Archive through September 19, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through September 19, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

psyrinity
Advanced Member
Username: psyrinity

Post Number: 211
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 8:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ok, buddie...

I'm back, and *whew* what a trip it was!

Please know that I do not mean any of this in a harsh or critical manner at all... this is just what I saw...

unpacking from moving.. - moving - progress, settling in to a new (spiritual) place

there were boxes that I was emptying - boxes - thinking and beliefs (unpack, examine your thinking and beliefs in this new spiritual place)

some had rocks in them and some had colored glass bottles.. some of your "boxes" of thinking and beliefs contain natural fragments of the whole, some contain fragile human made containers that you can fill with whatever you want, you are removing those from their "boxes" of interpretations and viewing them outside the "box" (another perspective)

there was a guy from my highschool days - a familiar aspect of yourself.
in the dream he wanted me to lay down with him and just kinda cuddle it calmed him?? - this aspect of yourself needs comfort and rest, and you provide it

I also had bitten all my fingernails
on both hands into what looked like a
terrible mess of jagged and broken nails.. - you have sabotaged your sensitivity by chewing, (over analyzing) until what is left is a shredded mess.
The good thing about fingernails are, though.. they grow back naturally.

on one finger I had pretty much removed the
skin and nail.. - you've removed the protective covering from this one aspect thereby exposing it to more pain and suffering.

I hope some of that makes sense, and it helps...

Love ya!

Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness. James Thurber

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 4645
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sighrinity omg !!
I had to stop after each interpretation..
You have no idea how accurate this is..
The hairs on my arms raised up and I was
over come with tears WHEW!!
And last but not least sigh!! removing that
protective covering was indeed completed this
week-end..I was causing most of the pain and
suffering to myself although it is a process..

Thank You for taking the time because I had
not worked through it.. but I did feel it was
an important dream to me.. and my dream world
has changed plenty in the last 8 or so months..
My dreams now have very little story to them they have become very fragmented.. kinda like how Mark described above..it's a big change..
I was thinking for a long time that I wasen't
dreaming although I knew I was.. :-)
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 1231
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 2:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, psy, THAT was verrrry interesting.

Like a gift or something.

Dreams.....I was sitting in a chinese restaurant. It was a real dive. the walls had the same kind of plastic sheeting you'd put up in a bathroom to protect the walls. Very plastic feel, and these Chinese folk just cranking out the chow in the back. I go to a place that is like a counter and eat there, preferring to look into the kitchen to get glimpses of the cook doing his thing.

Then an odd thing began to happen. Several men in uniforms (uniforms more like doormen or waiters, maybe---not so much govt./military) were coming in and they were removing parts of the room while the restaurant bustled around them. These men got to a point where it was obvious they were dismantling the restaurant and as they did so, the lighting changed. For all intents and purposes, it was like a theater set being struck between scenes. The lighting was blue, and while you could see the men working right before you, they seemed more in the background. They kept to themselves, kept their eyes low, and aroused as little attention as possible.

Then the wall around the kitchen was taken away and I could see into a large open area, almost like an industrial space. It was a lot like the area just inside the store where you get a shopping cart....well, there were this collection of shopping carts in there, behind the wall. Hundreds. Then, as more walls were taken away, the store was opened up and you could see that this was a supermarket. There was a point where people began walking around and I could see over in the flower section how several people were gathered around talking, old friends, discussing the events of the previous day. The scene and its characters had completely changed. There was something about it that amazed me....seeing and feeling the flavor of the Chinese restaurant, all covered in grease and cheap decor, then being dismantled, and suddenly realizing I was moving over some invisible transition point where one becomes the other. And once the other was apparent, it was completely different in appearance and character.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, just you and I and nature." ---Van Morrison

psyrinity
Advanced Member

Post Number: 212
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's the "or something"

I still maintain this is something we all can develop, and we all have access to. Just takes some practice, mixed with communication/communion with the higher self.

Hale,
sounds like you've got some extensive expansion of consciousness and changing perceptions goin on.
There's much more there, a lot to consider...

buuuut... I really need to actually do my paid job now.........

Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness. James Thurber

Hale

Post Number: 1240
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 2:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Was dreaming in a location that I recognized as having been there before although I do not recall the prior dream. It was in the country, and there was a train track. I was walking up the tracks and saw these HUGE blueberries by the side of the tracks, like the size of lemons. Amazed, I kept walking and saw how the tracks turned into asphalt. I took a pair of skis and laid them out where the tracks ended with the thinking that the train, when it comes, would have a way to bridge the gap.

Then I am in a car that in real life has been parked and the inspection sticker has expired last month. I am driving it around in dreaming, and someone drives by me and then whips around behind me and I realize its a cop, except this is a guy not in uniform. He gets out of the car and starts to give me the what-for. We get into this big deal for a while. It is obvious that the reason for stopping me was not for the sticker, but something else. That was just a pretext.

I realize this and begin talking to him, questioning HIM about his motives, asking him if his kids would feel good about what he was doing. I looked him in the eye, and it was clear that he was up to something. I kept at him, appealing to whatever amount of conscience he might have deep down. I think this strikes to some things I have been thinking about as it relates to local government being the final wall against tyranny. Once that wall falls, well, we is screwed.

A.Frost
Username: afrost

Post Number: 52
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had this awful dream a couple of nights ago about a major disaster (it wasn't specific in the dream) that had happened, and as the dream went on I found out that people close to me were killed in the disaster.
On top of all that martial law had begun, and there was a rebellion in the U.S. because of it. I incidentally was caught in the cross-fire in the dream but anyway...it was a scary dream and I was glad I woke up.
I'm sure this dream is just too many late night trips to the coast to coasts, dreamlands, and prison planets...but nevertheless..it was very vivid.

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 8724
Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting dream, A. Frost--my dream from last night seems similar, somewhat.

