Archive through June 06, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through June 06, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 11559
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

More Spring flower photos for my Frozen Friends:

Twisty Tree blooms by Lake Merritt

Twisty Trees that I'm told are Tea Trees

Close-up of white blossoms on a little street tree

Tree itself Does anyone know what it is?

Orange flowering vine (and I should know what this is, but donít...)

Calla Lily

Forgotten Freesia popped up after a neighbor dug up his front yard to redo it

Mys-tree blooms--very fragrant

Pink ornamental fruit tree by the Lake

Maze & Deco building by the Lake (no flowers, but a cool Earthen maze)

Now that itís officially Spring, itís bound to warm up soon where you are
"The puppet thinks: It's not so much what they make me do, as their hands inside me..." Charles de Lint

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very nice,. The weather is starting to warm up here, and i detect the swelling of buds on lilac and flowering cherry.

How about a big old fashioned ice cream sundae, sal, with strawberries and lots of whipped cream. yumm.....

Got the drywall up in the kitchen, and just found out that more houses may be coming down in my neighborhood. if this keeps up, I'll be the only house left on two streets!

I can't wait for spring. This warm weather makes me want to party outdoors...
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 677
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 4:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Howdy, all. Still busy with new grandkid - Steve. Haven't had time yet to post photos, but will get them done ASAP.

Dirk, hang in there. You're basically a good guy, so don't beat yourself up.

Thanks for the photos, Patricia. I love flowers and greenery, and now that we've had a little rain, we're beginning to *green up*. Most of Florida has been under fire alert due to lack of rain, and Miami-Dade County is now on mandatory water conservation. Oh, well, hurricane season is now only 3 months away. Fire or rain? Rain or fire? Ain't life grand?!!?

Happy Spring to all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ No good deed goes unpunished. ~~

kathy decker

Post Number: 510
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi all. Hi Sal, just a cuppa joe tonight, thanks.

This has been a tiring day. we picked out the paint for the kitchen, a pretty spring green, called key lime.
We have to stop work on the kitchen now, until we replace the fencing torn down by the town.
Our kitties enjoy the back yard, and the weather is getting warmer, but I don't let them roam.
so we bought some vinyl fencing for where you can see it, and some stockade to cover with the vines.

So much work to do, sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed. I wish we could just afford to hire someone to come in and finish everything for us.

MMMm, coffee is great, as usual, sal, thank you.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

TheLabRat
Username: thelabrat

Post Number: 994
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 1:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stopping by to look at your pics, Patricia, and ask Sal for a cup of tomato soup with Goldfish crackers, with some sliced avacado on the side.

Patricia, I don't know what the tree is you asked about, but they are all over the place here. They are used really often in commercial landscapes.

As for the vine.....out here, we just call it Trumpet Vine. It can also have yellow flowers.

It is one of my favorite plants, and my new back yard has a bunch of it along one side of the fence and one corner of the house. I think it would climb GLASS, it is so tenatious.

Kathy, I really sympathise with how overwhelmed you are feeling. I am encountering the same issues in my new home.

My back yard had been completely neglected by the previous owners, and it is waist-high with weeds. I did finally realize that I had to call someone to come get rid of the weeds. As much as I can't afford it, and HATE the idea of using chemicals, I don't have any choice. I cannot do it myself. I have someone coming to spray later on this week.....just as soon as it STOPS RAINING!

'NIGHT, ALL!
"In the end, only kindness matters."

kathy decker

Post Number: 519
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just stopping by for a watermelon sherbet float. mmmmm......

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11634
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 12:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Saw you through the window as I made my way home, kathy, and decided I'd pop in too What I'm really really craving is something with major carbs--the stuff that my high blood sugar precludes--so I think I'll have one of Sal's biggest banana splits with mountains of whipped cream and hot fudge. On a pan of brownies!

I really have no idea what diabetics who don't have a Sal's to go to for virtual carbs DO?!
"The puppet thinks: It's not so much what they make me do, as their hands inside me..." Charles de Lint

kathy decker

Post Number: 521
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 6:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

They are 'bad" once in a while and take their insulin! At least that is what my boss used to do.

I have been on a very low fat diet, so I think now that i am here at sal's i will indulge in the special-Egggplant parm with lots of cheese and garlic bread and salad with that special house dressing.

Gosh, i miss eating!

Easter s coming up, and I equate that with chocolate for some reason. I stood in the store the other day reading all the candy bar labels-I can get by with a peppermint patty, but that is about it.

Maybe a few jellybeans....

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 4145
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy I love pepermint patty's
and jelly beans..
But chocolate with every day
living WHOA the blood sugar rush
then CRASH that I go through.. same
for anything with sugar..
I know it's not healthy to Boost and
then Crash like I do when I have sweets..

So Sal HOT FUDGE SUNDAE and lots of
napkin's ..

Sal wishes Moonhowler would send a pic of
her hand made baby cloths ..for her wall..

Have a Happy Easter everyone and to
someone I miss .. John if your around
buddie :-)
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

kathy decker

Post Number: 523
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, i miss John too. happy Easter to everyone.

moonhowler

Post Number: 679
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 6:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, everybody. Easter greetings to all, and Passover greetings, too. Yup, Easter equates with chocolate OK. Always have to have at least one chocolate bunny, a nice creamy chocolate-coated "egg", and of course some marshmallow "Peeps". Of course the goodies have to wait till after sunrise service.

