Archive through June 15, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through June 15, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 1734
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 7:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

excellent description of the truth of the matter psy...just excellent.
“A person who doesn’t have the ability to get angry isn’t worth much; but the person who can’t control his anger is worth even less”

Edgar Cayce

psyrinity
Intermediate Member
Username: psyrinity

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just learnin' to listen and going with the flow!!
Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness. James Thurber

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 6571
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

just remembered a dreami had last night.

i was driving and far off to my left was a town and i felt a disturbance there. i knew someone who lived there so i drove there.

when i arrived i found my friend packing up her family because aliens were coming to take everyone away.

i helped her grab some things and we hauled butt out of there just in the nick of time. most people were going to go with 'them' but my friend and i knew we were not supposed to go.

i had a dream like this years ago-diferent scenario but same theme.

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 8155
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good for you, Susi. You and Joel are great reminders to me to remain RIGHT HERE, come what may.

susi t learn

Post Number: 6588
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i always listen to my dreams.

susi t learn

Post Number: 6604
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

another weird little afternoon dream. just took a half hour nap.

i dreamed i was in this large patio and my mom was lying down nearby. i suddenly remembered i could levitate when i was little so i leaned back further and further and held my arms a certain way and relaxed. the more i relaxed the easier it was. i called to mom to watch. she was amused. then i didn't have to try at all. i leaned back like i would be floating in a pool. it was so cool.

graciesmom
Intermediate Member
Username: jmb

Post Number: 158
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I keep dreaming about visiting my late mother and my still-alive Dad in Phoenix but their house looks different. Layered on top of this is another dream where I am living with a bunch of biker types that I'm trying to get away from. HUH? The last part of the dream last night was lucid where I felt my eyes roll up into my "third eye," and was able to open and stone wall and look out onto a huge green lawn.

inxa
Advanced Member
Username: inxa

Post Number: 286
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am also realizing how much help I have from my higher self too! The dreams lately are very in my face. Mother, myself, fluid motion, relaxing. I need it bad.
As I sit here writing there are people in my life, as you have too, that are not awake. Forgive me if I sound like chiken little.
Im so happy I have these dreams but when we have no control over situations its hard. Go with the flow, I know. Just neede to be with you all in the fact that we are awake and listening. I wont get into any specific dream. I dont have to. You people are going through the same things as me. I love you.

susi t learn

Post Number: 6613
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i dreamed of giving a man in a bright orange jacket some money.

????

inxa
Advanced Member

Post Number: 289
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What Susi? Thats weird huh? Do you always dream in color? Not me. Once in awhile though. What could the bright orange mean? Losing money, not good, finding needed money, wishful, but GIVING money! I gotta look that up on a dream site!

susi t learn

Post Number: 6620
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 2:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i always dream in color. maybe because i'm an artist?

man, somebody should be giving ME money!

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 4378
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I had too much 'butter tart
ice-cream' and well the blue cups were
melting and overflowed on the table..
I for some reason couldn't wipe it all up..
sheesh..A silly dream :-)
I have asked my friends if they dream
in colour most said 'No'
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

inxa
Advanced Member

Post Number: 292
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Once my dream was color, and it was beautiful! I was standing under a buttercup color Sun, in a green blue ocean. I knew it was a PLACE, not a dream. I soaked in the love energy I felt.
Do others walk or fly down grey streets? Like Gotham City??

Yeah Susi, you deserve some money! Dang! You give and give, I know.

buddie

Post Number: 4379
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

inxa..thats weird 'Grey' when ever my
dreams are 'grey..with shades of grey
and white' they never feel like dreams..
it's always a desolate place with rock and
dust or I'm trying to show someone a ufo
that for some reason they can't see..
But I do fly in color .. also breath
underwater in color.. I love those ...

Qua da di

susi t learn

Post Number: 6627
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i've had 'grey' or black and white ones too. but most of them are in color. i even had one that gave me an idea for a painting. (that i never got around to finishing) lol

one colorful dream was i think a past life dream. i was a southern belle. ha! i had reddish blonde curls, a bright blue antibellum dress. oh the colors were vivid.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 1065
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

.....I am sure you were sweet as pie in your bustle and your fan as you went from room to room
trying not to get "the vapors."

I dream in color....in fact, I can't recall dreaming in B&W except for a few times. Maybe because I deal with color so much in work I can't imagine NOT dreaming in color?

One thing I don't think I do regularly is smell or taste in dreams. I think I have eaten stuff in dreams, but I don't ever recall the taste being strong. Every now and again I seem able to summon smells, especially if its perfume or some other obnoxious smell. Subtler things escape me otherwise in the smell/taste dept.

