Archive through September 08, 2008 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through September 08, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 505
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yup it's been a place I have
a connection to .. The Civil
War tang is in my blood and I
have a friend who will show me
some sights and flavours of the
South..I'll be flying into
Richmond and can't wait :-)
It was a syncro that I even got
a cheap flight..at first I was
going to fly into Baltimore/Wash
airport.. one evening I checked
again and there was Richmond :-)
Maybe I'll sneak a few rocks
back home in my luggage..I love
rocks

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 7277
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, whats the confederate connection.
My great grand uncle was a confederate war
hero, killed in battle in Virginia.. Another coinkydink he was the brother of my great grandmother Ellen Mahala. Lawds.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

buddie

Post Number: 506
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well since I was going to
Virginia .. trying to fly
into and back from the US
on a non-stop flight for
cheap is next to Impossible..
However I did get one :-)
My (special)friend will take me
to war sites and a friend of his
has items he dug up and in all
Mamas it's been a thing with me.
I do not hold a lot of concern
with previous lives but this
connection is big and it reached
another person I work with..
at the time a stranger as far as
this 'stuff' goes..
I want to walk the battle fields
again I'm overwhelmed as I type..
I think I was a head nurse

Thing is 2 years ago I'd Never get
to do this because of the Ex..
And another onion layer peels away :-)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 7278
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

I copied a little from a link about my uncle James Thomas Woodward. Wonder if this area is familiar to any Va. folks.

Instead, they stood up, the better to fire down at the enemy climbing the hill. But now the Georgians, silhouetted against the sky, made perfect targets and they took heavy losses. It was in this manner that Lt. James Thomas Woodward was hit in the neck and instantly killed. The 12th Georgia suffered 175 casualties which amounted to approximately 35% of all Confederate casualties. In spite of these heavy losses, the Georgia line held.

Next day, when asked why the regiment had defied orders, a tall Georgia lad replied, "We did not come all this way to Virginia to run before Yankees". In this battle, Jackson had suffered 498 casualties against Milroy's 256, yet had forced the enemy from the field and effectively prevented any linkup at Staunton between Banks and Fremont. This outcome Jackson reported characteristically to Richmond: "Yesterday crowned our arms with success. The enemy is retreating".

Mahalla
Intermediate Member
Username: jean

Post Number: 114
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 6:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Look into the Augusta County Civil War records Mama. Thats where my hubby is from and I am pretty sure you could find more info there.

Don't know if you have ever been there but back in the countryside you can feel the civil war, just see it all in your mind.

buddie

Post Number: 508
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now thats AWEsome.. War what is it
Good for.. he reads a lot like this

http://history.cbc.ca/history/?MIval=EpisContent.html&series_id=1&episode_id=12& chapter_id=1&page_id=3&lang=E

I'm sure my friend knows it well..
I learned today that Virginia
split during the War.. WV for the
Union.. I was going to take a sweat
shirt that I love that has 23 stars
on it.. don't even know why I counted
them before I packed it..
Then thought I better be careful not
to make a political statement
So I Googled it and read the history
of the Stars and Stripes..Not taking
the sweatshirt :-)
Mamas right or wrong I am devoted
to the South..Inside Memory INside?

buddie

Post Number: 509
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mahalla I think I need that..
I'm so grateful that I can do it..
Maybe just to touch the items again
maybe to gracefully forget ..

buddie

Post Number: 510
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 7:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mahalla whats the week long temp's
look like?? we are in the high 20's
http://www.texloc.com/closet/cl_fah_cel_chart.html

buddie

Post Number: 511
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 7:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Blue is Me ?

Mahalla
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 115
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

going to be in the mid 80s (F) buddie, least that was last nights report. We just broke out of a hot spell, was in the 90s last week and hot and humid!

What do ya mean blue is me?
confederates johnny rebs wore grey (south), union yanks wore blue (North)

buddie

Post Number: 515
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

NOoo blue is Celsius on the chart..
Mid 80's and dry is perfect..was a bit
worried about 90's though ? What ever
Yippy Skippy :-)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 7282
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 9:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

Check yo mail.

buddie

Post Number: 516
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 7:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mamas I did not receive
anything ...

Mama Shine

Post Number: 7288
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I did get a PM to ya. Just wishing you a
safe and happy trip.

Native Alien
Advanced Member
Username: blue_screen

Post Number: 476
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal i need your help.

