Archive through January 24, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through January 24, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1440
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I still have the book..someplace. I already said I knew about Kali. I don't remember him mentioning lakshmi.. but I was 15 when I read the book. I am now 42 LOL From what I recall though..Yogananda considered all matter on the planet "god" so he would worship at statues of all gods because they were made from god. But if I did read about laksmhi in his book, I don't remember it consciously. If you say it's there, it probably is. I have to find that book...I hate looking for things. I always make Dave do it..LOL but he's not here.

I'm not knocking your Pathwork stuff, it's just for me personally it's kind of passe.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

seasidedaisy
Username: seasidedaisy

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A Guru dream is when the Guru appears to you. They say you don't come to the Guru the Guru come to you when you are ready.

I had an amazing dream last night.
I dreamed I was in my condo with my mom and daughter. The Virgin Mary came in. My mom didn't see her, my daughter saw her but didn't believe it was her. I knew who she was and when she walked by I said "you are beautiful." The Virgin then went in my living room and started to pray. I felt so blessed this morning after this dream.

In real life my mom is completely unaware, my daughter is a born again ... on a mission to save the world. I am just doing my time trying to love and pray for as many people I can.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 666
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Seaside, I had a dream about the mother of the next coming of Christ a few months back. She spoke not a word of her secret knowledge as the communication was all under the radar, so to speak. I could not determine if she was already pregnant, had just been born herself, or if she had just found out about this. She was fairly young, perhaps still a teenager. It was as if I was meeting her in the hallway of an airport. I thought later did she realize what she was in for? There was something very normal, very down to earth about this person. Calm, gentle, and able to keep a secret......kinda. She flashed me this very small knowing smile before we parted ways.....
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 795
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 3:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey cool Hale. maybe in our lifetimes then?
Carpe Diem!

seasidedaisy

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cool Dream Hale. How did you feel the next day?
Thinking of it she also seem secretive. She also seemed young. She had on a cream colored long dress (I would love to have that dress) and a headdress or vail she had dark hair(I saw her bangs)and huge beautiful brown eyes. she was stunning. it was amazing I hope I have another one someday.

Berghaus
Advanced Member
Username: berghaus

Post Number: 363
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal, please try to think back on your dream about the woman at the party.

Did she look you in the eye or completely avoid eye contact.?

Was there any physical contact between the two of you.?

Lastly, was there music playing, in the background.?

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1441
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kinda slipped off the board there..out of it yesterday. Today's kinda foggy for me too. I just adore when the Fibro-fog hits.

Well Berg, I don't remember hearing any music..however before that woman and I went to the birthday house, I was in the condo basement and I think my brother was handling some music albums.

I don't recall her and I touching in any way but we may have locked eyes at one point. Just briefly when we were packing to leave the place. It's not something I can say for sure, it's all foggy now. She was definitly NOT avoiding me in any way. She was very friendly. She was acting like I was her best friend or something. Like I said, if she was not a murderer, she'd be somebody I might hang with. It was almost like we were temporary partners in crime. Even though I know she would have killed me had I acted in any different way, I felt very little emotion toward her or the children. It was all very matter of fact. It was happening, I did not feel there was anything I could do about it, so let the show go on type thing. The very end of the dream I was driving down the road and it was about a week after the event. That is when I started feeling very guilty that I had not called the police and reported what I knew. It was'nt because I felt bad for the children though. It was simply because I knew it would have been the right thing to do. A part of me though liked the woman and kind of knew that nothing "wrong" had actually transpired. Which is pretty weird actually, but I knew nobody would see it that way. I did wake up feeling guilty though for not trying to help the authorities.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1442
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oooooo I really really don't want to ask this question because it's probably going to stir up some really bad feelings...I have a tendency to do this. But if I don't ask the question it's going to keep eating at me. Before anyone gets upset..know that I am not Hindu nor do I worship Hindu gods..so this is not about pointing fingers..it's a purely intellectual desire to understand..because I don't..and I need to..ok..I'll quit babbling and ask.

