Archive through August 25, 2009 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through August 25, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 2825
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 5:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nighty, night, fortwynt.

I was about to say that I am crashing now.......

Thanks for telling me you will be off. That's thoughtful of you!

Enjoy your time off!

Over and out, for now!

Sal, thanks for the space, and the refreshments!
"In the end, only kindness matters."

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 957
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thought your photos were terrific SW. You did a god job of taking them AND posting them AND writing the blurbs.

Howdy everybody. Just stopping' in long enough to say hello, then go back to bed. Wish I'd been around for the wine. I don't drink, either, but the ubiquitous "they" say a little wine is actually good for the body.

See you good folks later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inside every older person is a younger person... wondering what the hell happened!? Anon

dakel
Advanced Member
Username: dakel

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 12:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*stretch* *yawn*

dakel looks up from her text book and sees that months have past since she last did so.
perhaps sal has a spatula that could be used to pry her butt out of this booth?
how's everyone been?
Sal, can i have a milkshake please, with a giant stack of buttermilk pancakes, 5 lbs of bacon and two scrambled eggs...and some coffee, please?

Second Wind

Post Number: 2830
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 7:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi, Moonhowler! You are a sweetie to say that you actually read my blurbs! And thanks for the compliment on my photography skills. It is yet another thing that I think I could have been really good at, had I had the money to invest in it. And it is a REALLY expensive hobby to really do right!

I am so sorry you are feeling bad still, but I do understand. I have a little secret, I stashed a bottle of the Due' Uve' with Sal, so if you come back by, and we aren't here, just ask Sal to get the bottle out for you! It's really delicious!

And, I will bring another bottle come Friday night!

-------

Hi, dakel! How's that breakfast food? YUM!

What kind of textbooks have you had your head buried in?

Glad you decided to come by and take a break! Now that you are full, just stay a while, enjoy a glass of wine, or whatever you would like, and sit by the fire. Grab a stuffed critter from the Stuffie corner, and just chill for a bit!

Hugs, everybody!

Lassen Sage
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 699
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 1:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, geez dakel,,bacon sounds great!!!

Wondering what you are studying?

I just got another sack of random fiction books from the local library to stave off cabin fever.

Sal, could I have a few lbs of the thick,nice and crispy,please.And some waffles and maple syrup... I brought some fresh ground kona coffee beans for a little Hawaii sunshine this winter day.

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 377
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 1:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks for the welcome!
ooh wine, a fire and some plush toys sound wonderful :-)
Ive had my head buried in a calculus book. why might you rightfully wonder? because my life long interest in the cosmos makes me want to understand what the heck is up there (that we know about). but, im a writer and daydreamer by nature, so for me to learn this stuff takes immense amounts of effort. that and im getting fat sitting around here with all sorts of breakfast goodies at my fingertips...Sal you siren.

"stuffie corner", yay! *dakel dives head first in the pile singing to herself.

Sal, can me and my plushy friends have a strawberry milkshake?

Love to you all!

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 701
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 1:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We read what is written here. And I myself, only started asking questions about 10 yrs ago..You could say I was a late starter as I am 53 yrs old.

If you mention it here someone will ask about it.....We listen and respond to what you share, Dankel. You mention and we wonder...it's a thread of thought right???

Second Wind

Post Number: 2837
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 6:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Thread of Thought"!!!

You are the clever one, LS!

Dakel, none of the food, beverages, or other "refreshments" served here at Sal's have any calories or consequences. Nuttin' but pure pleasure and enjoyment, and real nourishment for body and mind!

Thank you, Sal! Best brownies I think I ever had!!!

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 378
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 1:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i could use some of those brownies too, Sal.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2844
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 8:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I must apologize for not showing up last night with a new bottle of Due' Uve'.

I did go and purchase a bottle, but I was worn out last night, and was asleep before 9 p.m. That is very uncharacteristic of me...but I had to be awake during the day yesterday, because I had HVAC people coming. I was up at 6 a.m., and by 7 p.m., I was sinking into the floor.

So, I will put the bottle of wine in Sal's fridge, and whoever comes in first, feel free to open it.

