Archive through May 16, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through May 16, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe something good happened as a result of you doing what you did?
What, me worry?

wender
Username: wender

Post Number: 616
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bran- I hada series of dreams like that several years ago. definitely learning dreams
be sure to write them down! Years from now you'll look back and it will all make sense

hey dirk!!!!!!! what's Happening!!!!

dirkwright

Post Number: 1754
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi wender, nice to see you again. You've been missed.
What, me worry?

chriscrd
Username: chriscrd

Post Number: 52
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

my take on bran's dream...to me its like this: it wasn't so much the object that he was stealing or that they allowed him too...the sacred object represents that which is in all of us, him stealing it from monks represents that at some point, probably in our lifetimes, religion will become irrelevant as the true nature of spirituality and the soul is realized by more people...more wars and conflicts will arise due to religion, more people will open themselves up to spiritual teachings and the relevance of belief systems created and controlled by man will become less important, as the 'secret' comes from within each one of us...

chriscrd

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

a couple of days after the clock dream i described above, i had another interesting one. i had some radio communications equipment, what appeared to be a handheld radio or scanner...there was a storm out, rain, wind, thunder storm...someone was trying to get through to me over the radio/scanner...but the message was garbled and full of interference...i was outside, walking around trying to get a better signal...the place appeared to be maybe at my job, looked the outside area of where i work...but it appeared to be after hours and i was alone...i also had an extra antenna for the radio/scanner, very long...but in the dream did not know how to attach it or use it and became frustrated, breaking the long extra antenna and i did not receive the message being broadcast to me...

psyrinity
Username: psyrinity

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream that I, along with many others lived in a town that was itself inside a huge single building. The doors of the building were locked and we were not supposed to go outside. I was walking along an aisle in the building, like an aisle in a grocery store, with mostly empty shelves along both sides. There was a wall of windows at the end of the building, where I was walking, and I gazed out the windows, it was dark out. A couple of people came in by a door in the wall of windows. I knew that if I went out that door, an alarm would sound, but the door was not locked, and I went out the door into a hall that was enclosed in windows. A friend from school many years ago was with me, and I grabbed her hand and took her with me. We stood in the hall a while, then went out the outer door, still heard no alarm, but I new that "they " knew we were gone. Now outside in the dark, we began running hand in hand, and came upon 3 people sitting on the ground resting under a streetlight. All of us together began running down a dirt road in pitch black dark. I could see nothing but did not stumble and knew where I was going. The sound of dogs barking behind us kept coming closer and closer, and I knew it was "them" tracking us. We kept running, the dogs barking kept getting closer, and we stopped because we knew "they" would get us. Soon after we stopped running there were no more sounds of dogs barking, and along came this rectangular flower pot full of some kind of plants, walking on legs.
Then we were just walking down the road, it was still dark, until we came to a circular metal door. The door began to open and a typical "grey" was on the other side, teaching us how to dance. There was bright light and sort of a hazy atmosphere on the other side of the door where the "grey" was. We had to learn to dance to go through the door.
I looked to my side, and a "cylon" from battlestar galactica was already dancing the dance the grey was teaching. end.....
Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness. James Thurber

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 908
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I thought I had remarked about this dream days ago! Maybe my post did not take.

I think it is a fascinating dream with possible implications related to the self, and the nature of the self.

Houses and structures....sometimes relate to the self. (sometimes a house is just a house, though) Now you have a building inside a building. Could this be related to the inner and outer self? I think about how some windows were dark and did not let in much light. Perhaps there is some questioning going on on behalf of various portions of the self whereby the nature of your relationship with your other parts is being examined. I don't know if it is necessarily being questioned, though. And then, as you do all this, you are able to get beyond the structure entirely and when you do this (being chased all the while by the dogs) some interesting things happen. A plant that is normally rooted gets up and walks. Roots that are normally solidly in place being able to move to a new location. And since its small like that could it be just a passing thought? And then the real doozie comes with moving through the door. You have to dance to get through that door. How appropriate. The grey was not menacing but was teaching you how to move through, perhaps, a threshold of perception? And behold, there were others there as well trying to do the same thing. Dance to me does not seem to suggest an overtly intellectual pursuit, but is in fact more art than science. It also involves FEELING over thought. Perhaps the gateway is via feeling or inner knowing rather than intellectualized aproaches to opening to larger perceptions of our world.

Now understand, its just my take and its not as detailed as the one I left here some time ago.....or thought I had.

I think its a fascinating dream, psy, whatever its meaning might be.
Guarantees? Never. Possibilities? Always.

Hale

Post Number: 909
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I came to say that lately dreams have been taking on an incredible depth and detail. There is a richness in color, a certain sensuality in how colors are looking and how objects present themselves. I am seeing a lot of old maps in closets, old old toys hidden in barns and objects that have some personal value to people that have been hidden away or forgotten.

It's all very interesting, as long as I can keep away from the bad dreams.

The period of waking is also interesting. I used to get these "flash" dreams that were very quick impressions, perhaps only a moment or no more than a minute in duration. That state seems to be extending itself out into waking, as long as I am able to remain relaxed. I have to be in the right state in order to "get" stuff like this. This morning I was looking out across a landscape (eyes closed but awake)and I knew the landscape was my soul, an energetic object, and within it were "objects" which were important events, even lifetimes held within the cell structure that was the soul (it was boundless yet had boundaries---paradox). It had a certain degree of lucidity to it as I was able to direct my attention more in some areas than in others.