Oh and this is NOT aboyt YOU GUYS..it's about information you might have toward certain thought processes.

Once again I am NOT knocking anyone's belief system.

K. If a person has a dream about a religious icon, I have noticed that they usually tend to believe the deity is real. Such as the mary giving birth to Christ dream. (it's just an example ! lol) Ok so most people who have that dream, are christians and believe mary and Christ to be real and would interpret the dream to be a real event that will happen as in a physical human incarnation of Mary will give birth to a physical human incarnation of Christ (barring the fact that most christians don't believe in reincarnation..but you know what I mean) ( and I am NOT saying that won't happen ! it's just an example)

Ok. So if a Hindu dreams of Vishnu, or a Budhist dreams of Buddha, or a native American dreams of White Buffalo Calf woman, or a Muslim dreams of Mohammed.... and this applies to all religions and all belief systems personal or group...why does each belief system designate everyone else's dream as being "symbolic" when they believe their same religious dream experience to be literal ?

Again..I completely believe my dream to be symbolic...I am not hindu..it does'nt have anything to do with that. I am just wondering..how heavy does the character of the dream have to be to make it rise above the dreams of others ? I guess I am asking because I have had VERY profound dreams that sincerely run amuk with variety in religious icons. Were I to choose to believe any of them were real in a literal sense... how do I know which one is the real deal ? I can't believe they are all real or were or are going to be real because their doctorines often don't jibe. We'd end up with a diety war if they were all real. Since every belief system on the planet have people who dream about their icons..should'nt we question the validity of our own dreams ? Not the content..not the info imparted..but the icon as it transcends into our consciousness. "It looks like a human so it must be a human". "It appeared to me, therefore mine is real and everyone else's is symbol" ? I don't understand the human need to do this. I am NOT trying to belittle anyone's beliefs..I am so NOT doing that. I am just asking for understanding in what makes a diety concrete to you in a dream state ? How do you reconcile your diety dream as being real people and others as symbols ?

gads..I'm still not saying this right. Ok..I guess I'm gonna post it and let everyone get po'd..I just can't find the words. oh..and I am NOT accusing anyone here of doing this ! Don't take it that way. The concversation just reminded me of something I have wondered for a long time. What is the thought process behind deciding yours is real and others are symbol ? Not YOU GUYS..but having the beliefs you do..I know you have run into people who do this..I have..frekin' anyone who is spiritual at all has run into these people. I just want to know if you have any more insight into this thought process than I do ?

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2259
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal,
Kali is sometimes thought of the expression of the Divine as Mother Nature, or God as expressed in manifested creation. Hence the duality of beauty and death, good and evil, etc., which we experience as long as we are anchored to this reality.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 6:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, Southern Cross, that makes a whole lot of sense. It reminds me of a dream my neighbor had with me in it a long time ago. He saw the great grandmother..it was a Native dream..the guy was was white..redneck type who knew nothing about native mythos. He was so excited by the dream he got right out of bed and ran over to my place. He said in the dream I was speaking with The Great grandmother..but she did'nt look old he said. He said she walked past a group of people who had been waiting for her and came directly to me and spoke. very matter of fact. I'm not reading anything grand about myself into this, just noting the similarity. If kali is Mother Nature, then she was reacting to the children with the same...um lack of acknowledgemtn that the Great grandmother did to the crowd that had been waiting for her. I just recently thought about it and took the neighbor's dream to mean that I can speak to mother earth..hear her more or less. I think it was prophetic about me being earth sensitive. I think the kali/Lakshmi dream though is something more pertinant to NOW. maybe. I just don't know.