Buddie, I didn't get to make any baby clothes. My son and his wife are non-smokers and complain about there being smoke odor on stuff I make. I don't smoke that much, and promised not to smoke while making stuff for the new baby, but my husband is a heavy smoker and the house DOES small of smoke. And anyway, I always wash and soften my crochet stuff before giving them away. I will post photos of the stuff I've made in previous years when I can find which album I put them in. One year I made so many the "all-purpose" room looked like a clothing store. But before I can post the photos, I have to figure out how to get the photos from my computer to upload to this site. I don't think I have a URL - whatever that is.

Also, I want to post some of the baby pics. God, he is one beautiful kid. I know that every first time Grandma thinks their grandkid is beautiful.

Well, off to do some drudgery - after I get to sleep. It's 6:07 am and I've not yet been to bed. Insomnia & pain make life a b*tch sometimes. Happy Easter to all.

P.S. I get to buy new grandkid first Easter toy. I want a velvet doggie for him.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moonhowler - you could register at imageshack.
They give you a url that you can use to share your photos online.

http://profile.imageshack.us/registration/

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11651
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moon, I'm so glad to hear from you! (I somehow missed the post you made the last week of March--I've been stressed and even less *present* and conscious than usual...a truly frightening thought!) Sorry you're hurting, but at least you're still doing creative things with the time and mobility that you have I love giving welcome gifts to brand new humans too. And stuffed animals can be imbued with all sorts of protective, love-generated good wishes for the tyke

Happy Spring Fertility Festival Of Your Choice to everyone!

In honor of mine, I'll have 3 eggs over easy on whole wheat toast, with pomegranate juice, Sal. And more coffee--my tailfeathers are draggin' today

TheLabRat

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patricia, you missed my last post, as well.

(There is no icon for "sticks out bottom lip"!)

moonhowler

Post Number: 680
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 3:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Mark. I tried it once, but it didn't work, but I'll try again. Think my computer had a bug the first time I tried (like it was last year).

Think I'll have a gigantic chocolate mousse pudding, Sal. That would take care of the chocolate craving until Sunday.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey moonhowler,

Try this link instead

http://my.imageshack.us/registration/

NOTE: Your email provider MAY accidentally place your ImageShack Registration Email into your Junk Mail Folder. Please check that folder if you do not receive your Registration Email within 15 minutes of registration.

moonhowler

Post Number: 681
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 2:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Mark. I'll try that site.

kathy decker

Post Number: 531
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 12:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal.

You say it's been a little quiet around here lately?

Sorry I haven't stopped in, but I have been in a strange mood this past week, my tummy hurts, and now more talk of killing and misery on the news.

You are right as usual, Sal, a soothing hot cup of tea is just the ticket.

Seems as though a few of the regular posters to the message board are disagreeing about, of all things, mind control. Difficult subject, and although I always enjoy a healthy debate, I don't see why we can't post our experiences and feelings about them whenever and wherever we want around here.

What's that, Sal? Yeah, I guess you are right.

Fact is, I don't know what happened to me back then. I came here for answers, and every bit of information i can get is welcome. I never know where the next piece of the puzzle will be found.

I feel sad, though, like I've lost a lot of friends. I am not even involved in this but I hate the veiled animosity. It feels like I've lost my safe place, and I really don't want to post much any more.

MMMM, toast. and honey.Thank God for the bees that are still around, If all the domesticated ones die off, do you think the wild ones will take over the pollination and stuff? I bet they will. Nature finds a way...

Oh, sure, Sal, we got quite a bit of snow. I don't mind, though, here in upstate NY it is not that unusual in the spring, and I would rather shovel than face the flooding they are getting downstate.

Funny, people who never call me were calling "to see if i was all right" now that they see their hometowns possibly facing the devastation we were hit with last year. Brings it home to them, I guess.

Yeah, Sal, I do miss my dad terribly. I just wish I could hear his voice.
I saw him in a dream one night and he was crying because my mom was sad. That was hard to take. I told my mom about it and she got mad at me because I dreamed of him and she didn't. She didn't know why he came to me and not her.
No use explaining that the dead don't come to me, I go to them.

Aaah, sh*t. Why has everything become so darn difficult, Sal?
People are always ready to take offense, even if none was directed toward them. Seems like the mad are getting madder, and the sad are suicidal.

The joyful ones like myself are mired in sadness, and have to find a way back to their true spirits before they continue on the downward spiral...

You make a great barkeep, Sal, even if I am only drinking tea.

Thanks for lending an ear, maybe I'll see you around...

TheLabRat

Post Number: 1065
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 1:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy, I am feeling too.......upset to try to play the "cafe" game at the moment, but I have to try to tell you that you have made me take a look in the mirror.

It seems as though I can really feel the pain you are in, maybe because you are expressing the very same things I am preoccupied with today....including THE BEES.

I have found myself creeping into the arguments, even though I try my hardest to stay out of them.

If you could see me face to face now, you would see how deeply your post has affected me. I cannot convey in words just how deeply, except to tell you that I can't stop crying long enough to see to type.

I came here to UC for pretty much the same reasons, to try to find....answers...or at least pieces of the puzzle.

Usually, it is my pattern to just back off from posting when this animosity starts.

But I have gotten caught up more than usual this time. I think there are several reasons for that, but it doesn't really matter.

But you are correct, it does hurt. I also feel like I have lost a safe place......or, as safe as I could probably ever find.

But if I really think about it, it's really NEVER been safe to discuss MC, here, or anywhere. But that is a risk I have taken in order to post here anyway.