I'm getting very paranoid so much so that i believe the people that are watching me are being watched themselves.
I went home and peeked through the blinds and my paranoid suspicions were right. A woman walks by my house and looks up in my direction, seconds later, a man leaning against a parked car begins following the woman, a couple seconds later, a Maytag repair man exits an alley and begins following the man following the woman.

This went on for a good two hours until finally the original woman passes my house again so i began following her. She leads me to an open grass field where all the other people that i had seen earlier were standing single file and looking up into the sky.

I stood at a safe distanced and watched them as they swayed like palm trees in a tropical storm.

Their body movements were mesmerizing and contagious. I began to sway just like them and then suddenly they began laughing at me and taunting me, "You ain't one of us, they cackled, you're all alone you jackass."

But i wasn't alone i had my Sprint cell phone with me. I took it out of my coat pocket and dialed my house and in seconds the entire Sprint customer service crew was standing behind me. 2000 plus strong.

They immediately stopped taunting me and began slowly dispersing until only the woman remained.

I walked up to her and asked her; "why me?"
She told me I knew too much.
"About what?" I shot back in anger and frustration. She put her hands on her waist like a Pirate and responded with a creepy grin, "About us you stupid jackass, you know about us."

The next thing I remember I'm back in my house peeking through the blinds watching the same woman look up in my direction and give me the finger, as did the guy leaning against the car and the Maytag repair man etc etc etc.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is the woman right and i am all alone on this one?

PS the really weird thing is that i don't even own a Sprint cell phone. So where did it come from? Plus i was naked so where did the coat pocket come from?

Sal help!
You don't want another Enron? Here's your law: If a company, can't explain, in ONE SENTENCE....what it does....it's illegal.

Lewis Black

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 893
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 6:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Naw, Native Alien, you just had a bad day dream about night things in the middle of the afternoon. We're all paranoid.

I gotta rush. My computer is on the fritz again, thanks to AT&T and their damned crossed wires. Ain't been around much cuz computer ain't working right.

Got a terrific piece of news a couple weeks ago about an MRI of the brain I had done in April. It was sweet of them to wait until June to tell me, at my regularly scheduled appointment. I have a brain tumor. NOW I have to go do the neurosurgeon bit. Crap. I don't want to see any more doctors. Stay away from my head with your drill bits and buzz saws. Enough is enough.

Dixie is FINALLY starting to act like a dog instead of an out of control paper-chewing pup. She's lovely, too. Well, off til later. Oh, brain tumor is supposed to be benign. But I know you can't tell for sure without a biopsy. Ugh.

You guys eat something super terrific and put it on my tab. Sal's is such a magical place I can always do that and Sal still gets rich (and I ain't got a penny to spare 'cept here at Sal's).

Happy 4th of July. (It may take me that long to get the computer fixed.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ No good deed goes unpunished. ~~

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 1646
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 6:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MOONHOWLER!!!!!

God, I am so sorry this is happening to you. You seem to be putting on a brave "face", at least, here on the board. I know you must be terrified.

If I have missed it, or forgotten, what sent you to have the MRI in the first place?

Don't you have CFIDS?

I hope you throw your cell phone away!

(I am taking a wild guess that you have been a cell phone user?)

You are IN MY PRAYERS....Big time. Starting right this minute.

"In the end, only kindness matters."

Second Wind

Post Number: 1647
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 6:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon......where is the tumor located?

((((Moonhowler))))

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 854
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 9:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon-take care. I am sure everything will be all right.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

buddie

Post Number: 550
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

WoW ,, Look whos here Sal..
Your Favorite artist Justin Hines
Lets all take a seat by Moon and put
our feet up..Justin Hines :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ-9I9chTKc&feature=related

Mahalla
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 9:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon, I am praying for you. Sorry I missed this.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 7571
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, I hope you're still serving. I need my comfort food special, which is a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup. Good, I'm going to check on my Greyfus stuffie and fluff up some blankies in case I decide to hang out with him for a spell after I eat. Thanks Sal, I missed ya.

Lassen Sage
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 60
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 3:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal,I just brewed some coffee wanna listen to C2C with me? Most everyone seems to have gone poof,maybe mind wiped in one of those religious rituals...???