Hope it keeps up. It tends to be cyclical, though.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 6055
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 2:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hale

it sounds like ancient knowledge will be revealed to you. :-)

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 102
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had not thought about the inner and outer self being related to the building(entire town, inner self with many parts) within a bldg. Thanks, Hale!!!
I sorta see the dream as journeying beyond the confines of both inner and outer selves, which are being overseen by "others" in authority, but really "they" were not so bad after all, because they did not stop us from making it to the door. And running through the dark, but yet I know exactly where I am going and not stumbling I take to mean that I am being guided by Spirit to the place in my journey that I learn to dance the dance in order to go over the threshold (I like the threshold idea)into a light (enlightened) place. Expanding consciousness.... I also believe you are right about the dance being art and not intellectual. I just have to surrender, believe, and let it happen!
I think this was the first time I actually remember dreaming about a grey. I've had a few dreams about being in a large (banquet?) room with many white robed beings that were not human, and once I was being carried (I think) to appear before one of them who was something like a queen, or ruler? But to have a grey show up in a dream is itself a big step for me. I DID invite them!! and there has been some weird stuff going on.... Nothing major,like so many here have experienced, so I won't bore anyone with those inconsequential details!
Thanks for the input Hale, your ideas brought out some things I had not thought about!
Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness. James Thurber

Hale

Post Number: 913
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It was just a thought. I consider remarks like mine to be like clothes you try on in the store. You can always hang them back up on the rack if they don't feel right. I wouldn't expect you to "buy" them just because I said it. I just find it really a fascinating dream and found myself thinking about it this last week since it was posted. it felt really quite significant. Yeah, and I concur with the feeling of some outside control perhaps...or at least the perception of it.

I dreamed I was perhaps on a boat with someone I know and she and I were sitting down to dinner. I was thinking about this trip and what it cost (it was at great cost). I was watching as the waiter comes up to take an order for dinner and as he is talking to us about all the dinner options, I notice on his pad that he has some notes on what to tell us and as I looked down at this pad I notice that its all in my hand writing.....and while he has not yet gotten to the part that I saw written on the pad, I recalled actually having written it.....but it wasn't something that I had done anytime recently, but long ago.

This was an interesting feeling. The feeling was like I was peering behind a curtain, seeing an element that I was not supposed to see, sort of like a glitch in the matrix. I think it was pointing, however, to our involvement in helping create or manifest events in our lives. We may not be aware that we do this, but I am quite sure this dream was pointing it out.

Ancient knowledge. That's something to keep an eye peeled on, Susie. I was thinking about all these old things and what they could have meant. I had a nondream experience that involved "seeing" things in my soul that were scattered about hither and yon.....and you could pluck these up/out and study them. Nonphysical, yet very real, very solid. One map I saw in a closet was of a land I had never seen before....as if the Earth had reformed itself since then even though the map itself did not look over a 100 years old......
I guess it depends on if you dream in dog years or turtle years. :-)

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 4186
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale your dream reminds me of that
phrase 'The writing is on the wall'
As the veil lifts sometimes instead of
us creating events in our lives perhaps
they are already in place waiting for
the right circumstances to become unveiled..
Just my $11.oo worth ....
buddie
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2781
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
What comes to mind is an emotionally costly water/spiritual journey, and some part of you had a "hand" in it's design.

dirkwright

Post Number: 2019
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I don't know. Sounds like a romantic cruise where he pops the question, and the waiter is on it...
What, me worry?

Hale

Post Number: 915
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You guys, your so funny. Really. In a good way.
And I think you are all right.

What I have been noticing lately is that my dreams are less cryptic and more out in the open. They also feel like, at least for now, they have more depth.....depth in color, depth in meaning......but some of the meanings feel as though I can relate to them better, or understand them better. I feel....I feel like I can FEEL what the symbols mean, whereas before I felt more like they were objects separate from me. Does this make any sense? Perhaps the real trick is figuring out how to feel out those objects that seem so accidental or incidental in dreams and feel them out for what they are. I guess I tended to ignore those objects as so much stuff, but I suspect it is quite possible that each object could actually be like an entity....a world unto itself, one event in my life from a psychological perspective, enmeshed in symbol.

I forget exactly what was written on the pad, but it was clear that the guy was running from a script that I had some hand in writing. Also, this trip was gained only after great change in my life. It felt like after all of this, the two of us there on that ship getting ready to eat (!) saw that all along this thing had been designed somehow....but designed in some forgotten time or place. I think the waves were really quite nice on that boat as I recall. :-)

Well at least that was how it seemed. Great thing about dreams is that they can open like flowers to us, gaining meaning as we move along in understanding of them.

What's really cool is when you share the SAME dream the SAME night with the SAME person. Now that is pretty wild.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2784
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 10:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Some parts of dreams are deeply symbolic to me. The symbols are the language that my subconscious mind, or sometimes, one of my guides, uses to communicate with me. Other times I am outside of the world of symbol and experiencing other locations with actual entities. That has a different feel to me. I've shared dream experiences with people too. It can either be completely lucid, or slightly removed from lucid.

In my dream last night, some of my guides were teaching me to write a "fictional" story. I was able to experience it from the perspective of the heroine, as well as write it. Who knows? maybe I was working on my next life?

wender
Username: wender

Post Number: 636
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey guys, what do you think about this? whenever, i get deep into meditation, and start having some good sessions, and have these wonderful 'epiphanies' - i start having really bizarre sexual dreams. very cultist,,,like strange gothic creatures, and rituals...heavy duty.
if i was a religious (as in the catholic i used to be) , i'd think it was the 'devil'
and they're so real
i wake up feeling like the dream is more real than the fact that i need to get up, take a shower, and go to work!

hey, Southern!!!! how are you!!!
good to see your name again.

What's the name of your story going to be?