Buddie sounds like your cups are running over....
(blue cups)....spiritual color. But maybe too much of a good thing?

Time for dreamland.....
Guarantees? Never. Possibilities? Always.

inxa
Advanced Member

Post Number: 296
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, me and one of my kids has that dream of showing the UFO. You touched a cord Buddie! As I did you.
Maybe my bipolar only lets me have ALL or NOTHING.
I know its a lie and my quest is to see it through.

inxa
Advanced Member

Post Number: 298
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dreamscience.org tells of color. Im glad I happened on this. Usually I just throw out dreams, this time color. Thanks all.

fortwynt

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 1:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i remember reading a science book when i was in grade school that claimed everyone dreamed in black and white they just thought they were dreaming in color....now, a little older and more experienced with dreams than probably any of the people who wrote that science book, i know that is a total lie.
“A person who doesn’t have the ability to get angry isn’t worth much; but the person who can’t control his anger is worth even less”

Edgar Cayce

buddie

Post Number: 4382
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 7:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

inxa,it's the interactions I sometimes
share with other members that makes
this place special..I'm glad you posted
and we shared ..

Hale,blue is spiritual..well that changes
a lot .. I did have a heart and soul
overdrive session just before this dream..
Ya.. very relevant!!
I don't have many taste dreams..but that
is my latest favorite flavour ice-cream :-)

Qua da di

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2991
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 9:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't think I've ever had a B&W dream. Hmmm.

Dirk
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 2630
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have them quite often. Color is not common for me. I guess I'm not as developed as I appear...
Only Love is Forever

inxa
Advanced Member

Post Number: 301
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Been dreaming of family members, getting a new job, or seeking comfort. These things happen. Why cant I dream of the correct answers for my health problems?
I believe now that SOME things are not meant to be so the STORY can finish itself. I know I am cryptic, but really I need to be. Im sure someone will be helped by this. No need to answer.
I must say thank God for our dreams.

inxa
Advanced Member

Post Number: 302
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 8:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Been dreaming of family members, getting a new job, or seeking comfort. These things happen. Why cant I dream of the correct answers for my health problems?
I believe now that SOME things are not meant to be so the STORY can finish itself. I know I am cryptic, but really I need to be. Im sure someone will be helped by this. No need to answer.
I must say thank God for our dreams.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2994
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a strange dream last night. Before the dream I was in a strong lucid state where objects seemed to internally illuminated. Before I say anything else, I will say that I do not believe in any conventional version of heaven or hell. In the dream I was in a small settlement. I, as well as the other people living there, started to see a bright, line of light that separated the town. After a time, we, of the town, were told that all of those who stood on the right side of the bright line were going to heaven, and those who were on the left side of the line were going to hell. When we, who were on the heaven side of the line, heard this, we petitioned the Higher forces to be easier on the left side of the line. All but a few were able to move to the right side of the line.

This was a particularly vivid dream. I "get" so many of the symbols. However, I do not believe in such a "classical" version of judgement, heaven, or hell.

Any thoughts?

Dirk
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 2634
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What other symbols were there?

It sounds like a version of "Left Behind".
Only Love is Forever

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 2558
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 2:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC, Maybe it wasn't really heaven or hell but just a point of view. How you see life...from the left side of your brain or the right side. Just a thought.

Ya'll were talking about dreaming in color and smelling in dreams. Well I was wondering to myself...asking myself to let me know for sure because I always thought I dreamed in color and experienced smell and taste, etc. Well night before last I dreamed all about my favorite smells ( I won't bore you with the dream). Last night I dreamed about shopping for different shades of lipstick and not being able to find the right color...going through all sorts of shades and even considering mixing some together to get the shade I wanted. So I asked myself the question , and my dream self provided me with the answer.....cool.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 661
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I posted this in another thread, but since it refers to a dream of mine, I will repost it here:

And speaking of the Live Chat regarding the Cygnus Meditation....during the chat I said that I have only experienced OBE's during sleep. I also said that I was looking forward to trying the Cygnus Meditation in an attempt to have an OBE during full consciousness. Lately, however, I have been too busy helping to raise my 4 and 5 year old grandsons--as well as keeping my 5 year old granddaughter for a while--to do more than a simple meditation at night before I fall asleep exhausted. Last night, I guess my desire to do the Cygnus Meditation was so strong that when I went to sleep, I dreamed I was doing it. And yes, I went OBE shortly thereafter. I guess I will have to be content with that for now.