I rarely report dreams here, but considering some of what I've read here this morning, I'll jot this one down.

It was night. I was in the desert. And I was running towards the front of a long, long line of people--middle easterners, thousand upon thousands of them--who were walking together on a road to some future destination, they knew not where.

It was as though they were the walking wounded, having been forced to leave their homes for a new place. Many of the men wore the head-dress familiar to the Afghan people, and most of the women wore clothing concealing even their faces. Everyone was silent.

Except me, as I went--person to person--warning them of what was shortly to befall them: a final, deadly massacre. Of course, they did not understand my language--and I did not understand theirs.

I just continued, frantically, up the endlessly long line of people, hoping to find someone who could hear, and understand.

allen
Advanced Member
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 330
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night i had a dream about compassion. I was in a conversation with this "person" i don't know the sex and I can't see anybody. We talked of light and darkness, of how we must accept both as our inheritance. Only then will we be ready to ascend. Then we began chatting with another person who was in denial of their darkness and the person I was with explained how receiving power from using darkness brings a disease into your soul that traps you in a downward spiral. He/She then went on to say that we must try to understand the condition of the souls around us as we cannot move/ascend without and leave them behind. I began to cry and hugged the one trapped in the dark spiral. Then I woke up.
It is hard for me to remember this dream accurately and I know I have left out something important but I wanted to share it.

buddie

Post Number: 4736
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 6:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've been having series of dreams
similar to what you wrote allen..
They definitely revolve around
personal growth.. spiritual??
Anyway I am being shown (told)
instructions (maybe) on how to
achieve something..you see these
dreams wake me up once I have
completed this task..but I can't
exactly remember their endings..
I also do things MY way and not
the way I'm being told..
The night before last I awoke to
these words very clearly..
Twice I was told after I already
did what ever it was I did..
THIS IS NOT THE WAY YOU DO
(this particular thing??)
I have a history of negative entity
visits so I'm highly suspicious of
who is giving me instructions ..
I go by instinct it seems and end
up doing things correctly I feel
because I get a somewhat blissful
feeling once I have achieved this
lesson?? reminder??
UUugggrraayy!! Sounds WACKED I know

I must be doing work on some level :-)

Qua da di

Hale

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmmmm. Interesting, there, Buddie. And Allen, I would sooo agree with the notion presented in your dream about the dark/light. I don't see how it could be any other. This notion that we must be "pure" and devoid of fault or some such before moving ahead is nonsense. I guess that was the role Jesus had to play. But still, I think as presented, it misses the point or glosses it over. Well, interesting dream and thanks for sharing.

Buddie (in my best crooner voice) : "I did it myyyyy waaaaay!" :-)

buddie

Post Number: 4741
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 3:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Slips into Hale Groupie T-shirt..
Hi Hale

(Message edited by buddie on August 10, 2007)

Qua da di

buu
Advanced Member
Username: buu

Post Number: 407
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 6:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just woke up a few minutes ago from a sort-of disaster dream. I had been dreaming something else when I "awoke" in a bed I'd never been in before in a house I didn't recognize. After fumbling around a bit I look out of the windows and see one part of the sky is black while the other is blue and somewhat cloudy. I moved to the door (seemed like it was an outside porch, possibly up in a taller building) and now I can see that a heavy soot is raining down, and huge columns of smoke are in the distance. I'm wiping the ash-rain away from my eyes as I step out, and now I can see buildings, not packed together, but high-rise apartment looking things, and there's obviously been some kind of disaster. My first impression was that it looked like a meteor had shot through the city horizontally. The two buildings I could see standing had gigantic, perfectly circular holes blasted through them. Following the "path" of the blast, I could see another column of smoke rising in the other direction.
I'm shocked by this and start looking at the building nearest. It seems like a miracle that it's standing up at all, because the hole leaves only a thin slice of it left on one side. The top floor seems to have crumbled a bit on this same side, and there is something of a fire amid the rubble. As I'm looking, one of the upper windows lights up like something just exploded into flames in that room. At this point I start panicking, thinking "should I call 911, but hundreds of people must be calling" and it becomes apparent that there are no sirens anywhere. Where are the police, where are the firemen no one is responding and there is no one in the streets or at the windows of the building--it's a ghost town.
After going back in, a man wearing what look like brownish-green military fatigues starts banging frantically on the window to be let in. I open the door and start asking "what happened, what's going on" but he's talking in a language I don't understand and running across the room to another door. He goes out onto a shrub-covered ledge overlooking what might have been a small parking lot. He fiddling around next to one of the plants and still talking in the other language, at one point saying my own name. I see suddenly that he's lit a small fuse and is standing back and I'm thinking sh--, that's not good, why did I let this guy in, then again he's got a gun so what am I going to do. The fuse reaches a sort of cartoon-looking red rocket that shoots down into the lot below and does sort of a quiet little flash-bang where I can't see. The guy has closed his eyes and raised his arms up in I guess a victory pose. He isn't able to stop me as I take the gun (an old-timey looking rifle) off his shoulder and fire it up through the bottom of his chin. I think "I should make sure he's dead" and the end of the gun forms into a makeshift bayonet. I stab him in the same place I shot him. I should mention that this wasn't some kind of spirited battle with shouting or struggling. I just sort of walked over and it happened. I recall throwing the rifle away from me into the shrubs, and the guy moving backward looking shocked with a line of blood coming down his face. I was waking up as this happened.

Thomas

Post Number: 8848
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream last night that I'll place in my own personal record books--between three and four in the morning, naturally.

In it, there were several of us--led by a single person--who were unwitting participants in a horrible conspiracy that I had just recognized as such.

One half of us (whoever "us" is) were promoting the idea of alien intelligences visiting earth; the other half of us were skeptics and debunkers--BOTH were working in concert with each other in order, subtly, to get common people to open themselves up to an evil that was resident on this planet, but concealed behind myth and legend.