I DO remember thinking how much the figurine Lakshmi reminded me of the icons of the Virgin mary, even though it was not exactly like those icons..but damn similar. I think mary is simply nature too. More exact, the water element of nature... "Mary" means "sea" and "ocean" in it's most ancient form. It's quite a coincidence that Lakshmi is also the goddess of the ocean. hmmmm The transalations you find now are new translations. The first letter ever written was M. Vowels were not used at this time. The consonants sprang up first. The first two words were MN and MR. Rats..I don't have my translations here. I think MN meant "all matter liquid and solid" and became the embodiement of "volcano" and "mountain" because to the ancients a volcano was both matter, solid and liquid. M designated liquid. MR designated bodies of water. At first it was all bodies of water, then they varied it to describes lakes, seas, oceans etc... but ancient names containing "MR" are ocean names. If the name contains only two consonants "MR" it directly means "ocean" or "sea". The weird definitions you find now are ..fabricated actually. Yes fabricated from old times..but fabricated none the less long after these stories originated. The people put vowels to words for pronunciation sake..made up new words that contained the original etymology, but meant more complex things. For instance.. I just did a web search on "mary" and it's definitions are "Bitterly wanted child" translated from hebrew. I have seen other definitions as well. These are new translations. These translations come from words of stories that were built upon but originally read "MR" "ocean".

I guess my point is, whether we dream of Lakshmi or Mary, they are both related to the ocean. It's an intesting coincidence..if coincidence it was.

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 6542
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 7:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal said:

quote:

Ok. So if a Hindu dreams of Vishnu, or a Budhist dreams of Buddha, or a native American dreams of White Buffalo Calf woman, or a Muslim dreams of Mohammed.... and this applies to all religions and all belief systems personal or group...why does each belief system designate everyone else's dream as being "symbolic" when they believe their same religious dream experience to be literal ?

Because "belief systems" are inherently self-limiting, and therefore blind—unable to see past the nose on their faces, most often.
“Question what’s real. Question who’s real. Trust your own discernment.”

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2264
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 7:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think that God tends to appear to his devotees in forms that they relate to. But sometimes we do experience cross over. I have had quite a few experience with this myself.

Krystal,
Also, the goddess, Yamanga, in Cadomble, (sp?) rules the ocean. The African slaves used statues of Mary to represent her.

fortwynt
Advanced Member
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 329
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think some dreams are symbolic and some are true blue communication...differentiating between the two is obviously up to the individual, but I agree that "God", if God, is capable of any form and most definitely can become whatever form that particular section of people think of as God.
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

--Ghandi

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas, I understand that belief systems are self limiting. What I don't understand is the thought process behind it. I was raised Mormon and there is about no more a self limiting religion than that..LOL..but..even as a child when I encountered things about other religions and their deities...I could never discount it. It never even occurred to me to discount other's deities. I think I was born funky. LOL I also think this is why I ask these weird questions. because I literally don't have whatever functionality it takes to come to these definitive conclusions. Then people get ticked at me. But I want to know..what goes through a person of one beliefs mind when another person relates a dream or whatever about a diety other than their own ? It MUST occur to them that they have had dreams about their diety as well that they believe firmly in. The experiences are just as real for one as the other. I want to know what the thought process is for discarding the other person's expereince as "symbolic" or even fantasy. I suppose..it might not occur to them at all but somehow I can't deal with that. I mean is it possible they simply don't think about it ? That's so scary to me. Argh..I am so aware I am nowhere near where I want to be in explaining what I want to know LOL Ok..let's forget this until I can come up with the right words. My brain is being lame.

Southern Cross..Thank You ! I've never heard about that. Very interesting indeed ! Another coincidence ? When do we hit synchronicity ? LOL Ah..everything I've learned this year I hit it along time ago.

Yes fort, I'm just wondering how people differentiate between the two..for other people. Perhaps...people are too scared to question because if they did they would have to be honest with themselves and somehow...they think it would detract from their own diety if they acknowledged someone elses as being as real as they believe theirs to be ? But..it still has to occur to them...does'nt it ?..arghh nevermind nevermind...just one of my stupid philosophical loops. LOL I never said anything.

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 332
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, personally anytime i hear someone tell me they dreamed of "Buddha/God/Jesus/Mary/Krishna...I just assume that it very well could be the real deal" but even if it were symbolic it would still serve the purpose generally apeakng

--Ghandi

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 98
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think you all make great points. I believe God appears to us as someone we can relate to. I also believe as humans we tend to be blind to those things that are not right in front of our faces. I also agree with fortwynt that the challenge is in distinguishing between true communication and the random synaptic firings of our brains.

