Archive through April 08, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through April 08, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 824
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 7:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You get the buzzy sort of veil thing happening fort? Then it all settles out and you feel like the waters just got DEEEEEEEP and still!?

All I know is, if I get to that point, I can settle in there for a few moments and pop out of it and I might as well have been asleep for an hour or two. When that wave comes through (and I was thinking today about it and I think I get it mostly in my head, but I think I get some full body stuff with it as well.....but it has a mild electrical quality to it in terms of the sound of the buzz) It almost feels like you are losing consciousness, but you don't.
Or at least I don't.

Well, I was thinking it was a tribe of people on
the African continent, but there could be others who value dream time and treat it like it is something (like the aboriginal Peoples of Australia), not the madness of the mind unleashed onto itself.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 1003
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Absolutely, sounds just like what happens to me that i try to explain to others...a "buzzing" sounds about right, i always call it "waves" cause they sort of rush up in certain patterns and get faster...usually if i just let it go on and on it will put me into sleep paralysis, not asleep at all, but paralyzed.
...no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me, and no matter what they do there will never be another you...

Eminem

Damon
Intermediate Member
Username: damon

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale - The tribe you are referring to is probably the Bwiti of Gabon. There are many cultures around the globe with this belief system. Any culture that practices shamanism believes that the state we are entering into, is just as real as our waking time.

Hale said "I was thinking today about it and I think I get it mostly in my head, but I think I get some full body stuff with it as well.....but it has a mild electrical quality to it in terms of the sound of the buzz) It almost feels like you are losing consciousness, but you don't."

This gave me goose bumps, we are experiencing the same thing. When I'm getting close to this state, I have very short episodes like a blink of unconsciousness. I really notice it while reading at night. Some may say "oh...your eyes are just getting heavy." The difference is the tingle that comes with it. I can't really put it to words.....but you just know.
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

to me it feels like when you cut off your circulation in your neck with your thumbs and then let the blood rush back really quick, but maybe thats just the closest thing I can think of.
...no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me, and no matter what they do there will never be another you...

Eminem

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2630
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, Fort, Damon,
The buzzing is the sound of the root chakra. The electrical sensation in the feeling of interiorization of conscious energy towards the God within. If you can sustain it long enough, your eyes will lock into position towards the third eye, and you should be able to see it (third eye.) That's just my experience. Oh, I usually don't start to see the third eye until the buzzing changes to a loud ringing or roar.

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1610
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fort, I was thinking exactly that. I was choked once until I lost consciousness. As I awoke, I heard a buzzing sound while I traveled through a tunnel of colored lights, then darkeness, then consciousness. I think it may have something to do with an alteration of blood/oxygen flow to the brain. This could be achieved physically as in my case, or could be a by-product of various conscious and sub-conscious meditative practices which would include dreaming. Kind of like how yogi's can control their heartbeat etc...
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2631
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've been choked to unconsciousness and I never had any similar experiences.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1612
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Jeez, SC, quite the pair aren't we ? LOL Yah, I've talked to a couple of people since then. One had the same experience I did. The other did not. I realize it could be attribted to a spiritual experience of sorts, but since I don't believe in that, I always go for the clinical explanation..firing of synapses & such. I'm not saying your explanation is not a valid one..quite the contrary. I would sincerely love to see it the way you do. I used to, and I miss it.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2633
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, Krystal, we are. I've been choked, kicked, thrown against a wall, had a portrait of me knife slashed and thrown on my front lawn, been shot at, and Voodoo cursed. And that's just what comes to mind now. LOL, and that was before I became a martial artist.

Hale

Post Number: 825
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I have felt the root chakra, and this dos not feel as deep as that. This feels more surface related, even though the buzz seems more in the torso.....perhaps higher up.But when I feel the buzzing feeling, it's LIKE I am getting ready to fall asleep, but the "watcher" in me sees this going on and it knows that the brain (not mind) is going through this kind of timed thing, like it has to sit still for say 15 minutes or whatever and then if nothing really happens in the brain or mind, it shrugs and shifts the brain activity. In fact, I think I have always assumed it was a shift in brain wave activity, this buzzing. I always think of a tv station that slowly goes to snow, and then the snow goes away, and then after that, just a blank screen.