The people who listened to the "alien intelligence" crowd (cooperating behind the scenes with major religions) gave themselves over willingly; those in the "skeptics and debunkers" crowd did so through materialism and denial of their spiritual essence.

Either way, the souls of all became "food for the gods."

Quite creepy, at least to me. I've been wide awake ever since.
“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

— Carl Gustav Jung, Swiss psychiatrist and philosopher, 1875–1961

buddie

Post Number: 4785
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

GAWD that feels prophetic ..
And there was only 2 sides
maybe tonight Thomas you will
dream about the fringe dwellers :-)

Qua da di

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 3173
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas,
I had a dream that was similar to yours once. It involved aliens who thought they were like Gods, and they were using religion as a conduit to dupe humans. They were also building a dimensional bridge, but that's something I don't want to write about in public.

Thomas

Post Number: 8853
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Your dream had a dimensional bridge too?
“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

— Carl Gustav Jung, Swiss psychiatrist and philosopher, 1875–1961

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3174
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 7:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas,
Yes.

Arggghhhhh!!!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 3177
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas,
If you want to send me a pm, we can talk about the dreams some more.

Hale

Post Number: 1367
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 1:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You really should read about the Archons in the Nag Hammadi. Thomas turned me on to them and I haven't been the same since <twitches three times quickly>

buu, if I had THAT dream....by golly (that's for my northern friend), I'd be thinking hard about that. Possibly prophetic, and THANKS for sharing that.
Which is interesting because today I was reading somewhere......bear with me because I have an issue with short term memory....until it gets shifted into longer term memory, I forget details (my story and sticking to it)....but someone was writing about how the war on terror had been dreampt up back in the 70's (the Cold War was dreamed up just before that), and then after that either the threat of a meteor or alien invasion. The point being that there has been this long line of threats put into the world, created really in order to achieve certain goals. For the life of me, buu, I can't recall where I was reading this and who said it. Anyway, the possible meteor reference was not lost on me.

I'll tell you what I think, and maybe its not appropriate for the Dream thread, but anymore I am feeling like its as if there are forces that KNOW, just KNOW that humankind is moving through change, and that as prophesized, it would result in some expansion of self....a kingdom on earth that has only been realized in small glimpses but with signs along the way and these signs are presenting themselves, and "they" know they have to do what they can to keep it from happening (boy I am sounding nuts)....with us struggling all the while just to make it in the day to day....and it feels like there is this effort on the part of those who would control to see to it that our larger potential is not realized, to keep us from seeing the truth. Hence obfuscating the deeper truths spoken by great teachers like Jesus and all the rest. Dogma creeping in to scatter the gold far and wide. I don't know why I feel this so strongly.....it need not be a calculated effort, but just human nature, but it feels like it has reached or is reaching a head. Its like we are moving through a dark wood and this dark wood stands between us and some other thing, some process that is less a destination and more a journey, but laden with golden moments, perhaps a new octave....subtle but certainly present, trying to reach its critical mass so it can find entry into the world.

So as we build bridges to these places, it would not surprise me that others would seek to build them as well, but as a means to keep us from making it to the next location.

Sorry, just felt like I had to get that off my chest. Its been bugging me.

psyrinity
Advanced Member

Post Number: 248
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 6:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

You don't sound nutty at all, IMO.

There is definitely something monumental going on, and folks are beginning to see behind the veil of illusion.
The curtains are falling and we are seeing this stage for what it really is.

fascinating dream, Thomas.

buddie

Post Number: 4834
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 5:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just a snippet from a multi dream night..
I was moving again..man I have a lot of
those dream.. anyway my sister myself
and a girlfriend were sleeping in a
strange house and I was awake most of
the night..my sister tells me to go to
sleep and I tell her I can't because I
was listening to mom getting the
wood fire going in the kitchen..
we both were aware that mom had
passed on..but every sound was there
just like when I was a kid before dad
switched to oil..I also feel warm and
fuzzy inside this morning :-)

Qua da di

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 2386
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 6:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I had a dream that I have many nights it seems, and one I can't quite explain fully.

I was back at one of my dozens of houses I've lived in over the years, again... (in this town I lived in called "Cross Lanes")...I dream of this house a LOT and there was nothing particularly special about it, I lived in it the usual amount of time I've lived anywhere anywhere, about a year or a year and a half...

Interestingly I always have "high strangeness" in these dreams (this is virtually the only old house I ever dream about out of dozens) that involves UFO's or beings "coming after me"...

When I lived there, you could walk up this steep hill behind the house and come upon a sort of flat open area that branched off into this other area mostly covered by dirt, us kids (i was about 10 or 11 at the time) would always joke that it resembled the "moon" or "mars" due to it being a giant open area of mostly dirt and rocks, with this one pronounced little "mound" when you reached the crest of the plateau, (in those days there was lots of open space with no houses around there, not sure about these days) it was round little "hill" and we would digg at it with shovels and do all sorts of things to it, and it was far enough away from the house that we could feel independant, and close enough that we didnt feel too far away...(interestingly we used to play in the forest which started just above this area, you got to it by walking up this steep hill with lots of deep ruts in it caused by running water....lots of weirdness about the forest too, with a giant "crater" in the middle we used to joke and call it that anyway)

Anyway, I used to be obsessed with nightmare on elm street, and in those days i would make "freddy gloves" by taping butter knives (or as we called them "case" knives) to the fingers of the right hand glove...yeah silly i know, but i was young....one time i had dug a big ditch in the top of our little "hill" and it had rained hard and made a rather deep little mud pit...one of my friends "accidentally" dropped my best freddy glove down in there and we all watched it sink....after a few days we went back, the dirt had dried over it...so i started digging...dug and dug every day i had the chance but never found my glove....SO back to my dream...I always dream I am back there and looking for the glove.

