Archive through March 19, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through March 19, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5527
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you got that right! lol

kathy decker
Advanced Member
Username: kat

Post Number: 441
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hahah-great gig, Mark how did you swing that one?

Horseshoe crabs-I hate the little prehistoric monsters, but I Loove the Jersey shore!

I had a red polka dot bikini-now a black tank suit with leopard trim (still a little racy-plunging neckline and all)

My buddy Billy (the kid next door) and I used to go to those dance contests all the time, even won one. I saw him at my dad's funeral, so sad, he is wearing oxygen tubes thingys and they don't know what is wrong with him.
He was one of the poorest kids in town, his brother just told me Billy recently refused 4 1/2 million dollars, someone wanted to buy his company.

But I digress. Here at Sal's we can be whoever and whatever and whenever we want to be, and right now I am decked out in my red polka dot bikini, svelte hips swiveling along with Billy's dance steps to the song Little GTO.

By the way Buddie, if you are around go up a bit in the posts here-I put some of my artwork on Sal's wall.

Think I'll have another of those umbrella drinkies.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3824
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Little gto beach boys
who's King Kahanamaku?
Mark thats a neat story !!
Thanks kathy I'll go look..
Has one of those umbrella drinkies too :-)

I'm putting of switching my system and
all the work I'll have to focus on

Goodmorning starshine
niddy nob gloopy nee nee low lowdy OOOooo
la la la la Good morning starshine ..
singing a song loven a song sing sing song
song song sing.. singing a song

(Message edited by buddie on February 17, 2007)
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

susi t learn

Post Number: 5529
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the duke:

http://flickr.com/photos/oybay/62036985/

buddie

Post Number: 3826
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wa'_do susi :-)

I Pray he wasen't Fish Food.

Qua da di

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 669
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 6:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, susi t, I DID think of sharks even when I was a kid growing up in Coconut Grove (now part of incorporated City of Miami). Water all around me everywhere... In those days, the water was clear and when you went over the bridges to the beach you could see what was in the water...leopard ray, dolphin, little sting rays, big old fish and once in a while a shark or two. Now, ya can't see nothin' in the water, but I know they still have to be there - somewhere. However, Jupiter has the Grove/Miami area kicked to pieces as far as shark attacks.

Yes, Kathy, your art work is terrific. Meant to comment on it sooner. Keep it up. And keep posting it, too. You and Patricia make me look like a second-grade child artist, so I'll just go on doing it for my own personal amusement - and no, I'm not being humble, just honest.

Too bloody cold here these past few days. This is supposed to be warm, sunny South Florida and it's been down in the upper 30's. Actual freezes throughout most of the state, except the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. Once it hits 40 degrees I pine for someone to buy me a faux fur coat.

Large hot chocolate, please. And stoke up the fire.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ No good deed goes unpunished. ~~

susi t learn

Post Number: 5542
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moon

most of the time we went to lauderdale and hoped for the best. i had an old peugeot (my first car) with a sun roof. it was perfect for the boards to stick out. those were the days of 'real macho' wooden boards. only problem was my buddy had to push me to kick start the car everywhere we went. we'd surf from dawn to dusk. skipped many a school day tohit the beach. aahhh...those were the days.

moonhowler

Post Number: 670
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 3:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yup, what great days they were.Fresh air and sunshine, gentle breezes and mucho negative ions to uplift the soul. Wah! I wanna go home - but I AM home. The town and the people changed, but I'm still here with the ocean and the bay - and 'gators in the 'Glades. What happened to my *home*?

Home is where the heart is, but my home isn't here anymore, so where is my heart? If you find it along your journeys, any of you good folk, please send it back to me.

Warmin' up again today, just a slight chill in the air, so how about a nice root beer float and a bar-be-qued beef sandwich? Care to join me?

buddie

Post Number: 3847
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 5:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Slips in next to moon..you know my all time
favorite is Rootbeer floats..I really wish
I could find Rootbeer popsicles now..
maybe Sal will make some rootbeer ice cubes
for me to chew on :-)

Qua da di

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 461
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just stopping by....I'll have an Irish Coffee, thanks, Sal.

