Archive through February 11, 2008 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through February 11, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mia
Username: jean

Post Number: 528
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah, theres no guessing going on in this thread LOL. Guess I will mosey on over to Sals for awhile.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 3758
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think I'm still missing the siren issue. Mia, do you think that the grays sing? Or do you think that they cause a dimensional shift?

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 2163
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now for something silly......I found myself on a farm. There were loads of people there, as if there was some event being held there. I walked out into a corral and an alpaca or similar critter walked up behind me. Its fur was nearly white (cream/light gold). Calmly, I looked behind me and saw that wherever I went, it followed me. People were beginning to watch this, and the alpaca found that it could set its head on top of mine, and it fit nicely there. Then, I began walking and no matter where I went, the alpaca followed. It actually felt nice. Like carrying a pillow or something (the alpaca did not push down hard....our relative heights were near perfect)

I'm sure it must say something about how I have hidden jealousy in regards to my Mother, but lordy, I just don't know how....
The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself. ---Anais Nin

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3759
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Runs screaming from thread.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1489
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...Michael Jackson keeps llamas at his house.

Hale, maybe you should post that dream at the Spiritual Life>Totem Animals thread for animalspirits to study?

Mia

Post Number: 530
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 2:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,
Hale had mentioned "sirens" in one of his previous post and I took it seriously, but maybe he was just joking about it.

Sirens have long been associated with alien abductions and have been considered a form of audiotory stimulation in relation to the visitor experience, and possible mind control. But, if he was not serious, then no worry.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3760
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Mia. I thought Hale meant sirens like an ambulence and you meant sirens like the singing. I didn't know about them associated with abductions. I do know that I hear quite a few things that I consider to be "astral sounds" and these are similar to those that come before an abduction. I prolly should talk about this over on the UFO thread.

Hale

Post Number: 2168
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was just tossing it out there (sirens....to go along with lights)....without really thinking about it, although some weird things can happen when you do things like that without thinking.

Michael Jackson? Luckily, there was NO moonwalking going on....
The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself. ---Anais Nin

Mia

Post Number: 531
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, auditory stimulation is associated with sleep, or better yet, waking parts of the brain from sleep, so it is ok to discuss it on this thread. It is all tied together and effects the brain waves, dreams, etc. So, we are in the right place to mention such subjects.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3761
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

How is auditory stimulation associated with sleep/waking? Didn't know this.

Mia

Post Number: 532
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 4:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it changes the auditory nuerons in sleep and wakfulness and effects behavioral states.

Hale

Post Number: 2169
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 7:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I buy that. Robert Monroe used sound in altering consciousness in developing his hemisync system (granted he was trying to sync up the hemispheres by using two different cycles of sound, but the very fact that the brain responds to auditory stimuli in a certain predictable way suggests a lot). Some music will drop me right down into a altered state. Certain cycles of sound, drum beats can induce altered states.

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 5934
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 8:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This is so interesting..
over in UFO personals I spoke
of how I could change the sound
(buzzing - humming) into music
while I was also terrified ..
It was unearthly.. it came to
me as a vibration with sound ..
some even had lyrics.. It really
was unbelievably awesome
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3763
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting observation, Hale about Monroe. His sound technology does change the brain patterns via the sound feeds. It wasn't made clear in his books that he had been playing around with the sound technology for several years before he started his famous OBE's. Although they don't sell some of what I consider the "cooler" sound mixes outside of the gateway program, they are very effective in altering our states of consciousness very rapidly while keeping the left brain engaged to witness what goes on.

Buddie,
It sounds like you have gone beyond reacting to the sound to creating changes on your own. I haven't met any other people who have described some of the areas outside of what Monroe called the "earth life system" the way you have

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3766
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 9:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have to stop reading here before I go to bed. Last night I dreamed I was flying around with animalspirits two dogs.