This time (as the last few times) I dream that when i reach the top of the hill behind my old house there is barbed wire stretched so far that one cannot get up onto the flat part without considerable trouble...in some dreams I say "scr*w it" and try to get past it, but its electrified or something...IF i get through (sometimes it takes me "floating/flying" over it if i can) then I notice there is some sort of corporation that has bought the land up there and using it for some sort of shady government projects, like a D.A.R.P.A. type place or something....at any rate usually within minutes "sentries" of some sort are coming to apprehend me for trespassing or something...

THIS TIME i got in and went into this area where there was cubicles set up right around where my little mound used to be, and I walked right to someones desk and grabbed this USB device of some sort off the desk and decided I had better leave a.s.a.p., because up until this point they hadnt noticed i was an "outsider"....but as soon as i tried to leave, they were after me...at this point I realized that they werent "humans" but some sort of aliens disguised as humans, and they were chasing me relentlessly, and at one point thought they had me cornered (apparently the USB device had "proof" of what they were doing, whatever it was and they were VERY eager to get it)...and apparently if anyone saw them undisguised the person seeing them rotted away like disintegrated somehow...

I apparently had some "gift" where seeing them didnt affect me that way, and they also didnt realize i had the "gift" of flying, which is how I got away....anyway by the end of the dream I had gotten away, went to some underground tunnel full of cubicles and offices and gave them my evidence to reveal to the world....i think they still caught and killed me though by the very end.

pshew...that was long, I don't expect anyone read that, but it was a weird dream i thought i had better talk about for some reason.
"If there is a universal mind, must it be sane?"

Charles Fort

buddie

Post Number: 4836
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 6:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I read it..
still have some time to kill
before I catch my bus..cool
dream.. I loved growing up in
the country until I reached 17 :-)

Qua da di

psyrinity
Advanced Member

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Me too...

as I am sitting here eating my breakfast...

Interesting!

fortwynt

Post Number: 2387
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hehe thank ya for at least reading it, i know sometimes it takes me 35 years to say something that someone else can sum up in a few sentences...

Charles Fort

StarMaiden
Username: carla

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 5:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I need some help here. I had an extremely vivid dream last night. I was so graphic it woke me up. It started with my long dead Aunt Re talking to me, she was standing in a door way. I spent some time with her, I always loved her. The next part of the dream is very troubling. I was witnessing someone being torched. I could see them being dunked in water until they almost drowned and then pulled up. The screamed were awful. I can't understand where this came from, or what it is about. I NEVER watch horror movies or the like. 'sigh' Can you remote dream? Was I witnessing a real event? yikes!

psyrinity
Advanced Member

Post Number: 257
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi StarMaiden,

Here's what I see in your dream.

your long dead aunt standing in a doorway - an aspect of yourself (much loved, and missed?)from the past communicating with you from a place of "entrance" (to where?)

It's possible to "remote dream", as you put it. We can travel far in the dreamworld.
So maybe the last part was a viewing of something happening in another dimension or time.

But the way I see it is,
again, an aspect of yourself (one you are not real familiar with) being brought to the brink of death but not allowed to actually die (go through the door?)
Sometimes things need to die,(aspects of our self included) or be transformed.

Take what resonates...

In Love and Light.

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 587
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 3:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow, fortwynt, that's one helluva dream! It "rang a bell" with me!
"In the end, only kindness matters."

kate
Username: ktmac

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 8:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Fortwynt, I have very similar dreams to yours
- the house I always go back to is the first house I lived in when I moved out of home (I would have been 17ish) and there is always all sort of weird stuff happening - most commonly it is 'haunted' by this force that can freeze you in place with utter fear.

Also like you, the dreams seem to be progressing... I've learned to control my fear of this 'force' mostly because I have realised that it is not as malevolent as it appears.

The progression theme is interesting in general - I used to dream of drowning a lot, but now am quite happy breathing underwater or in other goopy liquid stuffs. Also, I used to dream of falling, and now I can fly.

Has anybody else noticed any of these sorts of progressions? and what do they mean to you?

psyrinity
Advanced Member

Post Number: 281
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yep,
I have quite a bit of progression in my dreams. It's because of the inner work (progression) I am doing, and its always my higher self telling me something.

For instance:
I will have to give background on this one first..
I have had many dreams in which my mother appeared and she was always constraining and confining me in some way, and this I saw as a "smothering" aspect of my own self that was prohibiting my growth.

Well,
The latest dream I had with her in it she was seated in a chair, I was laying on a couch speaking with an old friends mother, and my mother was doing nothing to inhibit me in any way. I (my true self) am now in control, uninhibited by the past.

kate

Post Number: 73
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 8:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's exactly what I mean Psyrinity... I also find that if I do something to hinder my growth, or stray from my path in any way, it shows in my dreams...

My dreams start to regress and I will be unable to move, or drowning, falling etc - like my subconscious is saying 'Hey! You! That won't work'

psyrinity
Advanced Member

Post Number: 287
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 9:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Exactly, kate!