The board has been busy elsewhere, especially The Cabin thread, but I don't want Sal's to close down.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 11446
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Me, either...and I've got jury duty tomorrow and probably won't be around much to post until evening. I was beginning to think I was destined for the Guinness book of records until an hour or so ago--I'm the only person I know who's never once been called for jury duty--! I'll be *60* next month, but somehow I was always excused without even having to report. Isn't that *weird*?!

I'll have a humongous hot chocolate, Sal, with a couple of inches of whipped cream on top. Oh--and a slice of keylime pie How loverly to have a place to hang out where the calories don't count!
"The puppet thinks: It's not so much what they make me do, as their hands inside me..." Charles de Lint

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 465
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 6:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stopping by for a stamin hot bowl of homemade minestrone soup and a bicuit. MMMmm...
Been awfully busy lately, just got the taxes done..
they are tearing down my neighborhood-suddenly, I have a huge yard.

buddie

Post Number: 3941
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Joins Pat and kathy ..
Pinot Grigio Sal ..thanks :-)

kathy..hopefully it dosen't
become like the Joni Mitchel song..
We take Paradise ,put up a parking lot...

Qua da di

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 1830
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pops in, Hi ya'll

Buddie, you think like me. When my neighborhood (Eden Isles) flooded I sang:

They flooded Paradise
and put up a trailer park.

Gotta laugh,eh, Kathy?

Pops back to da pond.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11479
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*LOL* Mama Shine, you made me laugh--and I needed the feel-good brain chemicals that only a laugh can provide today, so Thank You! When things get so bad that it's either laugh or cry, I choose laughter, too.

I'm just yearning for a butter-dripping grilled cheese sandwich with a huge glass of ice cold milk today. kathy, I envy you your finished taxes....this year The Skeptic decided to get tax software and do ours himself and my fingers are crossed SO HARD that he gets it right that I think they're frozen into a crossed position at this point

buddie, I'm thinking I'll have a chilled glass of that pinot grigio with you for dessert
"The puppet thinks: It's not so much what they make me do, as their hands inside me..." Charles de Lint

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11481
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[Pat comes in with some not-very-good but pretty photos of flowering trees from a week and a half ago and tacks them up on Sal's Art Wall]

Here you go--all you folks stuck in cold climes, here's a promise of impending Springtime:

A Camellia and a Jade Tree with a lemon tree in the background.

An ornamental Cherry tree

An ornamental Plum tree

My neighbor's old Pear tree

An out-of-focus Happy Wanderer vine (I'll attempt to focus on the flower rather than the wall next time!

A Mimosa tree in full bloom, by the Lake

A close-up of Mimosa blooms

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 467
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 12:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oooh pretty Pat-just what I need while enduring this arctic blast!
The cherry blossoms remind me of my tree in the front yard-it will be blooming in about six weeks!

Think I will have a hot toddy, just right to take off the chill. I had lunch with my sis today-celebrating a good cat scan-her ovarian cancer is under control for now, she is gaining weight and looking healthy.

No parking lots here, guys, this will all be my yard-state land, nothing can be built on it, it must remain a green space from now on. Part of the provision of the buyout.

Today was a good day.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 1847
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 1:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Evening Patricia and Kathy,

Sal,I want some biscuits dripping with butter and some crisp bacon. Ya'll have grape jelly? Just a glass of milk.

Patricia--(hehehe, I never call her Pat) ahhh Spring is in the air here as well, thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Kathy, Want to hear how big hearted FEMA is? First it was everybody out the trailers Mar. 1st.
I see some folks still in them around my neighborhood and ask my husband about it. He said he heard they were going to let them stay until June, the beginning of hurricane season. Then they have to get out. Guess they don't want to take the chance of a storm coming and blowing those trailers all around. That's just my guess, far be it for me to guess what goes on in the minds of those FEMA folks.

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 472
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 1:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, they are just lovely. Bob across the street just got a $1700 heat bill. Seem the heater FEMA put under the trailer to keep pipes from freezing uses a lot of electricity.
Bob called FEMA to ask for help with the bill, they said, no, lots of people are complaining about the bills, maybe you should have unplugged it.

