Detachment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Detachment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

benign
Username: benign

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 1:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi, I am curious if 'detachment' and 'dissociation' are part and parcel of ongoing 'visitor' experiences?

It seems to come on quite suddenly, sometimes I feel like I am dreaming. Nothing feels real. It seems to be related to dreams of the 'visitors.' It is quite severe.

I didn't find much of anything helpful online. Some websites say it is normal for everyone to be dissociated sometimes. Others say shock can bring it on.

Considering I am not in shock and it is quite severe... I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.

benign

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 4:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A side note : I've considered breaking a finger or two, to remind myself that I am not dreaming, but when I pull back or twist my finger the pain is enough to ground me. Pain is real, apparently, and I certainly don't want to cause harm or stress to myself or anyone else.

The head-aches that occur when I try and remember certain things about the 'visitors,' however, don't seem to have the same grounding effect. In fact, they seem to be associated more so with the detachment.

I worry sometimes that I am just feeding into a delusion. However, the 'visitors' are so extraordinarily powerful.

I think... the 'visitors' are much more than what we assume. Our solar system is a play-thing to them. The human-species, what are we? It's not “what are they to us?”

The question is : “what are we to them?” If we can learn our proper place in the grand scheme of things, perhaps we could find some humility.

bean
Username: tina

Post Number: 2542
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 9:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign,

I am not sure I understand your experience with detachment and disssociation. Can you be more specific?

What is happening when you are feeling "dreamy?"

ABSOLUTELY do not break your fingers!

I don't think there are many..( if any )that know exactly what is going on....so don't feel you're alone there.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 17697
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign,

Welcome to the board.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return.
~Nature Boy

benign

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi bean,

Thank you for your comments.

"I am not sure I understand your experience with detachment and dissociation. Can you be more specific?"

Just that; detachment and dissociation. When nothing feels real, even I don't feel real. To such an extent that I have to remind myself that there is a 'reality' out there and that I am 'real.'

"What is happening when you are feeling "dreamy?" "

It's like being detached, reality doesn't feel real. Like in a dream, sort of, where you are not quite lucid but aware enough to know that the dream world is not real.

"ABSOLUTELY do not break your fingers!"

Don't worry I have no plans to. I just thought in a particularly dissociative episode that if I were to, I could remind myself that I was real by putting pressure on a broken finger. It would be more subtle and I wouldn't have to worry about people looking at me askance for pulling my finger back in any overt way.

"I don't think there are many..( if any )that know exactly what is going on....so don't feel you're alone there."

Oh. :-( I was hoping people here would be able to explain some of this to me. The easy route at the start was to just think myself somewhat insane but... there doesn't seem to be anything crazy about what's going on. If the experiences are objectively verified and correlate to a very strong degree with external reality...

I've come to the conclusion I'd have to be seriously retarded to dismiss (to me) the over-whelming evidence of an 'intelligence' communicating to me.

There are so many people who claim to communicate with ETs, I was hoping to find someone who can explain what the heck is going on.

This is not some fancy pants crystal ball gazing. They are real. They are VERY real and I don't understand why there isn't more information about them available.

----------------

I read the other day someone commented saying something like: "Why not attack them, make them suffer? Get some technology from them."

BAD idea. I've never tried --how could I? It'd be like being a computer program in TRON going against the programmer, who can kill the process with the click of a button.

It'd be like a lab-rat trying to bite at the hand of the scientist reaching into its small cage.

Maybe that is being overly dramatic but... that's the feeling I get anyway. They are here. They are VERY aware of us. What exactly are we doing besides thinking about 'attacking' them? ---Which I may add, would be a VERY bad idea.

----------------

"Welcome to the board."

Thanks, Mama Shine

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17700
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 3:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign,

I've always been a dreamer and somewhat
dissociated. I enjoy the state but I don't
have to hold down a job. I feel each of us
communicate with the unknown according to our
attitude towards it. Probably I'm no help to
you because I just flow with it. If you have
love in your heart then the unknown is an easier
place to dwell.

Talk about it here. I wish you the best.

(Message edited by mama_shine on September 18, 2013)
~Nature Boy

QuantumJohnny
Username: quantumjohnny

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign,

The detachment that comes with dreams could very well be because the situations you find yourself in with the visitors doesn't fit the mold of everyday waking life.

The realm where the Visitors interact from seems to me hardly concrete. It is in the imagination and in subtleness where they exert their force.

How do the Visitors communicate with you? I have had experiences that feel like gut instincts or impressions about something. It could have been my imagination at the time, but since I have started to listen to my intuition, it usually is very accurate.

I think we shouldn't question our thoughts but take in the sensations and ideas as they come to us. At that point, we can rationally decide what is happening and whether they are real or not.

As far as being detached, try to keep focus like you are trying to become lucid in a dream, if that works for you. Just let whatever is trying to happen happen and see what comes from it.

Again, welcome to the board,
QJ

blue
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 1418
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think the "experience" is different w/everyone. The feeling that nothing is real could be the memory of your experience pushing to the surface because feelings that "this isn't real -- or this cannot be happening" are often part of horrific experiences -- even those we do remember. Detachment may have been your defense mechanism. Detaching from the situation kept you alive (and relatively) sane. As you struggle to regain some answers, the memories may push to the surface -- along w/your way of coping w/the situation -- detachment.

I do not deny the possibility/probability of alien species being on earth, but keep in mind that "alien" type encounters can also be used as a cover memory. imo, "remembering" is not as important as healing. Healing requires you to move forward -- to become a better you than you were before whatever happened to you. These experiences often denegrate us, make us feel powerless, to be less than we are, inferior, incapable -- unfortunately, so does a lot of the way our world is structured at this time. Sometimes its hard to separate then and now.

I wish I knew some surefire way for all of us to get better fast -- but, like many others here -- I struggle w/the insanity of it all. Try not to get stuck in the rut of your own feelings. Its ok to feel, but keep the feelings moving. This site is a wonderful place to get all kinds of points of view and a place to share experiences which many of us find difficult to share w/significant others.

Some days seem to be bad on all of us -- there seem to have been a lot of them lately -- and yet there are also some wondrous realizations and hope for the future. Get involved helping others if you can. Just a little is ok. Take your mother grocery shopping -- build a home w/Habitat for Humanity. Every bit contributes to a better world for all of us.
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

to be a rock and still to roll . . .
change we can believe in is here -- The Ed Show
Love is the Way ~ Jesus of Nazareth

benign

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama Shine,

"I feel each of us communicate with the unknown according to our attitude towards it."

Very true. Well, one handy thing about dissociation is that I don't care too much about it.

"If you have love in your heart then the unknown is an easier place to dwell."

:-) Thanks for that.

"Talk about it here. I wish you the best."

Thank you.

However, I have no real interest in talking about it. I was looking for some info here but if you senior members don't have them, I doubt anyone does.

- - - - -

Hi QuantumJohnny,

Thank you for your thoughts on the subject.

"The detachment that comes with dreams could very well be because the situations you find yourself in with the visitors doesn't fit the mold of everyday waking life."

I think you misunderstand. I am not detached in my dreams, I am detached in waking life.

"The realm where the Visitors interact from seems to me hardly concrete. It is in the imagination and in subtleness where they exert their force."

They are the masters of that realm. I have had experiences with angels also... but now I wonder if they are one and the same, or connected. Depending on the day, one might feel more real than the other. It is very strange, but positive, I think.

"How do the Visitors communicate with you?"

I wish I knew. :-) Actually, maybe not. They are very willing to intercede in reality, and, answer questions.

"I have had experiences that feel like gut instincts or impressions about something. It could have been my imagination at the time, but since I have started to listen to my intuition, it usually is very accurate."

That's good, we all have intuition and psychic abilities --if we cared to use them... but what does that have to do with the 'visitors'? Is it possible they communicate in that form? I think it likely.

- - -

[EDIT (insert) 19th Sep 2013]

"The realm where the Visitors interact from. [They are the masters of that realm.]

"How do the Visitors communicate with you?" I wish I knew. :-) Actually, maybe not. They are very willing to intercede in reality, and, answer questions. [Is it possible they communicate in that form? I think it likely.]

I've just gone over the experiences and thoughts over the past couple days and they reflect nearly exactly my dreams over the past weeks and months... it would appear to me that they have answered my own question. Interesting. However, probably the only people who would connect those dots are the No Such Agency... and I am not stupid enough to claim that is random ramblings of my own thoughts.