We have an often overlooked communication in our dream life that is extremely beneficial if we but use it.
Just ask what it means, and the universe will respond.

kate

Post Number: 79
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've been having a series of quite strange, very vivid dreams... in them all, an enormous disaster happens (lots of planes crashing into a big city, nuclear attack, killer disease sweeps nation...) after which I am one of only a few survivors. We travel around, looking for food and things we can use to survive, and always there are bodies everywhere, in varying states of decomposition - I can actually smell them

After we've found food and shelter etc, our band of survivors always splits into two opposing groups, fighting over how we should run our new society - and more people die

on waking I am always left with a profound sense of unease, that somehow we are destined to continue making the same mistakes...

sorry about the graphic nature, it seems to be important

fortwynt

Post Number: 2492
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

psy hits the nail on the head kate.

our dreams and our waking life are connected in such a way that is very powerful.

for instance:...when I walk around, I tend to look down quite a bit, rather than looking at people in the face....thusly, in my dreams there is sort of a "spotlight" of clarity as i walk, on the ground lets say, and then if i try to look up or in any other direction there is a sort of "fog" that if i try to hard will cause me to come out of the dream and wake up, so me who WANTS to stay in the dream and do cool things longer, tries to avoid it by gradually increasing my vision rather than abruptly.....

similarly in "REAL" life i have been trying to look people in the eye more specifically when i talk to them, and to keep my head up when i walk around...so you see the two are interchangeable...

in my opinion MOST dreaming relates to real life in such ways as this, like dreams are the REAL way we see things (or at least "absorb" things) and our eyes are merely like recording devices for our minds....during waking we have many layers of perception laying on top of our REAL base feelings about things, that in dreams is stripped away to a point.

many times I dream that I strike a person with my fists (or bullets) and there is literally no effect and they dont even notice...similarly i dont feel i am taken very seriously in "real" life.

granted there are several different kinds of dreams and this only represents a part of the picture...i do think that there are some dreams that are "sent to us" by outside powers, and also some that are our inner selves trying to give us a very specific message...also there are just "junk" dreams in my opinion (not totally junk) where its mostly just random memory feedback, and then there are these types of dreams which reveal to us how we REALLY feel but that we make ourselves FORGET we feel to where it is represented to us in symbols to get us back to ourselves (symbols being the best way to teach)....

just rambling...

and yes, progression happens frequently in my dreams...took me literally YEARS to learn how to fly....i would love to discuss these things with you and your personal progressions in dreams...they are definitely interesting!

Charles Fort

psyrinity
Advanced Member

Post Number: 305
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi kate,

It's change, change, change, sometimes very uncomfortable but You survive. Just watch out for the divisions within.
I don't mean physically, here, but spiritually.

There is no destiny such as that...making the same mistakes, not if you choose to make it differently!

Sometimes strong emotion can be a telltale sign that something is due for an adjustment.

kate

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Psy, that makes sense... on reflection I think that all the conflict is within myself, and all the death is change... the continuing conflict is my own concern that I will keep making decisions that hold me in the same place, if you know what I mean

Fort - I agree about most dreams relating to real life... I don't think any of my dreams have been prophetic or messages from outside of myself...

re learning to fly, with me, it was as soon as I lost the fear of falling (I'm sure you know the drill, you're flying and suddenly realise that you shouldn't be doing that, physics won't allow it, oh crap, here comes the ground!) or as Douglas Adams would put it "Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and missing"

With underwater dreams, I used to drown a lot, and see people I loved eaten by sharks (and other niceties), there was always, again, a fear associated with it. Now I feel really safe, and funnily enough I tend to see people (and animals) that have died, and it is always a comfort.

Someone once told me if I wanted to play a more active role in my dreams I should practice looking at my hands (while dreaming) - I've never been able to do it, so I don't know if it works...

I agree with Psyrinity wholeheartedly on this one... dreams progress as we learn

fortwynt

Post Number: 2499
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 1:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What was strange to me was the issue with 2 things...one, running from "monsters" or other badguys of some sort....after a while I learned that I could actually just stand up to them and they wouldnt seem as frightening anymore, and would many times back off completely, or if i had to fight i did it with much more confidence..

two, going through walls....in my attempts to run away from either a monster/person/impending event, I used to sort of think "i can fly through the wall, this is all a dream", but i would still bounce off of them somehow....until i realized that if i just cleared my mind of all thought momentarily, i could float right through.

Charles Fort

kate

Post Number: 81
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 1:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yep - I know what you mean about the 'bad guys'... I have similar progressions - I think (at least in my case, I can't speak for you) it is me making the monsters worse than they are to start with - once I see them for what they really are they're not so scary - I see this as an increasing self-assurance, or growing belief in myself.

I've also never had much luck with saying 'this is just a dream' and I think that ties in with what you were speaking about earlier, about dreams being about what we really feel but make ourselves forget - by saying 'this is just a dream' you are trying to run from those feelings again, instead of learning to deal with them...

hope this makes sense!

fortwynt

Post Number: 2502
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 2:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

absolutely kate, because on the one hand while I think it is a good thing to be able to realize when one is dreaming, so as to control the dream better, you are right that another aspect could very well be that in REAL life I have a tendancy to say the same and thus not directly deal with my very real problems.

I can just say "it is illusion" or "someone is seeing it incorrectly" or "i am being misunderstood" rather than learning to FIX anything...hard to fix an illusion afterall...

this doesnt mean that I still dont think that most of our perceptions (in the real or dream world) are illusions, i certainly do, but one has to have a balance in saying to ones-self that as illusory as our world is in reality, it is real enough to us that it should be confronted and dealt with directly, as opposed to saying "oh well what will be will be"...that can be very dangerous....but learning WHEN to let go and WHEN to confront/change is the key IMO.

Charles Fort

kate

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 7:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yes, yes, and yes, - I agree with all you are saying (well, in that post anyway)

the danger in saying 'what will be will be' is that once again, we hand over our lives to some 'other' - we don't have to blame ourselves for any of our wrongdoings or just plain mistakes because it is all just 'destiny'

that said, we also need to learn to 'let life be' sometimes that is all we need to do...

how does that quote go? "Grant me the grace to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

the older I get, the more true cliches become...

waaaaay too off topic!

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 8076
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 8:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

boy, weird one last night. and i didn't even have pizza! lol

i saw this huge, huge ship. it was grey and seemed to be made of concrete.

it had holes (portholes?) or 'gills'. the ship seemed to be alive, a living entity. i could hear it breathe.

someone, who i couldn't see, was bombing the sides of the ship with something that clogged the portholes/gills. i say gills because it seemed they moved when the ship 'breathed'.

as each hole was clogged, the ship would groan or sigh, and gradually as whatever they were shooting at it clogged the holes, the ship moaned and died.

kate

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 9:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

bizarre - do you think the ship could be the earth?