Damon
Intermediate Member
Username: damon

Post Number: 126
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dream in color all the time too, can't ever remember having a dream in black and white. I also pick up smells and feel the rush of speed when I'm flying really fast.
”There comes a time in our lives when the firm ground we stand on vanishes from beneath our feet. At that moment we must either fall, or we must learn to fly.”

susi t learn

Post Number: 6715
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 8:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it was bizarro in the old dream world last night. lol

i dreamed someone, me i think, was getting married. this was taking place out in the street. instead of some young woman singing 'it's only just begun', *I* had billy idol singinig 'white wedding'....except billy couldn't make it, so they sent a drag queen. next scene i was in the foothills at a store waiting to buy something shaped like a headband. a tree outside had just burned and it started to rain and the first few drops sizzled when they hit the hot tree.

ok, don't know about the wedding part but we have had some bad fires in the foothills. perhaps if we do, it'll rain and put them out.

n'kisi
Advanced Member
Username: nkisi

Post Number: 375
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think I had a mind *blip* last nite..
I was having a nightmarish dream about water flooding the house and thinking ooh I cant get to the power to turn it off ..am just gonna die here.
Then over the top of this dream there appeared a woman ..this was like distinctly different from the dream set but it was all there. How do I explain that the dream melts back and this incident comes forward.
I recall saying who are you and she says its me ..and says the name of a deceased relative and I'm still thinking hmm no you do not look exactly like her you might pass for her but no you do not look like her ..while thinking this I'm in a shocked state if thats possible ..this like freaked me out
but I wasnt that freaked I'd ceased thinking.
Anyhow I was then awake and the pain in my arm was worse but thats a separate matter.
I thought it was worth posting here because it was
dream-like but also lke I got visited by something or someone.
Could be I'm just not sleeping too well and consequently having chaotic dreams ..hmmm

n'kisi
Advanced Member

Post Number: 378
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 9:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

another weird vivid dream last night.
I looked at the sky and noticed a dark blue aircraft very fancy accompanied by a jet and a helicopter which appeared on the scene moments later.
Next thing someone in the helicopter was firing at the blue aircraft it was going down.. then they are firing at what seemed like passengers having ejected from the blue plane.
This is low altitude and I am seen observing this.
I make a run for it I figure the passengers are dead and whoever the hell the are they dont want witnesses.
Next I am trying to conceal myself in what appears to be an empty apartment only to be seen by a man next door who calls the cops and the scene ends with me asking him ..why?

Then I was fully awake and again my arm was aching. the vivid dreams could be connected with taking panadeine .. hell I dont know but eventually went back to sleep.

Any high profile types have a deep blue painted aircraft??
Just wondered if it was a precog type vision or
just another crazy dream scene flashing thru nkisi's mind.

buddie

Post Number: 4420
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

n'kisi well some of your dream
sounds like a recurring dream I
have..I'm running and try to hide
from a bright light that is air
born and following me..it's one of
the black and white dreams where I
try to show my siblings where the
ufo is.. hummm
you shouldn't have vivid dreams
as a side effect of the pain killer
your on I looked it up ??

Qua da di

n'kisi
Advanced Member

Post Number: 379
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey thanks buddy
I got a good nite's sleep last nite..didnt wake no recall of dreams just out to it :-)

as for the panadeine I wondered if I was allergic to the codeine..also the effect seemed to wear off so I was waking to find my arm was aching i.e painful then going out and swallowing more panadeine then
awake two hours later same pain.. more panadeine.

The dream in which the woman appeared ..that could've been my subconscious trying to wake up or scaring me to wakefulness as I'd taken about three separate lots of panadeine a few hours apart.. wont be doing that again.

Starspirit
Username: starspirit

Post Number: 2459
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oooo I've got a disturbing one to relate. It's been bugging me for about a week or so. I keep getting flashes of it. Not sure where to put it, since it did happen while sleeping, guess here will work.

I was sleeping, and heard sounds coming from downstairs. So to investigate I leave my body hearing that "ZAAAAP" sound as I exit. So I'm in my room knowing I'm out of my body, fully conscious of this. I decide to go check out what is happening downstairs. I walk out into the hall & I see this little figure coming up the stairs. About the size of a child. Alien alert alarm goes off. And I'm like "holy cow, I hav'nt dealt with these things in a looong time" So I'm watching it wondering why the heck is it wearing that outfit. It was wearing armour of some sort with a helmet. Holding a pillow out in front of it like a shield. And it's coming up the stairs.

So I'm like "what the hell". I get angry at it, cuz obviously it is prepared for me to fight it. I wait for it to reach the top of the stairs, realizing it is coming to get me. I'm thinking "oh jeez this must be combative gear for those of us who fight back" Then I'm overcome with suspicion cuz something is'nt right here. all my other experiences with beings they did not "need gear" and they just popped in & out of thin air. But then I remember I'm out of body! but something keeps nagging me that something is not right with this scene! this is like some kind of droid!