To the ones doing the communicating --ok! I get it --I'm sure the agencies get it.

If 'visitors' can communicate so absolutely, through telepathy, beyond time... they are so far ahead of us. That is an answer to blue's other post also. Looks like blue is wrong. The detachment does appear to be part of the communication parcel, at least for me. It is not paramnesia because I wrote up those dreams. They are in those books and in those journals, time-stamped.

... Whatever.

- - - - -

"we can rationally decide what is happening and whether they are real or not."

Sure.

"As far as being detached, try to keep focus like you are trying to become lucid in a dream, if that works for you."

It doesn't work. I tried. I don't lucid dream anyway.

"Just let whatever is trying to happen happen and see what comes from it."

Actually I completely agree with you. I heard Whitley Strieber mention a while back on radio that whatever is happening, at least try and use it constructively. When you cannot control something, and it is very powerful, "go with the flow" as Mama Shine said.

I'd rather give to the current than snap like a twig. Then again, being in such a dissociated state I can laugh at the whole thing. Why should I care anyway?

"Again, welcome to the board"

Thank you very much for your thoughts and for the welcome.

- - - - -

Hi blue,

"Detachment may have been your defense mechanism. Detaching from the situation kept you alive (and relatively) sane."

This would assume any experiences are 'negative.' I've read your other reply about the 'archons' and 'demons' and must say; I was not impressed.

"I do not deny the possibility/probability of alien species being on earth"

Of course you don't. From reading your other post they are responsible for every person who stubbed their toe, every person who broke a nail, and the notorious Illuminati.

"These experiences often denegrate us, make us feel powerless, to be less than we are, inferior, incapable -- unfortunately, so does a lot of the way our world is structured at this time. Sometimes its hard to separate then and now."

Sure. Like I said before: I don't care. Whatever. I came here looking for answers but I think there are more opinions than truths with some of the theories posted around here.

"like many others here -- I struggle w/the insanity of it all."

I am new here, but I think you should focus on a more positive outlook. And avoid Icke and co., those deceivers have spread their vile lies throughout the world.

"Its ok to feel, but keep the feelings moving."

I don't feel anything, so it's all good.

"This site is a wonderful place to get all kinds of points of view and a place to share experiences which many of us find difficult to share w/significant others."

I came here for answers, but it appears there are none. I am not interested in sharing anything. It's bad enough with the amount of lies and fear being created by said groups.

"there are also some wondrous realizations and hope for the future."

Since I am not upset and don't care I have no need to believe in some miraculous future.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for."

I've been waiting for someone? Oh wait, you're talking about some type of grass-roots movement or something. I think anyway. Right. You guys can mow some lawns and help with grocery shopping. As long as you don't start some New Age cult or Second Coming cult or what not.

Hope you have a great, happy and healthy long life.

(Message edited by Benign on September 19, 2013)

blue

Post Number: 1420
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 3:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, happy hunting then :-) I hope you find/are satisfied with whatever it is you are looking for . . .

and just for the record -- total misunderstandings of my posts.

(Message edited by jennyblue on September 18, 2013)
Hopi Elders 2001.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17704
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 2:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign,

You may think because of my high post
count that I post my experiences and
know what's what, I don't. I only know what's what in my world. My post count comes from my music
posts, poetry and reflecting ideas from my
imagination world in the pond down in area 52.

I rarely talk about my experiences or offer advice to others because it's not my business.
I will gladly compare notes though. I don't mind
being detached. I'm impromptu in my thoughts and have learned more from ah hah moments from having read something or observed a posters energy. I usually keep it to myself. Like you said, why should I care?

I hope for the best and music is my best bet.
BTW...the 'visitors' agree they love Beethoven's
Moonlight Sonata.

*edit*...lol area52 I meant

(Message edited by mama_shine on September 19, 2013)
~Nature Boy

bean

Post Number: 2543
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 9:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well.......Since you are unwilling to be specific about your experiences, don't want to share anything... (except maybe a little of gall )....I wish you the best in finding answers.
If you do find anything concrete, come on back and let us know what you have figured out!

Best of luck to you.

benign

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 5:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

blue :

"I hope you find/are satisfied with whatever it is you are looking for . . ."

Thanks.

"total misunderstandings of my posts."

Glad to hear it. I'm starting to lose hope in people.

- - - - -

Mama Shine :

"I rarely talk about my experiences or offer advice to others because it's not my business."

You're right to be cautious, from what I've seen, there are many lunatics who would be happy to slap a label on you and fit you into their broad definition of pure evil. (Defined as: Anything that's different from them.)

"I will gladly compare notes though. I don't mind being detached."

We can be detached together then. :-)

"Like you said, why should I care?"

I really don't know. I don't even understand why I started posting here. Perhaps it is normal to have instinct for self-preservation, a small voice in the back of my mind does seem to voice concern over the apparent psychological manipulation these 'visitors' seem to use... but, do we worry when we cut up lab rats? Do we mourn for their circumstance? No.

"I hope for the best and music is my best bet. BTW...the 'visitors' agree they love Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata."

Do they? I wouldn't know--never asked. They seem to operate on a higher dimensional level. Seem to, to me anyway. It is rather intimidating to communicate with them. Extremely intimidating.

- - - - -

bean :

"Well.......Since you are unwilling to be specific about your experiences, don't want to share anything... (except maybe a little of gall )....I wish you the best in finding answers."

That's mighty kind of you.

"If you do find anything concrete, come on back and let us know what you have figured out!"

Something concrete... I see.

- - - - -

I may come across defeatist but I'm starting to think humanity doesn't really deserve to exist at all. I'm not proselytising but even in the Bible, God was upset for creating man.

He was right.

You give human beings knowledge and they create weapons... to 'profit.' We've been killing and waging war since we were created (however that was done.) Why should we even be allowed to exist? We have been given every opportunity to show ourselves worthy and yet even in this modern era with the Internet, you can see those whom Mark Dice calls "Digital Devils" spreading hatred and division.

I used to think Agent Smith in the movie The Matrix was a nasty character, especially when he called humanity a virus... but was he wrong?

A rabid dog is a rabid dog, regardless what you want to call it. You can go around denying the dog is a danger---but that only puts everyone in the neighborhood at risk. Sooner or later it has to be put down for the good of everyone.

It just has to be done.

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 6903
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"...but, do we worry when we cut up lab rats? Do we mourn for their circumstance? No."

Well, YOU might not worry or mourn for them, but many of us DO, very deeply.

-------------

You "feel" really familiar, for some reason.

"In the end, only kindness matters."

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17707
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A mind that is stretched by a new experience
can never go back to it's old dimensions.

Some say to me that it's a shame I suffer from
agoraphobia and I think to myself 'I'm not suffering'. I allow this label to make it easier on people to communicate with me. They say I should take medication to allow me to get out and enjoy myself...lol, riiight. I just smile to myself as I reflect back on my social life. Some of my friends took medication to be in the dimension I'm in now...I find this amusing. I used to be angry and afraid but for the last year I'm not anymore. I'm typing this impromptu and must say that I appreciate this thread allowing me to do so. I don't think I'm stuck here just taking a rest on the riverside as the water flows by. I can jump in anytime I feel the need.
~Nature Boy

benign

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 6:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Second Wind :

"Well, YOU might not worry or mourn for them, but many of us DO, very deeply."

I never said that I don't worry or mourn for people who suffer.

"You "feel" really familiar, for some reason."

Interesting, well---"feel" away.

- - - - -

Mama Shine :

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

Right. I will say however, if one's memories can be selectively switched off and one's frame-of-references so changed... their entire outlook changes at the same instant. Their personality can be modified.

"Some say to me that it's a shame I suffer from agoraphobia and I think to myself 'I'm not suffering'."

Hah. :-) If one doesn't imitate the people on the television they will fall out of sync with the masses. Human society does seem to reorganize itself around... 'idols.'

"I allow this label to make it easier on people to communicate with me. They say I should take medication to allow me to get out and enjoy myself...lol, riiight."

Yeah, riiight.

"Some of my friends took medication to be in the dimension I'm in now...I find this amusing."

Escapism---in small doses.

"I used to be angry and afraid but for the last year I'm not anymore."