Was there any sense of loss when the ship died? or was it something you were seeing but not involved in?

thanks for getting us back on track, BTW

susi t learn

Post Number: 8079
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kate

i felt it was a ship, but when i told my son, he said a shark has gills on the side. and being grey that's what he thought...so that made me then think it may have been a pollution dream. instead of bullets or bombs, the stuff hitting the 'ship' was some kind of glop. killing the sharks? shark, maybe, because my son said they're the hardiest and if stuff's killing them, then it must be pretty bad.

so, i wasn't involved. just an observer. and oddly, no emotion when the 'ship' died. but in alot of my 'observation' dreams, i'm stoic.

susi t learn

Post Number: 8223
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 9:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

question:

do you feel your dreams-the types of dreams or frequency, have anything to do with 'where' you sleep and in what direction?

i had to switch bedrooms for the summer (no air in my room) and i noticed almost immediately my dreams took on a stranger text. i have had weird dreams but these are different-i can't really describe it except to say they are a different quality that before.

also, i had once been told to sleep with my head pointing in a certain direction, i believe it was north. i've forgotten. does anyone know about the directions?

kate

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't know about the directions at all, but I do know where I sleep has a huge impact on how I dream.

There are 2 places I sleep in my house -

1: in the bedroom (how bizarre!) my dreams here seem quite benign and I can easily interpret them - mostly just the brain going through its daily info dump...

2: on the floor in the lounge (hubby sometimes snores REALLY badly, and if I've had a couple of bad nights with the babies, I sleep in the lounge because it is further away from them, and I don't hear them as easily) in the lounge I have very vivid, intense dreams, that normally follow a progression over the night - I will wake from a dream, and then fall asleep back into the same dream... I sleep much better in the lounge, despite the dreams (or maybe because of them)

Whenever I move house, there is always a period of time where I don't remember any dreams.

susi t learn

Post Number: 8226
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 9:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kate

thanks for responding. yeah, it's weird. the times i've fallen asleep on the couch the dreams are soooo vivid.

also, i think if we sleep next to someone sometimes our dreams can affect the other. weird example-i spent the night with my sister once and i dreamed she was delivering cookies to me. in the morning she said she dreamed she delivered cookies to me. i think we just shared the same dream.

kate

Post Number: 99
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

how cool is that! a high school friend and I used to share dreams - mostly nonsense stuff, but once we both dreamed that a good friend was in a car accident (he was, about a week later, luckily unhurt)

when I dream of her now, I know its been too long since I last called...

susi t learn

Post Number: 8227
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

have you ever seen the movie 'dreamscape' with a young dennis quaid?

buddie

Post Number: 4991
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

UMMMMmm Dennis Quaid like Sam Elliot
only geets better with age :-).. Ahem

Part of my dream that I remember from
last night had me looking at what it
was like to be Dead..I can't say if I
already was dead..but I was Ssooooooo
disappointed.. there was nothingness ..
it FELT completely EMPTY..
I was questioning someone and protesting..
must have been an anxiety dream ..
I think I need a break :-)

Qua da di

kate

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No, never seen 'dreamscape' - I guess it must be quite old to have a 'young' Dennis Quaid in it

(that sounds much worse than its meant)

buddie, maybe your dream is about not setting yourself up for disappointments (I mean in life, not death...)

buddie

Post Number: 4997
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 5:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kate you could VEry easily be right..
I've never really been a risk taker
but I find myself turning a corner
Sheesh :-)

Qua da di

Damon
Intermediate Member
Username: damon

Post Number: 133
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hello all, been away for awhile, have a dream to share.

The dream begins with me sitting on a park bench, it’s a nice sunny day. The bench is green and the ground beneath my feet is sandy. There is a man sitting next to me with fair skin and a full beard. His hair is wavy and shoulder length. He is talking to me but his lips aren’t moving. He hands me a note with something written on it but I’m unable to read it. I tell him I don’t understand and he looks at me and smiles. He speaks to me again and this time I understand him. He tells me that someone thanks me for everything I’ve done for him, he told me the name but I didn’t understand. He smiled at me again and bent over and drew a symbol in the sand. It looked like the mathematical symbol for Pi, but with only one vertical line instead of two. He looks at me again and says now do you understand? I shake my head and walk away into the park in front of me.

I look up into a tree in front of me and notice in the sky beyond, that there are two suns in the sky. The first is roughly the size of ours, a little bigger, but not as bright. The second was about a quarter the size of the first. There was a moon visible in the sky as well, half the size of the first sun. I decided to get a better look and floated up above the trees. There where buildings in the distance, I needed more height, another burst and I’m now high in the sky with a clear view. As I study the stars in front of me I suddenly find myself out in space, a black void. Stars begin to come into view in front of me, at first a few, then hundreds. My attention is drawn to one star as it brightens in intensity. The star field turns into a three dimensional map. A circle is drawn around the bright star and a group of symbols appears next to it, I think it was CRE2, but can’t say for sure (text is always the hardest thing to remember). The area around the star expands and I see a solar system. A planet expands and a circle is drawn around it, it also has a group of symbols next to it, can’t remember those at all. The planet expands and engulfs my entire view. The view changes and what I see now I can’t describe, it’s an explosion of color, like looking through a kaleidoscope. Geometric symbols start to form in front of me and as they come to the forefront they are also circled. Paragraphs of symbols appear next to each one, it’s going way to fast for me now and I can’t keep up. The speed of the images increases and then brightens into a white light, a pure white void, and then black and I wake up.
”There comes a time in our lives when the firm ground we stand on vanishes from beneath our feet. At that moment we must either fall, or we must learn to fly.”

