Archive through March 25, 2010 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through March 25, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 3545
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 7:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bruce,
You can do both, in my experience. Sometimes my attention can be out of my body, and I can get accurate information through the "imagination." Other times I leave will all my senses intact. I usually don't go through the phases of separation that Monroe describes in his early books. Some say that my mind skips that part because it scares me. I experience the vibrations and then I click out. It does take practice. I did go to the Monroe Institute last summer, and I found that regardless of what they said, most of us had OBE's there. Maybe it was the week of intense concentration or the general vibrations of the place. Good luck.

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 7:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,

It is interesting that all in your Monroe group had OBEs. One of my friends went and none of her group had one.

You were, evidently, in a group that responded well the to where they were and what they were doing.

...good instincts for picking that session.

Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3546
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yep, it was a bit strange. I was assigned to use one of the oldest of the "chec" units. The vibrations in the room were so strong that I felt like I was on a moving ship. That was the beginning of a huge energy shift for me that has only gotten more extreme in the last months. I had the first OBE experience the first night, and it all got better from there. I could probable do about 20 pages on the whole thing, but I'll shut up now.

animalspirits

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,

Please share...that is how we learn. You never know if something you share helps another soul on their path.

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3550
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, animalspirits, the end result is that I have feelings of physical energy moving though my chakras during normal waking consciousness. I used to feel some of this during meditations, but now it is constant. I also find that I am experiencing strong direct empathy when I think of people. That empathy creates very different feelings in the chakras. I think that some of these feelings would be very normal and run of the mill for you, based on what I know about you. I am just starting to do some energy work with a psychic so I can control some of these things. So it's exciting, a little frightening, and the start of a big adventure for me.

animalspirits

Post Number: 1302
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 2:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,

Wow, that is fantastic! No feelings like you are having are ever run of the mill....ever.

It is important that you work with the new gift as you will continue to move deeper into this ability.

Remember that the most important thing is to trust your own instincts as to how best to proceed. Don't let anyone tell you that you have to do it one way, you don't. You just have to do it the way YOU are supposed to....and that takes patience, trust and faith in yourself. That is all you really need.

A real teacher teaches you what they can and then sends you on your way to the next teacher/experience. If they try to control or keep you with them, then they are a false teacher.

A question: When your chakras are at a high energy level, have you noticed that the palms of one of more of your hands become warm or hot?

For me, I take energy in through my left hand (I am left handed...don't know if that has anything to do with anything ) and expel it through my right hand into where ever it is suppose to go.

This is very exciting!

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3553
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My palms have started lighting up, too. Both heat and tingling. I don't notice one more than the other. I have heard that the palms can be connected to an area near the heart chakra, but i don't know.

Today my solar plexus is quite sore, almost like I did too much ab work. I was taught to push out other energies from a circle around me, and I guess I was using this center to do it. Either that or it could have been the teacher's chi. Ya got me on that one. I'm a newbie.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 1769
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

animalspirits, the more I hear you talk the more I like what I hear. Right on.

The energy does have a warm and a cool side, I think. Yin-yang. Red, green. Opposites. Hands really are important centers. I think you can stimulate the energy by working with the hands. But that's all I'm saying about that. SC is perfectly capable as it is.

All lit up.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, just you and I and nature." ---Van Morrison

animalspirits

Post Number: 1304
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

Thanks.

~Yotee Coyote

animalspirits

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,

I believe that all information should be freely shared with nothing held back. That's how I do all my posts. I don't like it when people have to pay to learn. Doesn't seem spiritual to me. That said.....

I don't do this type of work often. People have to find their way to me along their path. When I do it this is what happens to me:

I am NOT saying it should happen this way for you...I am only offering an example. You have your own path to walk....just be patient, very patient.

I hold my left hand open to the Earth, face downward. It becomes hot. I place my right hand on the area that seeks the healing (this is not always where the person tells it is). The heat flies up the arm, through the heart chakra, and out the right hand into the person. This probably not more than one second. It is incredibly quick. As the heat leaves each hand,that hand cools.

A while back, I was gifted with Obsidian blown into my heart chakra (I don't mind sharing how it happened if anyone wants to know).

The energy passes through the Obsidian before leaving. Obsidian neutralizes any positive/negative energy passing through it. It does not affect the healing energy as that is a gift from the Earth.

