Archive through February 24, 2009 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through February 24, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 940
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 5:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW and all - I wrote a long post, but it got lost. Will re-do later, or maybe this will suffice. Thank you for your concern and prayers, and thanks, buddie, for the music.

I have to wait 6 months and have another MRI done. The tumor is still there, and so is the fluid. Doc not too worried, but I'll need follow-up for a long time.

I am in pain right now and exhausted, so have to go back to bed. I am so frustrated that I lost that long post I could scream.

Blessing, love & hugs to all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inside every older person is a younger person... wondering what the hell happened!? Anon

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 2353
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 3:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, moon! I know how frustrating and maddening it is to compose a long post and lose it!

90% of the time now, I compose my posts in Notepad first, and then copy and paste to the board. However, I get lazy and/or forget to do that once in a while, and lose another post.

Thank you for coming on to let us know how it went. I hope you will recompose the post, and tell us more details....if you feel up to it, and if you want to share more.

I don't have a brain tumor (that I know of), but I do completely understand the being in pain and being exhausted.

Again, thank you for checking in. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sal, I'll have a quick cappuccino......then I, too, am off to go lay down.

Hugs everybody!
"In the end, only kindness matters."

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 7449
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 3:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ahhh so yer not gonna reply to my comment in the mk thread sw? just kidding, take your time.
You can't comfort the afflicted without afflicting the comfortable.

--Princess Diana of Wales

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 9162
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 9:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, Give me the "paranoia special",
surprise me.

Ambles over and hugs the stuffies,
fluffs up the blankies and throws
a log on the fire.

Little holiday music from New Orleans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmvqnSAQHQk
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1383
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mak'en christmas cookies with sal..
hears Louie,runs from kitchen and
snuggles with Mamas.. AWESOME

Lassen Sage
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 568
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 5:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brr Sal, theres a draft in the inner demential doorway, maybe I am just not that demented tonight.

Wandering the ethers beats traveling the earthly pathways tonight, through those freezing snowstorms.

Tonight it is merely freezing and snowing, much warmer the the 20 degrees below freezing of last night. Gee that's funny it doesn't feel warmer.

I could use some anti-freeze, how about a round of hot butter rums to start? And a big bowl of chicken and dumplings,Sal.

Buddie

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Coming right up LS..
Sal has something for us to watch..
As a kid growing up in Nova Scotia
I did see lots of pale green and
white colours.. still makes my hair
stand up Aurora B

Second Wind

Post Number: 2361
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 2:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The ONE time I was ever able to get my mother to talk about UFOs without her ridiculing the subject, then getting angry and changing the subject....I told her that if she had ever actually seen one, she might feel differently.

She retorted (almost despite herself) that she HAD seen one.

I asked her what it looked like, and she flippantly said, "It just looked like a kaleidescope in the sky; kinda like the Aurora Borealis."

I asked why she had never told me about it, especially as many times as I had tried to talk to her about my own experiences.

Her response was to say "What's the point?" and then to change the subject.

Sal, what do you have to calm butterflies in the tummy?

moonhowler

Post Number: 941
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 5:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

'TIS the season to be jolly !! Bah humbug. Feel really stinky for you poor folk up in the Northern climes with all the snow and blizzards. I sincerely mean that, not trying to be rubbing it in, in any manner.

It's been cool down here lately and we've had to put on the reverse cycle to take the chill out of the house. Houses in South Florida have almost no insulation, and though block houses stand up decently in hurricanes, they do not keep one warm in winter. In the old days we mostly used kerosene heaters, even in those houses that had a real fireplace. Gotta get dressed for school either in the kitchen by the oven, in front of the fireplace or to which ever room had the kerosene heater for the night. But people in their right mind did not leave any of these "fires" unattended at night. We either put them out, or if it were too cold someone would have to stay up all night keeping an eye out to make sure the place didn't burn down. The CBS blocks don't burn but everything else in the house would go up.

Yep, buttered rum sounds good about now.

Happy Holidays to everyone, no matter which one you are celebrating.
Inside every older person is a younger person... wondering what the hell happened!? Anon

moonhowler

Post Number: 943
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 5:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK, already. It's Dec. 29. I'm here all alone and blue. Even Sal has taken off, but left the key under the mat.

h...e...l...p... I'm slip-slidng away.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2377
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 9:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Slip-sliding Away

I don't know how much consolation it will be, but I understand your mood, moonhowler.

A winter's day in a deep and dark December; I am alone...

Sal, I think I'll have my favorite hot drink winter, an Irish Coffee.

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 587
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Greeting Moonhowler and Second Wind..

It's Sunny here today and I have about 3 ft of slushy snow to wade through in my driveway. Looks like we are going to have enough warm weather to melt down this snow.

I'm catching a ride to the store for a few things today..So I don't have to get the driveway plowed...Just have to wade out and back in.......

Not a big deal,but I haven't been out in a while so this was enough to keep me from sleeping..take a nap when I get back..and have my Irish coffee then as a nightcap..or would it be a daycap?

We didn't do anything for Christmas, all the Kids and Grandkids were gone to visit other relatives.

It's Ok, we had a big gathering last year. We might be able to handle that every once in a while. This year it was a relief to just keep it simple and easy.

We got a grand total of two cards, but we didn't send out any! Which is typical for me.

Mostly we have been catching up on old episodes of " Twin Peaks", and "Arrested Development".

Thats all the excitement around here.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2382
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 1:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi, Lassen Sage.

Twin Peaks was a truly twisted series, and so, so good.

Where are they running re-runs?

I haven't looked at my TV guide.....

I hope your trek into town is safe and as stress-free as possible!

moonhowler

Post Number: 944
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 6:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the music SW. Don't feel so alone now. How about letting me join you with some Irish coffee?

Sorry, Lassen, that you had to wade out and wade back in. Please say you didn't get any of the really awful flooding that's been going on around the country.

I'm trying to post a photo of my grandson, but can't figure out how to do it. Later today I'm going over to "sit on the baby" while my dhtr-in-law goes to court on traffic ticket. I like to babysit. It gives me some alone time with Steve and I can actually read to him and hold him in my lap. With Mom and Dad around he's always wanting to play and won't sit still. I play, too, but it's not the same as holding him on my lap. He will be 2 in February, so there' not too many years of "sitting in Grandmaw's lap" ahead. Gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Nightey nite!

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 595
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 7:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Second Wind, I watch on-line at hulu.com and blinkx old episodes of TV shows. CBS.com has full episodes of Twin Peaks. Scifi.com has a few shows. ABC.com full episode player won't work for me.

moonhowler, no floods here, just slushy snow when the sun shines and ice at night if it gets down to freezing.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2420
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 6:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen, yeah, I have trouble with the ABC player too.

Hugs, everybody.

Buddie

Post Number: 1472
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 7:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

For Sal and Moon and SW and Lessen
Plugs a plug in ole Juke..Waxy
got me think'en off this..enjoy

(Message edited by buddie on January 08, 2009)

Second Wind

Post Number: 2441
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 3:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, buddie....they are two of my favorite wimmins!!

Thanks for that!

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 610
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 6:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks ,buddie...Bonnie Raitt is unique...

moonhowler

Post Number: 949
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 6:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, thanks Buddie. How thoughtful. They sound really great together.

Wanted to share with you the fact that the peacocks are back this year. I was so afraid somebody called animal control on them. Yeah, they squawk a lot at night sometimes, but are so beautiful to see strutting down the sidewalk or street. Wonder if they've added to the family this year? Last time there was Momma, Poppa and what appeared to be a little son. The grass is terribly dry, so the bug-pickin's are terrific. But we could use a little rain so we don't go drought come spring. Besides, after a rain, the peacocks preen and spread their beautiful tails - well, Momma's isn't all that beautiful, but still she preens and squawks. Ah, the wonders of nature in the middle of a large city. Amazing.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2445
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 6:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think peacocks are really neat critters! There were some that lived close to where I used to live (2 years ago), and I actually loved their calls, and was never really bothered by them.

But, they lived about a block away, so they were not close enough to be a noise problem to me.

Hope you are doing as well as could be expected!

moonhowler

Post Number: 950
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 6:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't mind their calls, either. But a flock of them COULD become a problem for some folks - old fuddy-duddies. Janet Reno (before she was Attorney General) had a flock on her property in South Miami-Dade and her neighbors were always complaining. Crap, there was/is (haven't been down that way in a long while) so much land there no one should have been bothered. Twas the rich folk who complained. Janet's mother made, with her own hands, the Old Florida-style house Janet lives in and it isn't all fanciful like the mansions around her. But she has a good chunk of land, bought in the 1920's, so it was not expensive at the time. Wish my Grandaddy had had some foresight and bought up some more land. He bought in the city, and in the 60's HUD condemned that house and put 4 duplexes on the double lot. There was nothing structurally wrong with the house. City wanted the land for "low income" rental. Now that land is worth a bundle, but the folks who live there won't give it up. When Granddaddy & Nannie lived there, it was middle class and typically Floridian. God, how I loved that old house, not to mention the one I grew up in down the street from it. So much for immanent domain ! !

Thanks for inquiring re health. I'm "the same", but made it through the holidays. Just so disgusted with having no energy and being so exhausted all the time. Crap, crap, crap. But life goes on, and there's always the grandson to look forward to seeing. He'll be 2 in February.

Son's home was broken into, but the perp was caught because one of his neighbors saw the perp breaking in and called police. All son's family belongings were piled in the kitchen ready to go out the door when the perp spotted the cops pulling in the driveway. He made a hasty retreat and broke out the bedroom window on the other side of the house in an effort to evade cops. HA ! They caught him two blocks over after a foot chase.

Onward, upward and all that B.S. Hope everyone else is doing OK, not got the January let-downs.

moonhowler

Post Number: 953
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 6:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

. .. . . . . . . . BUMP . . . . . . . . . . . .

Where is everyone?

Second Wind

Post Number: 2643
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi, moon! How you feelin'?

Sal, I need a "chill pill", and some hot cocoa, please. And would you throw another log on the fire? I'm freeeeezing!

Buddie

Post Number: 1547
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 9:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lovely to see you Moon

Mama Shine

Post Number: 9535
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 8:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal,

Started to go here but
sorta seemed wierd....now, in my
fantasy life..cool, but real
life..dunno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66xHjjBxJfQ

Fix me a club sandwich please, gonna go
check the Stuffies.

moonhowler

Post Number: 954
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 6:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello to all present. Thanks for the song, Buddie. Cold down here in sunny South Florida for the next couple days. No snow down here, but the wind likes to kick-up and make it seem colder. Why, some folks actually wear furs (faux of course!) down here.