I feel like anything I say to you will just sound like a bunch of words, and I am not sure you wanted a response from me, but I am so shaken by your post, I had to respond.

This stuff about the shootings is making everything feel worse for me, too. Sometimes, I really wonder how we can survive what is happening to us (in this world).

And your comments about missing your Dad hit me really deeply as well. I still miss my mother, who died almost 7 years ago. I can't believe it. It seems like it was just a few months ago. I still dream about her, but not often. And I feel incredibly blessed when I do; she has come to me in dreams "in the nick of time" more than once, and saved me from major trouble.

I feel really impotent to respond to you in any way that you might really feel.

But you have made me decide to re-think some things. I was fighting the urge to "defend myself" on another thread in Area 52, and I was looking for something else on the board to take my mind off that urge.

And here you were.

I am sending you love, and hugs, and thanks for being a "wake-up call" for me tonight.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11738
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[comes in and hugs kathy and LabRat and sits down beside them] Sal, I'll have some hot milky coffee to get me awake and into the studio to paint in a bit. Oh--and a *brownie*

And a round of *calming* chamomile tea for the whole board

kathy decker

Post Number: 532
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MMm, the chamomile tea is good. Thanks, Patricia.

I really didn't expect any response to my post, just feeling really blue and unhappy about the whole situation. I am glad you responded, though, and I am glad now that I posted. I nearly didn't.
I read a bunch of threads last night, wanted to post, but backed off. This was my last safe thread.
And Sal was so accommodating.

I painted a bit yesterday, in oils, white tulips in a white milk pitcher. it needs a lot more time put into it, but it will look nice in my new kitchen (once we get it finished).

Usually painting elevates my spirits, but nothing seems to be working right now.

I truly miss the joyful camaraderie of this board, and the lively debates. Maybe it is just getting old to me now, not so fresh, and perhaps I have gotten so mired in my own viewpoint that I cannot appreciate others.

Whatever it is, I am sure it will pass, but I know I can always stop in here for a bit and enjoy good conversation along with the fine cuisine.

moonhowler

Post Number: 690
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 3:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello, ladies. May I join you? I, too, need to be around some folks who are understanding and calming. In the real world, I seem to be very much out of place right now. Were it not for the new grandchild, I swear I'd just give up and waste away.

Just like you, I came to UC to find some answers. I've yet to post the materials that brought me here, the things I want answers to, or at least an insight into. Don't know very much about MC, didn't even think it applied to me. Maybe it doesn't, but I did learn some things that gave me pause to stop and think.

My questions had to do with UFOs. They hardly seem important any more. Oh, well... Maybe someday the *timing* will be right.

And then there were the questions re the paranormal. Things have occurred in my life which probably fit in that venue. Are the two subjects related? Might MC also fit in there somewhere and what seems to me to be paranormal is really something else?

Guess I'll just have a glass of Ovaltine in milk. Take a visit back to childhood. Just don't leave me alone, please. Right now I need some people, nice people, close to me. Feeling so alone in the world..........

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11748
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 3:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[comes in also feeling blue and gives moonhowler a humongous hug...which makes me feel better too]

Sal, I'll have one of those Ovaltines, too. And sprinkle some of the powder over a big dish of ice cream, too--we used to think that was just the greatest treat! *LOL*

And, moon, my Short Answer to your question above is that it's ALL intertwingled, which is what makes it so difficult, frustrating and threatening to unravel.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 2267
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Comes in and orders some orange juice. Lawd have mercy Sal, I almost didn't come in cause I don't know where to go or what to do here anymore. Seems like anything ya say or do is wrong or rubs folks the wrong way. You are automatically guilty by association. If Ya go up on the board you're wrong, if ya go down you're wrong. Why do ya have to take sides. Why be forced to leave a place that you came to to find help because of the politics and fussing. What the hell happened here anyway to turn this great place into a war zone?

(Message edited by mama_shine on April 18, 2007)
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11750
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama, ANY site where abductees of any sort gather is full of people with unacknowledged PTSD that makes them reflexively lash out at others. Everyone involved gets even more traumatized each time it happens, too, which is so very very sad and so completely unnecessary. Friendships end and everyone is less than they were when the sniping began

But there's still Sal's and her wonderful virtual food to heal us all. And if you want to not take sides, then quietly be on the side of free speech and against segregation--those have historically proven themselves to be "everyone wins" choices

Sal, I need a tall coffee with lots of milk to get me into the studio to paint. The Painter is sad and threatening to "block" again and we need to paint like crazy right now. I need some liquid incentive to light a fire under her!

kathy decker

Post Number: 535
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I would have some Ovaltine, but I never much liked it as a child. Every once in a while my mom would give me half a cup of coffee with lots of cream and sugar.
I drink it black, now, but today I'll have it like I did as a child, light and sweet. And a few of those brown edge buttr cookies, too. Thanks.

A wave of sadness seems to have engulfed some of us who are very sensitive.

Last night I dreamed I stood in the empty basement of my empty house, realising I had lost everything and everyone I ever loved. They may still be there, but the relationships have changed due to the way the world is changing around me.

I laid on the cold, damp basement floor, face down, then lifted my head and screamed "I am Bereft".

Bereft.

That describes it totally. All is lost, the old familiar things and ways are gone, and the future is so uncertain. Life is truly a crapshoot.