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 134
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another short one to share from last night. I did not get to finish because my wife awoke me to stories of big spiders.

As I remember, I was floating once again out in space looking down at a planet, it looked like ours. I was fairly close as it took up the majority of my field of vision. I’m just floating there for some time in awe of the site before me when I see something coming up from the surface. It’s kind of blurry and I can’t make it out. As they get closer I see that they are spheres, hundreds of them. Looking at them I am reminded of migrating birds. They are passing in front of me now and are a light greenish/gray in color and semi transparent. As they pass by the stars behind them are distorted. It is truly a beautiful site, they seem alive, and I can feel their energy. At this point I think to myself “what are they?” A voice answers “spheres of life, they are leaving” I become disturbed by this and thrust my hand forward towards them in an attempt to stop them and they do, frozen in time right before me. I float up to one that is out away from the main group. I’m looking inside of it now and sense movement but it is hard see. A voice says to me “it is pure energy and at it’s center, a single molecule.” As the words are spoken I see it, it’s like I’m zooming in with a microscope. I feel compelled to touch it, the urge becomes too strong and I reach out and grab it. I feel an energy, a warmth in my hand. The voice says to me “it is a part of you now and ……………………….

This is where I’m awaken to stories of big spiders, what timing!

”There comes a time in our lives when the firm ground we stand on vanishes from beneath our feet. At that moment we must either fall, or we must learn to fly.”

kate
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow, you have detailed dreams...

what do they mean to you?

susi t learn

Post Number: 8423
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i had a short dream, all about trying to get to san francisco. i was in an airport trying to get a ticket but the lady behind the counter kept saying 'it hasn't come in yet, soon'. i had to spend the night and hope it came in the morning.

have no idea-don't have any connection to san fran nor do i wish to visit there or have thought about it.

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 775
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a short dream about susi last night. We were just hanging out and talking.

susi t learn

Post Number: 8424
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yippy skippy!

do you know what we were talking about?

miaree9

Post Number: 777
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dear susi, as I recall, you were explaining reiki to me, and I was explaining how my empathic skills work. It was one of those short but meaningful dreams.

And then again, there was another short dream I also had where my tiny male chihuahua, Gizmo, was dressed in a little blue gingham dress and bonnet, and someone in the dream was commenting that Gizmo's fashion sense was the same as his political sense. That dream made no sense.

susi t learn

Post Number: 8429
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

how cute! i'm hoping gizmo's a girl?? lol

actually i would like to know more about being an empath. perhaps we could discuss this elsewhere.

miaree9

Post Number: 781
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 9:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nope, susi, poor little Gizmo is a boy, and he did not look happy in my dream.

I think there was a thread about empaths last spring sometime, but I don't think I posted to it. I don't really tend to talk about it much--big surprise there, huh. Actually, I think we all have the ability to be empaths. Some of us just develop it more.

susi t learn

Post Number: 8443
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

let me just quickly ask if this is right-i've always thought being 'sympathetic' was feeling understanding of the person but being empathetic was actually feeling 'their emotion'.

if that's so i'm not capable of doing it often. but when i do it's like i really DO feel what they feel. i can't even describe it correctly.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 135
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 9:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kate - I do have very vivid dreams, not all the time, probably only about a third or quarter of them.
As far as what they mean to me, I don't know what to think of them. That's why I post them here hoping to gain another’s insight.

I posted some of my dreams on a forum run by a psychologist and he couldn't do much with them either. He said it was unusual for a man to have such vivid dreams and detailed recall. According to him, vivid dreams are supposedly more common in females due to their more empathetic nature. I guess he was right in that sense, I do consider myself an empath. People's emotions are like the spoken word to me, some more so than others. He also claimed that he never dreamt because he fully understood cause and effect. Implying, that he understood why everything happened in his life, therefore his mind did not need to sort anything out at night. In his opinion, dreams are nothing more than a subconscious need acted out by our minds while we sleep. I fly often in my dreams and to him this is driven by a need to escape from something in my everyday life. My conscious mind feels trapped, the subconscious mind flies, cause and effect. Good argument, but I’m happy in my personal/professional lives and hardly feel “trapped.”

Next I asked him to explain how/why people see/feel things in their dreams that they have never experienced in the conscious world. I provided him two different dreams. The first, I was in a black void and could see nothing but a fiery phoenix. The second, I was a dolphin proposing in and out of the water. In this dream a dove down deep enough to feel the water change temperature, a thermocline. I felt the pressure of the water increase around my body ( the dolphin’s), whenever I swam faster. Obviously I’ve never done that in my life, so how does the subconscious mind know what the conscious mind does not? He did his best to explain portions of the dream but would not comment on most of it. I gave him a half dozen other examples from my journal and he had very limited comments, basically accused me of making them up.

That’s why I’m back here now where people have open minds. I know there is much more to my dreams than random synaptic firings of brain cells or subconscious desires. Not to say that I don’t experience that type of dream too, we all do. It’s that smaller percentage of dreams that are extremely vivid. I don’t know how to explain it to people that have never experienced them, you know “something is going on.”

susi t learn

Post Number: 8444
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon

dreams can mean many things. your dolphin dream was interesting. i once dreamt i was wolf. as my senses were as wolf, not susi.

i have alot of animal dreams. they are my messengers.

i also believe no one else can interpret your dreams (for the most part) except yourself as we all may have different archtypical types and symbols only meaningful to us.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 136
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi - did you read the entire dream in an older post?