Mia

Post Number: 536
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was interested in auditory stimulation because during my abduction experience a pulsating hum is how it started. I mentioned the ufo conference where I heard what might be described as a "siren song" at the hotel I stayed in. I have also heard people say that the grays DO sing , but have wondered if it is more like the noise an insect makes and if it is a form of auditory stimulation to make the capture of the prey easier for them. This leads to the question of what the greys biological make up and what they may use to lure their prey. Don't mind me, just speculating like the rest.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3767
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 9:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning Mia. I'm not awake yet, but that pulsating hum (I call it a thrum) sounds familiar. I have been told and shown that it causes a dimensional shift. Course they could have lied to me.

Mia

Post Number: 537
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 9:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning SC

We had an ice storm last night and puter shuts down when electricity blinks on and off.

As I said earlier, it is anyones guess, it could be either or both or none of the above. I am just saying that they may have biological means that could be mistaken as technology.

Seems like Hale mentioned ( i could be mistaken) that the visitors could be living underground. Maybe they can bore down into the earth like say "camel crickets". They may have developed other means like managing auditory stimuli, brain waves, and even a type of animal magnetism like say the "big black watery eyes that stare at you" mentioned by many abductees. And, lets not forget dreams, since this post is about them. With certain abilities like this post and yours have mentioned, why couldn't they invade our dreams with images, messages, truths or lies, etc. Also, Whitley talks alot about wakefulness. Could they be able to wake parts of our sleeping brains with some of these techniques? Is this why only a potion of earths population has these experiences? Do they have an agenda that we are to carry out for them at a certain time?

So many questions, few answers, and lots of speculations.

Hale

Post Number: 2170
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Without speculation, written, others who have noticed the same would not see it and decide to respond (or not). I had a dream once where I saw the interior workings of a craft and it was very specific.....when I read Whitley saying how he and others were compelled to mess with counter rotating magnets, it was like a light went off in my head. When I finally got the nerve to post, I found that there were at least two others who saw nearly the same thing as I had. What interests me is not just the similarities, but the parts that are not similar in the accounts or experiences. Get enough dissimilar pieces of the puzzle, and its entirely possible that you have a much larger picture of an unknown than you would have had on your own. Savvy?

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 2134
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,

LOL. I asked them where they had been last night and both of them just looked up at me as if to say, "How the heck did you know that?"

They are being very good today.

Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

animalspirits

Post Number: 2135
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC wrote:

Morning Mia. I'm not awake yet, but that pulsating hum (I call it a thrum) sounds familiar. I have been told and shown that it causes a dimensional shift. Course they could have lied to me.

When I am lying in bed at night, I sometimes hear what sounds like an engine cycling or that terrible low base that young people play in their cars. It is in the low base area and has a steady beat. Thump, thump, thump. If I go outside I can't hear it. It isn't loud, in fact it is somewhat subtle.

Is that the kind of thing you are talking about?

I don't have any sleep interruption because of it and it comes and goes.

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3770
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AS,
Your dogs names are meaningful to me in a very specific way as well. No doubt they know it.

The thrumming does have the element of base to it, yes. But it also varies in speed, unlike the dumb rap music (just my opinion).

Mia

Post Number: 538
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

HAHA! Hale, are you failing to spot my sarcasm about speculations after my pm to you where I talked about how important it is to speculate? How about the part about not overlooking the subtle syncs we all share? Notice animalspirits post about the subtle thumping (by the way animalspirits, I have heard that when my head is against the pillow, but when I get up, zilch! nothing!)

I like your idea about the puzzle pieces that don't fit the norm, interesting. Draw a rectangle, then put a dot in the right hand corner and then look at it again. More than likely most people would focus on the dot and say "now, why is that dot in there?" But not you.......that is why I keep you close here. You are on to something much bigger than the dot. You are on to the big pic,! But, keep in mind that Whitley seems to think "we are all in this together" and maybe it is the syncs that keep us talking. It connects us.

Having power outages up your way today?

Hale

Post Number: 2176
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 3:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey! I totally got that! But not so sure others would have gotten it without mentioning it. :-)

No power outages. Everything looks purty, though. Just looked out the window; it must have warmed in the last few hours because everything is bare now.....nothing is shiny. Not on our hilltop anyhow.