I know that this is the bottom of the wheel of fortune, and another turn will open up new possibilities, new relationships, new ways of thinking and doing things. I know that there is still much to be done,,but for now, I will take the phone off the hook, bury my head in the pillows and reflect on what once was, and how good it was.

Hugs to all of you, at least Sal's is still here, and warmth and frienship is given and taken freely.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11752
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank the gods for Sal's! I feel bereft too, kathy. Can't actually remember the last time I was this depressed, it was so long ago. The other flame wars didn't affect me the way that this one has. They somehow didn't target the mind control survivors as personally....I guess back then we stayed on the Witness thread and they were forced to come there to get to us....Leave the ghetto and look what happens. Ugh.

Well, it's time for some real bread pudding--the kind made in an enameled pan and swimming in raisin sauce. Hot and eggy and steaming. My grandma used to walk down to our house for supper each evening and she'd carry a pan of it down at least once a week, with damp cheesecloth over it.

And, Sal, how about a pot of strong tea to go with it--English-style with hot milk....just for a change.

C'mon kathy--we can spill the tea into our saucers to cool and then sip it from them--my grandmother used to do that and then tell me not to tell anyone because it wasn't lady-like And we can dip our brown-edged sugar cookies into it too...you too, Mama Shine and moonhowler. And we won't tell on each other....And we'll slip pudding and cookies to the cats and dogs. You know, life IS still worth living, as long as we have friends left, both 4-legged AND 2-legged, preferably

TheLabRat

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, Sal, I think I will have one of everything, please!

I know that, for me, it's not just all the conflict on the board.

Nor is it just (just??) the fact that I am now realizing the extent of my PTSD, and became aware that I have alters (or at least, fragments??)

Nor is it the other stuff going on in my daily life stressing me out.

I think that my depression has also worsened more than I can remember in quite a while, but it's not just all the above. It's also because of how screwed up everything is in the world.

I am to the point that I want to bury my head in the sand and refuse to pay attention to the "news" out there.

And yet, I can't do that, either! I feel as though I (we all) have to stay on top of what is happening to our world; we can't afford to go back to sleep.

So, like I said, Sal:

I need one of everything, and I can't wait to sip my coffee AND my tea from the saucer, like MY grandmother used to do as well!

Hugs, everybody.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11755
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LabRat, I strongly suspect that the university shootings have the whole country feeling down right now. And that, on top of whatever cr*p each of us is trying to deal with, has resulted in a sort of emotional overload. This evening I finally began to feel numb and you know what? It was a relief

Pull up a counter stool and dig into your bread pudding before it gets cold. Glad you had a saucer-sippin' granny too

TheLabRat

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 1:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MMMMMMM, good pudding!

I agree about the shootings thing. Plus, the pet food thing, which keeps getting bigger.

Yeah, numb. I have sorta been that way today, as well. Feels like (dare I say it?) dissociation.

This virtual food is so great! Which brings up something I have been wondering what you (all) think about this:

I wonder why it is that sometimes, when the stress is over the top, I find myself wanting to stuff my face! But other times, even with the same types of stress, I lose my appetite completely???

Hmmmmm. Maybe fluctuations in appetite are just part of depression? It is not a new thing for me.

Anyway, yeah, that's one hell of a pudding!

moonhowler

Post Number: 692
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 3:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Great idea about the bread pudding, Patricia. It's been a long, long time since I've had any. This tastes great.

I don't think I posted it to my moonhowler dog is sick site, but it turns out that it was the pet food that got him. Makes me even sadder to know that's how he actually went out. I've lost many pets to old age, and been sad, but never lost one to poisoning of the very food we fed him.

I'm a big chicken to go to the MC site and read what's there. I'm too confused as it is. I'm just so very, very glad that all you folks are here and I know that I'm not alone after all.

Thanks for being here. You all help me keep what bit of sanity I have left - and it ain't that much!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11758
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 2:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, moon---I'm so sorry about your pup! Today I decided that I MUST notify Shadow's vet--I've been putting it off, but she needs to know. I was horrified to find 20 cans of contaminated food in the pantry after the belated "extended recall" news reached me

LabRat, normally when I stress, I eat everything in sight But with Shadow's death and the flame war here, I couldn't eat, which is a FIRST! *LOL* It may have to do with the nasty blood-sugar drug I have to take, too--it's known to cause weightloss due to less sugar circulating in the blood stream. I've now dropped between 4 and 5 lbs. that I didn't need OR want to lose. My jeans fall off without a belt and I look like death warmed over! Ick!

So, Sal, how about a mega banana split sunday dripping with hot fudge and studded with cherries--big enough to feed the whole counter stool crowd And malted milk shakes for the whole diner!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11765
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, guess I was right about the "lame plot" I referred to last night this time--did y'all notice how quiet it is over in Area 52? The in-group has decamped. If you didn't get an email notice, I think it may be too late to join them at their new pond. Darn! I didn't get one...?! Must have been all those mind control articles I've discussed over the years....

Silly me! Oh well....Sal's still here--at least for now--so I'd like a glass of chilled Chardonnay and a plate of munchy crunchies. Time to sit back and watch the show, what's left of it.

TheLabRat

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 1:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"The in-group has decamped."

***sigh***

Email notice? LOL!!! Like I expected one!

Well, I guess all I can say is.....I wish them well in their new pond.

And I suppose I am glad they left the key under the stone frog, for people who didn't feel like they had to leave.

But you know what they say: When a void is created, something comes along to fill it!

Sal, I will have....a Tecate'! YES! And some of those munchy crunchies!