I don't get waves, unless the buzzing is waves. It kind of is like this buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, and it builds in intensity some, like a wave.....and then it kind of crashes over me and then I am out beyond the breakers sort of. Then it is calmer.

I always think about horses that have not been broke. They have this built in flight response. They will run about a mile and then they will slow down, come to a stop. It's like that with the brain wave activity. If I just stick with it long enough, the brain will stop running and then figure it is time to go ahead and shift gears.

Verbose as ever.

Well anyway. But fort, I have gotten the paralysis from time to time with this, too. Sometimes it feels like it could result in some projection, or could just drift into dream. Its here where I feel that massiveness yet also very small thing happening. I can get it if I lay there long enough, though.

When I feel the third eye open, it feels just like someone dropped a dime on my forehead. I get this feeling of pressure there. Not so long ago I had something where I knew someone was grasping my head and pressing on my temples hard, and then the third eye area opened up. I saw this flash of green and then blue alternating as if I saw a reflection of my third eye in front of me or in a mirror. After that, I began this weird thing with seeing places then involved in some kind of odd projection thing that was very different from what I have been familiar with. It was doing without trying. Doing without using attention. Weird.

But choking, like you are getting ready to pass out, that approximates the feeling, yes. Except I don't pass out. Not exactly like that but it has a similar feel. Perhaps the closest. To my mind I feel like I am experiencing some feedback loop the brain is trying to do and shifting its gears (energy state) as opposed to the rush of prana rising up through the energy gates or chakras. THAT feels more intense, more colorful. The buzzing to me is more wavy and more black and white, whereas the root chakra is full of color and temperature and all sorts of emotional stuff along with it. I always felt like there is this overlay with the energy state of the energy body and then the nervous system which is connected to the brain. They exist separate, but are connected. They don't always interact with each other even though they feed one into the other. The buzzing from the brain shift is different rom any buzzing I'd get from the energy body. The energy body (aura, for lack of better word) would be broader perhaps.

It is also a similar buzzing sometimes as what happens before projection. Not as heavy or strong, more finer in frequency. Not as heavy, or broad.

If I were rested I am sure I could do this more like haiku, but sadly, no poetry tonight.

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 8:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Hale,, I have very similar energetic experiences to you. Back in 1984, very soon after my enlightenment experience, a non-physical woman would show up during my yoga sessions, when I was lying flat on my back, and she would place her hands on each side of my head such that her palms were on my temples. This is the way that the energy is reinforced. I've done this with other people as well. So, ever since that time, I have the pressure and tingling on my temples and my third eye almost 24/7. If I focus on the energy, the crown and throat chakras light up too. If I think of my one true love, my heart chakra lights up. The energy in my palms is on 24/7 also. I have also felt this energy in the soles of me feet. As for the root chakra, sometimes when I'm about to take a nap, that chakra will turn on, and boy is it intense! That's a sensitive area down there, and the intensity of the tingling and pressure are enough to pop me back to waking consciousness. I can only sometimes learn to relax into it, and then I may have an OBE or other experience.

I once had a red man show up while taking a nap and place his hands on my head like that. The next thing I saw was the universe with all the galaxies. I exclaimed "oh my god!", and he said "actually, God is a woman." Yeah, well I do feel that way sometimes...

Anyway, enough sharing for now.
What, me worry?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1292
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 8:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I get the paralysis too, but for me I become completely energized, like there's an intense energy field around my body. Good stuff usually happens at that time too. I don't get there very often though.

I'm just so busy with other aspects of my life that I can't focus on this very often. It's enough that I can meditate every day. This morning was good, a full hour I think. I felt the energy in my legs today, which was nice. I also have this emotional experience where I'll think "peace" and energy will radiate from my solar plexus, the location of the soul, and completely engulf my entire body. nice.
What, me worry?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2635
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 9:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It amazes me how we all perceive differently. I get into an in between sleep state where I see black and white patterns, too. I've also had the watcher experience where some aspect of me observes my body sleeping.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The spirit world is a subjective world, meaning that everyone has a different experience of it. This physical reality is an objective world, where everyone has the same experience. According to the Pathwork guide, this physical world is the only place where souls of different development have the same experience of their environment. In the spirit world, only souls of the same development share an environment. The environment is a reflection of their development, in other words. The reason this physical world is such an intense learning experience is because we can't tell just by looking at someone, by judging their physical characteristics, the relative development of the person. So, we have to use our ability to discern and reason and feel in order to differentiate a higher soul from a lower one, as well as use those abilities to determine which person is expressing a higher or a lower truth. When we go into our spiritual, non-physical worlds, we all have mostly different experiences that are a reflection of our development and of our thoughts and feelings, that's why we appear to perceive differently in the spirit worlds.

According to the Guide, once a soul achieves a certain level of development, they are then able to perceive the worlds lower than the one they are in, but not the higher ones. They are eventually able to travel to these other worlds also, on a mission for example. I have had experiences where I was out of my body, or having a lucid dream, where I could touch things that I could not see. It's not something I'm used to doing, so it was frightening to me at the time.
What, me worry?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The Buddhists also believe that the spirit world is subjective, according to a friend who is a religious scholar.
What, me worry?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2640
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now that I think about it, I associate that black and white geometric patterns with having a childhood operation under ether, and also with some alien experiences.

Hale

Post Number: 833
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 6:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The feeling of black and white is less about seeing them and more a "feel" I guess. It feels like static electricity, and I guess I interiorize it as being in black and white.....I don't know why. Static on a tv perhaps? When the wave comes it does not feel like a shimmering emerald wave (unlike other things I could imagine) but is a pretty normal buzzzzzz that will build in amplitude until O cross over and it kind of fades.......away. Just FEELS black, white and gray to me. I'm weird like that.

I suppose we all interiorize things differently.(Hey, its gotta be a word, Bush used it just last week!)

It IS subjective, Dirk. Heaven starts NOW. So does Hell. You choose. Only we can make ourselves truly happy in that scenario (each person is responsible for their happiness).

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 7620
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very odd 9/11-like dream. I just thought I would "note" it.

There was confusion, frantic searching inside a building for "the package," and finally an explosion, followed by a fire. All of this "timed" to a specific, planned moment.

It seemed as though this took place inside a hospital, and that certain materials—possibly from the radiology department—were included inside this "package," which was then exploded. The affect of this was to create a "dirty bomb."

The particular man who knew about this came to me and was very insistent that whoever was behind this "not be allowed to get away with it." I don't know who he was, but he seemed somehow discarnate—a previous victim of a similar, planned action perhaps.
"The science of the sacred uses not 'belief' but 'The Question' as its instrument. The more powerful 'The Question,' the deeper the insight."

dirkwright

Post Number: 1317
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale said:

"It IS subjective, Dirk. Heaven starts NOW. So does Hell. You choose. Only we can make ourselves truly happy in that scenario (each person is responsible for their happiness)."

I assume you mean the non-physical worlds are subjective. Of course this planet is about choosing, that's why it's such a powerful teaching device. I agree we are each responsible for our happiness.

That's a troubling dream Thomas. I hope it's not a premonition of a dirty bomb going off in a hospital.
What, me worry?

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 7625
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Almost certainly it's "just a dream"—sort of like Freud's "cigar."

But I thought I'd mention it anyway.
"The science of the sacred uses not 'belief' but 'The Question' as its instrument. The more powerful 'The Question,' the deeper the insight."

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1618
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The geometric shapes are interesting. My oldest daughter was plagued by nightmares as a child. She would see colored geometric shapes that would touch her. She said the texures bothered her very much and she'd end up trying to escape these geometric textured shapes.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 116
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a couple of very short dreams last night.

In the first I saw a space shuttle riding piggyback on a big plane and pieces of it were flying off the back. I was on a bike and was chasing down the debris. I came to what looked like baseball cards all over the ground and when I picked one up there was a picture of a man with short brown hair parted to one side. I turned the card over and there was a list of names on the back. I tried to focus on the names but they became unreadable. I looked up again and larger chunks were flying off. I got on my bike and started towards were one had landed near a pool. They was a large group of people there and I could not get close enough to get a look. That is all I could remember.

second one I was being shown some type of device. It was a large metallic ring about three feet across. A small box was attached to one side of the ring on the outside portion of it. Within the ring was some sort of material that looked like a black mirror except that it moved ever so slightly like water. Someone behind me reached forward and passed their hand effortlessly through the material. They said to me "see how easy you can pas through it, now if we apply a current watch what happens" With this a felt a slight vibration and the material stopped moving, solidifying immediately. The same hand reached out and struck the material showing me how solid it had become. That's all I can recall on that one too.

I've had this type of dream before, I call them teaching dreams. I find them to be one of my favorites.
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2646
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've seen the black and white geometric shapes, and on a rare occasion, geometric patterns that look like stained glass. I've heard the stained glass thing called a "meander."

Krystal,
Do you recall if you daughter didn't like the texture of the shapes, or, didn't like the feeling of the vibrations that came with them?

Damon,
I hope your dream isn't prophetic.

Hale

Post Number: 838
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Drik, I mean heaven is not a place. It is a state of being. So hell now, or heaven now, or places inbetween. The Kingdom is not quite what I had been told as a kid. There is another world, but I suspect we have to wed it to NOW in order for things to work right. Not subjective, but if it is, then it is all subjective. Sure, we all look at the same sun.......but how do you know unless you truly see behind another's eyes, and still you are filtering through your own if you see through them, so you really never know, do you?

Damon, that was wild! I'd say that the dream of the watery disc, that would be where a new invention would emerge! It reminds me of Faraday waves being passed through a mixture of water and....corn starch (I think). What it does is pretty amazing. You can induce all manner of odd looking waves to shape the surface of the material. I have a friend with a video of it. It is a dry engineering video, but pretty interesting, too. I'll see if he still has the link. He has the vid on his computer.

I am a believer in teaching dreams. I know they exist. As a kid I used to have all manner of them. I was taught how to ride a bike, and later about sex when I hadn't a clue about it. I also saw things, toys mostly, in dreams that would later come to market. In one dream, it was so vivid and real that I wound up looking under my bed upon waking to try to find the box that had the doll in it that was translucent enough to show all the inner body parts. I wound up putting one of these "Visible Men" together a few years later in our living room. Those were the days. I'd like to think I am still teachable.

.....and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :-) Interesting dream, there, Thomas.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1324
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 7:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, of course heaven is a state of being, or consciousness, as is hell. From what I have read, all realms of being are subjective, including the entire range from the darkest hell to the brightest heaven, except for this place we call Earth. Earth is the school where intense learning takes place. Certainly, there are fine nuances between each person's perception here on the Earth plane, but what I am trying to say is that these differences are minute compared to the vast differences in the other realms. In this Earth, your physical reality is not an immediate reflection of your state of consciousness, nor does it change as your state of consciousness changes. There is a long delay and a very limited range of possible change in your immediate environment here on Earth, whereas my understanding is that in these other realms, your environment changes immediately as your thoughts and feelings change. Not only that, thoughts and feelings are actual things in these other realms, things you can interact with and that take on a life of their own in your own little world there.

Of course we are taught through our dreams. I would say that's normal, not unusual. I've worked with the empty force, as well as levitating objects, in lucid dreams. I know what it feels like to levitate and move objects with my mind because of these dreams. I know what it feels like to fly through the air like a bird because of dreams. Of course, I've learned about mundane things too through dreams. Dreams are where we can get help from the spirit world more easily than otherwise and they know it.
What, me worry?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I should add that we, as incarnated beings, of course create these thought and feeling forms while incarnated, but we just don't see them until we dream about them at night. We also can't see the thought and feeling forms of others while incarnated, at least not unless the person possesses special psychic ability.
What, me worry?

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5784
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

last night i dreamed i was out back and saw a light travel really fast across the sky. my friend's daughter was there and i asked her if she saw that? i said it was too low and fast for something normal. next i saw a huge craft in the sky, pretty close to being over my house. it was about as large as my house and yard and reminded me of a space station-not all smooth and shiny, but very rough with all kinds of bells and whistles. it reminded me of a waffle, with all these little 'cells'.

then i was out front and hard something. i ran back to the patio and the craft had crashed into the back of the house. i immediately went to get bryn and sent him to a neighbor.

then i went back to access the damage. (i seemed to be more concerned with the damage and how it would get fixed than having a ufo in my yard. lol)

the next thing i remember is being across the street at a store trying to tell someone about what happened and asking about insurance. then i went back home and there was a humongeous truck in the yard with tons of people wandering around-they were 'cleaning' up the sight, getting rid of the evidence of a ufo. a young man was heading this all up and i was bytching at him about the damage and how everyone should know about this craft. i think he made a subtle threat at me. i can't remember the rest of the dream.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh wow, what a cool dream susi!
What, me worry?

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5787
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh, i just remembered another piece of it...

when the thing crashed, i took a photo of it. later, after the 'clean up' crew had been there awhile, i realized i had the camera and went to get it but they had already searched my house and taken it.

i don't know how cool this dream was dirk, it seems i was more p*ssed about the damage than awed by the fact that a ufo crashed into my house.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I thought it was cool anyway!
What, me worry?

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1620
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 6:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC..I don't know. It was the texture she always complained about, but I will ask her.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 117
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had another teaching dream last night…….I think.

It begins with me standing in front of two entities. They were an odd looking bunch that is for sure. They were about 3 to 4 feet tall, their skin was loose and a yellowish/tan color. Their eyes were dark with no visible pupils, large and bulbous with eyelids. They were wearing some type of clothing but I can’t recall the details at this time. The funny thing is the reminded me of chickens.

They are facing each other and looking at me. They one to my right is holding a weapon of some sort that resembles a shotgun. They one to my left is surrounded by a translucent, shimmering orb. Within the structure of the orb I see colors of predominantly magenta with a small hint of lavender. The entity within the orb turns to the other and nods his head. His partner then raises the weapon and fires at point blank range. I’m stunned by the action and reach out and grab the weapon from him. I turn to look at his friend in the orb who is just staring at me. I see he is just fine and can see multiple impact points of the shot. Everywhere a projectile hit the orb it is glowing gold. I walk up to the orb and can see the projectiles stuck in the orb. They are crystalline looking spheres, a dozen or so. The entity that had fired the shot communicates to me that the spheres weaken the field enough for you to pass through it. I step forward through the field and as I do my vision blurs. I stand inside the orb for a moment and then step back out. Something happens and the orb dissolves into a lump at the entity’s feet. He reaches down and grabs a piece of the material. He tells me this is the state it takes on when the material looses a large portion of its energy. It looks like silly putty and the colors I saw earlier are very bright now. I also see a small hint of light blue along with the magenta and lavender. One of them tells me it can be used as a weapon in this state. That it magnifies the kinetic energy upon impact in an order of magnitude. He hands me a golf ball sized piece and instructs me to throw it at a structure we are now in front of. The wall of the structure looks to be made of metal. I reach back and through it with everything I have. It hits the wall and seems to liquefy the metal for an instant. I can see ripples in the metal radiating out from the point of impact. I suddenly find myself inside the structure, watching from the inside as the impact happens. I see the same rings and the metal is stretched about four feet and then solidifies again. I’m back outside now and the entities are standing together staring at me. They communicate to me again………”do you understand now?” I nod my head and wake up.

firestarter
Username: firestarter

Post Number: 95
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 8:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

GREAT dream Damen, thanks for sharing it!
I love teaching dreams.

I had a dream back in 1989 or so....I was homeless and always had this really deep desire to GO HOME.
But, even when I was at a home I wanted to GO HOME.
The very day I got intot he YWCA and laid down in my new bed I had a dream...in the dream I was asleep and something woke me up... I was drawn to the window, looked out and saw Jesus up in the sky.
Children were running to him....all arms were outstretched.
I filled up with joy and looked to someone and yelled "it's time to go home!!!"
I guess after that dream I quit with the yearning to go home, now understanding it.
"Who knows?" "We'll see."

zabel
Username: legolas

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Awwh, now the post where susi told Grace she was too honest is gone.
lol
All will love Waxy and DESPAIR.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

firestarter - I've had similar experiences, not quite the same, but similar. There are times when I see a photo of a coastal city and I feel this great desire for somewhere like that. Like I've been away from home for a very long time and need to get back. Especially pictures where the land descends into an azure blue ocean rather steeply. Where the houses are mostly single level, packed tightly together, with narrow streets. Just typing this is making me home sick.

chriscrd
Username: chriscrd

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 1:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

last night, i had a dream experience that troubled me...always have weird ones, but this one really shook me and affected how my day went, i felt 'disturbed' all day long...first part of it, i had an ex-girlfirend, or whatever you want to call her, someone i was recently involved with...in the 'dream' she kept calling and leaving messages on an answering machine, mind you in the dream it was not my house, phone or answering machine...she left repeated messages about everything that is wrong with me, how i would never be good enough and how she is better than me and how i will never be successfu...it was as if i heard my subconscious speaking to me, my fears and anxieties speaking to me...and i just kept listening, mortified, never answering the phone or turning off the machine...

the second part of the 'dream' is where it got scary...suddenly, i was back in my own bedroom, as if i had woken up for real, and kept hearing a deep robotic voice...in fact, i think i did actually awaken at one point to make sure where the sound as coming from, my head or an outside source...and it kept going...i do not remember what it was, but it did say several times 'my son, my son'...my father is still very much alive in the real world...then i was shown my actual alarm clock...which is a small digital, foldeable alarm clock, next to my bed and the only one in the room...the display is hard to see actually, but in this 'dream' i was told to look at this clock...and instead of the time/date/room temperature, it was displaying messages...words and sentences...and somehow i was told it was important...but, i do not remember anything that it said, but i did wake up troubled and had a feeling of fear and anxiety all day, which i usually do not...i have seen all sorts of things in my sleep, but this time it shook me for some reason...

chriscrd

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 1:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon, once in a while i see that also...this life near the sea/ocean...your description sounds mediterranean, like some of the coastal communities in greece...

i also wake up feeling homesick...

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 119
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 6:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting, any particular part of Greece, so I can Google it?

I think you had a teaching dream. Don't be too alarmed that you don't remember everything in your conscious mind. I believe the bulk of the training we receive through dreams is meant for our subconscious minds. I say this but it still bothers me when I have a dream that I know was important and can't recall it.

chriscrd

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon, google some pictures of Mykonos, its a greek island...your description reminded me of there...

chriscrd

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 9:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i think it was some sort of teaching dream also...the first part, the part with the answering machine was my fears and insecurities coming out that i went through with that person and how she treated me...i just wish i remembered what i was show on the clock in the second part...

Ldyhawk369
Advanced Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 361
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I hope someone else has had one of these. I was dreaming and it was a darker dream meaning everything seemed in a shadow. I was in New Mexico and so was my older daughter,her husband and my 5 grandkids. We decided to go out on front porch. I looked up and in the sky was a floating miniature version of the earth, about the size of a beach ball ,behind it was a transparent version. It floated to just above my head and I put my arms up and touched it with both hands, it felt mossy ,sponge-like it was green and turquoise blue. I felt wonder and awe, no fear at all. It stayed awhile then started to rise up again and floated out of sight. the dream ended but I became aware of my body vibrating inside at a high rate of speed and thought wow this feels incredible, but then realized that I was awake, not opening my eyes though and just lay there amazed at what I was feeling, it gradually slowed down then ended. It was incredible!!!

Hale

Post Number: 886
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ladyhawk, that was just great!

My dreams are taking on an amazingly vivid feel to them as of late. Some of them seem to strike to the core of me as I go through an inner waking process of something that is energetic in nature, related to an opening of my energy centers...

I had a really bad bad dream that involved creatures coming out from everywhere and the person I was with (as a protector) was being pursued by them. I don't want to repeat it, but its over on.....the MC / Visitor experience thread. There was more to it than mentioned, but I just can't go into it again. I am over it, but part of it is finding the right mental space when thinking about it. I'm flagging and that is not a good time to be talking about that stuff.

Now these kinds of dreams, they shook me up, and in the midst of this, I was getting some impressions from a range of sources....people. Some of them were not good. In waking.

Then, after all of this I had this dream.....

I was in an arcade. The most vile things were happening as the content of these video games. It was very clear that the arcade was the physical, along with all the bad things we do to each other sometimes....and the bad things I have recently seen (I feel). I was also watching the things I cared about once, leaving me. MY life was being emptied.

Then I felt this warm golden presence in the middle of the room. I did not see anything except I discerned that something was there, and it was IN me as well as IN the room.

There manifested a loaf of bread. It was a small loaf. Yes, it was yeast. NOw this loaf had the same energy as the Presence in the room and in me. I knew they were the same.

I then heard the thought: "Out of the One; Many. Out of the Many, One."

The loaf was suddenly cut into pieces. I took a piece and ate. Suddenly there were others who were eating. I knew that this eating was a recognition that the bread was the Source of all life. But it was also clear that the bread was just shorthand for getting the idea across, a metaphor. Then, once everyone had eaten, the loaf which had been cut down some, was suddenly whole. This was the part of "Out of many; one."

I knew at this point that we are all wedded to this Source, and that I knew where this source was.....inside of us. Also that for as often as the source divides itself, it still remains whole, and that wholeness, then, is available to ALL of us. When you tap the Source, you tap everything. A giant library perhaps, or sea of being. I include every particle in this, not just sentient beings.

When I woke up, I felt like I had just had it!
I was tired of people connecting to me, using my energy. I knew somehow that this was true. I found myself bringing my energy into myself and as I did this, there was this surge I had not felt in a while. It was grounding while at the same time it connected me to this feeling from the night before. I felt like I had been spread way out for so long, and finally realized it all comes through me. I guess I always knew this, even lived it, but it served as a reminder.....and also as a way to protect myself internally. As long as I kept mindful of this connection, I could never get lost, even in the midst of all the vile crap going on around me. I have noticed that as I see things in the world going to heck in a handbasket, I have been focusing on this connection more and more. It has a deep sense to it. Endless perhaps.

I guess I knew this, but I guess you create connections that are not always for the best?
There is one connection right now that I know is best, and with it, I keep my attention on it always. Come what may. :-)
Guarantees? Never. Possibilities? Always.

Hale

Post Number: 887
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 12:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

BTW: this would also would fit in neatly with a definition of a hologram. All parts are contained in every other part. Cleave off one part and the pieces have all the parts of the larger portion and vica versa.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 12:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The omnipresent Virtue will take shape
According only to the Way.
The Way itself is like some thing
Seen in a dream, elusive, evading one.
In it are images, elusive, evading one.
In it are things like shadows in twilight.
In it are essences, subtle but real,
Embedded in truth.

From of old until now,
Under names without end,
The First, the Beginning is seen.
How do I know the beginning of all,
What its nature may be?
By these!

- Tao Te Ching

Compucius say...
Intermediate Member
Username: auriga560

Post Number: 101
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 1:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So weird - last night I had a dream that Don Imus had died ... and then today we were in a pizza restaurant and there was Imus's face all over the tv about something racist he had said - I made mention of this to my girlfriend and we both thought how weird this was.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Billy Joel - "Only the good die young"

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale - very interesting teaching dream. There are two aspects of your dream that I believe are important.

1) I hope everyone fully understands this "Out of the One; Many. Out of the Many, One."
We are all connected!

2) Although I believe fully believe the above statement. I never put 2 and 2 together as to why my own dreams have been more negative lately. I too have been more focused on the bad things going on in the world thereby attracting those negative energies into my subconscious thought.

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Great dream, Hale! Packed chock full of essential vitamins and archetypes! Keep the Faith, Brother. . .

I had an interesting one night before last. I was with three other people sneaking into a Tibetan Buddhist temple to "steal" something. We were stealing this thing with the knowledge and blessing of the monks including one who, in my ignorance of Tibetan religious customs, I refer to in my mind as the "chief monk." During the sneak-in, we saw the monks whose approval we had, but they were pretending not to notice us and we were trying not to be too overt to their eyes. We were taking this thing in order to protect it, I don't know from what. The odd thing is, there was no object in the dream to symbolize what we were taking. We snuck in and we left with the understanding that we had what we'd come for, but there was no object.
"Scientific progress goes boink?"
--Hobbes

Hale

Post Number: 888
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, Bran.......do I dare say its the journey not the destination?

I think the dream helped put some things into perspective. I needed it. :-)

dirkwright

Post Number: 1742
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 7:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bran, maybe you left with a learning, with some knowledge, instead of some object? Maybe it was a lesson in following orders from higher spirits regardless of what you thought about those orders?
What, me worry?

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 56
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, I suspect you and I would both dare to say that.

Dirk, I feel certain that it is some knowledge, though I have no idea what. An important element is that somehow we were taking this thing to protect it and I don't know what that means.

I don't think that this dream had much to do with following orders and I would need quite a few lessons to convince me of the appropriateness of completely surrendering my own judgement.
"Scientific progress goes boink?"
--Hobbes