Southern Cross I can relate to the crossover condition you speak of as well. I was raised to be Christian but have always had a fascination with the Buddha figure. My Grandmother had a Buddha figure that she kept on her front porch. My mother told me that as a child I was mesmerized by it and would spend hours playing with it as a child. My Grandmother has since passed to the other side and that statue now sits in my garden.
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1445
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Coincidence number 3.. rebecca just posted two "water" dreams in the prediction site thread.

schorl
Username: schorl

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Words are symbols of thought. We use them, but do we always believe them? Not only are words only symbols, but they come in many languages. The opportunity for misunderstanding abounds. Personal interpretation at any level can lead to many conclusions.

Now consider visual symbols and it gets even deeper.

Are any "symbols" alive? Or is there something alive behind the symbols that symbols cannot always adequately express?

seasidedaisy

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I had a dream about going down a steep hill, mostly dirt and rocks. I got about halfway down then realized the river I needed to cross was flooded so I turned around and was climbing back up the hill. I was having a difficult time because the dirt was turning into mud.
As I was going up the hill I noticed people going down and I tried to tell them the river was flooded but the couldn't hear me or didn't listen. There was one older woman going down and I tried to yell at at her "hey the river is flooded" but she didn't notice. She was wearing bright orange clothes.
I made it to the top then I went to the lost and found at Disney. On my way there I was pointing out the flooded river but no one else could see it.I lost my cell phone and somehow picked up someone elses cell phone, in my dream I knew it was a mans phone. The phone was old and needed repair and I couldn't dial the numbers correctly. So appears some of my high school friends and one girl let me use her phone. She had to take the back off and dialed with some weird code but when she dialed it dialed the wrong number. I was thinking my fingers were too big for the phone and it took too much effort to dial correctly. Then another friend who had a new phone let me use it and it worked.
The only thing that was important on my cell was that I would lose my bf's number (he's my bf in real life)
I then saw my Aunt who said she located my phone and it would be there in a minute. I was looking at the lost and found items. Disney was selling other peoples things they left and I wondered how they could do that. There were stuffed animals and toy guns.
My Aunt lead me to my mom who was mad at me. I thought this is nothing new but I had to get out of there. I thought okay I am going to drive home in my car but I only had $100. I thought I would have to sleep in my car because I didn't have enough money for gas and a room. I was going to be paid in a week from then. I also thought that if i needed money I knew people would help me along the way.

I have been having very vivid dreams lately.

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 9:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sounds like theres something of an element in your waking life where you don't feel anyone (or someone specific)heeds your warnings or notices the unique things about you...thats just my assessment though, it could be prophetic, such is the beauty of dreams, ya never know till ya know i suppose...

--Ghandi

avena
Username: avena

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

“Yes fort, I'm just wondering how people differentiate between the two..for other people. Perhaps...people are too scared to question because if they did they would have to be honest with themselves and somehow...they think it would detract from their own diety if they acknowledged someone elses as being as real as they believe theirs to be ? But..it still has to occur to them...does'nt it ?..”

Krystal, perhaps it’s not so much that they would detract from their own deity as it is that it would force them to acknowledge the interconnectedness of all life, including the gods/goddesses. To do so would mean a huge shift in the way that the majority of human societies function and many (possibly most) aren’t ready for that kind of paradigm shift. Consequently they fight to maintain distinctions and separations.
I agree with SouthernCross and Damon in that higher energies will often appear in the form which the intended “viewer” is most able to accept them.

schorl
Username: schorl

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 9:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I agree with SouthernCross and Damon in that higher energies will often appear in the form which the intended “viewer” is most able to accept them.

I guess I would have to disagree with that Avena. Only because, sometimes a symbol or diety may appear that one has not learned yet about, but will at some point in the future for some purpose relating to that particular aspect of things. I have to say from personal experience that I have had many cross-cultural dreams that did not make much sense until I investigated the mythos behind the diety or symbol.

