Archive through September 25, 2008 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through September 25, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 6683
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, the explanation goes like this. Excessive acid is actually CAUSED by a PH imbalance in the stomach...where the stomach is not ACIDIC ENOUGH, so it produces more and more in an attempt to balance out the PH.

By drinking a drink of vinegar it provides a quick balance to the acid/base levels in the stomach...thus triggering the stomach to stop production of acid (or reduce it dramatically)
...Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
Chuang Chou

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 1931
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fast food is like a drug.

Why do I do it, when I KNOW it will make me sick????

****slaps forehead****
"In the end, only kindness matters."

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 6684
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've discovered that the main culprit behind my heartburn, I believe, is "soda" (pop, to me)....In the past 3+ weeks I haven't had but maybe 2 or 3 pops, and have had a dramatic decrease in heartburn.
...Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
Chuang Chou

dakel
Advanced Member
Username: dakel

Post Number: 353
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh sal. so tired. hold the coffee tonight-yeah, I know, crazy.

Hugs and love to all. I'm gonna pass out in the booth in the back for awhile. Can you all keep an eye on me and wake me around sun rise? Make that two coffees when I wake up Sal. God bless ya.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1935
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 4:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dakel, if I can stay awake, I will be your gentle alarm clock.

But....no promises!

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 356
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the offer Second Wind. By the time I woke up you were slumped over on your own table--a plate with a few cold fries left lying near your head. How about a cup/pint of your favorite beverage? It's on me.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1943
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 7:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That sounds about right....me slumped over next to the remnants of cold french fries!

Probably had one too many "pints"???

So, with that in mind, I will take a cup of jasmine tea, and some shortbread cookies!

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 358
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

They're all yours second wind, dig in!

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 915
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

mmm shortbread cookes!I'll have some too, sal, and a glass of milk.
I am getting in a rut here. Let's open up some windows and let the cool autumn air blow out the cobwebs.
I think I will take an adult ed class at the local community college.
Tapestry weaving, or maybe a language. Something new and different to stimulate my mind.

AAh, these cookies are great.Full fat milk, too haven't had that in a real long time.

I remember when my favorite diner fare was coffee and a hard roll. Musta been a local fad back then, everyone else was ordering the same. Fresh rolls from the bakery, with little poppy seeds, lots of real butter and strong black coffee, mmm
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 361
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 2:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy, can I have Sal heat up that "hard roll" for you?

coffee all around Sal. Got anymore of those shortbread cookies Second Wind?

Second Wind

Post Number: 1949
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 4:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal always has more of whatEVER we might want!!!

"You can get anything you want at Sourdough Sal's Insomniacs paranoia cafe!!"

(Well, that doesn't work when sung to the tune of Arlo's Song, but, well, you get the point!)

If you have never listened to this (the original) before, do yourself a favor and listen!! It's hilarious....and a classic!! The link to part two is there on the page with part one.

Also, here is an interesting interview with Arlo!!!

Arlo Remembers Alice's Restaurant

Ahhhh.....more cookies! Thanks, Sal!

(Message edited by second_wind on September 10, 2008)

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 363
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 2:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Second wind, that was great...I think I see Sal smirking, drying a glass.

Hey Sal! Second Wind really needs a donut bad. Bakers dozen if'n you please.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 928
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 6:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW are you going to be safe from IKE ?

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 902
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 6:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Howdy, all. Moonhowler picks up blankie and a stuffy out of the stuffy pile and heads for the corner. Needs the solitude of the corner while feeling the friendly vibes of the folks at Sal's. She's gonna have a good, long cry.

Her daughter-in-law and son lost the baby-to-be, at the 3 month stage. Everyone is so, so sad. boo-hoo, boo-hoo. groan of agony. boo-hoo.

I'll be OK in a while. It's just the sad, sad loss of something that could have been. Please don't say "it's probably for the best" cuz that doesn't take away the pain. Just send some warm vibes and prayers, please.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ No good deed goes unpunished. ~~

kathy decker

Post Number: 927
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon, I will cry with you. Always a deep loss, the loss of a new life.
I believe the spirit that is meant to be their child will come back to them, though.
That does not make this any less sad.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 8366
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 5:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moonhowler,

I'm sorry..that is sad.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

buddie

Post Number: 934
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 8:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sooo nobody's heard from SW?

Moon I'm very sorry :-(
Maybe God wants that little
soul spirit back home ..
After all we come into
This World as Babies ..
AHem.. Sorry :-)

Sals menu today is
. thankie :-)

Second Wind

Post Number: 1956
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 2:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, Lordie, Moonhowler.....I am so sorry. Geee, when it rains, it pours, huh?

And speaking of rain........

Buddie, thank you for thinking of me. I made a post on the "Superstorm" thread about what's going on in my world. My sister is in Houston!

My stomach has been torn up for 24 hours now.

May God protect everyone.

Nearly 20,000 people, nearly 40% or the population, in Galveston, did NOT evacuate.

My sister is scared. I know that many are scared. I am scared for my sister.

