Archive through October 11, 2008 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through October 11, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 1834
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 3:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

forty, I don't expect eloquence! I just hope for honesty!
"In the end, only kindness matters."

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

About a week ago just before I woke up, I dreamed I was reading a headline about a famous comedian who died too young. This morning, the first headline I read was about the death of Bernie Mac.

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 6443
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

that's so f'ed up, as i was getting ready to leave work this morning they were saying he may have to be in the hospital for several weeks, but that he was still alive....wtf.
"All my heroes have now become ghosts, sold their sorrow to the ones who paid the most...all my heroes are dead and gone, but they're inside of me, they still live on."

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 805
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOoooh for Bernie Mac..
I have stuff like that too but
WTF do you do with it.. !!!!!!!

fortwynt

Post Number: 6452
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i had the same thing happen with george carlin...well not a dream, ok...but spontaneous discussion with a co-working about how bad he looked and how i thought he'd be the "next one to go"....what is this some sort of conspiracy against great comics?
"All my heroes have now become ghosts, sold their sorrow to the ones who paid the most...all my heroes are dead and gone, but they're inside of me, they still live on."

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1679
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
- Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)

blue
Advanced Member
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 309
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 5:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sorry if this has been brought up b4, but I have series of dreams. Not like a chapter book -- there's no sense of sequence that I remember. They often happen over a parameter of years and are sporadic.

By series, I mean the place and time of the dream stays the same (cant remember about the characters -- I'm thinkin sometimes yes, but most of the time, no) -- havent really had these for a few years ... but I remember them periodically, as I have been remembering my dreams like sometimes all the time lately. (another thing I wanted to ask ...) Anybody remembering dreams from years ago a lot. Its like they've become part of my waking thought process (information-wise).
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

erBinn
Username: erbium

Post Number: 80
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 9:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yes blue....ive been doing that recently..remembering dreams from my past...its as if i never forgot them....they were stored away...and are now being released when something triggers them from my waking state.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 8081
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 2:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Blue, funny I was just thinking about that yesterday..about how certain specific dream
episodes from the past have become permanent. They just surface from time to time and are actually not that outstanding in content. But the episodes are always the same..hard to explain. They are almost like real life memories but aren't.

erBinn..I'm not sure if they are triggers..could be...hmmm
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

Second Wind

Post Number: 1837
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 4:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fascinating.

I, too, was thinking yesterday about posting about the sudden recollection of past dreams or dream fragments.

I also get this with actual memories or memory fragments.

The odd thing is, I am referring to these flashes that come up for no apparent reason. I can often explain or understand how memories and/or dreams can come up due to specific triggers.

But it's the ones that seem to come for no reason that kinda freak me out.

The other thing about these flashes....is that, most of the time, when this happens, it IS just a flash....a fragment....

Also, a thing that happens as well (and this happens a LOT when I am posting or reading here??) is that I will get a flash or fragment of a dream or memory, and it will be like something that is on the tip of my tongue, and then, just as quickly as it tries to surface....it's gone!

It's as if there is some kind of built-in "pop-up blocker" in my mind that suppresses certain (?) memories or dreams.

It's as if my subconscious says, "Here, quick, look at this that you have forgotten!" But instantly, the "built-in sensor" says, "Oh, no, you don't!!!"

***sigh***

Had weird movie-like dreams last night, and "'shrooms" came up in a conversation in the dream. Hmmm.

shedmyskin
Username: shedmyskin

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 9:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My sister told me about a dream she had the other night involving mass alien landing, but there was a funny part I wanted to share.

In her dream she was talking with a robot like alien who was complaining non stop about how ever since he hooked into the earth internet to check his mail he'd been getting virus after virus in his pancreas.
If you can be told what you can see or read....then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.

erBinn

Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I also had a dream about a month ago, involving mass alien craft hovering....luring people....in the dream my family and I knew not to go near them.

Lassen Sage
Intermediate Member
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,Just before waking I have noticed a built-in-sensor blocking dream memories.I have never heard or read of anyone else describe it before you.I only am aware of it just after awakening.

Washington
Username: ron

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

shed - hilarious. I love that!

bean
Username: tina

Post Number: 632
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had an interesting one last night.