Well I would say we most certainly are connected, and its the overlapping stories that are evidence for this.....at least anecdotaly. But regardless, I don't know if it matters whether you feel it, see it, or believe it. Does a tree need to believe in photosynthesis in order to turn green?

I am VERY glad that I did not have a dream of dogs flying over my house followed by some oddly human looking silhuette! I think THAT would have been way too much.

As it is, I discovered today that its VERY likely that one of my dogs will respond to a mental image in my mind when I project it. She makes a little noise right after I do it. Okay, so now this IS off topic, and I probably need to go over to the Animalspirits thread.....plus, I am still in the testing phase, so who knows....

Mia

Post Number: 539
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Does a tree need to believe in photosynthesis in order to turn green?" Good point, and the answer is no, but understanding photosynthesis makes the tree a tree of knowledge.

buddie

Post Number: 5950
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 7:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No I think both threads weave in and
out :-) my cat has a sense ... it makes
me Laugh and yet astounds me
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

Hale

Post Number: 2182
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was at some kind of farm again, except it did not have (farm) animals. There was a barn there that had been converted into a school. It was as though they renovated the large barn, then built a larger structure onto it. Mostly it was for kids, or so it seemed. There was a good bit of land surrounding this place and it seemed like it was privately owned, and this one guy had a front end loader on his tractor and we were moving snow. At one point, he gives me this mischievous look and starts piling up snow near the base of this hill. He makes this long ramp out of snow and by the end of the ramp it is a good 4 feet in the air. It was a steep hill. The idea was to create a killer jump for kids to sled down on. Looked a tad suicidal to me.

We then moved up to the mountain side. The look of the place really changed. Everything looked drier. The trees were all mostly pine. It was rocky. There was not the lush growth that one would expect where we were originally. Perhaps it was due to the elevation.

We were near the top of this mountain and it seemed there was some kind of structure there, not sure what....but I am standing there and I hear the sound of hooves. I say "Its a bunch of deer!" Then they get closer, and I see something that is larger than a deer between the trees and I decide it is a herd of bison. A few seconds later, I see the animal in total, and its not a Bison at all, but a herd of Rhino's and these rhinos look black, or dark gray. They also look longer than what I am used to seeing. But they come running down the hill and there were at least 8 of them, perhaps more. We all migrated to a favorite large tree to be shielded just in case they came down our way. Are rhinos black or dark gray? I thought they were a light gray.....

animalspirits

Post Number: 2140
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

There is a Black Rhino. It is endangered. If you do a search on google you can see a picture of one. Some are quite dark.

Rhino represents understanding the power of solitude and trusting your own instincts.

~Yotee Coyote

inxa
Advanced Member
Username: inxa

Post Number: 430
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 9:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

our animal instincts? Lol! I have animal dreams alot. Is that our way of seeing our emotions in picture? By having animal dreams?

A barn converted into a school! That is about him raising his instincts. Higher learning. or going above his old reactions? Learning a better way?

a steep hill. That is the journey, at least how he sees it. And he is a bit frightened cause he says its suicidal to him.

they all migrated. bringing the emotions together, intergration of all parts.

Ive been going through the same stuff Hale. My moon is in Pisces. Lots of water here. I love animals more than people. Well, babies are different!

Peace and love to all the constant dreamers, it isnt easy being us.

animalspirits

Post Number: 2144
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

inxa,

our animal instincts? Lol! I have animal dreams alot. Is that our way
of seeing our emotions in picture? By having animal dreams?

Well, you are an animal aren't you? All humans are. Learn from your relatives...all of them.

...and not everything is about emotions.

~Yotee Coyote

Hale

Post Number: 2186
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

All interesting thoughts on those rhinos!

I have found over the years that my encounters with animals in my dreams have seemed to have the same effect as gaining a power animal or totem would; there were characteristics of that creature that would rub off on me by virtue of some energetic connection between the two of us. I tend to see everything as radiating outward from a nonphysical source, and that we, and all of the physical world are reflections of some larger interwoven world....and so I tend to feel that behind the wall of matter, we can connect through the entirety of creation (theoretically) and this includes the hawk, the rhino, the orca, the lion, the snail and dragonfly and each other (a lot has to be overcome to do that though I think--we can't feel threatened). We are all part of a large family, we are all related, no? Touching the spark of that relatedness, and understanding it for what it is, that seems to be the trick.....least it was for me. Easy to know it in your head, a completely different thing to feel it living in you.

The egomind is slow to change, though.......(I should know)

I went to see pics of the black rhino, and you know, some of the pics looked very much like what I saw. I am sure its quite possible that I have seen them before and just didn't register them (while awake). I definitely got the feeling of bringing the stuff down from the top of the mountain in a kind of "can't stop it now" sort of way. They were barrelling down the hillside from top to bottom.

I wonder if it was not treacherous down near the bottom of the slopes with all the snow, but less treacherous closer to the source, up where the wild released power was flowing from......or maybe just treacherous in a different way (stand behind a tree you might get run over!).....hmmmmm....

buddie

Post Number: 5965
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Over all Hale you sound sure footed :-)
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

animalspirits

Post Number: 2146
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

I wonder if it was not treacherous down near the bottom of the slopes with all the snow, but less treacherous closer to the source, up where the wild released power was flowing from......or maybe just treacherous in a different way (stand behind a tree you might get run over!).....hmmmmm....

I thought the same thing. Higher up is closer to the Source and the Sun...where information comes from. Maybe those Rhinos barreling down was to show you they mean business and that the information is from high. Trust your instincts in 'them' lowlands.

...just my 2 cents worth...

~Yotee Coyote

inxa
Advanced Member
Username: inxa

Post Number: 434
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wasnt making fun of animals. I apologise if that is what you thought. I do use to much emotion though. I cant help it. If you knew who I was and what has been my existence you would understand. I try to be funny and happy when in reality I shouldnt open my mouth.

Please say a prayer for me? Really, please?

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 4323
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 9:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

today dreamed i kept getting these weird cell phone calls, where i would get cryptic, almost threatning messages...when i thought to take the number who was calling and put it into google to try and look up, google returned several pages which, instead of dealing with phone numbers/addresses, dealt with the topic of MOTHMAN and how this "number sequence" was involved somehow...which immediately filled me with dread because i've read so much about the "curse" where people associated wtih the topic or movie ended up dead for whatever reason.
"...So tear me open, but beware there's things inside without a care..."

Metallica

animalspirits

Post Number: 2155
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 9:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

inxa,

I am not mad at you.

...sending you peaceful energy...

Emotions can either help you or hurt you. I believe the key is in understanding their real source, which is part of your path. I respect your right to walk that path as you need to.

No worries...

~Yotee Coyote

animalspirits

Post Number: 2156
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 9:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fort,

Maybe you are taking these dreams too literally. Look for the symbolism in them, see if that helps. I don't know about Mothman...but don't think you are going to die.

Something like: what do cell phones represent? What does Mothman represent? etc. Maybe that will help some.

Hope so.

~Yotee Coyote

buddie

Post Number: 5973
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I can't remember much about last
nights dream and usually I'd
simply let it go.. but it was about
hundreds of little (chicadee) size
birds flocking around me..they were
singing so sweetly and were very
colorful.. yellows & reds mostly..
I hardly ever dream of birds? wish
I could remember the story..
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

buddie

Post Number: 5983
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 5:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay one more bird dream..
for some reason I never think
of Eagles nor Owls as birds ..
they're more like animals to my
mind.. anyway heres this Huge
brown speckled Owl sitting on a
branch.I was observing him and he
knew I was there.. I was seeing
every tiny feather move in the breeze..
He had beautiful golden eyes..
same color as Lion..and he sat there
very patient knowing I was amazed with
this experience..I was not in my body I
think I was the wind moving over him..
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

animalspirits

Post Number: 2196
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 2:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie,

Was it day time or night time, do you remember? Was there a lot of light?

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3832
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,
I have an owl like that, too. He comes to me when I have to deal with deep emotional or frightening issues. He is very calming for me, at least. He is so real when he visits, I can feel his weight on my shoulder.

Ldyhawk369
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 545
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Still having short insights? but not as often . Last night saw this handsome face and felt a pang in the heart, never met him before.

buddie

Post Number: 5985
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AS I will say it was light out
but just daylight not a sunny day
more like a somewhat blue tinged
overcast day..if that makes sense

SC funny you mention emotional or
frightening issues.. I am a bit
worried and emotional because I
may need surgery on my hand and
just learned about it Monday..
I was very calm in the dream..
It even lasted after I woke up..
I know those dreams are different
for me..

Something about those little colored
birds too ..when I woke up I made a
connection with them and my hand but
it's tooo farrr back to bring to the
surface..
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3842
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,
Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope you get good news about it. My owl has been with me for about 15 years, now. I wonder if it is the same one???

buddie

Post Number: 5987
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes I wonder.. thats a nice
thought..boy does he have
his hands full
It was my first and I hope
not my last visit..thank you
and I'm thinking everything
will be okay with my hand
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3843
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 6:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, he is very cool. He left me a feather once (a small one). I don't get to see him very often, though.

animalspirits

Post Number: 2203
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 6:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

That is the next question.

What color was the light? Was the coming from all around or the Owl?

I am asking them one at a time because I don't want you to think about your answers...

~Yotee Coyote

buddie

Post Number: 5990
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 4:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AS it's hard to tell..
I can see him soo well..
I can say I was the wind or
at least not in the physical..
Thats because I was all around
him like but mostly I was focused
on his front and face..
I saw him from a short distance
and up close..
I only think it was like a blue
white grey mix of outdoor light..
I can't say if it came from him
or not .. I don't recall any other
surroundings..
It's weird isen't it trying to capture
this stuff .. I've never tried before :-)
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

buddie

Post Number: 5991
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 4:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ladyhawk.. I used to have similar
dreams .. and the Pang was like coming
home then being torn apart all at the
same time .. I never knew him back then
either.. he is a dark haired caucasian
artist :-)
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

animalspirits

Post Number: 2213
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 9:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

This is what Owl told me:

The wind carries and receives information. If you were the wind, then you were carrying and receiving information from Owl.

Owl, as you have described him, was in Spirit. Young souls are white and the colors progress toward a very deep purple depending on soul age. This occurs VERY slowly over many, many Earthwalks. Given the blue color associated with him, he was a fairly advanced Owl with regard to his age/knowledge. Among Owl’s many teachings are:
The link between the dark, unseen world (unknown) and the world of light (known), and the ability to see behind masks. Since you were the wind, he knew you were there to get information. He appeared to be very patient with you, staying until you received the information you needed.

They will not interfere in any aspect of the path you are walking, if it is supposed to happen.

Let me know if you have any questions or if this triggered anything. It very well may not have anything to do with your upcoming surgery.

~Yotee Coyote

animalspirits

Post Number: 2214
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 9:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

When you awoke from your dream involving the flock of little birds, how did you feel?

~Yotee Coyote

sitsoncats
Advanced Member
Username: sitsoncats

Post Number: 402
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 3:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

last night I awoke in a dream .....I was young and I was in viet nam...it is the first time in many years those days have crossed my mind in such detail...not that i dont remember every single day...but last night I was back there...and I have been there all day....I am having trouble shaking it loose....I feel like I should be there ....yea I know ...nuts
koyaanisqatsi

animalspirits

Post Number: 2223
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

soc,

Sometimes dreams dredge up old unresolved issues.

~Yotee Coyote

Hale

Post Number: 2245
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Those that survived often feel guilt over having been able to come home when so many didn't....if that's what's at work....and if so, then completely understandable.

buddie

Post Number: 5994
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AS ..
as always Thank You for the dream
interpretation..