In other words, it did not always go in reverse from what I had already believed or had been exposed to.

(Message edited by schorl on January 18, 2007)

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2265
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I also have had many experiences of "cross cultural" dieties. After a time, I learned their meaning. I am open to the concept that I may be accessing either past lives or simultaneous lives (I don't believe in time, as we understand it) and that these "lives" influence my current one.

I am really tuned in to water right now. I have been in Cozumel for a week now, and have been focused on the reflective qualities of light as it interacts with the clear water. When the light moves through clear water, and bounces back from the sand, it produces the most beautiful, translucent turquoise that I have ever seen. When the waves move across that light, they catch the reds, and make violet ribbons over the turquoise. If I were back in the 60's, I would say, "oh the colors, the colors..." But no good drugs were involved in any of this. I also burned the hell out of my back looking at "the colors."

I think water is trying to get a message through to our group?

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 336
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think Christians in particular have a hard time with "other deities" for obvious reasons" namely their church teaches them that there is no other deity but one...which isn't necessarily even what their bible says...personally i'm basically a christian who believes that there are many gods but only one creator/ultimate being above all others...in other words if one is speaking in scientific terms I believe that there is logically a step up to each species of life where the higher order of beings exist, all the way up till you get to the creator being.

--Ghandi

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3494
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fortwynt..
Perhaps you may like this one?
How we look at something often
determines what it is.

(Message edited by buddie on January 18, 2007)
Qua da di

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 339
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I do believe in certain circumstances our perception may alter the physical structure of something, but i still must believe there is a base "true" reality which is independent of our senses or how we perceive it.

--Ghandi

buddie

Post Number: 3495
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was referring to your post # 336
be good :-)
Qua da di

avena
Username: avena

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I guess what I was trying to convey was that ultimately everything is energy. How these different energies are perceived in this current plane of existence is very individualistic. For many they do take on a form that is recognizable or known to them. I didn’t mean to imply that this was always the case, just that it does often happen in this way.
The messages and symbols of these energies can be conveyed in many forms, not all of them immediately recognizable. Sometimes the “quest” brought about by experiencing the unknown can be a significant part of the lesson or message itself.
Ultimately, it all depends on the individual and their personal path.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1448
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi avena, new member eh ? Wait until you see the initiation ceremony... heh heh heh

Yes, I think all of you have made great points. In fairness I think I will tell you how this got started. It was actually back when I was uh..somwhere between 18 and 20. I had some native friends who were members of the Mormon church...Ok..it was Hale and seasidedaisies post that made me think of this past experience and get all...philiosophical about it again. It was'nt them..it was the content that just reminded me. Ok on of the girls was named Frosty. She had been having some very vivid dreams about the the Golden plates and jesus and mary etc.. She flet they were prophetic and went to the president of the church..he told her that women can't have prophetic dreams and that the people in the dreams she thought to be mary and Jesus were actually Satan. She got excommunicated for having dreams of Satan. I am not kidding. Having had deity dreams myself at that point..I ..well that is what got me thinking about all this. I've never directly asked anyone and I have run into this behaviour many times afterward. It's just the two posts were similar to what frosty had drempt and it reminded me of the whole incident and my question again so I thought I'd take the plunge and see if anyone could help me understand it. I really appreciate everyone's indulgence and good form about this. I thought everyone would be ticked.

Southern Cros.. I was wondering about that earlier. I think you are right. Water is trying to get a message to our group. I'm hoping Berg gets on here. I am anxious to see what he has to say.

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 342
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow how totally closed minded for them to do such a thing to a woman...not surprising though, as I was brought up in a very strict fundamentalist Pentacostal church so I can definitely sympathize with how strange they act about things sometimes.

buddie: hehe

--Ghandi

Hale

Post Number: 673
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 12:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just love it when I write something and have to erase it all.