Same. The last year or so. Not afraid anymore. I really don't care anymore. It will be over soon anyway, I'm sure.

"I'm typing this impromptu and must say that I appreciate this thread allowing me to do so."

Glad you joined in. :-)

"just taking a rest on the riverside as the water flows by. I can jump in anytime I feel the need."

... The river, where angel feet have tread.

- - - - -

It is pretty cool to know the 'visitors' got your back.

benign

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 8:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hearing my thoughts repeated on the radio. I was thinking humanity doesn't deserve to exist and should be wiped from the entire solar system. This would be a fitting end, I think.

Michio Kaku - Art Bell - September 16 2013 @ 1:20:42

Second Wind

Post Number: 6914
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 8:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"I never said that I don't worry or mourn for people who suffer."

I realize you did not say you don't worry or mourn for people who suffer.

You very clearly said "we" don't worry about cutting up lab rats.

And I very clearly responded that many of us DO worry and mourn for them.

Of course, most normal people who have the ability to feel compassion for the suffering of other living beings, would worry about, and mourn for, the suffering and sacrifice of ANY "lab rats", whether human or animal.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6915
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/pathological-relationships/201211/dissociati on-isnt-life-skill

http://www.strangerinthemirror.com/questionnaire.html

http://psychcentral.com/lib/in-depth-understanding-dissociative-disorders/000137 7

I have only ever experienced one episode of "derealization and depersonalization", and it was during a job interview. The episode only lasted about an hour, if that long. It ended when I left the interview and was in the car ready to go home.

It took place after escaping a very traumatic marriage and divorce.

It was similar to a anxiety attack, but only in that it was caused severe anxiety because it was so sudden and unfamiliar.

It was NOT like the couple of times in my life when I had full-blown anxiety attacks, which felt more like having a heart attack, and were not accompanied by depersonalization, derealization or dissociation.

-------------------

On the other hand........here is another possibility, depending upon your experiences:

http://www.eaglespiritministry.com/teaching/elcollie/ecbb.htm

benign

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Second Wind.

Whoa, these links are talking about 'trauma' and stuff. I read on Wikipedia that people dissociate all the time, when you zone-out while driving a car you are on 'auto-pilot.' That's dissociation also. It's not necessarily trauma based. Most people feel dissociated or detached at some point.

I have none of the other symptoms referred on the websites. No mood-swings, I'm not bi-polar, I am not emotional. Perhaps some amnesia but who has perfect memory anyway? I was angry yesterday, thinking about humanity not deserving to be here, and I was also aware of the 'visitors' asking if that was what I want.

We all have our own internal dialogues and stuff... but there is a tendency with some groups of shrinks to classify everyone as mentally ill. Even doctors were caught having fun diagnosing "depression" and getting people on SSRIs to get perks and go on holidays, and take other packages offered by Big Pharma.

I'm aware there is a difference between a MD, a psychiatrist and a psychologist but... I'm not sure this particular 'trauma' circumstance relates to me. I'm sorry if you suffered in life. That's another reason why I think we shouldn't be here. Why do people consciously and willfully hurt others? It's crazy.

I've just listened to the end of Art Bell's first podcast of Dark Matter and I have to agree with him---something is wrong with people.

- - -

"I have only ever experienced one episode of "derealization and depersonalization", and it was during a job interview. [...] It took place after escaping a very traumatic marriage and divorce."

Sorry to hear that---that you had to suffer trauma. Perhaps we can ask the 'visitors' to help fix that---for everyone. It certainly would be better than annihilating the solar system.

"It was similar to a anxiety attack."

I am not sure I've ever experienced an anxiety attack. Don't plan on it.

"On the other hand........here is another possibility."

No, I flicked through some of the text. Not a possibility.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6917
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, wiki does say that mild dissociation is common in most people. But that is on the mild end of the dissociative spectrum.

You said:

"It seems to come on quite suddenly, sometimes I feel like I am dreaming. Nothing feels real. It seems to be related to dreams of the 'visitors.' It is quite severe."

"Symptoms of Derealization
Derealization can be experienced differently by different people. Some people describe it as a hazy, dreamlike state where details of the environment may seem fuzzy or detached. Other people may experience changes in their perception of the environment. For example, sights and sounds may be muted and seem unreal."

You gave a very brief and incomplete description of the episodes you referred to as "detachment" and "dissociation", but you also said the episodes are "quite severe".

I, (and anyone else reading your words) can only respond to the words you chose to use. Since you would not elaborate further on what these episodes are like, and you used specific words and described them as "severe", I posted what seemed like appropriate info.

You don't have to accept it. I wonder if you would accept ANY responses or explanations?

For what it's worth, I agree with you about this:

but there is a tendency with some groups of shrinks to classify everyone as mentally ill. Even doctors were caught having fun diagnosing "depression" and getting people on SSRIs to get perks and go on holidays, and take other packages offered by Big Pharma.

Absolutely true and well said.

So, I would ask you, what do YOU think the answer to your original question is?

Have you tried a simple Google search using the terms "UFO Experiencers and Dissociation"?

I recommend that you do that, and follow some links from there.

Because the SIMPLE answer to your question, is OF COURSE 'detachment' and 'dissociation' are part and parcel of ongoing 'visitor' experiences.

But really, I think you already knew that.

-------

OR, perhaps your episodes you described ARE actually DREAMS.

When it seems like a dream
They've got you hypnotized

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewTt09OHXvw

xretsim
Username: xretsim

Post Number: 1580
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 4:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

and then there's always...

Unusual Sleep Experiences, Dissociation, and Schizotypy: Evidence for a Common Domain

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 5091
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 5:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It could also be something physiological like sleep deprivation,
an inner ear infection, high fever or even low blood sugar levels.
Our life is determined by the choices we make!

benign

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 6:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"you also said the episodes are "quite severe"."

Yes, they are. It is. Half the time nothing seems quite real.

"Since you would not elaborate further on what these episodes are like, and you used specific words and described them as "severe", I posted what seemed like appropriate info."

Thank you very much for your input. I really do appreciate it.

"You don't have to accept it. I wonder if you would accept ANY responses or explanations?"

I am just a bit defensive about the subject.

"So, I would ask you, what do YOU think the answer to your original question is?"

Well one thing's for sure---I am in a very dissociated state. Subjectively, I would link this to perceived communication with apparent ET intelligences.

"Have you tried a simple Google search using the terms "UFO Experiencers and Dissociation"?"

No. I was really hoping you guys would have all the answers, that the info was posted already, many years ago by people who know what's going on.

"I recommend that you do that, and follow some links from there."

Good advice. Thanks.

"Because the SIMPLE answer to your question, is OF COURSE 'detachment' and 'dissociation' are part and parcel of ongoing 'visitor' experiences."

Oh :-( I was clinging by a thread to the hope these were just vivid dreams with some psychic component.

"But really, I think you already knew that."

Yeah.

"OR, perhaps your episodes you described ARE actually DREAMS."

Cool :-)

"When it seems like a dream
They've got you hypnotized"

? :-(

- - - - -

xretsim :

"and then there's always... Unusual Sleep Experiences, Dissociation, and Schizotypy: Evidence for a Common Domain"

Great :-\ one talks about 'aliens' and will either be categorized as 'demonic' or 'clinically insane.'

- - - - -

It has been 125 years since Nikola Tesla published the patent to his electric generator. 125 years. The universe is over 13 billion years old. We really don't have a clue of our place in the cosmos... I'm just glad the aliens are not capitalist and certainly not communist... they're better than that ideological rubbish.

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 6242
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 8:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes.. we are on our own
and it's okay

benign

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sharon2 :

"It could also be something physiological."

Thank you for your input, I'm not sure it is any of those things.

Buddie :

"Yes.. we are on our own and it's okay"

Yeah If talking about a couple strange dreams is enough to get a person labelled as being demonic or insane then---&^$! society and $(*! them. I hope the 'visitors' see sense and wipe them from the face of the planet. Who needs 'em, anyway. (j/k)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17712
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign said:

'It is pretty cool to know the 'visitors' got your back.'

I don't know...perhaps I'm as much a curiosity
to them as 'they' are to me. Anything that one
brings back from another dimension is alien. Something has been watching out for me all my life and I have had an unusual one. Perhaps 'they' have an investment in me. I don't know. Humanity will get whats coming to them.
~Nature Boy

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17713
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 11:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign,

I almost forgot that something you typed
brought my grandmother's voice to my head
and she was my shining light. Otherwise I
would be dead or in a straight jacket.

'Shall we gather at the river,
Where bright angel feet have trod,
With its crystal tide forever
Flowing by the throne of God?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u6KCzMc3Lw
~Nature Boy

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17714
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 1:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

On the other hand our frame of reference
can be altered and what we hear and see
may not always shine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QllY_0VFYI8
~Nature Boy

blue

Post Number: 1423
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think it is very appropriate when the visitors appear as incomplete humans or embryonic humanoid looking beings because, imo, that is what they are -- proto life. I do not see them as "aliens" because they exist everywhere "in" the universe and hence are native to this space. I do not see them as being superior to us at all. To think that they are capable of having "our backs" is laughable, imo. I think of them as "worthy opponents". imo, They are opportunists. If someone talks you into buying a a bad used car -- does that make them superior to you (or evil)? I do not understand why so much of humanity keeps looking for someone to save them. The visitors, aliens, technology, messiahs, angels, God (????)!

The message I have gathered from our ancestors and most beloved teachers/way show_ers is that we should save ourselves -- stand up and be responsible for who we are and our world OR you will be stuck in a world of somebody else's making until you do. The visitors/archons live in a world of imagination and ideas_4th Dimension (not the most complete explanation but it will have to do).

Detachment is a primary characteristic of serial killers and mass murderers. It is probably a good way to describe the visitors: pure mind -- detached, seemingly objective. They know things, they exist outside of time -- but they are not superior. I do not think detachment is a state of being that one should cultivate. It serves a purpose but, imo, shld be imbibed infrequently and in small doses.
Hopi Elders 2001.

xretsim

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

> Great :-\ one talks about
> 'aliens' and will either be
> categorized as 'demonic'
> or 'clinically insane..

you must be new here.

benign

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Second Wind :

"So, I would ask you, what do YOU think the answer to your original question is?"

It makes sense ; some dissociation. Otherwise people would freak out. If any energy is invested in communicating or interdicting in human affairs---even on an individual level---it makes sense to make sure the people you interact with don't self-destruct.

- - - - -

Mama Shine :

"I don't know...perhaps I'm as much a curiosity to them as 'they' are to me. Anything that one brings back from another dimension is alien. Something has been watching out for me all my life and I have had an unusual one. Perhaps 'they' have an investment in me. I don't know. Humanity will get whats coming to them."

My thoughts exactly. :-)

"I almost forgot that something you typed brought my grandmother's voice to my head and she was my shining light. Otherwise I would be dead or in a straight jacket."
'Shall we gather at the river,
    Where bright angel feet have trod,
With its crystal tide forever
    Flowing by the throne of God?'

It's a beautiful hymn.

"On the other hand our frame of reference can be altered and what we hear and see may not always shine."

Interesting.

There is so much going on, 'reality is stranger than fiction.' I believe in a higher power, a Creator---I also believe that Creator has other higher-beings which can enact His will---and His judgments.

I am not talking about human-beings screaming you will go to 'Hell' for not doing what they (the human beings) say. Their particular interpretation of (choose one at random) religious text, during whatever century... however, imagine said Creator did something and said human-beings started to scream their trash at Him... what would the response be, I wonder.

Of course, any judgment thereafter would be the work of (whichever deity is evil in their religion) the 'devil.'---To them, at least. They dig their own pits.

- - - - -

benign :

"Hearing my thoughts repeated on the radio. I was thinking humanity doesn't deserve to exist and should be wiped from the entire solar system. This would be a fitting end, I think."

"Michio Kaku - Art Bell - September 16 2013 @ 1:20:42"

It would require a lot of ships & an enormous amount of energy to travel to a point far enough away after the g-burst, and warp space to refract the energy enough to mute its damage potential... and in so doing, every scum-bag on the planet would be saved also.

A much better scenario imo would be like some of the prophecies call for---a relocation of some of the good people to a new world. Let the others burn. Forsake them.

- - - - -

blue :

"I think it is very appropriate when the visitors appear as incomplete humans or embryonic humanoid looking beings because, imo, that is what they are -- proto life. I do not see them as "aliens" because they exist everywhere "in" the universe and hence are native to this space. I do not see them as being superior to us at all."

Right. Well... everyone to themselves.

"To think that they are capable of having "our backs" is laughable, imo. I think of them as "worthy opponents"."

Haha!

"imo, They are opportunists. If someone talks you into buying a a bad used car -- does that make them superior to you (or evil)?"

Don't agree with the analogy. If calling them used car salesmen and evil makes you feel better---by all means. Go ahead. Not sure how you can muster any conviction to the argument tho.

"I do not understand why so much of humanity keeps looking for someone to save them."

I believe it's called the hero archetype and it's another integral part of our nature.

"Carl Gustav Jung, Swiss psychiatrist and founder of analytical psychology, found that the phenomenon of fragmented identity can result in what he referred to as complexes."

"There are various categories of complexes. Each category is rooted in a particular archetype. Major categories include: father, mother, brother, sister, hero, child and animus or anima."

"An archetype is a generic, idealized model of a person, object, or concept from which similar instances are derived, copied, patterned, or emulated. In psychology, an archetype is a model of a person, personality, or behavior."

"In Jung's psychological framework archetypes are innate, universal prototypes for ideas and may be used to interpret observations. A group of memories and interpretations associated with an archetype is a complex, e.g. a mother complex associated with the mother archetype. "

- Yahoo! Answers. "Is there such a disorder called hero complex?"

"The message I have gathered from our ancestors and most beloved teachers/way show_ers is that we should save ourselves -- stand up and be responsible for who we are and our world OR you will be stuck in a world of somebody else's making until you do."

Sound advice---to be proactive. Not however, to be anarchistic. The U.S. Bill of Rights guarantees the population's rights by limiting the power of authority. It doesn't define what you can't do; it defines what you can.

"The visitors/archons live in a world of imagination and ideas_4th Dimension (not the most complete explanation but it will have to do)."

If you knew even an inkling of what you talk about you would know that we operate in 4-dimensional reality.

"Detachment is a primary characteristic of serial killers and mass murderers."

Wow.

"It is probably a good way to describe the visitors: pure mind -- detached, seemingly objective. They know things, they exist outside of time -- but they are not superior. I do not think detachment is a state of being that one should cultivate. It serves a purpose but, imo, shld be imbibed infrequently and in small doses."

I think you would make a good disciple of Icke.

blue

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 5:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign, what I mean is that whatever abilities the visitors may appear to have -- they are not necessarily either superior OR evil. I, in fact, do not see them as superior or evil -- but rather as incomplete. I thought we actually had some common ground re the visitors, but I guess I was mistaken.

I believe that the archons are 4th dimensional beings -- but that humans are capable -- in a way that the visitors are not -- of being multidimensional beings. Most of humanity is struggling w/4th dimensional issues in what is, for many, a 4th dimensional world. So I guess I wld agree that many/most of humanity is operating in a 4th dimensional reality.