It gets to the top of the stairs & I punch the pillow as hard as I can to push it back down the stairs. My hand goes into the soft pillow really hard, but the thing does'nt flinch or move at all! just keeps coming. I am really like angry at this point. That's when I see there is something else standing at the bottom of the stairs! Suddenly, my vision turns into like a tunnel or looking down a tube. I see it is a MAN!!! A giant fat man wearing a blue shirt. I yell to him "I see your face, you are not going to get away with this. You have NO right to do this, you will be stopped!!!"

Then I run into my room, saying remember this, remember this & I then dive back into my body with that same "ZAAAP" sound.

Hale

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a VERY disturbing dream a few months ago, Star, where I was looking at a young woman, a teenager, who was sitting in an suv jeep like vehicle, acting all sweet, smiling, hands folded in her lap....when as I looked at her I could feel this cold cold sense of dread, and knowing. I looked at her and said "I know what you are trying to do [she's still smiling at me] you are here to KILL us!" I called out for the person who was with the other woman outside the car (we had been separated for a REASON: divide and conquer) and as I did this, it was as if the view of the world took on a tunnel vision like effect. This was VERY fast. It was akin to looking down a tube, one that narrowed. Like a telescope, but backwards. Yep. Mine was in motion, though, and everything happened extremely fast....and everything had this slowed down quality allowing you to see every single detail. As this happened, I had the distinct feeling like the world, which was partly inside of me, was somehow being pulled out and away from me (trying to). Everything was collapsing on itself in a very literal kind of way. It had the feeling of a steel trap suddenly snapping shut as the walls of the known world just collapsed in on themselves into a darkness that was simply empty.

But before this happened, with my senses very acute, I was able to peer down into this funnel of what was left and there at the end where there was still some light, I could see this blonde headed girl. Just before everything went black, her countenance completely changed. Again, it s JUST before it all went dark, but I could see that she was something COMPLETELY different from what she had appeared. She was a monster. Something more along the lines of something from an Alien movie. As the world went to complete darkness and there was that sudden "SNAP!" I felt something that was like a ton of bricks hitting me. Like you are a bell and someone takes a sledge hammer to ring that bell! I woke up with a start (I normally sleep like the dead) and could feel my body simply vibrating pretty fast. It took about two or three minutes for my body to stop vibrating (rapid oscillation that made me feel like I was vibrating inside my skin, ready to leap out). As I lay there with eyes closed, I could see images of this creature form and reform. I was quite awake by that point. I lay there trying hard not to even think, feeling like they could "find" me through some clairvoyant effort to locate my energy signature. Never had that feeling before. But I DID remain QUITE silent for a while.

Your description reminded me of this. The dream was posted on another thread which has, I believe, fallen off the board. I don't exactly feel comfortable posting the dream in its entirety here simply because it was perhaps one of THE most negative dreams I have ever had. Awful stuff was happening throughout and beings were out to get someone I was trying to protect. There were beings moving into this reality with startling regularity and were being monitored by a device I had. Awful half dead creatures, not fully aware, but cluttering the dream scape, relentless in their search for this person they were out to get. It was an eye opener for me. Kind of dream that left me feeling nasty for weeks. Not the kind of thing you'd want getting around your kids. Foul. Cold.

I wonder, then, what the funnel is?

A type of projection effect? Or an effort for someone to gain control over you in some way? Maybe the little critter coming up the stairs was a distraction.....I know that the appearance of the mother and daughter pair in my dream (daughter was in the car with me) most certainly served as a distraction, an appearance of everything being alright when in fact it was anything but.

No matter how hard they may try to suck it out of you, it just wont work. Goes against some very fundamental laws or principles.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, just you and I and nature." ---Van Morrison

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 8323
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale wrote:

quote:

I had a VERY disturbing dream a few months ago, Star, where I was looking at a young woman, a teenager, who was sitting in an suv jeep like vehicle, acting all sweet, smiling, hands folded in her lap....when as I looked at her I could feel this cold cold sense of dread, and knowing. I looked at her and said "I know what you are trying to do [she's still smiling at me] you are here to KILL us!" I called out for the person who was with the other woman outside the car (we had been separated for a REASON: divide and conquer) and as I did this, it was as if the view of the world took on a tunnel vision like effect. This was VERY fast. It was akin to looking down a tube, one that narrowed. Like a telescope, but backwards. Yep. Mine was in motion, though, and everything happened extremely fast....and everything had this slowed down quality allowing you to see every single detail. As this happened, I had the distinct feeling like the world, which was partly inside of me, was somehow being pulled out and away from me (trying to). Everything was collapsing on itself in a very literal kind of way. It had the feeling of a steel trap suddenly snapping shut as the walls of the known world just collapsed in on themselves into a darkness that was simply empty.