I think there are beings that incarnate as people and stories rise up around them. They wind up becoming deified in the process, and become something other than what they were. I think it arises out of some deep human need. We see what we want to see in some cases. Personally I have always been much more interested in who the person was in the case of a physical persona (as opposed to the deification of that personality).

In the case of supernatural beings, like a Thunder Being or Quetzalcoatle, for instance, I think there is a being behind the mask, but who? I don't know entirely for sure. But I do think that they don a mask in order to relate information to the self that it needs to know.

I know I have had such cross cultural experiences, some tied to this life and some to others, and my suspicion has been that these have come about as a result of a cultural association with these beings at some point in time (in this life or in others). That is to say that another self ("past" "present" or future life or self) knows and this information simply bleeds through. Somewhere, at some level I do know and experience the being as it was experienced within that cultural context. But to me, it is a bit like a play. Perhaps it is all lines from a script and plenty of makeup, but the point is in relating some deeper knowledge. The play, then, becomes the means by which this information is relayed to the self. And perhaps the beings who appear know this and participate willingly. It is like this construct that is at its root creative in nature, and through that manifestation it expresses and communicates within the constraints of that culture, religion or spiritual belief. It attempts, then, to take the limitations placed upon it supersedes those limits (if they are successful).
12¢

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 357
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i had, what I thought anyway, was a very disturbing dream...the first like this specifically....i was washing dishes at the end of my home, looking out the picture window up at the mountains, seeing 2 stars slightly off center of one another...then they take off moving quickly behind the mountain, after a few seconds they come back into view and proceed to circle around each other in a very strange way....someone standing near me has binoculars and proceeds to look at the "stars" which immediately then "fall" quickly from high up and come sweeping down in front of the mountain...I grab the binoculars and as i study what appears to be a dish shaped saucer-craft, i notice the more closely i look the more i can see "through it"...i notice a figure, at which point I start to panic...it looked much like the picture in my profile, but i could barely make it out "behind the wall" as it were, but i do remember getting very panicky and saying "i dont want to see this" and throwing the binoculars down...next memory has me IN the "ship"...there is one "Human" pilot? and one "visitor" type character...as it turns its head to look at me i notice, with some horror, that it is as thin as paper...like the paper on a paper grocery bag and it has something of a hard time turning to look at me...when it speaks it sounds very deep, like a video game villian laugh i dunno...at that point i woke myself up because the sound of it was just too horrifying whatwith the type of being i was looking at....interesting.

--Ghandi

buddie

Post Number: 3528
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fortwynt..is there a story to the
picture in your profile ..
why you chose it ? because it really
looks like the being you described
Qua da di

Hale

Post Number: 678
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay just for the record....I was writing to a friend from UC and was writing about dreams and it occurred to me that the weird creature that I shared breath with earlier in the month had NO whites to its eyes. Blue and black. That was it. And flat eyes....flat eyeballs, that is. Very round.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2285
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
Did it have lips?

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 102
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had another UFO dream last night……..

I was standing on a neighborhood street. The houses where small, single level, mostly white, square and kind of close together. Sidewalks lined the street and it went downhill away from me in the direction I was looking. It was a mostly cloudy day. I’m standing looking down the street at a black shape that is coming in my direction. It is flying slowly, just above the houses on the street. As it gets closer to me I recognize it to be some sort of military craft. This part was kind of weird because my mind seemed to be split, half observer, half participant in the dream. Like I was inside someone else’s head seeing this unfold. The observer in me had no idea what he was looking at, but the participant knew what they were seeing. What I saw was a black craft, triangular in shape, sleek and small. It could have only held one or two occupants. It looked a little like our F-117A fighter, but smaller, no wings and no tail section. There were no visible markings on the craft anywhere. As it flew past me I noticed other people standing across the street from me. They seemed concerned and said “they shouldn’t be out at this time, their looking for something” At that moment she looks over my shoulder up into the sky and points. Behind the cloud can be seen a huge craft. I can’t make out a shape because I can only see the leading edge. There were some lights but I can’t recall the color at this time. Suddenly another smaller craft bursts through the cloud and as it does the cloud moves away from it leaving a hole where it passed through. It is coming straight at me moving very fast. As it passes over my head I see some sort of marking on the belly of the craft. It looked like an equal sign with three lines instead of two, next to that was a straight line running up and down, and next to that was a wavy, s shaped symbol. The markings were white, bold, and very prominent. The ship itself was a deep grey/green, disc shaped, flat on the bottom, and dome shaped on top. The dome was offset to the right side of the craft though. The craft also was segmented, around the dome, a ring within a ring. As it passed over me it made a sharp turn and as it did the dome portion of the craft tilted into the turn. That’s when I noticed the black craft coming after it. Both of the craft shot out of sight.