(What ARE munchy crunchies?)

Dudden matter, gimme some! Please!

kathy decker

Post Number: 540
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hi, Sal.

sadness is deeper today.something dark is covering the light.

Irish whiskey, straight up.

thanks.

(Walks over to the juke)

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools", said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed
In the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls"
And whispered in the sounds of silence

(bows head and weeps0

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2293
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Walks in and put my arms around Kathy. Don't know what to say. A force swept over us kinda like Katrina..now we have to re-build..I guess...I'm still in shock...

No Sal..don't want anything, my stomach is queezy. But tomorrow is another day and the sun will shine.

buddie

Post Number: 4211
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sals has the softest
stuffy corners in the World..

Qua da di

buddie

Post Number: 4218
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 2:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oooo lots to be done at the cafe..
Kathy lets get some spring
flowers out on the deck..

Sal my favorite a Rootbeer Float :-)

this ones for John

Always
We're loving you always
with a love thats true..always
When the things you've planned
need a helping hand
We will understand..always..always

Days may not be fair..always
thats when we're there..always
^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^

Not for just an hour
Not for just a day
Not for just a year..but always

L.Cohen

Qua da di

firestarter
Intermediate Member
Username: firestarter

Post Number: 141
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...been working up the nerve to come in and sit, have a drink with you nice people.
(been lurking)
:-)

Does Sal make magic concoctions?
If so, I'd like one.
Some sort of "tea" he has stashed way back on the shelf in a jar.
I would'nt even mind if it went "POOF!" before he handed it to me!
LOL!
"Who knows?" "We'll see."

buddie

Post Number: 4226
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

psssst..firestarter Sals a gal
but she loves new folks droppen
in ... at all hours too :-)

Qua da di

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2306
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 7:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Buddie, Firestarter,

LOL, I thought Sal was male too when I first started coming in here. Fire, my daughter is really into herbs and makes a very calming tea from lemon balm, she insists on using fresh leaves and she adds magic to the mix..won't even tell me. Yes, Sals used to be a great place to come, especially when your down and blue. We have stuffies in here and blankets. Hope this place gets back to normal.

Sal, Could I order a T-bone steak and baked potato with lots of butter. I don't usually order this type meal but I'm hungry.

firestarter
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 142
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 7:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH! "SHE"....so sorry Sal.....

Placing herbs I picked today on the counter for the taking, "help yourself".
Parsley and oregano.

kathy decker

Post Number: 543
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've got some fresh spearmint and beebalm.

Buddie, lets put a great big hibiscus out on the porch-it will attract hummingbirds for us to watch through the window.

When Bill and I got married, I asked my dad to sing at the wedding. I told him to pick the song-It was Always. Such an old fashioned romantic song-will always remind me of the two men I have truly loved in my life, Dad and Bill.

Thanks. I am sure John will appreciate it, too, if he still lurks.

mm, I will have the pasta primavera, sal, and a fresh salad of spring greens. Yumm.

buddie

Post Number: 4237
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Your most welcome Kathy..
I remember your stories about
your Dad and that picture you
posted.. would you post the picture
again..the one where he's singing on
stage it's the black and white one
when he was younger ..

I hope John lurks it's the only way
Sals can get back to normal..

That hibiscus work has left me thirsty..
lets see Sal large Ice Tea please..
the humming birds should be here
anytime so I'll have that outside ..

Time for the ole juke to wake up...
Something by Otis Soul Redding..
Sal said 'These Arms of mine' will be
for the slow dance later tonight.. Ahem?

Sad song
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa

I keep singing them sad sad songs,yall
Sad songs is all I know
I keep singing them sad,sad songs yall
Sad songs is all I know

It has a sweet melody tonight
Anybody can sing it any old time
It touches your heart
Puts you in the groove
And when you sing this song
It'll make your whole body move

It goes
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa
Your turn
My turn
Your turn now

All my life I've been singin' sad songs
Tryin' to get my message to you honey
But thats the only song yall
I can sing
And when you get through singin'
My message will be to you

It goes
Your turn now

It's a lovely song yall
Sweet music honey
It's just a line,oh but
It tells a story,baby
You got to get the message
A stone message honey
A lovely line baby
I'm worried in mind ,watch me

Your turn
Everybodies turn, everybody
One more time
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa :-)

Qua da di

kathy decker

Post Number: 552
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

heres a link, buddie-I posted the pic again in my public gallery

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/billnkatdecker

I wish John would stop by....

firestarter
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 150
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh I love Otis Redding.......
I walked down the isle to Jimmi Hendrix...LOL!
Was really pretty though.......
"Well, she's walking through the clouds......"

Hey! A friend of mine brought me an herb called chocolate mint. How precious!

Sal? That herbal tea you fixed the other night was really nice, can I have the same?
Thanks.
Naw, keep the rest, for retirement.

("Sip")

BIG DEEP Decompression sighhhhhhh....

moonhowler

Post Number: 701
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 3:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, even though it's supposed to be Spring, I think we need to get out the stuffies and cuddle with them. That's always a good way to relax and escape from the world for a while.

Thanks for the big hug you gave me a while back, Patricia. I really needed to be hugged.

When all the green comes back, perhaps our spirits will improve and bloom again with the onset of flowers. And fruit on the trees. And fresh, clean water in the stream.

