Archive through January 17, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through January 17, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kathy decker
Advanced Member
Username: kat

Post Number: 373
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanx everybody! Pat we will miss you but get on out there!
pink Ffloyd-tt=oo cool
Hey I am drinking bourbon and ginger ale-need some munchie-anything will do lol!
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 374
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just posted a story in the Prose place-it came to me unbidden when I was feeling down. Check it out for me.

(Message edited by kat on December 29, 2006)
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3196
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 9:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat I hope you have a wonderful New Years
party..it's brave of you. pushing the
boundaries will hopefully give you
more freedom (( Hugs ))

kathy I love you fairy tale :-)
Qua da di

buddie

Post Number: 3205
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 2:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey L miss you..I hope you had a Merry
Christmas and you can pop in here at
Sals for a bit of cheer 'clink clink'
around New Years..
Hope your settling into your new digs
and Blasting your stereo
Qua da di

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 11169
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 3:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, kathy--!!! What a beautiful and unexpected end to that story you wrote! *I loved it* And I'll bet a bunch of my 'inside people' loved it too. Thank you!
"When power depends upon lies, then truth is made a fugitive" - me, 2006

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 935
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 9:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you Kathy.
Like a bolt out of the blue,
Fate steps in and sees you through.....

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 387
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you all!

I am considering continuing the story-time will tell.

After all, the end is only the beginning.

I saw Rocky Balboa tonight.
Not too many people know that I am a fan of boxing, or used to be. I have had a difficult life, and admire someone who is an underdog yet through sheer will and strength,perseveres and comes out on top.
It is the idea I love, more than the sport.
Loved the Ali fights when I was young, and Paul Simon's The Boxer has always been my personal anthem.

Thanks, Sal, a little brandy in that hot coffee will go down nice and smooth.

Anyhow, in the film tonight, Rocky says something like "It's not how hard you are hit, it is how much of a beating you can take and still keep on fighting' or something like that.
That is the gist of it anyway (already had a martini, hahah).

So that, after the last year is my mantra for the New Year.

Let's see-my cat died, my sis got ovarian cancer, my dad is fighting for his life, and I lost every thing I owned and most of my neighborhood to a disastrous flood-but d*mn it all I intend to keep fighting until I am back on top of the world.

This New year will be the best ever, and you heard it here first, folks, no more doom and gloom for me.

(Punctuates soapbox speech by standing on the chair and guzzling brandy -laced coffee, then orders munchies all round for everyone)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11174
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fighters are welcome here, kathy Not too long ago, I saw an outstandingly good "Battlestar Galactica" ("The Eye of Jupiter"--it's for sale at the iTunes Store) that was written around a boxing tournament that was held on the ship. The show is the best-written drama currently on TV, in a lot of critics' opinions, and this particular episode was exceptional even for this show's writers. The boxing event was held to let soldiers under pressure let off steam and settle some grudges, but it turned into so much more.....

The Skeptic and I are not fight fans, so we cringed at the realistic blows at first, but then we began to get what the story was about. When old Commander Adama stepped into the ring with a man half his age, we both "got" what it is that makes fight fans watch them. It's a contest of wills and of pure nerve. And he did it to make a point to his troops that really was moving.

It made me think of all the times that I soldiered on in the face of terrible odds back in the Bad Old Days....All of us who've gotten to where we are despite people who didn't believe in us and long odds deserve to be recognized and seldom are. Let's hear it for the fighters among us--! Next round's on me

[digs into the munchies with glee]

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 618
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 3:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

from one who howls at the moon with her dog. We'll make some extra howls for all here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ No good deed goes unpunished. ~~

buddie

Post Number: 3212
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 6:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We Will Fight For Our Right To PARTY !!!
HULLO ALL :-)
Qua da di

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 389
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Let's see- i have potato chips,old fashioned onion dip, nachos, lasagna,loaves of fresh italian bread with real butter, cocnut ice cream with chocolate sauce, wine, beer, vodka, vermouth olives bourbon, mixers, gin,amarretto, brandy,ice, party balloons, confetti,noisemakers, hats-did i forget anything?