..Speaking of theories of rituals of which most is unknown,at least to me.Check out C2C and the article on"The Cave Men Loved Singing".Sounds like there knew more about energy/acoustic then we do today....

Mama Shine

Post Number: 7765
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Feeling confused Sal,
like I don't fit in any more,
well..least I'm okay here.
I want a butter pecan ice
cream cone..double dip.
Gonna pull a chair over by the
window and enjoy it.
Thanks...

kathy decker

Post Number: 886
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 6:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

mamshine, I know how you feel. i've been feeling that way for some time now-since nomie and susi left, a lot of new people. people who like to argue, it seems.

Sometimes i get to thinking it might be a natural progression-a turnover.

speaking of turnovers-sal, i'll have one of those homemade apple turnovers with nilla ice cream and caramel sauce,mmmmm......

I used to post several times a day back when we were all here...

now i visit and post occasionally.

the tone of the board has changed, but at least sal's is still here.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 7837
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 5:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal..

I am really hungry and a little
tired of seafood. Hows about one
of those club sandwiches that I like
cut in triangles with toothpicks with
frilly decoration on the end. Want some sliced dill pickels on the side. Just a Coke to drink.

Gonna go over and commune with the "Stuffies"
while ya fixin it. Thanks Sal.

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 6307
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 7:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Personally, yes, I see arguments, but I certainly don't think that this is the majority mindset of the board...i find most of the arguments to be confined to the Politics thread, where it would be assumed it would be anyway...maybe a little in religion or such, but i dont think the whole board is over-ran with arguing....no more so than at any other time I have been here....certainly there was more "arguing" a year ago (because there were more people talking)...now the "severity" of the arguing (while the arguing itself may be more limited) may be more intense, whereas before there was MORE arguing but it was of a lesser more respectful intensity.
"The trouble with the rat-race is that, even if you win, you're still a rat."

buddie

Post Number: 744
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal's gett'en the night off!!

When the topic gets to Hot
Sals is the best place to
cool off..

joins Mama kathy and fort
in one of Sals comfy booths..

What do you say we make some
popcorn and watch a movie :-)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0hNmOeO2c&feature=related
Qua da di

Second Wind

Post Number: 1800
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 5:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I went to the theater for the first time in......OMG, about 8 years (!!!), to see "The X-Files: I Want To Believe".

I was terribly disappointed. It was just "fair". In fact, that is being generous. In fact, I found it quite LAME.

As an avid fan, I truly WANTED to believe.

Waste of money; should have waited to see it on video; would'a been cheaper.

Sal, I'll have some sweet iced tea and a grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Blessings, everybody!

Native Alien
Username: blue_screen

Post Number: 1285
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

native tickles Sal until he collapses to the ground like a plump lump of laughing jello.

native douses his flaming fingers, grabs a Corn Beef Special and exits through the bathroom window, hops in a taxi and heads for the Pub.

i hate to tickle and run but i'm hungry as hell
I don't wear watches, I'm on Jamaican Pot Time NOT Greenwich Mean Time

native alien

buddie

Post Number: 764
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tee Hee Dang that Native
always gets me by surprise..
Sal composes himself and
adds to Native's tally

Ching
ching
ching
ching
ching
ching
ching
ching
ching
ching
ching
ching
Qua da di

Mama Shine

Post Number: 7959
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, I'm so confused I thought I was in here and was somewhere else. So can you make me a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich and a glass of milk. Thanks...
Grabs Grayfus stuffie and goes to an empty booth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4D_cuOMLGE

kathy decker

Post Number: 899
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 7:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll have a bowl of cornflakes with a sliced banana. Thanks, sal.

Went to Seaside Heights, NJ for a little sun and sand this past week. Bathing in the ocean is like baptism, I feel cleaned out and whole again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbbHdsqbxg8

I fell down twice in the waves-my niece kept singing to me-I get knocked down, but I get up again

Sort of a metaphor for my life. My goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QSc9h3hKnU

To learn to RIDE those waves of life!

buddie

Post Number: 825
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal I love what feels good ..
Meeting friends like Kathy and
Mama..it makes me want to say..
You Mean So MUch..

moonhowler

Post Number: 894
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 4:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, howdy, folks. It's been a month since I've been here. Feels good to be back. Computer crapped out on me, just got it back a week and a half ago, the same day my husband fell off the top step of a 6' ladder while trying to pull down the coconuts from a coconut tree. The coconuts become flying projectiles in a tropical storm or a (H-word). He broke his bloody back !!! Went to the hospital every day, except two: one day I was so exhausted I could not move and spent the whole day in bed; the other I had a previously scheduled appt with my pain doc and HAD to keep that one. Yes, Second Wind, I have CFS, so you know how exhausted I was. I'm exhausted again now that he is home because I need to take care of him. He can walk with a walker but can't bend (duh) or lift. Has to wear a brace. He's trying to be a good sport about it, but is still grouchy as a bear.