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 106
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here http://www.unknowncountry.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=8875&post=446411#POST4 46411
is a little ditty I penned summing up the doorway/threshold dream.

chriscrd

Post Number: 54
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i've mentioned my reoccurring 'tunnel' dreams...i have another series that reoccurs...about my attic...in real life my attic is empty...just one big room, most of the floor beams exposed with narrow walkways you can walk on and there is nothing up there except some decorations and a few stored items...no big secrets...when iwas younger i was scared to go up there for some reason but its no big deal...over the last few years i've had as series of dreams about the attic...always the same theme...in the dream i go up to the attic and find that it is either a finished living space or contains a secret room (nowhere in real life is there even room for a secret space up there). in one dream i found an old furnished bedroom, decorated in an antique style, dusty and abandoned...in another i found elaborate living space being constructed up there out of high quality wood. last night i had two dreams in one about my attic...in one part i went up there to find an abandoned bedroom again, but this time it was a fully decorated infant's nursery, unused (i am not expecting a baby). in part two of the dream, i went up to go get something that was up there, and when i opened the door, i found that a coworker of mine that i am not even close to was a tenant in my attic. the attic was fully finished and furnished, this time in a more modern style. i was to check in his closet. i lifted up the carpet in the closet and somehow knew to lift up a piece of the floor underneath, where i found it was empty underneath, designed to be a hiding place. i found an old wooden box hidden in there, made up of several compartments. inside was old fishing tackle and lures, very old ones. in real life i used to do quite a lot of salt water fishing, but these appeared to be mostly for freshwater trout fishing, perfectly stored and preserved. these dreams, like my 'tunnel' dreams, occur a couple of times a year.

chriscrd

Post Number: 55
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wender, after certain spiritual episodes and realizations, i too have very detailed sexual dreams. i think i've mentioned one on here before. they are always with the same woman, someone i do not know in 'real' life...but feel a deep connection with, at least in the dream. its always as if we had not seen each other for a long time and are catching up in an intimate manner. when i wake up afterwards, there is always this sense of 'missing' this person, whom i have no idea who they are...

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2785
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Wender!
One possible though about the sexual stuff in meditation might have to with increased energy settling into the lower chakras.

chrscd,
You could be getting together with someone who was close to you in other lives during out of body states.

buddie

Post Number: 4192
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 4:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I also have recurring 'scary'
highly sexual dreams.. they start out
with a person I know but don't
recognise..then move into just blackness
yet someone is there..
I have these probably twice a year and
they can last on and of for a month..
afterwards I do not dream
(that I can recall) for months to come.
I'm only now starting to remember my
dreams from the last series I had back
in Dec/Jan..
the thing is I have a feeling my energy
is being sucked from me in these dreams..
like I'm being made to feel this way and
someone is taking this energy from me..
I only recently experienced chakra
energy and it's the same erotic feeling..
the twist being I control the energy now :-)
and wender yes they feel very real
like a visit ..now I've scared myself...

Qua da di

dirkwright

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 7:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Like pretty much everything in this reality, it can be used for a divine purpose or an evil one. Sex is no different. The dark forces connect to people through their weaknesses, through the parts of ourselves that we judge as bad or where we cannot see the divinity. When they connect, they do drain us of energy, they seduce us with that temptation. Becoming aware of these dark areas inside of us is very important for our own growth. Virtually all religions preach that sex is bad, or dirty, or low. The extent to which we have adopted that attitude is the same extent to which we believe that part of us is dark, thus creating an opening for the dark forces to attach. The Catholic church is particularly bad, in my opinion. So, the way out is to bring light to your sexuality, to honor it as divine and beautiful and eventually the dark forces will go away.
What, me worry?

firestarter
Intermediate Member
Username: firestarter

Post Number: 131
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 8:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sexual energy, I feel, is very powerful.
In particular, our first teen love, most powerful.
Dirkwright, I agree it is often used in evil..
If we could all learn to celebrate the ecstasy in sexuality, rather than thinking we're participating in a "no no" we'd all be much healthier.
Even our savage natures are stomped out in this society.
Sex in the Med Wheel is two come together in the South so they might go to the North.
And, forgive the "no no" here, but there is within all of us male and female and this combination is more than able to do the same.
I call it the marriage within oneself.
Spouses get very jealous of their partner finding this within themselves.
How sad.

Sex, wild ecstasy, savage even, can move trapped energy like nothing else.

BTW....I'm not a sex cures everything person, but it is a vital part of our "diets".

Chriscrd...could this woman be your female inside?
"Who knows?" "We'll see."

dirkwright

Post Number: 2028
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 8:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think tantra has it right when it comes to the divine use of sexual energy. I'm not able to practice it with anyone however, so I don't know from my own experience. It appears to me that what is being sensed in the descriptions above is the subconscious attitudes toward their own sexuality, and that they are bringing light to it during these meditations. You've got wonder, after how many thousand years of sex being "bad", that there must be a huge subconscious issue with sex in every one of us.
What, me worry?

firestarter
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 133
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

True....
So I have to go against the grain and be "naughty".
Never heard of tantra....going to check it out.

dirkwright

Post Number: 2066
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, if you have a spouse or SO, and you're interested in learning it, you can always go on a retreat. Yeah, they assign "homework"!!!! It could be part of a really great romantic honeymoon, in my opinion.
What, me worry?

dirkwright

Post Number: 2068
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The more correct term for what is practised here in the West is "neo-tantra", since it is our interpretation of the practices of India. What they do in that country is very different from what is practiced here.
What, me worry?

susi t learn

Post Number: 6082
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 7:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i dreamed last night i looked out the window (have no idea where i was) and it was dark and hailing. the hail was as large as softballs. i was thinking if one fell on you it'd kill you.

firestarter
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 134
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 7:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the web site Dirkwright!!!
Homework...lol.