That's right, sal, put your feet up-no work for you-tonight is your night to PARTY!

(Plays some springsteen on the jukebox to get things started}

i am leaving tomorrow for at least a week to help my mom with my dad-so tonight i am letting loose!

(Deftly removes brassiere and drapes it festively over the cake display)

How do you like them cupcakes! Wahooooo!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11181
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*ROTFLMAO* I WONDERED what that thing was! I got all tangled up in it when I tried to sneak a piece of cake

[Not to be outdone, Pat whips *her* bra off...but no one notices, so she puts it back on]

I brought my classic Trailer Trash Jello Salad with gen-u-ine Cool Whip And *mini-marshmallows* to sprinkle artistically over top! I agree, pot-luck is a great idea, so that Sal can get pickled tonight and not have to worry about the kitchen.

The Skeptic still wants to go to a party way the heck down in San Jose, so I guess I won't be able to hang out here the way I'd hoped....[sigh] But a coupla swigs of the (virtual) house Merlot before I go get dolled up will loosen me up for that long drive.

Everyone here, have a *WONDERFUL* New Year's Eve and be sure to raise a toast to Absent Friends--may they find their way back here sooner rather than later! Especially nomie!!!

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5027
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 9:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

'but nobody noticed'

sorry patricia, but that made me laugh out loud!

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 391
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

mmmm...nomie

Should auld aquaintance....

buddie

Post Number: 3240
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LOL ladies..
goes around eating leftovers..
it's great hangover food :-)
Qua da di

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11187
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 1:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, the God/dess blessed me in many ways, but not, unfortunately, in the bosom category

moonhowler

Post Number: 619
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 2:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If it's not to **risque** to print here, I've heard it said that anything over a mouthful is wasted anyway, so have no fear, Patricia dear.

Did my partying in bed listening to C2C. Oh, what fun I am! Hope all you folks had a great time. We in Miami are having a mini-heat wave. It was **winter** for a few days, down all the way into the 50s. Now it's back up to 72 for the low. Crap! 30s are definitely a no-no, but 72 on New Year's Eve? Blah.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11192
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, moonhowler! My personal favorite used to be the one that alluded to a champagne glass-sized/shaped boob....HOWEVER, that was back when a champagne glass looked more like a squashed wine glass. Nowadays, champagne is served in tall, narrow flutes and I would NOT want to be shaped like THAT--way too much like the pendent bosoms we used to see in Natl. Geographic photos of undernourished women who'd suckled too many babies and never worn a bra

[Pat absent-mindedly orders a glass of milk, then stares at it uneasily before handing it back to Sal and asking for some of that left-over mulled apple cider instead!]
"I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization ;o)

TheLabRat
Username: thelabrat

Post Number: 894
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 4:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just popping in for a moment to say I have missed you all, and have been giggling my head off, reading the last several posts!

buddie, thanks for the shout-out, and YES, I certainly HAVE been blasting the stereo!

Well, actually, not really BLASTING, because, with the acoustics in my new house (which are unbelievably INCREDIBLE!!), and the soundproofing from good insulation, not only do I NOT have to turn the volume up as much as at the MH, but even with it pretty loud, I can walk all around the outside of my house, and just BARELY hear it from the outside!

Because of the high ceilings, the open, flowing floorplan, and the tile floors, the stereo/entertainment system (which is set up in the family room in the center of the house) sounds almost as good from ANY room in the house, as it does in the family room!

It's amazing, and my Uncle would be pleased!

In fact, he would be (is?) pleased with a hell of a LOT of things about this house!

Actually, I believe that he, and/or Higher Power, selected and steered me to this specific house, and the layout and the acoustics are just 2 areas that make this seem true.

There are so many more SPECIFIC reasons why the house seems "hand-picked" by Uncle!

