Archive through November 29, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through November 29, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 1421
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I got my CD set from the Hemi-sync store today! I'll try it out tonight.

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 81
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 7:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am also very interested in these Dirk, please let us know.

quick
Username: quick

Post Number: 28
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nothing too exciting, but a big deal for me. I've always had the beginnings for OBEs, massive intense electrical buzzing feelings waking up in the middle of the night paralyzed, its happened probably 100+ times.

Last night i stayed up last 4am, and i was thinking to myself before heading to bed, this is perfect conditions. Very tired but yet my mind is still awake.

Soon as i closed my eyes, i woke up paralyzed, intense buzzing got scared as usual, then calmed down, and tried to lift out and separate, and BAM i was totally out and i was sliding to the right and down diagonally and was thinking to myself "Thank you" just before i was about to go through the floor/wall in an instant i was back in my body and out of it, could still feel the buzzing, but was able to move. Took me another hour or so before i could go back to sleep after that lol.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1428
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 6:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey! good for you! I have that intense energy experience once in a while also, but never really got out during it. I didn't know then that it was an opportunity to have an OBE.

quick
Username: quick

Post Number: 29
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks dirk, I've always been too scared to try anything other than trying to move or make it end. But lately I've been actually kind of trying to separate. But I guess I'm still to scared and attached to my body to get very far lol.

I find almost every time like clockwork the more tired I am, especially after staying up very late and totally exhausted it get these paralyzing/buzzing episodes.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1430
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 8:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You're welcome quick. There is some fear to get over obviously, mostly about death.

I've listened to the first 2 CD's of the MI set. The first one was just Bob talking about his experiences. The second takes you to I think focus 10, he just counts to 10 as the sounds change, but he holds you there for a really long time, like over a half an hour I think. I found myself towards the end with my mouth agape, but not snoring, breathing normally through my nose. I was on my back since that was more comfortable. I didn't get out of my body, but it was just supposed to be a relaxation session anyway. I think in the others he will take me through different conditions to eventually an OBE on command. That would be cool. I think his technique is to roll out of his body. In my experience, I just sit up like I'm getting up from bed. I certainly hope this is good training. I find it much easier for me to learn experientially rather than from books. I'm a "hands-on" kind of guy really, though I read books obviously, but I just couldn't bring myself to read a book about getting out of the body for some reason in spite of the fact that I bought it. I guess I have some kind of disconnect or something. Oh well, we all learn differently to some extent.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1431
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 9:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, and I have found that the in-ear monitors are much better than ordinary headphones. These are like ear buds, but they go inside the ear canal, making for excellent isolation from outside sounds. Before, when I listened to my delta CD, I'd be awake the whole time. Now, with these new monitors, I typically zonk out during that same CD. You can see them here.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 1547
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Quick,
I have those buzzing vibrations, too. I will also get a tremendous thumping around the heart chakra when the vibrations get intense enough to get out. If I can manage to not freak out during all of this, I can have a conscious exit. I've heard that the vibrations tend to go away with practice.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1439
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 7:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was too tired last night to have a listening session. Maybe tonight will be more fruitful.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1447
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 7:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This morning I tried the relaxation CD from the set again and had a good experience. My body really does go into a deep state of relaxation and mind stays awake, but my body doesn't fall asleep for a long time, more towards the end of the session. I don't know how many times I should listen to each CD before moving on to the next one. I guess twice is enough? I think this is an old set of tapes that have been transferred to CD and was apparently part of some workshop that the MI used to have. Bob doesn't do the energy conversion box, or the resonant tuning for example, during the sessions. I did feel deeply relaxed afterwards though, like I had received some very deep rest. I think it's time to try the next CD in the series.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1557
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 7:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder when the added the energy conservation box? I think twice would be enough. I usually find a couple in a set that I like most and I keep listening to those.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Happy birthday, Dirk.