Susi, it's been hailing here in KY a lot lately.

susi t learn

Post Number: 6084
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 7:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i hope they're not big as oranges!

Hale

Post Number: 917
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 1:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fire, I have come to believe most everything the church has said about sex is just so much baloney.

I am beginning to believe that the feelings we have connected to sex are in fact mirrors of a deeper spiritual force that draws us nearer to the Source of all life. We like to think of well scrubbed floors in the halls of heaven, but it just aint so. Wild and savage! I know that one! And I refuse to feel guilt because of it because it DOES do good. It is a real energy mover. Its a balance between this wild nature and this golden inner self.....a nice balance between our earthly selves and our timeless selves. But like anything it can be a tool used for good or ill. Freewill.

Sometimes I think we know we have a dark spot and some sieze on that place because they know it to be a place into us. But dark.....dark as in not necesarily bad, but a place of missunderstanding. If you look carefully and honestly I think you will find one such place within you. And for some its function is an utter mystery. :-)

Sometimes the dark places are those that will someday flood with the most light. Perhaps they are those places right behind the doorway to the next place.......

Just thinking....

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 9:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

two nights ago i had a dream that there were "illegals" (mexicans i dunno, ive had this vague dream before) coming down from the highway and throwing rocks at my home....i called "INS?" or someone, and they arrived...trying to round them up or whatever....normal enough since ive had that dream before, but this time i went up to the road where their vehicle was parked with the flashing lights, and went in (it was like a big camper of some sort) and talked to them...

come to find out they were really the CIA and they started asking me all sorts of questions and gauging my answers by some "meter" or "chart" or something...they kept flashing this needle around which caused me some pretty good stress, i didn't want to be injected....i cant remember too much more but i'll try later.

(i work night shift) today i had a dream that i was in a garden, but it seems like a cemetary.

where the plots were, were "grave markers" with names of people on this board. and there were a row of trees planted for every marker...some had none, some were just tiny, some were tall and had some nice leafy limbs on them, and i noticed mine were tall but had no limbs, just leaves coming out of the main trunk.

weirdness.
No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck.

Fredrick Douglas

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 5:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The tree thing is just toooo synchronistic for me to not say something. I've been contemplating the past few days how we (humanity) are like trees, in that the same way trees are rooted in the dark earth, and draw sustenance from that dark place, so we draw from the dark places a part of our sustenance. A tree uprooted will cease to exist in this plane. Yes I know we must have light also, but the darkness is an essential part of our growth. Each tree is at its own developmental level, but also, each has access to the nutrients we need in order to grow or "branch out" (ascend).

firestarter
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 136
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 7:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When a tree is struck by lightening (a terrible "devine?" blow) it becomes sacred fire wood, to some.
There was a "dead" tree in my front lawn, but, it continued to give of itself and will continue.

A tree in its most beautiful state, full of flowering blossoms, is at its most vulnerable state.
The weight of blossoms vs leaves makes it top heavy and a very hard wind can topple it over.

I once saw two trees, different, grown together, barks combined. I took a pic of this, I was so taken by it. Together they were so much stronger than seperate.

The nature of a Pecan tree is to withhold abundance every other year, we can learn to not give so much and to fill ourselves up.

A cedar tree came down from wind a couple yrs ago and ya know....it's red insides looked JUST LIKE flesh.

In a class we were asked to draw ourselves and a house, period.
A psych class.
Out of 25 students, I was the only "different" one.
I was the only one that drew myself sitting and so far away from the house, down a hill, with my back up against a tree.
Everyone else was with their house.

When I became Motherless, once, (long story) Mother Earth spoke to me through a "burning bush" ....... but was glowing tree roots that were exposed from many years of constant flooding waters.

I love the look of your Tree Fortwynt.
Oh, the story it could tell..............

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 8:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The time has come for me to post this...
although it was more a visitation than a dream, but I don't think it belongs in our ufo histories, either, so here it is...

First I need to give a little background...When I was around 19 years old, many years ago now, I developed an interest in the occult (the dark side, demonology)I did a lot of reading and contemplating on the subject. It was fascinating to me and I had a desire to get involved in the dark side of the "supernatural". I suppose because I had seen nothing on the "good" side of the supernatural that was interesting.

Well, one night during this time I had a "dream" in which I was visited by a tall white robed figure. In the dream I was standing in the storage room of the house we lived in. There was a book, which I took to be the bible at the time, lying on a shelf, and there was also a blue glowing cross there, I think it was beside the book?.. I don't accurately remember that detail.
Standing beside me was the tall white robed figure. I could not see a face, it was hooded, and the entire figure was sort of hazy. It was very tall, probably around 8 feet. It loomed over me, and I am 5'6".
It stood there not moving, and then I heard the most beautiful, deep voice speak, and it said "leave it alone, it will kill you". Of course I knew that the voice was speaking of the "dark side". Then I suddenly awoke, it was daylight, and of course, being 19 at the time, I said to myself that I was gonna leave it (the occult) alone anyway, that I did not need that warning. But the experience has stayed with me all these years. One of those interventions, from wherever, or whoever to help keep me on track.
At the time I was convinced the robed figure was Christ, now I am not so sure. A lot of things have changed for me over the years, including my views of religion and spirituality. Now I tend to believe that whoever it was that appeared to me in that "dream", did it in a way that I would notice and understand at that time.
Where now I can see a "gray" in a dream, or simply an old man, and pay attention, then it took the symbolism of what I knew at that time.

Ryan
Advanced Member
Username: ryan

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 1:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's a recurring dream I've potentially had for over a decade now. One of those things I've completely forgotten about until I had it last week.

