Archive through June 06, 2009 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through June 06, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

blue
Advanced Member
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 500
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 9:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

p.s. fortwynt, the last part sounds like a jesus dream -- the whole concept of one's power being spread to another when killed and that power then being multiplied.

even tho one might tend to focus on the negative of the dream (people are chasing you a lot and then they catch you and you die -- big bummer -- no doubt) --the positive character you display in the dream shld confirm in you feelings of wellbeing and self-confidence (at least u wont be going to hell when u die).
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 2769
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 1:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fortwynt, I forgot to thank you for the nice comments you made about me above.

And, buddie, TY, as well!

Last night, I dreamed that one of my neighbors (it was the neighbor who used to live next door, but who sold her house last spring, and moved out of state) came to my house, and when she thought I wasn't looking, she threw water (from the bottle of water she was drinking on my computer keyboard.

I can't remember much else about it.

This is NOT the way she would have behaved in real life. She was very nice to me from almost the first day I moved into my house.

The only thing I can get from this seems so lame....which is "watered-down communications" or an attempt to short-circuit my ability to communicate by computer.

I don't understand why my mind would have used the symbol of that neighbor???

Oh, well....

Howl3r, that's cool to have a dream about wind surfing! Did it just literally come out of nowhere, or had you been thinking about it, or did you see something about it lately?

I wish I could have some dreams about pleasant stuff.....

Maybe I need to go back to the pre-sleep affirmations about having positive dreams, and not just affirming that I will remember my dreams! The ones I remember are either awful, or just to frikken weird.
"In the end, only kindness matters."

blue
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 503
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW wrote:
I wish I could have some dreams about pleasant stuff.....

Maybe I need to go back to the pre-sleep affirmations about having positive dreams, and not just affirming that I will remember my dreams! The ones I remember are either awful, or just to frikken weird.

i can so relate -- i find that getting up in a timely manner lessens the chances (for me) of horror type dreams which take place in a more familiar reality for me than most of my deep dreams. I think they occur in a type of sleep that is far more vulnerable to manipulation by/thru whatever means. I disregard most of them.

I think the lady in your dream is something you can know deep down inside. She may have simply represented 'neighbor you trust'. The water-downed communications via computer is a fantastic metaphor as well. If it rings true for you then that cld be it.

I try to counter-act these types of "thoughts" with the belief the my stuff/my place is just the way I have it/left it -- that regardless of what somebody else thinks they may have done -- in my reality -- they can only touch me so far as I let them.

The power of protection comes from within oneself. The power/energy which can come from one's own heart is immense. Feel oneself worthy of protection/grace and know that all work together to feed that strength.

It is the strength which some amerIndian warriors achieved when they cld fight on the battlefield and not be touched by arrow or bullet. We dance, chant, sing, generate sound and rhythm to generate our own force fields as well as the earth's -- to protect ourselves and our space. We can also help to generate protective force fields around others -- entire populations even.

anyway -- that's the way I look at it.

(Message edited by jennyblue on February 15, 2009)
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2775
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 3:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you for the insight, blue.

Thankfully, I did not remember any dreams today.

That is a pretty good observation about the different stages of sleep, and the different dreams depending on the stage.

I am not sure what you mean by getting up in a "timely" manner, though. I sleep until I either feel rested, or until my body begins to scream in pain, and will not let me sleep any longer. My sleep is very broken, due to both a sleep disorder, and to chronic pain.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Water is a universal symbol of your present life experience, conditions.

What is the first thing , SW, that you think about regarding your neighbor - what qualities does she have as a person?
Because, those might be either the qualities that you need or already have, that you can bring to your on-line/life expression.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2778
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 4:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the input, Mark.

Here are some more thoughts, some that occurred to me earlier today, and some that just now occurred:

As for the "universality" of water as a symbol, well, I don't accept theat dream symbols are always universal. I think that context must be considered. In other words, the way that water appeared in my dream (as a weapon, of sorts, or used as a weapon, anyway) would not mean the same thing as other appearances of water (like if I had been drinking water, or bathing or swimming, or washing something, etc.).

In "real life" I basically "trusted", this neighbor, at least, as much as is possible with a neighbor who was only an acquaintance. I didn't know her well at all, but as I mentioned, she was very nice and helpful to me on several occasions.

So, why would she show up in my dreams as someone pretended to be friendly (so that I would invite her inside) and then deliberately sabotaged my computer by pouring water on the keyboard?