There is an amazing book called Frank Fools Crow: Wisdom and Power by Thomas Mails. You would enjoy it. He was an incredible shaman.
It was dictated by him before his death to be published only after he died. Amazon probably has it.

He talks about how healers are hollow tubes through which the healing power of the Earth/Universe passes.....that no healer actually heals, they are simply a vessel for a short period of time.

If you can keep that concept in mind as you move along this journey of knowledge, you will be nurtured.

Let me know if you think of any questions....

(Message edited by animalspiritstalstarcom on November 30, 2007)

~Yotee Coyote

animalspirits

Post Number: 1308
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oops...I got the name of the book wrong, but I corrected it.

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3554
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Animalspirits,
The Frank Fools Crow book is an old "friend" of mine. I hear what you are saying about the charging. Most of what he knows is given away pretty freely though his web site, and he responds to questions there. The work we were doing was pretty specific to me, so that was valuable enough to pay the small fee for. I have always been very hesitant to part with money for spiritual things. I don't know if that makes sense or not. BTW, I tried to do the empathy thing with my dog, since she is waiting for surgery. How is that supposed to feel?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3555
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And I would love to hear about the obsidian. I have my own strange obsidian arrowhead story.

animalspirits

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 6:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,

That is a great book, isn't it?

I will post the Obsidian story tomorrow.

About your Dog....

I do work with quite a few Dogs and Cats that have health issues. This is what I have found works for them.

They are very receptive to visualizations. I always tell the animal what is going to happen to them. About the doctor, the table, the going to sleep and waking up. I talk and do a movie in my head of what my words are. I don't get graphic or anything. I lie very close to them and try to touch their head with my head as I am doing this.

Most of all I tell them that it will not hurt and if it does they will get help with medicine. I keep doing this over and over and over...and telling them how much I love them and that they will feel better afterwards.

You are being an empath while you are doing this.

It does work. They do see what you send. I have another story about that.

When is the surgery? Is it going to be major?

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3556
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thankyou. She was recovering an hour ago. She had a tear in the dog version of the ACL ligament in her left knee. I'll try to get her a message.

Bruce
Username: bruce

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for your replies. Some of the vagueness of RAM's books confuse me. I'm not sure if I should expect an OOB experience to be like waking consciousness, i.e. vivid. Or if it should be dreamlike and not so fully alert. I did have a dream last night though, I was with some unknown friends and in order to wake up I had to jump of a cliff and back into my body.

Anyway, I'll keep at it.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3562
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The dog is home and growling at us.

Bruce,
You are asking so many of the same questions that I used to have about OBE's. You may want to check out some of the Bruce books that are available, because they go into such detailed theories that we can be dreaming and having OBE's at the same time, and that both get "downloaded" into our brains at the same time so as to appear jumbled. I have found that to be true. The only way I can verify a real OBE is to manage to wake up completely right at its end, and write it all down. If I don't write it down, by the next morning, it will have taken on all the qualities of a normal dream and I can forget them as easily.

For some people, this isn't the case, but it is with me.

Now, several months before I decided to go to the Monroe Institute, I found myself very conscious and out of my body. I decided to check out the MI. I got there, of course, due to time differences, in the middle of the night. I traveled all over that facility, noting the way the lights looked there at night. I ended up in a room where I met a very nice blonde woman with a old fashioned shag haircut. She said some very nice things to me, and I decided to book the trip. As soon as I spent my first hours at the facility, I knew that I had indeed been there in an out of body state. I mentioned it when I had my initial interview with the moderator, who was Robert Monroe's stepdaughter. As the days passed I identified the room where I saw the lovely woman. It was the room where they set up the book store and gift store at the end of the week. The areas that I explored that night, had the same lights, and were the same areas that I saw out of body, except that most of the areas of my exploration were not visible in any of the photos on the MI website. Several months before I arrived at the MI, their director, Laurie Monroe, died of cancer. It was only after I was at the facility, and saw the photo of Laurie, that they had put out to dedicate the labyrinth, looked exactly like the woman whom I had met in my OBE, haircut and all.

What can I say? Was it actually Laurie that I saw, there to make the kind of impression that I needed to get me to book the seminar? Or was it some higher part of myself or a guide that borrowed Laurie's look to make a point? I don't know. I've had some strange experiences in my life, but the trip to the MI, was my version of "Down the Rabbit Hole." It got better from there.