To add to all this mess, we have to watch Tropical Storm Fay. So much to do in prep for a storm. Our son will come put down our storm shutters, but husband thinks HE is going to do it. The first time he picks up the drill to screw in the screw he will be screaming in pain. God, men are so nuts at times. He has to try to be "macho man".

Have appt with neurosurgeon for Sept 30. The tumor is on the left parietal lobe. Radiologist has diagnosed it as a meningioma, but don't know if neurosurgeon will agree. At any rate, it has to come out. It is, so I'm told (have not had the time to look up cuz puter was down), a part of the brain that controls communication skills, i.e. word recognition, picking the correct word when speaking, etc. Got another month to wait.

Closing for now. Exhausted as usual. Hope all of you are getting along OK. Going back to bed now. Too tired even to eat. Hugs to all.

Lassen Sage
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 162
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 6:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Greetings Moonhowler,I hope you awakened rested and your home and family are safe and secure.

CFS is one of the labels that fits my symptoms,also.How I can have insomnia as well is a puzzle.Tired if you do and tired if you don't gets really old.

Sorry to hear about the tumor,thats a really rough one to face and I am glad that you share so freely this world shaking experience with us.

Communication beyond words is one of my"especialities" and a very personal interest as my brain wiring has always been unique.

The first 14 yrs of my life found me almost speechless as my brain seemed to swim with words and I could not say them all at once.I knew what I wanted to say,I could even read and write very well by 5yrs old.The meaning clear and the words would fuse together on my tongue.Three times said to be understood left me with little I cared to say.

However the brain can be trained,connections made with intent and practice.

Thoughts are pictures first in my mind and faster then the spoken word.Concepts form freely.

And along the way I have had friends with unique brains.One friend had such seizures from a kind of sensory overload that she best spoke with American Sign Language,yet could sing like an angel(and had the only aura of violet I have ever seen,and in a DENNY's).Another One spoke many languages fluently and could not spell,and played many musical instruments.We are not limited to words to recognize what we feel and share.

Creativity communicates and you have loved ones who will listen however you speak...

kathy decker

Post Number: 903
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon, I am sorry to hear about your troubles.
It seems to me that lately many of us are facing serious trials. I feel as though we are being put through the fire-strengnthened to withstand what is to come.
Rest and stay optimistic-with grace you will overcome all of this and the power and strength you achieve from weathering these storms will serve to encourage others in their times of need.

Sal, I would like a huge brunch-eggs and homefries and muffins and fruit-since I am dieting, this is the only place I can indulge. Oh, and a HUGE pot of coffee with cream. Thank you.I sat and watched my hubby eat this morning while I had a bit of yogurt and fruit, mmm.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1858
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 5:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hugs to Moonhowler.........you are in my prayers. I don't know what else to say. It seemas you are overwhelmed at present, and I am sending prayers up for divine assistance to come your way.

Nothing for me, thanks, Sal. I am not feeling up to staying.

moonhowler

Post Number: 895
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 5:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen Sage, what an interesting, and heart-warming story you have to tell. You (and your friends of old)are truly heroes in your own right. Please expand your story. Mayhaps it will give the rest of us a boost. I admire your courage.

Second Wind, hang in there. And Kathy, you've certainly had your share of misfortunes in these past years. Fortwynt, thanks for the pep talk. I wish all of you the best, and will be back in touch soon.

Spent most of the day waiting on husband. Fay is only a tropical storm, but everyone is making a big deal out of it. I suppose that's better than taking unnecessary chances. I'm going to sleep pretty well tonight, I hope, cuz there are errands to be done tomorrow. Groan !!

I am worried (a little) that Fay will cross the peninsula, get into the Atlantic and do a U-ie and come back. Most people don't remember it, but Katrina did the same thing.

