Archive through June 09, 2009 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » The prose place...:-) » Archive through June 09, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 861
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 1:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You are a writer and a damn good one.
Like a bolt out of the blue,
Fate steps in and sees you through.....

Jera uruz
Advanced Member
Username: numen

Post Number: 230
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 2:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you Mama Shine. Why don't you post your beautiful poems?

You're a poet and a damn good one.
Santa is God and Foozball is the devil.

I was a geek, now I'm a level 12 Paladin.

j
Advanced Member
Username: observer

Post Number: 296
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 3:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Initially I don't think the nazis and Hitler were consciously aware of the Jewish people within Germany developing into the scapegoat. I think it just sorta happened and then later within the time frame of that era, they done it very consciously. Hitler came from a poor working class background and I believe much of his motivation came from his feelings of inequity in society. Poor and oppressed feelings in people who then overcome their position will often experience a see-saw effect and turn into the oppressors. Of course, then something needs to be used as justification for displaying the same behaviour that they originally felt was oppressing them before their rise. It was unfortunate for the Jewish people in Germany to be in the position they were in, that they could be targeted so easily. In hindsight if the Jewish people could have made a concerted effort as a group to be more patriotic German citizens at that time, it may have prevented the political party in power (the Nazis) of using them as a scapegoat. It would not have prevented world war 2, which probably would have come about anyway due to the impossible reparations imposed on Germany following world war 1. But, it would be a different world than we have now.

(Message edited by observer on December 24, 2006)

Jera uruz
Advanced Member

Post Number: 260
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 8:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

By the time Hitler singled them out for persecution there was already a centuries old European tradition of anti-semitism. To think that the Jews were subjected to that level of violence in Germany because they weren't patriotic enough ignores the history of their use as a scapegoat in European cultures. Hitler's pathological use of brutality exceeds the simple cycle of abuse. Although, there were many at that time in Germany who regarded him as the coarse and vulgar thug he was.
Santa is God and Foozball is the devil.

I was a geek, now I'm a level 12 Paladin.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3139
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 1:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Warning not prose..
This is simply a piece of a piece..

Can you see your days blighted by darkness?
Is it true you beat your fists on the floor?
Stuck in a world of isolation
While the ivy grows over the door

So I open my door to my enemies
And I ask could we wipe the slate clean
but they tell me to please go Folk myself
You know you just can't win
Lost for words.. PFloyd

(Message edited by buddie on December 27, 2006)
Qua da di

j
Advanced Member

Post Number: 302
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 9:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It is true that people in general are much more political savvy now than they were then. It probably is unreasonable to think that any action could have swayed events.

kathy decker
Advanced Member
Username: kat

Post Number: 371
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Once upon a time, there was a fragile and creative princess who lived in a dark world.
She opened a window one day expecting to see the dark clouds and pouring rain that always seemed to surround her dreary castle.
Instead a warm, impossibly bright light beckoned to her from beyond the tall, arched window.

She climbed up and stood on the deep stone sill, gazing out at the light, wishing she could become a part of it.The light was so warm and welcoming, and the poor girl was so weary of the dank, cold rooms and the endless grey rainy days.

Poor Liliana (for that was the princess's name, of course) had yearned for that light all of her life, without ever really knowing why.
Sometimes, when she was painting a picture ("she is so creative" they would all say) she would feel that light in a most mysterious way.
It would touch on the crown of her head, as light as a feather,then melt down, down, right through her, all the way down to her toes, filling her with a sensation not unlike becoming one with a great pouring of melted butter.

Sometimes when she felt unwell, or sad, or just lonely ("she is so delicate' they would say) she would just close her eyes and the light would appear, first as a violet sparkling pinpoint, then growing brighter and warmer until it filled her entire head with glowing joy.

She had never, ever, seen the light with her eyes wide open, however. As she stood on the stony windowsill, she wondered just what she would do.
Now that it was there, right there in front of her she couldn't bear to let it vanish without exploring.
Tentatively, Liliana stuck out a toe-a toe clad sensibly in grey sandals to match her sensible grey gown-into the light. She felt that warm, buttery feeling again touching the tip of her toe, and as she stuck her foot out further and further, the feeling traveled up all the way to her ankle.
As the princess stuck her foot out further and further into the light, she noticed her grey sandal had turned a lovely shade of gold, and her pale toenails a rosy pink.

Liliana wanted to immerse herself in the light, and since the window in which she stood was only a foot or so above the ground, she lifted her skirt up to her knees and hopped onto the grass.
As she did so, her whole body became enveloped in that warm, welcoming light.

Later the princess's ladies-in-waiting came to her chamber to ready her for dinner, and found her lifeless body slumped over the windowsill, cold and grey as the stone in the walls of the castle.

"She was always too delicate", they whispered behind their hands.
"But very creative".

Liliana looked back over her shoulder at the castle, through the window into the dark cold room that she had called her home.
She saw the ladies clustered around something, weeping, but she could not make out what it was they were looking at.

As she walked further and further away into the warmth of the light, Liliana noticed twinkling points of light, some violet, some gold, some a beautiful shade of green. There were even some sparkles that were blue. These points of light grew until they became a marvelous host of beings, animal, plant and human, released finally from the deep, dark dungeon of their earthly lives to join the princess and dance forever in the light.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

kathy decker
Advanced Member
Username: kat

Post Number: 372
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 9:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't really know what got into me. iI had just finished posting a particularly dismal entry in my journal, and i took up the pen and wrote this. (above).
Maybe someone sent it to my inner child to make me feel better.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

phoenix999
Advanced Member

Post Number: 405
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The lights will guide you home.
That's nice Kathy.
"If I've made a mistake, do you think God will make a mistake? God will take care of things." -
- Padre Pio -
"I'm a mystery to myself"

j
Advanced Member

Post Number: 305
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Reminds me of Tim Burton's movie 'Corpse Bride'.

Da'an
Username: daan

Post Number: 1644
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

!
"UP"

buddie

Post Number: 3487
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 7:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Salt Lake
The whole city has
transparency and cleanness
puritan obsessiveness

opposite to that
of Las Vegas,the great whor*
on the other side of the desert.
Qua da di

Stephen in AZ
Username: stephenm

Post Number: 1099
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 8:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This is a post
That's shorter than most

That's longer than some
With still more to come

But the ending is near
It is right here

I lied, I fear
The end's not here

Will it be found?
Is it deep underground?

Is it closer than that?
Is it under my hat?

Is it inside my head?
Is it still to be said?

Will it be seen
When placed on the screen?

Will others then post?
And not just almost?

And the thread will go on
But this post is done

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 1:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

THE FARMER'S SONG
(to the tune of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat")

Hoe, hoe, hoe your row
Straightly down the field
Over and over and over again
Life is all too real

I guess it's a good thing I'm not a farmer. On the other hand, we may all get back to this some day...

firestarter
Username: firestarter

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 8:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LOL!
I'll use your song this Spring!
Gotta sing in the garden.....

If you ever get "back to it" and want to share stories, let me know!
"Who knows?" "We'll see."

buddie

Post Number: 3780
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tree Frogs in a Community Sing ..
Folk Ways Records celebrated 50 years of
idiosyncratic survival at Carnegie Hall
on Friday Night,with a concert that
assembled the Labels longtime allies.
Including Pete Seeger and Ella Jenkins
along with younger admiers and
traditionalists from across the United
States. Together they reveled in the ways
musicians and listeners have redefined
folk music..

Mr.Seeger of course had the Last word.
Mixing tradition and topicality.He drew
a feminist lesson from an Appalachian
song about a wife who's tougher than
Lucifer..
He had a version of "Buffalo Skinners"..
NYT Feb 9/07
Jon Pareles 05/04/98
Qua da di

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 736
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Back in October, I had this odd thing happen where I felt like I was being sucked into the world of plants, and more specifically into the world of their seeds. This stayed with me for a number of hours and the impression was strong. Later that day, I found myself driving home and when I came to the street to turn off on, I found I kept on going past the turn. I wound up in a convenience store just wandering around. I got a drink, and looked at the magazines on the stand. One silly mag after another. Monster trucks, men with muscles that looked like they were from Jupiter, and women who were......well, hardly clothed. Over and over. But I was looking for something. Something different. Nothing there. Then at the end of the rack there was a card rack covering the magazine stand and behind that rack was Discover magazine. I opened it up and in the centerfold there was a full page spread on seeds (sync!). There were these tiny seeds that had been blown up and colorized. It said "When it comes to seeds, its all about sex."

That was what had gripped me earlier that same day. I believe that plants are every bit as passionate as we are. Perhaps moreso. We just do not have the means to bridge that gulf, or believe that something without a nervous system could FEEL anything. To me, the erotic is not necessarily something you have to feel bodily, but is an energy that can flow through you like a slow moving river. So here below is what I wrote for whatever it is worth. It came pretty fast and I figured after the magazine episode, something was probably trying to get out....As I look back on it, though, I see other themes tucked into the sheaves of the larger idea, and looking at it tonight, I thought I'd go ahead and share for all you sparks out there. Call it didactic prose. And yes, it took four minutes to write. One big long stream, no spell check, no rewrites. I rarely can do that. I was driven.

The Yearning

The fields are wet from rain, after the corn has been harvested. Trees turn slowly from green to yellow, then gold. The air cools, and the mind thinks back on days when life was brimming over and the air was thick with the smell of pollen. The same corn, now nothing but stubble, stood gold and verdant with tassles swaying with the breeze, releasing their sweet nutty smell. To some, it was just a delightful thing that marks the passage of seasons. To me, it is more than that. It speaks of life seeking its own, making itself over; a new generation. A deep yearning, a leaning toward the wind in the hopes that Nature will take care of Nature, and carry its life giving sweetness on the air to waiting seeds, waiting for that breath of life, that germ of passion that makes the flowers grow, and make life turn ‘round once more in the endless cycles this world is known for.

Seeds and plants and pollen, all lean into passion in ways we can scarcely imagine. For this is the glue that keeps life going. For them, it must be pleasurable, a passionate act of giving, of release, and immerssion into a mystery far older than our own known seasons, our own individual lives and experiences. For this is the gravity that pulls them, moves them to continue. How can it be any other? Why then would life seek to replace itself through an act as perfunctory as dropping an apple from a tree? No, the drop of the apple is not perfunctory, or a second thought, but part of a yearning to become, a part of merging with some larger dance. If trees can’t feel this, then why continue? Why go on? Perhaps in measures we can only guess or imagine, there is some divine spark of wantoness, of passion and pleasure bound within their shells of being. How can it be any other?

Perhaps there is a secret life these rooted beings feel that is beyond our ken, beyond our too quickened ways. We have been “beyond” these beings for so long that they are now “just plants.” And yet, they are more. They will speak if only you will listen, and they yearn to tell of this ancient dance, this incredible desire and passion bound up within every cell of their being, so it pays if you will only listen.

I know that seeds seek and yearn and hope and dream: dreams perhaps that are so different I could never scarcely imagine or see them for what they are. And yet, it seems innescapable that these creatures, ancient as all of life here, yearn for the touch of pollen upon their seed pods and enclosures, waiting patiently for the bee to carry their spawn beyond them into other regions where others await the touch of the life giving sparks that enliven and awaken a new generation. Even the warming caress of sun and the drenching rain is an act of divine providence, or giving in a wheel that knows no end and no beginning. Quiet and still, these being mask their greater inner lives.

So even we do these same things, even we make this dance of longing and yearning, so old and ancient that its root can escape us as we are caught up as if in some whirlwind, some deeper dance both of passion and letting go as we give ourselves to life’s great mystery, to its passionate embrace, and longing that brings us to this place, this wonder-filled state where our minds and bodies and hearts are excited beyond the normal trebling that life so often gives or provides.

To touch my eye with your eye, to touch smile to smile, or hand to hand, we join in this ancient dance, this passionate longing for life seeking to complete itself, and in so doing, complete ourselves. Round and round we turn, like stars upon an endless wheel that rolls and ducks and sways in the lost night of time. We are carried one by the other, some by our imaginings,
some by the reality, but always by the same glue that keeps life turning turning back and forward at once, calling to the roots of what it was to the heavens of what it will become.

So as our hands embrace, our smiles merge, as face becomes face, and eye becomes eye; as flesh becomes flesh, we excite in this dance, this subtle movement first tentative, then more certain as we are gathered by the compass of its certainty, of its need to move as it moves, which is ever forward into endless days and tomorrows. Its greater mystery binds us to a wheel where we become it, and transcend it all at once, and as this happens, the most fortunate of us touch upon that great divine spark that is their mirror, their true compliment in this dance that is so short, but oh so sweet.

We came here as boundless beings who knew neither limit nor touch, and followed down into narrow pathways into minds of earthlings, like spirits on a cosmic voyage, we entered the world of limit and pain and lonelyness, only to be called back by forces that were brought to bear in this world, moving us through realms of limit and bounding to that greater reminder that this is a dance of mystery, passion, and love. In this love we touch the infinite, wrapped in that which pulls and grabs at us like hawk talons grasping talons in a spiral dance of yearning, moving us one step beyond this one, seeking the divine, seeking the infinite.

10/13/06 7:30-7:34 pm
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

buddie

Post Number: 3862
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 6:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

God Hale I almost had an OBE reading this!!
Incredible :-)
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

firestarter

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 7:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Your writing has its own life .... I could see it swaying in the winds, yearning, releasing, caught upon fertile ground, nurished, and it goes on and on and is caught in the dance of cycles.life.

Had to wipe a tear away after reading.

Seriously, this was good food for the soul.

Thanks.

Hale

Post Number: 739
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 8:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, you almost had an obe reading it? God, I gotta go re-read that thing!

Firestarter, well, I don't consider myself a writer, but this seed thing kind of got under my skin. I had a whole series of sync's related to it (how important seed will become in the days ahead as the weather turns bad and things don't want to grow). Had been holding it back, figured somebody has gotta hear it.

psyrinity
Username: psyrinity

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
I must add that was truly Awesome!! It resonates so deeply in spirit!!

Love, and Blessings!!

Hale

Post Number: 741
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There is a story behind that. Full of sync's and messages about this time in which we live. Gather non-hybrid seeds. Get the old kind that are hearty, and be ready for four years of failed crops. Can you do that? Keep them in dark and cool places and they will spring forth with the promise and passion that they surely exhude.

Glad you liked it. It took me a while to get up the courage to post it (October---back when things were just getting started).

firestarter

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 7:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, I have the same feeling.
I tried growing tobacco last year, though it didnt work, will try again this year.
Also, isnt it true that when you plant hybrids the seeds from them are non-hybrid?
I get my seeds out and visit them through the winter months. :-)
Also, I've been trying to learn that for every hybrid (mostly) there is a wild plant it came from.....I've been sniffing them out....or we may just get away from the "normal" types of veggies, though, I cant see letting corn go.
I laugh at myself growing hybrid greens when my field is full of them, naturally, I just am not seasoned enough to know them well.
My potatoes are mostly non-hybrid now.
Non hybrids are certainly smaller.....oh, and did you know those huge chicken legs you buy in the store...they're not naturally that big either...
lol. Freaks me out! I have BIG chickens, but their legs are never that big.
It's the time of year, almost to let our chickens start to set. :-)
There will be little babies running around before too long...I just love the baby chicks!

Take good care!

Hale

Post Number: 742
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll PM you fire......

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 5:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.fedcoseeds.com/index.htm
"Scientific progress goes boink?"
--Hobbes

Hale

Post Number: 747
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well great minds think alike, Bran.

Here's a link I have on hand (a list of different heirloom seed co's that do not DO hybrids:

http://www.halcyon.com/tmend/links.htm

buddie

Post Number: 3884
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You Flew to Me

In the attics of my life
full of cloudy dreams unreal.
Full of tastes no tongue can know
and lights no eyes can see.
When there was no ear to hear
you sang to me.

I have spent my life seeking
all thats still unsung.
Bent my ear to hear the tune
and closed my eyes to see.
When there was no strings to play
you played to me.

I the book of loves own dream
where all the print is blood.
Where all the pages are my days
and all the lights grow old.
When I had no wings to fly

You flew to me
You flew to me

In the secret space of dreams
where I dreaming lay amazed.
When the secrets all are told
and the petals all unfold.
When there was no dream of mine
you dreamed of me.

you flew to me :-)

Jerry Garcia

Qua da di

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1204
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 2:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Heavy or light
Time to write

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1266
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 6:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a man all covered with hives.
Hives, fleas, lice and bugs;
I sympathized but gave no hugs.

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 105
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Threshold

At the threshold of
enlightenment
I stand
Having been Propelled
by Purpose through darkness
until I reach
the Dawn
Glorious enlightenment
I gaze into, am drawn into
the place where I belong
for it is home
The Teacher is waiting,
teaching
the steps of the Universal Dance
The unknown is becoming known
Hidden things are being shown
I surrender to
Spirit
my feet move
in the Dance
of Eternity and
Destiny
My Destiny is
Light
Eternal
I move in the Dance
to the Universal Music
The moves of the Dance now moving me
into my Eternal Destiny.
Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness. James Thurber

buddie

Post Number: 4195
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 7:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I choke on my tears,I ask if there's an end
to feel the shame of that little girl again
She goes back to a time where she became
hypnotized by the potion of a poisoned world
She walked for miles down a rusted path
looking for a healer to come release her
She walked for miles on busted ..glass..
picking up the pieces everywhere
Whats it take to see past the illusion
when a shadows so dark it blurs your vision
When you find the last link of the chain
within looking for a healer to release her
When you find the last link of the chain
within break the spell and the child will mend.

Qua da di

firestarter
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 167
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 9:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

... .It's one of those poems that seem to engage the whole being, the head and the heart - but the truth is that the best poems render us speechless. ...

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2590
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Vision

I saw a blind baby
rolling a crystal ball.
Someone shouted, STOP-
it shattered into
a thousand pieces.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 142
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Glance

Just a glance
Quick and serene
Slowly gliding over me.
A glance excites, and
ignites a spark.
A quick and easy dip into your eyes
is all I need to catapult my reason into oblivion.
I can't help but wonder what it would be like
to kiss you with no inhibitions.
Never mind the regulations of society.
Disregard commandments of former generations.
A kiss into complete and total annihilation
is what I long for.
Then I wonder if you even have an inkling
or if you even care.
Sweet delusion enfolds me,
comforting.
Then reality sticks its head in my face,
throwing up the detritus of societal norms and values
Choking, blinding me
trying to conform me into someone I am not,
and someone I can never be.
Then I think that it is just my displaced emotion
and fear that trap me in delusion that I can ever be
engaged in a kiss like that with you.
I've fooled myself so long that it feels right,
thrashing wildly in a sea of crashing, blinding,
violent emotions
that enthrall and intrigue.
When just to know a simple kiss
that transports two into a place
of completeness is all I wish.
Down again,
I go into delusion and
the never ending cycle of desire.
Is this what destiny means,
to be trapped in the circle
going round and round
till I am so disoriented
that I can't recognize truth
when it stares me down?
Just a glance
is all I need
to begin on the path,
the endless circle once more,
around and around and around
we go.
Teasing, hiding, peeking
around the tattered curtains of defenses
when I want to rip the curtains down
and be seen by you
and you to see me.
You are beautiful in so many ways.
A kiss would take us to together,
to experience life in a greater measure.
My turn has come
to gaze into your soul,and to see the longing that resides there, and to bring the longing out
into fulfillment of desire
begun long ago in ages past
in another eternity.
Then we will both experience
truth and reality the way
it is meant to be.

BGM 2003
Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness. James Thurber

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 143
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 7:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Twin Stars

Twin stars we are
once galaxies apart
and never knew
what destiny could be

Always feeling so alone
always searching to be whole
Drawn by our own gravity
Closer and closer
Orbiting each other now
Burning, revolving,
consuming each other

Twin stars revolving
in the far reaches
of the universe
feeding off each other
incomplete alone
together irreversibly complete

Twin stars meeting
in a universal scream
sharing elements
burning off and for
each other

When we meet
will there be a super nova?
Will we crash and burn
each other
and everything surrounding?
What will we create?

BGM 2003

firestarter
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 176
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 8:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Love them both!!!

Thanks!

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 151
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Fire!!

Love, Peace, and Blessings to ya!!!

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Put down a word
Put down a line
Make a story
Or make a rhyme

Something you know
Or something you feel
Or somewhere you've been
Whether dream or real

Write it here
Don't wait too long
Without new posts
This thread is gone

Write a word
A line, a song
Do your part
Keep this thread young

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1592
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Give me some words
Sane or absurds
Short or long
Story or song
Prose or rhyme
Now's the time

Jeremy
Username: jolly_lama

Post Number: 569
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 3:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's a haiku for you (true story)...

Warm night, gazing up,
At starry tree canopy.
Bright lights! What is it?!

Jeremy

Sharon2468
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 864
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 1:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Haiku is fun. Here's another...

Stephen is a friend,
Jeremy is a good guy,
We are all the same.
Ok, how fast is the speed of dark?

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 739
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

~bump~
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

ViridianStar
Username: viridianstar

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 7:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

a few months ago I visited the Vietnam and Korean war memorials in DC -- below are a few lines from the beginning of the poem I wrote while there.

Seagulls and Crows
No doves today—nor hawks,
Only black crows flying beneath
Shroud-like clouds—later to be
Joined by a trio of seagulls.
Rain appears in appropriate dress
and torments us as we honor
our dead. No blue skies to bless
these war memorials or those
who come to grieve today.

VS

The Watcher
Username: the_watcher

Post Number: 1784
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tormented and tortured
Scorned and forlon
Demented and depressed
Your battle flags
Are tattered and torn
Living day to day
Living the big lie
Wishing you were never born
Until the day you die
You hear this cry in vain
How long must I suffer
Living in sorrow and pain
Misery and anguish

The Watcher

Post Number: 1785
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 1:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ooops....didn't mean to post that

ViridianStar

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes you did!

MY HOME
This is my home--this swamp of
ignorance and intolerance; where insane zealots have tightened their lips, tightened them the way I once imagined in my youth when on a fortunate day the tv outsiders portrayed my state, my home, my place, and called it the Bible Belt. Then, in my minds's eye I saw sturdy Baptists with giant leather belts made of fine Bible leather; tightening, tightening, beneath grinning faces--leering faces which sought mine in order to change me, make me one of theirs; one of their frightened, finger pointing, proselytizing prophets who hated--,---,---(fill in the blanks)--everyone who is different. I challenge all of the intolerant from my backwater home of putrid sludge to rise up from this mossy morass and free yourselves from the choke-chain of programmed depravity and allow the cool wind of reason to blow away your indecency. Let its balm gentle your passions. I implore you to love all of us and give your Bible thumping hand a rest.

I meant to post that. vs

The Watcher

Post Number: 1810
Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 12:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Honestly, I did not. I thought I would rain on the 'Hallmark Greeting Card' view that many have in here, but before my little verse finished and I could refine it, I went to hit the back button and posted instead. Oh well....

ViridianStar

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 8:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good Morning Watcher,
I thought what you wrote went to the heart of what I perceive to be our collective pain and I thank you for writing it. (Besides, I was teasing when I said, "Yes you did.") You wrote with a sorrowful pen while I (who proclaim to be a dove) am likely to be angry over deception and injustice without making it better.
VS

jingle
Intermediate Member
Username: jingle

Post Number: 152
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 4:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i like learning what people believe and a foray in to religion was my path months ago. now its just part of a whole. only part.

there are so many truths out there that i believe that people forget how to live and let others live.

i see so many divisions and people rooting for their teams to the point of drawing blood.

its sad.

and i wonder in the greater scheame of things what was acmplished. growth? social darwinism? what if it gets to the point where the living is not the thing but destroying every thing different then ones self. who wants to live in a world like that.

oh well i come from the end of the road literally. and its a place that i love some would judge it harsh and uninhabitable. its a back water of sorts too. and i miss it dearly

what makes me sadest the most is that for me color is what i prided my self on every color and to find to my horor that people think the own them and ware them like badges of unity of organizations that have no purpose other then the be against another. well it makes me want to sit down and cry.

i lost many a friend over this because i was not the right color. Im inately blue i cant help it i was born that way. a rareity indeed. but nothing to do with my polotics or religion. for really i dont believe that i have either. just an observer and hopefully compasionate enough too move on.

still though i wonder if i have what it takes at times.

im down for rpairs more then im up and running. i just feel that its a manhandeling situation. people know how to push my buttons to get me going but have they found the combination that makes me operate properly contently hapily? im waiting for that.

and why is it every one is alowed an openion but mine is degraded some how. id like to know do they get a paycheck? i dont.

but openion is atached to candidates and causes and confusion. and if it dont mesh compleatly with some ones agenda one is toast i asume.

i walk away from the argument most of the time and then people come back to me telling me i was right. but blind greed or the need to win gets in the way and friendships get steped on.

frankly i dont believe that it counts no matter what you vote for as the bills or laws are stacked in a most precarious way. did did

so what are we to do. hopefully just live find happyness.

i cant go back to the depression of a few years back it seemed that the whole nation was walking on pins and needels. not celibrating the holladays and more woried about people cutting them off in trafic then helping a person in need or taking the time to do cool things like planting flowers listening to their loved ones or just being.

but i believe that there is hope if we dont stamp it in to the ground just cause so n so believes this about this.

some say that i dont speak proper english well maybe so but one wonders where some's hearts went to, and why a daily criteeq is in store for those that do not adhear to the controleing groups criteria though they harm no one or would ever harm any one.

and what of the ones that stand up for them selvs, why are they degraded, why apearently they lived though some pain that needs to be explored and justified some how. yet to make every thing run smoother and not cause ripples in the pond they are demonized though the crime was comitted by a higher up person.

just my thoughts for what its worth

i know its a ballence, but some times it feals like the weight is mainly on the other side as if we are divided in to haves ad have nots.

but we do need some sembelence of order just could it be a little les harsh and let the people speak up if they need too. its a dream, nice, but feasable i can only hope.

peace

dont degradate the person that could be your friend. funny i just now totally got what the word degrate means. you always learn something first hand even if it took 41 years to do it.

gang i promice to explore the spell checker situation.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 4186
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I ain't worried bout yer mispelled words
lawds, when ya doing free flowing thoughts
ya ain't got time to fuss over spellin....it the thoughts that counts.

Thanks fer sharing.

Minim
Username: minim

Post Number: 49
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Beware the Spell Checker...
...for a misspelled word is a kind of poetry, that calls undiscovered associations and new meanings - a mindsketch that should be attended to, and saved in memory. minim

jingle
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 170
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

funny when you out grow the dyslexia you have missed out on all that learning to spell words properly.

you make lists o you biggest mistake yet they still creep in. is just a life long thing i think to keep up on it.

that was a real nice thought there minim

Minim
Username: minim

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

jingle, I seriously think that dyslexia is not just a lack of something, but a differently connected mind - creative in a way the world needs. Really, minim

jingle
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 188
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

one can only hope thats true.

da~an
Username: daan

Post Number: 3719
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i am so uncreative...at times
"up"

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1675
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 5:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now's the time
To make a post
Whether it be
Least or most

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 9421
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 10:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i had a heart
it was whole
and made with
the fabric of love,
dreams and joy

i thought
it would always be so
that i would wear this
garment inside me

but life ripped
through my heart
shredding the fabric
to pieces

but very slowly
a miracle happened
i found a memory
and sewed it over a tear

in time another piece
of fabric was sewn
to the first one
joining the memories

it took some time
but i finally
repaired my heart
easing the ache

if you look
you can see
my patchwork heart
inside my breast

i have stitched it
together with love

Mama Shine

Post Number: 4712
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi,
That's beautiful, touched my heart.

animalspirits

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 7:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi,

That was so beautiful!

Thanks for sharing it. I really touched my heart too.

~Yotee Coyote

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 9425
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 2:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

my friend came over for lunch and i showed her my poem. she came up with a wonderful idea.

i'm going to make cloth hearts then stitch little pieces of patchwork material over them. and the poem will be attached with a safety pin.

bryn had tons of bandanas that i wil use pieces from.

i thought i could market them at hospital gift shops.

whaddya think?

animalspirits

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi,

Big huge thumbs up from me!

What a wonderful idea.....

~Yotee Coyote

Buddie

Post Number: 5649
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Jingle ..
We are our infinite

Man type 4
Advanced Member
Username: man_4

Post Number: 287
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 7:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirty Harry Versus Leatherface

'Go ahead, make my day'
said the ego to the animal..
Then the animal revealed
his skill with a chainsaw..
shuddering and stumbling back
a few steps, the ego said
'i cannot undo my lines, but...'
to which the animal replied with.
'ggggrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa BZZZZZZ'

At this point the ego lost a limb
and the animal dug in, deeper and deeper
till dinner was made, and all was quiet
in the theatre of chaos.
'hahahaha' the crowd blatantly exclaimed
as they watched the animal feast upon the ego
and become a whole being again, that very moment.

Oh how I love a good slasher flick.
But oh oh oh how I hate Clint Eastwood,
as he represents all that is so
terribly wrong with the western world.
As I watch my fellow movie goers
inhale their pop corned butter
I suddenly realize, that I am the only
soul in the theatre eating organic baby food.

What does it all mean? Humanity leaks when pricked?
Is the act of the animal comparable to that of the snake
who devours its own tail in a desperate effort to unite itself?
Is it demented of me to think that Clint looks happier
after being molested by digestive acids?
who does this act of bloody consumption serve?
And why does it truly make my day?

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1756
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 5:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There are days
When posts come fast
But those days
Don't seem to last

And so I give
A little nudge
To this thread
To make it budge

Other posts
Are welcome, too
Perhaps a post
will come from you

Make a post
If you can
And give this thread
A helping hand

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1810
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 8:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Poem or prose
Here it goes

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1842
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wrote this line
And this one too
I could write more
But this will do

Mr.XenoBob
Username: xenobob

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And so you walk home tired and drunk through the rain washed streets of town. Your eyes feeling like steel wool and your tounge a led weight in your mouth. The callous sun slashing morning angles in dissregard. Faces flash through memories of vauge dissquietude , while windows curtained against the night hide sleeping lovers peacefully dreaming accusations of infidelity… … …

So you stop into a café somewhere, more a diner really and the patrons penciled in black and white shoot looks at you from behind papers. Egg filled mouths mumbling silent sorrows of children gone wrong. And all the while the wall covered in celebrity photographes stares down an endless row of eyes. And theres something in the eyes of celebrities that makes you remember something that you remebered to forget. And so you go back out the way you came in and the street is still there pacing in opposite directions.

So you fall into a taxi, and hide in the backseat amongst the ciggarette butts and cumstains and the driver is turning to look at you, but you cant stand to see his eyes. The eyes of a celebrity fixed into the hacksawed face of poverty. And his neck turns on an axis a thousand miles wide and the universe hangs in the thoughtless balance of suspended consequence, and theres no hole in this seat to hide in theres not one more second of grace, or chance to escape the soul shattering question.

“where are you going?”

.all my various egos are bleeding into one another....aaaahhhh hhhaahh....

(Message edited by xenobob on May 13, 2008)

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1861
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 4:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This is this
And that is that
Where I am
Is where I'm at

Where I go
Is where I'll be
If you're there
Then me you'll see

Where I went
Is where I was
If I'm still there
I haven't budged

What I do
Is what I does
And I wrote this
Just because

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1911
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 7:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Rain is threatened
But I won't be bettin'
For even with cloudy skies
Rain will seldom materialize

But with cloudy skies here
One thing becomes clear
Hot and muggy
Can drive you buggy

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1964
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 5:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

THE QUESTION

I can't see Russia
From my house.

But I have seen
Japanese cars
And eaten
Mexican food.

Is that enough?

animalspirits

Post Number: 4052
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stephen,

Don't forget all the Chinese
Products you've bought.

~Yotee Coyote

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1993
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 7:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, there have been a lot of those lately. I can add being able to deal with China to my list of qualifications...

I once had a dream, though, where things went the other way and the United States was acquired by China in a business transaction:

Dream - Acquired by China
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/2007/01/dream-acquired-by-china.html

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 2130
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This is a bleaker version of 'Aquarius'

When the doom is in the eleventh house,
a few litter behind the bars.
The piece will rule the bandits,
Iron Glove will steal the farce.

This is the pawning of the age of Nefarious
It's always somethin'

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2057
Posted on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 4:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A post placed here
Saves a thread held dear

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2124
Posted on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 4:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll use this time
To make a rhyme
To move the thread
From foot to head