miaree9
Advanced Member
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 299
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 12:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Indeed, dirk, happy birthday. May this be the start of a wonderful year.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1455
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 7:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you so much for that! Yes, I'm 47 today. I find myself on this birthday more deeply in love than I ever have been in my life, in better physical shape than in many years, and more hopeful of a brighter future than just a few months ago. I guess things are looking up for now.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1456
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 7:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This morning I listened to the same CD again and must have popped out of my body at some point because I had an erection towards the end of the session. Bob Monroe found that men do that after coming back to their bodies. Why, I don't know. I'm going to try lying on my side next time and see if getting out is easier. It has been that way in the past.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, Bob did discuss the sexual aspects of his out of body experiences, didn't he? Are all of the OBE cd's done at focus 10?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1463
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 11:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I don't think of erections as necessarily sexual. That organ needs to be engorged daily to nourish the tissues there.

I don't know. On this CD, he counts to 10, but doesn't say anything about focus 10. I assume that's what it is though. I haven't listened to the other CD's in this set though.

In the Gateway Voyage CD sets, Wave II takes you to focus 12, Wave V takes you to focus 15, and Wave VI takes you to focus 21.

Damon

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And all this time I thought my nightly erections just meant I needed to go pee.

Dirk - which workshop did you take while at the Monroe institute. I think I'm going to go next summer for one. They have quite a few on their website.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 7:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I did the Gateway Voyage, the first one you have to take to qualify for the others.

Yeah, I used to think that too about having to get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night, but now I think that our need to do that brings us back to our bodies, hence the erection.

I listened to the same CD, but I rested on my side this time and promptly fell asleep. sigh...try again tomorrow.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1473
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I tried the next CD in the set, called "Condition A". It's just hemi-sync sounds with the guide post jingle, and then Bob's voice "remember your purpose" every 20 minutes or so. This CD is supposed to keep you in the borderland between sleep and wakefulness, but I found it boring. It didn't do anything for me, though I will try it again. I wasn't feeling well this morning, so I probably couldn't relax very deeply.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1565
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I listened to one of the relaxation cds yesterday afternoon, and I fell asleep. I guess it was too relaxing.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 1:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't feel like I'm in the border between sleep and wakefulness unless I'm seeing flashes of dream images. At least that's how I think about it.

I hope you feel better, Dirk. I've been on the border of being sick for so long, it's rediculous.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1475
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 2:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I'm fine now SC. I just had a little bit of intestinal distress. I was very irritable this morning though. Got mad at the cat, which is very unusual for me.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1571
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 2:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I can't imagine you being mad at the cat. What did he do?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1476
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, he meows constantly when I'm trying to meditate. It just got to me after a while.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1478
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I get into this nice yummy energy state during meditation and he starts his whinning and then I have to get up to let him out, and if I don't, he keeps it up for really long. I was agitated this morning on top of this and it got to me. I think it had something to with my dreams last night.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1573
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am thinking of taking the first class at the MI at the end of April, or the beginning of May.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1481
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That sounds great.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1482
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm sure you'll find it very beautiful there in the spring. There should be lots of flowers out around then. It's very quiet there in the foot hills of the mountains, or what passes for mountains here. Bring a foam cushion to sleep on.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1575
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Right. That will fit on the plane.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1485
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm sure you have a roll up camping mattress of some kind. The beds there are really hard. I don't like hard beds. I have a Comfortaire at home. it's so sweet and tender....

dirkwright

Post Number: 1486
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, you need to come a day ahead of time in order to rest and get over jet lag. It's important apparently, according to Paul's book. I'd fly in on Friday and get a hotel for the night, then drive down on Saturday morning.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1578
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good idea, Dirk. I would try to get in at least a day early. I get really tired from flying and my body hates jet lag. I do have an inflatable roll up camping thermarest.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1489
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There you go! Let me know what I can do to help.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Dirk. When you have a chance, let me know what airport is closest to the seminar, so I can check out the travel.