There was a Wal-Mart about two miles away from where I live. It was there for as long as I can remember. When I was young, I don't remember thinking it was very new so I don't know what year they built it. It was initially a very small Wal-Mart. At some point in time, they added onto it and nearly doubled it's size. During then and before, they rearranged the store at least once. This store is no longer open and is being halfway torn down and will be some huge modern shopping center/office park of some sort(currently under construction).

The dream I have involves a certain corner of the store. When I was young, the fabric department was in the back corner of the store. Right next to toy department. I don't remember why I'd be wondering around over there or why I was cutting through there.

The dream consists of me back then and there. It has a sort of lost/no direction type theme to it. Like I'm just drifting aimlessly/wondering around.

The part I find odd is how this dream that still occurs takes place in a setting that no longer exists and is of a setting that is from very long ago on top of that.

The limited locals of every dream I've ever had is also interesting. I can't recall any dreams taking place north of me. I have a certain type dream that plays out east of me. Quite a few south and about two types that play out west of me. There was a time when I had quite a few dreams that took place at my home or in my neighborhood.

Only once I recognized a dream as feeling like it was taking place in Seattle. At the time, I had recently been there and a friend of mine and me considered moving there(maybe the "me" that exists in the parallel reality that I experienced in my dream does live there).

What's odd is how out of all the places I've been, I don't have dreams from those places or dreams from places that I don't recognize/can't place. I can only recall one where I was in what seemed to be a UFO.

There was a time when I got 10 hours of sleep each night and was awake for 14. Now it seems I sleep 4 hours and am awake for 20! 5 hours if I'm lucky. Not very conductive to dreaming.

Hale

Post Number: 940
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I keep up with my kids and what they dream since dreaming has been such an important part of my life.
it seems my kids are bringing a fairly healthy sense of self into their respective landscapes while they dream. Also, my daughter keeps having dreams that seem very familiar to me from the standpoint of crossing lines from one state of being to another, something I think is interesting.

This dream was from my 7 year old daughter. I asked her last night if she remembered any of her dreams from the night before, to which she said no at first, and then remembered this little clip:

She was swimming in the ocean, having to come up for air before going down deep, she did this over and over (she is quite a swimmer and loves the water). She encountered a giant ray, which was giant to her, but was about 8 feet across. It was swimming around her and she was a little afraid at first. It came close to her and she noticed that its eyes were blue and its body black. She mentioned that it spoke to her.

I asked "Did it speak to you with its mouth?"
She thought about that and said "No....." and then seemed to try to find the words. I then asked her "Well, did it speak to you without words?"
"Yes! I could understand what he was telling me."
"Was it like it happened in your head, not your ears?"
"Yes!"
Daddy looks on proudly, then asks: "Well, do you remember what it told you?"
"It said 'I'm the wisest creature in the sea.' "

susi t learn

Post Number: 6168
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

water-subconscious

ray-for those whose totem is the ray, they have a gracefulness and a sense of never being lost. you will be able to protect your own dance in life.

-animal speaks

Hale

Post Number: 942
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-)

susi t learn

Post Number: 6176
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 6:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i forgot to record this dream i had a couple of nights ago.

my mom and i were real close. but she comes to me mostly in dreams.

that day i was particularly missing her so i said, 'hey mom, how 'bout a visit?'

that night i dreamed we were laying on a couch, her at one end, me at the other, touching feet, cozy in a blanket. we were talking and giggling. it was nice. :-)

quigs
Username: astralgazer

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a dream that my husband was sitting on the couch in the living room and he yelled to me to come and look out the window. I ran in there and he looked at me and told me that there were layers upon layers of UFOs. I walked over to the window and sure enough there they were. I was standing there when all of the sudden this flash of white light came from nowhere and pulled me up. I distinctly remember being pulled up. I don't remember anything after that. Getting real tired of these sort of dreams.
"Our level of technology has exceeded the rate of our own evolution." Krystal Gale Potter (A variation of a quote by Albert Einstein but I like KGP's version better). :-)

Olive
Username: diamondgirl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello everyone.Im new here, and this is my very first post
Years ago I had this dream that sticks with me until this day. Probably because it was such a good dream, I suppose.
I could see a blue neon pyramid with a man inside of it.The pyramid didn't have walls.Just the frame, which was blue neon and glowing.
I then entered the pyramid and joined him.
I dont know this man in real life, but in the dream, I loved him very intensly.I remember being worried about his mother not liking me (lol)
and then he put his arms around me and communicated to me without actually speaking that nothing would change his love for me.
Im just curious what the significance of the pyramid was?
My enemy said to me, "Love your enemy." And I obeyed him and loved myself.
~Kahlil Gibran~

fortwynt

Post Number: 1591
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My dreams are becoming more disturbing as time goes on...just about an hour ago i dreamt that my baby (9 months old) was trying eat(?) me (zombie?) lol...sure i have plenty of zombie(?)-like dreams but that's the first time it has been about a baby....course i dont really know if consuming me is the goal, but just the inability to stop whomever is the zombie from approaching me incessantly, as if they are driven by evil motives they just keep coming and coming no matter how i push them away or run. Of course it WAS one of those days I've worked all night 12 hours, and come home and had to watch her (since my gf works during the day) and her not wanting to take a nap for more than an hour, and me having to go back to work tonite at 7 again for another 12...maybe that explains it....i guess i tend to look at logical reasons for dreams first, then secondly a deeper meaning, and then progressively deeper if that meaning doesnt suffice reaching into the unknown and such.
No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck.