Great big hugs to everybody here. Have your favorite goodie on me, my treat, Sal.

kathy decker

Post Number: 559
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi everybody! I have been depressed for a while, but I am taking vitamins and trying to pull myself back up.
Sal, I will have some homemade macaroni and cheese, thanks, and a big hot cup of your fabulous coffee.

I have to play some music....maybe a little something by Train....

I need a sign to let me know you're here
All of these lines are being crossed over the atmosphere
I need to know that things are gonna look up
'Cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled from a cup

When there is no place safe and no safe place to put my head
When you feel the world shake from the words that are said

And I'm calling all angels
I'm calling all you angels

I won't give up if you dont give up

I need a sign to let me know you're here
'Cause my TV set just keeps it all from being clear
I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me

When children have to play inside so they don't disappear
And private eyes solve marriage lies cause we don't talk for years
And futbol teams are kissing Queens
and losing sight of having dreams
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours

Calling all you angels

(Message edited by kat on April 27, 2007)

buddie

Post Number: 4307
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 7:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ Hi kathy..

I think we need a Maple Tune..
I know you gots a hank'rn for
Gordon Music :-)

On Susans..Sals..Floor

Like crippled ships that made it
Through a storm and finally reached
a quiet shore
The homeless found a home on Sal's floor

Didn't feel so cold and tired
Stretched out before the fire
Roll'en smokes and drinken up her wine
And I remember candle light
And signing 'til we could not sing no more
Then fallen warm asleep on Sal's floor

Well now that my song is sweeter
I think I'd like to greet her
And thank her for the favors that
she gave
A stranger I came
My head bowed in the rain to her door
I sat and sung my songs on Sal's floor

In the morning I'd go on
Buying kingdoms with my songs
Knowen' I'd be back in just a while
Warm in the sunlight of her smile

Well lots of time and songs have passed
I catch myself just looking back
Reliving all the wonder of those nights
Thats where I'd be today
If I had only stayed one more night
And sang another song on Sals floor

Like crippled ships that made it
Through a storm and finally reached
a quiet shore
The Homeless Found A Home On Sal's Floor

lyrics and music by G.Lightfoot

Qua da di

kathy decker

Post Number: 593
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love that! I love Gordon Lightfoot, too.

I will have a big slice of chocolate cake with a glass of milk to wash it down.

Sal's is a special place-I hope it doesn't shut down. Been kinda quiet around here lately.

It's beautiful outside today, spring flowers and cherry tree in full bloom.I'm feeling optimistic again, life goes on and things get better.
I miss Pat, though.

moonhowler

Post Number: 711
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 3:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I guess everybody is just busy with all the stuff that goes along with Spring and the onslaught of summer. I'm so far behind with my e-mail I'm probably on most of my friends and family's poop list.

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." That's why I've not been here. Should be at my e-mail right now, but wanted to stop in here and see what's going on.

Mark, I tried both sites you gave me for image shack, and can't get either to work on my computer. I have Xe (or whatever you call it) plus McAfee security suite. Maybe there's something there blocking it. Oh, well, I'll keep looking to find a way.

Think I'll have a large chicken salad sandwich and a large glass of iced tea, Sal. And wait for some for folks to drop in and let us know what's happening with them.

Happy living, all. (Boy, I surely do miss my moonhowling buddy.)

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 3:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hugs to moonhowler, missing her buddy.

And hugs to buddie, too.....LOVE Gordon Lightfoot!

Hugs to Kathy.....hope you are feeling better about your dad.

Hugs to anybody who needs one.

Now, Sal, I think I will have a Margarita on the rocks, and some killer nachos!

Then, I'll have to have some of that chocolate cake and milk, as well.

WHAT a combination!

But I feel the need for comfort food and drink.

Oh, heck.....just give me one of everything! Hang the cost....and the heartburn!

kathy decker

Post Number: 597
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Guess what I actually had for supper tonight?

Nachos and chocolate cake with a glass of milk!

That's right, I threw all caution to the wind and actually ate the real food, not the lovely virtual food we get here with no calories!

What cracks me up is that is what you ate here, SW, and I did not read this before I ate!

An unusual choice for me, too. Think we were on the same wavelength?

kathy decker

Post Number: 598
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And, by the way, I got the heartburn!

kathy decker

Post Number: 599
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

By the way, I am feeling better about dad-my sister saw him recently. She said he appeared as a faint image connected by pinpoints of light.

(Message edited by kat on May 07, 2007)

Second Wind

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 4:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, Kathy, that is too coincidental for words!!!! But, it still sounds good to me! I think, tomorrow, I will call in an order for some killer nachos from On The Border, and then go by my local health food market & restaurant, and get some of their organic (?) chocoloate cake!

I have a full bottle of Tums, so, no worries! Thankfully, it works for me. I tend to get heartburn, no matter WHAT I eat, so I might as well have the nachos and the chocolate!!!

And, I think I'll stop and get one of those little 4-packs of the pre-mixed Cuervo Margaritas, to go with!

I am so glad you are feeling better, Kathy. And that is so cool that your sister saw your Dad.

I'm sure he is looking in on you, as well!

