Archive through March 05, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through March 05, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

seasidedaisy
Username: seasidedaisy

Post Number: 70
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 7:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

no abuse in anyway we just don't see each other enough. He lives 2 hours away and travels for work. I also travel often.
He is also very closed emotionally and doesn't tell me a lot about his past. I just found out last week his mom died when he was young. That shed a lot of light for me. I am sure he has closed his heart to women.
However I am full of emotion and expression. I told him I loved him in an email but never to his face. When I saw him last week there was pillow talk and I said oh T or something and he said yes tell me. I said you are wonderful. I know he wanted me to tell him I loved him. Now I feel kind of sorry I didn't say it. I found out about his mom on his way out the door. He said you know my mom died in the 70's hugged me and left. I thought that was odd.

zenith
Advanced Member
Username: legolas

Post Number: 314
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 7:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've always found it a bit incongruent that women in a culture that looks down on arranged marriages make love to men they can't say 'I love you' to.
'Let my love open the door, to your heart...'

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1518
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmmm speaking of sex, I had a very out of the norm kind of sex dream this morning. I almost never have sex dreams. Especially one like this. I woke up feeling very happy and content...which almost never happens either. The happy & content part is kind of...interesting considering the jist of the deaam. How do I put this so I don't get kicked off the board ? Hmmm. I guess you could say it was a bondage dream but taken to a greater extreme.... as in... I lived this way and was a dog. I mean dog like in canine but my body was human.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 8:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In the dream I even THOUGHT like a dog. Not in sentences or anything.. just like a frekin dog. And yes, I had a human master. Where is Freud when ya need him ? LOL
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

zenith
Advanced Member

Post Number: 316
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 9:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh Lawdy Krystal! I think you just became everyman's dream. A loyal pup in a voluptuous body.
lol
Who's the Master...,

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1520
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Not quite. If I were 18 and like that I'd be every man's dream LOL Nobody wants a 42 year old sex slave. Well, at least it would'nt be their first choice. Honestly I've had submissive fantasies for years. I think at this point in my life I could live and be happy with it as a lifestyle. The weird thing about the dream though were my thought proceses. Oh wait...I just thought of something. I think I know where the whole "thinking like a dog" thing might have come into the dream. The other day I was remembering an incident that happened awhile back. I choked and was deprived of oxygen for a bit too long. Evidently I had convulsions or a seizure or something. I don't remember it. For 3 days after that, I was for all intents and purposes..stupid. I was happier those 3 days than I may have ever been in my life. I often think back on it and wish somebody would make a pill that would do that to me. I'm wondering if reminiscing about that might have brought on the "dog thought" dream. It's the kind of dream I wish I could have every night !

zenith
Advanced Member

Post Number: 319
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You'd be surprised...,be careful what you wish for. Just reach for it in meditation. lol

starspirit
Username: starspirit

Post Number: 1886
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 1:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal, Love you lady!

Wanted to say Hey to Greenjoel, HI DUDE!
You still hanging out with that bellydance chick?
(no it is not me people, another dancer)
Joel & I do know each other, but not that way just friends
Was up in Harvard square dancing this weekend thought about you and that drumming circle you two attended.
Well just wanted to say hi

seasidedaisy
Username: seasidedaisy

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 8:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal lol Howling at the moon

And you're not that old, I am 43 and feel sexier and more alive than ever. We are in our prime don't ya know.

Zenith ... lol I am not going to tell him I love him until he tells me or demonstrates a little more emotion.

So tell me ways I can be like ice? It's not in my personality which will make it even better

zenith
Advanced Member

Post Number: 324
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 9:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lol, Not wearing a collar for starts.
I dunno, that's hard if you don't see each other very often. I would say don't be as available.

Krystal, we could always sell you to someone.....

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1525
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Zenith I doubt if you could sell me, I'm having problems giving myself away LOL... I think I have a scar or a stretchmark for every year of my life. The only thing attractive about me is my face. I'll just die alone and frustrated.... (enter violins, heavy on the mellowdrama) I'll just live vicariously through all of you. That means you are all OBLIGATED now to be exceptionally promiscuous for MY benefit.,,oh and of course then tell me about it hee hee

Seaside..being cold is all in the eyes. Convince yourself he merely amuses you and you simply tolerate him from time to time for that. Then..LOOK AT HIM with that condescending amused look on your face and walk away from him. Then don't answer his calls for a few days.

