Archive through December 07, 2008 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through December 07, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 997
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 5:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Puts a blankie over SW's shoulders..

kicks ole juke into a a quiet song

Willie and Ray

Joins Sal over by the grill ..
UUUmmmm them piggies in a poke sure
smell goood ..

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 910
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 6:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the birthday greetings, y'all.
SW, I feel very sad for you and for kitty. Sending vibes for solace. Come hang out here when it gets too tough. Shucks, hang out here anyway.

Mamas how can you eat greens with steak? I'm from the South, but I've NEVER been able to eat greens of any kind. Feel like a traitor, but just can't keep 'em down. Wonder why that is?

buddie's been busy posting music 'n stuff. Way to go, bud.

Lassen, ya got a nice partner it would seem.

Where's the rest of the folk? Did we scare them all away, or are they using their time at the other sites, especially Whitley's newest one "A Time of Extraordinary Peril"? I'm behind in journal reading, and Anne's diary. I'm just so weary of all the doom and gloom and FEAR everywhere. YES, I know we have to pay attention. Yet it all perplexes me. That's why I come here. To hang out with folk who may have problems, but ain't all that doom & gloom & fear stuff.

Well, this ain't gettin' my hiney to bed & I gotta lumber out and do the grocery shopping later. GROAN.

Hugs to all, good vibes and love, too.
Miaree9 - where are you?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ No good deed goes unpunished. ~~

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 315
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 7:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good morning Moonhowler!

I am almost ready to go snooze myself.

It's kind of a relief to have the sheet hit the fan,so to speak.

Grocery shopping,ugh...I sure hope you get yourself at least some tiny treat to make up for the lack of a birthday feast.And don't you feel guilty and get everyone else even more...just don't you dare...do less for yourself anymore...

And for my contribution to the whine collection I will share...
I am achy from the 6.4 quake off the coast of Mexico.Was a relief to find it hit just when my hips & base of spine started hurting.Now it is just my right calf...I would rather ache then vibrate..is just too weird..

Sticks and stones take the ache out of my bones.Sometimes I need a full body suit,thats all.

Doom and gloom is only a tiny part of reality.There's magic in this world,and wonders undreamt of yet to be seen...

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 2041
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 8:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm here, moonhowler--just late, as usual. And a belated Happy Birthday to you. I was glad to discover that the 23rd is your birthday. It's also the anniversary of my son's death, but now I have a happy thought to associate with the date.

I'll send you some extra energy to help with the grocery-shopping. And I agree with LS. Buy yourself a treat--no guilt allowed!! Pamper yourself a little! I do a lot for my family, but I learned a long time ago to also do nice things for myself.

What a wonderful group of people who frequent Sal's! I'll have to stop by here more often. For now, Sal, I'll have a HUGE breakfast with sausage, bacon, ham, two eggs sunny side up, a heap of hash browns, Swedish Pancakes, and lots of toast.

buddie

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 2:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sals mak'en me work tonight..
Heres one by Townes Van Zandt
and Blaze Foley
Austin Pickers 1984

buddie

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 2:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Never mind my machine
is mess'en with me..
Austin Pickers 1984

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 2067
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 1:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll help you, buddie!

Age does some good things......like broaden a person's ability to appreciate certain things that, as a youth, she thought distasteful!

Like this!

Now that's poetry!
"In the end, only kindness matters."

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 332
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 4:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Howdy everybody.......Sal,set me up a tab and bring me a pitcher of that Pete's Wicked ale,and pass me a bowl of those salted nuts,would ya?

Dag nabbed fussy microsoft computer funky muck....Ha to so another cd restore and put in better security stuff after it gummed up............

Still can't figure out the e-mail server setup...sigh..only took me an hr instead of 24hrs...Finally got C2C on..

However I am HAPPY that my brain works soooo much better then it has in yrs...

buddie

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 1:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen you should go into your
Outlook Express..click Tools
then Options at the bottom..
Now choose your own settings
every 5 minutes etc.. be sure
you click OK ..

SW my Mom loved him I am fan
of his..also his Son and Grandson :-)

buddie

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hank and Hank :-)

Second Wind

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 6:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, I need some more of that medicine.

Meet me at Midnight, Baby, inside the Sad Cafe.

moonhowler

Post Number: 914
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 6:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pour me out some of SW's medicine, too, please Sal. I'm all down and out.
Inside every older person is a younger person...
wondering what the hell happened!? Anon

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 349
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 6:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal,what ya got that goes well with acupabeans?Quick before I go poof.I think I might have offended the computer gods...Hope is on the way for my herbage,if a car sells I will get a loan payback...And I vow to hide some whatever I get from myself...to be discovered for times like this....OK go to be brave and go restart to see what happens..