But before this happened, with my senses very acute, I was able to peer down into this funnel of what was left and there at the end where there was still some light, I could see this blonde headed girl. Just before everything went black, her countenance completely changed. Again, it s JUST before it all went dark, but I could see that she was something COMPLETELY different from what she had appeared. She was a monster. Something more along the lines of something from an Alien movie. As the world went to complete darkness and there was that sudden "SNAP!" I felt something that was like a ton of bricks hitting me. Like you are a bell and someone takes a sledge hammer to ring that bell! I woke up with a start (I normally sleep like the dead) and could feel my body simply vibrating pretty fast. It took about two or three minutes for my body to stop vibrating (rapid oscillation that made me feel like I was vibrating inside my skin, ready to leap out). As I lay there with eyes closed, I could see images of this creature form and reform. I was quite awake by that point. I lay there trying hard not to even think, feeling like they could "find" me through some clairvoyant effort to locate my energy signature. Never had that feeling before. But I DID remain QUITE silent for a while.

Your description reminded me of this. The dream was posted on another thread which has, I believe, fallen off the board. I don't exactly feel comfortable posting the dream in its entirety here simply because it was perhaps one of THE most negative dreams I have ever had. Awful stuff was happening throughout and beings were out to get someone I was trying to protect. There were beings moving into this reality with startling regularity and were being monitored by a device I had. Awful half dead creatures, not fully aware, but cluttering the dream scape, relentless in their search for this person they were out to get. It was an eye opener for me. Kind of dream that left me feeling nasty for weeks. Not the kind of thing you'd want getting around your kids. Foul. Cold.

I remember your mention of that dream vividly, Hale. It was THE most disturbing dream I have ever heard, and I said that then.

quote:

I wonder, then, what the funnel is?

A pathway to "the doors of perception," perhaps?

Starspirit

Post Number: 2460
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ya Hale, something was Foul, Cold about this experience. I feel the same way about the funnel business. It was NOT like the spiritual visions I frequently have. In fact it seemed to be trying to stop them, hindering and trying to keep me in my body. Just as you mention above. And it did not work cuz I had several wonderful spiritual & astral ones after this.

Your right No matter how hard they try to stop us, it just won't work.
I refuse to be intimidated by these tricksters, tests or whatever.

Starspirit

Post Number: 2461
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 3:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A pathway allright, and that night a big fat man was blocking the way

Hale

Post Number: 1107
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 9:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay, so suffer me my naiveté for a moment. My mind is grappling with this funnel issue. Since it was a new item in my lexicon (never having encountered it in that context before), what are your thoughts (provided you wish to share--I will understand if you don't).

I know that for me, this was in the context of someone affecting me or trying to kill me, to blot me out entirely by collapsing and trying to pull my world away from me (like that can really happen). As I noodle through this, I consider in the dream reality, in that context, was that experience, then, being pulled out from under me......was my dream self, projected self being pulled further from some other home base in a way that I felt like something was under threat....?

If this funnel is a doorway to perception, or a pathway, then was someone indeed trying to block me from that world, the path to that world? It felt like someone was trying to destroy me, less than trying to just rid me from that particular location.

I guess I am considering the mechanics of the thing. Would the funnel, then, be a path to something? If this is a doorway to perception, then this is a path TO perception or the experiences that result from what perception brings? I know that when I came back, I was really vibrating, almost like a rubber band had been snapped back like I was being held onto.....as if I could be kept in that world against my will (the obliteration feeling---the wish to kill or destroy me completely). Like a bell vibrating....almost buzzing.

I look at all of this in context with a dream that happened almost in its wake where an almost opposite scene unfolded, but that felt connected to the previous one (smiling girl) in which I was shown a loaf of bread, saw it cut up and then saw it whole again once everyone partook. The idea being that while the Whole...the Source....is divided up into many infinite parts, it still remains whole; inviolate. This stood in opposition to the previous dream where it seemed that the one part COULD be destroyed (they thought they could) when in fact we are inviolate. Connected.