While I respect your right to your own opinion and to disagree with someone else's, comments like

If you knew even an inkling of what you talk about . . . How rude. Icke? You've got to be kidding. Being a disciple of anyone sounds totally out of character for me.

re: detachment. imo, Everything that is alive has a soul and feels. Earth feels. For the archons, detachment is their normal state of being. Eventually, from what I can gather, they evolve and join with another kind of energy to form soul. They learn a lot from their experience w/us before becoming souls just as we learn a lot from our experience with them that helps us in our evolution.
Hopi Elders 2001.

xretsim

Post Number: 1582
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 8:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign: i can't think of anyone here who would think you're clinically insane just for having experiences. this place is different from all others, with quite a few experiencers, of which i am one. i offered the link because i think this type of research is of particular interest to us. intellectual honesty matters when you're dealing with facts about the world that threaten your worldview. you don't dodge or deny facts that threaten that worldview. i don't know what's going on, and neither do you or anyone here.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17717
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 8:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Detachment is being cool and uninvolved on the emotional level. It is definitely not indifference. Indifferent people do not care, do not mind, and are not active and initiative. On the other hand, a detached person can be very active and caring, though he accepts calmly whatever happens.

~~~

“A display of indifference to all the actions and passions of mankind was not supposed to be such a distinguished quality at that time, I think, as I have observed it to be considered since. I have known it very fashionable indeed. I have seen it displayed with such success, that I have encountered some fine ladies and gentlemen who might as well have been born caterpillars.”
― Charles Dickens, David Copperfield
~Nature Boy

benign

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama Shine :
"Detachment is being cool and uninvolved on the emotional level. It is definitely not indifference... a detached person can be very active and caring, though he accepts calmly whatever happens."
You're an angel, Mama Shine. Thanks for that.

- - - - -

Hi xretsim,
"i can't think of anyone here who would think you're clinically insane just for having experiences."
Good to hear.

"this place is different from all others, with quite a few experiencers, of which i am one. i offered the link because i think this type of research is of particular interest to us."
I didn't read the article to be honest. I saw schizotypy and... I'd rather look for more positive interpretations of these 'experiences.'

"intellectual honesty matters when you're dealing with facts about the world that threaten your worldview."
Yes. Threaten the world. view.

- - - - -

blue :
"I, in fact, do not see them as superior or evil."
You said:
"If someone talks you into buying a a bad used car -- does that make them superior to you (or evil)?"
And:
"they are not superior."
That leaves option ii: Evil.

You can see how I came to the conclusion I did.

"I thought we actually had some common ground re the visitors, but I guess I was mistaken."
You are duly corrected: We have nothing in common.

"I believe that the archons are 4th dimensional beings -- but that humans are capable -- in a way that the visitors are not -- of being multidimensional beings. Most of humanity is struggling w/4th dimensional issues in what is, for many, a 4th dimensional world. So I guess I wld agree that many/most of humanity is operating in a 4th dimensional reality."
I am not even going to try and make sense of that. We are operating in a perceived 4-dimensional reality. There are obviously more dimensions, it would make sense that reality operates within reality... our biological make-up doesn't quite allow our awareness, at the present time, easy access to these higher dimensional modalities.

"While I respect your right to your own opinion and to disagree with someone else's, comments like
If you knew even an inkling of what you talk about . . . "How rude. Icke? You've got to be kidding.
The only other group I know that moan about 'archons' are Scientologists. I have... heard things about them.

"re: detachment. imo, Everything that is alive has a soul and feels. Earth feels. For the archons, detachment is their normal state of being."
You seem to think you know a lot about archons. Dimensions. Psychology... Your inferred deductions would say otherwise.

"Eventually, from what I can gather, they evolve and join with another kind of energy to form soul. They learn a lot from their experience w/us before becoming souls just as we learn a lot from our experience with them that helps us in our evolution."

That is all well and good. That is your opinion. Maybe even the opinion of Scientologists, I don't know. It does not make it true. You have made quite a few incorrect statements already. At the bottom of your posts there is a text:
"Love is the way."
If you can tell me the importance of this, if you are even aware of the connection to God... perhaps I could believe you more... However you said:
"Detachment is a primary characteristic of serial killers and mass murderers."
I think that says it all. How... ignorant.

Ldyhawk369
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 1364
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Detachment can be viewed perhaps as being aware of everything without judgement of anything.

Sharon2

Post Number: 5095
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Can being detached also be a protective mechanism?
If you detach yourself, emotionally, you can't be hurt.

blue

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I see what you are saying, mama_shine. Perhaps that is the way benign thinks of his own detachment as well. My responses are geared more towards an understanding of detachment as literally "not attached". -- in benign's case -- he mentioned his feelings.

I do not deny there are times when partial or complete detachment from intense emotions coursing thru one's veins is necessary to survive or do one's job effectively -- combat soldiers, policeman, firemen, surgeons, bus drivers, teachers -- all kinds of people deal w/that kind of detachment daily. But if they are emotionally and mentally healthy - they do not detach from their feelings towards people and events as a lifestyle strategy.

Anyway, benign sounds like he's ok with where he is. I think I may have totally misunderstood where he was coming from. At any rate, he seems more than capable of finding the answers he's looking for.

(Message edited by jennyblue on September 21, 2013)
Hopi Elders 2001.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6918
Posted on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 12:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, indeed, there are many types and degrees of emotional detachment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_detachment

benign

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sharon2 :
"Can being detached also be a protective mechanism?"
I think it very well could be a protective mechanism. It makes sense.

- - - - -

Second Wind :
"Yes, indeed, there are many types and degrees of emotional detachment."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_detachment
Thanks for that, Second Wind. Interesting.

There's a fancy little 'syndrome' for every mindset apparently.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6927
Posted on Monday, September 23, 2013 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One does not **necessarily** have to buy into any "syndrome" concept, in order to recognize that DESCRIPTIONS of human psychology (or medical conditions, or spiritual experiences) are valid.

For the most part, I believe that the PSYCHIATRIC community, and even to some degree, the psychology community, are corrupt. Same with the medical community. Same with religion, and/or the "New Age" and/or the "Paranormal" community.

One sure thing about human psychology is that, if someone with a certain degree or level of education and training, and even a certain level of EXPERIENCE, is given POWER over another/others (doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, preachers, gurus, whatever), then inevitably, you get a situation where the balance of power is disrupted, and the authority figures then are corrupted, to one degree or another, and the person seeking advice or help is at a disadvantage.

All that is to say that I don't believe in the idea of someone "diagnosing" another person, most particularly in cases where THERE SIMPLY IS NO DEFINITIVE DIAGNOSIS.

Most of medicine, psychology, psychiatry, religion, and spirituality is subjective and in NO WAY definitive.

That doesn't make certain IDEAS AND CONCEPTS in any of those areas worthless. But when it's all speculation, then really, we are (and should be) on our own, and must make our own "diagnosis".

The only problem with that, is that IF there is any degree of suffering, which causes us to reach out for help and advice, we are pretty much at the mercy of those corrupted systems.

We often end up coping as best we can WITHOUT the help of those who SHOULD help us, because we have learned that the system is rigged against us.

-----------

For what it's worth, I think that detachment in any form most definitely IS a form of self-preservation, a protective mechanism, and in fact, in most cases, is a NORMAL human reaction to , let's just say "intense" circumstances.

------------------

Blue, re: your post #1427 above:

I think you are amazing, and I think you have CLASS, as well as compassion.

And I think you are the consummate diplomat!

benign

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, September 23, 2013 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Second Wind,

Wise words indeed. :-)

benign

Post Number: 39
Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Look what I found in my coffee. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Insect_2013_10_05_found_in_coffee_small_2.jpg

benign

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

How do we know we aren't dead and living in a world like this movie: What Dreams May Come?

I have looked at 57 minutes of the movie and am getting weirded out. Well :P If we create reality, might as well make it one helluva dream, eh? I'm disappointed. If this is all a dream world, or the after-life, I think I can deal with it. You can tell me. Really. I won't freak out.

Just in-case it is even partly real, however. I will have to ask God to gift the 'good guys' something to show my appreciation for their efforts. He can still punish the bad guys. If it's all a dream, it doesn't really matter, does it?

What Dreams May Come, best scenes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFtEujwPgiE

What Dreams May Come (1998) @ IMDB

Second Wind

Post Number: 6974
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2013 - 3:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One of my favorite movies! But yes, creepy and unsettling, but also beautiful! I've seen it 3 times.

-----------------

Now as we drift a little further down the stream
Was it all what it seemed?
Was it true?
Was it real,
Or just a dream?

When you wake up
You will find
That you're not where you left yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpY2_QYFHPY

(complete lyrics in description)

benign

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2013 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Second Wind: "creepy and unsettling, but also beautiful"

Well I may not look at the rest. If this is the after-life, it seems pretty mundane. Thought creates reality and all that, but... a lot of things seem to remain the same.

Here's a cool idea :-) Let's make the Moon a giant, sentient space-craft that helped establish us here on this God forsaken rock, protected us from the other nasty, capitalist, type-1 civs. And let's give him a bad-as$ temper.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6977
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 4:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign

Post Number: 81
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 9:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The Book of Unwritten Tales (Launch Trailer)

Older man:   Now tell me; what's your great idea?
Man:   Okay. Imagine a fantasy world with magic spells, wise old wizards, hidden treasures and mysterious books.
Older man:   Yeah... deadly magic weapons, heavy armor and trolls. Huge and dangerous battle trolls.
Woman:   Or lost temples, pirates, ancient artifacts.  (Cannon ball rolls towards battle troll.)
Older man:   And then there's a little gnome, the evil troll sees it, strikes out and---BAM!
Man:   Stop!  (Characters look up. 'hmmn?')  Definitely not!
Older man:   No? But a troll has much better close combat skills than a gnome.
Man:   Doesn't matter; it's not a role-playing game, it's an adventure.
Woman:   Yeah, where you climb into caves, jump across abysses and find treasure.
Man:   No, come on, you know it. Point and click. Story, puzzles, humour.
Older man:   But, er... The troll.
Man:   It's not about muscles, it's about brains. Players use their heads. They have to unravel mysteries and solve riddles. It's an enthralling adventure.
Woman:   Jumping from cliffs, moving huge boxes around, doing acrobatic tricks.
Older man:   In a fight between a troll and a gnome.
Man:   There are no fights.  (troll slams fist down.)  You can't even die. You have to use your brains, that's all. (Gnome knocks troll out using cannon ball)
Woman:   Are there lost temples with strange ancient machines?
Man:   Maybe.
Older man:   Skill trees, armor sets and fight combos?
Man:   There is no fight system but you can play as a warrior.
Woman:   Are there Elves?
Man:   Sure.
Woman:   Unicorns?
Older man:   No Unicorns. No Murlocs. But there are Dragons right?
Man:   There are Dragons.
Older man:   Zombies?
Man:   Yes, but they're friendly.
Older man:   (snorts)
The Book of Unwritten Tales @ (Gog.com)

benign

Post Number: 83
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 9:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Chris:   What's true in our minds is true, whether some people know it, or not.

- What Dreams May Come (1998) @ 1:29:38

After watching the rest of What Dreams May Come, I found the spider Annie was afraid of among other things, disturbingly familiar. I said already: It's cool okay? I think I can deal with being dead. It's not cool to screw with people's heads! "Pain is in the mind." So pain is no determinism of reality... Or are people just so f**king simple that we create and re-create the same patterns over and over without realizing it? That'd suck. How would you break out of a 'causal loop.'

[EDIT: addendum]

Here's my rationale for thinking this is the 'after-life.'

Seeing my thoughts played out on the radio, on television, in books---after I have the thoughts. Of which, have arisen out of unrelated circumstances and are logically derived. That would posit a connection I can't even fathom, however, if this is the after-life and all you pr*cks are just having a laugh, well... good joke.

If I am still alive, then... that would require an extraordinary intelligence. Something so inter-connected I can't even begin to imagine it. The only thing that comes close in descriptive terms would be: God. And God would definitely be there, in the after-life. The after-life would explain the angels. Their willingness to communicate and act, when asked.

Is this even getting through?

If I am dead, how long? Weeks? Years? o.O

(Message edited by Benign on October 20, 2013)

Second Wind

Post Number: 6979
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 1:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm having visions of "Many Mansions".

Of course, I could be delusional.

benign

Post Number: 86
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 1:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Second Wind: "I'm having visions of 'Many Mansions'."

Yes. Many mansions... but is this the after-life? I don't feel so detached today, everything feels a bit more real.

Is this the after-life, Second Wind? You can tell me.

My intuition says this is real, but my mind doesn't agree... Doesn't want to agree.

(Message edited by Benign on October 22, 2013)

Second Wind

Post Number: 6980
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 8:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me

No one, I think, is in my tree
I mean, it must be high or low
That is, you can't, you know, "tune in", but it's all right
That is, I think it's not too bad

Always, no sometimes, think it's me
But, you know, I know when it's a dream
I think a "No", I mean a "Yes" but it's all wrong
That is, I think I disagree

Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields forever

benign

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting :-) I find it reassuring that someone else has had similar experiences.

Second Wind

Post Number: 6983
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 2:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fascinating how, when that song came out, I was too young to really understand......although I was sensitive enough to know that it was profound!

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2013 - 3:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Second Wind:   "I was sensitive enough to know that it was profound!"

Very profound.

This isn't the after-life. This is The Matrix and it runs on Windows XP! Ctrl+Alt+Del!
Cypher:   The progress bar is moving but the remaining time is going up!
Trinity:   My God. He's multiplying!
- The Matrix Runs on Windows XP

Ted:   Oh, hey. Try this. I told my weed guy to step it up and he gave me that.
John:   What is it?
Ted:   It's called 'mind rape.' It's actually pretty mellow.
John:   It doesn't sound very mellow.
Ted:   Well he only had three other batches. Uh... 'Gorilla panic,' 'They're coming, they're coming' and something called 'this is permanent.' Go on, spark it up!
- Ted (2012) - "Mind Rape"

Buddie

Post Number: 6310
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2013 - 2:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I used to feel detachment
before I came here..since
then I do have moments when
I'm not sure 'did I dream this'
? or did this happen..mostly
about everyday life..which can
be

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 153
Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie:   I used to feel detachment before I came here..
I recently heard an interview from November 14th, 1999 with the late John Mack (Subscriber's section.) Sometimes I wish there was someone I could talk to about these 'experiences' however, I don't fancy wasting money on some shrink.

Shrink:   Out of control. No choice. These are things you tell yourself to justify your behaviors.
- GTA V, The Shrink @ 2:36

Buddie:   since then I do have moments when I'm not sure 'did I dream this' ? or did this happen..mostly about everyday life..which can be

Ever since I heard that ... Billy Meier and saw a picture of a UFO on the tv these experiences have been getting steadily stronger. More pervasive. If I didn't constantly see my thoughts reflected in the world around me I would assume I've completely lost it, but... couple that with detachment and you can see why I came to the conclusion that 'this' is either the after-life or a delusion.

Could it be these visitors are interested in human spirituality? Or is it an act of kindness that they don't totally destroy my beliefs.
(snip)

John Mack said once that some 'experiencers' tended to believe they were more in control and Dr Mack posited that perhaps it was a way of handling being not in control. In other words; a delusion.

How does an individual deal with a hyper-intelligent, hyper-dimensional being that exhibits the power of God and has angels at his beck and call?

These are all questions which play on my mind. I need to get a self-empowerment cd or something because I just go over a mantra in my mind calling myself a freak. It would probably be more productive to change that to something a little less demeaning.

[EDIT: deleted stupid post, note]

I do find it comical how easy it is to yank the chain of ignorant's prejudice.

(Message edited by Benign on November 10, 2013)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17922
Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 9:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This thought came to me...

You can lead a human to knowledge
but you can't make him think...

Then I heard the lyrics from the song
Don't Try So Hard

"It's only fools
they make these rules
don't try so hard"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKAIoEOGhXs

Love and blessings...
~Nature Boy

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 154
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 7:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Mama Shine:   You can lead a human to knowledge
but you can't make him think...

Then I heard the lyrics from the song
Don't Try So Hard

Very interesting. Thanks. :-)

So then, you will know them by their fruits.

"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’
- Bible, Matthew 7:20-23

I guess the sychophants, the forsaken aint gonna have a piece of the party pie.

[EDIT: added excerpt]

(Message edited by Benign on November 10, 2013)

Buddie

Post Number: 6316
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well I was pretty much
worked to DEATH until
I was excepted in here
TXS

...now a days I probably
read too much stuff..
.. well I do have other
interests like reading
True Crime

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 155
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, I'm sorry. I barely feel sane enough to form a proper response and probably come across as a rude pr*ck. IMO there is some serious stuff going on between the 'visitors' and the power brokers here on Earth and... as far as I'm concerned; we don't mete the required parameters for continued existence. Just my opinion. :-(

Thank you very much for your input.

What did the PTB do, I wonder? When dealing with an intelligence over a billion years ahead of us... I hope the PTB would practice caution and not f**k around.

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 156
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 4:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Katy Perry - E.T. (ft. Kanye West)
Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection
(Youtube)
[Kanye West]
I'm a legend, I'm irreverent
I be reverend
I'll be so faaaaa-ar up
We don't give a fuuuh-uh-uck

You are not invited to the other side of sanity
They're callin' me an alien a big headed astronaut
[Katy Perry]
You're so hypnotizing
Could you be the devil?
Could you be an angel?

They say be afraid
You're not like the others
Futuristic lover, different DNA
They don't understand you

You're from a whole other world
A different dimension
You open my eyes and I'm ready to go
Lead me into the light

Kiss me, kiss me
Infect me with your love and
Fill me with your poison
[Kanye West]
I know a bar out in Mars
Where they drivin' spaceships instead of cars

Tell me what's next? Alien sex.
Imma disrobe you, then Imma probe you
See I've abducted you, so I'll tell you what to do
(lyrics)

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 167
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 9:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

How would it be for women to suddenly become aware of the men who actually love them. It would be empowering for them to not be driven by an underlying programming which works against their betterment.
Done. I asked God to do this. I am curious what the results will be. Only the good women will know. They can also ask God for them to be more aware of their lover, if they wish. A 6th-sense.

Sharon2

Post Number: 5225
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I would pray that men learn how to love! Amen

Buddie

Post Number: 6318
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 2:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Rabia of Basra writes..

since no one knows anything
about God those who think
they do are just Trublemakers

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 169
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Sharon2:   I would pray that men learn how to love!

We've been waiting a long time for that to no avail, hence--the interdiction. Otherwise the sychophants, the psychopaths would end up in all positions of power and authority.

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 170
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie:

since no [one] knows anything ([1]:1,2,[3],4,5)
about [God] those who think ([2]:1,[2],3,4,5)
they do are just [Trublemakers] ([3]:1,2,3,4,[5])

(01:001,010,011,100,101)

those who think they know anything (2:3,4,5|3:1|1:4((4)1),5)
are just [Trublemakers] ([3]:3,4,[5])
since [Gods] do about no [one] (1:1,[2]:[2](1:4(5)),[3]:2,2:1,1:2,[3])

(10:011,100,101|011:01|01:100((100)01),101)
([11]:011,100,[101])
(01:001,[010]:[010](01:100(101)),[011]:010,010:01,01:010,[011])

You ain't never caught a rabbit
And you ain't no friend of mine
- Elvis Presley, Hound Dog

Buddie

Post Number: 6324
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 6:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A
Philosophical
Workout ?

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17936
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 8:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

To stand outside your virtue
no one can ever hurt you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQQUH0DomI
~Nature Boy

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When you've done things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
- Futurama's Binary God On Doing Things (link)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17943
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign,

I'm beginning to wonder if detachment isn't
a form of meditation. I zone out sometimes
and maybe it's not all bad. Maybe it has
saved me. Just pondering on what someone else
pondered...and so it goes.