Let me know if I can get you more information, Bruce.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3632
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

bump

Hale

Post Number: 1909
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Frank Fools Crow. Now there is an interesting name.....

I had a conversation with his grandson who is also a shaman, apparently (liked the book I read on Frank years ago....). There was a book written about him, the grandson, which means in Lakota "we Are All Related." Mitaque Oyasin, I think.... It was after speaking to him that a whole series of events began to take place in my life that follow to the present day. At first, I thought he did something to me. Maybe he did. That time period was FULL of unusual coincidences. Talking to him was a culmination of a decision to get off my behind and take care of some unresolved business (his contact information showed up the next day after I made my fateful decision to deal with some of my stuff...). The other thing was coming onto the board to ask a few questions........

His name is Sydney Has No Horses.
The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself. ---Anais Nin

animalspirits

Post Number: 1708
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

Frank Fools Crow is credited with secretly keeping the Sun Dance alive. He never went to white schools as he was hidden out by relatives. He spoke his native language.

If you enjoyed the first book, read the second one that Thomas Mails published after his death. It was dictated to him before Fools Crow's death to be published after he died.

It is one powerful book.

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3643
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 10:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I loved both of the Fool's Crow books.

Hale

Post Number: 1910
Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting, Animalspirits. I did not know there was a second book. I will be looking into that when I have the time. Frank Fools Crow in my estimation was one of the great Chiefs. Of course anytime anyone was willing to reach out and speak about these matters it was a huge help to a person such as myself with a background as I have that involves the native stuff just enough to really confuse me sometimes. The talk with his grandson was very helpful in the sense that he was willing to listen to what had happened to me and was willing to offer some advice, which was not a hand-hold, but more about learning to face the music which is not always easy to do in these matters.

When Spirit brings messages in the guise of another culture it takes some inventiveness
and bravery to meet them head on and not feel as though the white wrapper is going to get in the way (as perhaps it has done over and over through the years since first white contact.....)

We Are All Related
The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself. ---Anais Nin

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 3891
Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 11:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

very nicely stated hale.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
--The Call of Cthulhu

Hale

Post Number: 1976
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Glad you thought so. Never sure if it makes a damned bit of sense or not....

animalspirits

Post Number: 2186
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...anyone had an interesting OBE lately?

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3827
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 12:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AS,
Not recently. I did have that experience where I felt like I was being pulled out of my body, and saw a tunnel and flash of light, and then nothing. Bummer. I haven't been trying so much to get out as to play with the flow of energy through my chakras.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 5982
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 4:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This might be OBE related?
A few nights ago I woke myself
up from a very unpleasant experience..
I thought something was pushing
me down into my mattress.. part
of my shoulder and side were already
submerged.. I finally woke up..
I swear my shoulder was sore the
next day??
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

Euthymios
Intermediate Member
Username: euthymios

Post Number: 189
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 5:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This whole out of body experience thing is reminiscent of gnostic dualism. They put a sharp contrast between body and soul.

The soul cannot function properly without the body. The body is the instrument in which the soul expresses itself in this world.

Man is not a body or a soul. Man is comprised of body AND soul.

The soul is not in the body. The body is in the soul.

OBE's are diabolical delusions in the mind.

The soul needs the body in order to work properly. Even as the body needs the soul.

Archbishop Lazare Puhalo has written extensively on this and the errors of gnosticism.
Acquisition of spiritual knowledge without purification of the heart is the theology of demons -- St. Maximos the Confessor

Euthymios
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 190
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 5:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In the resurrection at the end of the world, soul and body will be reconstituted. Christ came to save the whole man, not just one part of man.
Acquisition of spiritual knowledge without purification of the heart is the theology of demons -- St. Maximos the Confessor

Euthymios
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 191
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 5:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I used to be into astral projection. A friend of mine was a master at it. I started doing it just by living with him. His energy rubbed off on me. But it's all in the mind. The soul does not leave the body untill death.

There are rare occasions when God permits a deceased soul to visit a person, usually with a message, but these are exceptions.

Some of this is documented in "Eternal Mysteries Beyond the Grave," by Ponteleimon. He gives several 19th century Russian accounts.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 10591
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

obe's are diabolic

except if god allows it

which means god occasionally allows diabolic occurances?

there seems to be an awful lot of if our church doesn't approve, then it must be from satan.

no thank you. :-)

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1553
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 9:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

which means god occasionally allows diabolic occurances?