The really odd thing just now is that I feel this warm feeling sweeping through me as I think about the dream of the golden Presence (which I knew to be some unknowable or an energetic Source). Last time I dreamed of this Source, it was back in early 90's. In it, I was in a roller derby rink. People were knocking each other down, treating each other pretty bad. The idea was that the physical world was a rough place, that humans really are a vicious crowd. But there was a window, and through that window I could see this golden light streaming into the room. This was the same kind of thing as the bread and the golden light that surrounded it in this game room full of video games with awful content playing across their screens. As the bread showed up, as the Presence suffused the room, it was as if everything went gray around it. There was a duality (it seemed to me) and the suggestion of how do I bring these two things into harmony with each other? This was obvious in the frist dream many years ago, and somewhat similar in the Source dream as well.

Perhaps superposition is a path towards being able to stay in two bodies at once; the present egomind and the larger boundless self,connected to the whole of creation through this Source.

I'm just yammering. But I do wonder about your thoughts in regards to the funnel or tube, Starspirit and Thomas. And anyone else who wishes to chime in. Sometimes its real easy to think you know how something works when in fact you might be off the mark. I leave that as a possibility.

Hale

Post Number: 1108
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"i dreamed of giving a man in a bright orange jacket some money. "

Susi, would this be a "blaze orange" by any chance? To me,. that would mean caution. Be cautious about giving people money. Been there done that. ;)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2663
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hsle,

I wrote a kinda long poem a couple of years ago and a few lines from the last verse went:

They left as they came
through the wind tunnel gate
dressed up in the guise of their fate.....

Doesn't really answer any of your questions..just related.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1265
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Vortex.

buddie

Post Number: 4431
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Certain beings have managed to move
through all the dimensional levels
and remain conscious.I read that..
How do they remain stable

Qua da di

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2664
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

You mentioned bread, bread was mentioned in my poem as well:

She paused by the door, no need for the key
for the bread they were fed was her own recipe.

Starspirit

Post Number: 2462
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama would love to read the whole poem. Will you post it for us?

Starspirit

Post Number: 2463
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale agree about leaving all possibilites open. I try to look at every angle of these weird goings on. It helps typing them out here & then reading it over, new ideas pop out. And others help with perceptions that may have been overlooked. Bringing new insight & meaning. LOL many of the negative ones I experience will make sense later on down the road.

Just going by experience, in some dreams & astrals there are portals, tubes, vortexes etc. Some we travel through and some we look through to past & future events. Sometimes it shows things going on in the present that we are not aware of, like tunnel vision.

I don't know, but there always seems to be reasons for the experiences we share here.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2666
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 1:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Star,

Whatever or whoever contacts me and messes with me puts certain restrictions on me ...I won't bore you with them

One is it won't let me type out this poem..go figure..I've got it stored in my computer and have e-mailed to some peeps here. If you or anyone else who'd like to read it will PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you. (sticks my tongue out to 'em)

Starspirit

Post Number: 2464
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 1:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama Shine it's that post #

Starspirit

Post Number: 2465
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 1:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

But seriously, I'd love to read the poem, sounds very insightful.

Hale

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 1:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama, that's interesting. Her own recipe. Nice twist!

Buddie, the one thing that gets me is how one stays in a conscious state through vast shifts in energetic states. I know that for myself, it was always hard to project because the shift was always so obviously energetic and I'd get caught up in it all? Like overdrive or something. I always did better when I would drift off and then find myself looking out the window or something, wondering how I got there. Bam! Back in the body! Plus, too many people "out there" doing weird stuff sometimes. Distracting. Had a ghost who would start breathing whenever I'd try to project. THAT was a tad distracting. Hair raising, during the first month if it, actually.

Vortex indeed. For me it seemed like a vortex of death. Still wrapping my head around that one. :-)

I think you are right, Star. Some time back I had a dream where I was certain I knew what it (dream) was trying to tell me, later events unfolded, and it became quite clear that I was merely projecting. Expectations.

I meant to say something here that I was thinking about today as I was running some errands; I believe it was Rosemary Altea who wrote the book....something about a Rose.......she is supposed to be a psychic, used to do readings, spoke with dead relatives. Anyway, she had this experience where she felt like she was being shown the Source of the universe. Like "It." And what she saw were two cones with energy feeding one into the other in a kind of loop as I recall. Or vortices. It had a kind of yin-yang feel to it, except more like watching some gallactic force exploding outward and being pulled inward. I'll have to see if I can find her book, unless I have already packed it, in which case I'll have to wait until after we have moved. I believe the light or energy coming off of it was consciousness, souls perhaps. Its a little muddled from years of not having read it. Maybe 15 years?

Starspirit

Post Number: 2466
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 3:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama Shine has graciously allowed me to post her beautiful poem! what a gift to us all...