He paid for the propane to heat the stupid trailer, but FEMA insisted on installing the electric heaters underneath anyway, now poor Bob is beside himself.
The cold weather caused so much condensation in the trailer things were wet, damp and mildewed, even with the heaters.
FEMA AAArgh!

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 474
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 1:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pus a little money in the juke 9" Come a little bit closer, your my kind of man, so big and so strong,")

Now Jose' e was a FEMA guy, but he was hot!!!

lol

Can't kill my good mood today, no matter how i try to rile myself up

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11495
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just went to see "300" and got *SUCH* a shock--Leonidas, the swarthy Spartan king, is none other than one of my favorite actors! He looks SO DIFFERENT in this new movie that the only thing that kept making me think it had to be him was his mouth. For some reason, I notice mouths and teeth. What a pleasant surprise! He even uses an entirely different voice that sounds nothing like his....amazing

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11497
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Meant to post my favorite pic of him out of character, too. What a Scots *hunk*!

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 481
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

mmmhmmm...

Bill wants to go see 300-but I am too sensitive right now, the last thing I can stand is scenes of killing or death.
I need some peppermint tea, al, I have a stomachache.
thanks.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11500
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's comic book violence, kathy--not realistic the way, say, a Martin Scorcese movie is violent. But there's lots of blood, so right now might not be a good time to see it. Hope your tummy feels better by now

buddie

Post Number: 3988
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 6:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll wait for the DVD but geeze..
Thanks Pat.. Ya he's eye candy :-)
I think something went wrong with
'so different' link I didn't see anything?

Qua da di

Jess
Username: jessica

Post Number: 555
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 8:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for posting that about the 300, is it worth seeing? The trailers made me think of lotr on steroids.

Labwork
Intermediate Member
Username: labwork

Post Number: 114
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It made 70 million, broke the March record.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11504
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry that "300" link above didn't work, here's one that should. It shows the digital style of the movie and also the amazing difference between Butler's normal appearance and the way he looks in this film. Would you ever think that was the guy in the hunky image I linked to above?!!!

To see how he looked in character without the digital manipulation (of the film's contrast), go here. If you saw "Sin City" you'll know what I mean about the wild "graphics" look that both movies have.

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 484
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 8:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

He is very hunky.

My tummy is better but I had a night from h*ll. Pretty sure it was gall bladder-I'm on a liquid diet now.
Thanks Sal, no one can beat your vegetable broth.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11506
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oy. kathy, try avoiding ALL fats/oils. If it's your gallbladder, that will straighten you out fast. If you're still upset in 24 hours, it probably wasn't your gallbladder. All that little organ does is to regulate the amount of bile that reaches your stomach and bile is needed to digest oils and fats. If it malfunctions, then even a little fat will really upset your digestion and keep you chained to the bathroom until it clears your system.

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 487
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 1:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, pat that is my plan. i am staying away from fat altogether-I'll see how it goes. So far, so good, I feel fine right now.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11511
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good luck! At least, if it IS your gallbladder, it's not a complex surgery to remove it. And from what I've read, most people don't need to have surgery at all until years after it first begins to malfunction. Simply cutting down on fats does the trick in most cases. Mine was very odd in that it had zero symptoms and died literally overnight.

Labwork
Intermediate Member
Username: labwork

Post Number: 130
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 7:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Saw 300, Gerry did well, but the "social" undertones were a bit much.

moonhowler

Post Number: 675
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 3:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Howdy, all. Been a while since I dropped in. Hope your tummy is better, kathy.

I've been busy, and haven't had time to share my good news with all of you. On February 21, 2007 at 7:13 AM I became a grandma for the first time. Yippee! Boy, weighted 7 lbs, 13 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. His name is Steve. My God, he is a beautiful child. (Every grandma's child is beautiful, of course.) Mom doing fine, though she had to have a C-section because Steve was too big for her uterus. She is a tiny, though sturdy woman. Daddy is sooooo proud. He was in the O.R. and cut the cord. I and Grandpa waited outside the nursery for the debut.