The scene shifts and I’m in a room floating above two men looking at a large map being projected on a table. There are dots and lines drawn on it. One man says to the other “it was sighted over Seattle a few minutes ago.” The other man replies “can we track them now?” He says yes and the map is replaced by an image of the same black craft I had just seen. He points out two additions that had been added and it is being highlighted in silver.

The scene shifts again and I’m floating up in the clouds, looking up at the mother ship. It also seems to be segmented as its rotating on a few different axises. As I stand there in awe of what I’m seeing the image fades and I wake up.
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

Hale

Post Number: 679
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 11:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's tricky SC because at one point its mouth was making this "O" shape, which was kind of freaky.

Well, yes, I think it had to. I basically kissed it. But not big lips. The whole "O" mouth shape tended to obscure the mouth. I think if she had lips, they were minimal. Also, the color of her face made it hard to see features well. Imagine a Geisha with white face makeup....but NO red lipstick. Do you see how that would obscure features? basically the same in my dream situation.

Those flipping Mormons. I'd like to say they are morons, but I might get the boot from the board.
In JOel (Old Testament) he says both men and women will have dreams and visions in the days ahead. I guess they conveniently forgot that little part in Joel (which seems certainly to speak to some times a lot like ours......). The truth is, these PEOPLE are not allowing divinity to move them, but ignorance. So sad, really. I'd hate living my life with my head shoved firmly up my behind. What? Didn't you know that if you are a WOMAN having some dream that it is EVIL (women are fallen and tried to drag men down with them......some people are sooooo full of loathing it is just sick sick sick!)

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 6590
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love it when the Mormons come to my door; I am always polite—but inquisitive. VERY inquisitive. The latest batch turned out to be the most interesting conversation of them all.

By the time they left, I felt—and one of them even said—that I had planted a "virus" in his belief system.

I hope it was a retrovirus—the kind that leads to the formation of more, identical viruses—but this time, in a twist, actually enhancing the health of the host.
“Question what’s real. Question who’s real. Trust your own discernment.”

miaree9
Advanced Member
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 415
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 2:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed about a very clean-shaven, short-haired John Hogue last night. We were discussing many of the things he talked about on Dreamland and in the Subscriber interview; however, the focus was on the part I would play in the events of the near future. It was a fascinating dream.

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well this is frustrating. . .

I had a dream where I was on a commercial airliner and right after take-off they passed out bottles of champagne and everybody popped them open to celebrate the New Year.

. . . and another where I was standing on a thirty-foot tall stack of trucks (huh?) trying to figure out how to get them unstacked and seeing a co-worker drive off in my car, which he had decided to borrow without consulting me. . .

Both of those dreams were pretty one-of-a-kind for me, but there was another one that seemed very significant and almost completely eclipsed the others for the first hour or so of the morning, but now I can't recall a shred of it.

Alas! The profanity filter prevents me from adequately expressing my frustration!
"Scientific progress goes boink?"
--Hobbes

dirkwright

Post Number: 844
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had several dreams last night, but the one that touched me the most was meeting a woman and having her choose me, to accept my interest in her. It was delightful, that moment when "like" starts to move towards "love", when it becomes more than a casual interest, when you start holding hands and enjoying being together. She's a Capricorn, but I did not recognize her. I don't know who she is, but I'm grateful for the feeling of coming together for the first time since it's been many years since I've had that experience. She's able to do shape shifting, since she turned into a dog during our time together. Then she fell asleep and I put her in my lap. I've met shape shifting women before. It's an interesting talent.
Carpe Diem!