~~~

..."When you realize that you have come to your wit’s end, you can begin meditation. Or meditation happens, and that happening is simply the watching of what is, of all the information conveyed to you by your exterior and interior senses, and even the thoughts that keep chattering on about it all. You don’t try to stop those thoughts, you just let them run as if they were birds twittering outside, and they will eventually become tired and stop. But don’t worry about whether they do or don’t. Just simply watch whatever it is that you are feeling, thinking, or experiencing – that’s it. Just watch it, and don’t go out of your way to put any names on it. This is really what meditation is." ~Alan Watts...
~Nature Boy

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 188
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 3:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Mama Shine:   "I zone out sometimes and maybe it's not all bad."

Yes. It is not so bad.

quote:

Mama Shine:   "the thoughts that keep chattering on about it all."

I've always wondered what it must be like to have thoughts clamouring in one's head. People always talk about needing to 'quiet' their thoughts. My mind is more like this, a continuous blank tone.

quote:

Mama Shine:   "[the thoughts] will eventually become tired and stop."

They never started. Sometimes, rarely, there are thoughts that just won't shut-up but I don't really see them as my thoughts... More like interference.

quote:

Mama Shine:   "Just simply watch whatever it is that you are feeling, thinking, or experiencing"

That's why I was writing up my dreams. Just documenting them.

[EDIT: added dream]

I just watched Sleepy Hollow, episode 4, and I found it reflected a dream I had October 25th, 2013.

In the dream there was a creepy pastor who offended God openly (defacing the Star of David) and who tried to summon a demon with his two-faced followers. I was stoked into a rage and asked God to send them to the pit where the demon came from.

In episode 4 of Sleepy Hollow which I just saw today there were creepy, two-faced cult people who were looking to summon a demon. They were searching for a 'lesser key of Solomon' to do this. In the end they get sent to hell. Exactly as they deserve.

Interesting commonalities with this caller's experience. I heard this after I posted my dream excerpt:

George:   Rob go ahead.
Rob:   Hi George how you doing?
George:   Okay thanks.

Rob:   Alright well, I just have a story for you, I was trying to get on on Ghost to Ghost. I wasn't able to. I was going to wish J.C. a Happy Halloween, so.

George:   (laughs)
Rob:   If you're out there J.C., Happy Halloween.
George:   He's out there, somewhere. Growing like a bacteria.
Rob:   (laughs)   Well, he's going to be pretty mad at you for that one.
George:   He might be, that's right.

Rob:   So this me back to when I was an LDS missionary. A Mormon missionary. And I had an experience with... A kind of Ghostly experience that I wanted to share.

George:   Sure what happened?

Rob:   We were out in a rural area of Idaho and we were doing a service for somebody that needed some help. And he, after doing the service we were just started talking with him and he said he was a Ghost hunter and he showed us all these pictures of just these, just these creepy figures that he got on camera.

And so, my companion and I--that's what we're always introduced, ye know missionaries we call each other companions. So we're in the car, we're driving back to our house it's that night and we just had this sick feeling after seeing those pictures, ye know, something just wasn't right.

And so we got to our house and immediately when we opened the door we felt something was just not right. Just the hairs stood up on the back of our necks. And we turn on the switch, the light switch, and the bulb in the kitchen kind of faded in and out and then it just cast a blue light all over the house, so we're like 'alright' this is, we don't know what's going on but we know something is not right.

So, we go in the house we're totally freaked out. I'm still kind of skeptical, I'm like 'well ye know maybe it just short-circuit whatever it is.' Umm.. but we go into our room and we hear this, well I hear this growling sound coming from all around me. So I look over to my companion, he's looking at me and I say, 'hey, do you hear this?' And he just kind of nodded.

So we were looking down the hall where we thought the noise was coming from and it got louder and louder, kind of a growling sound? And then the house and the floor started to shake. There were like heavy footsteps all around us so we just took off, we ran out of the house and got in our car and just took off.

George:   That place is possessed!

Rob:   Yeah! I have no idea what it was but I have a strong feeling what was in that house is the same thing that we were shown in those pictures. I have no doubt. Something evil.

George:   Now a skeptic Robbie would say, 'A little earthquake hit and you were hearing the rumbling of the planet or something.'

Rob:   Well no, it was--I can't deny it--it was something living whatever it was.

George:   Well I'm glad you high-tailed it out of there.
- Coast to Coast AM, 15th November, 2013, 2nd Half, Open Lines

Rob (Mormon caller from Utah) described his 'experiences.'

Sometimes I wonder if nasty people are just having a joke at my expense. :-\

(Message edited by Benign on November 16, 2013)

bean

Post Number: 2607
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 9:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh absolutely.....THAT is why they are called NASTY!

Speaking to detachment....I understand that there are different ways to be.".detached." The bottom line ...I think..may be...If it leaves your heart out, It's not the way to go.
There's alot in that statement that isn't addressed with this post...but, in a nut shell, at least at this moment, I think it is so.

QuantumJohnny
Username: quantumjohnny

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Detachment, what is a good description of this? At least from my personal experiences, the following passage describes the particular feeling quite well.

This is a passage from chapter 1 in The Fourth Way by P.D. Ouspensky.

Q. When you say 'remember yourself', do you mean by that to remember after you have observed yourself, or do you mean to remember the things we know are in us?

"A. No, take it quite apart from observation. To remember oneself means the same thing as to be aware of oneself—'I am'. Sometimes it comes by itself; it is a very strange feeling. It is not a function, not thinking, not feeling; it is a different state of consciousness. By itself it only comes for very short moments, generally in quite new surroundings, and one says to oneself: 'How strange. I am here'. This is self-remembering; at this moment you remember yourself.
Later when you begin to distinguish these moments, you reach another interesting
conclusion: you realize that what you remember from childhood are only glimpses of self-remembering, because all that you know of ordinary moments is that things have happened. You know you were there, but you do not remember anything exactly; but if this flash happens, then you remember all that surrounded this moment."