She just called me again....she can't go to sleep. She said she is so tired she can't stand it, and she's going to put in earplugs (to drown out the sound of the storm, which she says is getting really loud) and try to go to sleep.

I told her I don't know if I will be able to sleep, and I don't know if I can stand not hearing from her at least once an hour. How will I know if she's ok, or if she's has lost power? She said she doesn't want me to call her, cause she is going to try to sleep.

This sucks big time.

And then, now, there is the news about the train crash in L.A......

I need something for my stomach and nerves, Sal. Do you have a remedy?

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8382
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 2:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW,

I know you are scared for your sister
and I know what she is going through.
My heart goes out to her and to you. Ya'll are in my prayers.

Love,

Gail

Second Wind

Post Number: 1958
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 3:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, Mama. I know that you KNOW how frightened she is.....and I am, as a result.

They said that Houston Hobby airport got its first hurricane-force wind gusts.

It's been more than an hour since I talked to her.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 231
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 7:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW,Hang on sweetie and try nibbling on dry oatmeal to settle your stomach down.If you have any slippery elm,take it.If you can manage to cook oatmeal,with honey and cinnamon would help the nausea.Dry heaves from nerves on an empty stomach is my least favorite way of toning my stomach muscles.

Sounds like you are picking up your sister.Likewise she is connected to you.And if you can calm yourself down,she will pick up that calmness from you.

Calling on Arch Angel Michael for protection,picturing his electric blue flame armor for you, your family and all of those in the path of this storm.

I got a very brief e-mail from friends in Denton, who are trying to catch a flight out this morning to Ohmaha before the airport closes.

Wolves,dogs and coyotees are howling this morning.And almost full moon insomnia is keeping me company.

Love and light to you and your sister.My dearest friend cannot stay awake whenever something major is happening.She finds her greatest comfort in dreamtime with her guides.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 234
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 7:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW,Hang on sweetie and try nibbling on dry oatmeal to settle your stomach down.If you have any slippery elm,take it.If you can manage to cook oatmeal,with honey and cinnamon would help the nausea.Dry heaves from nerves on an empty stomach is my least favorite way of toning my stomach muscles.

Sounds like you are picking up your sister.Likewise she is connected to you.And if you can calm yourself down,she will pick up that calmness from you.

Calling on Arch Angel Michael for protection,picturing his electric blue flame armor for you, your family and all of those in the path of this storm.

I got a very brief e-mail from friends in Denton, who are trying to catch a flight out this morning to Ohmaha before the airport closes.

Wolves,dogs and coyotees are howling this morning.And almost full moon insomnia is keeping me company.

Love and light to you and your sister.My dearest friend cannot stay awake whenever something major is happening.She finds her greatest comfort in dreamtime with her guides.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 235
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 7:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oops,sorry for the repeat,repeat,repeat...brain burp.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 237
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 7:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

O.K.insomnia rules,at least I have a fuzzy cat on my lap for company.Upside down with my time.It is my late night and for a nightcap. I am sipping a busch and flossing my teeth with shedding cat fur.

Almost time to fall into bed.All the cats are awake and the doggers still snoozing a lot.Too tired to chase many balls and tired of waiting for me to go to bed.

kathy decker

Post Number: 942
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, sal, how is everyone faring this morning? Pancakes for me, with a big glass of milk.Thanks.
I'm a little tired. the carbs will give me a boost.

I stayed up late last night, watching the storm and sending light to all affected by it.
We are safe here in NY, but never out of the woods. Any hurricane that comes up the coast or moves inland can stall and send tons of rain our way, and that makes the river rise.

We talked about it last night, Bill and I and our daughter. If it happens again, to we give up and move, or what?

Since the demolition of our neighborhood we are surrrounded now by beautiful state owned land that can never be built upon again, a permanent green space.

If it were to happen again, I think we would simply demolish the old house and build high, like they did with the office building up on Main St. Put the house on stilts, plant a shade garden beneath it, and a big wraparound deck and sunroom upstairs. I would put it up about fifteen feet.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1960
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LS.....what a sweet post....even if it was a duplicate!!

Now, I will not be able to get the image of you flossing your teeth with cat fur!!!!

Thanks for the idea of dry oatmeal! Excellent suggestion!!! However, I don't have anything but instant oatmeal, with all the sugar and flavorings in it. I will make a run to the store after a while, and get some real oatmeal.

I ate a big bowl of brown rice before I went to bed, and it did wonders. I wasn't having much nausea.....it was the "other" problem. I have immodium, but I don't like to take it unless it gets (and stays) really bad.

My sis is OK. She has no water, power, TV or internet....but she does still have here land phone line. (I forgot to ask her if she has cell service.)

She did go to sleep after we last spoke last night, and I finally fell asleep about 3:30 or 4 a.m.

Then, she called me at 8 am to tell me she was OK, and then we both slept for another couple of hours, and she called again at 10 a.m. so that I could update her on what the news reports are saying. She is really glad that she thought to go and buy the corded phone day before yesterday!

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 366
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

all the stress of storms is making me hungry for some serious carbs Sal. I'll take a tall stack of flapjacks please, and a tall OJ. Can I get anyone anything?