Fredrick Douglas

susi t learn

Post Number: 6267
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 3:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fort

it could symbolize others trying to take up time you feel you don't have.

fortwynt

Post Number: 1593
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 3:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah i've wondered at that myself, i suppose i see no other real reason to dream about such strange things...usually in my dreams another quirky things happens (in the zombie dream), I can integrate the flying i learned how to do over the years, except i can only muster enough energy to fly just above their heads, their arms and hands can still reach me so i still have to "run" and get away...if i try to fly any higher it tires me out and i sink further...hmmmm more symoblism, me thinks so.

Fredrick Douglas

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 625
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 3:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Olive, welcome to the message board. It is nice to have you here with us.

fortwynt

Post Number: 1594
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yes, my apologies olive, welcome!

Fredrick Douglas

fortwynt

Post Number: 1595
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Olive, I too have had dreams of loving someone very intensely who i dont even apparently know...i tend to think that it comes (or came) from an unconscious desire to HAVE that deep emotional connection to someone, either someone we are to meet in the future, or someone we already know who we don't immediately realize we love.

As for the pyramid, I'm not sure except that it may denote importance of that person..."you should pay a lot of attention to me" in other words....like a flashing road sign.

Fredrick Douglas

Damon
Intermediate Member
Username: damon

Post Number: 121
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 3:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Welcome Olive
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

Hale

Post Number: 985
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I always think of pyramids in a spiritual sense. For the Egyptians and others who built them they were a way towards immortality, plus a big ego boost :-)

Could be this is someone very important to you that you have yet to meet? Could it portend something for the future? Welcome.

I have been having this deja vu kind of experience prior to waking. Its hard to get at as it seems to be still wrapped in the jungle of dream. But in it, there is something about the things I am seeing and experiencing that feel connected to what is happening in waking life, not just symbolically but almost as though I am seeing some mirror of events that I saw a long time ago and am remembering in the moment again. This is not intellectual in nature, but through feeling and a deeper intuitive sense. It leaves me with a feeling like I am looking behind a curtain at some weird source code I can just barely begin to wrap my head around. I feel like if only I could, some things in waking would become clearer or better known.

susi t learn

Post Number: 6301
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

last night i dreamed of a huge grizzley bear. it was standing on its' hind feet. then i was scratching it under the chin and it was stretching its' head up so i could reach better. i had the feeling as long as i was scratching it, it wouldn't hurt me.

then today, as i was running errands, i saw bear evrywhere; statues, even a photo frame.

and the message did mean something to me. cool.

chriscrd

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 12:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

a couple of nights ago...i dreamt i was in one of those old, british type all boys boarding school...old buildings, almost cathedral like, everyone in uniforms and the atmosphere very strict...i was with other boys, in what seemed like possibly a very large dining hall...i had done something to get into some sort of trouble, with someone that appeared to be some sort of 'head master' scolding me in front of everyone. i felt very embarrassed. i was to go back to the dormitory/sleeping section as punishment. i went alone, embarrassed at what just took place..when i got to the sleeping chamber, i realized it was already night time, which did not make sense. the room was a large hall, with bunks along the walls. moonlight poured in though large, churchlike windows. i walked towards my bunk, which was a top bunk near a window. i sensed a presence in the room, which was dark except for the moonlight coming in through these great windows. i felt as though the other boys would soon return from supper time. i could not see who it was i felt in the room. very commanding male voice told me to look on top of my bunk. on my bunk was a black, leather bound book, like one of those writing journals that close with a leather strap. the voice startled me and said: 'do you know what that is on your bunk!?'. this was said with great importance and impatience towards me to take this book. the book had no markings. i undid the strap and opened it, and the room was filled with darkness/blackness. i did this several times, opening and closing the book. i could not see what would happen when the darkness filled my dram, but it was almost pleasurable and felt very familiar. it was like i was quickly learning something or being revealed something. i cannot remember what though. i then tried to see who it was that was in the room with me. all i could make out was a darkened, stiff figure standing nearby in the darkness, a shadow like figure that i only thought was a man, a very stern, commanding male presence. when i overdid my attempts to see who this was, i felt impatience from this presence and the dream ended.

chriscrd

Post Number: 58
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

another reoccurring theme that sort of plays into my tunnel dreams i have described on here in the past, but this one occurs far less frequently...

in real life, my uncle/aunt/cousin lived up the street from where i currently live, on a side street that ends in a cul-de-sac with a major highway running behind it. they moved out of there many years ago and currently live out of state. they used to throw great parties and barbecues and i was always attached to their house, which is nothing special and i was attached to it even after they moved out. even now when i walk by (it is very much unchanged form when they lived there, and several families have lived in it since!) i get an extremely sentimental feeling. it is about half a mile walk from me and when i take my night time walks i will occasionally pass by, but lately feel uncomfortable in doing so for some reason...

in my dream, i am taking that same walk. i walk to the end of the cul-de-sac, where the house is and am shocked to find that either the cul-de-sac has collapsed as a result of a sink hole or been dug up...some construction machinery is nearby either for cleanup or to do more digging. when i look down into the deep pit, i can see a series of crude tunnels running under the house and to the highway even...i stand in disbelief at the site of this. now, this differs from the types of tunnels i have in my other tunnel dreams...which appear man made, concrete and elaborate but some are abandoned...

back to real life...last week my cousin was in town and drove to visit me. my sister, him and i got in my car to go to have dinner at a local restaurant. he started commenting on his old neighborhood and mentioned the house. i told him i can drive by real quick to see it, so we all did and i slowly circled that cul-de-sac and the house. he commented on how original it seemed, even the fence they had put up over 20 years ago was still intact. as we passed the house, he then started telling me about a recent dream he had...that he had come by to visit his old house but the whole area was dug up in a big muddy pit! i then told him my dreams and he was a bit spooked by it.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 122
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Still hearing those voices just before waking in the morning. I have two now, one female and one male. The female seems more pleasant to me. Her comments are usually like "good morning Damon" or "we are here, you can wake up now" more mother like. The male is more father like, very abrupt comments. "Damon, Damon" or "wake up". I hear the female much more than the male.