Now he's 10 lbs, and 22 1/2 inches long, and in good health. Here, have a bubble-gum cigar!

Way behind on everything because haven't been online very much. I have zero energy level to begin with, and with new grand baby to visit just too exhausted to do anything but visit, feed Steve, eat and sleep. (He's being breast-fed, but needs supplemental formula.)

Blessings to all. Think of you guys often, even if I can't get to the computer.

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 489
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Congratulations!Love the good news. Enjoy !

buddie

Post Number: 3999
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK moon you promised pictures of your
knitting.. congratulations :-)

Hi kathy.. we have the first Spring
like rain tonight..it's 'tip-tapping'
off the window..I miss that sound during
the winter months..and now my out side
windows will be cleaned :-)

Sal an Irish Coffee please..
and lets listen to some Baby Songs
and watch the Baby's Busy Day DVD
with Granny Moonhowler

Qua da di

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11517
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 9:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Congratulations, moon! He sounds gorgeous. And I wish I had as good an excuse as you do for being behind on everything!

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 490
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello everybody. Since I have to watch my diet, I will have to do all my eating here from now on.

I will have a great big dish of ham and cabbage, with oodles of real butter, and a nice hunk of that soda bread.
How about a tall glass of Guiness to go with it?
mmmmmm...

So, how are we gonna celebrate the coming of spring? Like buddie, here, I enjoyed the warm spring rain, left my car out of the garage so it would wash all the dust off.

The ice is breaking up on the river, and gliding on the fast currant like mini icebergs are large chunks, heading downstream.

We are under a flood watch for now, but it is just minor spring flooding that we have every year. Won't come near the house.

Gonna turn cold again this weekend, maybe even a bit more snow.

I want, of course, to have a spring fling type of party here at sal's.
This time next week-y'all think about it now.

(Digs into the food-this fat-free deal I have going on is getting old already. At least I stil have Sal's)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11523
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What she said!!! Thank the gods for Sal's!

Got some of the lab results already from my test yesterday and my cholesteral is still borderline high. I've decided to try a 3 month regimen of policsanol (not sure I spelled that right), a natural alternative to the statins. If it works, I'm not going on the Lovastatin that my doctor ordered back in November

TheLabRat
Username: thelabrat

Post Number: 960
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patricia, I will be very interested to hear about what results you get from the natural alternative, as I also had (6 months ago) high bad cholesterol, and low good cholesterol.

And, of course, I am NO fan of pharmaceuticals! And I am really scared of the statins.

I wish you luck.

And now, Sal, I would like a cup of chamomile, with a big spoonful of courage stirred in.
"In the end, only kindness matters."

buddie

Post Number: 4005
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 6:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-) Sees L and the girls chatting
runs in (( HUGS )) asks Sal whats
up for the Spring Party at the Cafe..
Good dancing music for sure..
Plays Little village by Van ..you
would like this one kathy :-)

Qua da di

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 493
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Happy St Patrick's Day!

We had a big snowfall here yesterday and last night, think I'll have a bit o'Irish coffee and some toasted soda bread, thank you, Sal.

My nephew is being given a surprise 40th birthday party tonight. Of course we'll be havin the Irish theme, with plenty o'beer and libations, toasts and cheers.

For some reason, we always make our March celebrations coincide with the green day.

Now I'm for thinkin this obsession with the green so close to the first day of spring has a bit o' the pagan in it, what with the Green Man an all.
Sneaky way for the church to keep down the pagans of old by givin 'em their own holiday back, dressed up with a saint.

If you look real careful-like, seems to fit with all the pagan holidays.

Ostara-easter-rebirth

Beltane-Mary, queen of the May-

Samhain-Feast of all souls

Well, you get my drift.

Got a fire blazin on the hearth,and a green candle lit to celebrate the day.

Don't get me wrong, I am proud of my Irish heritage, of the strength and humor and talent of the people who braved the passage to America from their beloved, famine ridden Ireland to make a new future here.

The thing I noticed most while growing up is the humor, bravery, and joy in my mostly Irish family. That and the fact that they just cannot resist playing music and singing when we get together, even if it is just the playin o'the spoons.