I'll take a brownie to go; perhaps it will give me the energy I need to get a couple of things accomplished today!

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 3:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-) thankie SW .. pours self a goblet..
Hugs Sal..the aroma of your home made
burgers overwhelmed me as I cycled by..
I'll have the burger special Sal Thanks..

Peers into Ol'e Juke.. hummmm
how about this one Sal ..
Gretchen Wilson.. fun Wheeee

Buddie

Post Number: 1670
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning Sal ..
pours an expreso
Lets Rock with Sugarland

Second Wind

Post Number: 2865
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just stopping by for a moment, Sal. Terrible migraine last night/this morning, with the remnants still lingering now. Not going to stay online long, so as not to aggravate it. I can't even watch a youtube. I haven't had a full-blown migraine in a long time.

I'll take a cup of whatever you've got that will stop this attack!

Here's a $50. Give everybody a meal and a round of whatever they want to drink! Or, give it to a worthy cause!

Blessings, everybody!

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 722
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Second Wind...Ah, this is gonna sound rude...I suggest you go soak your head..For non-medicated relief from skull crushing headaches I stick my head under ICE COLD Water and let it run into my ears. Shocking experience, but the Willow bark I use instead of aspirin only does so much. And this really works. Sometimes it takes a few times, but it always eases off immediately.

And then I put a lot of amethyst on my crown chakra to help the energy flow freely. Put it under a scarf or hat to hold it,,purple would be best.

Next I start working on pressure points. Massage around thumbs and squeeze the webbing. Feel for a lump and work it as hard as I can stand, working up the arms, shoulders and then neck. I look for moving lumps, muscle knots and concentrate on them.

I put kitchen towels or wash cloths in the microwave wet to heat up and hold them on the worst places.

I also work on my feet, around the big toes and at the base of all the toes.

I would have posted this under remedies,,But I figure you might look here first....Hope this helps.

If you have a smooth fluorite stone use it instead of your hands as it makes for an almost painless massage. Eases off sinus pain if used on the face, scalp and base of neck.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2867
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, LS.

We think a lot alike! When it got really bad last night/this morning, I got my "blue ice" pack from the freezer, but it only covers just so much head area! I was really wishing I had some kind of "blue ice skull cap". Then, come to find out (not surprisingly), there is such a thing!!

Migra Cap

You can bet money that I will be getting myself one of those things.

I absolutely HATE cold things, so even just using the blue ice pack, I had to be covered with warm blankets to be able to stand it. I don't know if I could stand even running my head under the cold tap water.

Plus, I have major neck problems, and I don't think that I COULD physically hold my head under the tap without my neck locking up. I can't even let the hair cut person shampoo my hair, because I can't stand the pain in my neck!

How else would you get your head under ice water????

I do and did use the hand massage thing. It works well for mild headaches, but it was not even phasing the migraine last night.

As for the hot moist towels, I thought about that, and sometimes that helps with headaches. I try to listen to what my body "wants" in a case like that, and it seemed to want "cold" on my head.....despite the fact that I hate "cold".

I also read about soaking your hands in water as hot as you can stand for a while. I did try that last night, but I was impatient.

I have had times when a hot bath would ease the headache for as long as I was in the bath, but then it would just return as the water cooled, or I got out of the bath.

I don't have any amethyst, other than an amethyst beads necklace, and two rings with large amethysts.

Again, I have not been willing to spend the money on all these gemstones one orders online. And, as I mentioned elsewhere, I forgot about the annual local Gem and Mineral Society Show last November.

I am not sure what triggered this migraine, but I am suspicious of the Claritin (brand-name version) I took about an hour or so before the migraine hit.

I have been taking generic "claritin" for years (not all the time, just during certain times of years, or certain activities) with fine success. I am not even sure why I decided to buy the brand name this time????

But, there were other factors that could have contributed to the attack, so I can't know for sure if it was just the claritin, or if it was other factors, or a combination.

It's been several years (at least, I **think** it has) since I have had a full-blown migraine. I get the visual migraine "aura" (ocular migraine) a couple or three times a year, but if I lie down in a dark room with a cool rag on my forehead, for about 30 mins., it usually doesn't progress to a headache, and goes away within that time.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions!

It has stayed at just a dull headache most of today and this evening. Knock on wood!

Second Wind

Post Number: 2868
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 10:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good lord! If you order one of those Migra-Caps from the British site, it's just over $50 U.S.!

I did find one place to order in the U.S., but it was $78!!!

Criminey......

flux
Username: flux

Post Number: 745
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Why don't ya get one of those cool dannas. Bandanna activated with water. You can reduce temp further if you put it in the ice box if ya want. I think they retail for 7-8 bucks and are re-usable.

Tie it around your head covering your temples.....

Here's the cooldanna on fleabay. They even have skull cap versions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jolly-Roger-Skull-Cool-Danna-Head-Neck-Cooler-Bandana_W0QQit emZ130151711396QQihZ003QQcategoryZ10035QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_t rksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
There are guides who can show you the way. Use them, but they will not satisfy your longing. Keep wanting that connection with all your pulsing energy.
(The Essential Rumi)

Second Wind

Post Number: 2871
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I used to have one of those, but they work by evaporation. So, they would make your pillow (or whatever) wet, and don't get nearly as cold.

They are nice to put around your neck, or under a hat, if you are working or playing out in the hot summer weather, though! But they would not be a very effective migraine treatment, I'm afraid.

When I look into the prices for pain relief products like these (hot/cold wraps, pads, etc.), it just makes me angry at the high cost.

Grrr....

The "alternative" health field is/are just as guilty of gouging as is/are the conventional medical field.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2872
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If my Mother were alive, she would design a head cover that would hold several of those small blue ice packs for me.

She was a genius with a sewing machine. It was just one of her many talents!

Buddie

Post Number: 1682
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 5:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Healing energy for you SW .. I also suffer
from migraines and its been a very long
time (kow) since my last attack..I'm an ice
person myself..hurts like hell and actually
feels hot in the beginning but it numbs my head
so I can rest .. I may look into on of those
caps though .. Hi flux LS

Second Wind

Post Number: 2878
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 7:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, it's all better today.

I got brave, and took another Claritin today, and I did NOT get a headache. (TG!!)

So, I guess it was some other of the several possible factors.....like some emotional crying over movies, one of which triggered emotions from when my mom was dying; there was also weather issues, increased tree pollen, and a possible food issue.

However, I am just glad that the Claritin did not bother me today, because it sure does work to eliminate the allergies!!

Sal, I'll take a Cappuccino to go! I'll try to stop by later on!

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 724
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 8:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello SW and Buddie,,Glad to hear your head is better and that your meds work right.

A cap for an ice pack makes sense...My Mom could sew, knit, crochet up a storm.She was a real powerhouse.
An easy homemade heat/cold pack can be made by sewing closed a big tube sack full of rice.Add a tie or elastic to fit like a headband. This can frozen or heated in the microwave...

It's best to place it in a plastic sack in the freezer and a closed container in the microwave to avoid food odors. 2 lbs rice sack heats for 3 min on low.

Ice cold water in the ears for a severe headache is easier then soaking my head,,and there are some scientific studies somewhere about why that works.

I have a tall faucet in my bathrm..And my long standing neck problems from injuries don't bother me much unless I overdo,,overstress, do a lot of physical work.

When I am really hurting all over I take a bucket of snow or ice cold water into a steaming hot shower and bathrm. Whatever hurts get snow or a big cup of ice water..I scream,,I howl,,it works for muscle pain.

As you can imagine I tend to avoid this experience whenever possible...Sometimes I get stubborn and keep on with whatever I want to do until I am one miserable terror...or so i have been told

I use a little goldenseal tinture daily for allergies.And chew a little Ma-hung.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2882
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi, LS!

I do have one of those rice sock thingies!

I made it out an oversized "foot sock", the thick kind that has the rubber grips on the sole, then covered it with a piece of cotton flannel.

I have gotten used to the smell!

I used to have one that had I-don't-know-what inside it, peas or something! It was a gift. I literally wore it out, till it had holes in it. Interesting that I remember that it developed holes, but I don't remember what the stuff was that was inside it!!??

OK.....drops of ice cold water into the ears......I can try that at least in one ear. I have some kind of problem with my left ear.....eustachian tube dysfunction. I cannot tolerate water in that ear, and I have to be really careful with saline nasal washes. I cannot tilt my head towards the left when doing them, or water gets trapped in my ear.

You said:

"...Sometimes I get stubborn and keep on with whatever I want to do until I am one miserable terror"

Boy, do I hear that! I do the same thing.

It takes a lot of discipline, and some "tricks", to keep myself from compulsively staying at a task that I KNOW is going to put me in bed for days.

The other day, I put 2 music cassettes into my dual-cassette player, and allowed myself to work in the garden just long enough to hear both tapes.

It actually worked! I stopped when the tapes were finished, and rested for the rest of the day. Normally, I would have kept on compulsively until I would have been literally barely moving from exhaustion, and I would have been crippled for several days afterwards.

Part of why I do this, is because when I have a "window" of time when I am feeling well enough to get something done, I try to get as much as possible accomplished during that "window", because it could be - who knows? how long - before I will have another "window".

Well, Sal, I think I will have another cappuccino! Yours is the best! And I'll take one of those Godiva truffles to go with it! WHEE!!! That'll set me FREE!!!!

moonhowler

Post Number: 958
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 5:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

BUMP !!! Where is everybody? Sal? Oh, Sal? Just because I've been unable to drop in doesn't mean I don't care about all of you. Whatcha doin'? Everybody on vacation. Made a special trip over here just to see you guys and the place is vacant
and dark and scary when Sal is in the kitchen and I'm out here all alone.

Well, guess I'll find a blankie and a stuffie and take a nap. Give me a holler when somebody comes in, wouldja? Hope everybody's doing OK.

Inside every older person is a younger person... wondering what the hell happened!? Anon

Second Wind

Post Number: 3063
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 5:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

HI, MOONHOWLER!!!!

I have MISSED you!

I am feeling kinda fragile today, since it is the 9th anniversary of my Mother's death.

I often wonder if it will EVER stop hurting to recall, or if I will EVER stop missing her so much.

What would you like to eat or drink! Remember, here at Sal's, everything is good, it's all good FOR you, and I'm buying!

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 8632
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 6:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

that's nuts, yesterday was the one month anniversary of mom dying.
Amare et sapere vix deo conceditur

Second Wind

Post Number: 3064
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 6:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lord, fort, has it already been a month?

Yep, My mom died at 10:47 p.m. on April 28th, 2000.

You are in my thoughts, even more than usual!

Sit down, forti, and let's pass around the doobs and share a glass of whatever you like, in honor of Moms.

fortwynt

Post Number: 8635
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 6:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i just bought a 24 pack of "Dublin" Dr. Pepper (Dr. Pepper made with real sugar instead of HFCS), so let's crack those open...if you like Dr. Pepper that is...if not, I have some delicious white wine also.

And definitely don't forget the doob.

Second Wind

Post Number: 3066
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 7:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG! REAL Dr. Pepper!

Yes, we have talked about that before. I had said that I was going to order some, but I just never did.

But I remember "Real Dr. Pepper" very well, my friend!

Dr. P is the only "pop" or "soda" or "soft drink" I ever drink! Never have liked any other too much. The original Coca-Cola in the 50's and 60's was pretty good, but it never tasted as good to me as Dr. Pepper!

"Dr. Pepper at 10, 2 and 4!"

And somethin' special at 4:20!

(typos.....)

(Message edited by second_wind on April 28, 2009)

susi t
Username: just_visiting

Post Number: 3103
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 1:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i don't drink soda except for ginger ale when my tummy's upset. soda'll rot your guts out i tell you!
each of us can bring peace to this world by first making peace within ourselves.

`

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 792
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 5:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yawn, nice to see some folks in here today. It's a chilly 30 with freezing rain today,brr.
Just got the fire going and settled down with a cuppa coffee Latte..and my pipe is nicely stuffed.

Say,isn't that a Hooka on the top shelf over the bar? I happen to have a jar of smooth and tasty berry buds with me. Lets load up that 6 ft waterpipe and try her out.

Maybe we better ask Sal how much food he has on hand..Better to be prepared.

moonhowler

Post Number: 959
Posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 5:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Second Wind and Fortwynt - I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope you will feel a little better soon. I lost my Mom over 26 years ago and even to this day, I sometimes think to myself "Gee, I've got to remember to tell Mom about ... whatever it was that happened." Then I remember she's not on this Earth anymore, so I just have to tell her in my mind - or outloud if no one else is around. I think that even women who had bad relationships with their mothers always miss them when they pass on.
I raise a glass of fine red wine in remembrance of two wonderful women.
Lassen, it was 81 here today. Sorry you are still so cold up there.

Second Wind

Post Number: 3072
Posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 7:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for bringing the tasty bud, Lassen Sage! YUM-O!!! (As Rachel says!)

Susi, you are right.......I do notice that the Dr. Pepper makes my reflux much worse! I rarely drink more than 3 or 4 a week.

moon......I agree with you. My relationship with my mom was far from perfect, and she made a lot of mistakes when I was a kid and young adult. But she made up for those mistakes in her later years, and she stood by me when nobody else in my family did. I miss her so much, damnit.

I had two little messages from her today. They were both in the same advertising flyer that came in the mail box today!

I had been dreaming about her when I woke up, but I have been doing that a lot lately. And, of course, being April 28th, she was really on my mind.

When I got up, after putting the coffee on to brew, I went to check the mail. The advertising flyer was the only thing in the mail box.

It is kind of like those inserts in the Sunday paper that have all the manufacturers coupons; you know, kind of like a magazine, but much more flimsy.

This one had a bunch of smaller card inserts in it, for things line insurance and satellite TV.....

I came to the kitchen table with the insert, and tossed it down on the table. One of the card inserts slid out of the flyer, and slid across the table. It was a card advertising THIS NECKLACE!!!

Now, not only is it significant because of what it says, but Sapphires are my Mom's birthstone!

It made me smile, and tears came to my eyes, and I thought, "Is it just a coincidence, Mom, or are you saying hello?"

I sat quietly for a few moments, just listening for.....I don't know what.

So then, I kinda shrugged, reached for the flyer to flip through it. I looked at the front page, which was for Domino's Pizza. Then I turned the page, and the next insert was an advertisement for a local cafeteria-style restaurant.

Now, this place was my mother's FAVORITE place to eat!!! But it is not unusual for an ad for this place to be in these flyers. What WAS unusual was the fact that the coupon on the face of the ad was for a FREE SLICE OF MILLIONAIRE PIE!!! Well, you guessed it; that was her absolute favorite thing to have for dessert at this cafeteria!!!

At this point, I fully expected there to be a THIRD "message" in this flyer, because stuff happens in 3s.....but there wasn't anything else.

But that's ok! I BELIEVE that she got her messages across! The first one was her wish for me, and the second one was her confirmation that it really was HER!!!

So....here's to you, MOM! And say hello to all the other Mom's that are being missed so much!

moonhowler

Post Number: 960
Posted on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 6:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yep, and Mother's Day is rapidly approaching. I have no one to make dinner for, no family to sit around the table and talk while we fill our bellies. My son and Husband are just not us for any holidays, but especially not Mother's Day (so I don't do Father's day for hubby, but DO for son because HE has a son of his own now,only 2 years old.) On Saturday I'll go over to my son's house to see the grandson and daughter-in-law, and have some cash for her. She prefers cash to gifts. I was raised as a "present" person and would spend hours deciding on which present to give whom. My son and his family prefer cash - but I'm giving the grandson presents, at least for now. He has no idea of what cash is yet!
And I will miss my Mom on Sunday and probably end up sleeping all day. That's my new tactic for defeating depression - sleep away the day and there's no time to cry.
Anyway, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all who are mothers, and prayers and good thoughts to those who have lost their Moms. And if your kids don't remember you Sunday, just take heart that they WILL miss you one day.
I'm going to go practice sleeping now. Want to be in good shape for Sunday.
Blessings and hugs to all.

Second Wind

Post Number: 3126
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 7:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, blessings to you, Moon. I really understand where you are coming from!

I think we have the same family!

And yes, I have been practicing up on my (daytime) sleeping, too!

Today (Thursday) is the first day in a couple of weeks, at least, that I have been in a pretty good mood! I attribute that to the approaching full moon!

Sal, please pour a glass of magic elixr for Moon and me!

moonhowler

Post Number: 961
Posted on Friday, May 22, 2009 - 6:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

BUMP. Wherd'd everybody go?

Buddie

Post Number: 1869
Posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 6:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank You Sal :-)
Hi Moon

Second Wind

Post Number: 3161
Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 7:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, moon, where have YOU been????

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 847
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 2:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Howdy Moonhowler,Howdy SecondWind.Intense energy this wk, feels like I have a 40 lb backpack on...

Checking back in tonight..Looks like we keep the internet..A couple of little loans paid back.

I asked for worry free pot from the Spirit.. and have had a couple of great offers...An organic farmer I know is considering growing for Legal folks like me..

I've been struggling a bit,,,fighting pain and fatigue. Melting a little on these hotter days on mighty lean pot rations..Today I saw a friend and neighbor who is doing much better off of her pain meds and on Legal pot..her Husband fenced her yard and they posted it as Medical Marijuana.

She brought me a sample from her co-op,,excellent Humboldt,,skunky,,sticky,,fresh green hefty.

So I sold an extra drafting table,,,and 30 min,later I am ready to be pain free,,,soak in a tub and be mellow..

Second Wind

Post Number: 3167
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 5:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am glad for you, yet, I feel strong pangs of envy that border on resentment.

It seems as if I am experiencing some kind of karma or something. I am surrounded by two different neighbors who have the bud, but it seems that I cannot have any.

The other evening, I was out in my back yard moving the water sprinkler, and feeling pretty bad with considerable pain, and resulting depression and lack of energy.......

and all of a sudden, I smelled the sweet smell of bud coming from my next door neighbor's back yard.

It hurt my feelings so bad I cried.

Count your blessings, Lassen.....

I will also try to count mine, even though the relief of the bud does not seem to be in my cards, despite the mocking presence of it all around me.

"Oh, closely-guided plan, awaken in our hearts!"

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 848
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, SecondWind that totally sucks..Wish you were my neighbor..I think we might be great friends...That has been me in tears,,such a simple thing,,a plant that can be grown for health should be easily available to all who need it.I over paid for lousy weed last month,,and have been struggling to function..Fighting pain makes me cranky, fatigued and emotionally volatile. Not to mention that my brain works on weed..I like having a short term memory.

Finally I asked the Spirit, Universe,,my higher selves,,for WWW, Weed without worry..I said, If this really works, makes me functional,,then it has to be worry free for me...

Anyway, I had no idea this neighbor had switched to Weed...She has had so many surgeries,,I've been seeing her in casts for yrs..She looked really rough this winter, and withered this spring...Finally she is putting some muscle back on and walking easier..She walks her rescue greyhound and a hairy Russian retriever in the woods next to my home...And she is one of a few that I feel comfortable talking openly with about smoking weed...
I too, have gone without weed in a land of plenty...Had neighbors that smoked when I lived in Humboldt Co.on the Ca. coast lands,,,only they were much younger and I looked very straight in my Park uniform,,,SO THEY never offered,,,until yrs later when we met at the beach....sweet kids in their mid 20's,,me in my 40's...

WWW,,WEED WITHOUT WORRY is a mantra that I won't forget do daily. I went to bed with a smile and woke up relaxed. No dry heaves for breakfast.

And I was able to start writing and posting when I smoked last night. It's nice to be back.

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 851
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 6:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yawn

moonhowler

Post Number: 962
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 7:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm sick, y'all. No problem, just the usual stuff. My CFS/CFIDS/ME support group is doing a lot of stuff and I help out online when possible. With little energy and problems with cognition, the going is very slow. I haven't been here is a long time - and will probably be gone again for a while. Was asked to write a column for another patient support group site and accepted. Probably won't be able to keep up the pace, but at least I'm going to try.

I miss hearing about you guys and reading through the other topics. CRAPOLA. All I ever asked God for, for myself, was my health. With my health intact, I knew I could take care of everything. So what does he take away from me?

Buddie

Post Number: 1934
Posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 7:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hugs ladies I really do wish with
all my heart you had your health..
I'm kinda in my own bubble this past
month..with in that enclosure resides
what I consider real :-) Some of the
things I believe in are shared by the
over all culture where I live while
others are connected by specific areas
of thought and vibration.. I don't think
I want my bubble to become a cluster so
I'm keeping to myself lately

I'll be shaking it up in July when I
go home to visit my Family and listen
to lots of Good Ol' Cape Breton Fiddle
Music.. WHEEEEEEE hold your fire

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 886
Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 5:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Howdy Moonhowler, Staying close to home myself and keeping it simple. It's always one day at a time. I get so tired of running low on energy...really bad pun...I never imagined that I would slow down like this..

Buddie, Thanks for the kind thoughts...Have a great time in July.

Buddie

Post Number: 1941
Posted on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 4:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Secondwind.. this is Cord Lund's
(Truck got Stuck) brother..

Best Job I ever Had

:-) xo

Buddie

Post Number: 1951
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 1:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Sal (( HUGS ))
Would you make a fruit salad
with just grapes and fetta and
spinach and the avocado on the
side with your famous dressing?
Yuummmy :-)
Doc Watson

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 920
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 5:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, what ya got for melting down snot slime? My coffee just didn't do the trick...bleck Almost ready to go wander around in circles and water the yard..Or I might go take a nap..All 6 fur friends in residence are napping..And my partner conked out already...yawn Massive sleep wave approaching.. exits stage rightgrabs pipe and bag of jerky,runs out the door,\

Buddie

Post Number: 1956
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 7:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(( ))

moonhowler

Post Number: 963
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 6:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

BUMP - It's too darn hot. So . . . . BUMP

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 423
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 2:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

anybody else out there sleepless in the heat? how y'all been anyhow?

Second Wind

Post Number: 3297
Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 3:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi, moon and dakel.

I'm going through some kind of phase or something.

Buddie

Post Number: 1976
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm still feel'en vacation vibes
and need to mellow ..
I Love your taste in music Sal..
Kicks Ole Juke Nancy G

Buddie

Post Number: 1978
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think hes Handsome :-)

Second Wind

Post Number: 3310
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 7:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This cutie does it for me!

Nice version of a 60's classic!

Sal, get everyone whatever they want, on me.

Buddie

Post Number: 1991
Posted on Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 4:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tee Hee me too :-)

Never heard of Blaze Foley before

Geeze I put Sal to sleep .. poke poke --->

Buddie

Post Number: 1993
Posted on Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 5:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

poke ---> poke ------> Sal ?

He sings with his eyes closed
so did my Mom.. and would you
look at the ears..just like my Dads

Second Wind

Post Number: 3336
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 7:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

God help me, I have gotten hooked on "True Blood" on HBO.

The music in the series is killer.

This song was on the closing credits tonight. Crazy cool!

Death Trip

Buddie

Post Number: 2000
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dang Girl I love it :-)
Gonna check them out TXS..
Just read Townes Van Zandt died in 1997 :-(

Second Wind

Post Number: 3339
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 2:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, it is a really cool song, buddie! As soon as I heard it, I had to come to the computer to find out what/who it was.

And how about that amazing banjo solo!!!! WOW!

I didn't know that Townes had died.

Hey, Sal, can me and buddie have somethin' to eat and drink?

Whatchu want, buddie?

Buddie

Post Number: 2010
Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Sal..
I'll have a Schmirrnernof
Vodka Cooler today..Thanks

I swear this will make the grade!
my brother and I are always teasing
each other as to who turned the other
on to a new sound 1st.. he will be
Blowen Away
xxoo

Buddie

Post Number: 2011
Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW..Sure as heck if Kathy hears
this sound when she passes by
she'll drop in
This is Sals and its nice to see the
lights on again
I want Kathy to dance :-)

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm here, Buddie, and I'll dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S7F5rxPJAo

Whew! All that dancing made me tired. Sal, I need some refreshment! A big glass of Pinot Grigio and some fresh fruit-maybe some juicy PA peaches and strawberries,

I'm trying out veganism, don't you know, but i hate to give up my spirits!

We should have a little cheer up the forum party, maybe we can dress in togas or something, feed each other grrapes and all that.

Everyone seems so crabby and contentious lately, seems like almost every thread someone is spoiling for a fight.

Peace out, dudes, let's get this party going!
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Second Wind

Post Number: 3363
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 4:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Allright, you GO, Girl! "Sway with your bad self!!"

It's Safe To Dance!

I agree with you 100%, Kathy!

Not only on the Pinot Grigio, but on your observations about the forum.

Here you go, try a glass of Due' Uve'. It's a combination of Pinot Grigio and Savignion Blanc. It goes really well with fruit, cheeses, pasta, and, er, um, fish and chicken......

Sal, do you have an AM Radio? Melinda Leslie (and also, a cameo by Whitley!!!) is on C2C tonight!!!!

Buddie

Post Number: 2014
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 8:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ladies from Sal..

Ummm Due Uve I'll have to ask
the LCBO if its available?

Does Whitley still visit ..wish we could dance
Something to remember you by

Buddie

Post Number: 2031
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Honky Tonk

Buddie

Post Number: 2032
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 9:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Merle
Night Sal.. remember to water the Pets :-)

Buddie

Post Number: 2033
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gram & Emmy

Buddie

Post Number: 2035
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 12:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal I did it all for you Night

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nite,all. Peace out!
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

moonhowler

Post Number: 964
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 6:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just dropping in to say hello. Got sick, got behind on everything plus having problems with my ISP so will probably have to go on Earthlink. Signed up for AT&T/Bellsouth but they must have gotten bought out by Yahoo! because my research site on Yahoo! keeps getting me confused with AT&T. Crapola. Yet another problem to solve.
I'm tired of solving problems. It's too bloody hot down here. Now there are two tropical storms out there to worry about, but we've had none so far this season. I don't know which is worse. Putting up with the heat or worrying about storms. Decided I'm not going to worry about anything.
You guys who are able, go out and have some fun for me. Then come back and tell me all about it. Think I'm going to hibernate for a while.
Blessing to all, and good health.

fortwynt

Post Number: 9711
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 6:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

everyone is indeed looking to pick a fight.

things are coming to a head.

f*ck it, pour me a shot sal...you know what ole fort likes...

"be who you are and say what you feel, cause the ones who mind don't matter, and the ones who matter don't mind"- Dr. Seuss

Buddie

Post Number: 2051
Posted on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 6:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal ..
A chicken cesar salad please..
Fort said its on him and his
winning ticket :-)

I first heard Townes singing Dead Flowers..
It blew my mind..who is this person who
sings a Stones Song (should always read the
music liners) better than they do..turnes out
Townes wrote the song and many others..
That was 5 years ago.. I had forgotten about
this townes Van Zandt artist..well a few weeks
ago I remembered him and you tubed his name..
When I first seen him I was in awe..completely
spell bound my heart beating and a lump formed
in my throat..I was in PAIN..I have since
researched his short life he died at 52 just
like Hank W. someone who he thought he was the
ghost of..I don't think I'm obsessed Sal but
I did buy his Bio and a KUT FM university of
Texas CD interview..can't wait to get them
in the next few weeks..but I can't watch his
you tubes very often they create a hole in me
like when you loose a family loved one..this
is something I have never experienced before
feeling such pain stuff!!

Sal one for Fort..its on me the next time he drops in :-)

Buddie

Post Number: 2054
Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 9:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm stumbling along in a music
free for all WHEEEEEEEEEEEEee..
I don't have to read Album liners
with youtube :-)

Many writers ...
Steve Goodman

Buddie

Post Number: 2055
Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another writer..
Townes