The wind carries and receives information.
If you were the wind, then you were carrying
and receiving information from Owl.

I am very sure I was the wind
I have no thoughts on it at the
moment and can't imagine what I
could bring.. except I think he
enjoyed my curiosity and that I
was not concerned about the state
I was in

The link between the dark, unseen world (unknown) and the world of light (known), and the ability to see behind masks. Since you were the wind, he knew you were there to get information. He appeared to be very patient with you, staying until you received the information you needed.

He was very patient .. I woke up feeling
relaxed and remembered (but it's more in the
feeling sense) yet full bodied

The little colored birds..I felt good
when I woke ..there is a big piece
missing though..all I can say is I was
not feeding them and can't remember why
they were flying around me ..I think I
wondered about that in the dream as well :-)
a we n' de yauh ho. eh

Berghaus
Username: berghaus

Post Number: 823
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 4:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had just three hours sleep last night, going to bed at 5am and rising 8.30.

Near waking, I found myself in my energy body with some people I do not now recognise.

As usual, you know them in the astral realm but they're rarely anyone you know in waking life. Oh, my mum was there too. Like in life, she didn't say much...lol.

I noticed a larger than normal spider. It was about three times the size of house spiders but not as big as a Tarantula. It was one of those that has a fat thick body (and can bite!).

Somehow I knew that the spider was highly intelligent and was aware of us in the room. In fact, it was more intelligent than most of the people in that room...hehe.

The spider was dark with a big orange spot on its back and it could jump three or four feet. It inflated itself a bit just before hopping/jumping. There was possibly a kind of seeing eye on its back too, if that makes any sense.

I caught the spider in a transparent plastic cup (I use them in real life to catch them humanely and put them out).

Once trapped, the spider began inflating itself to try to jump away and escape.

Putting my hand securely on the cup to hold it down, the spider inflated and inflated until it about filled the whole cup, it was amazing and a bit scary.!

Then, POP!# It exploded inside the cup and deflated until flat and, frankly, looked like it had died, poor thing. Wow.!

The dream ended and I came away from my energy body and woke up, feeling slightly perturbed.

If anyone has any input or insight on interpreting this bizarre experience then I'd be very grateful as always.

All the best from a nice and sunny London morning folks, cheers.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3854
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 9:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I was going to post about my dream last night that was full of bears and critters, but I think I want to know more about Berg's dream. I think there are such things as large leaping spiders.

animalspirits

Post Number: 2230
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Berg,

...just my 2 cents worth...

Spider represents illusions. She seeks to expose them. So think of Spider as an illusion in your life.

Spider inflated itself/grew larger just before it jumped (came toward you/impacts you).

When you contained it, it grew and grew in size until it could not grow any more inside its container and exploded.

You have an illusion going on in your life that is continuing to grow. If you can recognize it and/or contain it, it will self-destruct.

The thing about illusions is that once you see them/contain them, they cease to exist which is what your Spider/illusion did in the dream.

If this is useful, great...if not, just disregard it...no worries.

~Yotee Coyote

animalspirits

Post Number: 2231
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,

Post your dream.

~Yotee Coyote

Berghaus

Post Number: 826
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

animalspirits, that is a fascinating interpretation and I will ponder it carefully over a few days.

Not sure what illusion may be referred to but will think hard and try to isolate an area that maybe fits.

SC, aye, I'd like to hear about your dream too. Seems an active night for animal guides last night by all accounts.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3859
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had some long, complicated dreams about being in some sort of a school, but what I remember most vividly was first seeing a bear in the dream, but it was a living and moving carved bear fetish. He got my attention, as I was partially lucid. After that I was walking in the snow, and mother bears with cubs kept leaping out of the snow caves where they had been resting, and I had quite a time trying to avoid them and not separate them from their cubs.

animalspirits

Post Number: 2236
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,

Bear teaches healing through introspection and solitude...and often in a cave setting.

It is not surprising that they were coming out of snow caves.

...seems like Bear wants to work with you now.

~Yotee Coyote

animalspirits

Post Number: 2237
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Berg,

Don't think about it. Illusions are often aided by the mind/ego. When someone is using illusion to keep you from 'seeing' something, your mind/ego will feed into that illusion. The quickest way to expose it is to trust your instincts. Just feel what is not right in your world...that is where you begin.

~Yotee Coyote

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 10246
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

spiders do expose illusions.

the only dream i had about a spider was unusual.

in real life, this shaman was trying to get close to me, sexually and for power reasons. he came off as charming and all but i didn't like him.

then i dreamed of seeing him hunched down near a lodge. then the face and shoulders of an indian appeared in my vision. he was very dark with rough skin and a scar. he asked me 'do you know what this is?' and pointed to a tatoo of a spider on his shoulder.

he said, 'it is iktome'.

then i woke up. i rememberred iktome was a seducer and trickster.

i felt like this indian was telling me my opinion was right-not to trust the shaman.

proved right.

Berghaus

Post Number: 828
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When animalspirits posted about illusions, I thought of Iktome Susi.

However, life is a tapestry of complexity.

Perhaps we need those who oppose us to become stronger.

As my old ally Choke Cherry Gall eagle says;
"Ha! My enemies, I laugh at you. You make me stronger."

The trash heap has spoken...

Oi...

Berghaus

Post Number: 829
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now, for the first time I reveal

The face of Iktome..!#

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3883
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's a challenge. I had a dream last night where I went to Starbucks for a latte. The manager there made a BIG deal about how special his lattes were. When he finally gave me my latte, it was in a clear goblet and there was no foam. I asked where the foam was and he told me that it was contained in the suspended globules that were floating in the liquid, so the liquid could stay clear and I could see the eel that was swimming around in my cup. Sure enough there was a little wolf eel in there. I asked what I was supposed to do with the eel and he said that it was meant to be eaten. (like the worm in tequilla) Well, I decided that I didn't like that plan so I took a spoon and fished the ell out to give it back to him. Unfortunately the little eel had already died.

susi t learn

Post Number: 10258
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

southern

i had to laugh-perhaps you were caught up in the 'homosexual thread.'

in chinese the word eel is often used for penis. in japan, to call someone a yellow eel is to call them a homosexual. lol

eel also means great depths and epic journey of transformation.

-'animal speaks' by ted andrews.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3884
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, I was laughing about it as I posted it, thinking of what else the eel could symbolize. Thanks.

Hale

Post Number: 2261
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susie said eel!!!

<snickers>

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3886
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

At least I didn't eat the eel. Harumph.

Aprylla
Username: astralgazer

Post Number: 1806
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Southern Cross, this is beyond my comprehension. Friday night the 8th of 2008 I had two dreams about bears. Was that the same night as your dream? I actually just popped in here to ask what dreaming about bears meant when I saw your post. However my dream was violent. There was a large bear chasing me and then a smaller one that had bitten me and was latched on. I was in Alaska. It was very vivid, very predator vs. prey. No nice cuddly bears for me.
"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable – what then?" George Orwell 1984

susi t learn

Post Number: 10260
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

aprylla

most dreams are symbolic. bears are 'awakening the power of the unconscious. perhaps they're just trying to get your attention-for some reason you don't want to dig deep into yourself?

bear medicine urges you not to hide away year round-come out of the den. more opportunities will come to you in the spring.

life must be tasted.

the fact that they were chasing you and bitten means they really want you to get their message.

that's just my take-perhaps animal spirits can add.

animalspirits

Post Number: 2257
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Aprylla,

It is not unusual for your lifelong animal spirit to attack or bite, especially in dreams.

If you are afraid of it, it will continue to do so until you lose that fear.

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3887
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Aprylla,
Yep, Friday was my night of the bears. Animalspirits can help more than I, but I do know that bears are associated with healing as well as internal introspection. They can also be associated with the maternal. In the medicine wheel that I was taught, the bear is the guardian of the west. I think most of that is in the Medicine Cards. I don't think that the fact that they attacked you is bad. They may have wanted to get your attention.