Actually, the more I have thought about it, I keep going back to what I said above; I think she may have represented either a part of myself, and/or was a representation of someone else (maybe someone on the board, or/and members of my real family) who would like to "water down" or somehow limit my communications by computer.

This would apply both here on the board, and in email (and even verbal) communications with family.

In other words, it was a dream that indicates that someone I trust, but only know superficially, would prefer that I not communicate the things I do on the computer.

It obviously helps to post about dreams here! In the process of doing so, I came to a better understanding of what I think the dream was trying to say.

shedmyskin
Username: shedmyskin

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 9:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So I had another UFO related ream last night. The first one in almost a year. A year ago I was having them often. This one took place at the house I grew up in as all of the do. Except I am always the current age in my dream. The odd thing is that the house is and landscaping is always the same. Its always like it was when I was very young. You can tell by the trees or lack of them as it was a new subdivision.

In the dream me and some of my family are in the kitchen near a set of sliding glass doors. I notice 3 lights moving towards us(its night time). When it gets close the lights go away and suddenly two perfect spheres are there. One half the size of the other. They seem to be connected as well. It moves around changing angles and speeds. Everyone watches, my cousin who is always skeptical about things in real life says it must be a hologram someone is puting up into the sky off their roof. As soon as we go outside to the back deck it shoots off and goes away. I notice the neighbors outside having a party(a holloween costume party). I go over excited and say did you see that!?!? They all say yeah, that was pretty cool, never seen a comet before. I get real frustrated and start arguing with them about it.

Then suddenly I am flying alone through massive massive rows of power lines. I am gonig backwards and I am sitting, however there doesnt seem to be anything I'm sitting on. I get real scared in the dream then suddenly it switches to a roller coaster ride and I wake up and its 1:30am.

As usual it was very very vivid and I remember more or less every detail. Had a hard time going back to sleep after that because it was like I was all adrenalined up.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -George Washington

shedmyskin
Username: shedmyskin

Post Number: 1372
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ahhh ha!! well now I have figured out why my dream was damn strange!

I think it was the tamiflu I am taking....and now no longer taking. I was reading around online about the drug and the majority of people had had side effects. Three of them I have experienced after now just 2 days....well actually 4 side effects.

1st is severe Diarrhea
2nd itchy skin(not to bad though)
3rd is nausea (worse than the flu itself)
4th is WICKED bad dreams. A lot of people online are reporting some serious night terrors from this drug. I am not taking it again tonight. I feel like I'm in a daze all day it got worse today. Now I remember why I usually tough out being sick with no drugs and just some natural things that generally help health.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -George Washington

Second Wind

Post Number: 2780
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It seems like, more and more all the time, I am convinced that nearly ALL pharmaceuticals are THE DEVIL.

(Figuratively speaking, of course.)

erBinn
Advanced Member
Username: erbium

Post Number: 230
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 7:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

teeth....what does that symbolize?

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 8197
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, er...I don't really buy into the concept about dreams that says that certain things represent other things....i think every dream image or subject matter is very individual-specific in nature.

in other words, i dont believe teeth "symbolizes" anything except what the mind of the individual dreaming it may believe it symbolizes...or maybe it doesnt symbolize anything...sometimes teeth are just teeth, I think.

For instance...I dream about losing my teeth ALL THE TIME, like im talking at least two or three times a week i have dreams about losing my teeth....now, talk to one of these folks who ascribe specific meaning to certain dream "symbols" and they'd say "teeth symbolize strength, control", and "losing teeth" would thus symbolize "loss of control of ones life or etc"...

however, the truth is, I fear losing my teeth....especially teeth in the front uggg....i sort of obsess over it to be honest....so maybe losing teeth is just losing teeth.

funny thing is, in my dreams when i lose a tooth, or several (as is usually the case) i almost always grow a new one in its place.
You can't comfort the afflicted without afflicting the comfortable.

--Princess Diana of Wales

Second Wind

Post Number: 2791
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 4:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I agree. It's all about how the idea of losing your teeth makes YOU feel.

It can represent actual dental problems.

It can represent "losing face" or looking foolish, or losing the respect of others.

It can indicate financial loss or poverty.

It can indicate health problems, problems with nutrition.

It all depends on how YOU feel about it, both in the dream, and when you are awake and thinking about the dream.

fortwynt

Post Number: 8223
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 4:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

exactly

and i find more times than not, dream "symbology" results from how we "think" about the things we perceive while we are awake.

For instance, every time i look up I "want" to see a UFO, and then when I dream, and I look up, I in fact see UFO's and many of them...because I am trying really hard to see them when I am awake to the point that i almost IMAGINE i see them just for a second.