I did think about Paul's issues with his travel schedule and his falling asleep during the first sessions. At that time of the year, I will be really tired from tax season, as well as from any jet lag. But I think, what the heck, I have six days in the seminar. Any info that you can give me will be welcomed.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1493
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 7:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, you'll get plenty of rest during the Gateway Voyage. You listen to hemi-sync for about 4 or more hours per day. They also have a "sleep processor" that runs all night if you want to listen to it. I couldn't sleep very well at all during my week there, but I didn't need that much apparently.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1618
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 8:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I need to get back to my Journeys Out of the Body CD set. I put it aside a week or more ago because the third CD didn't do anything for me. I need to try again.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1636
Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I listened to the next CD in the set, and I would have had an OBE except for the fact that my mouth fell open and I couldn't breathe, so I had to shake myself awake to get out of it. I need another set of those earphones that go in the ear canal so I can lie on my side. That's always been a downside to listening on my back.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1698
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 8:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a cool experience at Hale's hot glass studio last night. I made the cup part of a goblet. It was blue and green, then I dropped it. crap. Hale, your daughter is interested in this stuff.

dirkwright

Post Number: 100
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 8:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I fell asleep after meditation this morning. I got into my energy state, tried to maintain it, but kept falling into it, then out of it. Several of my chakras "light up" during these events, and sometimes I can see my third eye too, but my root chakra is the one that is most uncomfortable. It lights up so strongly that it really bothers me. I remember sitting on the edge of the sofa out of my body, thinking about how I much I want a passionate loving relationship and how what I have isn't like that. I also remember some lucid dreaming, something about cooking breakfast. I think a woman was cooking rice and some kind of dark fruit like prunes. Not something I would eat, but whatever.

My lucid dreams last night were strange too. I dreamed I got too close to some diseased people and had to be quarentined. I had these red spots on my arms I recall. Nothing made any sense to me last night. Oh well...

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 209
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 7:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I was removing parasites from my left hand. There was a kind of a worm with a tapered cylinder for a shell embedded in my left middle finger that was tough to pull out. Then there were three crawfish in my left pinky finger. I've had parasites before, but this was weird.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 4968
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 7:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

do you believe these things really were in your fingers?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It sounds similar to things I've heard described as power intrusions. Illnesses look like insects. I sometimes (very rarely) see such things if I am in an altered state.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 216
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 9:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, they are astral parasites, just like we have physical ones sometimes. I've had them before. My physical left hand is perfectly healthy though. I would love to be more conscious during OBE's and have a good look over my body to get rid of any others I may have. I don't think of them as "power intrusions", which I don't know what that means, but they are just astral bugs sucking whatever juice out of me that they can. I don't think these things have any deeper meaning than that.

The crayfish were under my skin, and the worm with the shell left a pretty good size crater in my finger after I pulled him out. I think the more conscious I become, the most I can deal with this stuff. I'm just dealing with so much other stuff now that I don't have the energy to focus on this very often.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2025
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The concept of power intrusion works like this. Some people can control astral beasties and set them against another person, eventually causing illness in the victim. I assume you were in your astral body at the time?

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 221
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ok, I understand what you mean SC. I don't know why anyone would want to send some bugs after me, but whatever. Yes, I was in my astral body at the time. Thanks for explaining that to me.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2027
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think the beasties can arrive naturally, too.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for that SC. I agree. I've had a cricket embedded in my astral butt, and I've had a pear-shaped entity embedded in my lower abdomen. I've never thought of them as coming from someone else, but I suppose that's possible.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 224
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, and I'm not afraid of this stuff either. I'm not bothered by real parasites either, like ticks and such. I just deal with it and move on.

kathy decker
Advanced Member
Username: kat

Post Number: 376
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This is all very interesting. I have only seen spiders, and have not been attacked so it is good to know.
I don't travel much anymore, anyhow.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 583
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

I had a cool experience at Hale's hot glass studio last night. I made the cup part of a goblet. It was blue and green, then I dropped it. crap. Hale, your daughter is interested in this stuff.