Think I'll have some tomato soup made with milk and a grille cheese with an Irish coffee.

Buddie

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Moon, Sal..feels comfy in here
with the fire roaring and the smell
of popcorn..
Puts a nickle in Ole juke..Heres
one for my XMan..Boy I still love
this song..we had many fun times
singing it together :-)
Don't toss us away

PS nobody tossed we still remain friends
Just feel'en vulnerable and sniffie tonight..

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 650
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yawning, running on a short 4 hrs of sleep....Woke up with chores in my head, dang annoying 11 am wakeup...Sure enough by the time I stumble from the bathrm there is a phone call from my Care Provider...and lo and behold,,,it is the same list of chores...

Joe and I share a wavelength. I might as well call it that,.and it's kind of crazy at times.

He asks me not to think to hard about him....And I wish he did not think so hard about what chores he needs to do for me.

And I have an awful time if he is hungry, so I fed him twice today. He works another job at a little local cafe....Because he feels good about feeding people, he tends to work some food service jobs....Do you think he feels hunger in people?,,,,I am sure that he does.

I wonder if people who just cannot stop eating,are feeling that endless hunger feeling from the unfed masses? Puts another slant on obesity, doesn't it?

Of course I also wonder if it is the body's way of dealing with containing the toxicity of all the non-food we consume.

Thanks to Joe I am happily consuming a charming local micro-brew of Black Butte Obsidian stout for a nightcap. Thick,almost black, creamy 3 inch foam...I loves my fermented grains in the wintertime...Most be some Viking in my German bloodlines, or the Russian. Keeps me civil and my tummy happy. Just so perfect with a good sandwich of salami/sharp cheddar toasted on rye brad with creamy horseradish/hot mustard...... And so giving thanks to MotherEarth and whatever creature salami is for tasting so good. Good Grok..ummm

It's dang good to be 53 and uncensored..haha Major payoff for being older. I am finally comfortable with myself.

So with a little happy horde of Smokin' Little Purple Pixies to keep me and some Christian brothers company...I will check the woodstove, count the cats and go to sleep.

What a wonder to be alive...To be successful at life, keep breathing. Everything else is optional,

Second Wind

Post Number: 2763
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 3:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, I am so glad to see the lights on....

Lassen Sage, I read your post above right after you posted it. But I guess I must have been in some kind of head space that I couldn't respond.

Tonight, I am reacting to the plane crash, and I felt I better come here to vent, because I was venting on other threads, where it wasn't really appropriate....

...and I re-read your post above, and it just hit home for me big time.

Ever since the plane crash tonight, I have been feeling like I can't satisfy my appetite. It's like I can't fill up some hole, or something.

Milk. I just can't seem to get enough milk tonight!

Anyway, I agree that it's good to be old (I'm 55) and uncensored! Although I am not always comfortable with myself.....

Too many years of being chided by family and others, for being "overly emotional and too open".

So, Sal, I will take a huge glass of Lactaid milk, fat-free, please. And a large glass of ice water, too.

I just want to curl up by the fire and watch the coverage on the plane crash, and let the tears flow.

Thanks for the tissues, Sal!

fortwynt

Post Number: 8166
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 4:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lassen your posts always give me a feeling that "everything is going to be okay afterall" for some reason.

thanks for that

Buddie

Post Number: 1612
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lisa Brokop.. Hey do you know me..
Song for Gracies

Sal.. Our Gracies is not feeling
well lets keep the lights on for her..
I know you will :-)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 9629
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Grabs my stuffie...couple blankies,
goes in the corner and curls up.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 9632
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Folds blankies and puts Stuffie back on
the shelf. Sal, can ya fix me a big ole
erster po-boy to go...I miss Gar and he
luvs em. Thanks for letting me hang out.
Hope I'm in a better mood next time.

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 676
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 1:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I did a full moon ceremony..Stuck out my tongue at the full moon and held a moonstone on it while I made my wishes for the month.

I needed to be re-certified for another yr of medical weed and I was totally out. I asked for fast and easy and some big fat buds.

The next day I called and got an appointment the next day. Normally it's a 2 wk wait. A family member loaned me some money. The next day I was able to get to the doctor and the dispensary for an oz. of Pineapple Express.

The weather was sunny, we got the driveway cleared of snow and MADE IT BACK JUST AS THE SNOW STARTED FALLING.

I just said please provide for me what I need..And if I don't need it that's OK.

Somehow it does all work out alright...

moonhowler

Post Number: 955
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 5:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm glad it works for you, Lassen Sage. I don't seem to have such good luck. I miss you guys something terrible, but I just don't seem to fit in here anymore. For that matter, I don't seem to fit anywhere.

And I wonder why I keep on trying? I love my little grandson, but really don't believe that I'll live long enough to be more than a very distant memory for him, if he can remember at all. All the people who keep telling me words to cheer me never follow through with deeds. Truly, I don't need words, I need help, of the physical kind because I can't do for myself anymore. And here is no one. Husband has eyesight problems, plus his broken back from last summer (which probably would not have happened if he had been half-way sober!). Son is too busy with work, plus his own family; dghtr-in-law just won't help, though she keeps her house nice and tidy and little Steve is too little. He gives me kisses when I go over there, which is all he can do, and of course talks to me in baby-gibberish which is beginning to sound like English admixed with Spanish.