It's truly mindblowing, and I find myself constantly shaking my head and being amazed and touched and happy at each new discovery of something about the house that "works perfectly" with and "seems made for" all of the things Uncle left to me!

I am 90% settled into new home. I am so happy with how it's all turned out, and feeling VERY exhausted, but so incredibly grateful....for EVERYTHING!

Still have to deal with the final clean-out of the TRAILER....er, um, I mean, MOBILE HOME!

Will try to get that finished within the next couple of weeks. It would take a "normal" person only 2 or 3 days, at most......but that's OK; there is nobody breathing down my neck to get it done any faster than I am able! (TYG!!)

Kathy, I will get around to reading your story ASAP.

God, Patricia, I LOVE Trailer Trash Jello Salad!!!! But is yours the pink kind, or the green kind?

I love them both, and they are traditional "family-gathering" dishes in my family!

(LabRat picks up and hugs Tex.)

Thanks for thinking of me, guys, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you all had a great new-year's eve, etc.

Sal, I will take a large cappuccino, to go, please! Still have some more stuff to do, and a couple of errands to run!

See you all as soon as I can!

LabRat

p.s. DANG! That fresh, hot quiche smells and looks really good! What's in it, Sal?
"In the end, only kindness matters."

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11195
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 10:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My Jello salad was red/pink this year, but next year I plan to pull out all the stops and made my famous Martian Salad, which is green, but from Jello *Pistachio Pudding* mix! But I tell any little kids present that it's made with "genuine Martians"

LabRat, that house sounds *wonderful*!!! How great that your uncle thought of you and made this possible. If not for my inheritances from my Dad and my uncle, we'd not have been able to come up with the downpayment on this dear old house of ours, which we love. Nor would we have been able to do the "Earthquake work" like bolting it to its foundation or putting in shear walling or Simpson Strong-ties between basement and first floor. It cost the Earth, but we sleep a bit better for knowing that it's done.

I think I'm ready for a glass of wine--Merlot again, Sal--and maybe a bowl of salted nuts. Too much running around today. I need to relax
"I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization ;o)

moonhowler

Post Number: 623
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 3:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Quiche! What a brilliant idea. Sal, I'll have a spinach one with bacon crisps. Just made myself hungry. Yummy, yummy in the tummy!

buddie

Post Number: 3258
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 5:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Such GOOD NEWS !!
Trailor/Mobile home

Sal said I can drop BG off today the
unit is being sprayed for critters..
He loves sleeping in his carrier case
he won't be a problem and here's his
girlfriend lambalamba :-)
Qua da di

buddie

Post Number: 3304
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi BG..mummy you..booo..boo
Sorry I'm late Sal
Plays 'Cat scratch Fever' on ole'
juke ..I know you have a Boot
somethang or other to kick while
we chat..ah there it is
Qua da di

moonhowler

Post Number: 625
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 4:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You're never late at Sal's, buddie. Just glad you're here now.

buddie

Post Number: 3370
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Song for Sals

Step out the front door like a ghost
into the fog where no notices
the contrast of white on white
And in between the moon and you
the angels get a better view

Of the crumbling difference between wrong
and right
I walk in the air between the rain
through the door I hear her crying
why? I don't know
Chorus..
Round here we always stand up straight
Round here something radiates
Round here we're carving out our names
Round here we all look the same
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs

Maria came from Nashville with a suitcase
in her hand
she said she'd like to meet a boy who looks
like Elvis
she walks along the edge of where the ocean
meets the land
just like she's walking on a wire in a circus
she parks her car outside of my house
takes her cloths off
says she's close to understanding Jesus
she knows she's just a little misunderstood
she has trouble acting normal when she's
nervous

Round here we're carving out our names
Round here we all look the same
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs

Round here she's slipping through my hands
sleeping children better run like the wind
out of th lightning dream
Mamas little baby better get herself in
out of the lightning
She says its only in her head
she says Shhh I know it's only in my head

Round here shes always on my mind
Round here hey man got lots of time
Round here we're never sent to bed early
And nobody makes us wait
Round here we stay up very,very,very,very late
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-)

(Message edited by buddie on January 10, 2007)
Qua da di

Mama Shine

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

Now that's just perfect. Frame that and put it on the wall.