You'd be right about that. She is in fact showing a great deal of creative ability and interest. She wants very much to do glass, although she is intimidated by the heat (who wouldn't). She likes the idea of working glass at the torch (beads, etc) and that would certainly be more her speed for now (small fingers).

....And by dropping a piece on the floor you now know what we mean when we say "that's a floor model." Some of the best pieces were the ones we saved from the floor. There is redemption even in these things.

Well, I can't say I have seen parasites like you have described, but I have been aware of things attached to me. Sort of like how a lamphry (sp?) attached to a shark, hitching a ride and getting food. I suspect that these are lower level kinds of organized energies.....with their own form of consciousness, however limitted they may be.

I have known some real energy sponges in my life, and they were humans. I don't think the "parasites" are really out to do evil, they just are what they are. I would suspect using visualizations to help them move on could be useful. Suggest that their better answer would be to evolve some, find that they DO create and maintain their own energy, and that once they do that, a whole new world opens up to them, a world full of promise and possibility.

The Inipi, or sweat lodge, I always felt, was a way of cleansing the body AND mind or nonphysical self.

Personally, based on what I know of this region, Spring is one very special time here as things begin to come out in bud. My favorite time is when the redbud is beginning to come out and the forests have those small bits of green beginning to show themselves. You can still see through the forests, but there is the beginning of life stirring and trying to break out all over. My favorite time I think. Air is still cool, but you can hear the creeks and rivers running as they break through their crusts of ice. These days, however, I doubt we will even get ice to any significant degree if we keep having these warm winters. Drink plenty of water after your flight, SC.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

Da'an
Username: daan

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

!
"UP"

Da'an
Username: daan

Post Number: 1692
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

up...?
"UP"

Stephen in AZ
Username: stephenm

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 1:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

UP !

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 109
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And Away!!
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

dirkwright

Post Number: 998
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a cool experience this morning. After meditation, I laid down on the sofa to relax. Usually, during this time, I get into my energy state, where my entire body becomes electrified and at some of my chakras light up. I was practicing doing this because my root chakra is particularly hard to take when it's on fire. So, then next thing I know I'm traveling through space, but it's my perception that traveling, I don't think I had an OBE. I come upon a planet, but I didn't realize it at the time. Then I'm in the sky looking down at humans doing their thing and I ride a bike in the park, etc. until my perception becomes weak and I return to here. I've read that there are other planets with humans, but I don't know if this was an astral or a physical planet. It was in color though...
What, me worry?

Cosmic Seeker
Advanced Member
Username: mikelmn

Post Number: 346
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 4:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I awoke earlier than usual this morning, because I had to go a long way for a job interview.
As is usual, I decided to meditate before getting out of bed. The meditation is going ok when suddenly I realise I am not in this world. There are people walking around me- not sure if they are ordinary humans; they are humanoid looking, not alien. For some reason I don't want them to see me so I force myself back to the regular world where I am still sitting in meditation.
Shifting to another world sometimes happens during my meditations- but usually I merely observe and don't have interactions with other beings- this time was different.

Meditation first thing in the morning is most effective if you want to have paranormal experiences.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah, I meditate almost every morning, but not in bed. That's cool about your experiences though. Sometimes when I'm waiting to fall asleep, I'll become aware of other people around, making noises, etc. Sometimes when I'm listening to the delta or theta CD I'll hear people making noises. Last night, I had what I think was a pet or animal jump on the bed. It startled me of course, but I used to have this all the time. There'd be a jump, followed by footsteps across the bed towards me....yeah, I know that would freak some people out....I'm fairly certain this was a deceased cat or other pet or astral animal though...I just wish I could see them too!
What, me worry?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1086
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had an interesting OBE this morning. Has anyone had the experience of hearing what sounds like a radio in their head? I've had it many times, and this morning it was a call-in talk show, and they were talking about the local commuter train service. I wonder if twisting my nose will change the station?
What, me worry?

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 2:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stopping by...

dirkwright

Post Number: 1344
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 7:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wish I was floating by...
What, me worry?