I'm so exhausted all the time, I just don't care anymore. No foolin'. I want to see Steve grow up some more, until maybe age 10, but don't feel like I'm gonna make it. What I want doesn't matter, not since my Mom died over 26 years ago.
So, I just quit. Whatever happens, happens. All I ask is just that the pain, the physical pain, go away.

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 679
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 7:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moonhowler,,You need some help is right!!!

Check with Social Services for assistance in your home. Most Counties manage State and Federal home health care programs for Seniors, Disabled,etc...Because even the best families burn-out on long term health care. And no one should have to beg for help, but you have to know where to ask..Does someone know where to ask for Moonhowler's area?

You need some assistance with house cleaning,laundry,meals,cooking,clean-up,,getting around safely. A few hrs a wk someone helps out.

How about we all ask for some help for Moonhowler?

Second Wind

Post Number: 2774
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 3:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moonhowler, please don't give up! Please know that I understand, and have been feeling pretty much the same way. I don't know how long I can go on living like this.

I am going to say something, and I hope you will be able to take it in the spirit I give it....

I, too, feel like giving up. And I don't know which is worse....to need help, and be surrounded by people who cannot or will not help; or to be completely alone, like I am.

Because of my refusal to hand over cash to my son (over a year ago) and DIL, after his drug use got him suspended from his job, he cut off all contact with me. He lives several hundred miles away, anyway, so I only saw them once a year, if I was lucky.

I did offer to help them with specific expenses, like utilities (paying the companies directly), and I offered to reimburse them for my grand-daughter's medical expenses, if they would send me receipts.

But that was not good enough. He wanted me to fork over a couple thousand cash, no questions asked, despite the circumstances of his loss of income. (I had already given them $1600 in the previous year.)

So, I have no contact with them, and do not get to see my beautiful grand daughter even once a year now.

My sister lives even further away, and I see her once a year, when she comes out for the holidays.

My only other family, my father and step-mother, live 2 states away.

I feel lucky to have a safe and comfortable home now, after thinking I was going to die in the old mobile home I lived in just over 2 years ago.

But I have a feeling that it will be less than a couple more years, and I will either have to think about selling this home, or I will have to begin spending what little money I have on help to take care of it.

Then, there is the isolation. It can make a person nuts, I tell you. I cannot even go out and volunteer somewhere, in order to be around people. It is all I can do to take care of my house and grocery shopping for myself.

I am on SSDI, but I do have some savings, in addition to my house, so I do not qualify for any state aid to help me.

Lassen Sage, you are kind to make suggestions, but most of the kind of aid you refer to, a person has to have practically NO assets whatsoever, and little to no income, in order to qualify. That kind of help is designed for the VERY poor.

In my state, you can have a home, and a car, but the income eligibility ceiling for community care services (like housecleaning) is $678.65 per month and the resource limit is $5,000 (savings, 401(k), etc.).

Moon, as for fitting in around here.....well, welcome to the "club". I don't feel that I fit in either. So, I understand how you feel there.

I don't know what else to say, except that I hope we can continue to come here (even it only on this thread) and offer each other some support. It's not much, but......

Sal, please put a log on the fire, and pass around the wine and doobs. At least in virtual world, these things are available, free, and have no side-effects or risks....and, they HELP.

ddubbiedo
Username: ddubbiedo

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Prayers for SW and Moonhowler.
Remember... It can ALWAYS be worse.

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 2462
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 7:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dear Moonhowler, unfortunately, all I have is words to offer you right now. As for not fitting in, I wrote the handbook on that, but you will always have a place in my thoughts and prayers.

Have you ever thought about getting a local student to come in several times a week to help you out around the house or with shopping? Sometimes you can find people who are willing to help for just a little spending money--that is, of course, if you can even afford that. You might also ask around at various churches to see about getting a little help. In Abilene, several churches have volunteer groups who do that sort of thing on a regular basis. In any case, I hope you can find some way to ease your burden.

I know you are weary, but I feel like your talk of giving up is due more to depression than to a real feeling that it is your time to go. When it is really your time, I suspect you will feel more joyful and peaceful than despairing. At least, that is my understanding of it. After all, what is death but our last and best homecoming and a wondrous reunion with all those loved ones who have made the journey before us. For now, however, I think little Steve still needs his loving grandmother.

SW, if it means anything, you are always in my thoughts and prayers, too. I'm so sorry that your son is choosing to punish both you and his daughter for the decision you made. IMO, you did what was right and what was best for all concerned. Perhaps with time and maturity, he will come to understand that.

In the meantime, pass me that virtual doob, will ya. Right now, I feel like everybody must get stoned.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2779
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 5:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, that's such a GREAT song, Miaree! Loved it!!!

And thanks so much for the support and understanding. I know I did the right thing with my son and the money thing. But that doesn't help much. I am so afraid I will be gone before he ever comes around. He may be too far gone.

Here ya go, Miaree.....(Have another hit of) Fresh Air! (in STEREO, too!)

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 683
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 4:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm Riding along on The Pineapple Express today. That's not a song or a movies..It's my newest tasty meds. I would happily just eat it,,,but it would take 3 times the amount to keep me normal,,,,That's right. I get normal puffing this fancy stuff.

It would be disappointing except for the results.

My mind clears and I remember what I am thinking, writing, doing and saying from one moment to the next. I can spell and numbers make sense. I Smoke and do my checkbook.

And if I get enough in my system for long enough my reflexes and motor skills improve..Without, I have difficulty getting around and resting.