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 363
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, i seem to be slightly obsessed, as i've found others on here are, with sketching the "visitor" image...my hands seem to "want" to draw the eyes as soon as i pick up a pen/pencil...that particular drawing was done several years ago and i liked it so i put it on here...thanks for noticing.

--Ghandi

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2298
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
I think some geisha makeup did not include all of the lip area. I suspect that there is something like symbolic communication with the makeup image.

Dirk,
It sounds like you have connected with a new woman who is important to you in spirit. How wonderful for you.

Hale

Post Number: 681
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC: right, the makeup did not. But the being did not look like it was necessarily wearing makeup (there was a kind of monochrome look to the skin that made this appear so, but more because I am lacking for a way to describe it). It did not have a powdery sort of covering that makes the face all one color (even though the skin is all one color). It was almost as if the skin was of a different consistency almost like the skin layer may have been thicker than ours maybe. I think I was soooo drawn by the eyes that I focused on them. I'd have to think about having lips. I mean, I am sure she had them, but they were not full like ours. I don't think. The skin had more in common with creatures like porpoises and whales (baluga) than our skin. Something about it did not read as our skin. Anyway.....

Dirk---please don't tell me you played fetch with her. Golden Retriever maybe? I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!

Damon, that is a very interesting dream. the black triangle is a shape that I have always associated with the military....these same shapes are all over the nuforc.org site. You can search by shape. there are a lot of sightings of craft that seem to be powered by the same thing that the visitor crafts are, are driven at night mostly, and bear the same stealth black matte covering that other stealth craft do. They LOOK like they are alien because of how they move, but I think it is an example of our tax dollars at work. But interesting dual focus. I have had similar kinds of focus before. I always wondered what that was.....two dreams merging, or two brain states, or does the dream self "create" two perspectives for us to work our way through in the dream. I always find this kind of split focus fascinating.

(Message edited by hale on January 21, 2007)

dirkwright

Post Number: 846
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 7:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

She could have been someone I know, who knows. People look different from different perspectives so I don't really know. I'm not good at identifying people in dreams some times.
Carpe Diem!

Damon
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, I have the split focus dreams a lot and enjoy them most. In this state I feel more like I'm watching a movie and my recall is at the highest.

Hale

Post Number: 690
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have found in the last few months my dream structure has changed in subtle ways. I now have the 5 second "quickie" that I get just upon awakening. I can also have the quickie after I have awakaned, but put my head back on the pillow. This "quickie" is often more a flash of something.

This happened not so long ago where I saw my soon to be assistant (whom Ihad never met before) walk in front of a window of my shop. Once I met him, he was the spitting image in the dream. This one lasted all of three or four seconds, for example. Sometimes just a flash of an image with little or no context in which to place it. Like a flash card. Frustrating. I suppose I should learn to try and extend this flash to something that will allow me to get something more useful out of it. It almost feels like a message being sent to me, and less a dream. Perhaps when the brain state begins to move from dream to waking, a kind of dual focus can occur. Damon, I have been able on a couple of occassions to have a split focus also, but not in the same way as you related in the dream. I know what you are talking about, though, and it can be pretty cool to experience (sit back and let the mind soak it all in in dual focus). I have been able to use my emerging waking state to observe what the dream mind is doing. I recall watching as some symbols from dream were being translated into a form that would "work" in the physical waking world, almost like glimpsing some kind of source code. It was also perhaps like watching a monk translating some arcane text from Greek into Latin. Perhaps some things do not translate well, so these are things that are the most personal and hard to interpret literally.

Time to dream.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5316
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 9:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

a capricorn, huh....gee, who could THAT be?

dirkwright

Post Number: 870
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 9:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, thanks to you susi, I think that's the last dream I will ever post to this thread.
Carpe Diem!

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5320
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh yeah, like no one knows who you're talking about. gimme a break.