Anybody else experiencing this?

I also still seem to be in a negative plain for some reason, violent and sexual in nature, not sure what's up with that either except I have been burning the candle on both ends a lot lately between work and my son's illness. He has Hodgkins disease, good news is he is already in remission after 4 treatments. I think I just need to get back into better sleep patterns.

Your thoughts please.

(Message edited by damon on May 02, 2007)
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 123
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In an effort to better understand this sudden shift in my dreaming/sleep patterns, I decided to try cutting back my caffeine consumption and it seems to be working. I had gotten myself into the habit of drinking a lot of coffee throughout the morning and afternoon to get me through the day since I wasn't sleeping at all. I had a very deep sleep last night, didn't even wake once, sleep like a teenager.

Ah those were the good ole days, wake up in the same position, big slobber spot on the pillow....ha ha

I guess the irritated state I was in due to mental stress and physical exhaustion was setting the tone for my dream world.

(Message edited by damon on May 04, 2007)

n'kisi
Advanced Member
Username: nkisi

Post Number: 325
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hadnt read your post till now but have just last night had this experience of becoming aware theres someone with me while I'm asleep.. well just prior to waking up . the alarm was ringing I was ignoring it and a female voce sai something about it brought it to my attention . ..never had that happen before.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2879
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kept waking last night. I would then fall into that in between vibrating state where I start to see geometric black and white patterns. I then saw an old radio, and heard a voice tell me to tune into different stations. As I turned the tuner, I started seeing different scenes and felt the physical vibration shift as well.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 2406
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 1:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC..That state you described lured me into it as I read. I saw an old radio like my grandmother had in her living room..I could almost feel my hands going for the tuner. Had to force myself out of the state...weird.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

buddie

Post Number: 4287
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had one of those Ummy water dreams
early this morning.I was standing on
the side of a huge pool with a small
girl..the pool was filling up with
water and we were getting ready to
dive in..so now the pool is full and
I dive in ,,I was going down down down
then thought I better surface I can't
breath,, but I realized I could breath
and the color as always is the most
beautiful shade of blue.. but this time
I kept drifting and drifting towards
something I knew if I didn't wake up I
would be passing into another place or
something like that.. So I woke myself
up.. today I have the same incredibly
calm feeling ..so relaxed like a weight
has been lifted.. I love these dreams..
I never did meet the little girl..

Qua da di

Hale

Post Number: 1015
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

DAmon, pretty clear you are dealing with a lot of stuff. Uncertainties, a lot of possible stressors in your life and no doubt they will want to leak out in the form of violence or sexual stuff. Both can be relief valves in one way or another. So perhaps you are working through some feelings that perhaps you feel when awake but don't feel you have the time to do since you are burning that candle at both ends....

So maybe its coming out in dreams. Sure sounds like you could be processing. As to the voices, can't say I have been having those. But perhaps they are just what you think they are.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 125
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

HAle, Thanks for your comments. I am a big believer in the relationship between positive thought and actions, but for whatever reason, did not put two and two together on this one. Since I have recognized this I am getting back to my old self.

I also had something very strange happen to me yesterday. I have been reading a book by Daniel Penchbeck which details the relationship Shamanism has with nature, in particular hallucinogenic mushrooms/plants and their possible effect on our developing cultures. He talks of his own journeys with these substances and how they have expanded his own abilities/sight. I have been giving that a lot of thought over the last few days, actually considering doing some my self.

So here is the weird part, I go out into my garden a few days ago and there are three mushrooms growing. They are a variety that I have never seen before in my area. So I collect them, take pictures and send them of to a local college/mushroom expert for identification. She replied back that they are magic mushrooms (Amanita muscaria) and that they are not normally found in my area unless they grew in some imported mulch. This is most likely the case as I mulch every year, but now I'm asking myself is someone/something trying to tell me something, just seems to be too big of a coincidence.
”There comes a time in our lives when the firm ground we stand on vanishes from beneath our feet. At that moment we must either fall, or we must learn to fly.”

Hale

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Three mushrooms. Depends on how big they are, but might be just enough to do the trick. (not that I'd sanction such a revolutionary act......)

Once they dry out some you could also consider shaking the spores from the cap back onto your mulch.

Actually, I have become interested in the subject of mycology. Interested because its a minor miracle that we even HAVE mushrooms since the stuff that feed on mushroom food are more aggressive and bacteria tend to be the critters than win out. It s a VERY lucky day when everything is just right and spores are able to make it to the fruiting stage. Paul Stamets is one good resource and he has a book about mushroom growing. It is in truth very fascinating, albeit a tad technical. Clean room technology, all that rot. But getting them to the point where they will fruit; now that's an accomplishment. So your three little shrooms are a little miracle by definition. Think about how often you see mushrooms growing in the wild. Then look around the area where the shrooms are growing and look at all the chlorophyl based life and compare. That patch of healthy mushrooms is like an island of incredibility (that's my home brewed word for the day....aren't you glad I didn't use "decider"?).

susi t learn

Post Number: 6422
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie

i also have had the 'i can breathe underwater' dreams.

Ldyhawk369
Advanced Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 375
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 6:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

me too!!!

Hale

Post Number: 1045
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed that I was in a shop like mine, only different. It looked a bit like a house. It was like some mix of the two. I was with someone and was telling this person that if you listened carefully you could hear your voice reach out through space as it echoed. I had noticed that many moments later I could still hear an echo of my voice resounding in the mountainous place.