Hugs to all. Gonna eat like a bear when I have the energy, so keep the larder filled, Sal.

dakel
Advanced Member
Username: dakel

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i've been gone a long time, didnt even know there was a cafe in these here parts. I sure could use a cup o' joe, some warm lights and mellow folk right about now.

Prayers to all you here)))))))))))))
I could use a few myself this dreary night. shall I order? how about that coffee, and an english muffin with some butter and jam?

I dont usually fancy the english see, but they do make an awfully nice piece of carb, they sure do! Can I also get a round of curly fries and ketchup for my friends? Thanks.

I'm feeling reflective tonight. I came here in 2002, according to my name tag. I was still with the Canuk then. I've loved and lost over this time. Still, it doesn't take more than a cold, damp night to make me ponder my choices and life's curves.

mmm....coffee. Sure is nice to be here.

fortwynt

Post Number: 6543
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No offense to Sal, but if you are ever in the mood for something a little stronger, be sure and stop by Native's Alien Pub, down under.
"When all of your wishes are granted...many of your dreams will be destroyed."

MM

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 330
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

perhaps that's why this place is so dead in here tonight?

fortwynt

Post Number: 6544
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 4:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LOL...nah, people around here have just been wussing out lately. When i first joined here the board was hopping all night long...now look at it...tsk tsk...ah well.
"When all of your wishes are granted...many of your dreams will be destroyed."

MM

moonhowler

Post Number: 896
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 6:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

With all the computer problems I was having, I missed out on all the ruckus about folks being removed from the Board for having such nasty arguments, but some of those folk who are gone did seem to have a knack for keeping things "interesting". Sal's was an island of peace and quiet, with all the delicious, non-fattening (not one thing at Sal's is ever fattening) food and positive, soothing conversation. We can always come to Sal's and lick our wounds, rest and get back up and join the world again.

But we still have a bunch of nice folk around. Maybe we should advertise Sal's to the rest of the Board. NEED A DOSE OF TRANQUILITY? COME TO SAL'S. Whatcha think?

Way back when I joined this Board, I was told SAL was a woman. Is Sal a woman or man? It doesn't matter - just wondering.

Gonna hit the sack now. Today I have to try to grocery shopping. We gotta eat, so I gotta go. Please say a little prayer that my body will let me get the task finished.

Toodles, all.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 2:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal is/was a woman.....according to the person who began this thread way back when.....

Ah, the mythical Sal.

Moon, I am sending you energy vibes, and imagining you making it through your trip to the grocery store just fine! (Believe me, I understand what it's like!)

Sal, I'll have some of those curly fries, as well. Maybe that will satisfy this ambiguous craving.

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 331
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

curly fries for all Sal. You, by the way, are looking fantastic as usual. I know, I know, flattery will get me anything--barring free fries.

How'd the grocery adventure go moonhowler?

*yawn*

Couldn't sleep again last night, now I have to go help a friend in her garden. Jesus Sal, whatcha put in this coffee anyhow?!

Lassen Sage
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 184
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 7:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A big slab of blackberry pie please Sal for me.And pile on the whipped cream would ya?And can I have some for the coffee?A half a pot and I should be ready to snooze,works in reverse for me unless I drink too much and stay awake for bathroom trips.

Where the heck is everybody anyway?

moonhowler

Post Number: 897
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 5:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Crap. I wrote a half-way decent post, then lost it.

Did the grocery shopping - took me 3 hours with many stops to sit and rest along the way. It's very difficult to look nonchalant while sitting on the freezers because you MUST sit and rest a while. Makes me mad as ..... (you fill in the blank).

Because there is no fat nor calories in anything here at Sal's, I'll have a fillet Mignon with shipped potatoes and gravy, steamed broccoli, carrots and for dessert a huge slice of chocolate raspberry cheese cake. Then a glass of red wine to clear the palate and have a nice cup of latte.

Order whatever you like. It's my treat to you.

Hugs, take care and God bless.

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 333
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh moonhowler! On you? you're the greatest!

You poor thing having to break ontop of a freezer! You need one of those colapsable chairs--lot less cold on the bum.

But here we are in the nice plush seats of sal's non-fattening cafe. ahhhh...cup a coffee sal, make it stiff, giant plate of scrambled egg--not runny, some buttery toast and sausage. mmmmm.....

buddie

Post Number: 868
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 9:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Ya Sal
Atlantic Fish and Chips Please..

KITCHEN PARTY

Sorry I didn't go home this year :-)

moonhowler

Post Number: 898
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 4:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, buddie, that was fun. I love Irish music, being Irish/Scot/Brit and French. But somehow I feel as though I must have been Irish in an earlier life because I've always loved Irish music, even before I knew I was Irish!

Thanks second wind for all the energy you've been sending. It's muchly appreciated.

Hey, I'm gonna be a grandma for the second time. I'm delighted and so are my son and his wife, but these are awfully hard times financially for everyone. We'll make it OK. Everyone pray for a healthy, happy child - boy or girl. Me grandson, Steve, just got his first hair-cut at l8 months. They saved all those beautiful black curls for me. The mom is an Indian from Panama (I can't remember the tribe right now - it's only 4 letters and can start with either a "C" or "K". She's a good person.)

Let's have a party. You guys all dance and drink and I'll sit here and tap my toes while drinking cherry herring wine. (Nothing at Sal's ever makes you drunk, just gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling.)

Labor Day's coming for us "Yanks" (jeez, I hate being called a yank - I'm from Johnny Reb territory). Great time for a party.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1881
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 7:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, moonhowler, I will have to join you in sitting and watching, 'cause I am way beyond dancing!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family on the upcoming happy event!!!!

I love the Irish music, as well. I also think I must have lived in Ireland, or Scotland, in a past life. I have always wanted to travel to Ireland, Scotland and to Nova Scotia.

Sal, I'll have a good strong Irish Coffee in honor of the train of thought.

Molly Ban

buddie

Post Number: 874
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 5:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Is your Labour Day holiday Sept 1st Moon??
Thats my Canuk Labour Day holiday :-)
SW Great Youtube and All the related
videos..I'll be ordering a Long Island
Ice Tea from Sal and checking everyone
of them out this evening.. can't wait
to get my toes tapp'en
Okay Sal a fresh home made blueberry
muffin to go please..

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 339
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 1:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey sal, how abouts a hot slice of blueberry pie? that sounds perfect love.

moonhowler

Post Number: 899
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 4:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the music, you guys. I don't listen to music very much these days. Don't know why, really. Guess it's because if I get out the music and play my old tapes and now the CD's, husband will then get his out when I'm done, and he plays his music loud enough to be heard in the stratosphere !!!

So, who's doing what for the holiday weekend? I'm resting and then going over for a visit to my kids and grandson. Gonna try to get husband off his butt and out of the house. If he wears his back brace he might discover that it actually works and he can be up and about without so much pain. I know all too well what that kind of pain is all about. Got a big seedless watermelon for all of us to chomp on, little Steve, too. No seeds so won't have to worry about choking on one.

Whatever you do, have fun and stay safe.

Love and hugs to all.

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 344
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

banana-strawberry smoothie Sal, with a pinch of cinnamon. Hold the ice.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1894
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moonhowler, dakel, buddie.....and anyone else reading.....

HUGS!!!

Sal, I need to have one of your world-famous cheeseburgers, with avacado, and hold the onions! Oh, and some of your killer waffle fries, and a Cherry Dr. Pepper!

Yum, Yum!!! Eat 'em up!!!

buddie

Post Number: 885
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 6:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

HUGS YALL...

Sal LOVES The Mavrics..
John Mayer

Second Wind

Post Number: 1895
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love, love, love John Mayer!!!!

Kiss Kiss!!!

Here is one of my favorites of his:

Come Back To Bed

And here's another really good one:

Vultures

buddie

Post Number: 890
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 1:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Shaking off the Mayer stamped
Sal finally geets to OLE JUKE
and pressesss A1.. The Maveriks
Everyday

buddie

Post Number: 891
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 1:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OHHH I just found this..
For real I listened to this
one summer on a scratchy
little record and loved it!!!
Rave On

buddie

Post Number: 894
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 7:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning Sal I come to sit a spell
and I hear you I'm worried for Gail
and Kathy also..We can send positive
and calming thoughts or prayers

dakel
Advanced Member

Post Number: 350
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 2:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hugs all around. Jelly roll please Sal. as always, a cup of joe too please.

buddie

Post Number: 902
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 6:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Elbows Sal!!!
WakeUp MamaS is back OnLine ..
Sal directs Buddie to a dark
record archive EEEWWWWW Cobwebs....
For Gail

Mama Shine

Post Number: 8311
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sniff, sniff....missed ya Sal.

Buddie always knows what to play for
me..lawd, I love that song and Sir Elton..
I sometimes fancy him sittin with me on my
piano bench when I play his music. Now I'm still waitin for my water critters and birds to
come back..hope soon. Feel the love.

moonhowler

Post Number: 900
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 4:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Would somebody please stop the choo-choo train of tropical storms from Africa that turn into hurricanes. Every week I gotta worry about putting the shutters down. Down, up, down, up - gimme a break. Where's the little red caboose that puts an end to the choo-choo? And those poor, poor people in Hispaniola and the Bahamas.

Hey, I'm counting my blessings, but I have to do the grocery shopping again, and it looks like it will be a long time before hubby is back on his feet strong enough to do it. I have to stop and sit down so often, and it's hard to find a place to sit in the grocery aisles. BUT...at least we HAVE groceries, and electricity to run the a/c and refrigerator, etc., etc. So many people down this way don't got nuttin' like that now.

Let's say some prayers for them, and all sit around and have some nice, cold, strong iced-tea and biscuits.

kathy decker

Post Number: 904
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow-things have been hopping here at Sal's since I've been gone. My puter took a nosedive a few weeks ago-unable to get it fixed, so heck, went and bought an e-machine from UGGHHH! WALMART!

been thinking of mamashine with all the Gustav stuff-girl, you did the right thing, leaving.no way will I EVER refuse to evacuate again.

I wanted to tell you I had positive feelings-did not for one moment think Gustav would be like Katrina-but had no computer so sent positie thoughts instead.

Sal-feed me. I have been dying for the good home-cookin' of this place- I don't care what it is as long as I can EAT it!

fortwynt

Post Number: 6671
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 3:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sending psychic waves to SW.....
...Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
Chuang Chou

moonhowler

Post Number: 901
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 4:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just checking in to say hello to everyone. We MIGHT NOT get whacked by Ike, but ain't saying nuttin' till the booger is just a rain-shower.

Please, please, please don't let it hit Louisiana again - not here either. (I Remember two different times when Hurricanes had passed by, then turned around and hit us. Don't trust them.) And Ike is a bad, bad boy.

Let's have something comforting to eat and drink, and send good thoughts to SW, Kathy, Gail, MamaS. and every one who needs some extra soothing and love right now. God bless us all, every one.

Think I'll have a steak, potatoes, veggies and I'm really salivating for some raspberry cheesecake.

Second Wind

Post Number: 1926
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm just poking my head in to wave "Hi" and wish everyone well.

Fortwynt, my feelers must be dull......I didn't pick up your waves (at least, not that I am aware of!) I was fast asleep when you posted that.

Sal, what have you got in the medicine cabinet for a bad case of heartburn?

fortwynt

Post Number: 6676
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have a very effective, yet strange and funky tasting remedy....but as crazy as it sounds, it works every time. and this coming from someone who has suffered from EXTREME and regular bouts of heartburn for the past 10 years or more.
...Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
Chuang Chou

fortwynt

Post Number: 6678
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hope you have time to hang around a bit.
Chuang Chou

Second Wind

Post Number: 1928
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So, are you gonna share your heartburn remedy, or just TEASE me?

fortwynt

Post Number: 6681
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hehe....as long as you promise to at least try it!

okay you dont have to promise, but you really should try it...it's highly unpleasant at first but after 15-20 seconds and for a long time afterwards, it really does work...and i'll explain how in a bit.

drink about 2 or three tablespoons worth of vinegar, white vinegar.

I do this every single time im at home and dont have any heartburn meds on hand...and believe me, from one sufferer of crippling heartburn, i can tell you it does work (at least for me)
Chuang Chou

Second Wind

Post Number: 1930
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I have heard this said before.

But I gotta tell you, I think that it must be one of those things that works for SOME people and not others.

I did a bit of digging on google, and found some pretty good explanations of why it might work.....but I don't believe I would be able to get it down, much less keep it down.

Besides that.....I don't even have any vinegar in the house! I usually do keep some to use for cleaning certain things, but I am out.

I will put that on my grocery list.

Whether I will be able to actually try it in the future, is another question.

I should have come to Sal's for dinner, instead of having nasty fast food! It's no wonder I have heartburn. My bad!