The Abbess

She knew that they were coming
But not exactly when
For she overheard them saying,
"Father, I have sinned."

She offered up a prayer for them
Designed for safety's sake
And placed a candle in the window
Of her Abbey by the lake.

In time there was a knocking
And a howling of the wind
As she heard them whisper hopefully,
"Mother, take us in."

She gave them bread and made their bed -
Recover wounded lambs.
She turned to go and murmured low,
"I'm not who you think I am."

She paused by the door -
No need for the key.
For the bread they were fed
Was her own recipe.

She trudged down the hall
'Neath the robes of her habit
And entered the walls of her cell.
What emerged from her robes -
By an act of surrender
Was the brilliance and shimmer
Of gossamer splendour.

A change was occuring
She noticed a stirring
And swept up the hall for to see.

She wasn't mistakened
A few had awakened
She beckoned to them,
"Follow me."

They rose from the Abbey
And walked to a place
Lit up by the light of the Moon.
Where she showed them a way
"To see" by the starlight
And played them a night-time tune.

Now it's time to go back -
So, they stopped by the well
That she said had almost run dry.
Then a cluster of stars
(The Divine Water-Bearer)
Trickled some help from the Sky.

Well, needless to say
They wanted to stay.
But she whisked them
Right back to their beds.
Where they soon would discover
The rest had recovered
While silently scratching their heads.

They left as they came
Through the Wind-Tunnel-Gate
Wrapped up in the guise of their Fate.
Some saw the Abbess who knells in her Abbey,
Some saw the Lady of the Lake.

MAMA SHINE

(Message edited by starspirit on June 02, 2007)

Hale

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama, you are a poet!

That's really great.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2670
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you Starspirit and Hale, A couple of people have asked me about the line :

"In time there was a knocking
and a howling of the wind."

They think I'm talking about Katrina..not so, this poem was written 10-22-03

To this day I don't understand the poem. It came to me in bits and pieces scribbled on anything available and I later put it together. I read it and said huh...

But sometimes when I read it I think I do understand but haven't the words to explain. Something up in my head is , thinks I'm so dense and I agree.

Hale

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mama, this touches on inner knowledge, I think. Some of the best stuff I have done I have not understood....it just came out. However, only after many many years did the missing pieces come that clarified the work. You just never know. But it has a very interesting flavor. Some things can't be apprehended by the intellect (thank goodness).

Star, the two people in the dream were in fact the same being. They had split, and somehow I was able to discern they were actually the same creature. It was a way to divide and conquer. Not saying your two being dream was the same, but never leave a rock unturned. you never know, it could be a means for someone trying to get over here or pulling us "in there" to stack the deck. Thing is, spirits are slippery things, so hard to grab hold of.

Starspirit

Post Number: 2476
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 6:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah you have a point there Hale about the 2 in 1. Was thinking about images like that yesterday. And the "being" & guy from dream, the large great man wearing the blue flannel shirt with all the intersecting lines & "2" pockets. Looking down the tunnel became a close up on his chest as it became a circle through the tunnel.

Starspirit

Post Number: 2477
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 6:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Agree with ya both about the inner knowledge, just popping out. I love seeing that in folks. And everybodys got it.

Starspirit

Post Number: 2479
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another thing about that "astral dream" bit. Is I perceived a very real threat during it. Something/body was trying to interfere that night. So many layers in all this stuff...

Starspirit

Post Number: 2480
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 7:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

On another note...Had a really good one last night. About the ancient circle song. Woke up singing it & all day things have been popping up everywhere about it. All connected...

Hale

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 2:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a dream that there was an expedition to another planet. Since this planet had water (lots of it) they sent a type of sub to check it out. However, once they got there, they discovered that there was some other liquid that had a different density to it which the sub could not navigate. It turned out that this caused the sub to be stuck at a great depth, unable to move, or even surface for that matter.

There was a man who seemed to be the captain who had determined what the problem was, and he was very straight forward about it. It was obvious that absent some solution, they were really quite stuck. there were two other members of this crew at least, and one of them was this dark haired woman who I knew to be some kind of engineer. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, leafing through a book, trying to figure something out. I came into the room and she was looking at me with a surprised look on her face. I was feeling sad and wanted to comfort her because it seemed that this was indeed very bad stuff. She seemed undeterred, though, and was not willing to begin bouncing off the walls yet, focused on trying to learn as much as she could from the tables and charts in her technical book. She struck me as very together and very intelligent.