Elsewhere on the board, someone just said I have evil thoughts. I just don't see it. buwuhahaha

n'kisi
Username: nkisi

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

one morning recently I woke up with this
stuck in my mind but no recall of how I was given this or why ..
so here it is
July 17 1942 ?

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 7:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I tried googling the date and got a couple of interesting things. . .

34.5" of rain in Pennsylvania, VP Henry Wallace cast a tie-breaking vote in the Senate, didn't have time to dig and see what it was about,

. . . and this very long document that I didn't have time to read, but it seemed to be about power brokers shaping the world political landscape and the emergence of the UN.

An excerpt:

"Welles saw his leadership of the international organization subcommittee as an opportunity to succeed where Wilson had failed by creating a new league and securing American participation. Meeting weekly on Saturday mornings in his office, the new subcommittee included other strong advocates of international organization such as Isaiah Bowman, Ben Cohen, and Leo Pasvolsky, along with James T. Shotwell, a Columbia University history professor who had headed the League of Nations Association, Green H. Hackworth, the state department legal adviser, and later, Hamilton Fish Armstrong. Clark Eichelberger, the director of the Commission to Study the Organization of Peace, served as a consultant. Their experience on the international organization subcommittee would continue to be utilized in the months and years after its disbandment, most particularly during the August 1944 Dumbarton Oaks Conference, where all of the members of the subcommittee (with the exception of Welles and Shotwell) would play important roles.

Welles inaugurated the first meeting of his international organization subcommittee on July 17, 1942 by circulating a draft outline on world organization given to him by the exiled Dutch diplomat Eelco Van Kleffens, whose views resembled Welles's. Van Kleffens had spent much of the war in London, serving as foreign minister of the Netherlands government-in-exile. Welles thought Van Kleffens's outline worth examining in some detail, and he circulated it in the hope of establishing a framework for future discussions.

The draft began with a review of the strengths and weaknesses of the League of Nations and emphasized the importance of U.S. participation in a future world body. Van Kleffens endorsed the view that the old League should be abandoned and replaced by something conceptually different. He criticized proposals for a purely universal world organization, questioning whether the great powers would ever truly give consideration to the interests of smaller nations. Instead, he endorsed regional groupings arranged by oceans: Atlantic, Pacific, and Mediterranean councils, with similar bodies for the Indian Ocean and the South Atlantic."
"Scientific progress goes boink?"
--Hobbes

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 8:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oops. . .

I forgot to include the link.
"Scientific progress goes boink?"
--Hobbes

greenjoel
Username: greenjoel

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 7:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks for the welcome miaree - back atcha!

and sure, starspirit - ya never write, ya never call...I see how it is

I missed last month's drum circle; I went to this cool 'energy share' in Woburn - basically it was a group meditation, with a bit of yoga thrown in. Apparently, there was some reiki, massage & polarity healing (not exactly sure what that is) as well...but I missed out on that stuff as I was hanging with the cool crowd (ya know, the ones who refused to leave the kitchen)

starspirit
Username: starspirit

Post Number: 1902
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 7:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LOL, I've been working my butt off trying to make ends meet. Hav'nt gone out for fun in ages!

That kitchen brewery?

you take care sweetie

firestarter
Username: firestarter

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've missed my dreams for a while. I have been taking sleeping aids for several months.
Thing is, I'd wake up at like, 2 or 3 in the am!
All the time.
Then I'd pass out at 7 pm, which didnt benefit my marriage at all.
Well, I vowed to stop taking them starting yesterday.
Ya, my thoughts are crystal in the hours of early a.m..
And, though it may appear that those who sleep in the day and up at night are the "crazies"....well, I'm not so sure anymore.

I had the best dream I've had in a very long while today during a nap.
It was a luscious nap....I just love naps.
Anyway.....

I was living in a duplex and we shared the main living room.
I wondered for a moment why I didnt see the people who lived there much, then as I thought that, a woman came into the living room with another woman friend. She started to dance in a circle with her back always to the center.
She danced a danced that told the story of birth and death and rebirth and death and so on.
As she moved in the circle she would start from a caccoon like place and then begin moving the circle coming out of it ever so slowly and eloquently, she'd become up right and then her arms would begin to outstretch and all this as she moves around the circle...eventually her arms would be over head and her hands playing in the sky and totally "bloomed" I guess she would then begin the process back and then when she got all the way down to the cacoon state again she would stop mementarily and then begin all over again around the circle. It was lovely this dance. She expressed the cycle so well. I admired the dance and then she grabbed me, pulled me right to her right side and I was her right side and could feel her movements and I'd look over to see where she was so I could try to stumble through her movements...but I did get the feeling.