I was dancing with my dad. He was carrying my mom on his back.....(and he is, actually.).. Then, I was dancing alone...except, I wasn't. Invisible to me, but understood, I was dancing with another father. I have to say, the whole thing seemed charming. I wasn't alone, when I was dancing alone.......

Second Wind

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 4:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, Lassen Sage, the "sensor" is often really persistent and strong when I am just waking up, and trying to remember a dream. It is as if there is a struggle going on between my own mind and the "sensor", with the "sensor" tugging and pulling at the dream/memory, leaving me only tiny fragments, if anything. It's like trying to hold onto liquid mercury.

erBinn

Post Number: 94
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 9:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I had a dream....that everyone {meaning the whole world} feel asleep and woke up perfected!

Lassen Sage
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 163
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

erBinn,Great dream to share,Thanks.

blue
Advanced Member
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 325
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 4:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

beautiful dream -- erBinn. I think it will happen that way for some people -- maybe you are one :-)
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

Ldyhawk369
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 631
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Have had 2 dreams of aliens trying to take over bodies. In one they were little blue balls of light, and in the other you could only see them out of corner of eye, they looked human but moved like in a flash.

fortwynt

Post Number: 6573
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 8:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed I was in the middle of a very fundamentalist religious "cult" (if you will)....most of the children looked very similar, red headed and similar facial features, I assumed it was incest of some sort.

One girl with long red hair decided that she didn't agree with some of the things she was being taught, and an announcement came over the intercom immediately summoning her to "the room"....I followed her there, and looked in before the door closed and saw the room was full of the adults, the "parents", and they were going to beat her (or so I assumed)....I knew I couldn't stop them so I didn't try....but I did convince one fellow that this was all very bad stuff, and he agreed...at that time, the oldest woman of the group popped up in the window and pointed at me...I knew i had to get out right then and there....So i flew, posthaste, with the boy under my arm, down the hill....

As I approached the exit at the bottom of the hill, I realized that the only way to escape was to fly straight through the elaborately and intricately designed enormous glass panes...there was no other way...so I flew through them, and got to the bottom, out of their grasp....

Soon after, the red-headed girl appeared again and was trying to persuade the boy to come back..."you are the head of the youth council, you CANT leave!" "We were supposed to be married!" she told him....I noticed as she was talking this small little red tentacle was coming out of each of her eye sockets, and on the end of each was a word. I cant remember now what though.
"When all of your wishes are granted...many of your dreams will be destroyed."

MM

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8287
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't know if this is really a dream
or just an image or feeling I've noticed
lately. I feel I'm in in a hatched egg and I'm trying to get on out, like get loose of the gooey stuff that holds me and work my way loose. I've watched baby chicks and ducks free themselves out and I just can't seem to get out of the cracked egg..sometimes I almost think I'm out and then the thought or image goes away.

(Message edited by mama_shine on August 28, 2008)

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 680
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the other night I dreamt that i was outside looking at the stars when some of them began to move into a formation. Looked kinda like a V on it's side. Then a few nearby just took off, shot out and away super fast. Then as I stared at the V formation a red ball of light shot out and went toward another group of lights in the night sky. when it reached these other lights the sky lit up like a picture of the northern lights might look. I got the impression that a weapon had been fired, then it happened again and I ran inside to tell someone what was taking place. Then I woke up.

erBinn

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 8:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamt last night....I was outside of my parents house with my best friend shawnee...and we were looking at the sky..when all of a sudden a craft appeared in the distance and shot right up into the sky....then hovered...I was screaming for my father to take a look...but he ignored me....I was going crazy...cause I wanted to catch it on film...then my digital camera appeared....I zoomed in on the object...it was cylindrical and rotated from top to bottom...not sideways like one would normally....the craft was white no with a circular bottom....then it began to emit a white haze...I watched it descend onto the earth....I was then shown a time line...and something of this magnitude has not happened in 70,000 years..what ever the heck that means?

Second Wind

Post Number: 1893
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am posting this in response to having read Stephen Martin's description on his profile of a strange dream he had.

I couldn't decide whether to post this here on the "Dreams" thread, or on the "Witness" thread.

It is technically more fitting for the "Witness" thread, because, over the years, with all I have learned about "stuff", I came to believe that a large percentage of "dreams" I have had since about 1975, were not "natural" dreams.

