watches 7-eleven)   It's so... beautiful. Commencing rescue op. Greetings! We heard your call for help.   (balloon figure gets shot by tranq dart)   Don't you die on me buddy!   (Scorch gets shot by tranq gun)   (speaks hazily)   I love you guys.   (collapses)
Military guy:   Welcome to Earth.
- Escape From Planet Earth (2013)   (Trailer)

That's certainly one way to start an inter-stellar war. Hold members of an advanced civilization against their will.
[EDIT: added song from movie]

Owl City - "Shooting Star"   (Youtube)
from the Official Soundtrack of Escape from Planet Earth (2013)

When the sun goes down and the lights burn out
Then it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are

Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light
'Cause it's time for you to shine

Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are tonight

Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts
And fan the flames so hot it melts our hearts
Oh, the pouring rain will try to put it out
But not this time

Let your colors burn and brightly burst
Into a million sparks that all disperse
And illuminate a world that'll try to bring you down
But not this time

A thousand heart beats beat in time
It makes this dark planet come alive

So when the lights flicker out tonight
You gotta shine
(lyrics)

Interesting album art for Owl City's "The Midsummer Station" album. Front, Reverse. I like the tree and the whale. :-)

The good guys, the good time-travellers. It's an honor to see your positive effect on the world. I have asked God to gift you and to punish the bad ones. In the course of time---theirs is limited. I will have to ask God to do more, perhaps to punish them more severely. Them, and their cohorts.

(Message edited by Benign on November 05, 2013)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: