Archive through September 14, 2010 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through September 14, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buu
Username: buu

Post Number: 1402
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2010 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"inorganic beings" is a neat term, I'll have to co-opt that. :P I suppose "inorganic organism" doesn't really work. The enigma of inorganic life.

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 4750
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 1:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My God, what incredible songs, those last three!!!!!

Can you (or someone) tell me who the guitarist is in the Sting piece?

How about the surroundings in that room!!!! Now, that's my kind of decor!!!! I want to paint my living room that color!!!! Wow! I love Middle Eastern/Moroccan decor!!!!! I have lots of Middle Eastern decor myself. I want some more of those beautiful textiles, too!

I was familiar with the version with Josh, but I had not seen the one you posted, man in.

and, man in, that Bruce Cockburn piece just about knocked my socks off. Actually made me cry and gave me goose bumps! WOW. There is so much to hear!!!! Why and how in God's earth have I managed to miss his work? He's amazing. Got a new project now.....yet another "new" artist to listen to and catch up with. He reminds me a little bit of Warren Zevon, just on first listen.

Anyway, thanks for such great songs.

Man In.....I stand corrected, and reminded. It was the first four books that I loved.

It was Tales of Power that was the last of his books that held my interest, and didn't put me off in some way.

I read The Second Ring of Power and began to lose interest. Then, with The Eagle's Gift, it was over for me with Castenada.

Oh, and I agree with about 90 percent of what you said in your post #198.

"Inorganic beings" is not that much different a term than "machine elves".

Victoria......

As for dreams....well, all I know is I have been having very vivid, incredibly detailed and "movie-like" ones again lately, and my Mother is prominent in most of them.
"In the end, only kindness matters."

Second Wind

Post Number: 4751
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 1:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lord, what an incredible guitarist Cockburn is.........

Second Wind

Post Number: 4752
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 1:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK.....I knew the song "If I Had a Rocket Launcher", but I think I thought it was Warren Zevon.

I'm embarrassed......

Thank you for the education, man in!

man in
Advanced Member
Username: thirdpal

Post Number: 219
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Reagan really hated Bruce Cockburn, he called him un-American. Of course he was right, Bruce is Canadian. lol

Pacing the Cage, Cockburn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAcqr3MYMmM

man in
Advanced Member

Post Number: 220
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cockburn seems to travel alot. Here he is performing World of Wonders with Toumani Diabate, a Mali, African musician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX5So6zRjtM&feature=channel

man in
Advanced Member

Post Number: 221
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wailin Jenny's performing Calling all Angels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Y6p-BRIaU&feature=related

moonbeam
Username: mia

Post Number: 588
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 3:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A dream I used to have that really bothered me....

I'm in a car with someone and they approach a draw bridge, and as we start to cross, the bridge starts coming up, and getting steeper and steeper, until I start screaming "stop the car!! You are going to kill us!". And when the car starts to flip backwards I am jarred awake, everytime. It is really scarey.

susi
Username: etsi

Post Number: 2290
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moonbeam

i too have had this dream several times with the exception of i'm in the car alone.

i attributed it to the fact that i frequently crossed the old sunshine skyway which was really steep.

i also think it could be symbolic of expressing fears.
sure you can trust the government....just ask an indian.

moonbeam

Post Number: 589
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 5:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Never thought about that susi, but I went across that bridge when I was a kid!! Grandparents on dads side lived in Tampa. hmmmmm, certainly strange we both had the same dream. Oh yeah, it expresses fear alright, lots of it.

I also sometimes would dream I was going in a car to the top of this mountain behind me. Dreamed there was a log cabin on top and that the cabin was actually hanging off this cliff and I was afraid the thing would fall off the mountain. It is like I lived there or something cause I remember swinging on a porch swing looking over the edge of the cliff and thinking this is very dangerous.

BTW, at the foot of this mountain my whole family witnessed a UFO one time. A few years later my hubby tried to take me over the mountain and I totally freaked out and had a panic attack. Strange, cause I have been over some really scarey mountains here before, and never flinched. All over the Smokey Mountains too.

susi

Post Number: 2294
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 5:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i ived in sarasota and traveled that bridge twice a day for 12 years. the new bridge isn't so bad but the old one......(shivvers)

i don't do heights well, so my dreams of the car falling over backwards was for me a fear dream.

man in
Advanced Member

Post Number: 246
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Not sure how many of you check the Unknown Country news, but here is a link to an article there about Dreams.

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=8421

susi

Post Number: 2438
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 7:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

just woke up-dreamed i saw a calendar and under the 8th, it said 'earthquake'.

John_Doe420
Username: john_doe420

Post Number: 659
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 2:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lately, it seems
I tend to have dreams,
not of flying, and gliding
into the blue sky, but
presidential meetings,
and the fbi.

honestly...i dont get why...

but the truth is, for some reason, for a while now I have these strange dreams where the president is making an appearance, and I am allowed to be close, and always feel that I am supposed to approach him and speak with him on some matter or another, but never get to.

Yesterday, I dreamed it again....this time, I finally made my way to the secret room, where I was supposed to relay a very important message to him (Obama), I cannot preciesly recall the nature of the message, except to say that it had something to do with me having to explain to him that conditions would arise that would place him in a position to where he would ultimately be seen as a dictator, and would be used as a great tool of destruction and oppression in some way or another...this isn't precise, but some flavors of the message had to do with these things, and other things I cannot recall.

I only had a few brief moments to try and get my message across to him, and soon his handlers were attempting to rush him out of the room, once they figured out I was in there with him....they were in a bit of a panic it seems. At the last moment, he (the president) secretly palmed a little round communications device to me of some sort...it was apparently something i could communicate with him through if i needed to later at some point...his "people" had no knowledge of it, either way...also, apparently, it acted as some sort of device that would allow me to pass through extremely high security areas without any hinderance on the part of the officers....which I had to attempt....after the "meeting" with the president, i felt i had to follow him and find him again, because the little device was blocked by some type of interference....i stole some tiny little electric car, and attempted to persue him through the streets of ...D.C.? i dunno....but i arrived at some high security facility ultimately, and was stopped at first....I showed them my "pass" and was instructed to walk into this special area that emitted a particular "field" of some sort, and it scanned me, and the green light was given...but i knew it wouldnt be long before it was discovered that I did not truly belong there.....

i can't remember the rest.
Sonny: Do you think we were all created for a purpose? Id like to
think so. [looks at his hand] Denser alloy. My father gave it to
me. I think he wanted me to kill you.
-I Robot -2004

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 12306
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 7:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In part of a dream last night
or rather early this morning, I
saw a runner like they have on CNN
and stuff on TV at the bottom of
the dream viewing area. This is crazy.
lol I won't go into the dream content
cause I'm not in a frame of mind to do so
at this time...

Just thought it was weird.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 8347
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 9:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama,

Pay attention to that runner at the bottom of your dream. It could be giving you information that would otherwise be hidden within the dream in such a way that you may not realize you are receiving information.
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

bean
Username: tina

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 9:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama,

I had something kinda similar two nights ago.

As I was waking up.... I saw what was like a page of a news paper that was zeroed in on a sentence. The sentence was in darker type than the rest of what ever was written.

The sentence was...Can you breathe deep?

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3163
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 7:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have times when just before
I go out I didn't know if I just
came in..I don't like those..
it remains with me the full day
and I'm slower mentally..like I'm
going through moments..like a trail

(Message edited by buddie on July 27, 2010)

moonbeam

Post Number: 695
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 8:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gonna post this cause I seldom remember my dreams and this one is weird.

I woke yesterday morning, and remembered dreaming that this huge tick had attached itself to my leg. We are talking big, the size of a half dollar. It was all puffy and brownish red, black, and its body felt like old skin, all wrinkled. I think it was kinda the size and shape and feel of a prune, except not wet, dry. I rubbed my leg and felt this thing and looked down to see it just hanging on my leg!!

I realized after a few moments of panic that it was a tick. I tugged on it and it was in deep. I squeezed it and knew it was full of my blood. Then I made up my mind no matter how painful I was gonna pull the bloodsucker off my leg. So I tried to go gently to make sure I got its head. It wouldn't budge! It took all my strength to pull this thing off my leg and it tore away my flesh. The pain was unreal.

So, I'm holding this bloody blob thing, and see its awful head still in my skin. I ran and got a knife and was going to cut its head out when I woke up.

Very disturbing dream, hope I never repeat it.

Buddie

Post Number: 3167
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 5:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes I can see how that dream would
be very disturbing.. If you don't
mind my asking moon..do you recall
if the dream was in colour or if it
was more in shades of the colour grey?
Txs

moonbeam

Post Number: 696
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 8:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very much in color Buddie, why?

BearFeather
Username: bearfeather

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 9:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moonbeam...do you feel it might pertain to something ongoing in your everyday life? Feeling emotionally, physically, or mentally drained due to the antics (sorry...no pun intended)of someone close to you?

moonbeam

Post Number: 697
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Probably so BearFeather, cause we got a call that morning that my mother-in-law had passed away. We knew it was coming, but not sure when. Maybe it was my mind telling me the life was being sucked out of her? Or maybe it was the fact that I knew it was coming, and am also taking care of my own mother that is elderly and sick.... and my grandson who is five. Seems like all my energy is spent taking care of others. The fact that I do may be like a tick sucking up my energy.

Anyway, going to be off here for a few days and try and relax. See you guys when I get back.

Second Wind

Post Number: 4851
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am sending up prayers for you and your family, mia. It sounds like you have more on your plate than you can handle alone. I KNEW, when I first read your dream above, that there must something going on in your life that is "eating you alive". I am so sorry.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 12352
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 6:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sending love and comfort to Moonbeam.

Buddie

Post Number: 3169
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 7:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moonbeam just now got online..
I asked because I've had such
dreams..Some are in grey tones
and others are in colour..the
coloured ones seem to be distress
for others..the grey ones I should
write down..but don't
:-( sorry to read the above XO

Mama Shine

Post Number: 12362
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 5:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

very disturbing dreams early this morning.
a doctor had me in a high rise dwelling...very
dizzying as the top floor was glassed in. He was
trying to probe my mind...i knew this...he gave
me a white pill before each walk we took together.
it was the size of a nickle and had writing on it. i should try and recall..never mind...he wants me to warm up to him. i have much more to say but my better judgement says stop. i'm mainly posting this for he record..

Steve DoD
Intermediate Member
Username: stevedod

Post Number: 127
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 7:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama Shine it is so good to hear from you again. It seems like it has been forever. Sorry for not stopping in here to say Hi but have been out of the country for awhile and just returned the other day. But enough about me, how are you doing and how are those dreams of your coming along? The posts of yours have been interesting reading and I am sure for you rather, to use your word, "disturbing". The interesting thing is you can remember and you can write now the next step is to try and understand.
Please enjoy and sleep with good dreams,
Steve

Buddie

Post Number: 3192
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed last night I
birthed 8 babies..I was
agast as I would never have
more than 3 in real life if
even if I could conceive..
this is a first for me remembering
maybe I'll know more later..it was not
what I'd call a good dream..as usual I was Fighting all the while

animalspirits

Post Number: 8456
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Eight on its side is the sign for infinity.

What/who were you fighting? Do you remember?

Eight babies. As Mama would say, 'Lawds!'

~Yotee Coyote

Buddie

Post Number: 3203
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yup I agree....
its unclear if I did it all
at once or was being
told or shown..but I saw them
as small babies..
I was fighting for control..
the whole feeling is gone now..
8 on its side.. well the babies
were lying down :-)

edited for the over all feel...
it was like that saying 'Benign Neglect'

(Message edited by buddie on August 02, 2010)

moonbeam

Post Number: 700
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, Mamashine, Second Wind, after my mother-in-law was buried Wed. morning we took off for the beach. We had reservations in a really nice place with its own water park for my little grandson.

I sat on the beach and thought about what I had dreamed. I realized just how important it is to think about myself, and take care of myself. Thankfully, my daughter and hubby gave me some time. I watched the people around me and the ships out on the horizon, and the waves rolling in and out. It was so beautiful and relaxing. I really didn't want to come home.

Thank you for your prayers, love and comfort. It meant alot to me. Hopefully, things will get back to normal now.

Second Wind

Post Number: 4886
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am glad that you found such a peaceful place, and got somewhat of a break, Moonbeam.

How is your husband handling the loss of his mother?

I hope you both are coping, and perhaps now his mom will come to you in your dreams, to let you know she is all good now!

Blessings to you and your family, and all who are grieving her loss!

Buddie

Post Number: 3206
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(((( Oh Moon ))))

Your beautiful spirit needs
a quiet place from time to time

moonbeam

Post Number: 701
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Buddie

SW, He nor I even cried when she died. We did our crying when alzheimers was slowly destroying her mind. It was so hard to watch and yet, there was some peace when she thought she was with her mother. It was like she was reliving her past as a child. But, driving back home from the nursing home was when we did our grieving. When she died we were just happy she was free.

Thanks for asking about him SW.

Back to dreams.......

I have an Encyclopedia of
Signs, Omens and Superstitions by Zolar

Under dreams it says "According to Welsh belief, a sprig of misletoe gathered in Midsummer's Eve and placed under a pillow will bring about prophetic dreams. Should you wish to dream of your lover, take the blade bone of a rabbit and stick nine pins into it. If you place it under your pillow you will surely see the object of your affections, says Yorkshire tradition."

Also, "According to some American Indian tribes, dreams occur when the soul leaves the body and travels to different places. A general belief is that, if you have the same dream three times in a row, its object will be fulfilled."

And, " Nightmares, as opposed to dreams, are said to come from the prince of darkness himself. These can be avoided by pinning ones's socks to the foot of the bed, by placing a rock crystal under one's pillow, by hanging a diamond or talisman on your left arm, by folding one's hands on one's chest, and by placing two sticks of straw cut on Saint Johns Eve on each of the four corners of the bed."

"Oneiromancy" is the term used to describe the use of dreams for divination practices, a practice followed by almost all the ancients.

Buddie

Post Number: 3210
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 3:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon thats amazing..my Mother also
spoke with her Mother when she had
no cognitive way to speak to us..
she would talk to her mum while
we were in the same room :-)

blue
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 859
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 9:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moonbeam, sorry to hear of you and your family's loss. I know what you mean about doing your grieving after each visit w/her. Your time by the water sounds lovely. I hope you are always able to find such moments, especially when you need them. I think they are the moments that offer us the most opportunity to just be present and take in what the world has to share with us.

Not a dream but I saw an owl fly over my backyard the other night. It was the end of a lovely song and flying demonstration of some of the newest members of the bird family in our neighborhood along w/a pair of hungry rabbits who were kind enough not to run from the sight of me :-) I almost missed those 15 minutes of cloud formations, pre sundown sky, and nature's wonders because I have "so much to do". Glad I gave myself a break :-)
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

to be a rock and still to roll . . .
change we can believe in is here -- The Ed Show
Love is the Way. ~ Jesus of Nazareth

Mama Shine

Post Number: 12422
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moonbeam.

I recommend time by the Water,
works wonders.

Peace~~~

moonbeam

Post Number: 708
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 9:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, I agree, amazing. So, you know how that feels, to see it happening. It was odd, but a comfort.

Thank you Blue. Your words are so true and I am going to make a point of bonding with nature for a little while each day. Stop and smell the roses.

moonbeam

Post Number: 709
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 9:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama, I know you love the water. I thought of you while on vacation and thought how lucky you are to have water so close. It is relaxing and beautiful.

buu
Username: buu

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 3:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dreamt of someone at work. Had an unusual, serious discussion about my thoughts and feelings (this isn't someone I talk with much at all, much less open up to). At the end of the conversation she hands me a green frog with red eyes, and swirls/skips (unsure of how she's moving) off in a happy, carefree way, vanishing after a moment. I turn to leave and suddenly get a sinking sensation. I think: "I'm never going to see her again."

animalspirits

Post Number: 8468
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 6:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buu,

When you say "I'm never going to see her again", did you mean the woman or the frog?

Frog represents healing emotional issues through the use of water. Frog is a powerful helper to get one through their feelings and/or thoughts in a positive manner.

~Yotee Coyote

man in
Advanced Member

Post Number: 329
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just don't drink the water in New Orleans.

Wonder what it is about water. Edgar Cayce recommended that anyone on the way to see him for a reading should travel by water if possible.

John_Doe420

Post Number: 701
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Perhaps, buu, it was implying that you would never again see this person in this context...or literally never "see that exact person (in them) again"....that this was a once in a lifetime encounter, in this particular context, with them.
-I Robot -2004

sahgwa
Intermediate Member
Username: sahgwa

Post Number: 189
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

water grounds us to our proper electrical and EM fields, and cleans us of negative influences and energies. At the same time too much of it or for too long of a period of time is bad.
The Chinese say water attracts gwei or spirits. So any house surrounded by water is a no no in feng shui.

speaking of a recent dream of interest I had.

I found myself indoors in a kind of large empty very high ceiling-ed gym or something. Inside were various wooden structures, like towers, that were made as fun houses or play towers, but very high. You climbed up one on one side, easily, via a ladder or stairs, and then the game was to get down the other side without getting stuck or lost from the boxes, turns, slides, or walls.
Me and a friend got to the top of one, escaping from some dogs I think, and then found out that the whole thing we were on was under construction. It had sawdust everywhere, and clear plastic tarpaulins covering various bits. So what should have been fun was quite dangerous as you didn't know if a part was going to fall off or hold your weight. I had to jump down where there should have been a cushion to catch you, but it was just ply wood. Eventually we got down but only after getting very dusty dirty and scratched.
Who knows if it means anything.

Victoria
Username: victoria

Post Number: 504
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 4:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Man-in said,
"Edgar Cayce recommended that anyone on the way to see him for a reading should travel by water if possible."

Robert Bruce, the OOB instructor says that if you suspect an astral entity attachment, walk across a stream of running water and it will get rid of it.

Don't know personally if this works or not, but he is very knowledgeable.
Too many people enjoy the comfort of opinion
without struggling through the labor of thought. JFK

Victoria
Username: victoria

Post Number: 505
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"The Chinese say water attracts gwei or spirits. So any house surrounded by water is a no no in feng shui."

OMG -- I live on an ISLAND. Am I in big feng shui trouble?
Too many people enjoy the comfort of opinion
without struggling through the labor of thought. JFK

sahgwa
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 192
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah but there are things you can do to remedy it . hang mirrors and wind chimes, and crystals in corners, and areas where sharp points or corners meet. and have a lot of earth energy in your home to balance it out. check out feng shui sites online :-)

man in
Advanced Member

Post Number: 330
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I live about 50 feet above a river. I could practically jump in off my deck. All good vibes to me. I don't get the negative stuff.
However, there does seem to be a spirit in the living room corner of my basement. Loves to turn off the stereo receiver when I'm listening. Too loud I think. However, other than that, very peaceful. Maybe I should put a crystal in that corner.
I think at least some native americans prefer living next to rivers or water. Is that true?

"It's not the wetness of water, it's the fluidity" DJ

Mama Shine

Post Number: 12443
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 9:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm an Island Person as well.

I think sometimes I am a Water
Spirit~~~Water is enchanting...
if I ever move to the Mountains,
it'll have to be by a Lake,Stream or River.

animalspirits

Post Number: 8496
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The Maori of New Zealand believe that every body of water has a Water Spirit protecting it. A Maori Holy Man taught me how to spot them in the water as they make a different wake than other fish, etc. It is really cool when one of them allows you to see their wake. It is a gift from them.

Perhaps one decided to visit. Try a flowing water fountain in that corner and see if it comes.

I love water and couldn't imagine living far from the Ocean. I have lived close for 70 years. The hardest thing for me moving from Daytona Beach (where we lived 1/2 block from the Ocean) to here was not hearing the ocean waves. It took me months to sleep well without that sound.

~Yotee Coyote

chesserw
Username: chesserw

Post Number: 56
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As an Aquarian, I also have always loved the water. The house that I live in is over an underground river. Told the spirit when we moved in that I would make a water feature and dedicate to her in the front courtyard. Love the energy I feel when I reach down into the earth and feel all that lovely water.
God give me the grace to accept the things that I cannot change. And grant unto me the power to change the things that I cannot accept.

man in
Advanced Member

Post Number: 331
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the Mayan symbol for my birthdate is rain, so I think "water been very good to me".

I'll have to try something in that corner.

In Japanese culture, rivers and other bodies of water have spirits that look like dragons, minus the wings. They always seem to depict them like that.

moonbeam

Post Number: 717
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 4:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My daddy use to sing this song to me when I was a little girl. He had a beautiful voice and sang for many weddings.
You reminded me of this song man in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCh31dGzO9c

Mama Shine

Post Number: 12480
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 1:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I feel like posting this because if I do maybe
the name of the place and why it won't let
me alone will be forth coming.

I see what seems to be a deserted air field that maybe I had seen as a child. I see the runway
and I think green grass trying to grow though
the cracks. This is weird cause the name keeps coming in my head A something...sounds like Alvin or something like that and Colinder or sounds like that...ack...I dunno then Field.
This is eating at me but I can't say why. I feel kinda embarrassed for taking the space to type this as it doesn't mean anything....maybe I should delete it ...I'm ramblin....

Mama Shine

Post Number: 12482
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 3:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow...finally found this and
it's in New Orleans area....
why did I even think of this and
why did I feel like I was seeing it from my childhood days when I lived in Georgia.

Oh well...problem solved...or...

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/LA/Airfields_LA_NewOrleans.htm

moonbeam

Post Number: 730
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 4:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow Mama, there it is, Alvin. Now, you need to find a connection somehow, see why you are suddenly thinking about this place. Gotta be some reason.

moonbeam

Post Number: 731
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 4:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh yeah, I had a weird dream. I was in some college town and it was hilly. There were alot of young people there and there were alot of old buildings. Inside these old buildings were modern malls with strange elevators.

I dreamed I knew everyone there and was invited to this party. When I got there I saw the hostess had no clothes on, yet the guest did have clothes on. She told me she needed my help in the kitchen, but I would have to take off my clothes.

Well, I have always been on the modest side so it really surprized me that I so willingly took them off and put on a white apron. Here I was butt naked with a skimpy apron on cooking at this huge island. People were coming in and we all acted like this was perfectly normal behavior.

Then I see this friend I know and I suddenly get embarrassed. So I leave the party out the backdoor and I am running to a taxi. The taxi takes me down town to one of these old buildings where the modern malls are in and drops me off. I am trying to find a restroom to hide in and do.

So I'm in this rest room all scrunched up in fetal position and I see there are some of those brown paper towells. I am shaking all over and I know I have to soon get out of there. I need clothes, so I wet the towells and paste them on my body to cover up.

Then, someone comes knocking very loudly at the door and I totally freak! I'm going to have to open that door!

I start to open the door very slooowly and boom! I wake up!

Go analyse this LOL!

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2656
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 6:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Some symbols are universal - people in all cultures have them.
nakedness - When we are naked in dream, it shows that we are experiencing life in an open and honest expression of self. Great sign! Being true to yourself.

John_Doe420

Post Number: 712
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't believe that for a moment. I don't think any dream symbols are "universal"...i think all dream imagery is as individual as people are numerous.
-I Robot -2004

blue
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 871
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I agree w/you, JD, for the most part. Perhaps some dream symbols are universal but that doesnt mean that the symbol means the same thing in every culture, or to each individual within that culture. I think the more common the symbol, the more likely it is to have many different interpretations. Primal, less recognized symbols, might be more universal in their interpretation simply because the individual has not had the time/opportunity to develop their own symbol system. On the other hand, groups can choose to utilize a specific symbol system and then those symbols wld appear in dreams to them when appropriate. Of course, a danger lies in "universal" or group symbol systems in that it is possible to be subject to manipulation when a particular symbol is put in another person's dream as a means to gain control over them.

I might interpret Moonbeam's dream as saying to her that the friend who made her "feel her nakedness" in a way she did not feel when she was simply barely clothed was someone from whom she feels truly "naked" in an inner sense. I think twinsouls often have this feeling when being together -- and it may occur between soulmates as well -- It cld also occur when one encounters someone who is very wise and sees into and beyond whatever human mask one might be hiding behind.
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

to be a rock and still to roll . . .
change we can believe in is here -- The Ed Show
Love is the Way. ~ Jesus of Nazareth

MrUnknown
Username: mrunknown

Post Number: 746
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll give it a shot.

I think the "nakedness" is an incidental symbol it does not really represent nakedness, it could have easily been something else you did not want to do that your friend "made" you do. I think this dream means you should avoid your friend or her advice because it will only cause you trouble.

moonbeam

Post Number: 733
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 9:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have made two different post to this thread yesterday, and even made sure the second one showed up when I clicked on post message. Something or someone does not want me to give you my thoughts on what you have said. So, I will just say thank you for your post.

John_Doe420

Post Number: 714
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

indeed, blue.

I only say it because after having such a large portion of my life involed in learning about my own dreaming and such, I realized that sometimes a rose is just a rose, sometimes it is something else....

for instance, for years I've dreamed of losing my teeth...some would cite "dream dictionaries" or some other such thing to suggest that "it means" such and such...when in reality, I've just always been nervous about losing my teeth...now the fact that the teeth always grow back...perhaps there is something to that!

but good post, very true.
-I Robot -2004

John_Doe420

Post Number: 715
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dreamed I and my friend Brian were apparently in the military...not sure which branch...were gathered with thousands of others observing some sort of nationally televised parade...something extremely important...almost like a funeral procession....in this parade was a car, either the actual car JFK was riding in, or a replica....either way, this car began accelerating rapidly, with intent, and began totally mowing people down all down through the line of the parade, right on national television live....

immediately, for some reason, we both looked at each other and knew that this was a staged and planned event, and that the govt was going to use this to put the entire town in "lockdown" mode, and this was just the start...we slipped out somehow and were making our way back home, on foot, proclaiming that we weren't going to go along with any of this...

as a curious side note, the person who got out of the killer car was a kennedy himself.
-I Robot -2004

susi

Post Number: 2671
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 8:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dreamed me and a couple of people were sitting outside of a convenience store when we looked up and about a dozen military jets flew overhead doing fancy loops and other stuff. when they passed a guy was standing outside near us and he had a gun. i thnk he was military. i said, 'oh oh, a shooter' and told everyone to go around the back of the building and call 911.

he entered the store but i woke up.

Found Goat
Username: foundgoat

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 1:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In early August I had yet another synchronistic dream, in which exteriority and dreamtime seemed to overlap.

There I was, late-afternoon, reading in the soft-leather recliner, or at least trying to, on account of a tiny, bombinating, volitant pest. The buzzing about the ear continued to the point that its persistence I interpreted as being an insectival death wish.

Reluctantly, I put the magazine down, got up, and took to tracing the mosquito about the room, intent on fulfilling its self-destructive course.

For a few seconds it played me for a stumbling, swatting fool, its elusiveness out-performing my own quick reflexes. Not to be outdone I kept up my intense visual pursuit of it, eventually being led into the washroom, where there, landing atop the looking-glass, the exasperating red herring met its bloody demise with a good hard thwack of a rolled up glossy.

Absorbed I had been in the article, to the extent that I left the squashed remains, returned to the chair, and resumed my perusing.

It was that evening that I dreamt a most unusual “mind-movie,” as I like to call them.

Yes, I keep a dream journal, but not every one do I record nor remember. This one, howbeit, was vivid and highly strange, thus most deserving of mnemonic documentation.

Let me start by saying that, periodically, I do dream of the Grays. This can only be because my mind is often focused on these beings, with all the reading I do regarding them. So that a Gray should be at the center of this particular mind-screen ought to be nothing uncommon then.

What was was that I was in it. Normally, my REM images of these entities are viewed as if from an onlooker's perspective, rather detachedly. Yet here I was not only a participant, but a protagonist.

As dreams often tend to be, incongruous material was at its center. The particulars themselves were rather vague, but I knew that my assignment was that of an “alien-tracker.”

The building I was in was towering. I recall looking up at its imposing edifice. I had been sent here to weed out a fugitive but not to destroy it; merely to capture it. Yet as to where my target was to be brought, was unclear. All I knew was that the alien was a criminal and that it was to be brought to justice.

The next thing I knew I was the one being chased by it.

I felt as if my life was in danger, as I ran down the seeming never-ending stairwell, upon deciding not to take the ominous-looking elevator which I had understood was not an elevator at all but a trap – specifically, a cage for human animals. This I sensed, or rather knew, because there in a row stood five elevator doors. I went up to one and pushed the open button. Instead of the door opening, the solid door suddenly became transparent, and inside I saw a bunch of people, piled one on top of the other like LEGO blocks, each one on their hands and knees, stacked like a scaffold, wearing collars, a few grunting, others foaming at the mouth, one or two exhibiting walrus-like eyeteeth. The impression I received was that these captives were headed south for the slaughter.

I came to a door during my descent. I grabbed hold of the knob but it was locked. At this point in the dream I started getting panicky. I heard footsteps from above closing ground on me. I tried the knob again but this time it pulled right off and the door disappeared.

It was at that moment that the staircase beneath me morphed into a ramp, and around the bend up came a man outfitted in a business suit, riding a motorbike. He knew who I was but I didn't recognize him at all. He told me to hop in and into the sidecar I climbed.

As the two of us drove back down the incline the floor beneath us gave way and the next I knew we were zipping in and out of offices until finally we exited the dark, gloomy, abandoned structure and were weaving around building after building in the air.

As we were flying through space, heading for God knows where, the driver of the now space vehicle hit me in the chest with a rolled up newspaper and indicated with his finger that I take a look at it. On the front page was a photograph of the very same alien I'd been assigned to apprehend. It was a mug shot of the creature. Then the driver turned to me and said “You did it,” as if I'd been the one responsible for having captured the fugitive. The thing is, I had been a wuss. Yet here I was being treated as a hero.

That's about the time when I awoke from the dream, feeling the effects of the two glasses of water that I'd drunk just prior to retiring. The imagery was still fresh in my mind, and as I made my way to the washroom I took to mulling over what I had just internally experienced.

As I stood at the sink washing my hands it was then that the synchronistic aspect of the dream hit me. For there on the mirror was the mosquito which earlier in the day I had taken a rolled up magazine to. Its guts clinging to the glass.

As I stood staring at the squashed insect I reflected back on the dream and had to smile, for in the dream, at the outset, my superiors were issuing me directions over a walkie-talkie-like device attached to my belt buckle, as to where I might locate in the building the being which they had kept on referring to as: “Bug.”

Found Goat
Username: foundgoat

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I would like to mention that, even though I do keep a dream journal, I don't delve too much into interpretation, as they used to do in Bible times or in Freud's day.

Still, I thought this dream of mine deserved highlighting.

Perhaps I'm reading into things too much, trying hard to see connections between interior and exterior life, but even so I thought it was worth sharing.

Though, why did the mosquito land, of all places, atop the mirror? Had it been the wall, then what?

One other “coincidence” I neglected to mention, was that the magazine which I'd been reading at the time was, of all things, UFO Magazine.

The fact that I did not clean up the smudge right away is interesting, too. It wasn't much of one, a mere smear of sorts, and I certainly don't want to give off the impression that I live like a slob.

The thing is, here where I live we have a problem with mosquitoes during the summer. (And this particular one, spiders too.) My former neighbor used to hang a barbaric device on the tree for zapping these bugs, among other flitting insects.

I'm not so advanced. I'll use anything that's handy when it comes to one of these bloodsuckers, even a makeshift swatter made from a flimsy, slightly tattered “US.” (Here, we like to improvise.)

Update: You'll be happy to know though that since the incident I've long since cleaned the bathroom mirror.

bean
Username: tina

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

YOU have fantastic dreams!!! Don't even know what to think at this point...!

Mama Shine

Post Number: 12795
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

FG,

I like the way you tied it all together. I too
have wee hour visiting blood
suckers, geckos, spiders, etc.
that I try and reason with, begging
them to not provoke me to violence.
I've found that they have at times
followed me into dreamland to test
my patience.

I've wanted to share some of my
observations but it's safe to say
my eccentricities need no validation.

(Message edited by mama_shine on September 08, 2010)

animalspirits

Post Number: 8707
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 4:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I usually fall asleep with the TV on and most of my dreams have to do with what they are doing/selling on TV...or that I have to go to the bathroom really, really badly and can't find one...only to wake up and have to run to the bathroom.

I never have spirits or Aliens come to me in dreams because they can contact me normally any time they wish.

~Yotee Coyote

sahgwa
Advanced Member

Post Number: 291
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lol everything seeks balance.
for those of us who need more spirituality or strangeness as a tool or impetus in our lives we get it at night in dreams or astral if our daily lives are mundane. those whose daily lives are not mundane still need the normal to learn and experience so they have mundane dreams.
thats what i thought of reading this anyway :-)
what a nice shiny pair of scales.
Observation convinces me that there are beings of intelligence higher than human and that the only chance for mankind to advance as a whole is for individuals to make contact with such Beings.Crowley

John_Doe420

Post Number: 762
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dreamed a co-worker of mine was moving in next door to me, and I felt unpleasant about that..i could look out the window and see her standing out there on the porch of that home ready to go in and start cleaning the place, and remember thinking "oh great, *sigh*"...then her husband pulls up outside and gets off his bike, runs up the steps and proceeds to tell her how the cafe at the hospital wouldn't serve him breakfast, or rather they just wouldn't let him eat it there, and he seemed quite agitated by this, but humorous...he said he told them "I NEED TO TAKE MY PERCODAN"....

then my fiance and I were over in the house, and apparently I had lived there because there were family pictures on the wall and I was trying to be nice and get them down so the new tenant didn't have to....i was irritated because she and the co-worker were being playful and silly with her husband and wearing themselves out and I was doing all the work...i found the two of them (my fiance and the female co-worker) laying down in a bed together like all tired from being silly (*shrugs*) and I just started being loud with what I was doing so as to let them know I was pissed...then she (co-wrkr) came out, said she was sorry, I said "huh? I'm just taking the pictures off the wall for you"...

then it changed...now it was me and my fiance moving in, and we were moving in with betty white....i was naked from the waist down (i have no idea why) and my fiance is telling me to cover myself, and I'm laughing saying something about "please woman, this is betty white we're dealing with, you think she gets offended by a..."

...well you know

anyway...i kept trying to do this magic trick which involved cutting a small hole in my skin (on my hand) and slipping a small piece of amethyst in under my skin so that it would be under the skin of my palm....i kept having trouble keeping the stone under my skin though, it kept popping out.

suddenly, my mother (who is dead) is sitting next to me having a phone conversation with someone about her father (also dead) being near death in the hospital (in real life she died a full year before him)...she was saying how he wanted to talk with her and she didn't know why, but he was bad off and wanted her to be there...
I next overhear mom whisper to someone on the phone that (her dad) asked her..."is __*__ trying to get in the way of the burning fire on the roof?"...i took this as code, (my family has a BUNCH of secrets of varying degrees...i just figured she might be talking about that...apparently there was some type of intense grudge where she was one of the last surviving children, and refused to put away the anger relating to the grudge (against who I dunno), and her father was asking if I was attempting to get in the way of the grudge...mom didn't seem particularly thrilled about that prospect....also something related to that which related to hidden family mysticism or special powers of some sort.

betty white realized she could slide her hands across the surface of the window and cause it to darken up, then swipe her hand across it again and remove the darkness...it was some kind of high tech windows that you could do that with..we all found this humorous because it meant we didn't have to buy curtains.

then I woke up...

*-my name removed
================================
http://www.facebook.com/fortwynt
http://www.youtube.com/fortwynt
================================

Buddie

Post Number: 3390
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sometimes I'm glad I just blank
out with no active dream life..
But it used to happen for months
on end..Really glad that imbalance
has lifted..

esotericha
Intermediate Member
Username: esotericha

Post Number: 169
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

last night's was a doozie! - me and a grown-up gkid (my friend's grandkid) were wanting to use a world gate to go back to some world we had been to before

well the natural gallitrap that was this world gate was really short-lived and unpredictable, and occurred in this country/western bar!

anyway, we're wearing homespun to fit in in the other world, with our street clothes on top of that, plus i'm dragging this huge rucksack disguised as a purse

we had to just sit there, ready to jump through when it finally appeared, and of course we had to drink some beer while waiting

gkid got to dancing with some girl and i was terribly worried he'd miss the gate since it was so short-lived once it appeared, and i was fully prepared to leave him behind, but he got back in time, and then the wall changed and we went through

the gate from the other side looked like an huge orb before it disappeared, and i piled up some rocks to indicate the spot, and then we took off our street clothes, soaked down with off bug spray (smelled like vanilla) and turned to go into the village, then i woke up