I remember getting Stoned...That would be great,,,,normal would be better..

moonhowler

Post Number: 956
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 6:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, guys, for making me feel I'm not a total misfit after all. I'm so sorry to learn that YOU are having the same feelings I am. I just don't know what to do about them. I ALWAYS could figure things out for myself and " git 'r done", just can't do it anymore. I'm not suicidal or anything like that. I don't even have the oomph to carry that out.

I just want someone to answer this question for me. WHAT DO I DO NOW? You folks are super, but you're not around close. I can't reach out and feel the warmth or coolness of your hands. Damn it, I need a human touch.

Husband won't allow anybody in to help out. I'm going to have to have a huge fight with him. He'll give me the old "What will the neighbors think?" routine. I don't give a fig what they think. When he was physically able to help out, he wouldn't. Now he's not physically capable, and yet he still won't let me try to get help.

Guess I'll go hibernate some more. Supposed to turn cool again tonight. Steve's birthday is Saturday, so I've gotta shake this what-ever-it-is off and put on my mask again. There IS one thing at which I am a master and excel beyond belief. When I don my mask, no one ever knows how awful I really feel. Comb my hair, put on some make-up, some fresh (though not really clean) clothes and play at being human. I'm going to nominate myself for an Oscar.

Lassen, do whatever you need to do to feel better. If I thought cannabis would help me, I'd try to get some. I'm already a smoker and get yelled at by all the doctors to stop. I didn't try the weed when I was young. Maybe it's better to start later in life. It can't "waste" my life now. It's already wasted ! ! ! ! LOL, LOL, LOL, ROTFL.

miaree9

Post Number: 2485
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon, I wish I lived close enough to you to give you a big old bear hug--and do a little cooking, cleaning, and shopping for you, too. We could gossip about all those mundane people who actually "fit in."

I realize that medical marijuana is still not allowed in Florida, but there is much anecdotal evidence that it is effective when used for CFS as well as many other conditions. I am not advocating that you take up a life of crime, but it is something to think about, and Lassen Sage can testify to the benefits she receives from its use.

And finally, if I did live in Florida, I would gently but firmly explain to your husband that if he did not allow you to have someone in to help you out, I would immediately report him to Adult Protective Services for the abuse and neglect of a person with disabilities. He would either comply with my request or suffer the legal consequences. Hmm, now that I think about it, I could actually call them from Texas and report it to them. And I would do it in a heartbeat if you asked me to. He should be made to understand that you are his valued partner, not his slave. And with a little extra help, the quality of life should actually improve for him as well as for you.

Anyhoo, for now, we are here together at Sal's, so let's just celebrate little Steve's birthday early with some yummy cake and a little something to drink. Maybe we can even talk Lassen into taking us for a little ride on the Pineapple Express. She can get normal, and you and I can get stoned silly.

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 685
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm wrestling with my computer. I upgraded my media player and got a mess from an update I did not want.So I am on for now....and ready for some lunch.

I like my desert first so it is time for some Pineapple Express, strangely satisfying and yet not filling. Sweet as incense and calming as a visit to the ocean.

Joe is here today to help me straighten up the place. First he had to get in the driveway.

We are getting some sun on this chilly day, but it is still freezing outside.

Everyone is walking their dogs and mine are getting their barks in.

fortwynt

Post Number: 8218
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 3:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nice to see you SW.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2788
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 4:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Checking in to say "hello", and to share with you all some PHOTOS that I just uploaded to Flickr.

Thought maybe you might like to see pics of my critters, including Mr. Elliott, who passed on Jan. 4.

There are also a couple of inside my house, and some of my back yard. My sis is in one, as well.

Sal, open up a bottle of that 2005 Due' Uve' Bianco and pour everyone a glass, and bring some bread, olive oil with herbs and garlic, and some cheese and fruit!

(Message edited by Second_Wind on February 21, 2009)

fortwynt

Post Number: 8219
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 4:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I haven't been keeping in touch much lately. I apologize, as I enjoy our conversations a great deal, and have the utmost respect for you and your input on matters.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2790
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 4:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love you, and I have missed you, fort.

In fact, earlier tonight, I was fantasizing about making a thread on the board, "CALLING FORTWYNT!!!"....

So, climb on into the booth here, and have a glass of this wine, and tell me what you think about my photos????? I feel all "internet savvy" after getting them posted on Flickr!

fortwynt

Post Number: 8222
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 4:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*pours sw a glass, takes a nice sized glass-full himself, and kicks back in the easy chair by the fire with some bread slices*

can't see em just yet sw, gotta wait till morning so i can see em at home, stupid work computer wont let me access most file sharing sites, flickr included.

Aww, you were thinking of me! :-)

Second Wind

Post Number: 2793
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, I was!

Well, I hope you enjoy this wine! It's one that the waiter suggested to my sister and I, when we ate at Olive Garden over Thanksgiving.

Now, that was one helluva good meal! YUM!

It's funny, because, here I am, 55 years old, and I have never "liked" wine. I have always turned down offers of wine, saying, "No thanks, I just don't like wine.".....

But, in the spirit of the night, I tried the wine the waiter suggested. I LOVED IT! It is SO good with almost any kind of food. It's not very sweet, so it doesn't go really well with desserts, but fruit and cheese and bread, or with chicken or fish, pasta, etc.....YUM.

I have discovered a whole new world about wine: About the "bouquet", and the proper way to taste it, to get the different flavors, the way it looks in the glass, the proper way to store, chill and serve it.

It's not like drinking a beer or a margarita....although I will admit that certain foods go particularly well with either one. But it's still different.

OMG. I am becoming a "wine snob"!!

I find that I drink less of it than I would any other drink, because, for one thing, it is BEST with some kind of food; and also, it's much more expensive than beer or margaritas.

I actually bought myself four wine glasses, and a decanter...because I learned that there is a reason for both the type of glass, and for the decanter!!

OK......blah, blah, blah!!!!

So, check out my pics tomorrow, fortwynt! K?

fortwynt

Post Number: 8224
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sure will!

I've never actually drank wine, save the convenience store variety, but somehow inside I just know i'd enjoy wine with a meal...im sure it would beat 20 years of pop with my food....i swear i've been drinking pop so much and so long that i find it very hard to have a meal without pop....err "soda" for some i suppose.

my fiance is very astonished how much we in west virginia drink pop....its almost a cultural thing really....but i'd love an alternative because im not much into drinking water...although a few months ago i did go on an all water drinking marathon and actually went without pop for about a month *gasp*...but alas, i have fallen again...although now its strictly diet dr. pepper for fortwynt...hey at least im not consuming as much sugar i guess *shrugs*.

fortwynt

Post Number: 8225
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

just watched "the strangers" i recommend it if you are into horror flicks...it's pretty scary...and i don't scare easily at movies!

even then though, i am the worlds worst about movies...im a party pooper, i spend the whole time criticizing the flick and making comments about how stupid the characters are, specifically in horror movies.

fortwynt

Post Number: 8226
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yes i virtually enjoyed the wine, SW....a white wine, no?

Second Wind

Post Number: 2795
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have refused to drink diet Dr. Pepper, cause I think the sweetener is poison!!

Incidently, I have said that I was going to order some of that "original recipe" Dr. Pepper, using real sugar, instead of HFCS. I still have the phone number in there on the desk by my phone (in the Family room). I just haven't bitten the bullet and been willing to let go of the money. I am afraid I might be creating a monster!!!

Yeah, I bet you would love wine, too. But then, I don't know how many people told me that over the years. I guess things happen when they are supposed to.

If you feel like splurging, go and look for a bottle of the wine I mentioned. At my grocery store, it's $14 a bottle. A bottle lasts me through 3 meals.

I have become a convert. Now, when I first open the bottle, when the cork come out, and I get that first whiff of the bouguet.....YUM!!! It's like perfume, only you get to DRINK it!

Pass me some more of that bread and cheese, and some of those peach and banana slices. And pour me another half-glass to sip!

Second Wind

Post Number: 2796
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fort, are you not able to look at the link I gave for the wine?

Second Wind

Post Number: 2797
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Also.....the wine does not make me feel bad, or make me just want to curl up on the couch and go to sleep, like beer or margaritas.

Maybe it's because I drink it with food, and because I drink it very slowly, small sips.

YUM!

It's the first time that the primary reason to drink is not to get a buzz, but to enjoy something delicious.

Not that beer and margaritas (or Irish Coffee; don't forget the Irish Coffee!) don't taste good.

But it's different.

fortwynt

Post Number: 8227
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

haha no it blocks it as "alcohol and tobacco"....trust me, like everything is blocked...it's quite irritating.

yes, drinking it with your food probably helps in soaking it up, of the few times ive had alcohol with food i seemed to get not quite as 'buzzed' as i would have without the food.

i used to be quite the drinker in my younger days, among all the other thing we were doing...but i havent had so much as a drink of alcohol in probably 3 years or more.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2800
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 6:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No kidding?

Well, I am not "much" of a drinker. For me, it was always just something I did once or twice a year, if I had family visiting.

The rest of the time, it just makes me feel bad.

But, I am enjoying going on Friday's and getting a bottle of this wine, and some fresh fruit, bread, and other food, and enjoying it over the weekend.

I say, most things, in moderation!

Here are a couple of descriptions about this wine:

"The name (pronounced Do-Ay OO-vay) means “two grapes,” which aptly describes this beguiling and innovative estate-bottled blend of Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc grapes."

The house of Bertani is rated amongst Italy's top producers. Pinot Grigio as a grape is popular, Sauvignon Blanc is more popular, blend them together and you end up with the Bertani Due Uve (two grapes) a wine with huge appeal. Mouth-wateringly fresh, with layers of fruit flavours, fruity but not too fruity. This is a great all-rounder."

Color: Pale straw, with lively green reflections.

Bouquet: Assertive and well defined, with nuances of elderflower combined with hints of peach and apricot.

Palate: Full bodied and well balanced."

fortwynt

Post Number: 8228
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 6:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pale straw, with lively green reflections.....hmm sounds like the color of my eyes HA

fortwynt

Post Number: 8229
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 6:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

nope, havent had a drink in a few years...basically since brianna was born...gave up pot (for now) around the same time also.

actually scratch that, last year for new years we bought some wine coolers and never drank them and they sat in the fridge for a year, and i drank a couple of them over the course of the past month or two...if that can even be counted as alcohol.

i always had a pretty high sensitivity to alcohol, yet used to drink like a fish...i was always the one at the end of the night wrapped around the toilet...every time...but i was a courteous puker....my body would tell me about 30 seconds ahead of time that i was going to puke in a minute and "make way to the john immediately"...so as to prevent throwing up on myself or my friends furniture.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2801
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 6:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm off to the couch now. I've been sitting at the computer for way too long, so I am going to go watch a movie on HBO On Demand. I think I will re-watch the super-neat movie called My Dog Skip.....

Or, maybe, I'll watch Michael Clayton...

Laters, peeps! Thanks for the company!

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 689
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Second Wind our Jr looks like Mr.E,except short hair and no white spot on his back. Jr is 15yr old and still a champ mouser.

Love your yard! And you are so smart to have furniture that the fur doesn't stick to...Really nice place,,,thanks for sharing...

Howdy to fortwynt!! I haven't been around here much lately either.

miaree9

Post Number: 2490
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Aww, SW, what beautiful kitties! Thank you for posting the pictures. I really like what I saw of your house and yard, too. Now how about a glimpse of that beautiful face of yours?

Buddie

Post Number: 1638
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey I just had an urge to drop in before
company shows up.. Ohh SW I LOVE your
photos and am so relieved to see you
have some home comforts finally.. I'll
have a glass of Due'Uve'Bianco if you
don't mind .. meanwhile I'd like to listen
to A Wine song now I have to run Sal

Mama Shine

Post Number: 9662
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW,

What a lovely home you have. I felt very
relaxed looking at your pics. Sweet Kitties.
Thank you for inviting us in, you're nice.

fortwynt

Post Number: 8235
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow! you have a very comfy lookin place! i like the pic over the fireplace(?)

fortwynt

Post Number: 8245
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 3:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW SW WHERE ART THOU MY FRIEND....I REQUIRE YOUR COMPANY!

Second Wind

Post Number: 2802
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 4:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, everybody, for checking out my pics and for the comments!

I wish I had CD's of the pics of the mobile home I was living in up until Dec. 23, 2006. At another time, when I am feeling a bit better, I will try scanning some of my prints into my computer, and then see if they can then be uploaded to Flickr, as well.

I know that some of you (Buddie) remember my descriptions of what it was like living in that place. Up until June 2006, I really, REALLY believed I would die (prematurely) in that hovel.

I often have mixed emotions about referring to the mobile home the way I do. If it had not been for my Mother, who bought the MH in 1984, I would have been homeless, and probably dead. I truly am NOT exxagerating.

So, I was grateful for the place for a long time. But in the last several years before I got out of there, it had deteriorated to the point that it was a death trap, in several ways.

In any event.........I am so unbelievably grateful for my present home and improved circumstances, that I don't have enough words to convey the emotions.

--------

I sure do miss Mr. Elliott.

--------

I put descriptions on all the photos on Flickr. I hope you all read them because I sweated bullets getting the photos uploaded, and the descriptions added!!!!

--------

Miaree, I appreciate your kind words, but there is just no way I would be comfortable putting up my photo, for a number of reasons, with self-consciousness being only one of the minor reasons!

-------

Lassen Sage, you mentioned the furniture and the kitties....that has been interesting and a big surprise. The furniture belonged to my uncle, and when I first moved into my house, I was terrified that the cats would claw the furniture, the way they had clawed fabric furniture, and even floor carpet.

To my utter shock, the have never ONCE clawed it. They have a big cat gym, and a couple other "scratching" things, and, two of them claw on the carpet in the bedrooms ()

I keep throws of various kinds on the seats and across the back of the sofa, and they do like to sleep there. But if I take the throws off, then they don't even get on the furniture.

In the living room, I have all wicker furniture and one wooden rocker. I was afraid they would scratch the wicker, too...but they never have!! I keep inexpensive cushions on the seats, which I cover with first, old sheets, and then with inexpensive fleece throws. That way, they have their warm, soft, cozy places to sleep, and I can just pull up the sheets and throws and launder them. It works well. In the summertime, I take the throws off and just use the sheets.

Keeping the cat hair and dust under control is an absolute must for me, due to both allergies and asthma. With the current furniture, and my "system" of throws, plus having mostly tile floors, it makes that job so much easier.

I would love to get rid of the new but cheap carpet in my bedroom and office. It just about kills me to run a vacuum cleaner, but if I don't do it at least once a week, it really aggravates my breathing problems. I am still thinking about replacing the carpet with wood laminate.

-----------

Fort, yes, that is a fireplace! I don't use it very often. One reason is because I am allergic to nearly all firewood. I only burn those store-bought firelogs, one at a time, of course. They don't attack my allergies.

I only burned one real wood fire since I've been here, and I had such a bad allergy attack.....never again! It's bad enough when my neighbors are burning real wood in their fireplaces, and the smoke/smell is being pulled into my house by my furnace!

Also, because it sucks all the heated air from the central heat right out the chimney, I only use in on nights that are just "cool", when I can do without the furnace for long enough to enjoy a fire. In fact, I burned one last night! I do enjoy it for the ambience, but it is not an effective heat source. I wish I could afford one of those high-tech inserts that circulate heated air into the room.

--------

About the photos....

In case none of you knows this, when you click on the link to my photos, there is a small link (in grey ink) up near the top right, where you can look at the photos as a "slideshow".

When you look at them that way, you can click the "pause" button to stop on a photo, and you can use other controls, and even put them on full screen.

I hope somebody will comment on the "orb" in the patio photo!!! What do you all think about "photo orbs"?

---------

Well, I hope you all enjoyed the wine, and thanks for coming and sharing with me. I will bring another couple of bottles next Friday night for us all to share....at least, if I make it to Sal's that night!

My uncle would like the fact that I shared a "slideshow" with you, especially since he was a photographer (as well as a painter), and since so much of what is in the house are things that used to be in HIS house!

Second Wind

Post Number: 2803
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 4:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fort, sorry I wasn't on the computer this morning when you posted! But thank you for missing me!

And now, here I am....so, I hope YOU are around???

Sal, I think I'll have a grilled cheese with dill pickle slices, and some Irish Coffee! Then, I'll just sit here by the fire and see if anybody comes around!!!

fortwynt

Post Number: 8259
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 3:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENpeiakUnu4

Ohh I've been travelin on this road too long
Just trying to find my way back home
The old me is dead and gone, dead and gone

Ever had one of dem days you wish woulda stayed home
Run into a group of n****s getting they hate on
You walk by they get wrong you reply then sh*t gets blown
Way outta proportion way past discussion
Just you against them, pick one then rush em
Figure you get jumped hell thats next
They dont wanna stop they're now they bustin
Now you gushin, ambulance rushin you to the hospital
with a bad concussion
Plus ya hit 4 times plus it hit ya spine paralyzed waist down
now ya wheel chair bound
Never mind that now you lucky to be alive,
Just think it all started you fussin with 3 guys
***** ya pride in the way but ya pride is the way
you could f*ck around get shot die anyday
****** die every day all over bull sh*t dope money
dice game ordinary hood sh*t
Could this be cuz of hip hop music
or did the ones with the good sense not use it
Usually ****** don't know what to do
when their back against the wall so they just start shootin
For red or for blue or for blow I guess,
from Bankhead or from your projects
No more stress, now I'm straight, now I get it now I take
Time to think, before I make mistakes just for my family's sake
That part of me left yesterday the heart of me is strong today
No regrets I'm blessed to say the old me dead and gone away

I ain't never been scared, I lived through tragedy
Situation coulda been dead lookin back at it
Most of that sh*t didn't even have to happen
But you don't think about it when you out there trappin
In apartments hangin smokin and rappin
****** start sh*t didn't next thing ya know we cappin
Get locked up then didn't even get mad
Now think about d*mn what a life I had
Most of that sh*t look back just laugh
Some sh*t still look back get sad
Maybe my homeboy still be around
Had I not hit the ***** in the mouth that time
I won that fight, I lost that war
I can still see my ***** walkin out that door
Who'da thought I'd never see Philant no more
Got enough dead homies I don't want no more
Cost a ***** his jaw, cost me more
I'da took that *ss-whoopin now for sure
Now think before I risk my life
Take them chances to get my stripes
A ***** put his hands on me alright
Otherwise stand there talk sh*t all night
Cuz I hit you, you sue me,
I shoot you, get locked up, who me?
No more stress, now I'm straight, now I get it now I take
Time to think before I make mistakes just for my family's sake
That part of me left yesterday the heart of me is strong today
No regrets I'm blessed to say the old me dead and gone away.

I turn my head to the east I dont see nobody by my side
I turn my head to the west still nobody in sight
So I turn my head to the north, swallow that pill that they call pride
The old me is dead and gone, but that new me will be alright
I turn my head to the east I dont see nobody by my side
I turn my head to the west still nobody in sight
So I turn my head to the north, swallow that pill that they call pride
The old me is dead and gone, but that new me will be alright

Second Wind

Post Number: 2820
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 4:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There's a quote on the screen of the video you posted above, a quote from the bible; it reminded me of this song immediately. Along the same lines......

I wish I could have found the studio version somewhere to post.......but this will have to do.

Real Man

When I was a child
I thought as a child
I spoke as a child
I didn't know better
But now I'm a man
I look like a man
I'm old as a man
And I should know better

Got my head in the sky
And my mind knows what it wants
But my body just drags me down

And my world is something you can't see
But it's still very real to me
You can find it in the hole where I keep my soul
There it is - down inside me
Theres' a real man
Forget about my body and be a real man

I see with my heart
I hear with my heart
I feel with my heart
Sometimes it works better

And some so-called friends put me down
And they pity me for trying
Bad emotions push me around

But the vision shines on and on
It will shine when we all are gone
And I'd like to add a little sparkle while I'm here
Light it up - way down inside me
There's a real man
Forget about bad feelings and be a real man

Some men's world is only hate and money
Afraid of everything and they laugh at nothing
And they only live to criticize
You can laugh at me now [ha ha ha]
But the time comes to everybody
When you must decide

When that day finally comes along
You might wish you'd been a little more strong
Then you'll wake up in the morning cryin'
Oh my god
There it is - way down inside me
It's a real man
You got to grow up sometime
Be a real man
Suffer them slings and arrows
Be a real man
Now be a real man
Don't sell yourself for nothing
Be a real man
Don't take no crap from no one
Be a real man
Get your trip together
Be a real man

fortwynt

Post Number: 8266
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 4:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

WOOHOO I like!

Very encouraging words indeed.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2824
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 4:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It is a really nice song!

He wrote really emotional songs, and he was/is a hellofa Blue-eyed Soul Singer!

fortwynt

Post Number: 8268
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 5:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

so i wont be around for a few days....im off tuesday wednesday and thursday, but i might pop on here during the day a couple of times or something...thanks for the links SW!