So what does a Phoenix represent?

susi t learn

Post Number: 8446
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon

is there another post besides where you say you're in a black void and see the phoenix?

usually symbolism for the phoenix is a burning/cleansing/dying away of an old way and birthing into a new one. are you or are you thinking about making a major change?

if you have a more detailed dream of that, i'll try to find it.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 137
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi - The Dolphin

I had another exhilarating dream recently where I was a dolphin. Once again I was dreaming about something else when suddenly I'm a dolphin swimming in a pod. The sense of speed that I got while swimming and porpoising out of the water was such a rush, I could have done it all night long. I was swimming with two others when suddenly the other two disappeared and I found myself in a shallow area near a coast among some type of seaweed. There were two men in a boat looking for me, I believe hunting me. I came to the surface of water and rolled over on one side to get a good look at them when one of the men shouted, there he is! I immediately dove under, went straight to the bottom and swam right under their boat out into deeper water. I was swimming for a bit when I came to a deep drop off, I actually felt the water get colder. I could see a shear cliff wall that seemed to go down endlessly, I could not see the bottom. Then a sudden sense of fear came over me and I new I should not be here, I thought to myself, they are here. I was frozen with fear and could not move. I was just floating there waiting for something to come when I saw it. It started out as a dark shadow in the distance, moving with purpose. As it got closer I could see that it was a great white shark. I stayed motionless as it swam right up to me, very slowly, almost as if it was wary of me too. Then it swam right up to me face to face. I remember looking into it's big black emotionless eyes, they seemed to just draw me in. As it got closer and closer, I was telling myself, you have to wake up, wake up now! After what seemed like minutes I was able to force myself to wake up. That dream stayed with me too and the headache I got forcing myself awake.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 139
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi - The Phoenix

The first dream began abruptly in the middle of another dream. I was suddenly floating in this black void, I could see nothing and was wondering to myself where I was. I turned and turned trying to find something when I see a distant point of light. I begin flying towards the light and realize I am over a body of water. I can see the light reflecting off of the ripples in the water and can smell the dampness in the air. I can see I’m nearing a shoreline and that the light is a large bon fire. The area is sandy with large megalithic rocks in a large circle. There are three men sitting around the fire talking but I can’t make out what they are saying. I float in behind one of the men to hear what they are saying when he suddenly raises his hand and stops the conversation. He then turns and looks right at me and says he is here. I was shocked and then felt this incredible rush of speed and awoke from the dream.

The second started out very similar to the last. Once again in this black void, wondering what now? I again see a point of light but this time it is moving towards me. It started out like a flickering candle flame but grew larger and larger. As it grew closer I could make out a shape, it was a phoenix! I was in awe of its beauty, the colors where so vivid, movement so graceful. It spread its wings and landed on an invisible perch in front of me. It sat there and stared at me for what seemed like minutes. I then asked it what it wanted and it said “it is time”. I replied “time for what” and it replied “time to find a new son”. It then turned and flew away as it had come. I remember feeling like I had just lost a loved one. This bothered me for weeks and I still wonder if this was really the end of something or just a dream.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 140
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi - No at the time of the Phoenix dream I was not considering making a big change.

susi t learn

Post Number: 8447
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon

i had an immediate impression-will come back and post-kid needs me.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 141
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, I'm going to bed, my book needs me, The Navigator by Clive Cussler.

I will be back tomorrow night. Thanks for the help.

susi t learn

Post Number: 8450
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 12:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon

first of all, i LOVE clive cussler!

ok, dolphin-the power of breath and sound; symbol of new dimensions and forces; proper breath can be used to induce altered states; dolphin shows you how to enter the waters of life and then with breath and sound call forth from the waters what you most need or desire; breathe new life into yourself.

water-subconscious; you're under water, perhaps seeking that which is now hidden. shark-facing fears.

black void-void could also be subconscious. black is a color but perhaps cloaking what information you need.

phoenix-rebirth/dying of old ways.

in both dreams, others seem to be expecting you. teachers? your higher self? passing on to son-knowledge that needs to be kept?

overall myt impression is you are oon the verge of a new way-a change in your life. maybe you're not looking, but it's found you. lol

time to delve into your subconscious/higher self for the information you need.

i don't know how you get information. i'm a dreamer. i get stuff in my dreams and if they're not clear, i ask for clarity in my next dream. maybe you meditate. ask.

these are my impressions-you need to filter them through your perceptions.

SunMoon
Username: yinyang

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 8:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last nights dream: I'm in a large, white corridor that looks like an airplane terminal of some sort. There is a group of pilots headed in my direction, all talking to each other. Another pilot is standing not too far away from me and he is waiting to speak with his friends when they reach the spot where he is standing. As they approach, he greets them and starts asking them some questions. But, they walk right by him and do not acknowledge his presence. He looks bewildered by their rudeness. I feel sorry for him and have an urge to run after those guys and tell them that I saw how rude they were to their friend. When I noticed there is something unusual about the pilot who is bewildered - he has an opaque look to him and I realize that he is a ghost.

I then continue walking through the corridor wondering how many other people walking past or milling around are alive and who are ghosts? I see another opaque looking person walking towards me and reach my hand out and it glides right through them with only a slight tingly feel as if they are just an energy field. I am both amazed and a little frightened of this phenomenon of feeling like I am temporarily standing between two worlds.

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 521
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 5:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SunMoon wrote:

I am both amazed and a little frightened of this phenomenon of feeling like I am temporarily standing between two worlds.

You can have one foot in the physical world and one foot in the spiritual world. You can be in both worlds at the same time....which is what happened to you.

Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

SunMoon
Username: yinyang

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 8:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks animalspirits,

What struck me as so odd, I guess, is that the ghosts were so opaque that you could see their stomachs. None of the others seemed to have a stomach, or one that you could see.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 142
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi - Clive is great isn't he?

I agree with your thoughts, I believe someone is trying to contact/teach me and I'm not getting it. I don't do anything beyond writing down my dreams to try and understand them. Some are just to wild, I wouldn't know where to begin. They are like short sci-fi flicks. I mean just look at the two I posted about space. What does that mean?? What am I supposed to do with that?

I have been contemplating meditation for a while now and think it is time. Any resources that you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.