Second Wind

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sis now has water, although her pressure is really low. She is collecting rain water just in case she loses water pressure again.

Luckily, she has a gas range and hot water heater.

That is one of the few things I did not like about my new home (2 years almost); even though it came with a brand new range, it is electric....and I don't like it at all. Not only do I not like to cook with electric, but I would not be able to even boil water in the event of a power failure.

Well, I guess I could adapt to using my fireplace????....but that would sure not be much fun, regardless of time of year.

Well, Sal, I sure enjoyed the oatmeal!! (Thanks, again, Lassen Sage, for that suggestion!) My tummy feels tenuously better. For now, I'll take a weak cup of chamomile tea!!

Hugs to everybody!

kathy decker

Post Number: 944
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Great news that your sis is ok, SW.

Go on down to K-mart and check out the camping supply section. They have little propane stoves that you can buy, lanterns and fuel.

We had no power or gas for about two weeks after we were flooded. Fortunately our camping supplies were up in the top story of our garage. I felt I had a treasure when I found them! Propane stove, percolater for my coffee, propane portable heater, plastic dishes and some pots and pans and a big flat grill pan for cooking over and open fire!

They have single and double burner stoves, if you have a porch or deck you can cook out there.If you have a gas grill, some of them have burners on the side, too.

If not, just be sure to put the stove on a table near an open window when you cook.

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 3741
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't know why, but the thought of this confrontation just struck my funny bone...it was in our newspaper. I hope the Dog is OK and they guy got to watch the Bruce Willis movie.

Naked man walking dog Tasered by Tallahassee police

A 40-year-old man walking his dog in the nude Friday night in northwest Tallahassee was Tasered by police when he refused to follow an officer’s commands.

An officer on patrol spotted the man about 8:15 p.m. in the 2200 block of Hartsfield Road, said Officer David McCranie of the Tallahassee Police Department.

When asked what he was doing, the man told the officer, “Allah told me to watch a Bruce Willis movie and walk the dog,” McCranie said.

“He was obviously having some sort of emotional distress,” he said. “It was unfortunate we had to use the Taser. … It was the only way we could subdue him without having to hurt him.”

The man was then sent for mental-health evaluation and treatment.

Poor guy.
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8385
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lawds AS, that musta been a sight..po
fellow...still kinda funny to picture.

Wonder if there something to the "stress"
thing. I wouldn't have mentioned this but
since ya brought it up....here
goes. For the last couple days with all this
hurricane tension..wind and flooding, etc..I
have been getting this overwhelming urge to
strip nekkid, run on my top deck and screamin
like a banshee..

animalspirits

Post Number: 3743
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama,

As they say down here...

...any port in a storm...

~Yotee Coyote

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8387
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

True confessions time..hehe

I told my husband David awhile ago about the man walking the dog and then told him how I felt the
"nekkid" urge. He confessed that when the lights
were out during Gustav and it was so damn humid
and hot and frustrating that he took a shower in the wee hours of the morning. Then he got this urge to go outside (pitch black dark) nekkid. He said he walked to the curb and back.
Said he felt to much better after doing it that he was looking forward to doing it the next night but the lights were restored by then. Hope he don't mind me telling this...

animalspirits

Post Number: 3744
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama,

Maybe that what all those damned chemtrails are really about...killing the fashion industry.

~Yotee Coyote

kathy decker

Post Number: 949
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 1:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hahah-good for him!That's a man after my own heart! Next time you shiuld join him!

My back garden is surrounded by an 8 foot fence-when I have the urge to go skyclad I just step out the back door.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 238
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 2:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW a handful of dry oatmeal is the best cure and no cement-like side effects.LOL...

Second Wind

Post Number: 1962
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 5:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I discovered that, Lassen Sage!!!

Kathy.....how long will the little propane canisters for a campstove stay "good"?

That is a really good suggestion, though!!!! I feel rather DULL that I did not think of it!!! Thank you for reminding me of that option!

I do have a large patio, mostly covered, but a small portion not covered....so, no problems there, other than dealing with the cold if I should ever have to use it during winter.

I have used campstoves exactly twice in my life, but I remember them being very easy to use.

My sister cooked her dinner tonight on a Lil' Smoky grill, using charcoal. She had chicken, rice and veggies, which she cooked in foil on the grill. She said it was the best meal she had had in a long time!!!

She was so hot this evening, that she said she was running around with no clothes on, too. She was worried that she would not be able to sleep tonight, once she closed the windows. She said there was NO breeze, anyway.

She will make some kind of decision about whether to leave her house and go someplace else, where there is electricity, but she feels like she must wait until Monday, to check in with her boss, and see if anything has changed regarding the power outages.

I was scheduled (and had already purchased plane tickets) to fly to Houston on this coming Thursday. She bought us tickets for us to go see Santana in concert on Saturday night, in The Woodlands Pavillion. Based on the projections for restoring power in Houston area, looks like the trip will probably not be happening.

Oh, well......like she and I said to each other earlier; despite everything, we are still blessed.