Sal, I'll take just a cup of camo tea, thank you. Need to try to relax and get to sleep!

buddie

Post Number: 4317
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 5:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning ladies.. Ooo kathy thats wonderful
news about your Dad.. mine was around me
for quite a long time when he passed..many
visits and episodes where he was watching
out for my safety.. he dosen't come to me
in visits any longer and I understand..but
he is still around just as yours is around
you
Sal make it a toasted western please with
a side order of peanut butter cookies Ummm

Qua da di

Second Wind

Post Number: 28
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 6:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, what's a toasted western?

buddie

Post Number: 4318
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 6:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW .. it's similar to scrambled
eggs with red and green peppers and
onion mixed through it..on toasted bread :-)

Your either up early or have not been
to bed yet ?? .. as for me I'm out the
door enjoy your day SW

Qua da di

kathy decker

Post Number: 601
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Such a beautiful day! I spent most of it outdoors playing with my kitties in the garden1 Here are some pics of the garden and kitties:

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/billnkatdecker

Second Wind

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 1:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mmmmmmm! Buddie, that Toasted Western sounds yummy, as well!

And yes, I had not yet been to bed. I have terrible problems sleeping between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m., in other words, I am a TOTAL night owl.

Oh, Kathy, I am so in awe of your beautiful garden!!! Mine is so in the beginning stages, that, even though it is already looking nice, it will take me years to really develop it. Of course, I guess that's what gardening is all about, huh? It's always a "work-in-progress"!

I need some more hard-scape......but that will really have to come a little at a time, both due to finances, and to my lack of physical strength and stamina.

And your kitties are beautiful! I would love to be able to take my kitties out in the back yard, but I am concerned about fleas and ticks, since the previous owners kept dogs out there, and never maintained the yard. Plus, I am afraid of insecticides.....so....the kitties have to be content with looking longingly out of the screen door!!

It's been really thunderstorming for the last couple of days. Was really gloomy and chilly today.

So, Sal, I'll take a cup of hot cocoa, please!

moonhowler

Post Number: 714
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 4:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Your garden is beautiful, Kathy. Thanks for sharing.

SW I know what you mean about maintaining a garden. As the saying goes, "My get-up-and-go got up and went!".

Almost all of Florida is under a drought and fire alert. Lots and lots of brush fires and South Florida is getting most of the smoke because of the way the wind is blowing. We in SFl are already under severe water restrictions, so any hope of getting something in the ground now is all but gone. We did have some rain on Sunday night, but not enough. Lake Okeechobee is our reserve when our ground water is low, and the lake is now 5 feet lower than normal. One can walk way, way out and still be on dry (parched) land where there should be at least 5 feet of water. Oh, groan. And there's a stupid "storm system", "extra tropical" off the coast of Georgia/So.Carolina/Florida that is worrying me. It seems to be trying to conform to a hurricane pattern. The hurricane season isn't supposed to begin until June 1. If I didn't love it so much down here, I'd hate it!

Sal, I'll have a bacon and cheese omelet with some strong decaf coffee with milk and sugar. Need to eat light right now, even if there are not calories at Sal's.

Hugs and songs and music for everyone.

Second Wind

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 5:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moonhowler, I have noticed (didn't I??) that you and I have some very similar health issues. Don't you have CFIDS/FMS? That is the diagnosis I "lived with" for over 20 years, prior to the "probably MS" diagnosis in 2003.

But I find that, even though I pay for it in a big way, the effort that I do exert in my garden, is worth it in so many ways. So, even if I can barely shower and feed myself, or can barely move, and have greatly increased pain, after working in the yard....at least I can enjoy looking at the fruits of my effort.

The same goes for things like cleaning house. I go into overdrive on the "good days", but then, when I crash and burn from the effort the following day, at least I have a clean house to be miserable in! It's doubly depressing to be sick, and surrounded by chaos and dust bunnies!

The gardening, with all the bending and sitting on the ground and squatting, PLUS this rainy weather, has really got my sciatic nerve screamin'!

I am so sorry about the drought conditions for you! And I have been watching closely that weather system off the coast, as well, although not with as much trepidation as you, I'm sure!

Time for the cup-o-camo, Sal! Thank you!

moonhowler

Post Number: 715
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 4:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yep, Second Wind, CFS/CFIDS/FM be the bugger that got me oh so many years ago (1979). I was misdiagnosed as having Chronic Viral Labyrinthitis, so kept on trucking, but in 1988 IT finally won and I collapsed. It was after collapsing in the check-out line at the grocery store, ending up in the hospital, etc. that I finally got the proper diagnosis - if you can call CFS/CFIDS/FM a "proper" diagnosis. I thought everyone was as tired as I, so I didn't complain too much.

But, along came the Year of the Hospital, 2003, for me and that has pretty much finished me off. I kept as active as I possibly could until then - and actually do now, too, only now my energy level is so low it's all I can do to walk from the bedroom to the bathroom some days.

I ran the Miami/Coral Gables CFIDS Support group for 11 years and am still active at the computer. I keep on keeping-on. I know where you are (healthwise) and commend you for keeping up with the gardening. Someday (I keep telling myself) I'll be back out there myself. Gotta get out of the frigging' wheelchair first, though. I've fallen down so often through the years, and especially after The Year, my entire lower back vertebrae are all dislocated and herniated. I only recently found this out.

Don't feel sorry for me, please, folks. I'm doing the best I can, so please applaud my tiny steps forward and pretend you don't see the rest of the mess I am.

As the song says: "I get by with a little help from my friends."

Hope YOU feel better and keep on doing that gardening. Send your own photos. I can enjoy what gives others pleasure.

Hugs to all, and please pass the cheesecake!

Second Wind

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 3:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MMMMM!!! Cheesecake!!! I'll have some of that, thank you!

God, I am so sorry you are in a wheelchair, Moon....I was really afraid that I would end up in one after my "Year of the Hospital", which was also in 2003, May and June.

It was for sudden-onset vertigo, with horrendous vomiting. They told me, after doing a CT scan of my brain in the ER, that they thought I had had a stroke. And that is what they kept telling me for the next 3 days in the hospital.....until the day before they released me, when they "changed their minds" and put out the "probable MS" "verdict".

It took me nearly 2 months before I could drive again, and during that first few weeks after coming home from hospital, I was really terrified that I would also end up in a chair.

Anyway.....I don't feel sorry for you, but I DO FEEL FOR YOU!!!

Edited....because I forgot to say.....that the "falling down" thing has been a huge problem for me, as well. Knock on wood....it has been over a year since I last fell. I also have done major damage to my vertebrae, and to my tailbone. Those were the worst falls...the ones onto my tailbone!!

I was forever tripping on the steps into my mobile home when I lived there. But now, I don't have to climb steps anymore, since I moved into my new house. Of course, I also tend to just trip over my own feet, and also tend to fall just when turning around, due to the balance problems.....

Now, back to that cheesecake! And Sal, I think I'll have an Irish Coffee to go with it!

(Message edited by Second_Wind on May 11, 2007)

buddie

Post Number: 4424
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 6:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm sposed to be taking a break
** BUMP **

Qua da di

kathy decker

Post Number: 630
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 7:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, buddie, I don't want to lose Sal's.
The weather has been so beautiful lately I have been spending a lot of time outdoors, maybe we should have a barbeque here at Sal's?
I'll bring the potato salad!

Second Wind
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 187
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was thinking about it today, as well! Glad you bumped, buddie!

Ummmmm, potato salad!! Yum!

It's really dusty in here! I'm glad that Sal put all the stuffies in plastic bags, so they will not make us sneeze when we hug 'em!

I'll have my usual chammomile, and the Velveteen Rabbit!

YES, I said "rabbit"!!!!!!

(But he's my favorite rabbit!)

Hope you all are doing well, and will enjoy gazing at the Blue Moon tomorrow! (Even if Astronomy tells us that the generally-accepted notion of what constitutes a Blue Moon, is wrong!)

kathy decker

Post Number: 649
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal, how is it going? I have been busy this week, had an ultrasound on my abdomen and today I worked on my painting of white tulips.
I will have a cup of coffee and a pice of lemon cream pie. Oh, no lemon tonight? OK the key lime will be perfect.
Seems to be cooling off a bit here, need to wear my hoodie, and sneakers instead of flip flops. I love my flip flops though, they are lime green and have arch support.
(wanders over to the juke) I think I'll play Crazy-I love that

I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place.
Even your emotions had an echo
In so much space

And when you're out there
Without care,
Yeah, I was out of touch
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
I just knew too much

Does that make me crazy
Does that make me crazy
Does that make me crazy
Possibly
Probably
And I hope that you are having the time of your life
But think twice, that's my only advice

Come on now, who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you think you are,
Ha ha ha bless your soul
You really think you're in control

Well, I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
Just like me

My heroes had the heart to Lose their lives out on a limb
And all I remember is thinking, I want to be like them
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little it looked like fun
And it's no coincidence I've come
And I can die when I'm done

Maybe I'm crazy
Maybe you're crazy

(does a little crazy dance)

Boy, its lonely here with just you and me, Sal. What's that/ You thinking about closing up shop/ That would be a shame.

I wonder what our friend buddie would think about that? I really like buddie. I liked John, too, and a lot of other people that don't come by anymore....

Second Wind
Advanced Member

Post Number: 254
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2707
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 2:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moonhowler

Post Number: 735
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 4:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, if we want to keep Sal's open, we'd better go out and drum up some business. We need to lighten up a bit and make ourselves known.

You artsy folk need to post some of your art work again so we can tell folks on other threads to go take a look at what whooze-whatzit posted over at Sal's. (I haven't as yet figured out how to get photos of my grandson and my own "handiwork" posted. Need a URL and all that jazz, and the site Mark recommended doesn't seem to want to let me in. No doubt I'm doing something wrong - but what????)

Pat used to post some really good art work, and so did a lot of other folks. I can't help it if I'm not that talented. ( I'll prove it to you if ever I can find a way to get a URL !!)

Down here in Miami, it's just plain hot. We did get some very much needed rain (we're in a drought), but between the few rainy days it's up in the 90s already. Oy, what will August be like?

Let's put on happy faces: :-) and party up. I'll have a giant chocolate milkshake, Sal, if you please.

buddie

Post Number: 4449
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 5:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SNIFF SNIFF
I'M REAL SORRY SAL ..
YES I'VE BEEN AT THE POND

Hia Moon..

Ohh Sal .. kathy
lets get everyone together
for a root'en toot'en party.. we can
hang the disco ball .. remember LAB
used to do that :-( but I can do it !!
susi and I will wear our coowboy boots
so all you with flip flops best watch
their toes on the dance floor..
We can put a sign at the Pond
announcing it !! sheila is good at that :-)

(Message edited by buddie on June 06, 2007)

Qua da di

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2713
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, here I am Sal and I have some news (said I'd shut up about it)..can't help myself. My daughter is pregnant ..gonna be a grandma...lawd have mercy.

Hope ya got a cheese sandwich and tomato soup..I'm a-hankerin fer that.

kathy decker

Post Number: 654
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hooray mama-gramamashine! i am gonna have a strawberry sundae!
Yep new babies and parties-greaat fun and joy here at Sal's.