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 130
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 8:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Hale,
I've been thinking about your dream above, for a couple of days...
Here's what I got out of it

an expedition to another planet (journey to another dimension or reality, or home maybe)
This planet had lots of what seemed to be water at first till the sub was sent to explore it... (this other reality has an abundance of what seems to be on the surface, the same spiritual stuff we have in our reality until we try to navigate in it, and then discover that our earthly vessel will not navigate due to a different density, or different energy level.)
The sub got to a great depth, then got stuck (our earthly vessel can make it into that other dimension, but will be able to make no progress)

The man who is the captain (masculine energy directing the vessel) knows what the problem is.

The dark haired woman leafing through the technical book (feminine energy searching for the solution, and doing it by searching the knowledge of the situation.)

Just a few thoughts...
Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness. James Thurber

susi t learn

Post Number: 6909
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

right upon awakening i 'heard' the name or word 'leland or leeland'.

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 132
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 8:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi,

I just googled leeland and got this...
http://www.leelandonline.com/

and Leland Michigan also....

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 136
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was with a large group of people standing outside when I looked up and saw an average looking airplane flying low and very slowly. I looked again, and it was a ufo. The ufo stopped above us, no one was looking at it but me. It did a back flip, and sped off in the other direction for a good ways, did another back flip, and sped to where it stopped over us again, and repeated the process 2 or 3 times. I attempted to draw the others attention to this spectacle. Then it landed, and many small humanoids began walking among us.
The ufo was white, sorta oblong, and had 6 large silver colored cone shaped (exhausts?) on the underside, 3 on each side.

Hale

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting, psyrinity.....

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 141
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 4:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

which post are you referring to Hale, as being interesting....
#130, or #136?

Hale

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, both. But mostly your take on the dream. It was not making a whole lot of sense since I was caught up in the drama of the situation. It seemed hopeless and I was going to the crew members offering my concern over their situation.

But it has slowly grown on me as I move back from it, and with that distance, some things have floated to the surface, shall we say.

(Message edited by Hale on June 09, 2007)

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 145
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"someone seemed to think that something could
be held in your hand when the truth is, it is
held in your heart."

That really strikes a chord with me!....

Your daughter is very wise! You are blessed to be her dad, she chose her parents wisely.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2740
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

psyrinity,

Have you ever done the back flips before in dreams? I had almost forgotten but I used to do them in dreams a lot...don't recall any lately but they used to be pretty regular for me to do back flips...some quite spectacular. LOL

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 146
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 7:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Mama S,

well, it wasn't myself doing the back flips, it was the ufo.
Don't recall ever doing back flips myself in dreams... but ya never know!
I do have ufo dreams quite often...

Isn't it fun when we do things in dreams we don't normally do in our reality?

I love dreams and the lessons they bring!

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 147
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 7:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

I just noticed in your post #1147, there seems to quite a bit of it missing...??

When I read it last night there was that interesting discourse on the dream about the beings with the eggs on your campout with your daughter's scout troop?
She said something about seeing with the heart, hence my comment on it....

what happened??? I wonder...

Mama Shine

Post Number: 2743
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 2:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

psi..so it was the UFO's doing back flips...HEY UFO'S..I do back flips too... wonder why they never answer me back when I joke with them...

I was looking for the part of Hales dream as well..wondered what you were talking about.

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 149
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, Mama S...
I'm startin' to think I had a dimensional slip or something!!...

There was a detailed account of a dream included in Hale's post #1147, and some things in it really struck home with me. So I posted a response...
Everyone will wonder what in the world I was talking about now, though. But I promise I have not totally lost my mind..

The whole thing was there the first time I read the post, then,... this morning when I reread it, the majority of the post was missing...?????

pssssst.... maybe the aliens should try learning something from US... the ability to joke...

buddie

Post Number: 4479
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 6:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had no recall of my dream this morning..
It wasen't until my phone at work rang a
zillion times and then I was paged..
NOBODY in the company would do this as
they know if you don't leave a message..
you probably won't reach me...

Then in an instant my dream came back..
I had gotten a phone call at work from
one of my sisters..our Only Brother was
dead from a car crash I think..
I about lost it at my desk remembering
this dream..
Funny too in my dream I remember going
off to that disassociate?? place I go
when trauma hits..
Well I can hardly believe I forgot this
dream and the ringing phone brought it
back.. Oh those mind games !!

BTW the call was from a girl who
used to work with me..I was thinking
about her 2 days ago because I had not
heard from her in months :-)

Qua da di

fortwynt

Post Number: 1946
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

same strange obsession in my dreams with my junior high school (which has been a giant condemned building for around 5-6 years now)...not sure what the connection is there.
“I am the Self, O Gudakesa, seated in the hearts of all creatures. I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings.”

Bhagavad Gita