Hugs!

moonhowler

Post Number: 903
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 5:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW, so glad your sis is OK. The clean-up is going to be a hell of a mess. It does me ole heart good to see all you guys helping each other out. Let's hope we ALL get a little time off for good behaviour (I can't help it, I use the British spelling some times. Must have been a Brit in a previous life !!) I'm going to bed now (it's 5:44 am) and will have good dreams about you guys.
My Dina and my son are toughing it out OK. Little Steve is a little fussy because he senses something is wrong. I hope to see them tomorrow.

Sal, when everyone wakes up and/or comes in for breakfast put it on my tab. I love to treat folks, especially since your prices are so wonderful. $0.00 for anything on the menu. Bless you Sal.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1965
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 6:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am about to go to bed, as well......finally! It's 5 a.m. here.

I will say prayers for you and your family before I fall asleep. I am so sorry about the loss you all have suffered.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8416
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 1:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Walks in and places fishing pole next to the jukebox. Sits at the counter and slaps a big ole catfish down. Sal..can ya clean and cook this up for me and add some french fries and a green salad. Whatcha lookin at me like that for..no I ain't crazy...well, maybe a little..full Moon, ya know. Please do it for me Sal..I swear I won't make it a habit..just I hate to clean fish and I hate to see it go to waste. Look at it this way, If ya don't it'll get ta smellin and ....thanks Sal, you the greatest.

moonhowler

Post Number: 904
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 6:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama Shine, where's the hush-puppies and grits to go with that catfish. Bet Sal's hush-puppies are the greatest in the world. Man, look at the size of that fish! Where'd you catch it? Fishing down here isn't good anymore. Fish from the 'Glades have too much mercury to eat more than once a week, and fishing from the bridges over the ocean inlets is flat crappy and they're always putting up no swimming signs due to polluted waters - usually E.coli. I ain't eatin' no fish that's swimmin' in polluted waters! Dang, I want my old Miami and old Coconut Grove and Biscayne Bay back.

Now, you just sit there and wait for Sal to get all the vittles put together & I'll swipe some of the grits and hush-puppies (and maybe a little salad?).

And here's to all those who lost so much with H. Ike. May they get their lives back to as close to normal as possible in as few weeks as possible. And I haven't forgotten about the folks in Haiti and the Dominican Republic & Cuba and every place else - all the way to Canada.
Old Ike was unbelievable. May we never have another like him.

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 1968
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 6:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dear Sheila, I have rarely visited this thread, but having done so now, I just want to let you know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandchild. You'll get no platitudes from me; a death is a death and must be mourned fully. Having gone through the same thing with two of my children, I share your tears.

It seems your "weary load" has been especially heavy lately, and while I can do nothing to lighten it, I can offer a sympathetic ear and a strong shoulder to cry on. If you ever need to pm this old Irish girl, please don't hesitate to do so.

Much love to you. miaree9 aka Molly

kathy decker

Post Number: 958
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, mamas, that is sure some fish! Bill does a lot of fishing here in the Susquehannah, but we aren't supposed to eat them, so he throws them back.he and bret take photos with their cameraphones to show us wimminfolk what mighty fishermen they are!

Dang, sal, I need some good ole comfort food.I smell that ole casserole my mom used to make, with the ground beef, tomatoes, green peppers and onions corn, macaroni and cheddar cheese. MMMM Somehow I just knew you were trying out that recipe today.Dessert? chocolate chip cookies and homemade vanilla ice cream.

SW-I don't really know how long the propane canisters stay good, but we had one a few years and it was fine.

Moon, I'll raise a glass with you to those who suffered through Ike. Take it from one who knows, the coming back is long and difficult, but it is worth it to hang in there. Oh, and FIGHT-fight for everything you can get. FEMA will find every excuse in the book not to help you out, and you have to stay on them.

buddie

Post Number: 960
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SAL THINKS ..
"Lawdy Mamas I'm so glad to see
sump'en by that Juke Box
We used to have Skies plunked in
the door corner but thems just memories"
^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^

BOO!! Sal you driff'en off ??
Buddie runs to the Stuffy Corner

kathy decker

Post Number: 965
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 7:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mmmm.. I need a stuffy too. Just wrote an emotionally draining post over in the sarah palin thread, don't like to dredge up all that muck, but people need to know what politics mean to the individuals affected by them.

I know... Buddie, lets have sal mix us up those nice cold banana chocolate milk shakes-the kind with creme de cocoa!

Mamas-you are gonna love these!
We can have all we want, cause nobody ever gets too drunk at sal's!

kathy decker

Post Number: 966
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 7:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lookee here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMa_C6Zjbdo&feature=related

buddie

Post Number: 962
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AAAwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lets dance

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8446
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm dancin'...gots me a creme de cocoa drank
and lovin' it..what I like about Sals.

Kathy, that song was perfect.
yum diner food.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8447
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy, I know your Dad was a singer. Well today is my Daddy's birthday and he just loved to sing..not pro or anything just loved music like me. He loved this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jgma--0WYU

kathy decker

Post Number: 968
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

mmmm, I love diner food-this drink is great sal! keep em comin

moonhowler

Post Number: 905
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 3:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, miaree9. Will do. - Later. - I gotta hit the sack now and grab some shuteye. People are coming early tomorrow morning to take out the palm tree from which my hubby fell off the ladder and broke his back. Hubby's getting around good enough to "oversee" (from a lawn chair) what they do and make sure they clean up their mess.