Benign, I wonder though, how long are your periods of detachment? My experiences last no longer than seconds to maybe a minute or two at most. I have not been able to control them. They just suddenly come on. However they have been happening most of my life. I can still recall the moments like it just happened, even though the first one occurred more than 25 years ago. I have had 5 memorable ones that lasted about half a minute to a couple minutes. There have also been a few other ones that are more like flashes, including one last night right before going to bed.

I wonder if anyone else has had those strange experiences? The view oneself has during this strange experience is not very easily expressed in words. When I first had them, I saw the world around me in amazement and thought, while I was having the experience, that to be existing here in this world around me, there had to have been some creator of the surrounding world that I was viewing and a part of. How could the existence of the world be explained unless there was something keeping it here, in existence.

-QJ

Buddie

Post Number: 6332
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 1:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

bean
I have a level of
understanding in your
belief and thank you
for posting xxoo

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 191
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 2:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

bean:   "Oh absolutely.....THAT is why they are called NASTY!"

Yes. Whoever "they" are who are nasty are very bad. I don't know many Mormons but they seem like nice people. I think the dream was more a reflection of the Sleepy Hollow episode. Many of the dreams seem to be reflections of movies and stuff. Maybe my mind is just tuning in to TV FM broadcasts... or psychic relay stations (people.)

quote:

QuantumJohnny:   "Benign, I wonder though, how long are your periods of detachment?"

I think the question is not how long are my periods of detachment but; how long are my periods of not being detached. I have brief periods where I feel more normal.

quote:

QuantumJohnny:   "My experiences last no longer than seconds to maybe a minute or two at most. I have not been able to control them. They just suddenly come on."

There are so many interesting facets to all these human experiences.

quote:

QuantumJohnny:   "I can still recall the moments like it just happened, even though the first one occurred more than 25 years ago."

You have a very good memory. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

It was playing on my mind earlier--thoughts about memory, reality and reflections of. What were they... Oh yes, the function of Jehovah and how He interfaces with human consciousness. I wonder...

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 192
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 2:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No... I think I am dead and this is some fabrication kind-hearted souls have created. When I am ready I'm sure they will guide me to the place I need to go. Until then: Fun and games and dreams.

Buddie

Post Number: 6343
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 2:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You will be guided..

bean

Post Number: 2614
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 7:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Benign.....I'm thinking this isn't a dream as I understand you to think. (... I could be wrong...but...)

In other words...This "DREAM counts in a paticular way...

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17960
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 7:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign,

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

~~~

Interpretation...

Propel, Propel, Propel your craft
Placidly down the liquid solution
Ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically,
Existence is but an illusion.

~~~SPLOOSH~~~
~Nature Boy

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 194
Posted on Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 2:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

bean:   "Benign.....I'm thinking this isn't a dream as I understand you to think. (... I could be wrong...but...)

In other words...This "DREAM" counts in a particular way..."

I had a thought when I read this:

What does it matter how many people "die" if they have "souls." Their "souls" will be reborn will they not? The data will be renewed. Their function will continue within new terminal nodes.

Actually, what I said up there is f***in' retarded.

quote:

Mama Shine:
Row, row, row your boat,
   Gently down the stream.
   Life is but a dream.

I like this. :-)

(Message edited by Benign on November 24, 2013)

benign
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 195
Posted on Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 2:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

QuantumJohnny:   "Q. When you say 'remember yourself', do you mean by that to remember after you have observed yourself, or do you mean to remember the things we know are in us?

"A. No, take it quite apart from observation. To remember oneself means the same thing as to be aware of oneself—'I am'. Sometimes it comes by itself; it is a very strange feeling. It is not a function, not thinking, not feeling; it is a different state of consciousness. By itself it only comes for very short moments, generally in quite new surroundings, and one says to oneself: 'How strange. I am here'. This is self-remembering; at this moment you remember yourself.

Later when you begin to distinguish these moments, you reach another interesting
conclusion: you realize that what you remember from childhood are only glimpses of self-remembering, because all that you know of ordinary moments is that things have happened. You know you were there, but you do not remember anything exactly; but if this flash happens, then you remember all that surrounded this moment."

How could the existence of the world be explained unless there was something keeping it here, in existence."

- post 42

Dream from the night of 22nd November, 2013

'oculus nide'

I become aware of something trying to 'hack' into my mind, specifically to alter my awareness of 'me,' 'them' and the 'others.'

By modifying my perceptions of certain groups it affects my ability to make judgments. It is trying to skew my mind's judgments in its favor, to whatever parameters it wants.

If feels quite disorienting.

Then,

Am walking with a woman but I am as I was when I was very young. My mind thinks in very simple terms.

"But is it alright to get their attention this way?"

"Of course! It is okay to make a big boom. For the boss-man to make a big boom."

There are a lot of disjointed settings and concepts. Ideas of death and authority. A struggle to stay in-charge even though the world is dictated and run by foreign entities and powers.

The woman is an intruder. She is killed or perhaps something about her being attacked by 'authority.'

The reaction to 'authority' attacking the woman is that the aggressors will all die---they condemn their data node versions to complete and total annihilation.

I have just heard some of the latest radio broadcast of Dreamland and can't say I'm very impressed.

"I thought it was a spider or something. When I caught it between my fingers and I could see legs, I could see something of it and I opened my fingers. I rolled my fingers to crush it thinking it was a bug. I opened my fingers and the whole matter of it just disappeared."
- Whitley Streiber, Dreamland, 21st November, 2013 @ 29:55

I wondered about the dream title, 'oculus nide'

Oculus is latin for "eye," nide from latin nidus for "nest"

Nide:
nide of eggs, 1896; of geese; of pheasants, 1679

In the dream of 12th November, 2013, "In the eye of the beholder."

There was some interaction with primitive hominids. In that dream my brother tried to get the attention of a female hominid with a stick with colorful feathers on the end.

Nidus:
A nest, especially one for the eggs of insects, spiders, or small animals.

Holding a bird.
- The Host (2013) [Behind The Scenes I] @ 9:59
"I know it's hard but we gotta do what's best for everyone. Why should this one be any different?"
- The Host (2013) [Behind The Scenes I] @ 11:21

(snip)

It must be so intimidating for a people who thought themselves superior in everything to come to the tenuous realization that they are not quite as... perfect as they once thought.

God. I must come across as a f***ing idiot. It's not enough that everyone hates me but I have to p*ss off everyone anyway... :-/ I have no interest in continuing this exchange. I wish you all the best in all things---except the fundie creeps. Bye.

(Message edited by Benign on November 24, 2013)

Buddie

Post Number: 6350
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 1:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG I am just now reading
about what you all call
Fundies.. want to me to
post some ?

bean

Post Number: 2619
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...."what you all call the fundies"...

Who's "you all??"

More to the point...Are YOU itchen to post something about the "fundies?"..and why?

bean

Post Number: 2620
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Benign, I hope you haven't left UC...I don't hate you at all!

I do have some advice tho, that you can take with a grain of salt if you don't see any sense in it.

Let go of the beliefs of others that do not make sense to you. Find out what YOU believe, why you believe what you do...and make every effort to walk that talk.

Buddie

Post Number: 6352
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe I'll just read it and Shut Up :-)

bean

Post Number: 2621
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 7:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

To bad I can't manage to put happy faces on my posts! I swear, our computer is older than a sack of rocks!

I love you, Buddy. I do.

In my book where I put all my poems and sayings...one of them says...

..."Stereotypes ...(I have yet to look up just how to spell it..)... are for those who refuse to think for themselves." I think that is so....and convenient in a nut shell society....but lacking in overall consideration for those for whome it does NOT apply!

Mama Shine

Post Number: 17973
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

benign wrote:

"quote:

Mama Shine:

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Life is but a dream.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like this. :-) "

What happens with me is that the 'stream'
sometimes branches off unbeknownst to the rower.
The rower sometimes finds itself up sh*t's
creek without a paddle. The challenge is to
get the paddle back to the rower. Keep rowing,
my friend.

(Message edited by mama_shine on November 24, 2013)
~Nature Boy

Buddie

Post Number: 6361
Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 9:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Finally found my way back
here..I post and sometimes
can't find my way back to the
Thread..Love you too bean

I worry a bit because my mother
was invaded..
(what ever you want to call it)
and she died from progressive
Alzheimer's disease..hoping
that don't happen to me?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: