Archive through March 20, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through March 20, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5624
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sometimes i wonder just where in the heck those dreams come from. one that has had me puzzled is one i seemed to be 'observing'.

i saw a young woman in a small apartment bedroom. the details were so vivid. i could see the old paint on the door. she was hanging up a dress or housecoat on a metal hook. she had a bandana on her head. she turned to look at me, sadly. i realized she had cancer and that she was bald. end of dream. i always wondered who she was.

quigs
Username: astralgazer

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a doozy of a dream the other night. It was like Miarees's experience of viewing it through another persons eyes. I was a woman living in southern CA with my husband. We lived in a high rise on one of the top floors. I don't remember all of it but I remember seeing the suns rays hit the earth and they somehow caused a really bad earthquake. I looked down from my apartment and saw that the street below was all cracked and cars were overturned. I knew immediately that I had to get out of the area. I yelled to my husband to start packing. I was in the midst of packing when I happened to look at myself in the mirror. There was something stuck in the middle of my forehead. I kept trying to pull it out and it wouldn't come out. There were also blister-like things all over my face. Then I walked over to my husband to show him and he was whispering to someone on a cell phone. I leaned closer to hear what he was saying and he kept repeating, "Wake up April, wake up April." I then woke up out of a dead sleep, scared out of my mind.

I kept getting the feeling that I was being shown something and that the entity showing me these things was still communicating with me after I woke up. I screamed inside my head for it to leave me alone and then it communicated to me that my life was not my own. I didn't know whether to classify this as a dream or a visitor experience. I ended up waking my husband up because I was petrified. The overall impression I got of the dream was that very bad things were going to happen when the suns rays hit the earth. I also remembered the earth being very brown after everything happened and that the only safe place would be my parent's lake cabin in Minnesota. Ironically I just watched The Core for the first time last night and boy did that give me chills. If you've ever watched it you'll know why.
"There may be a better world coming babe but what if this is the only one?" Ethan Daniel Davidson

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1573
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This is interesting to me. I have these psychic phases that I go through. When one is about to start I also have dreams of living other people's lives. It's kind of tiring because I live a life in the day of one person then I wake up and live a life in the day of solid me. After a couple of weeks, I'm just exhausted.

I tend not to talk about this much, but one of things the aliens did when teaching me, was juxtapose my spirit into other people. Usually it was the present, but some were past and future. Now I kind of wonder if that was simply to get me used to it so I could easily do it in the normal dreamtime and perhaps that would condition me for the heightened psychic phase in waking reality. Quigs, you were trying to pry something out of the center of your forehead..which might indicate 3rd eye activity..psychic awareness.

I've also had dreams about future sun activity. I know this sounds really weird but in my dream they told me to gain weight and allow my pets to gain weight because excess fat somehow helps to protect the body from solar radiation and effects on the nervous system. Not completely of course but it helps they said.

Yes the core is a pretty good movie. I usually only watch it when I am in a ticked off at the world kind of mood. LOL I change the ending in my head so everybody dies. I love the hacker kid in the movie.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

quigs

Post Number: 1383
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder, KGP, if there isn't something to that weight gain theory. The other day I was getting upset that I haven't lost more weight since I started exercising. I was getting real down on myself when this voice in my head said not to get upset about it because you'll need it. Isn't that crazy/weird? I don't know what all of this means but when people have the same thoughts and dreams there has to be more to it.

I kept asking the being what was the purpose in showing me all of that crap. It basically relayed to me that I need to survive. Why? I'm not a scientist or a Doctor. Why does it matter if I survive? I have a good heart and I'm a good leader but I can't bring much more than that to the table. Dunno, it's enough to make a person drink. I can tell you that. This is the second time in less than 3 months that I've had a dream of this nature and I'm really starting to wish I hadn't been born in these times. I guess there must be a reason for it.
"There may be a better world coming babe but what if this is the only one?" Ethan Daniel Davidson

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1574
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm thinking there might be. When sun spot 930 was flaring up, several of us on the board were complaining about our appetites. We were binging terribly all at the same time. That is when I had the dream. It's on the PST. Perhaps our bodies understood what needed to be done.

I have a hunch, when reduced to pure survival, scientists won't be of much use. Doctors perhaps. The attorneys can all die LOL What will be of use are people like yourself. People who can direct small groups and understand what is really going on, teach them how to survive and keep them as calm as possible. This may sound odd but I have a hunch that the ability to keep people calm and relaxed, show them reason, will be one of the largest needs in a survival situation. Definitly don't drive them to drink LOL That can make the situation a whole lot worse ! Stick with weed. haha Weed has medicinal properties too. Alcohol is only good for pouring on wounds, not ingesting.

I'm kind of in a nether world with my beliefs right now. Actually, I don't believe in anything anymore. Everything I say on the board that is either alien or spiritual related I am merely saying what I would have said a year ago when I did still believe in things. So, I would have said, " Our spirits choose when to be born and what our genetic tendencies will be. Even though we don't remember it, we must acknowledge we chose it, and do the best we can trusting that our unencumbered spirit made the correct decision and for a very good reason."

I don't like living in this time either. Oh I think I could handle the earth changes, I just can't handle the people who dominate this time. The politics and such. I just don't like the human race much at all really. Screwed up priorities. The cult of false pretense. It also seems to me that our level of technology has exceeded the rate of our own evolution. Well at least for women 40+. BUT.. since believing in nothing leaves me somewhat bereft, I try to follow the idea of what I used to believe in just to keep me sane. If I am alive when this situation hits, I will carry out the duties I believed in before because at the very least, it's something to do LOL
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

quigs

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It also seems to me that our level of technology has exceeded the rate of our own evolution. Never a truer statement has been uttered KGP. Mind if I use that on my signature line?

Last night I started crying thinking about all of this. I believe we are on the tip of the iceberg and that darker times are to come. I don't know that I have the emotional fortitude to wade through the muck ahead. I have always considered myself a strong person but I am beginning to doubt that. It reminds me of The Neverending Story. Remember The Nothing? The invisible entity that takes hope away, even from the strongest of beings. But I will wade through it all for my nieces, nephews and little brother. They are my source of hope and our future.

susi t learn

Post Number: 5638
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i believe those who are alive at this time are here for a reason. i believe we chose to be. k's right, there will be those who will facilitate others through the changes.

i for one inspite of all the crap that is to come down, am excited about mother earth finally being healed and myself and others finally evolving/vibrating to the next level. the level where we are meant to be. i look at it as a positive.

susi t learn

Post Number: 5639
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i wish gabriel strange was on the board...i'd be interested to see what he thought of my kid's dream.

miaree9
Advanced Member
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 496
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, did you know that GWS is back? He posted to his thread on March 4, so maybe you will get to ask him about Bryn's dream after all.

susi t learn

Post Number: 5643
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

miaree, i went back and there were no posts on the 4th. ???

miaree9

Post Number: 502
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, go to the UFOs, Ufology & the Unexplained section of the board and see the thread titled "GabrielWarlockStrange." Scroll down to March 04, 2007 and you should find his posts. Sorry if I was as clear as mud earlier.

susi t learn

Post Number: 5645
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

okey dokey!

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 8:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'd be honored quigs! It's truly something our species needs to think about, but they won't. LOL

susi... When I was 8 years old I had a dream that is very very similar to your son's dream.

I read the account of your son's dream right after you posted it, but I hesitated on posting.

The condensed version is me finding a box on a polluted river. I take the box home and to my room. I open it and find many flat pieces to a puzzle. The instructions say that it is a time machine, and they read a lot like Alice in Wonderland. Similar cadence and symbologies I mean. (which incidently I had not read at age 8)

I began to construct the time machine, but it was merely a flat puzzle. When complete, it was a symbol, and the symbol was the two dimensional interpretation of time travel in the 3rd and of course 4th dimension.

I woke up chanting "non-Euclidean logic" over and over. At age 8, I had no idea who "Euclid" was... but... I grok it. I completely understood what it meant. I'll tell you something, I never saw the world the same way again after that. I walked to the bus for school that day and everything looked different. I was completely changed for life..and although I think it could have been a great gift, for me...it did'nt work out very well. I was never able to function the way people thought I should. I enjoy the way I perceive things, but I've had to learn to hide it from society. Seldom successful at hiding it.

I've had similar dreams since then, more complex each time. Your son is lucky to have you for a mom. The experience for me was quite solitary. Oh and I don't think like everyone else either. Difficult to tell perhaps on a message board, but if you knew me in person, you'd understand.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1582
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 8:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh and.. the dream your son had also bears a striking resemblance to the book/movie "Contact". You should let him see the movie.

susi t learn

Post Number: 5649
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 9:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i will. thanks. i instinctively had an idea this wasn't a 'pizza dream'. lol

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quigs, you mentioned The Neverending Story. My favorite movie of all time.. except I avoid watching it because I always cry. lol Yah I know...it seems almost sane to allow yourself to give up and sink into the swamp of sadness or let the nothing take you in a world like this. I'm too tired to be of much use. At least that's how I feel. But..we will rise to the occasion. It's part of our genetic make-up we can't escape.

susi, if he's having dreams of this nature, you have an intriguing kid on your hands. How old is he ?

susi t learn

Post Number: 5651
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

he's 34. he has alot of animal dreams. they're very symbolic...about initiation and cleansing.

he also has precognitive dreams. once he woke up worried about his dad and called him to tell him to stay away from school buses. he dreamed he got in a wreck. he had to leave a message 'cause his dad wasn't home.

he called later to say a school bus backed into him. but he was ok. the psychic stuff started after his head injury.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1585
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's interesting. I had a serious head injury when I was about 31. I have almost no memory of the entire year before or after except I went into an enhanced psyhic phase. It lasted about 3 or 4 years. I also had an increase in animal dreams. The largest part of them being buffalo, killer whales, turtles, and birds of prey.

This is fascinating to me. It would seem our head injuries gave us similar effects. Cool. It's always so exhilarating to find out about a person who has experienced the same thing you have. Give him a kiss on the cheek for me !

susi t learn

Post Number: 5652
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

okey dokey. :-)

miaree9

Post Number: 518
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I mentioned this on Saturday's chat and thought I would post it here. Several nights ago, I had a lucid dream in which my late husband came to visit me. That, in itself, was not unusual. I frequently am visited in lucid dreams by loved ones who have passed. What made this dream unusual was that my husband was brought to visit me by a fastwalker (UFO). Most curious.

quigs

Post Number: 1390
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 5:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anyone been having bad nightmares lately? I've had two in the last week that woke me up from very deep sleeps. I haven't woken up from a dream in over a year or more than all of the sudden it happens twice in a week. Think I'll take some Nyquil tonight to ensure that I sleep the night through. Just curious if there are any common threads.
"Our level of technology has exceeded the rate of our own evolution." Krystal Gale Potter

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3997
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi quigs..
Perhaps now is a good time to add my
unusual dreamlessness..I..up until
3 months ago was a highly vivid dreamer.
Which I enjoy..then I had a series of
dreams?? which I've had before except
this time once they were over I'm left
with vague images..rarely color and barley
any memories of dreaming at all..
It bothers me..In the past once these
dreams ended I would bounce back to my
normal dream state..
Has anyone gone through a period like this?
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

Damon
Intermediate Member
Username: damon

Post Number: 110
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 9:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quigs - my dreams shifted to a chaotic realm about three months ago. Just about every time I dream it is something negative. I am happy to say I seem to be coming out of it lately. Not sure what is causing this. I must say it is quite a change from the other realms I tend to visit.

The other night I dreamt I was a soldier working with a small group of 6 to 8 other soldiers. Our uniforms were sand colored. We were trying to take a tower or tall platform. Another soldier was telling me after we took this, the rest of the city would fall. It was very foggy or smoky as we climbed up the face of the structure. The fog/smoke was very dense and shrouded the top. One of the men climbed up ahead of the rest of us. We continued our climb behind him and soon could see him stopped just below the top. He made a motion with his hand that during the dream I understood but can’t recall now. He went up and over the top, we paused for a bit listening and watching each other. The rest of us went over the top and were immediately meet by a much larger force of soldiers, they were dressed in black. The first of our group over the top was being restrained by two men. One was pointing a gun at his head and telling us to drop our weapons or he would die. We refused and stood with our weapons trained on them. Another man emerged through a door behind them and made the request again, same answer. He pointed to the man with the gun to our friends head and said something and the trigger was pulled. At this point in the dream things seemed to go in slow motion for a few seconds. As everyone started to fire I rose out of the body I was in and became a spectator. Floating above it all, watching the chaos below, bullets flying and men falling on both sides. It was over fairly quickly, we had lost. The man who had given the order to shoot was talking to another man. He was saying that someone would be rewarded for this information. Things go into slow motion again and I enter the body of one of the soldiers in black. The remaining soldiers of their force are all in front of me bent over stripping the bodies of my team. I raise this soldier’s weapon and point it at them. The leader turns to me and yells, “what are you doing?” I say nothing and open fire, killing them all. I stand for a minute looking at all the bodies and then I wake from the dream.
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

quigs

Post Number: 1391
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon that was quite the dream. It sounded very intense and realistic. Almost like a first person shooter video game. Is that what it felt like to you? To tell you the truth I kinda like the dreams where I'm wielding a weapon and I'm going after "bad" guys. I usually wake up feeling empowered. Not like my most recent nightmares that left me feeling powerless.

Buddie I've had periods of dreamlessness and after my most recent nightmares I would welcome a few months like that. This is to anyone. What are your most common dreams? My most prevelant dreams are about Tornadoes. Actually my whole family dreams of them. My brothers, my nephew, my mom and my sister. My Dad doesn't dream about them though or at least he hasn't told us about them.
"Our level of technology has exceeded the rate of our own evolution." Krystal Gale Potter

Seaweed Gate
Username: seaweed_gate

Post Number: 2344
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a period of tornado dreams--about 8 years ago.
Then a series involving water and alligators. Now I'm in a phase where I'm in bed, but I keep thinking my wife is someone else. Kinda freaks me out when she spoons me. Also a variation,there's someone else in the bed with us. Usually female.
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 111
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie - has the quality and/or quantity of your sleep decreased during this time period? I have noticed with myself that more sleep, equals better quality and retention ability. I also think this effects what you dream as well. I am a strong believer in positive thought and believe if we get cranky do to sleep deprivation we attract negative dreams or realms.

quigs - The whole dream was kind of odd, it was devoid of emotion, I felt like a machine. The real weird part is I've never fired an automatic weapon but I felt every round that the gun delivered......where does that come from? How does the mind form those patterns without prior knowledge to draw from?

As far as common dreams, I really don't have any. The do come in pairs sometimes, weeks apart at times. I recall a pair of flood dreams I believe went together and a pair of dreams involving the operation of a craft. A common action maybe, I do fly a lot in my dreams, very stimulating.
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 813
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 1:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, I have had instructional dreams especially when young.
I once learned to ride a bike in a dream, at around age 5. It was so vivid,
I remember waking up, and running outside to go ride the bike.
In half an hour I was riding the bike down the road. I remember
helping my son learn to ride his bike, and it took close to two weeks.
I think info is out there, and the dream state is as good a place as any :-)

Buddie, I go through periods of dreamlesness. It has a rhythm to it, it seems.
I have had a pretty good period of few dreams after an intense period of marathon-like
dreams for a number of months.

Just recently, though, it seems the dreams are back, intense as ever.

Several nights ago I dreamed that my deceased grandfather had returned to visit my grandmother. They were both smaller than normal (my paternal grandmother was smaller than normal in a dream I had that seemed to presage her death.....which troubles me......do I see small people as a kind of sign of death now?). When she saw him, she just melted into him, it seemed. She missed him, I could tell. Interesting note: my grandfather was wearing shorts (he never wears shorts) that were red colored but seemed to have flames on them. Again, he'd never wear anything like that. But I am seeing that clothing lately has become a means of communicating the person's state of mind or being. I had a dream some time back about my paternal grandmother who died some 15 years ago, and she wore a T-shirt with a batik flower or fern like design on it. If it wasn't polyester and brightly colored, she wouldn't wear it (in real life). So I looked upon the plant and T-shirt color as a symbol for her state of being at the time.

The following night, my grandfather returned. He was in a car and was getting to go somewhere. My son was in the back seat and my grandmother seemed to be in the back seat with him. He got into the car, then saw me, and then went over to the passenger's side and got in, motioning for me to get in and drive. When I got into the car, I got a weird feeling.....like this was symbolic of death perhaps. I began to tell him that I needed to use the bathroom, that I needed to brush my teeth.....all kinds of excuses for not going with him. I wound up getting out of the car. My son then began to drive the car from the back seat (he had a steering wheel).

Last night I had a very vivid dream that made me pull out of it and jolt awake. The dream created a feeling like I was being jolted by electricity in a rhythmic way. I knew this to be the energetic body. Perhaps a blockage was removed. I was shaking from the feeling that came from my very core. It was distressing to say the least.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2580
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
I've had the jolts of electricity experience just before someone/thing pulled me out of my body. It was a prelude to an interesting "alien" interaction.

buddie

Post Number: 3998
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 6:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Hale and I understand quigs :-)
Damon after the dreams my sleep was
unusually sound for a period..
My sleep has a pattern dosen't vary
much..guess I'll just have to wait
and see about my dreaming.. thanks

Qua da di

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 112
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale said - "Last night I had a very vivid dream that made me pull out of it and jolt awake. The dream created a feeling like I was being jolted by electricity in a rhythmic way"

I know this feeling well, it is very strong after vivid dreams and will last for a bit after I wake. It's like a pulse to me, about one pulse per second. My whole body tingles with each pulse.

Had a very strange thing happen to me last night. Right in the middle of a dream I wake up and head to the bathroom, I felt drunk, stumbling as I walked. I sat on the toilet knowing I didn't need to go. Suddenly I felt very weak, dizzy, and sick to my stomach. It felt like all of the blood was draining from me and then I got the chills and cold sweats. I got up and stumbled my way back to the bed and it passed in a few minutes. I fell back to sleep and felt no ill effects when I waked in the morning. Maybe I just dreamed it all or is this indicative of some medical condition?

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1600
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 7:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie I go through dream phases too. My old shaman Whitefeather says it's common among people with psychic ability.

Hale... I think we may have crossed currents again. I had a similar dream a few days ago. Freaked me out enough to start calling family members and friends. I just hav'nt been in much of a posting mood lately. I've been in a lot of pain.

I was at my grandmother's house in Lansing, Mi. It's VERY odd for my grandmother to appear in a dream. The only times she has are when the dream is prophetic. (by the way, she's been dead for almost 2 decades.)

Some other woman was there but she was like a sillouhette. I don't know who she was. We were watching an Elliott Smith video (he's dead by the way) Then Leon Russell..who as far as I know is still alive, then Fleetwood Mac. Now with Elliott and Leon..it was more like they were in the room with us at first..then it became video. I picked up a paper and was looking for concert dates. The only word I remember reading was "gazette", and it was in the text..not the title. Lansing has different newspaper titles. Then I realized I must be watching OLD videos. The Fleetwood mac video was the one that I have that was recorded by my X Mark, so I gave up on looking for concert dates. Dream ends.

Now..I have had a dream very similar to this before. It was when my Shaman Whitefeather died. I know this dream through and through it means...someone is going to die, or has died. I wondered if it was my X Mark. He lives in Lansing and recorded the fleetwood Mac video. But then there was the mystery woman in sillouette. It might be her..which I might take to mean it is somebody I don't know personally but is still in my circle. A relative of a relative, a friend of a friend..I dunno. Could be Leon Russell for all I know..but the dream does mean death. Could be me too I guess.

Then yesterday I had a very long dream that upon waking I knew I should have written it right away but did'nt. Now I only remember on small part..and to dream something like this is very unusual for me. AND as I type this..I just experienced a strong deja-vous. Quigs wondered about nightmares. I have only had a handful of nightmares in my life, most when I was very young. What I remember is... A guy. He was psychotic or something..almost supernatural. he was going to hurt someone and I tried to ... keep him calm while talking about things that I thought he might like to hear. The weird part is, I got a very good vibe from him. I saw that his aura was rainbow colored. BUT, his eyes were rolled back in his head so you could only see the whites..very freaky. I wish I could remember the exact words..but I don't. I asked him to show me his eyes. He replied with something very cryptic... something to the extent of he could not change his nature. At that moment, I realized the good vibe and rainbow aura were camoflage he used to trap his victims. End dream.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2582
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,
I go through periods where I don't remember dreams. Usually, if I leave paper and pen beside the bed so I can record them, I start remembering them again. Intent seems to play a big part in it.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...the other evening I dozed off while reading a book in the easychair. But I didn't know that - instead, I was still reading a page in a book. The light was dimmer ...

Then I realized it wasn't the same book I had been reading a moment ago because the words didn't fit the storyline at all. i knew I was dreaming, but before I woke up in my chair, 2 words became legible and I remembered them.

Natural brilliance.

Like a response to my noticing I was dreaming, and wondering how I could read with my eyes closed? The transition to the physical was seamless.

Hale

Post Number: 814
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 1:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, your description of the resonating or vibe was spot on. I felt shook, and it took a little while for the vibe to stop. I jolted awake, which I do not do very often. I took a deep breath and called out in my mind for calm. I have the strong feeling like this was a biggie, and it FELT like something was being cleared out of me. Dark and primal in some ways.

Last night, I had another VERY intense dream with my brother in it. This is the guy whom I feel just doesn't quite get it. He has not done good things in his life where his immediate family is concerned. I realized I had this reservoir of pent up anger and aggression over all of this. I was looking at him and it just flowed out.....well, in a very fast flow, let's say.

I called him a bunch of names after having provided some factual info to back up my upset at him. His reaction was incredibly aggressive, which led me to want to beat the crap out of him. He cleared a counter of stuff very fast with his arm.....reminded me of an ape going on a rampage.

That, too, seemed like it was clearing something out of me. Already I have had several dreams that have been particularly intense, and all seem to deal with some pent up stuff, and with it comes some sort of sense of clearing.

K, I used to dream of killer whales. I think they may have been allies at one time. This was back in the early 90's.....but I'd have to check my dream journals. Acck! Rolled up eyes? Now I know how to freak you out! I joke!

Buddie, I think SC is correct. Sometimes intent is key, or focus (closely related). I sometimes wonder if we still don't dream, but that those dreams lay at a level that is hard for us to get to......and perhaps all that while we are processing stuff, but the "dream" is very hard to get to or remember.....maybe the brain literally shuttles stuff around into areas that we don't usually think of as the dreaming self or dreaming brain. Just a thought. Sometimes changes in sleep states can result in changes in dream states. Sometimes it seems I just have to fall asleep and drop like a stone.

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 7:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

To all do any of you go into REM sleep almost immediately after falling asleep?

I do and was just wondering if this is common. My daughter is learning about sleep patterns at school and told me that it isn't normal. My wife has mentioned to me many times that my eyes start darting around my head as soon as a fall asleep.

buddie

Post Number: 4006
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 7:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

For anyone who hasen't read
David J Hufford.
His book called The Terror
That Comes in The Night..

Damon it's about what you ask and more..
I ordered this from the University of
Pennsylvania.It was out of print at the
time but I was desperate because I was
having Visits or really weird physical
dreams at this time..this is Before I
knew about people like Whitley or Bud
and all the others..
Hale if your at all interested in his
work you can contact me.

Qua da di

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2595
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon,
I can go into rem while I'm still awake, so I guess you could say that's early. I never thought about what would be normal for someone else.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2599
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 11:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, and I should clarify that I never go into rem during normal waking consciousness, but only if I move into an altered state on purpose.

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 926
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I go into REM sleep, most usually, JUST after shutting my eyes...Of my two sleep studies the "experts" have concluded in both cases (apparently) that i didn't go into REM fast enough to warrant a diagnosis of narcolepsy, even though i have nearly every symptom of it...but yes, going into rem sleep easily is pretty wicked (in bad and good ways i suppose)
...no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me, and no matter what they do there will never be another you...

Eminem

Hale

Post Number: 818
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have entered REM while awake. Nasty stuff sometimes, especially if you are operating machinery. You can feel the curtain fall before you, eyes wide open.

I don't know that I enter REM that fast, since there is no one to check me to see for sure, but it sure seems I can just sink like a rock when I lie down. I find that I can shift brain states.....each state is preceded by a buzzing or static feeling in my ears or head. It's almost like the brain THINKS it is asleep, and if I can fool the brain into thinking it is asleep, just a few minutes in this state is all I need if I want to get a fast nap in when tired. It has more to do with being relaxed than just asleep, at least it is so for me.

Buddie, I'll check into the book.

I dreamed that I was all chummy with my landlord. I had my arm around him and was beaming at him, standing in my studio, showing him what he helped make possible. This happened because I will be moving to my own deluxe studio come Summer. Kinda doubt he will let me put my arm around him like that in real life. Good guy, but not THAT good.

Hale

Post Number: 819
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'd like to pass on a dream my 6 year old daughter had not so long ago.

In our new house, there is an inground pool. In that pool, she discovered that there was a tree growing by the side of the pool, and amongst the roots she discovered a woman covered in dirt and roots.

She helped to uncover this woman, who, as it turned out, was a mermaid. Once freed, she began to swim under the pool in the yard. When she did swim like this, she would open her yes and her eyes would glow.....which frightened my daughter a little, but she said "Maybe this helped her to see under the water." Turns out she was swimming at night.

The dream hit me as being a powerful mix of imagery and meaning and thought I'd pass it on. It certainly made an impact on her.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2623
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmmm. When I enter rem while conscious, I'll either see dream images flashing here and there around my journey images, or I'll start seeing what looks like a movie in my third eye. I find that I can maintain this in between state for a long period of time.

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 1240
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

How would one know if they're entering REM while conscious? I have dream images and other experiences during meditation, which I associated with the theta brain wave state, but I'm not aware of my eyes flicking back and forth.
What, me worry?

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, I've seen the glowing eye thing on beings twice. Yellow, in fact they were...gave me cause to pause, too. There's reference to such in Castaneda's books.
Who knows.
- the tree corresponds to the shamanic notion that the branches are the upper world. the trunk is the everyday world, and the roots = underworld.
The part of the tree seen lets you know where you are.
"If you have found your special tree -truly found it, with all your inner senses - then you can return to it anytime you choose, in dreaming. You can find a passage through its roots to the Lower World, to seek your animal guardians. You can rise from its upper limbs to seek spiritual guidance and healing in the many dimentions of the Upper World. You can make this your starting point for Middle World journeys to scout out the future and visit people and places at a distance from you."

-Robert Moss
Way of the Dreamer

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2624
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 7:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
Is your daughter very intuitive?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 7:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think she takes after her dad.
What, me worry?

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 114
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 8:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale - Your daughters dream was very interesting, you should develop her ability by encouraging her to remember and discuss with you. That is, if you have not all ready started, which I suspect you have.

Hale

Post Number: 823
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I try to do what a tribe....I don't know their name.....but they treat dreams as real things, and they encourage their children to relate to dreams the same way as one would in waking. Since so much is worked through in dreaming it seems smart to develop a healthy attitude. So we talk about dreams and how we feel about them. She is her father's daughter.

And she has a pretty healthy attitude when it comes to dreaming, which pleases me greatly. I want her to feel it can be a great adventure not some dark scary world of uncertainties.

Lately her dreams have been of otherworldly creatures, and while it has given me some pause, I don't think she is in too deep. She is actually pretty brave in her dreams. She had an evil leprechaun who tried to kidnap her not so long ago and she bit it in the face after acting like she was being Little Miss Nice.

I say I suspect I enter REM awake because I can actually feel myself cross over something. It is an energetic shift and I am aware that my brain is doing it, and with it comes what I experience to be some kind of sudden and definate change in how my thoughts feel, and my ability to sink deeper into something (energetic in nature). I do not get dream images necessarily, but I do know that if I let that curtain fall, I can stay there for 5 minutes or so and I can get up and FEEL as though I have had an hour long nap. It is in effect very refreshing. But I do not dream. I do not....because I am also awake, aware of my surroundings. I can have all manner of dream like imagery before going to sleep, but when I hit this state I do not necessarily get dream images probably because I am so attentive to its feel, its texture and all the rest. It's like seeing the room where all the dreams happen and being interested in what it looks like behind the curtain. Besides, I enter the state more so I can get that fabulous fast nap so I can get on to other things. I also find that I have to lie still long enough. It seems I have a clock in my head. "After 7.5 minutes of innactivity, commence REM stage." Actually, I suspect it is the state that leads you to REM. REM is actual dreaming as we currently understand it.

There is a device that is designed to detect REM and send you signals, visually and via sound to "wake you up" enough to become lucid. It is a lucid dreaming device.

Mark, thanks for the info on Castenada and the dream info. I found her description interesting because the mermaid DID NOT just come from the sea, but she came from the roots of a tree buried in the earth and she essentially excavated her from those roots with pebbles and dirt clinging to her, slowly realizing what it was that was buried there.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1274
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think you're referring to the Aborigines of Australia Hale. I believe the same thing. Dreams are real events in another reality. I know I can enter alpha fairly easily, and theta with some time, so that's probably what I'm doing. I remember at the Gateway Voyage, they said at the beginning that we would probably spend almost all of the week at alpha or deeper, never coming back to beta for a week. Yeah, it was that spaced out.
What, me worry?

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 990
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, that is EXACTLY what I do, crrrrazy.
...no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me, and no matter what they do there will never be another you...

Eminem