Second Wind

Post Number: 2108
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lordie, I KNOW how exhausting and nerve-racking computer problems are, LS. Sorry you are still going through them.

Moon.....I don't know what we'd do without Sal's virtual medicine, do you?

buddie

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know I KNOW a FRIggen lot more
than the techs at the end of my
phone GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

OKAY Sal .. I'll keep it down
Sal's Song

Second Wind

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just CHECKING IN ON YOU, peeps.

Well, Sal, I've had enough, after listening to the debate.

I'd like some of that dependable chamomille tea, so I can sleep well, hopefully.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 8597
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 1:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

buddie

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 1:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 356
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 4:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Got my Google toolbar.Had to download the installer and start it.I am a happy camper.

And a spell check for when I want to spell correctly....

Now I need a thingie-mah-bob to store the memory just in case I overdo and mess the whole set-up up.

Looks like I am going to downsize my Bonnieville to a Geo.Will wipe out our debts and give me the means to pay off insurance,and utility expenses for the next year.

And take care of my medical herbal expenses.

moonhowler

Post Number: 916
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 6:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Boy, do I ever LOVE my Google toolbar - it's even got a free word processing program, and maps, and ever so much more.

Got rescheduled with the neurosurgeon for the end of October. Don't know if it's the tumor thingy, or just CFS, or what, but all I want to do is sleep. I managed the grocery shopping OK - hubby did it this week for the first time in 6 weeks, and it worked out OK for him. Of course he had to take some pain med. afterward and lay down for a nap, but that's a lot better than I thought he would be. Wanted him to wait at least another two weeks, just to be sure he didn't re-injure the broken vertebrae. But the sleep thing really is making me annoyed.

Dixie Doodle Dogger is still being a puppy. She should be coming up on a year old pretty soon. We got her two days before X-mas, and she was supposed to be 3 months then. She is one really crazy dog.

Well, you guys enjoy yourselves and have a happy weekend. No more Wall Street crap for two days anyway - and isn't Columbus Day the following weekend, so it will be a 3 day weekend for those who are still able to work. Listen, you working folk, you don't know how lucky you are to have whatever job it is you have. I miss working very much. It took me a long time to realize that I was not going to be able to work full-time (or even part-time) again. You don't know how good stuff is until you don't got it no more.

Sal, some scrambled eggs, grits and bacon for two to go, please, and a ham-bone for Dixie. Gonna chow down, then do the sleep thingy again. Hubby will be busy the next two days and nights watching football on TV, and Dixie will be happy chewing on her ham-bone.

Hugs to everybody. See ya tomorrow, (later today) I hope.
Inside every older person is a younger person...
wondering what the hell happened!? Anon

Second Wind

Post Number: 2115
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 7:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon, what you said about the ability to work.....man alive, do I ever agree and understand! People make all kinds of assumptions, but it would take actually walking in the other person's shoes to understand.

Not being able to work has absolutely NO perks, and has nothing BUT drawbacks.

Don't get me wrong.....I am grateful to GOD, and to myself, for the years I worked paying into the SSA system, for my SSDI. I am also more grateful than I could ever express that I was approved as quickly as I was, when so many people go for years fighting for the benefits they paid into the system for.

I am eternally grateful that I have those SSDI benefits, for as long as I am able to keep them, in this current political/economic climate.

But not being able to work is not fun. The toll on the self-esteem, not to mention the boredom and feeling of uselessness, is not something I would ever wish on another person. (And that's to say nothing of dealing with chronic illness, itself.)

At any rate.....hugs all!

Sal, I'll have some oatmeal with sliced peaches, and some whole wheat toast, and lactose-free milk, please! Need comfort food.

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 3906
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 9:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moonhowler,

check yo' mail.
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8684
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal,

Just want to show ya some pics of
my 8 month old Grandson, Dustin and
his Dog Bailey. Yeah, I showed em in
the Pond but...hehe..wanted to show folks
in Sals.

http://my.att.net:80/p/s/community.dll?ep=331&groupid=370865&folderid=294458&fol derview=thumbs&ck

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 387
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Both are adorable!!! Baily looks like a Great Dane.

I think his ears have been done as I don't think they stand-up without surgery. Which would mean he is full-blooded,or why bother.

Have never seen a white one before,he could be a harlequin that is mostly white. Like some appaloosa horses that only have spotted skin,usually with a white coat and very fair skin prone to sunburns.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8691
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 9:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Lassen. No, Baileys ears haven't been done. They found him as a very young puppy, a victim of Katrina..as we all were. He was wandering lost in the street one day ..God knows where his Mama was.Like I said in the Pond, they were drinking Baileys Irish Creme when they found him hence, the name Bailey. The Vet wasn't even sure what breed he is. I say he has some Dalmation..maybe Great Dane. LOL, Bailey may get sunburned sometimes...Dustin too for that matter. We are all very fair skinned..my daughter and myself.

moonhowler

Post Number: 925
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 6:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MamaS, I love puppy dogs & dogs, and kitty cats & cats. It's so good of you to take them in. Good for you - and thanks. More people should care like you do.
Inside every older person is a younger person... wondering what the hell happened!? Anon

buddie

Post Number: 1110
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Heey JuDe Nay Nay nay..
Type Words

buddie

Post Number: 1111
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lady walpaper

buddie

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Top 100 Tuunes

moonhowler

Post Number: 926
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 5:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, good old 1968! The war rages in Viet Nam. There are protesters in the street. WWII vets are astonished at the doings of "youngsters". The Nam war splits families apart. So many young men (and women, i.e. nurses, etc.) are dying.

Somebody take me to the stuffies corner, hand me a stuffy, a pillow and throw a blanket over my head and all the rest of me. Such terrible memories. But good memories, too.-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for the blanket and stuff. I'm going to sleep now and hope to get rid of the nightmares of all the friends I lost. We were all so young back then. So many fallen, so many broken forever. Hey, Jude runs all through my mind, like jolts of electricity.

When I wake up, please, somebody have a large glass of Sal's special alcoholic concoction with a large mug of coffee, cream and sugar to follow it.
Inside every older person is a younger person... wondering what the hell happened!? Anon

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 6969
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When the Music Stops (a personal favorite)
...Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
Chuang Chou

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 424
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 4:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, a good strong cuppa joe with a double shot of kaluha and lots of cream would be wonderful... Nippy out there tonite, mind if I toss another log on the fire and give it a poke?................. Are there any Brownies left? Is there any food left in the place?

fortwynt

Post Number: 6978
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 5:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That there is Lassen...Sal's was runnin low on a few things, due to an apparent dispute with the delivery service, and their constant demands at payment, forgetting that sals was purely a charitable organization...long story short, Natives Alien Pub has now taken over the contract, and just yesterday established a joint venture to share all food and drink with Sal's...I'd be careful with those brownies though...Native makes em, well...strong
...Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
Chuang Chou

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8726
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Psst..Fort..I make the fudge and brownies
and that rascal Native never has returned my
Tupperware container.

Sal, I want tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwich
and a big glass of milk. Ambles over to check
my stuffie.

buddie

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tee Hee ..I'm FUDGED :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHjT-TEqLBs
Fort did it

buddie

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Flinging & Digging through stuffies
I finally find Moon..Bad memories
I'm Sooooory.. Lets share A few of
Sals Irish yummmy buzzzy coffees :-)

Second Wind

Post Number: 2192
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 2:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mmmmmmmmm!!! Irish Coffee! Yeah! That's what I'M talking about!

moonhowler

Post Number: 929
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 6:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now, that's a darn good idea, buddie. Let's grab Second Wind and have some good old Irish coffee. NOW I'm beginning to feel better. In fact, everybody up to the bar for some Irish coffee, my treat, and Sal, pour a cup for yourself.

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MMM...Irish coffee. I have been so depressed and tired-this will help.
The phantoms and vampires of the Autumn have gotten to me-bad dreams,exhaustio...death seems frighteningly near...

this about sums it up-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtUpvJa9FmY&feature=related
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

buddie

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 4:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

For Kathy decker...
At Sals

buddie

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 5:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheesh Com'er Sal XO

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8777
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, I'll have Irish coffee as well.
Here's to ya Enya...your beautiful
voice always lifts me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH9-nGMGKFI&feature=related

kathy decker

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 10:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, thanks, I love that.i love Enya, too.mmmm, tired, the vampires are out tonight, the fog is thick outside my window.
hey, my head was beeping the other day-early in the morning, sounded like truck backing up. i had earplugs in-when I took them out, it stopped. weird
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2205
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Geeze, Kathy! No kidding????

Now that's creepy as hell.

But I understand. It's been a good long while (thank God or somebody) since I had that kind of thing happen to me.

Incidently, I have become afraid to wear earplugs. If somebody comes in again while I'm sleeping, I don't want earplugs to prevent me hearing! (Not that I would actually wake up in time.....oh, well, that's too deep a topic I guess.)

--------

Buddie, that was a killer video of Dolly with Alison and Dan singin' back-up! Made me cry!

Sal, another round of Irish Coffee for everyone!

Here's one for the mood I'm in.....

Your Long Journey

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8798
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 9:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Ya'll..could use some Irish
Coffee. I came across this version of Leonard Cohen's Hallalujah and was really moved by
it....can't stop listening ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE

buddie

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC yyous also brought me to tears
I do LOve music sooo much..
Mamas I Love KD .. she is such a
strong lady .. she was out up here
long before the Hollywood scene..

Lets Dance God I was so in love with him..
he came out just when we got this All Day
country video channel.. musta seen him 100
times in person YeeHawwww :-)

buddie

Post Number: 1191
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dang I mean SW (( ))
Sal stop swing'enn me

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 449
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 4:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

k.d.lang is a classic. I had no idea she had gotten so huge in main stream music.I knew that she was an Icon for the Womyn's Music Culture many years ago, but so few make it to the main stream. Creative, direct and inspiring, I love her. Thanks so much for the link.

And then I realized that she was barefoot on a wooden stage, well, how else can you ground that amazing energy.

kathy decker

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Exactly. I love her.
watcha got to cheer me up, Sal? I am hurting. broke my foot on Halloween, just before our big party.
four to six weeks to heal.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2219
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy, I am sending you healing vibes. I hope I am more effective sending healing vibes to others (you) than I am at sending them to myself!!!

I have been having more and more pain, and in increase in asthma symptoms. Seems like I kinda started going downhill again during and just after Hurricane Ike.

I can't tell you how tired I am of being in pain, unable to breathe, and unable to sleep.

Whine over.............

Here are a couple of tunes to add to the two posted by Mama and buddie.....

This is one of my favorites by k.d.. The video creeps me out completely, but the song is killer. It is an excellent one to listen to on a really good sound system.....really killer on headphones!

If I Were You

And here is just about my favorite by Dwight. He is sexy as hell!

A Thousand Miles From Nowhere

Here is a bottle of Champagne I brought....

...and my finest crystal flutes....

Let's clink our glasses and drink a toast to nothing and everything!

"Come on down to the Mermaid Cafe
And I will buy you a bottle of wine
And we'll laugh and toast to nothing
And smash our empty glasses down
Let's have a round for these freaks and these soldiers
A round for these friends of mine
Let's have another round for the bright red devil
Who keeps me in this tourist town"

Carey

buddie

Post Number: 1214
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Juke Box Drive By
1966 Rock .. Tee Hee

moonhowler

Post Number: 932
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 4:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just stickin' my head in the door to let you know I'm still kickin'. So . . . Howdy, all. I'll get back with ya soon. Meanwhile, gotta rest.

Have fun. :-)

fortwynt

Post Number: 7203
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 4:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

glad to see you back, moon.
Chuang Chou

Second Wind

Post Number: 2268
Posted on Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hugs to moonhowler!

Two songs for us moonchildren.......

(I'm a Cancer!)

Make You Cry & Howl!

Make You Dance & Drool!!

(R.I.P. Phil Lynott!)

Nothing for me right now, Sal.....can't stay.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 492
Posted on Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello,moonhowler. Hello, fort.My hrs are semi-normal these days as I deal with daytime errands and chores...Wore myself out going to Redding,,,and raging insomia,,now I ache too much to sleep for much more then a nap after fussing with plywood and tarps.........ah I could be out doing a burnpile or three..or moving the huge wet pile blocking one driveway//sigh..Wood to stack and I need to feel stable enough to get on the roof and re-install my rain gutters after my tarp job.

Normally I hibernate once the snow piles up a bit, but...I need to get out and talk to neighbors about the upcoming water district vote on to recall or not the present board of directors,,since I am one.

Lots on my plate,THanks Giving dinner for 10 family members here. Not on Thanks Giving as the youngest is with his Father that day....so someday close to Thanks Giving I will be cooking.

Sunshine today, well mostly as there are more storms coming this way.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2269
Posted on Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And one more To Soothe You!

buddie

Post Number: 1226
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal .. going to pay my respects
on ole Juke its "Remembrance Day"
Glad to see you wear'en a poppy
bless their weary souls
Music by Ashley MacIsaak

(Message edited by buddie on November 11, 2008)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8875
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you Buddie, wipes away tear.

My Daddy served in WW2..my first cousin lost his life in the Korean conflict.

I just am in the mood for tomato soup and
grilled cheese sandwich..gonna share it with my "stuffie".

kathy decker

Post Number: 1048
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 5:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Haha mams-that is exactly what I had for lunch tuesday!

buddie

Post Number: 1241
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon lets go for a walk
I don't see too many books titled
'How to Think for Yourself'
on her Flippin' little Oprah list!!

Second Wind

Post Number: 2328
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I sure do loves me some Beatles!

What wonderful memories of what seemed like, at the time, such an innocent time.

Retrospect shows me, it was not so innocent. But still, despite the bad stuff, it WAS some really good times.

That song (and the whole Revolver album) reminds me of my first LOVE. My first SCHOOL DANCE, my first KISS.

And, I dedicate this song to Berghaus, even though I don't know if he ever lurks in Sal's!!!

....We invented MTV!

Sal, can I have some hot cocoa?

buddie

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sals Buds are drop'en in tonight
Removes Table cloths

kathy decker

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi everybody! Raining and dreary outside, let's all have a big brunch and watch the Wizard of Oz.

I'll have a mimosa, french toast and soy sausage,and later a big chunk of crumb cake with coffee and lots a cream.

I'll light the fireplace, and everybody grab a stuffie and give me your order. Sal will cook and I will serve-then we'll all snuggle in for the movie-yes, Sal, that means you, too. Now who wants to order first?

Just to get us in the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ZULpr8m5o

buddie

Post Number: 1269
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal and girls.. I have my cowboy boots
on today I think I'll play Blue Rodeo Losing You

buddie

Post Number: 1270
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ooops hi fort way over there #7203 :-)

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 523
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 7:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

BIG BEAR SIZED YAWN Is it spring yet?
Where is everybody? I thought I smelled turkey, WHAT it's not even Thanksgiving?

Sal,Would ya please pass me the coffee pot?And some catnip tea, hold the water? I got some coffee flavored brandy here to sweeten it up..I see a nice patch of furry stufffies near the fire, and I got one of my black cats for company..

Buddie

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal..An Irish Coffee with lots
of cream and nutmeg.. Joins LS by
the fire.. I used to have 2 pure
black cats.. one female one male
I called them Bonnie and Clyde..
I raised them from kittens they
fought a lot one day I came home
from work and found one beautiful
kitten in my sock box on the closet
floor.. I couldn't believe she had
a baby let alone was pregnant.. I
was so happy.. 2 days later I came
home and she was lying next to her
dead kitten.. there was a big gash
on its head..I know Clyde did it and
years later I now understand .. but
it was sad just the same I would have
loved to see their baby grow up..
Even though they were sister and brother ..
Ummm stretches toes close to the fire
Night all

moonhowler

Post Number: 935
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 4:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Howdies to all. Still resting up from Thanksgiving. Hope all of you had a nice day, whatever it was that you did.

Had lots of rain yesterday, and turned cold today. . . well, cold by our standards, only about 75 during the day and upper 50's at night. Gonna be colder in an hour or so, probably lower 50s to upper 40s.

Gonna see the brain surgeon Wednesday at 6 pm. Why he has to make the appt to late I'll never know, but knowing "neuro" guys, that means I probably won't get out of the office til 11:30 or midnight. Not too keen on that. Might fall asleep at the wheel on the way home. His office is right on Biscayne Bay, next to Mercy Hospital,so at least I'll get to see the waters of the bay and the wind will be cold. That part I like, cold sea air blowing in my face and hair.

Nothing for me tonight, Sal. Gonna grab some shut eye. Hey, Buddie. Thanks for all the songs.
Nighty-nite.

Buddie

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 5:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Song for Moon
Good night little one

Hope its all good new Wednesday (hugs)

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 546
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 12:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Take it easy Moonhowler.

moonhowler

Post Number: 936
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 4:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the music, Buddie. Was very thoughtful of you. Thanks, Sage for the good words. Today's the day.

Dum-de-dum-dum !!!

Mama Shine

Post Number: 9050
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 3:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good thoughts your way, Moonhowler.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2339
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 2:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon, please let us know how it went! You've been in my prayers.

Nothing for me, Sal. Too tired to stay.

Buddie

Post Number: 1346
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sals nose has charcoal ash on it LOL
AAAwwwwwwwwwwww.. I'll help ya Sal..
Yuuumm the kitchen smells Gooood :-)
Lets play a tune for Sal :-)
White Christmas

Second Wind

Post Number: 2349
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 6:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Checking in to see about Moonhowler.....

MOONHOWLER, PLEASE COME BY AND TELL US HOW YOU ARE!

(SW sits down by buddie, and asks Sal for some Irish Coffee and banana nut bread with butter.)