Somehow it was as though my hearing became unusually powerful....or I was beginning to sense sound at a subsonic level or something because I could listen as my voice echoed away into the "distance" and I could listen very very hard later and hear a faint something.....almost like a hiss or some background noise which was a remnant of my voice or some other noise.

I then tried an experiment with this person so she could listen. I could hear my voice echoing through the hills...having somehow penetrated the building we were in and I listened as I heard the sound get dimmer and dimmer, and asked "Can you still hear that?" She shook her head like she didn't hear anything, or didn't know what to listen for.

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 80
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 6:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, I'm probably stating the obvious here, but this seems to speak of how we affect reality.

You seem to be tuning in to a level of perception where you become aware of how thought-belief-action becomes a part of things and shapes them.

My immediate reaction to this dream is that it's related to what you've been saying about belief over on the Seth thread.
"Scientific progress goes boink?"
--Hobbes

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 120
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 8:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
my take on that dream is that you are hearing (at another dimensional level), your hearing on that level has become attuned so that you can hear things that others (the woman) can't hear yet.
You are hearing your own voice - you are attuned to your expression on that other dimensional level.
Can you teach others to "hear" as you do?

Just my take on it,
If I had that dream, that is the way I would interpret it for me.....

Hale

Post Number: 1052
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Psyrenity, the dream certainly seemed to go well beyond normal hearing and normal sound. Maybe for all I know sound does continue at a "micro" level longer than instruments can pick up.....or perhaps sound has a nonphysical energetic component that we can't hear with ears.....or, perhaps it had to do with me being able to hear my voice....which would place it more into a symbolic catagory. Your ideas nudged me into thinking more about just what this "sound" was all about. Thanks.

And Bran, I recalled the other day that Seth actually had something to say about sound at one point. Its been years ago.....but it was something about how there is also a kind of "pre" sound that happens that you can tune into but not normally since we are trained to hear just the expected beginning of a sound, and then there is a sustain that the sound has long after we have stopped hearing it, maybe as that sound gradually dies out or mixes with the rest of the "noise" of the world. I wondered for a moment if perhaps this dream perception might have been tied into this aspect of sound, but never having had any experiences along this line before.....how am I to know for sure? Anyway, interesting that you brought this up since it had played through my mind before checking back here.

Ldyhawk369
Advanced Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 376
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a dream that Whitley was asking me "Do you know why they call them Sylvia's? " I then realized I was dreaming and woke up. Have no clue what that meant.

fortwynt

Post Number: 1721
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a dream last nite that I had to travel to a city, and meet a few of you in an upstairs apartment...this was the first time we had met, and there were probably only a few more than a handful of us there around a coffee table in a small living room...no one knew anyone else, definitely no one knew me, and there was one fellow there (though not sure which "one" of us since it is a tad confusing meeting someone behind an internet nickname) who seemed to be VERY nervous and was questioning everyone about who they were on the board, how old they were, what their addresses were, education level, etc...at any rate it seemed very, umm, desperate...like we were made to meet because of some bad thing about to happen.
“A person who doesn’t have the ability to get angry isn’t worth much; but the person who can’t control his anger is worth even less”

Edgar Cayce

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 122
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fort,

What I see in that dream is that you had (something or someone compelled you) to travel to a city (a populated place, where many things are going on) to meet a Few (there are not many involved in this meeting of getting to know each other)in an upstairs apartment (a higher level of living). You have a connection with those Few!
The nervous, questioning one represents distractions? (mundane, inconsequential) to keep you from getting to know who the others really are?
Maybe the distractions (the questionings) are the bad thing going to happen?

Just throwing thoughts out for your consideration!

fortwynt

Post Number: 1724
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 4:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you're very wise psy...dreams most certainly have that quality about them that is sort of the minds way of symbolically talking to you through images that represent a deeper personal emotional quality.
“A person who doesn’t have the ability to get angry isn’t worth much; but the person who can’t control his anger is worth even less”

Edgar Cayce

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 123
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 6:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ya know fort, what you said about dreams being the minds way of speaking to you brought back to my mind something I was considering yesterday.
I know that personally, many of my dreams give me information and lead me on my path. I can not count the times that I have pondered over symbolism in certain dreams I have had, and that symbolism has shown me exactly what I need to do in order to progress.
The more I learn, and the more knowledge about ascension that I gain, the more intense and meaningful the symbolism has become.
Or maybe it was all there all the time, but I am just now becoming more aware of it, and being able to see it and use it....?
That's another thing, too..
When I recognize the symbolism of my dreams and use it the way it is intended to be used, for my growth is when it benefits me. Because if I recognize the meaning of the symbolism and then do nothing with it,... well, it won't do anyone any good at all!
The point I am trying to make is that dreams (for me) are a tool that my mind, spirit, higher self, or whatever you wanna call it, uses to guide and direct me on my journey in this life.

psyrinity
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 124
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 7:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Case in point...

I had a dream that my right arm (right hand path, my inner, spiritual energies) was very cleanly disconnected from my shoulder (not joined to my totality, so that I could make use of it). But I held that energy in my left hand, and moved it that way and I could still "feel" with my right hand but could not control it because the nerves were severed. My left hand (knowledge)could manipulate my energy only to a certain extent.
I knew my right arm had to be connected back to my body so the nerves would regenerate... (I had to re establish the connection with my spiritual, inner energy)
I stuck it back where it belongs and held it there, and had the thought that the nerves were growing back as they should as I was holding it there with my left arm, but that I also needed to go to a doctor (with the knowledge of what to do, I re established connection with my inner energy)...
and if I had not taken the action that I needed to, by asking the doctor(higher consciousness) to assist me, my inner energies would not have connected back properly.....