I always worry about not having enough money, so when I dream I am always finding lots of money laying around, yet upon closer inspection the money always turns out to be old money, unusable...interesting, but worthless.

I find shaving a constant irritation to me, it drives me nuts to have to shave my face all the time to achieve the look i wish to have (my skin is very sensitive, hard to shave without it hurting me), and in my dreams i have a long beard because in the waking world i see an endless growth of hair coming from my face...see?

Second Wind

Post Number: 2794
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There you go!

You are Very interesting, fortie!

--------

I have not remembered my dreams in the last several days. I have had VERY interrupted sleep, and have been woken by the phone almost every time I have gone to sleep in the last 3 days. When I am woken suddenly by a phone, or an alarm clock, or the doorbell, I always forget anything I was dreaming.

Maybe that's good. My dreams are just too weird.

Mark

Post Number: 1875
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Losing teeth: Dream source is telling you that it would be better if you didn't speak to others in a harsh manner.

like, Bite me.

Thank you for spelling losing right.
It's not "loosing", folks.

Lassen Sage
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 690
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Urg, one of the worst dreams is losing teeth..I would get that during stressful times, when I felt powerless.

Finally I got the thought to just put them back in and that took the bite out of those dreams.....I have spent a lot of time in a dentist chair...... I would also take this dream as warning to myself that I was feeling powerless in my waking life, and back off the stressful situation.

fortwynt

Post Number: 8275
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dreamed of the old school again. This time it wasn't quite so forboding. It was "graduation day", or that was the feeling I got. Much activity. One of the floors of the school had some students doing some type of hi-jinx, and a large amount of water was allowed to flow from the inside to the outside...a strong wave of water came out, I kept dropping my baby. Noticed that those who had graduated were now able to fly, and some were flying around in groups of twos and threes.

Also dreamed today I was back in my dad's old apostolic (pentacostal) church (where i was brought up)...i dont go to church now, so it was something of a rare visit for me. At some point I was overwhelmed with "the spirit" and approached the podium demanding that I be heard. The pastor backed away as if he saw something in my eyes that compelled him to take a couple of steps back....a voice proceeded to come out of my mouth that was mostly not my own...guided by my conscious mouth, but words provided mostly from "the spirit"....i cant remember quite what the message was, but something about how the churchgoers were straying from the true path and intentions of christ, and they were setting themselves up for destruction.

The church broke out in a frenzy....people attempting to corral me in and take me captive to silence me. I levitated up to the ceiling and continued to speak to them in my booming voice, they began resorting to throwing things at me. Soon it became too much and I escaped out into this vast elaborate building with many narrow corridors and hallways....i was being pursued....they werent happy that i was gone, they wanted to harm me or something else. I had to keep running (flying)...at some point I was approached and caught by a member of the church....I "knew" he had some really bad burns on his back and torso, even though at the time he had a suit on...somehow through this "power" i "commanded" him to remove his top and reveal his scars and burns and he did...I placed my hands on him, focused very intently and powerfully upon him...I began to shake, he began to shake violently....he backed off and continued shaking as if with electric current...collapsed upon his knees in the corner with his hands and forearms covering his face.....as he stood up, everyone around him realized that his burns and marks were indeed vanishing....and they stopped chasing me....woke up then.

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 703
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sounds like you rose above this painful past and healed the painful burns and scars of this experience. Some part of your past will chase you no more..

Powerful fortwynt

fortwynt

Post Number: 8299
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 2:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thank you for that lassen, it was a beautiful elaboration on my dream.

SW, anything to offer?

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1666
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 6:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a fun 'little' dream last night..
this boy brought me a handful of tiny
gold flecks..he said they were falling
to earth from rockets out in space..
anyway these gold flecks would move
around and breakdown into smaller pieces
and crawl up your arms..
if you held them cupped between your
hands you could feel them bouncing
around in there.. you had to shower
to remove them.. it was cool :-)

erBinn
Advanced Member

Post Number: 234
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 8:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thats funny Buddie,
In my dream last night...people were talking about radioactive particles...that were hitting
and transforming the earth....but in my heart I
knew it was transformative energy from The Creator.

wolfshadow
Username: wolfshadow

Post Number: 816
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 1:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream last night that half of my house completely cracked and fell and was laying on an angle?

Any ideas?
We are all in the same boat,going up the same creek without a paddle

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 2209
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

House divided?
It's always somethin'

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 711
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In a dream, a house represents your belief system...sounds like a crack in the cosmic egg...Something has expanded your belief system and you have a new open view,,new angle,new slant on something major..

wolfshadow

Post Number: 818
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sharon and LS actually both make sense because in a way the both hit the mark.

The house divided there has been some unrest between me and the mrs. lately

And the belief system I seem to question everything I've believe in latley.

Maybe I'm just in a funk

Buddie

Post Number: 1669
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 5:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

erBinn.. watcha do'en in my head ..
Exactly

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 9752
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 4:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I heard commotion outside my bedroom
window, which faces out to the street in
front of my house.(I'm dreaming, lol)..Okay, anyways...I see a familiar person out on my front lawn and its and old neighbor from when I lived over in the city. Traffic is piled up, sirens
everywhere...I saw major confusion and was afraid. I wanted to go out but was in that slow dream mode where ya can't move right, also I didn't really want to talk to my old neighbor. But the confusion got worse and I called out to her. She said that somehow she heard through her cell phone or something that traffic signals were being manipulated and contolled by unseen forces and there was major confusion everywhere. I said like what is it, a form of terrorism and she said she didn't know. Then
I woke up.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

erBinn
Advanced Member

Post Number: 236
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 7:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting Mama!

wolfshadow

Post Number: 901
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a very bizarre dream the other night I dreamnt that it was the end of the world and it was broadcast that those who wished to be saved needed to go towards the top of this mountain,when I got there people were waiting to get past these gates when a man asked what my name was,I told him and he says"you are already on the list and you don't need to wait"I was brought threw the gates to the top of the mountain where it was almost like dusk.Anyway at the top of the mountain there was a nice breeze with clouds around but I felt completely at ease.

I'm not a highly relegious person but it was one of those dreams where I woke up going what does this mean?

Any clues?

Buddie

Post Number: 1779
Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 5:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

WS it sounds like a nice dream :-)

I dreamed last night that the left
side of my upper gum was infected
and that thing that hangs down the
back of your throat was also infected..
Boy I was in pain..I wonder if I dreamed
this because I'm holding back commenting
on something in real life?
Even if your on the right track
you'll get run over if you just
sit there -- Will Rogers

Mark

Post Number: 1943
Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 7:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

that thing that hangs down the
back of your throat

...that would be the uvula.

Buddie

Post Number: 1781
Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Me and my freakish uvula ..
thank you Mark :-)
Even if your on the right track
you'll get run over if you just
sit there -- Will Rogers

fortwynt

Post Number: 8580
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 2:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

just dreamed i was at my mothers house at night, she was sitting n her chair on the porch...she apparently didn't know she had died...she kept getting very irritated with me, saying "oh just wake me up and leave me alone".

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 782
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 5:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, fort? Did you mean to write" oh just wake up and leave me alone"? Or was it as you wrote it?

Did you wake up with a feeling/tone/mood from the dream?

ariez
Username: ariezx51

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 5:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fort

My mother passed away in 1992 at the age of 59 (from cancer).
She's the only person that's died and later visited me, (no dream).

I had fallen asleep on the couch in the living room and slept through the night there--something I rarely did back then.
I woke up in the early morning, daylight by then, and my mother was standing in the living room about 6 feet from me. This was not like a ghostly encounter, she was as real as ever. She looked healthy and younger...say about 10 years or so. I guess you could say she looked vibrant. I set up on the couch kinda mesmerized. She gave me a smile, (no words), and what rushed through me is hard to describe. Best I can say is I felt the experiences of loving someone in about every role you can think of.... son and mother, mother to son, husband to wife, wife to husband, father to child, mother to child and so on...some roles that I have never experienced (in this life, anyway).
I can clearly remember the impact it had on me, but I can't actually duplicate the tremendous feeling I felt during this experience.
It could be argued that it was a dream but it simply wasn't...I was wide awake, everything around me was normal and, well, a person just knows...I have no doubts about it.

After this rush of emotions she was no longer there, but a residual feeling lingered for hours after-- maybe it could be said that something still lingers from that experience to this day.

This happened about 2 years after her death.
Through my adult life I have always believed there is an afterlife and this visit from my mother strengthened that belief beyond the slightest doubt.
She had a strong interest in the idea of living on and so did I. I'd say we shared thoughts on this with each other more than we did with anyone else.
It seems fitting that she would be the one to share this experience with.

I haven't seen her since, but that experience was so powerful it's as if another visit isn't really necessary. It was a real gift.

Second Wind

Post Number: 3047
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 6:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, fort. All I can say is, here is a big hug!

Why was she irritated with you?

Do you feel this was actually your mom, and that she really doesn't understand that she has died?

Or do you feel this was "just" a nightmare reflecting your own emotions?

ariez, your post made me cry!

My dreams lately have been all too understandable. I am dreaming every night about HVAC issues. (I am trying to make decisions about getting a new HVAC system, and it has just about done me in, trying to become an informed consumer!)

I want to get the decision made and get it over with, so I can quit thinking about it, and quit DREAMING about it! SHEESH.

fortwynt

Post Number: 8582
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen, strangely enough it was just as i described....almost like she might say "oh leave me alone and let me go to sleep", it was kind of the opposite...make any sense?

Ariez...that is completely amazing :-)

SW, not sure...my mom could be quite irritated/irritable at the drop of a hat (i have no problem admitting that lol)...as much as she struggled in life and fought back death (or so it seemed) it wouldnt surprise me if she didnt really understand she was really dead....hell, i forget most of the time myself and i saw the body for like 2 hours.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 9918
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 4:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

((hugs)) Fort

Ariez, thank you.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

ariez
Username: ariezx51

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 11:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you Mama and Second Wind and Fort,

I didn't think that I had spoken about that experience, so it seemed like a good time to share it. A special one for sure..

Bob Friedman
Username: bobufo

Post Number: 3089
Posted on Monday, April 27, 2009 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

anyone have lucid dreams? last night I was floating above the ocean at night, completely relaxed, and knowing it. I didn't want to wake up, and knew that if i focused on a certain geometric object below me, I would remain in that state longer. I was really relaxed. Then I realized that I needed to REALLY relax, and let go!
I had no fear of falling, and I was light and FREE! maybe it was an O.B.E.
"it's the cracked ones
that let the light in"

fortwynt

Post Number: 8625
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

absolutely bob, i have spent literally years and years having lucid dreams...i have the opposite thing happen to me...if i find myself "waking up", or the dream reality fading out, i "wiggle my eyes" and look around from place to place fast, and the dream "solidifies" back, but if i stare at an object intently, it will bring me out of it.
Amare et sapere vix deo conceditur

susi t
Username: just_visiting

Post Number: 3102
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

bob

i've had falling dreams (off the top of a skyscraper or from space) and at first i'm panicked but then i say, 'it's a dream-i don't have to die, i'll just float down gently'. and right before i hit the ground, i softely waft to the ground.

i've had many others where i knew i was dreaming.
each of us can bring peace to this world by first making peace within ourselves.

`

susi t

Post Number: 3452
Posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 8:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

something about the potomoc. i think i was told to be there tomorrow (today) or in 2 days. something important.
i would never die for my beliefs because i might be wrong.

-bertrand russell

`

wolfshadow

Post Number: 1051
Posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 3:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi do you mean the Potomoc river by chance??

wolfshadow

Post Number: 1053
Posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 3:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi if it is the Potomac river I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was on a plane that was flying over it when all of the sudden it flipped over on it's back and crashed in the river.

susi t

Post Number: 3460
Posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 4:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh, hey, i just got back to this thread. as soon as i woke up i typed that in so i wouldn't forget. which i already did. :-)

i think it was the river.

i 'heard' the word potomoc. then i 'heard' i would be there tomorrow or maybe in 2 days. then i felt it was important.

i always record people or places names.

a few years ago i woke up and 'heard' the word honshu. had no idea what it was. posted it and i think it was mark, said it was a japanese island. later they had a huge earthquake.

so, we'll just have to see if it pops up in the news.

-bertrand russell

`

bean
Username: tina

Post Number: 787
Posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...Just don't decide to FLY there!

susi t

Post Number: 3465
Posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i don't fly anymore. hate flying.

-bertrand russell

`

Buddie

Post Number: 1850
Posted on Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love when I fly in my dreams..
the last one was at a ballgame

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 839
Posted on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I woke with a phrase in my mind..As I let dogs out and cats in I repeated it so that I could write it down.

True Inner Meaning of the Unified Life was what I wrote down,,,and when I did I recalled the dream that I awoke from.

I was in a small power boat..Standing in the hatch looking back just below the driver...who was a woman.

As I was literally just under her breasts, I considered relocating..About that time I looked around and realized that we were out in the Ocean with no land in sight...And then I saw a good sized wave to the side and we easily crested it,,,and then another..And I felt totally safe...me who never goes out on the Ocean.

Ocean sounds like emotion and I always associate water with emotions...So I figure this was my Higher Feminine Self Guide,,,guiding me into my emotions....

Most of my Guides have been Masculine....I found my Feminine Guides overwhelming,,, awesomely powerful...intimidating.... However I have been asking to remember my dreams for a while with little results,,,until last night when I asked to work with my Feminine Higher Self/Guides.

Buddie

Post Number: 1855
Posted on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 6:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen I'm very happy for you
that your connecting this way..
I feel this dream shines..
what ever that means..
I have a guide who meets me in
dream time also and figuring out
the messages is getting easier..
though some only filter through
in hind sight .. sheesh all in
good time I guess

Sofia
Intermediate Member
Username: merovee

Post Number: 195
Posted on Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 1:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I keep having nightmares. Really weird ones. I keep dreaming about snakes. Last night I was finally confronted with one striking and grabbed it by the neck and knocked its fangs out.

In this same dream the whole US was on lockdown, and nobody could go anywhere. I was desperately trying to leave this university I was stuck at. There were military forces there keeping us from leaving. All the reads were blockaded.

All of my dreams feature transportation problems...

The night before that I dreamt about some type of plane crash in high snowy mountains. I was just watching this, not a character in the dream. Just a small plane with one family aboard. The little girl ended up eating her dead brother, and parents waiting to be rescued. I got the impression they were never rescued...this was really disturbing because I was forced to watch it in all its goryness.

The week before I dreamt about giant pigeons, so big they were dangerous. They were big as horses. In this dream I went hiking into a valley, and realize there were snakes in the grass, lots of them. I tried to deal with it, and the father I went into the valley the more threatening it became. Finally I noticed one chasing me, and woke up.

The night after that I dreamt I drove my car way out in the countryside and got out and tied to walk back.

I also dreamt about alternate realities, where I lived in different houses, with the same family members.

fortwynt

Post Number: 9042
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 5:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dreamed I was driving, noticed a strange star pattern...strange in its pattern and strange because it was during the day. Decided to pull off the road at the local grocery store, but found there were cars blocking the entrance, and the parking lot was rather jumbled up...so i pulled on as best as I could, and got out of the car, wanted to take a video of this "star pattern" with my phone if possible...noticed others looking up....something odd, people were taking their groceries back into the store and mumbling something I couldn't quite make out, gave me the impression that they were being "controlled" to do this for some reason.

Looked up again a moment later, and there were dark clouds grouped together, appeared they were on fire, and expanding outward rapidly as if in explosion of some sort or interaction with the atmosphere....

Then noticed objects coming out of the clouds, as they grew closer i realized they looked like space shuttles...and as they grew closer still, I realized they were attempting to dive bomb into me....I managed to dodge one....something in my head told me that I was strong enough to grab them and throw them out of my way...as I attemped to do this, to my horror, I noticed they weren't ships at all, but sharks....mouths gaping with razor sharp teeth....

Second Wind

Post Number: 3168
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 6:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Seems that many of us are in a nightmare or, at minimum, bizarre dream cycle.

Same here......

My dreams last night involved an "Eyes Wide Shut" element, even to include Nicole Kidman, for God's sake!

These, bizarre, movie-like dreams that seem to come from nowhere (paychologically speaking) are the ones that stump me......to say the least.

...but I see no point in elaborating......

"Oh, closely-guided plan, awaken in our hearts!"

fortwynt

Post Number: 9046
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 6:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Perhaps my attempt to focus in and record/analyze the bizarre "star patterns", represents me attempting to self-analyze bizarre thoughts in my head, which seem to come from a "fire in the sky" (mental fire), and which seem to me to be controllable, but when they finally arrive, threaten to consume me with sharp teeth.

As for the citizens taking their food back into the stores, perhaps they are attempting to tell me "pay no mind to the bizarre thoughts, just do what they tell you", or in other words "take these thoughts back inside, against your better judgement".

(Message edited by fortwynt on May 29, 2009)

Second Wind

Post Number: 3174
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 7:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You are getting good at interpreting your dreams, fort.

And just what are the bizarre thoughts in your head?????

Sofia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 198
Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Whoa! I wen to sleep at about midnight last night. Before I went to sleep I had gotten two odd phone calls, from an unknown number; I never answer these. I am a massage therapist and anybody who would call from an unknown number, let alone at 11pm is most likely a perv.

I had some negative thoughts while going to sleep pertaining to some negative session I had with someone who turned out to be psycho, tried to take advantage of me and harassed me afterwards. That incident happened mainly because I wasn't as cautious as I shouldn't have been and let someone who claimed to be another therapist come to my home for a 'trade'. I actually tried to back out of it when he claimed his house wasn't a good place to do it(I actually feel safer doing it elsewhere because I can scope out the feel of the situation) he accused me of being scared, or prejudice somehow, and I was manipulated by not wanting to be judged. I know better now. I am fortunate the outcome wasn't a lot worse. I even went so far as to write the guys name down on a paper with the note that if something happens to me to investigate that man. He was acting like I was the long lost love of his life-it wasn't just a physical thing to him, he really believed that I would be his wife. I went along with it because I didn't know if he would be violent, and lied to him telling him we could be friends, and that I was just overwhelmed. I got him to stop and leave. The first time he called back afterwards I let him know that I thought about it and I didn't want to have any contact with him. He responded by saying that I would eventually see that I was meant to be his wife...really really psychopathic stuff.
I had visions of him stalking me, but I haven't gotten any calls that I can show are him, and look over my shoulder a lot. I don't think I am being stalked. I have no regular schedule so I think I would be hard to stalk. I drive a lot for appointments, and take shortcuts through residential mazes sometimes.

I got up and locked all the deadbolts and went to sleep.

I have been pretty depressed lately, and isolated feeling. Not a lot of friends here.

I struggled to wake up, or should I say woke up struggling at about 1:30am.
I was having a bizarre dream. I can't remember much about it except that there was some weird noise I was listening to in the dream. It was like a recording of some strange frequencies. Part of it was a deep humming which was overlaid with a sound like somebody scratching on my front door, or was it something being dragged across the floor. In the dream I was told this recording was something that worked as a beacon, to draw ufo's towards it. I was scared, I couldn't wake up, and got stuck in this weird in between state for a while where I was convinced a psycho was trying to get in through my window. I was awake and I swear I heard all sorts of weird stuff, but couldn't get my eyes to open or my body to move. It felt like I was paralyzed. I wanted so bad to wake up and stop them, and had thoughts of calling 911. I was making strange noises, and was laying face down on the bed. At one point it sounded like I was chanting, making very low noises, but also muffled cries of alarm. I finally got my eyes open, and the noise I thought I heard of a heavy grating at my door stopped, I did detect a humming noise like an engine from outside, but it took me a long time to get up and look out the window. I thought maybe the train had confused me. For a second I thought I sa lights in the window, and flashes of blue light in the dark in my eyes. My eyes kept going out of focus. I was sweating and my heart was pounding. I was nauseous. My eyes kept wanting to roll backwards and I had to fight the urge to pass out. I tried to remember what the dream was really about. I checked the phone and no more calls since I had drifted off.

I drank some water and managed to have an uneventful sleep, but I shut my alarm off and slept all morning, because I didn't feel rested.

Second Wind

Post Number: 3184
Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG, what a horrific experience! I can relate, though.

I really, REALLY can.

Sofia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 199
Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 3:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the incident I was referring to happened three weeks ago.

The dream I had was last night.
I think perhaps the dreams about snakes chasing me were about the earlier incident.

But I think the one from last night was something else.

Second Wind

Post Number: 3188
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 4:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was actually referring more specifically to last night's "dream" experience, in terms of saying that I can relate.

I would be very interested to hear what you think the "dream experience" was all about?

Are medications or any other substances completely ruled out?

Sofia
Advanced Member

Post Number: 201
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Um no drugs, no drinking that night. Unless you count queso with habanero sauce as a mind altering substance. I take zyrtec EVERY DAY, have for years. I also take Birth Control Pills, I have every day for years for ovarian cysts(WORKED GREAT, but gives me migraines I think).

I was thinking it was interesting about the 'beacon' idea. I don't think that particular dream was symbolic. But, it is possible that I was agitated more than usual when I went to sleep, by those unknown callers. I actually had something that felt like a premonition about trying to fight that psycho in my bed in the dark. I even thought about bringing a weapon up into my loft, but just locked the door, which I found odd that I forgot to do in the first place.

So maybe it was that fear
But the content was significant.

The noise was strange. It was a bunch of tones layered over each other. I think as I was waking I became confused about what was really going on.
I think I was definitely in an altered state, and it wasn't a normal dream.

I kept thinking I was awake, and realizing, no this isn't it yet, and having to fight to open my eyes. It was odd how I was hearing all sorts of stuff going on. Really sounded like someone was was the door only a few feet from my head. I sleep on a wooden loft.

buddie

Post Number: 1892
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 6:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I dreamed I had a white
energy that flowed from my stomach
and out through the top of my head..
Once it did leave from my head this
experience startled me and I awoke
shortly after.. I don't know if 'I' was
the energy but it entered into a larger
pool of energy..it didn't just hang
around in my bedroom..I know that part
and thats what startled me awake..so
maybe it was me
I do connect with energies and thought
perhaps thats what this was..some other
energy.. anyway it was white and freedom
feeling so I think thats a good thing :-)

buddie

Post Number: 1893
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 6:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sofia.. your description of that dream
really clicks with me.. I dislike when
I'm in one of those !!! I have not been
in one for about 2 years .. but boy I
can feel it simply from reading your post.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 4691
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cool buddie. Did you have any sense of movement of your consciousness with the white energy?

buddie

Post Number: 1895
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 4:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC do you mean like some moment
of insight? well not exactly..
perhaps down the road..I'm given
to not 'noodeling' to death this
type of thing..not that I'm lazy
I'v just grown to know how this
part of me works and if something
is to reveal itself to me it will.
I was amazed how it simply kept
on going out through my head though :-)

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4692
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think what i meant to ask was whether it felt like your essence was going up through the head. I know that when I'm leaving my body for an OBE, I can feel my self moving up and exiting. But I've also had lots of experience lately with just feeling the energy flow strongly from the base of the spine through the sacral chakra and straight on up to the crown. And that often happens when I am very relaxed when I wake in the middle of the night. It's always a very cool feeling for me and it often puts me into a state of "no thought," where I can enjoy just "being." If you haven't felt this kind of energy flow before it may be that you've had a big block in the lower chakras break up recently and that's letting more and more energy flow through the system.

buddie

Post Number: 1896
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 2:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC that very well could be..the blockage
I mean..that was the thing I felt no essence
change and that led me to wonder if it was
me having an OBE or was it pure energy flowing freely..
I always thought if you had an OBE you would probably
end up on or ner the ceiling :-)
This was not like that. I felt a vastness just after it
exiting my head and that startled me awake in the physical..

Thank you for telling me about your energy experience
it does sound similar.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4693
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 4:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,
I don't always have the classic exit symptoms with an OBE. Sometimes I just click out and I perceive me being in a different place. It sounds to me like that wonderful feeling of vastness was you entering a higher spiritual state where your ego isn't the one in charge. Hard to describe, but when it happens to me, I feel like I am inhabiting a larger "me" that my more limited ego would prefer to ignore.

Second Wind

Post Number: 3193
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 8:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sofia, thanks for sharing more about this weird "dream".

Again, I really do identify.

Creepy.

buddie

Post Number: 1903
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC..months ago I had a dream that felt
similar..I was going somewhere willingly
with a dream entity and as I reached out
to take hold of their (can't remember
now if I saw a male or female) hand..
I was overcome with sorrow and could not
do it.. I woke up then..I did not want to
leave 'Me ?? is that Ego' behind..
so perhaps this last one could be connected..
thats what I thought when I was more awake.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4695
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 4:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting, Buddie. I went through a short period of absolute terror when my ego had a hissy fit that she didn't want to die. I think that we are so conditioned to limit our conscious perceptions to that of the ego, that when the ego starts losing a little control, there can be a backlash. My ego is still quite alive and kicking, but I do have some wonderful moments where I experience being more than just that. It's hard to describe but I think you've been there as well. One of the things that I do know is that if I go too long without some kind of experience or contact outside of the ego and in the spirit or soul, I get quite sad. A bit like having to leave someplace quite wonderful. I also know that every time I find myself out of body I am tremendously happy. It feels so much better.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4696
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 4:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've been having lots of dreams about my ex husband lately. I'm convinced that he and I get together in the dream state to somehow hash out our karma. It would be interesting to see if he remembers any of it, but we havent' had contact for 25 years so that won't happen.

buddie

Post Number: 1909
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 8:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes I know what you mean SC
such a lovely place..and I also
wonder about those X dreams but
did not quite look at them as
hashing out karma yet nothing
else makes sense..Boy I had a
lot of those with my Dad after
he passed..and I would not change
a thing I don't think..we had a
very incredible journey lasting
over a 2 year span before his last
drop in..Only then did he move on :-)

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4697
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 8:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow. The problem that I have with the X husband dreams is that they all seem to be sort of a "Groundhog Day" repetition of the same old stuff. I still loved him even though I knew that I needed to leave him and most of the dream scenerios involve making that choice to go. Relationships sometimes make no sense. Next time I'm gonna be a priest or a nun. I've had many dreams about my dad. Most of them situations where he comes back, we all know he's dead and has to leave again but we get to talk.

buddie

Post Number: 1910
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mine are that I'm walking alone
and upset and he always drives
past me .. Jesus