Ain't orderin', just ate too much pizza. Need to get me a treadmill like Waxys.

buddie

Post Number: 3371
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh Mamas thank you but I can only
take the Directors Credits..
it's by Counting Crows A1 on ole'juke
I forget sometimes to follow up
but since were here lets just relax
with Sal :-)
Qua da di

buddie

Post Number: 3372
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Round here we stay up
Very,very,very,very late
Qua da di

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11243
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Great lyrics, buddie! I'm still working on getting my scans of artwork both old and new formatted so that they're clickable here. I think instead of waiting until they're all done, I'll put up the ones I've done so far:

New Acrylics & Alkyds Paintings (sold at WorldCon last summer) -

Maidenhair

Maidenhair detail

Morning!

Morning! detail

Old Acrylics Paintings -

Night Arising

Pastel Planetscape

Eagle’s Nest

Horsehead Nebula

Milky Way

Life Begins

[not sure of those titles]

I got a bunch of older stuff scanned in and uploaded to ImageShack when a gang of creepy bullies targeted me at the Black Vault. But the board's formatting there is different from UC's, so I need to go through and change all of it. The attacks at the BV are continuing, but the nasty crack made by the lead bully (that I was no more than a "mediocre computer artist") turned out to be a blessing in disguise, since it impelled me to dig out all those old photos and do the scanning and copyright notices on them....silver linings, huh?!

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 398
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ignore those idiots. Your work is inspiring and wonderful, i love it!

buddie

Post Number: 3385
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH Pat I've been dying to see some art in
here..I have your Night Rising on display
at work since forever also the Little girl
leaning on a hugh tree with a castle in the
back ground and your Window ...
Pat they are Yours and They are Spectacular :-)
Must tell Mamas to swim over...
Qua da di

Mama Shine

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 6:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patricia, (I always say Patricia instead of Pat cause one of my best friends in grammer and high school was named Patricia and everybody called her Trish or Pat but me--just love the way it sounds.) Harumph, now what was I saying...

Your pictures are fantastic!!! Thank you, I'll save them .

Gotta get back to the canal cause that gar fish is prolly playin' possum.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11252
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 1:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you so much, guys I meant to have the other half of them converted to this board's link system, but have to go run errands today. The jerks at the BV who insulted me actually insulted my alter The Painter. And she's got a lot of rage bottled up inside her, so the result was to make her furious enough to do that tedious sifting through drawers of photos, scanning, etc. AND, best of all, it also got her "out" enough to start painting again, after months without doing it at all. "Blessing our enemies" is one of those truisms that's true!

Seaweed Gate
Username: seaweed_gate

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry to intrude, ladies, but, Patricia, those paintings are beautiful! Wow! I like the Night Arising one! [applauds heartily]
So ladies, fish and gentlemen
Here’s my angled dream
See me in the blue sky bag
And meet me by the sea

moonhowler

Post Number: 634
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 3:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Terrific work, Patricia. You continue to amaze me. Keep at it.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11263
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you! Your compliments are like balm on The Painter's wounded soul. My whole alter system has been upset this week as the attack at the "Bleak Vault" (as one funny poster put it!) rages on, so I've been barely functional. My apologies for how flakey I've been here

The Artifact (old version)

Ocean Planetscape

Young Planet

Palm Beach ;o)

The Last Gargoyle

3D Collage

Old Pastel Drawings -

Susie CyberPunk (Posed for by Susie Owens, the same model who posed for Night Arising.)