I drink to your health when I'm with you,
I drink to your health when I'm alone,
I drink to your health so often,
I'm starting to worry about my own!

Slainte!

Mama Shine

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 3:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for all the Irish !!I'm from Scotch, Irish. English folks--luvs St. Pats Day.

Had a post Katrina set back today but I'm over it. Finally getting around to painting our new garage door the venetian rose color that the rest of the house is trimmed in. I get this vivid flashback of the black spray painted stuff on the old garage door the rescue workers left. Especially the the big X meaning no bodies found inside.

Sal, I want a coke float and some french fries.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11533
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hooray for the Irish! I've got it from both sides, though it's Protestant Scot-Irish on me Mum's and Catholic Irish on me Dad's...I've always thought that explained the fact that they didn't get along and lived their last 40 years or so of marriage separated

Mama Shine, you get a big cyber {{{{{{HUG}}}}}} for the triggering memory--I know what those are like and they're no fun at all. That color sounds beautiful! Out here in CA, we have mostly stucco houses (patchable after earthquakes) and people have taken to painting them the most delectable colors--I love to take long walks in residential areas and admire them

[puts a quarter in the jukebox and plays "Danny Boy" so that we can all have a nice drunken sing-in of sentimental Irish songs--Sal, give me one of those Irish Coffees, please! It's been a rough day (see the cat health thread)]

buddie

Post Number: 4024
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ooooo .. That song Pat has me tearing up..
all down home memories of my parents kitchen
parties..I'll have a glass of O'wine Sal and
Happy St.Patrick's Day to all

Qua da di

Mama Shine

Post Number: 1966
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

On my post up there where I said the X meant no bodies were found in the house, it was the O under the X that meant none were found.

My husband corrected me....yee-haw

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 496
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, mamas-i know how you feel. I went down and looked at the river coming up-we were under a flood watch-and I suddenly was overcome. I was in shock through most of the flood-now it hits me and I realise how awful it was.

Itís easy to be pleasant when life flows by like a song.
But the man worth while is the one who can smile
When everything goes dead wrong.

For the test of the heart is trouble
And it always comes with years.
And the smile that is worth the praises of earth
Is the smile that shines through the tears

I'll toast to that! How about a fine mug o'Guiness!

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 4:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, pass the java Sal..[Sal pours a cup and gives it to me]...thanks...just cream, no sugar....I'm up way too early today. I had an epiphany about my abuse of power and self-rigtheous attitude and I'm all charged up and can't sleep any more. I think I've got to the root of seeing a pattern in my behavior that wasn't necessarily completely dominant, but was a flaw anyway. After reading those Pathwork lectures, I've been working on myself harder than normal. You should check them out Sal. We all have flaws, and we often need spiritual help to uncover them. This morning I woke way too early with a prior experience explained to me about how I had abused power and how it came out of my self-righteous attitude. I'm determined to not abuse my power again.

So, any good news today? What's in this morning's paper? [grabs paper and reads headlines]

Yeah, I'll have another cup of Joe. {Sal pours another cup] It's going to be a long day today Sal, glad you're open. Yeah, I'm feeling kinda lonely and blue right now. No, not a danish for me, thanks anyway for asking. I'm on a diet. Trying to impress a lady...Oh thanks Sal, glad you like the way I look...[sits quietly and stares out into the inky blackness of the early morning] I hope I've done good in this life. Ever wonder about that Sal? [Sal nods her head] Sometimes we just don't know, do we? [Sal agrees]

Well, time for me to get going. [Sal hands me the check] Here's a 10, keep the change. [Sal beams] Have a great day!
What, me worry?

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11546
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry we missed you, dirk! I didn't drag myself out of bed until the Sun was well up The blood sugar drug side-effects are really slamming me today, so I think I'll have one of Sal's miraculous no-carb smoothies to try to rehydrate my poor body. dirk, you could have had a Danish here--Sal's have no nasty old carbs/calories/fat, but they taste like they do! Ditto with her booze--why do you think we do so much of our drinking here?

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks. I'll remember that next time I'm up at an odd hour.
What, me worry?