Of course. Ask Job.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4114
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 9:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just got back from the Monroe Institute, where I completed a course on communication with personal guidance. While I was there, I did have some interesting insights on OBE's. I've known for a while that during an OBE, we don't really GO anywhere. We merely change the focus of our attention to a different location, since we are all present everywhere when we are connected to soul. However, I didn't realize just how multi-level our consciousness can be. I found that I was experiencing OBE's at the same time that my consciousness was split and I was dreaming or doing something else. And that I had been seen by others during the OBE's. Lots to ponder.

Cerridwen
Advanced Member
Username: isabella11

Post Number: 294
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 6:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC, i look forward to hearing more about this as you share it. I was very attracted the idea of attending the Monroe Inst. after listening to the Dreamland with Franceen. The short bit you've written already makes sense. look forward hearing more as you feel like sharing.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 254
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 4:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC I look forward also to hearing more..
you mention changing the focus of our
attention.. that feels similar to what
took place during that dream where I
was looking down at what I felt was the
earths energy all the while I was above
it and feeling fantastic..also at certain
times I find myself branching off just
before sleep but usually pull back due
to uncertainty which snaps me back to
full wakefulness which interferes with
a good nights sleep because when I snap
back I'm very much awake .. sheesh

Seaweed Gate
Username: seaweed_gate

Post Number: 3367
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've known for a while that during an OBE, we don't really GO anywhere. We merely change the focus of our attention to a different location, since we are all present everywhere when we are connected to soul.

As much as I've read of OBE's, this point of never really "going" anywhere has finally sunk in for me. Truly sunk in. Now I'm kicking myself for not catching it earlier. Of course!
heh heh. Thanks, SC. I look forward to hearing more.
If it was tough or salty, it was WRONG.

--Southern Cross Post #4086
(Naturally, taken out of context)

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4121
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, guys. I think the point about not really leaving was valid, because after I had mentioned it to Franceen at dinner, she made a point to use those terms in the class. However, many people experience the classic OBE as "leaving" the body. I find that I will get all of the OBE signals, ie, the intense vibrations, the formation of the tunnel at the third eye, etc, but I almost always "click out" or lose consciousness for a moment when I actually "leave" the body.

So much of this last week taught me more about the nature of consciousness, and a lot of it came from sharing information with those wonderful people who were my fellow classmates.

I think that it is our natural state to travel out of body all the time when we sleep, but that we just don't retain the conscious memory of it. One of the ideas behind Monroe's technology was that it allowed the critical left brain to continue to function and observe what the right brain was doing in it's normal adventures. One of the things that a lot of us noticed was that, while out left brains were "working," they weren't always "working" with their normal perceived sharpness. For example, a lot of people say that when they start an OBE, for some reason, they find it difficult to stick to the travel plans they decided on before. I had one experience where, I had the tunnel form, and then the tunnel resolved itself into a drain. I knew I could leave my body, but I didn't know if it was a good idea to go down the drain. I started thinking about where I would end up, and what I would do under the building, etc. Strange, limited left brain functioning, when I certainly know that when out of body, I could have passed through the building and ground, and floated up. It also showed a bit of humor that seems to play in such things.

On another occasion, a classmate said that if any of us got out, we should go to his cubicle and try to pull him out of his body. I had only a brief memory of being out, floating above the roof of the building, and deciding to try to help people out. I dove into the building roof ended up over this guy, who saw me, tried to pull him out, found that his astral arms stretched, and gave up. I almost didn't retain the memory of the experience, because they tend to disappear like dreams. Good thing I had a witness.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 256
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC .. quite the experience Bravo :-)

Stephen in AZ
Username: stephenm

Post Number: 1859
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 11:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Does anybody have any more experiences or comments?

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1900
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stopping by...

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4199
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I nearly got out last night.

animalspirits

Post Number: 4040
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Having fun in my latest OBE....