Thing is......see, I've always wanted to dance a dance but didnt have my own dance. I mean, I could immitate what I've seen, but never felt comfy enough to do that.
Now......I do have my own dance. It was given to me in my dream today.
After I fed the chickens and freshened their water this evening befor dark, I found a place where my hubby couldnt see me and I danced the dance. Man it felt right!
This dance feels very powerful.

Somewhere else in the dream a child neighbor had let her pet birds get out. I helped her catch two of them, but her Mother was telling me, that this needed to happen and so I tried to explain to the child that even though being outside might make the lifespan of the bird somewhat shorter, that it would be so much happier and natural.

Another part of the dream....I was looking out the door in the woods and saw a man walk by with feathers all over his body and a bird mask on his head. The colours were red and white.

I'm so glad to have my dreams back....and can go without "normal" sleep for a while I suppose.
"Who knows?" "We'll see."

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 595
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hmm seems to back up my previous observation that "nap dreaming" tends to be much more powerful/meaningful and many times lucid....for some reason.
Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.

George Washington, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

firestarter
Username: firestarter

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 7:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH goodness yes 4-20 :-)
You're right!

I'd love to buy a round of naps for everyone!!

CHEERS!

lol.
"Who knows?" "We'll see."

n'kisi

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

read this late last night then later much later went to bed around 3:30am ( had been checking out some genealogy on the net)......
tired and just started to drift off when it dawned on me that 'something' was gnawing at my foot!
It was an automatic reflex to just lash out boot whatever it was!

Then I heard the growling
more than growling more than a snarling
this was absolutely the most
hideously vicious sound
I have ever ever ever heard!!!

Oddly enough I didnt start praying
I didnt even think about the song
I am woman hear me roar !!
I somehow became calm then sat on the edge
of the bed for a while listening for sounds outside ..a car went out of the street
the lights flickering momentarily across the curtains...
I then went back to sleep.
And no it wasnt imaginal a dream or
whatever.. I know I wasnt fully asleep
and wasnt dreaming.
Perhaps I sailed off the edge ..

Now where to get some sharpened stakes..

n'kisi

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 8:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

whatever that was I got no sleep last night ..stayed awake till dawn then slept for a few hours.
Why do I feel safe when it is light?? :-(
Anyhow I figure there might be some folks out there reading this thread who might get a few clues from this being distinctly different from ' a dream'.
Perhaps its my personal demons chasing me down.

zenith
Advanced Member

Post Number: 464
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 9:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's way freaky, maybe that was boogie-man foreplay? Now that you've found your feral growl, practice it a hundred times a day till it's part of the lexicon.
"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
Aristotle

n'kisi

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well sheet Zee you wanna borrow 'it' thats fine just throw your coordinates on the screen
I'd appreciate 'it' honeying up
to someone else! :-(

zenith
Advanced Member

Post Number: 497
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 7:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I mean the snarl n'kisi - the snarl, sure I may borrow your feral snarl one day if mine fails me. lol
"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
Aristotle

miaree9
Advanced Member
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 481
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream last night that L.A.B. called me on the phone to chat. I still miss her presence here on the board.

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 7065
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So do I, Miaree9. I hope she comes back; she's a great gal.
�Question what�s real. Question who�s real. Trust your own discernment.�

psyrinity
Username: psyrinity

Post Number: 24
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had this dream a couple of weeks ago now, and in the dream I said to myself I was going to post this one.
So here it is...

I was in the back yard of the house where I did the biggest part of my (physical) growing up. I noticed a young bird in a tree, the tree had bare branches. Suddenly the bird fell from the tree, as if something pushed or knocked it off. I thought that the bird was too young to fly yet, and I walked up to it, and it was laying on the ground, and it was now a bright red, it was some nondescript color while it was in the tree. I knew that it was nearly dead, for it was just lying there motionless. I bent down and sorta went over the outline of the bird with my hands, not touching it and chanting in an unknown language, all the time knowing that it would be healed.
There it is...
Comments welcome...

Love and Blessings to all....
"As I sit here, and slowly close my eyes... I take another deep breath, and feel the wind pass through my body.... I'm the one in your soul, reflecting inner light..."
from "Serenity" by Godsmack

fortwynt

Post Number: 656
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 8:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had the oddest dream. I walked out from my bedroom and someone was in the living room getting ready to shoot my baby with a shotgun,but they had this glazed over look on them like they were being "mind controlled" or something...so I rushed them and tackled them and stabbed them with something like an ice pick(?)....then out of nowhere this big white nondescript van pulls into the driveway and these two dark-skinned dudes get out...they have a weird look in their eyes as if they are not quite human, maybe disguised as humans...and one of them the "leader" is telling me things, like things I have to do if I want my family to live...he throws his hands in the air every so often and something will fall from the sky like a "rock" or something *shrugs*....I tricked him by telling him that I had someone video taping everything he was saying and it was going out on the net if he didn't tell me where he was from and leave me alone....secretly i had someone hiding in my home with the shotgun taken from the dude I stabbed, he popped up and shot both dudes dead, but they, and their van vanished abruptly and as I looked up towards the highway near the mountain I saw a giant wooden throne fall from the sky, and similarly some weird creatures fell down and sat upon them. I was commanded, or "knew" somehow that I had to go up there to kill them, or be killed, and as I approached, they would throw these blue and red stones at me that, when they would hit me, would burn very badly...I don't remember the rest.
When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.

Thomas Paine

psyrinity

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think each of us are our own best interpreter of our own dreams.
If a dream really sticks with me, like the bird dream did, I will ponder it till I get something out of it.
To me, personally, I see babies or children in my dreams as part of me, or an aspect of myself that is still maturing. I have lots of dreams about feeding babies, mine or someone else's, and to me that means I am nurturing my inner self.
Of course this does not mean I believe everyone should interpret dreams like that in exactly the same way. Like I said, we are our own best interpreters.

Fort, seems to be we are playing posting tag tonight!

You're it!
"As I sit here, and slowly close my eyes... I take another deep breath, and feel the wind pass through my body.... I'm the one in your soul, reflecting inner light..."

fortwynt

Post Number: 662
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 9:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Psy :-) I was actually going to say that to you, but didn't wanna interpret too much because some people already make up their minds about what they believe a dream means and I sure don't want to come off like I know better than they do what their dream means....I do think that images like that are (alot of times) representations of ourselves...i.e. getting knocked out of the tree, touching a deep spiritual unknown part of us to heal the "bird", etc...

That being said I think people rely way too much on "dream dictionaries" to interpret their dreams, when personally i think those things are pure bunk...

Tag!
When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.

Thomas Paine

psyrinity

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Luv ya', dude!!

I really like that about touching the deep spiritual part!!..(healing my ability to fly was what I was doing).. since basically that is what I'm all about any way, growing spiritually, that is....
I believe if people would listen, really listen to their inner self they would not run to those silly dictionaries, and would have a much richer experience for it... ...attempting to put smiley on the first line of post, but smiley will not cooperate...
oh well...
tag....... once more...

psyrinity

Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, changed my mind, about tag only!!!
body says it needs to rest!!

Love and Blessings!!!

fortwynt

Post Number: 664
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Goodnight!

Thomas Paine

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2487
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 10:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

psy,

Sometimes I think that my dreams of babies, children, and other who are wounded deal with an aspect of myself as "child." It occurs to me that such dreams may really be calling to the "inner me" who serves in the role of teacher and protector. Just a thought. I've had a series of child dreams lately, myself.

psyrinity

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I believe you are right, SC!
That resonates in me..

fortwynt

Post Number: 672
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dream much these days of my childhood homes...I lived in probably 15 different ones or more growing up along the way and all of my dreams happen in various ones...and my emotions in the dreams (as emotions are always markedly stronger in dreams) always seem to center around the feeling of wanting to be back in my childhood so badly that I can taste it...not that i dont appreciate my life as it is now, but the older I get the more amazingly disturbed it makes me that I move farther and farther away from my young years.

Thomas Paine

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2496
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 12:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fort,
I have always felt that homes represent a comfortable or uncomfortable state of consciousness for me. When I can't sleep and really need to relax, I go through an exercise of walking through my grandmother's home and try to remember every detail. I start with the front door. I see the leaded glass and the designs on the decorative windows that were on each side of the front door. I mentally move through the door into the vestibule, and I see the umbrella stand and the coat rack. I can move through the entire house and feel the emotional impressions of the place. I think that we have many houses that we have in our minds, and they represent significant things to each of us.

psyrinity

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fort,
our spiritual growth is a process, in which we are going to naturally leave some things behind, although that doesn't mean we forget them or that they are not important! Change is the course of nature, part of our cycle in this time on earth.
We leave the old behind, and go on in growth and enlightenment.

Take it, grow, and go on!!

Always remember you are the eternal spirit, only residing in that present body!!
I forgot who said it, or where I read it, but something that I contemplate daily, is the fact that I am spirit, having a human experience, I am not a human having a spiritual experience.

Love and Blessings!!

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3882
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 5:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had not remembered my dreams in almost 2 months..and last night I dreamed I was scraping off my scratched and nicked skin with a brush..
Perhaps getting ready for some new growth ?

(Message edited by buddie on February 26, 2007)
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5600
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 9:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, bryn had an interesting dream last night. i'll try to explain...having a head injury, he thinks differently.

he said he was surrounded by high ranking military people. they had pieces of paper from et's with instructions on them to build something.

but they couldn't figure it out. but bryn knew how to solve it. he said they were trying to line up the pages on a flat surface but it didn't make sense. but bryn said you had to fold them so they made a 3 dimensional figure. he said he solved it but can't remember what it showed to build.

hmmmm....

susi t learn

Post Number: 5601
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

bryn just remembered more details of his dream.

he said there were thousands of pieces of paper-notebook size. the general put all the info into a computer but it didn't solve it.

bryn showed them how to fold 6 sheets into a cube, and you had to put the cubes together.

it doesn't make sense but it sure is interesting.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3915
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 5:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I hope more will surface..
it sounds fascinating susi.
"I know I did not come here
to be comfortable but to grow"..

Qua da di

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2528
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sounds like quite a dream, Susi. I wonder if it was referring to the multidimensional quality of reality that most of us don't perceive?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2530
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I had a semi lucid dream where I was flying around a small town, about 30 feet high off the streets. I was dressed in black witch robes and a pointed hat, and my eyes glowed red from an internally generated light, like a jack-o-lantern. As I was flying, I thought about the fact that I was probably scaring folks, looking like that.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 779
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Multidimensional indeed. Those kinds of dreams seem to me, when I have them, to be concepts that are very hard to translate to our world here. The fact that your son was able to begin to build some blocks after remembering the dream element.....is a cognative leap, and probably an important one. For me, I have found that sometimes it's almost like trying to translate an ancient language into a modern tongue. We think of space as being up and down and forward/back.......what if you were to fold it into a cube or sphere? Would that hold some secrets as to manipulating space and time (for example......not that that was what the dream was about necessarily, it's just interesting...)

At least they weren't showing him any fan blades in a space craft :-)

SC, I had a daydream that grew into something that was way more than just an imagining. There was this creature that emitted a red light from its eyes......and it had to do with how the creature was connecting to people......it seemed like it emitted red light when in fact the red light was the result of it connecting to people's minds, like the "light" flooded people's minds and when they saw the creature it seemed like it had red glowing eyes.

I'm not saying that was what was going on, but your description kind of rang bells and reminded me of that creature. Just some anecdotal stuff.

I wonder if there is something to the red eyes.....like maybe it is more to do with a certain frequency of energy perhaps, something buried deep in us, a kind of old knowing. We now think of red glowing eyes as scary, but could it be a kind of symbolic image that relates to some inner sensing or ability?
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

susi t learn

Post Number: 5606
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 1:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hale

sometimes i think it could be just a 'dream' then i think there may be more to it. since his accident he's had unusual changes in his brain. he might not remember what state he lives in, but he's almost savant when it comes to math. i affectionately call him rainman. i thought it interesting that in his 34 years, this is the first dream he's ever had of et's.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2531
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi,
Bryn's dream seem so coherent and significant to me. No way do I think it was just a dream.

Hale,
Interesting take on the whole glowing red eye thing. As I was flying along I knew that I was friendly, but that people seeing would misinterpret.

zee

Post Number: 866
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 2:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just woke up with the feeling that the ship at Rendlesham Forest was a spherical polyhedra. A template evident in our personal and cosmic journey. Geo-desic inter-dimensional travel, world is round..,egg shaped. Wonder about those great circles.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."
Nietzsche

miaree9
Advanced Member
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 491
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 2:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Recently, I have been having a series of dreams in which I am living other people's lives. In other words, in the dreams, I know that I am miaree9; however, other people in the dreams perceive me to be someone else. The dreams all seem to take place in the present, so they don't seem to be dreams about past lives. Other than that, the dreams are not extraordinary in any way--just mundane little slices of life from other people's perspectives.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2539
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Miaree,
I've had that experience before. I've read that it comes from experiencing other members of your soul group.