Meanwhile, I gotta go do the grocery shopping tomorrow, and they're sure to wake me before I want to wake up. Have to use one of those ride-around thingies to shop- can't walk the whole store.

Plus I've gotta find somebody who will go with me to the neurosurgeon on Sept. 30. I can drive OK, but need someone to get the wheelchair in and out of the SUV. No mass transit where I have to go, and cab fare on disability is a real laugh. Not knowing what the surgeon has to say is beginning to make me nervous now. It's been 5 months since I was diagnosed with the tumor.

You guys play some more good music, and 'splain to me how to get tunes to this site. I'm a computer idiot. I was 38 years old when I sat down at the computer for the first time and had to teach myself. The doctor I worked for was President of the American College of Ob/Gyn, had no idea how a computer works, thought it was like a typewriter, ergo didn't tell me I was getting one so he could be in touch with Wash. D.C. everyday. I walked in one morning, and screamed "Where's my typewriter?!" Then he tells me to type to D.C. because he has an important paper to get out. Whaaaa.......? Oh, it was really fun trying to figure everything out.

The joke was on me. I hope you all got a laugh out of it. I was almost in tears at the time it happened, and not from laughter. So, HELP.......

Hugs all around to everybody.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 245
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 2:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moonhowler,I have to use those electrical carts in the really big stores if I want to walk instead of stagger out after shopping.Happily they are massive steel plated and ground really well.

I get strange looks because I look normal,but what the heck.Mostly I order on-line whatever I can,or wait months for a relative to shop.Keeps me humble.

buddie

Post Number: 973
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Honestly Moon I myself don't
know when the big switch happened..
I was grateful at work that I was
chosen as one of the quicker picker
uppers at the time.. we were forced
to engage in EDI ...
Electrical Data Interchange between
our Buyers.. I'm a relative newby to
Message boards though and A question
to your uploading videos question..
Why can't you watch them..We will start
here

moonhowler

Post Number: 906
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 5:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yea, Lassen Sage, I get strange looks, too. We have what they have termed "invisible illnesses", i.e. not readily apparent - no broken bones or strange contraptions to wear - so I pay them no mind anymore. If I were not a "lady" and afraid I would get shot on the spot, I'd give them the bird finger, but that would do no good anyway. THEIR TIME WILL COME !!!

buddie, all teachings gratefully accepted. It wasn't that I didn't want to enter the electronic age, it just got sprung on me without notice. Had I known, I could have gotten a book on basic computing and would have had some idea of what to expect. So... teach away, please.

I downloaded the PowerPoint reader, but don't have the thingy to upload to power point. Costs too much money. The reader was a free download. I don't know how to upload stuff to anyplace, unless there is a button marked "send" and I have whatever I want to send on the screen. That's my abundant knowledge on sending stuff. Email I can handle.

...and while I've thought of it again, way, way back on this thread I told you guys I have a brain tumor (will see neurosurgeon on Sept.30) and someone asked if I was a chronic cell phone used. The answer to that is NO. They are too costly. But, when my dis-eses finally made it impossible for me to do any distance walking, I signed up for a Tracphone which I keep with me when I'm out in the car, in case I have a breakdown. It cost $15 to buy the (stupid looking) phone, and I have to buy at least $10 worth of airtime every three months to keep it activated. I don't use it very well, because I don't use it very often. So, using a cell phone these past3 or 4 years probably didn't have anything to do with the tumor.

However, in my work as a histotechnologist, I helped out the secretary almost every day by doing some medical/pathology transcribing - and I did it for many years. I don't know if listening through the earplugs causes cancer or not.

I DO use a cordless phone with a headset here at home so that I have both hands free while I'm talking. I used to crochet and paint a lot, and was a support group leader who had to listen to new patients and answer their questions. Will the cordless phones give a person cancer? That was in use every single day and night, ergo the headset. We'd never have eaten, nor had clean clothes while I spent all that time talking with patients.

So, I'm off to bed again. It's 5:36 am, and I slept all day yesterday after doing the groceries. Knew I would, so it was no great surprise. Took a "nap" after supper and didn't wake up til 1 am. Now, that's a NAP!

Sal, what's a good toddy for sleeping at this hour? Don't want to sleep all day again, but am out of energy now and don't want to toss and turn. Wanna go see grand-kid & my kids tomorrow.

Happy hugs to all. (Let's steal Roy Rodgers' theme song Happy Trails To You, and make it "Happy Hugs To You", then we could all sing it. Or are most of you too young to remember Roy Rodgers early TV show? Ah, well, ya gotta be tough to grow older you know.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 260
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hay Sal,

I need to mind my P's and Q's,slide me over a frosty quart of dark with at least 3" of creamy frothy foam.

I missed my wkly outing and ran short.Forced to drink coffee in mass quantities in order to relaxe,I am burping myself awake..urp..

Moonhowler,glad to hear you made it through shopping.I skipped it this wk.Wore myself out learning to restore my computer and get it back on line.Took me three,or four times.

I had help the first time,sort of..and neglected to get a firewall and virus protection inplace.

Anyway by the 3rd time I almost had it perfect,except being clueless about the printer stuff.

And the internet went down about midnight,I stayed up 24hrs to get it going again.And did everything right.

Now,I am up 22hrs,out of my herb,and down a few pints and quarts.Too tired to safely drive the 20 min. to town and back,and with indigestion..

Almost ready go to bed sitting up totally braced with pillows.

It will be 2yrs in Feb,since my health crisis and still it almost feels like dying to surrender to sleep.

After being so weak,like a wet soggy noodle,my body panic from any kind of confinment,even the warm cozy covers,wakes me up.

And I know what kind of courage it takes to go out in the world with a body that cannot walk home.

My first health scare was a quick downhill slide that only took 6 months to escalate into a disability,after the first fatigue hit.

I went from being a State Park Maintenance Worker in beautiful Trinidad State Park,where I could cross a 600 acre park in 20min.

I ran heavy equipment,welded axes and cleared trails with ease for up to 9month a yr.Seasonal State workers have few benifits,and Permanent jobs required too much brownose work for me.

I felt that I needed more job security when 40 got closer.So a job close to the ocean at a marina seemed perfect.

After a yr on Woodley Island Marina with a permanent LongShoreman job doing maintenance and groundskeeping,I went out with a back injury.

It was an easy job,with a nasty foul mouthed boss.And it put me on the radar,literally as the Coast Guard and big fishing vessels seldom turned off their eqiptment,dispite HEALTH regulations.

I spend almost all of my time out in the weather on or around the docks.And became so fatigued and weakened that I could no longer roam the beaches just moments from my home in Trinidad.

Finally my body gave out with a back injury.My mind wasn't great either.I went home to my Mom who also had health issues,and almost made peace with our emotional issues.

When I got almost back together,I moved to Shingletown under a cell tower and the real nightmare begain.Wanting to stay with my life partner,my twin star is all that really anchored me here,so I fought to stay.

I have a real keen sense of what I risk with exposure to EM or whatever all wreaks me.Chemical exposure of almost any sort,too.

I am reclusive,and outgoing.Good thing, or I would never leave home.And I am grateful to still be here.

And oh,fig,I need to figure out how to put the spell check back on my e-mail.I spell by sight from reading so much,always hated school,so stifling,love to read everything,devour books daily...

Would rather read then sleep,so very happy to have this place,always more,and new stuff all the time..Rambling off to bed soon,just want to read a little more..

buddie

Post Number: 983
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know theres a Free Spell check
some where on Google.. I found it
AFter I paid for ABC

Hey Sal our UC Baby girl gets Married today..
Gelfie being the youngest in this shere crowd..
Lets do something festive and yummy :-)

moonhowler

Post Number: 907
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 4:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Congratulations. Champagne all around. Somebody put some festive music on the jukebox. Hooray!

Lassen Sage, you just find a stuffy, go curl up in the corner and snuggle with it, and drift off into a refreshing sleep. SW and I, and about 1 million others, know just what you went through. We feel your pain, know your frustrations, know the emotions you feel. But you've pushed yourself too far over this computer thing, so if you want to fell "human" again, you MUST rest, even if it's only to lay back with your eyes closed. Close your mind down and ease into a fugue state. Our good vibes from the wedding celebration will ensure a peaceful sleep. Then you'll feel much better after a few GOOD hours of sleep.

OPA !!

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 267
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brrr..64 degrees inside and 60 degrees and cloudy out today.

Feels like winter,but too soon for a fire.Time to put summer clothes away and get out the gloves and thermals.I could use a pair of gloves for typing,if I could find them.

Slept,woke-up for a few hrs,slept,then slept some more.Hyland's Calm Forte and Bach's Rescue remedy after a hot shower,then the big amethyst clusters(wrapped in t-shirts,ouch)finally got me sleeping.I woke up covered in cats,dogs,pillows and stones.

Thanks for the snooze vibes sent my way.

I tend to keep doing whatever I am doing,stubborn,obcessive kinds of traits.

Congratulations on the wedding.My Life partner's son just moved into a house on our street with his fiance,so we hope to have a wedding celebration sometime soon..

It's really great to have the kids happy and settled.Joe just came by and borrowed a radiating heater,as their kerosene stove wouldn't light,and their woodstove smoked them out when they tried it.

Joe is our careprovider for Adult-In-Home services,he and Susie are so kind and gentle-hearted.We are so happy that they fell in love,of course his Mother and I knew that was going to happen.

Out of the closet on very private matters.I only hesitated because my Life Partner is so very private.But it is so awkward to share my life in this area otherwise.

However to continue to side-step the fact that I am what?Gay,a D-word(I PROTEST THIS CENSORSHIP!!!In the GAY/LESBIAN COMMUNITY this is a Proud powerful word that we have taken back and use with PRIDE and it means a STRONG capable out-spoken woman who takes action,it is not derogatory,or degrading),a Lesbo/Lesbian and 11yrs into a wonderful accepting relationship that is better then I ever imagined makes me uncomfortable.(Talk about an awkward sentence after I put my 2 cents on censorship in,or is it out?)

My Partner refuses any label,and at the same time,hides nothing.

And she is right,we are who we are.And we are much more then white(mostly),female,post menopause,disabled,Americans,educated with degrees(or not),depressed,etc..

I am totally out and have been since 27yrs old.

The consequences of hiding one's own nature translates to losing respect for oneself,and never being able to share the very best of being loved for oneself.

And I don't do shut-up and hide very well at all.

Joe says I am his other MOM,and all the kids and Grandkids accept and love me,especially my cooking.Mostly simple food,but I put in a lot of love.

Trying not to duck,quack...Now that I ousted myself,I suggest the following movies to anyone who wonders..In and Out,Birdcage,La Cage Aux Follies...In and out,is the most accurate in my experience...

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8494
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Lassen...

Need something sweet after all that gumbo.
Got any lemon icebox pie Sal and black coffee,
coffee always relaxes me...I'm weird like that.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 276
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 2:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Mama Shine!Just some blackberry brandy for me to sip,Sal

Second Wind

Post Number: 1991
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 5:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen Sage.......

I just say "ditto" to what moonhowler said last!

I applaud your courage!

Boy, do I ever understand the compulsive thing! Often, we get compulsive in order to get things done within a "window" of feeling "relatively good".

Sal, I need whatever medicine you have for my disturbed soul.

People of the Cafe'......are any of you still feeling the heavy dread of some pending unimaginable set of events?????

Are any of you listening to C2C tonight?

I have been so torn to pieces about the Hurricane, and because of this increasing sense of impending doom, that I have had a major episode of muscle spasms.

It hit yesterday morning when I was feeding my older sickly kitty at the kitchen table. I was trying to sort of hold onto him with my left arm, to keep him from bolting from the table. The spasm hit just over my ribs, on the left side of my back, at about the bra line......

Within an hour, it had worsened to the point that it was hurting BAD just to take a breath.

That's on top of the fact that I threw out my right shoulder last week, when I dug a hole out in my yard, intended to be a grave for this poor old kitty, because he had taken a really bad turn that day.

Sorry.......

I am feeling sorry for myself. I am in a hell of a lot of pain, but the Ultram doesn't really help either one of these kinds of pain very much.

So....Sal.....any Magic Medicine?

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 369
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Sal, yeah, I know I look a little bedraggled this morning; its my first day of school and I'm not ready for it. Got anything back there to calm my nerves? I hate the first week espicially: know-the intensity of people, getting in early to rabidly guard your seat, the multitude of wound up teenageers that come early to college. what have I done, sal?

ddubbiedo
Username: ddubbiedo

Post Number: 531
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am feeling sorry for myself. I am in a hell of a lot of pain, but the Ultram doesn't really help either one of these kinds of pain very much.

I'm sorry you're in pain SW. Sending you healing light.
"Not to worry dear. He's just another idiot in a sea of idiots." ~ John Cleese

buddie

Post Number: 988
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 6:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I hope all you kind people are feeling
100% real soon.. You Go Lassen..
For once I'm in agreement with a Celeb..
Brad Pitt has donated $100,000 to fight
Californias November ballot initiative
that would overturn the state Supreme
Court decision legalizing same-sex
marriage.. WTF...OOopps sorry Sal..
Okay pass the Cuss jar .. why is my
jar so big Sal?

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 279
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 7:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for all the kind vibes,folks.I slept really well.

I downloaded the Google toolbar and as soon as I read the directions on how to sign-in,and manage to do it,I will look for add-ons.

SW,I am so achy at the base of the spine and through the hips,ouch...this gets really old...So time to hit the books and grab the stones for adjustments.

This seems to be an amp'd up time for everyone.And I can't help but wonder if the increased irritability I am observing,is one symptom.

Emotions running high and increased physical pain can make daily life a battlefield.

I also have an older kitty,and he moves real slow this yr.But I finally started feeding the probiotic powder that I got for my dogger,and he is finally getting a tummy and soft fur.

I tried Ultram,side effects as usual,forget what they were and threw away my notes.I tried everything the doctors offered,and either side effects ,or no effect on pain.

Really sorry that you are hurting.If you lived around here I would try the stones and crystals on you,sweetie

How about we all met in the dream state at Sals.Wouldn't that be something!!!

Just got a new book on Gemstones and Crystals,written by a gal on C2C by the name of Shelly Kaehr,PH.D.It is an update oF Edgar Casey material on the subject of Vibrational Healing.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8504
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Blessings to all. This song just
won't let me go today..thought I'd
share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJELJ9CRnN8

Second Wind

Post Number: 1996
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 3:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks so much for the words and healing energy. Sending love and thoughts of comfort out to all of you, as well.

And thanks also, to those who emailed me privately!

Thankfully, the muscle spasms around my ribs has stopped. But the shoulder seems to be getting worse.

The shoulder issues are not new, but I had learned how to avoid injuring them.

But I kinda went crazy that day when I thought my kitty was literally about to die....and I went into a frenzy of digging a grave for him (and sobbing all the while), with no thought whatsoever about the consequences to my body.

Last night and today was utter hell. Pain at about a 7 on the 1-to-10 scale.

The worst is the pain when trying to sleep. I can't sleep on my back, due to lower back problems, can't sleep on my left side, due to lung issues that get worse when laying on left. I can only sleep on my right side.....and it is just about killing my shoulder.

The shoulder joint is now very unstable, as well. Even just the weight of my own arm feels like it's going to pull my shoulder right out of its socket.

LS....yes, side effects are a huge issue for me, as well. Usually, the only time I take the Ultram, is in order to do something like mow the lawn, or clean house, etc. AND, even then, I only take 1/2 pill.

I have done several epsom salt baths, and I am doing the shoulder rehab exercises....and, they do help. But each night, it seems that any gains I made during the day with the exercises, or whatever, are undone just by sleeping on the shoulder.

It was ridiculous last night! I kept waking up and I was moaning and whimpering. It dawned on me that if someone were in the other room hearing me, they would think I was dying, cause of all the moaning.

I know that you all have major health issues, too. I know that several of you suffer from basically the same sheet that I do. I'm sorry to whine, but I never have been one to suffer in silence, once the pain goes up over a 5. I don't know if Sal's is "the wrong place" to whine....but, what can I say. If not, then where? Don't want to start a new thread just to whine!

(Message edited by second_wind on September 24, 2008)

moonhowler

Post Number: 908
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 5:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

" Whine on, whine on, at Sal's cafe, whine 'til the rafters ring." (sung to the tune of an old sea chantey.) Just because we say something doesn't mean we're "whining". Gotta tell somebody, right? Family doesn't want to listen, afraid they might get asked to do something 'extra". Poop !!!

BUT - don't forget to tell of the GOOD things, too. Today (Sept 23, so it was actually yesterday) is my birthday and not one member of my family remembered. Poop on them. I had a nice day anyway, even if I did spend it alone. Had some calls from friends, got some cards and letters from friends, so I think that counts for a good bit. See if I wash dirty underwear for hubby anymore; or bring pizza over to son's house when I visit the grandson. Hell, I can't afford to buy a pizza for myself, but I do without so that I can make them happy. Grandson still gets a goody, but son and D-in-l get $1 burgers from McDonald's.

I wrote a nice piece here yesterday, but somehow it didn't get posted. But called my hubby a drunken buzzard, so maybe one isn't supposed to say that about one's spouse.

So, go out and find something good about today. Yep, this world is really screwed up and there is a heavy presence in the air, but if we look hard enough we can still find something good about the day. I, who am nothing, give you permission to talk about your aches and pains. Somebody might actually have something to say that helps other people out.

Off to see the sleep wizard & hope he's home tonight. Love & hugs to all.

Second Wind

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Happy birthday (late), Moonhowler!

I am so sorry your family did not remember.

My sister, and my across-the-street neighbor, are the only ones who remembered my birthday in July!

Sal, I would like a good, stiff Margarita! I don't care if it IS only noon! I need it to escape both the physical and emotional pain. Gotta say goodbye to a precious old friend and "kid", my oldest kitty. I need some liquid guts.....and I can't drink the stuff "in real life".

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8513
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Happy belated birthday Moon....

SW...Bless you and I'm sorry you have
to say goodbye to your Kitty..

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 298
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 12:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another Happy belated Birthday to you Moonhowler...Be as thoughtful of yourself as you are of others...It is fine to say "What about me".

Some of us do things in reverse.Like take care of others before ourselves.But it gets old when no one notices and does the same for you,at least once in a while.

It is not selfish to be kind and thoughtful of yourself...

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 299
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 12:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

To quote my partner"Do for yourself what you want others to do for you"...

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8519
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 1:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen...tell ya partner
thats the best thing I've heard all day.

Being as I'm a night person and rarely get to bed before 5:00am..hmmmm..SAL...I'm hongry!!
I want a big ole T-bone steak..baked potato with lots of butter and sour cream with chives, and a side of turnip greens...uh-huh thats right, gots me a taste fer em. Coffee..leave the pot.

Grumble, grumble..hopes they get all that uptight
fussin over in the Pond soon..I'm wo out from it..guess its got to run its course. Lawds.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 302
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 1:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama,my partner is from Texas.So I have aquired a taste for turnip greens,but I still can't handle oakra.

T-bone steak is my favorite,so another order of the same for me,Sal...and a huge piece of the fresh-baked blackberry pie while I wait...

Likewise, daytime sleeping for this household is normal...

Second Wind

Post Number: 2035
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 2:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I'm from Texas, too, and I did learn to like really crisp fried okra, but I don't like turnip greens. Not much of a steak eater, but I love baked potato with all the trimmings.

And mmmmmmmm......PIE!

Yeppers, I am a nightowl too....but....I have been up for 31 hours now.....

Afraid to go to sleep!

Sal, I will take some chamomile tea, as well. Gotta sleep.