~Yotee Coyote

traveller
Intermediate Member
Username: traveller

Post Number: 142
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Not had an OBE yet but one suggestion is for those that can and do, to "float" to the Monroe Institute and experience the people trying to get out... sort of like a welcoming party
"Life is like a box of chocolates"

da~an
Username: daan

Post Number: 4959
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"up"

da~an
Username: daan

Post Number: 4960
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

a seer is
sometimes
able to see
"up"

blue
Advanced Member
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 436
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 1:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This experience came to mind after listening to Dreamland this week w/Whitley and Dannion Brinkley. (By the by -- this show has not showed up in the Subscriber section yet -- and I keep wondering why the inconsistency of availability for subscriber access to downloads). It seems that some weeks some posters start posting responses to the show long before I ever have access to the show. Is it just me?

I used to have problems w/stones passing and/or getting stuck (I rarely see doctors or seek medical treatment -- I'm a self-diagnosis/medicator) until I finally figured out all the "triggers" (mostly diet and posture). Anyway, I wld have very strange experiences during these times (very painful). I dont think they wld qualify as near death experiences, but perhaps OBEs (I think).

One of the strangest occurred during a sort of double whammy experience. Often I wld just lay down and try to stretch my body until the stone wld either back up or pass thru the tube. But this time I was on the toilet (sorry for the visual) and as I passed out (something I did a lot during the first 40 years of my life). I hit the tank w/my head (and possibly the wall, too) as I slumped over. I felt myself whoosh thru the 'tunnel' (not a new experience) but then in a semi-conscious state I felt myself whoosh back in/down the tunnel and now here's the amazing part (at least for me). As I whooshed back into consciousness I cld not remember who I was (as in my temporal physical self). Sometimes this happens when I am waking up in the morning but never so clearly/confusingly as this.

Using a metaphor to illustrate: I felt like I was on an elevator and different time/space/lives were like floors. They were all whooshing by at lightning speed. I was panicking because I didnt know which one to "get off" on. I was "afraid" I might get off on the wrong one and end up in the "wrong place/time". I did end up back in my bathroom (with my head bending way down over near the floor on the side) and as I looked around I felt like a "stranger in a strange land". I didnt know what the stuff around me was or where I was or "who" I was (even tho I was very clear about who I AM -- if that makes any sense). After I bit I remember thinking very clearly "oh yeah, earth, 20th century" -- and I was fine. This, for me, was an eye opener into the concept of "all time happens at once".

I agree with Southern Cross about the experience of soul as a sort of connection which allows us to change our focus (rather than our location).

Some early experiences w/location changes in focus is the rather mundane one of "waking up" in a part of the room where my bed used to be (after I change the furniture around). Also, for years, I cld not fall asleep on my back (in fact, until just recently) because before I wld actually completely lose consciousness my "focus" wld 'lift up out of my body' and I wld experience sleep paralysis (which I found distateful) -- not to mention hearing all the disembodied voices saying mean and vulgar things to me -- so I learned to turn over just before falling asleep to avoid this. Just mentioning this because -- these focus changes seem to have part of my existence ever since I can remember.
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

Buddie

Post Number: 1429
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 2:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't get out much but the last
time sounds like a mundane one..
I walked around my apartment and
tried to turn on the lights..yes
the rocking chair was not where
it should have been and there was
clothing hanging from it? the TV
was OFF and I left it On ..then
something switched in my perception
and I went sailing backwards into
the bedroom and my body.. in the
beginning at the time I was aware
of me getting up from me..I remember
that I sat on the bedside.. this
does not occur often but its why
I love being in UC as I can talk
about such things with peers

(Message edited by Buddie on December 27, 2008)
I'm not making this stuff up..
I'm imagining it..

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2023
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Regarding blue's experience of coming back into her body and not understanding what the things around her were, I once had a similar experience, though I can't claim that it was associated with an OBE. It did happen immediately after I woke up, but I don't remember what was happening, if anything, before that. The experience is recorded on my blog, and can be reached by the link below.

The noisemaker
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/2006/02/noisemaker.html

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2064
Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stopping by...

paul
Username: sublimy99

Post Number: 542
Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have never had an obe, but I want to have one so bad. Today I feel I was a step closer.

It Didn't matter that I didn't make it out because I felt so good after it was still worth it.
http://www.soundclick.com/paulferland

paul

Post Number: 561
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've been using a AP Inducer youtube vid, it's just AP inducing sounds.
It is working well and I keep going deeper and deeper into a trance.

I know most of the signs of getting near the point of an exit.
There is one I haven't heard of. My body feels like it's moving
like a washing machine. Not like I'm sitting on one, I mean it feels like
swishing back and forth, I feel dizzyness with it and it is after
I'm deep into the trance. It feels like my body and my head
moving back and forth, my feet to the left, my head to the right
and then visa versa , pretty quick, but not too quick. It feels like
it's my astral body that is moving and then it stops and I feel like
I may have blown my exit point because it stopped. Though I continue to stay in the trance.

Is this common? Is this a normal feeling close to exit? Or am I
just getting dizzy? My body is numb but not paralyzed. I'm
deep in a zone and very very relaxed, but I still don't exit.

Am I getting close or just fooling myself ?
http://www.soundclick.com/paulferland

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4758
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've felt that swishing in the astral body on a number of occasions. I've also experienced the sensation of having the bed I was in start tilting up so that I felt like I was standing vertically.

The interesting thing that I experienced last time I was at the Monroe Institute was that I actually had exited but that a part of my consciousness stayed in my physical body. I had a brief vision of flying over the roof of the buildings. Right after the session one of the participants told me that I had flown into his chec unit and tried to pull him out of his body as he had requested.

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2212
Posted on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stopping by...

paul

Post Number: 588
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have a question I hope someone can answer.
I've been trying to have an OBE for sometime now. I don't feel bad that I have not reached the astral plane because I feel like I'm meditating and still reaping the rewards.
Am I wrong in thinking this way? Am I going deeper than I should by trying to astral project?
I figure I win if I project and win if I am meditating and reaching my higer self in the process. I'm going to post this in the OBE section as well. Thank you for your time.
http://www.myluciddreaming.blogspot.com

Buddie

Post Number: 2168
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just Be Careful of 'Things'
sticking to your back ..
"You can not count the
miles until you get there"

Lassen Sage
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 8:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK folks, swishing around inside my body is an accurate description of what happens to me all too frequently during my waking hours. Unfortunately I don't pop out of my body.

I did pop out once and had a great experience. My Guide was right there after I went through the ceiling an up to the stars. Never saw a cord.

I studied Robert Monroe's first book, which I don't remember much about.

But I know that Being emotionally calm is one of the keys. As soon as I got excited I went back.

Ask for your Highest Guide and have a destination in mind.

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When I was a child my brother and I were often whipped with my Dad's belt. One time as I was getting my discipline I found myself watching the event from the safety of the bunk bed, while I watched my Dad whip me in the middle of the room. I didn't understand what was happening at the time, and I didn't care.I only knew that it stopped the pain. When he was done I would flow back into my body and only feel a slight sting from the belt marks.
When I was in my twenties my best friend was dating a nice girl who worked in a Dentist's office. Carol was sweet, but a bit 'loopy'. I went to her dentist a couple of times. One time I will never forget was when Carol set me in the chair and administered the gas prior to the Dentist doing his business. The nitrous is supposed to be given at a rate of 2 oxygen to 1 nitrous but loopy Carol had reversed the ratio's on me. When the dentist entered the office I was happily floating along the ceiling exploring the room from a new angle. He sat down and asked me how I was doing but I couldn't respond because I wasn't in my body. He began to panic. I was watching all this unfold and really didn't want to return to my body just then. There was much to explore in my new state. But the poor Dentist was really beginning to panic. I felt sorry for him. I could see that he was about to have a breakdown so I reluctantly returned to my body and said "What's up doc?" He was so relieved and apologetic and I reassured him that everything was just fine. No worries. That was my favorite out of body experience.

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 1409
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have had other out of body experiences, such as flying in a bird's body, but I think those types are somehow different than being out of my body and still being human.

animalspirits

Post Number: 5799
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

allen,

Usually when you fly as a bird and know it is you that is flying, it means that particular Bird is one of your lifelong animal spirits.

Often you will not be sure which type of bird you are. In that case, look at the wings and feet.

~Yotee Coyote

Kenny
Intermediate Member
Username: kenny

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 1:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Allen, your p1408 was very interesting to me. I don't recall repeated belt whippings from my dad but just one that was exceptionally cruel (he made me pick the belt I was going to be punished with). I did basically the same thing you did -- after the first strike I got the heck out of my body to avoid feeling the pain.

It think this was an important turning point for the development/damage to my psyche because I was very young at the time (not quite 3). Psychically the result was a tendency to disassociate from my physical body, leading to advancement -- if that's the correct term -- in ability to have OBEs and a general connection with the spirit realm, or what I call 'the others'.

Psychologically the result was a partitioned personality where one part was doing reasonably well fitting into society (consensus reality) and the other part had been exposed, almost like an open wound, to exploitation by a wide variety of opportunistic beings, such as not-so-nice Greys. The 'other part' of course had to be kept secret for some reason.

Your account of the dentist office experience was especially interesting. I think that in some of my abductions I was either given shots or made to breath some kind of gas that almost instantly caused me to float up out of my body.

The problem I have with OBEs is getting back in my physical body. I've had horrible, terrifying situations of where I was just inches away from my body but just couldn't get back in. I eventually worked out a system of wiggling my fingers and toes to try to reconnect, but in several instances it took several minutes of extreme panic to hook back up again.
Got swallowed by the Snake. Came out the Other Side.

animalspirits

Post Number: 5801
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 2:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kenny,

Next time you approach your physical during an OBE, try this:

As you approach, visualize a golden flowing river that extends from you as you are OBE into your physical body. Follow the river back into your body. It should be a visually beautiful thing and it should help to reduce the panic that you can't get back in.

~Yotee Coyote

paul

Post Number: 591
Posted on Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 6:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

First vibrations, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

Now I can say with certainty that I have felt the vibrations and the buzzing noise.

It happened about a half hour ago. It's 5:57 in the am. I was dreaming after I had
awakened at 4 o'clock. I took some galatamine to help me lucid dream. I was having trouble
getting back to bed and fell into a dream. I dreamed I was with my ex wife and thought she was
about to approach me. I then thought she started to slap me and it got harder and I became
semi- conscious and realized it wasn't slapping, it was vibrations. Wow, were they intense.
I thought I was prepared for them, I was not. I had the buzzing noise also.
I tried to wait it out, but I kind of chickened out. Although I was angry at myself,
I was also excited that I had the vibrations for the first time.

I have the feeling I'll be feeling them again very soon.
That is all. I just thought I would share.
http://www.myluciddreaming.blogspot.com

marksamuelson
Username: marksamuelson

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 1:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi all, just looking for a recommendation of a OBE book, I know there are many, just wondering if one particularly takes the cake for any of you.

1) a book in particular, with helpful easy user friendly advice that has proved useful for you.

2) this could be a different book altogether, but I'd like to just sink into reading about adventures in people doing so, or kind of exploring getting to know the OBE level well or charting it.

I recently finished reading "Transformation" by Whitley Strieber, (awesome, wildly enjoyable reading experience by the way) but, and I was incredibly intrigued by a section in the book where he describes traveling to friends across the country at night and establishing visual and oral contact with them via something like out of body travel. I really really want to do this myself badly!! How fun does that sound?

Sometimes my desire to travel to and be more a part of the kind of invisible world is appalling, to the point of feeling depressed sometimes.

Thank you!! (In advance)

Buddie

Post Number: 2601
Posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 7:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have a question..maybe a silly one?
When you return to your body after you
leave is it possible to go back 'in'
the wrong way..say you sleep on your
back and you re-enter face first so
your sort of backwards for a little while..

I often awake during OBE sensations
including the BUZZING and the flipping
and seeing myself like smoke? I do not
ask for this it just happens..I had
2 experiences where I thought I was
physical and went about my business
until something clicked and WHOOSH
I was back in my body..
Last night I remember the sensations
and not caring much about it..but did
not want to go..

(probably because I've been
talking about entities the past few days)

Anyway I recall feeling like I was meshed
into some kind of stuff like cobwebs..
and I have a feeling I landed face first
instead of the way I was sleeping which
was on my back..Or is this just an over
active imagination..I'm quite curious if
anyone has had this happen before.
Thank You

(Message edited by Buddie on February 17, 2010)

animalspirits

Post Number: 6923
Posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 7:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

It is your soul that leaves the body...and the soul doesn't have physical features.

You can, however, become really discombobulated if you slam back into the body too fast. It can cause dizziness, disorientation, and feeling really weird for a bit until the soul and body are properly balanced. If you ever feel that way, don't try to stand and/or walk until it passes.

It happened to me and I tried to stand (as I had to wee REALLY, REALLY bad which is probably why I came back too fast) and I had to hold on to the wall to get to the bathroom. The whole house looked like it was at a 45 degree angle.

~Yotee Coyote

Buddie

Post Number: 2602
Posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 8:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

animalspirits Thank you for replying
this was a new one on me..I didn't
go anywhere just kept on sleeping
but I remembered those bits of last
night this morning..

inquest
Username: batman

Post Number: 61
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I read somewhere the following:
Sometimes my attention can be out of my body

Well, I have the feeling that I am strongly concerned by this phenomenon... always being in a 'light'-etherical state..

In this way, gounding and focusing on the root chakra helps me a lot.

I went to see a healer who told me :
'you are not there - a part of you is in another dimension'. I asked her where it was and she was only able to tell me that it was..a 'beautiful place'..

Is it a matter of 'dimension' like 4th/5th or 6th ? Or would it be something different? Like a different period of time? Which 'part' of me is going away during this 'meditative' state? I read on the forum that during OBE, actually 'nothing' would actually leave the body.. Anyone would have new experience to share?

Thank you

Mark

Post Number: 2459
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I suppose it's like a sailor who spends months at sea, then, when he walks onto dry land (away from the rolling deck on the ship) he has to adjust his balance.
I had this: I regained physical consciousness slowly from sleep one morning to experience the physical senses returning one at a time; sight and hearing first, then finally touch at which point I felt as if my body was like encased in a cold, heavy, wet blanket.
Also; one morning I had the distinct impression as I awoke in the dark basement that I was above my physical body and slowly rotating on an axis, maybe until alignment occurred and I dropped in and awoke as usual.
Robert Monroe said that we have 2 astral bodies - one we travel in, and another that stays close to the location of the physical body (orbiting) to warn of any danger and facilitate a quick return if need be. That may be what it felt like.

Inquest said,
I went to see a healer who told me :
'you are not there - a part of you is in another dimension'.

Yeah... I heard the same thing about me from a remote viewer - OSR, no less - she used the term "holy man" but that's debatable / open to interpretation.

inquest
Username: batman

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark, the 'sailor' metaphor is really a nice one, because it describes the feeling I have with a touch of poesy...
When you woke up regaining consciousness, did you do something special in order to reach such a state?! Or was it just after a 'deep' sleep?

I had some feeling s about rotating, but I would say that the axis is not located straight in the middle of my body, vertically... but rather something wider... and with an angle... it is a strange feeling I sometime have when going to bed... especially after having smoked pot (...)

Regarding the healer you saw, what is OSR? I googled it... My suggestion:

'Office of Space Revenue'

Any other guess?!

Mark

Post Number: 2461
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 8:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

She's a former poster, not a healer.
We traded readings a long time ago.

abigail
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 11352
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 9:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

'Office of Space Revenue'

lol
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

Buddie

Post Number: 2770
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 3:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When I experience what I consider
'leaving my body' I always see myself
as my physical self..so last night I
saw myself lying in bed and the other
me floating up and Up..I remember going
higher and wanting to get to the end?
where ever that is..anyway I was doing
summersaults and really enjoying it..
I also remember seeing some grey rocky
landscape(maybe I saw the moon lol) I
recall seeing that before..but I could
not continue because the pressure in my
head woke me completely up..and it was
Sooo Loud.. I wonder what causes thet..
its a different Buzzing sound than I
had back in the 'visit'days..it was as
if my head was going to explode

animalspirits

Post Number: 7179
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 9:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

What you wrote about is in uncommon for OBEs if one is not used to doing them.

It will get better the more you do them...sometimes it takes a good deal of time.

~Yotee Coyote

Buddie

Post Number: 2774
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 8:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I Never know..but I think
I'm relaxing..I Care because
I don't ever want the other..

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4932
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hallo, Buddie! I know that buzzing both from my visitor encounters as well as some OBE's. I rarely have OBE's where I see my physical body. It's more common for me to have my normal waking consciousness split so that I'm both in bed and in the OBE location. If that doesn't happen, I'm simply "in" the new location. If you want to use the Monroe jargon, I think he called this the quick switch method. But to be honest with you, I think the larger lesson is that we are already everything and everywhere, so we don't "go" we simply shift our awareness to another part of "us." I think this in one of the reasons why I seem to experience being present in more than one location.