Nevertheless, I will post this here.

The very first dream of this type that I ever had, was in 1975, when I dreamed the exact outcome of a very famous horse race, the night before I watched the race on TV.

Ruffian

Ruffian/Foolish Pleasure Match Race

I did not follow horse racing. I had been aware, half-consciously, that the race would be on that day, simply because it was a match race that was such "big news".

At that time, I worked for a local TV station as the weekend switchboard operator/receptionist.

The only reason I watched the race that day was because the TV had been left on the channel that was broadcasting the race, which was the channel of the station I worked for.

As part of my job, I was required to watch the late news broadcast each night, and that was always the last thing I did before going home for the night. As a result, I had seen the promos/sports story that night about the race the next day.

When I got to work the next day, I turned on the TV as usual. The race was about to start.

I did not remember having had the dream until that very moment.

In a split second, I remembered the dream, and was then riveted to the screen, praying that my dream was "just a dream".

Tragically, it was not "just a dream". I watched as the nightmare became reality on the screen in front of me, as the announcer cried, "Ruffian has broken down!"

This is one of the more horrible examples of the kind of "precognitive dreams" I have had over the years.

Most of the time, the dreams are about relatively innocuous things. But there have been many times over the years, that it was some tragedy or horrific accident that I dreamed about, and then watched play out on the news or other TV program, (and sometimes, in actual daily events NOT on TV) the next day.

Thanks for listening.

graciesmom
Username: jmb

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night's dream was lucid, yet I had little control. This really strange-looking dude pulls me to him and I say "I know what happens next. I have to look into your eyes." He was chalky white and had a weird hat. He did not look alien, but then his mouth turned into a funnel shape and attached to mine. I felt something more than air being sucked out of me. Lately, I have also been having dreams of being pregnant nearly every night.

The other night I had a vivid dream of a huge circular "hospital" with modern, clean hospital cots stacked up like bunk beds. None of them was occupied, but whomever was showing them to me gave me the impression they were ready for immediate occupancy. Next to each cot sat a tray with food bars, juice boxes, and syringes. The whole arrangement looked clean, but terribly crowded. The beds floated, and were not anchored down.

Kokopelli
Advanced Member
Username: auriga560

Post Number: 324
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had this wild dream last night / early morning time. I was on the beach (a good 200 miles from where I live now; but I did grow up by the beach) and we came under a full nuclear attack. I could see and hear the bombs going off in the distance - it was very vivid. I could even see the vapor halo form around the mushroom clouds as they rose into the sky. It was just like watching old footage of nuclear tests.

Sure hope this wasn't prophetic, buy fortunately (at least in regards to this one) my dreams never really seem to be.
Knowing is arrogant; not knowing is stupidity; the way is far beyond both of these.

erBinn

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 7:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

graciesmom...sounds like your reproductive system is still of some interest to them...and the fact you saw cots is tell-tale of a harvest.....I just hope its at people's own volition.

As im typing this Im remembering my dream from last night....I remember my mother saying she is staying here....that she is going to take her chances and die on the planet!

Second Wind

Post Number: 1897
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Graciesmom, the first thing I thought of when you described the cots and little tables beside, was the images I have seen of shelters set up for hurricane evacuees, in the days prior to yesterday/today.....

graciesmom

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 4:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW, But were they STACKED up like, in a circular manner? and FLOATING?

erBinn

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 9:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So im back in dream mode again....I was dreaming of various different crafts last night....I would be walking in my dream see one in the sky, then I would begin reciting the Hail Mary, none of them picked me up...from what I can recall.....I do remember feeding a baby white mushy food.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1898
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Point taken, Graciesmom.

(Message edited by second_wind on September 02, 2008)

buddie

Post Number: 913
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was up and getting ready
for work this morning when
I realized it was Saturday..
I wonder why we sometimes do
that grrrr.. anyway I went
back to bed and had this
dream/thought process come
at me.. I'll try and piece
it together..we live in a
'hard' place in the Universe..
everything is made of atoms
so we can see this physical
place where the fit is not
perfect..we have a soul that
connects us to a soul source
that lives between the space
in the atoms where we fit in
perfect balance.That is what
dying feels like.. a perfect
fit as we move from one space
to the other.. well SOmething
like that

erBinn

Post Number: 100
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Beautiful Buddie!...my eye is always drawn toward imperfection.....yet this is such a beautiful planet we live on....I love being bombarded by thought processes....they come from you yet they are not from you....one of life's mysteries

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 4294
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, Buddie. I just stopped by here. On Saturday, I was having the almost exact conversation that was the subject of your "dream" with someone. A bit strange as to timing.

Last night I remember dreaming of this huge owl. I don't remember much else except thinking about how strange it was for an owl to be that big. How big? Best guess is three to four feet high.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 218
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 2:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One of my favorite repeat dreams before awakening to a work day alarm,was that I had already done the day and could sleep for a while.

As energy cannot be destroyed,the shift between is only difficult if we cling to a struggling form.I cling and it wasn't fun,though very roomy in the inbetween.I don't know if I was dying,but it sure looked like it for a while.

And on a lighter note I wonder????

Does anyone have really fun lucid dreams? I have a few stories to tell,but none are recent.

fortwynt

Post Number: 6668
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 2:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have lucid dreams quite often Lassen.

Over a period of years of lucid dreaming, I actually (believe it or not) "taught" myself the art of "flying" and moving things with my mind (in the dreams)....now most of my lucid dreams seem to revolve around this fascinating series of abilities. So much so, that while dreaming I think "wow i can do this so easily, i should be able to do this when i wake up" I have a very specific "feeling" when i do these things, that i (obviously) just can't seem to nail down in the real world (yet).
...Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
Chuang Chou

buddie

Post Number: 919
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow to timing SC..
I mentioned the dream to someone we
both know and he said he randomly
opened a Seth book and was reading
very similar material in the wee hours
Saturday morning :-)

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4297
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting, Buddie. I do have a correction to make, though. I had the conversation on Friday with someone who was explaining why certain empathic or telepathic experiences can seem so physical. The short of it was that the body reacts to the essence of Spirit that exists between what we call atomic particles.

buddie

Post Number: 921
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 3:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Time Zones
It's actually on going I had
another one but have not had
the quiet time to recall it..
Just the feeling is there and
words about expanding.. HECK!!
I'm ignorant about particle stuffs :-)

etsi
Advanced Member
Username: just_visiting

Post Number: 201
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

last night i dreamed paul newman turned into a koi! LOL i put him in a glass salad bowl!
life is tough. i'm tougher.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 4298
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 5:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Heck Susi. Didn't Don Knotts turn into a fish in one of his movies?

etsi
Advanced Member

Post Number: 203
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i don't know.

i didn't even have pizza!

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 219
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A porpoise I think,with his face...In one very vivid dream. I was a big brown bear in a sunken living room full of multi-colored orbs and surrounded by glass doors opening to the outside.

In another I looked down to see my human legs covered by a short Indigo fur.

etsi
Advanced Member

Post Number: 210
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

bear-symbolizes the awakening of the unconscious.

short blue fur? you dreamed you were a smurf? :-)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8341
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

etsi, wonder what fish represents
because I heard Paul Newman was dying
and didn't have but weeks or so to live.
May be rumor...dunno

etsi
Advanced Member

Post Number: 212
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i haven't heard that.

i don't know what fish means. maybe mark does.

fortwynt

Post Number: 6677
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think there are SOME symbols which MIGHT, i repeat MIGHT be universal symbols in the collective consciousness, that maybe could be said to represent certain concepts to all or most people in a dream....but I have to be honest, I have to believe that most if not ALL dream imagery is just as individually meaningful as the individual is individual.

I think sometimes a fish is just a fish, or rather a fish has some deeper meaning to "you"....

for instance I almost always seem to dream about finding lots of money just laying around...but not regular money....really super OLD money....why? Some might say "finding money in a dream means x, y, and z"....but I would say that it has some personal meaning.

I also dream about losing my teeth like in EVERY dream.....some would say "losing teeth represents a feeling of loss of control"...but i think, for instance, im just worried about losing my teeth.....and i am.
...Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
Chuang Chou

etsi
Advanced Member

Post Number: 213
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i agree that symbology is personal. i don't go in for 'dream books'.

but i also sometimes tap into other people in my dreams. my brother knew paul and he did like to fish.

don't know if that's anything.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8342
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I always sorta thought of fish as spirit
or to do with spirit, as does water.

fortwynt

Post Number: 6679
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I always feel there are a number of possible things going on with dreaming.

I think, one, that many dreams are simply the way our "minds" experience day to day reality unfiltered by our "higher" logic....for instance, I might think someone acts a little aggressively, and in waking life I might chalk that up to my own sensitivity, and the issue is forgotten, but when i DREAM of that person I might dream of them smashing things, looking really angry and obtuse, maybe even dream of them as a dragon or monster of some sort....

I might feel, in waking life, that I have differing and opposing viewpoints on certain issues, and forget about it more or less, but in dream I might look in a mirror and see someone elses face besides mine....see what I mean?

I might, in the waking world, look at the sky and think "could there be invisible ufos flying around" just for a moment, an instant, then the thought is gone...then in the dream there are in fact many weird things going on in the sky.

THEN i think, some dreams are tapping into the collective consciousness of humanity...maybe some dreams have me "remotely viewing" the life of another, or have me playing the part of that person.

THEN maybe some dreams are prophetic, or some external source piping the dream to me for this reason or that.

THEN maybe there are dreams where my own subconscious is trying to DISPLAY something to me so that i can figure out a problem or work around the problem, and display it to me in symbolic form.
Chuang Chou

Second Wind

Post Number: 1929
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

All perfectly valid hypotheses, fortwynt!

Then, there are also the dreams one has when one's hiney is uncovered!

fortwynt

Post Number: 6680
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah I have those quite frequently. I have to say that I chalk those up to two things.

One, I am terrified of someone seeing me naked, or more to the point, I control the way I look (i am a control freak when it comes to my appearance) quite a bit, and i am terrified for someone to catch me at a point where I am "off guard" and see me in a way that I havent doctored up sufficiently.

Two, I think i have real issues with people seeing the side of me (metaphorically) where I am emotionally naked, as I tend to like to portray my actions, behaviors, speech, etc in a very calculated and controlled fashion.

Take my profile pic(s), I simply must show myself in a very limited fashion...I like to show myself (as opposed, say, to some abstract "icon"), but i can't handle showing myself in any other form than a shadow or a controlled portion of myself that obscures my face.

(Message edited by fortwynt on September 08, 2008)
Chuang Chou

fortwynt

Post Number: 6685
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I must say it is a very strange feeling, learning the fine art of moving things with ones "mind" in dreams....this applies to "flying" as well...as it is exactly the same principle involved, just making myself the "object" to be lifted.

In the beginning, it was a little chaotic, and I was all over the place with it...it would require vast amounts of concentration, and even then, the results would be unstable..the object would just rise up and fly into the ceiling, or fly right at my head and crash on the floor or against the wall.

in time though I was able to refine it to where, now, I can simply send a concentrated "pulse"...that's something of a mis-characterization though, hard to truly explain what goes on really...I just "connect" with the object somehow and "will" it to rise or fall comfortably or fall into my hand easily....also I used to have to extend my hand out, as a way to focus, now I can just "think it" and it happens.

What's curious is the way the mind behaves....

Like, it's actually harder to lift heavier objects, or rather once i have them "up" it's hard to maintain the "lift" for very long, whereas smaller objects are rather easy, very little effort.

And when I levitate myself, it's easy enough to do the "initial lift" but as I fly it "drains" and becomes harder to maintain....I usually have to physically touch other people to lift them, and i find it's much easier to cause them to lift, but the more I try to "carry" them along with me, again, the harder it is to maintain.
Chuang Chou

Second Wind

Post Number: 1934
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 3:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I should have been more specific!

The "uncovered hiney" dreams I was referring to are the weird nightmares I (and others) can have if we are physically uncomfortable while sleeping (such as being cold from being uncovered).

But....the "naked-in-public" dreams....yeah, that's a whole other realm!

I haven't had one of those in a long, long time! I used to have a recurring one where I was employed in a big high-end department store, like Saks, and it was my job to "demonstrate" bath products, like bubble bath, etc., by bathing in a big marble tub right in the big middle of the store!

I used to have (like 20 or more years ago) dreams of flying that were extremely real, where I would be ducking in and around the power lines and trees. I can remember that I used to always begin to fall to earth at the moment when I had the thought (in the dream) that I shouldn't be able to fly like that!!!

I have not had true lucid dreaming. I don't know why I never had the nerve to try harder to learn how. I bought several books about it, and I did actually try for a period of time, to learn the "looking at the hands" technique that I first read about in Casteneda's books.

I truly don't know why the idea scares me????

fortwynt

Post Number: 6689
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 4:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know exactly what you mean about the falling....I would either:

A: Start getting precariously close to power lines or tangled up in them.

or

B: I would realize I was getting really high and think to myself "if I go much higher im going to leave the atmosphere and not be able to breathe!".....

I also tend to have a problem where if I am being chased (i have a lot of "zombie" dreams where dozens of people are chasing me) I can initially "lift" into the air to get away, but for the life of me I can't seem to fly high enough to avoid their grasping hands....the harder I try, the more they grasp my feet and try and pull me back down.
Chuang Chou

Second Wind

Post Number: 1939
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 5:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

eeeewww!!!

Aprylla
Username: astralgazer

Post Number: 2113
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a dream the other night where I asked this entity, don't know what it was, if nuclear bombs were going to fall soon. It replied by showing me red and I heard a very loud buzzing. Probably not a good sign. Very odd experience.
"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul." Invictus William Ernest Henley

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1698
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 7:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

etsi:
last night i dreamed paul newman turned into a koi!

Koi are symbolic of masculine power in Japan,I hear. That fits.

LOL i put him in a glass salad bowl!

Newman makes salad dressings. That fits too.

etsi
Advanced Member

Post Number: 223
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 7:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks-makes sense. :-)

graciesmom

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 8:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Right before waking this morning, I had a lucid dream where I was with other adults and ... Whitley! We were crowded into a small room and all of us were wearing colorful, African-style clothing. We were trying to meditate to make something happen. At one point, Whitley got irritated at me, but then someone shouted: "Look at the envelope!" On the floor, there was a large blank white envelope. Shapes began to appear on it. Whitley grabbed it and put it on a chair. I pushed in and got on one side of the chair. Up close, I saw that there were many small pieces of colored wood chips lying flat on the envelope. They suddenly flipped up on edge into a complicated fish shape. Whitley yelled out with the delight of a child: "It's the Silver City!" and I woke up with a jolt, in horrific pain over my entire body, but feeling very euphoric.

buddie

Post Number: 942
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

IN my Dream World ..
I'm glad I never dream of WS..

Edit spelling

(Message edited by buddie on September 14, 2008)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8441
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 5:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had an injection by needle "dream"..
ha-ha..gotta call it a dream but I know better.
They appear as dentists..ha-ha..okay, right before I woke up, the last painful,and I mean PAINFUL injection was behind my right ear. The "dentist" appeared to be very tired and was complaining to me about it.

buddie

Post Number: 958
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 6:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Heres an "I Wish it would not happen Hug"

sharLr
Advanced Member
Username: sharlr

Post Number: 440
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 5:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had an odd one last night. Dreamt I was on an overnight ferry crossing; on waking the next morning, I found my breasts had swollen immensely. The left one had swollen so much it had stretched the skin almost to bursting! I called my partner over to have a look, lifting my top to show him. As I did this, breast milk began to flow in copious amounts over my hands. I looked at my partner who was looking as confused as I was. At this point I woke up.

Lots of cheeky remarks from my other half when I told him about this one..
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." 'Morpheus'

Ldyhawk369
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 639
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A while back I experienced something strange before I fell asleep, I was still awake with eyes closed but saw scenes flash before me.One time I heard my name called. It stopped until last night I heard a voice say remember the 11. that was all. I don't know if it is the 11 day , month or hour? Just thought I would pass it on.

erBinn
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 117
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hello....i dreamt of three bunny rabbits....on the 3rd...and last night i dreamt of 3 people who were explaining the earths new position...but i countered that i already knew...we r bout to take venus' position...and i bet with the one that it is so! In retrospect he was telling me about earths progression, then questioned whether it was true or not! Weird!

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 366
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have had lucid dreams since I was a child about practising levitation,sometimes alone and sometimes with a group of people.And some of these people have been part of my life,and others have not appeared,yet.

Germanicus
Username: scorpius

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Two nights ago I was dreaming and suddenly I realized that I was astral traveling. I was talking to a guy the size of a child. His skin was pure white and he had giant eyes. He was very child like. I had a feeling he was from the future but I'm not exactly sure about that. He asked me what kinds of food I ate. I told him all about the foods that are a normal part of my diet. Then he told me that the food he ate was grown on the moon! I got the impression it was something like a fungus but I could be wrong about that. He seemed to send a mental picture of the food he ate but I've never seen anything like it. He also sent me the impression that he really enjoyed it.

Anyway about that time my house cat started jumping up and down on my head so I would wake up and feed him breakfast. (He does this every morning!!!) I was pulled back into my body instantly. I felt really tired like I hadn't rested at all.

It was a strange experience.

fortwynt

Post Number: 6887
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed there was a fisherman whose wife left him because he wasn't making any money....recall the person who bought his fish from him saying he still have 5 kilos of salmon no one would buy....the wife left him eventually.

But soon after, he found a way and a place to catch massive amounts of some other type of fish that was apparently in high demand....and soon after, he had gotten rich from it.

He then found his wife and asked her to come back to him, and upon learning he was rich, she agreed.

A curious thing soon happened....their bodies began drying out and changing to rubies, diamonds, and other various gems...their hands falling off smashing on the ground and turning to gems....which they would then try their best to bag up because they were excessively greedy....also many other people, upon learning this, began trying to take these gems as well.

I got a nice sized bagful of them myself.

Apparently the entire world began reaping the benefit, as apparently others were turning into gems as well....but right as tthe whole world was enjoying being wealthy, a well known entertainer spoke out against the gems, and their value in the world immediately dropped rendering everyones gems totally worthless in a matter of days.

I recall having them thrown at me in disgust as the opinion of the population changed.
Chuang Chou

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 384
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fort,that is a really interesting dream. I have wondered just what all my interactions with gem stones and crystals are doing to my body.

Whatever has happened to me has restored the powers of my memory. My brain has apparently healed itself amazingly well.

I have been dreaming of learning about computers,not exciting and maybe helpful.

bean
Username: tina

Post Number: 658
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 11:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The OPINION of the populace is determined ...unfortunately, by those in a position to dictate WHAT is valuable... AND by those who do not think for themselves.

The body parts droping off into gems, would be the true nature of the being..dryed up
un full filled....PRECIOUS even so.

Maybe there is concern over ability to provide for loved ones...????

fortwynt

Post Number: 6890
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 1:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmm...that's an interesting (and perhaps valid) take bean...gives me food for thought.
Chuang Chou

fortwynt

Post Number: 6896
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 7:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As always, i dreamed of my old decrepit(sp?) abandoned Junior High school. Lately I have heard talk that they will demolish it. In my dreams today I was going to watch it be demolished so i drove there....there were literally hundreds of other cars pulling in to watch.....for some reason they were all circling around the building....there was an accident, someone was killed.

As is typical in death dreams, it "reset" and i was able to 'start over' at the beginning and try to affect the outcome....I realized that no matter what i did, it still kept turning out the same way.

Mysteriously, the fellow who was killed, came back to life...apparently this whole situation (the school demolition) was manufactured to lure a certain number of people in so that "aliens" (or whatever) could "infect them"....but upon being infected one couldn't readily tell the difference by looking at them....it was subtle.

I was told i had to go into a classroom...when I walked in there were all my former classmates sitting neatly at desks in this place...after a few minutes I thought "hmm this is all very strange" and got up to leave, at which point i got the distinct impression that i would be stopped....they did attempt to do so....these little white creatures or beings...fairly short, maybe 3 feet talk...very chalky or white in appearance with sunken in dark eyes....i picked on up and threw it, another lunged at me as a grabbed the doorknob, and i got the idea to spit on it....strangely when i did this, it ate away it the thing like acid and I was able to get away.
Chuang Chou

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8688
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 8:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Its weird about your school, Fort.
You've spoken about it in waking reality..
about how you'd like to look around but feared asbestos. Now, that may be where the "infect them" comes from.

Didn't you once have a dream about Whitley and this school setting? Is the school still there in reality. This "school" interests me..could there have been an encounter in the area or something UFO or "other" related?