First CyberBabe

2nd CyberBabe

3rd CyberBabe

Ladyhawk/pastel

Jackie Chan/pastel

Again, titles are mostly made-up ones--I can't remember what the original ones were, in most cases

Seaweed Gate
Username: seaweed_gate

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stunning, Patricia! Collage and Young Planet are particularly brilliant.
Thank you for sharing them! Keep up the excellent work!
So ladies, fish and gentlemen
Here’s my angled dream
See me in the blue sky bag
And meet me by the sea

seasidedaisy
Username: seasidedaisy

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Great job Patricia!! I loved 2nd & 3rd CyberBabe.

Ldyhawk369
Advanced Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 325
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 5:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Beautiful !!!

buddie

Post Number: 3433
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 5:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh Pat!! :-)

Sal passes buddie the tacks and hammer..
points to stack of art..she's a woman
of few words our Sal
The table is getting bigger
With more chairs in place EOP
Qua da di

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11266
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Glad you-all and Sal are happy with it [starts pounding in virtual nails to hang everything] It was really good for me to see those older images again and to remember the different media I once had such fun with....maybe it's time to try them again....[Pat wanders off in search of an art store to find pastel pencils and nice "toothy" papers]

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 400
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Those are great, pat.
I hope to get busy again soon. having lost all my art supplies in the flood, i have been waiting for the holidays and my birthday for some personal money gifts to replenish them.
yesterday i bought pastels, oil pastels, watercolors, pencils and paper.
today i bought a backpack portfolio, color pencils. a pen and ink, canvas, watercolor paper, erasers and sharpeners.
i was armed with coupons and sales flyers, and I managed to purchase a goodly amount of art supplies for surprisingly little money.
I hope to get going with my digital camera soon to post some stuff, but with dad's illness and myself having a flu, I have been out of commission.
i need to have all sorts of media available to me when i get an idea-just oils or watercolors never seem to do.

buddie

Post Number: 3450
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 9:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy that would be so cool..you only
have one (I think) on the wall..but that
was just before the flood..I think he's
blue..why am I thinking spiky hair..
do you remember the Pic kathy?
do you still have it?
Qua da di

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 401
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yes. i lost it in the flood, but found it online at c2c.it was a quick sketch of george noory in the future, and yes, I used shades of blue(first pencil i grabbed, lol).
I found it through this thread

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 402
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

here it is:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page1352.html?theme=light

(Message edited by kat on January 15, 2007)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 11271
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

COOL! I actually like the blue, since it gives a more colder, more futuristic look to the portrait. I'm so glad you'd gotten it up online before it was lost, kathy I now back-up all my computer art files frequently, so that I can't lose the images permanently, even if the originals are destroyed.

In the Oakland Hills Firestorm, several of my painting burned in their owners' homes and I've never been good at keeping track of photos of the originals, so I couldn't find the titles OR the negatives, which is really embarrassing for a pro artist

You other artists out there should at least take photos and burn CDs or DVDs of your work for off-site storage--send the disc to a friend for safe-keeping. Musicians should do it with their work, too. Most art is eventually lost over time, but there's no excuse for failing to at least try to preserve it.

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 404
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

great tips, Pat I went to my niece's wedding in the beginning of December, it was beautiful. She had a Christmas themed wedding, Lit trees, snowflakes, even her dress was trimmed with red satin, and she wore red shoes!i didn't get any good pics of her, but here are some of me and my hubby and daughter, and both of my sisters.:

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/billnkatdecker

hope you can get to see them.
Just click on each pic to enlarge and read caption.

(Message edited by kat on January 17, 2007)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Awww Kathy, You are so pretty-sweet-cute, I want to go give you a big hug.

buddie

Post Number: 3480
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy ...
and you have a beautiful family too.
Girl you have the sassiest eyes and smile!
now I will!! wet myself laughing the next
time you act up at one of Sals parties..LOL
Qua da di

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 405
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thank you ladies. sassy-yes I can be at times Lol.
Those are my official middle aged fotos-no others are acceptable!
my older sister Mary Lou is the one battling ovarian cancer-always looking for prayers for her.

Sal, I just drank the better part of a bottle of wine-any good cheese to go with the rest? Hey let's open another bottle and drink to life-the good, the bad, and the ugly!