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stopping by again...

Dirk

Post Number: 2189
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had on OBE the other day, while I was napping after meditation in the morning. I crawled on my hands and knees through the dinning room and into the kitchen. I eventually stood up, but I got confused about whether or not my eyes were open, and I saw different things based on that. Oh well, more practice someday.
What, me worry?

Dirk

Post Number: 2650
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 8:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I tried listening to my Delta CD before bed, and I didn't take any OTC sleep aids, and the next thing I knew I was walking around the house out of my body after the CD was over! then I went down into the basement because the electricty wasn't working (duh!) and found some dolls and a guy with long hair and a beard. Then I came back to my body, and got out again, this time I was in the back yard, hiding from a T rex! I dove into one of the basement windows and it was dark and I asked who was there, and someone said "Homer", yeah right! Then there were some other people there and I started to go back upstairs when I went back to my body. I think those OTC sleep aids prevent OBEs. I've always been a light sleeper though. I'll try sleeping with out them again tonight.
Only Love is Forever

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 132
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 8:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk - I'm going to purchase a set of those CDs, what would you recommend I start with?
”There comes a time in our lives when the firm ground we stand on vanishes from beneath our feet. At that moment we must either fall, or we must learn to fly.”

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1590
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Time for more.

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 3:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Does anybody have any more out of body experiences to report?

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 917
Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think I visited this thread during an OBE last night.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3479
Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think that a lot of the OBE end up getting reported in the dream thread, because it's sometimes tough to tell the difference between an OBE and a lucid dream.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 1624
Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 10:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie had one, I think.....but like SC said, its over in the dream thread.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, just you and I and nature." ---Van Morrison

kate
Intermediate Member
Username: ktmac

Post Number: 141
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 8:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

here's mine, I think... it may come under the heading of NDE, I'm not too sure.

I had an emergency c-section when I had my twins, and everything was pretty frantic, doctors were running everywhere and DH was flapping about in his too-small scrubs, with his beard poking out the sides of the mask. I was laying on the table, and I could feel them cutting me (no pain, just a very strange invasive sensation) when all of a sudden I was looking down on what was happening from above. I could see my insides, and all sorts of metal surgical equipment poking out. I felt really out of it, and just started looking around the room, and kind of going wherever I looked (hard to describe) I was looking at the monitors (which were set up behind my head when I was on the table) and was quite surprised to see my blood pressure was 220/160 - way too high! I went back to see first my daughter, then my son being pulled out of my body. I was surprised at how rough it looked - I always thought it would be more gentle than that. My daughter needed help to breathe, and I was right with her as they were putting tubes down her tiny throat. My son came out screaming. I was thinking about what to do next when all of a sudden I was back on the table, looking up at the anaethesthetist, who was asking me if I was alright. He said I was looking 'a bit spacey'

it is the strangest experience of my life, to date

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 5361
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kate I don't know what it's called..
but at the age of 10 I had an emergency
appendectomy and after the needle went
in my arm the doctor was teasing me
asking if I was married etc.. waiting
for me to go under I guess.. I was 'out' !!
I blew up into a balloon and floated
around the room then went out the window..
I remember the doctor asking me if my
brother got married..he was in a year
before for the same operation.. by then
I was floating away and just laughed..
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Too much information to lose in this one....
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

Bruce
Username: bruce

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 5:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Quick question, I've just read all 3 of Robert A. Monroe's books. When trying to have an OOBE, do you see with your imagination? Or do you actually "click" outside of your body and see with an astral version of your physical eyes? I seem to have hit a brick wall and can't get out!

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 1261
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 7:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bruce,

I haven't gone to the Monroe Institute, but have friends that have gone many times.

This is how I do it and it does work for me:

I just let go of my mind/ego and let my soul/heart drift outward. Over time you will be able to do it at will and stay there for as long as you want.

I would say that patience, practice, and having no fear of doing it wrong are the most important things.

Just my 2 cents worth....hope it helps you.

Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote