Archive through January 17, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through January 17, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 641
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC, maybe the dream has something to do with idealized human beauty?
Carpe Diem!

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2193
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
It was more like a complicated version of
this

Skywriter
Username: mt3

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddhist thanka painters do something similar when they paint the ideal features of Buddhas. It is very mathematical and measured. Here is a quick link example I found on google.

http://www.thangka.co.uk/p03.htm

The process of the artist is explained on this link:

http://www.himalayanmart.com/lama_thangka/thangka_painting_process.htm

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 654
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have been familiar with iconography and how rigid it can be, but I think if I was a buddha painter/sculptor, I'd pull my hair out, and go running screaming from the peaceful surround of the shop/studio!

Jolinda, your link does not seem to work "this"
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

dirkwright

Post Number: 647
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 6:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's very interesting SC, I had no idea that people spent time on analyzing beauty. Thanks for the link.
Carpe Diem!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2199
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I couldn't get the link to work.

http://library.thinkquest.org/05aug/01274/phibeauty1.htm

dirkwright

Post Number: 653
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 6:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, fascinating! thanks. Maybe your dream was about you planning this life before you were born?
Carpe Diem!

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5193
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 7:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, i dreamed of an explosion. not a mega explosion, a small one. i cannot remember any details other than that.

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed of Ben, one of my favorite people in the world. He had been out west and was traveling back to Michigan. He decided to stop briefly in ND to say hi. Since the kids have left, I always keep the house very tidy, but in the dream it was'nt. It was chaos and I was embarrassed. (me being embarrassed about the house around Ben is weird because he's been there in the thick of things when every teen in the land was using my place to crash) But, it was still a good visit. Quick though..he had some meeting he had to get to. Ben's my angel. The first time I saw him I knew I had known him for..ever. LOL I miss him.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

fortwynt
Advanced Member
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 276
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 4:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Does anyone else besides me find themselves, while in a dream, "remembering" that something that is happening in the dream has happened many times before, but once you wake up realizing that it was the first time you'd ever dreamed it and wondering where you got the idea in the dream that it had happened many times?....not sure if you get what I'm saying.
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

--Ghandi

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 6456
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 5:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes. I think we are people "living separate lives"—from ourselves. This happens to me regularly, Fortwynt. When I wake up (as in the middle of the night, and get a drink of water or something), I then go back to bed, and normally pick up in my dream right where I left off. And these are strange dreams; the interior spaces in these dreams are always the same, the same characters involved every time, and as you say I am fully aware of my "past" inside the dream, while only dimly aware of it once I wake up.

Conversely, while in the dream state, I am dimly aware of my reality "here" (the reality from which I type this), while the dream state seems to be what is "real."

I think our lives are multi-layered ones inside ordinary and non-ordinary realities.
“Question what’s real. Question who’s real. Trust your own discernment.”

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 6:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, I've had the same thing happen. I agree with Thomas. It's kinda cool if ya think about it. LOL but it never stops me from wracking my brain trying to remember when it had happened before.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

rebecca
Intermediate Member
Username: rebecca

Post Number: 109
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

These are two dreams my husband had within the past week. He told them to me Friday night. I am writing about them here because they are a bit strange and would like some feedback but also because he very rarely remembers his dreams and usually they are just weird as in making no sense whatsoever.

The first dream (rated PG-13: we were lying in bed naked, he was lying in a fetal position between my legs with his head pointed towards my feet. Suddenly, he got sucked up inside of me. Someone told me/us/him that there would have to be some event, I'm not very clear on this part, in order for him to be able to get out. I think the same circumstances that caused him to be sucked in would have to occur in order for him to get out and be as he was. If this did not happen, he would have to wait nine months and then I would give birth to him but he would be a baby and would have to start life all over again.

The second dream: he said both of us had a chip implanted in us. He did not know what kind of chip or who did it but it was not from earth. Anyway, this chip caused us to age very slowly so that we would be able to live 800 years or so. It also healed us of all disease, aches, and pains. It also allowed us to heal others. He said we were healing other people, at least those around us. At some point the government found out and took us to do some tests. They wanted to extract the chip so that they could test it as well but the doctor involved said that if they took out the chip there was a big possibility that the chip would die and so would we.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this may mean? Thank you!

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The first dream is the same type of dream my daughter and I have before a significant earth event. Both of us were having birthing dreams before the Sumatra quake/tsunami for instance. The birthing aspect means new earth will be born..and that is exactly what happened. The quake that caused the tsunami was actually a tectonic slide that opened up the plate and created a large underwater volcano that will eventually break surface and become an island. (you can find that in UC archives) and considering what Berg and I have been feeling...maybe your husband is earth sensitive and dow'nt know it.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2205
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The other night I went fully lucid in a dream and started flying. I decided to see if I could fly high enough to see the curve of the earth. For some reason, in my lucid dreams, I have issues with flying beyond tree height. I thought that I needed to use my thoughts to move my non physical body, and I was able to get high enough to see the earth and all the planets in their orbits around the sun. I noticed that when I got into outer space, I had trouble "seeing," and had to ask for more light. Then my vision cleared.

dirkwright

Post Number: 672
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 4:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, that's really cool SC. I remember dreams, but I haven't been lucid in a long while, let alone flying.

Oh wait, this morning I had a lucid dream. It was in my childhood home again. My wife showed up.

I guess lucid dreams are no big deal for me anymore, so I don't report them. I have visitors fairly often that give me messages. I also receive information directly through ideas.

(Message edited by dirkwright on January 15, 2007)
Carpe Diem!

dirkwright

Post Number: 674
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There's a movement I do during my dance therapy to new age music that is like flying. It's not exactly flapping my arms like a bird, but I can't describe it really. I find that it puts me in a state of ecstasy and bliss, at least for a few moments, it feels that good.
Carpe Diem!

dirkwright

Post Number: 683
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a wonderful dream about being a teenager and in love with a lovely girl. We had to keep our love a secret though, but I still adored her.
Carpe Diem!

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5215
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 9:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, i dreamed of britany spears last night. i don't even LIKE her. but it was so detailed and vivid. somehow i had hooked up with her and she was getting ready to tape a video. she wanted me to be one of the background chicks. (i must have been younger in the dream lol)

one of the male dancers keps pawing me and i told him to knock it off or he'd be picking his teeth off the ground.

then we left to just go out and hang out. i took her to my kareoke joint. we did other stuff but the main thrust of the dream was when she wasn't 'on' she was quiet, and very sad. she didn't seem to be happy at all. it made me feel bad.

the only thing i can get from this dream is a message for me not to be so judgemental. i never could stand her but we never know what they may be going through privately.

dirkwright

Post Number: 684
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 9:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, I think you've got it susi. I'm sure most of those stars are very depressed in private. The feed on the attention they get, but when it's gone, it's probably like some kind of serious withdrawal. The let down from that kind of a high must be terrible.
Carpe Diem!

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1421
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was living in a condo. I kinda felt like me, but I don't know if I was..or if I was, I felt younger.
Some girl in the condo complex was having a birthday party. I think I might have stayed overnight at her house, but had run back over to mine just before the party. The birthday girl was a child. I guess around 10ish. I really don't know what I was, although I kind of recall my father and brother living in the same condo so I think I might have been a young girl too, but about 14 maybe.
There was a young woman. I don't know where she came from, how she got there...but we all trusted her. Maybe she was a babysitter or something. Her hair was kind of short and straight. She was'nt very tall. She was thin to average build, wearing jeans I think.
She was going over to the birthday girl's house. She asked me if I wanted to go and help her. I got suspicious at this point but I had this feeling that I had better play along and not cross her. Part of me was curious and intrigued by my own feeling of suspicion about her. It seemed exciting.
We entered through a back door. Sliding glass I think, but it entered directly into the girl's bedroom. The same room I had stayed the night with her in. I knew something was wrong. At some point, and I don't remember how I got the info, but I knew the older young woman had killed the birthday girl. The young woman was very cordial to me for some reason. I was acting completely non-plussed by the whole thing. I was aware that if I acted any other way she would kill me too, but I was'nt terribly afraid because I knew if I kept acting like it was all cool, she would'nt hurt me. It was like she desperately wanted a friend, and I noted that actually..were it not for the murger..I might have been her friend. She was very nice...other than being a murderor. Definitly street smart though.

The kids started arriving for the birthday party. We had been chatting and she almost blew it. She said "Oh sh** ! They're here" and ran out the door to the hall to intercept before anyone saw the blood or knew something was wrong. The parents were just leaving the kids there and she was greeting the parents and taking the kids. She'd lead them into the house then kill them. It all happened very quickly. I don't know why I did not leave while she was doing that. I was'nt paralyzed with fear but I remember imagining that at this point the police would think I was her accomplis or something. I had stayed the night with the birthday girl and I knew they'd find it suspicious. While she was killing, I was looking around the room for anything that might incriminate me. I had not brought much, but put a couple of things into my duffle bag, and began to wipe my prints off of two drinking glasses I had used in the room.
I saw a figuringe that was in the young woman's open tote bag. It looked a lot like the one I carried in mine. I got mine out and the two figurines were very similar. At this point the young woman came back in and saw what I was doing. She took out her figurine and held it next to mine. Mine was china, circa 1920 maybe. Hers was plastic. They were not identical but very similar except everything was reversed each figureine from the other. They kind of looked like angels I guess, female. Both were holding a flower in each hand. The arms were crossed. One flower was a red lily, the other was a blue..something. Kind of like a chrysanthimum I guess. Each figurine was holding the flowers reverse from the other (right/left hand). She commented on how similar they were. Oh, I remember at one point trying to make her believe I had killed someone before. She believed me. ( I had actually been thinking about gutting a deer so I could describe certain sensations to her and she would believe I had killed a person. I was very intent through the whole thing not to slip up so she would not kill me too. I think she did things with the children's bodies. Cut them open or something. I did not watch and she was cool with me wiping off prints and what not. She took it to mean I was protecting her from getting caught and I just let her think that so I would not have to help her with the children.
After this point my memory of the dream is sketchy. I did not tell the police or anyone what had happened. Nobody knew I had been there and the young woman had taken off to another city. I think a week or so went by and I thought about telling the police but then it would look even more suspicious. I just wanted to forget about the whole thing.

When I woke up I was feeling very guilty.

This is a very weird dream for me. People in my dreams don't get murdered much less would I just let it happen. I am not sure if I was actually me in the dream though or if I was overlapping a character of the dream. I mean it was'nt ME as I am in a waking state for sure. Had it been me..I would have gone 10 shades of medievil on her arse. But I'm afraid it might have been me on a subconscious level. I just don't know. I don't dream stuff like this. Too weird. I had very little emotion through the whole thing and it was disturbing that I had so little emotion. I'm seriously hoping this was not a prophetic dream and some serial killer of children is running loose out there. I just don't know why I would dream something like that.

dirkwright

Post Number: 687
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal, sometimes we share life experiences from members of our soul group and they come to us as dreams.
Carpe Diem!

schorl
Username: schorl

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sounds like Kali and possible left/right hand paths of Tantra.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1423
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh my. I am remembering this from like 20 years ago..but isn't Kali "the destroyer" ? If that's right..I might understand what this dream is.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1424
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hmmm just looked..and it looks more like this hindu deity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakshmi

schorl

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

But would the goddess of wealth and purity double as a child gutter? I guess it would depend upon the symbolism of "children". But maybe the two do overlap in your mind somehow since there were two female figurines of seemingly opposite but similar characteristics.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1425
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

schorl, what is perplexing to me is how a hindu deity appeared in my dream in the first place. I am not well versed in hindu gods. I knew about Kali because of something I read in high school. I've heard of Shiva but don't know his designation. I've never heard of Lakshmi to my conscious knowledge. In wikipedia, it also says that later she also represented the goddess of the ocean. That is kind interesting because I'm an earth sensitive and I have been feeling a big ocean quake building for a couple of weeks now. I suppose the dream could be interpreted as something happens in the ocean and a bunch of people die. That could explain why I did not do anything in the dream. Maybe I felt I could'nt. It's interesting too..the young woman who killed the kids was weilding knives & such..and that is what Kali holds. INDIA ! Maybe that's why it was a Hindu god..Maybe it's about the location.

Thomas

Post Number: 6494
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal said:

quote:

schorl, what is perplexing to me is how a hindu deity appeared in my dream in the first place. I am not well versed in hindu gods.

It appeared in your dream perhaps because it is real.

I've just finished reading Graham Hancock's Supernatural, and he makes a convincing case that many of the characters that populate our dreams and our so-called "hallucinations" are real beings, that have been seen by humans for some 30,000+ years.

I suspect that you are seeing something quite real. (Not tinged in the slightest by the fact that I continue to be a Krystal Gale Potter fan—and I am! )

schorl

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Didn't the last catastrophic earthquake involve techtonic plates between India and Australia? Maybe the same plates are about to shift again?

dirkwright

Post Number: 707
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 2:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah Thomas, the Pathwork lectures say that thoughts and feelings are real things in the spirit world, so a thought-form or a feeling-form would naturally appear in dreams, where we become aware of the spirit world. Thus, our dreams are both literal and symbolic at the same time. Our dreams are literally populated with these thought-forms and feeling-forms as well as real people and other beings. No wonder it gets complicated to sort out. Also, logically there should be entities created by group beliefs, such as the Hindu gods and goddesses.
Carpe Diem!

Thomas

Post Number: 6496
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And humans. Maybe we too are products of "group beliefs."

dirkwright

Post Number: 714
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 3:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nah, I don't think so Thomas, but I'm not going to argue with you. I really like the Pathwork lectures. They are very informative.
Carpe Diem!

Thomas

Post Number: 6498
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't want to "argue" about it either, Dirk; I just (playfully) "threw it out there," when it occurred to me.

You are certainly free to "throw it back."

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1428
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dirk, I think what Thomas was saying is that perhaps there are beings that created us and our universe through their thoughts. That is personally what I believe. I'm not much into all the New Age stuff, so I'm not familiar with "Pathways". I did the New Age thing back in the 80's and have moved on from it, but occasionally it's fun to hear their train of thought and learn what their current philosophies are.

Something that occured to me. In the dream, Lakshmi has her arms folded like an egyptian mummy. In all the paintings I looked at today, her arms are open wide. That could be significant.

Yes schorl, it was the Sumatra quake. It might be the same plate.

Another interesting thing was that the girl was having a birthday party. "Birth" in my dreams is always volcanic/magma. Or...it could mean in this case, an anniversary of sorts. Perhaps trying to give me a date for the disaster. I was wondering about the location because the dream takes place in the U.S. BUT..the only thing I stared intently at were the two figurines which happen to be Hindu. I guess it could be a U.S. event and the Hindu figurines were just random, but I'm tending more toward it being India. The only numeric aspect to my dream were 2 figures. So if I were to go further with this..I'd say the date/time had something to do with 2. Or perhaps it could be 2 events. Why can't the ancestors just show me a flashing sign instead of all this cryptic stuff ?

By the way, thanks Thomas (blush).

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1429
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh and schorl..thank you. had you not come up with a hindu deity, I would have never pursued that.

dirkwright

Post Number: 726
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 4:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pathwork isn't really "new age" since Eva first started channeling the lectures in 1957, though that's probably a quibble. See the thread in the Spiritual section if you want to know more Krystal. I suppose all entities are created from the thoughts of God, if you want to look at it that way. I think you're reading way too much into this dream, but that's my opinion of course.
Carpe Diem!

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1430
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 4:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmm what if it's the anniversay of a calendar day ? Not neccesarily the month or year ? Like the 26th. The day of the Sumatra quake ? Or 2 could mean February. If only it had been more "in your face" info I might be able to warn people. All I've got now is India or possibly the U.S. sigh.

Perhaps I am dirk, but if there is a snowballs chance in hell of possibly saving some lives if I can figure it out, I am obligated to do so. If something happens and I had info and did not even try, well...I'd feel pretty guilty. if nothing happens and this dream was just random, then so what ? I get laughed at a bit. For me, dreaming about Hindu gods I know nothing of and the slaughter of children is kind of an attention grabber which might be why the ancestors gave it me. So I would remember it.

dirkwright

Post Number: 734
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I still don't get why you think your dream is about some Hindu goddess. It could have been Mother Earth murdering her children too. The figurines were angels, maybe she was some kind of dark angel? If she was a Hindu goddess, wouldn't she have that kind of clothing on? Maybe have 4 arms or something?
Carpe Diem!

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The figurine had a robe on and long wavy hair. It did not have wings..it just looked..benevolent..so I associated it with an angel. The largest part of my concentration was the positioning of the arms and seeing if the flowers were in opposite hands from the the other figurine. They were. I only remember the figurine having two arms, but I can't say for sure because the only thing that intrigued me were the hands holding the flowers. Had I looked more closely, there might have been another set of arms folded under the other set. I don't know, but I am quite sure the figurines were Lakshmi now that I have seen the paintings, 4 arms or two, it was that diety, unless there is some other deity with long wavy hair, robes and holding two flowers that I don't know about. (by the way, there are several paintings of lakshmi and in some she is wearing robes.) The only reason I am tying in kali with the young woman is that she was using knives (kinda half knife half cleaver things that chopped through the limbs of the children with one whack.)

I'm starting to wonder..maybe the reason for the two figurines were because it was two events ? If that's the case then I would say India and the U.S.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

by the way..yes..it IS mother earth...in any form..but why did she choose to appear to me as a hindu goddess ? That is the question and I think the answer is India.

schorl

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think the problem here dirk is that parents were dropping their kids off like it was a daycare center instead of a birthday party, only to be killed by the babysitter. What are the stats on female serial killers vs. male? Is it a more likely scenario or is the mythological aspect more likely? Of all the mythology figures I have read about, Kali is the closest to a female serial killer. Though the "children" she was after were really demons that no one else could eliminate. Maybe a form of people who refuse to grow up in some sense or other?

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1435
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Actually dirk, the first pic on the link I posted is pretty identical except the robes were creme white with gold trim, and the flowers were one red and one blue. Hmmm red white and blue... gold trim...crud..now I have to wonder about the U.S. again...but I'm almost starting to think it might be two events. I suppose it could mean something like the US going to war with India..or becomming India's ally in a war. I havn't had a political dream in a long time though and I've been praying for an answer to the location of the event my body is hearing and feeling. hmmmm

schorl..I sure hope it's not literal ! huh..though I guess either way people will die. or something will die. Prosperity dies due to a natural disaster ? Your interpretation is quite interesting. Yes perhaps..gee that sounds like most humans. LOL

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another thing..the young woman doing the killing in the dream... just acted like it was her everyday job. She got no thrill from it, did not string it out. Just chopped them up as they came in and then conversed pleasantly with me like it ain't no thang.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 665
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know my thoughts spawn all manner of things. And I have to come back and face them later. Be careful of the gods you choose for you will reinforce each other. Creator becomes created. I certainly think it happens all the time. Consciousness is far more porous than we think it is. We are all connected. Even those who don't know it, or want to be.

I dreamed that I shot a dart into a guy who was stalking someone on the board. It was a lucid kind of dream. It was a guy who was doing the stalking. I couldn't quite get a fix on the woman. She was something of a mystery to me.
Anyway, the dart did not kill him right away. At one point he was on the board when the stuff started to take effect. I don't think it was symbolic, though, since it was a lucid dream.

I was thinking Kali also. She is one bad as*! I am not up on my upaanishads (or whatever). I am still amazed at what people flesh out of dreams. A little mythos, a little intuition, badda bing, badda boom! I mean that in a good way. I'd still be back at the part where the kids were all arriving.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

schorl

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 9:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I used to work in a place with security guards that always were on edge. They had to be that way in order to perceive potential threats or hazards that others wouldn't even consider. They used to be jokingly called the paranoid squad. I'm sure it is useful for detecting the darkest of problems and premonitions but it must be difficult for those people to remove that level of stress and just live happy and healthy lives off the job. To switch gears so to speak. It's got to be tough.

I get that same sense of foreboding on this board at times and I have to admit it does not feel good. I am sure it can affect people's dreams and emotional lives if they can't ever switch it off. That must be like PTSD.

seasidedaisy
Username: seasidedaisy

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 9:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

WOW Krystal!!
I did yoga for years and it seems like a guru dream to me.
Kali is the destroyer AND the deliverer.

Check out this site.
http://www.siddhayoga.org/guru-siddha-yoga.html

There is both good and bad with this type of yoga.

I am now a Christian but I don't attend church

dirkwright

Post Number: 736
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 7:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK Krystal, I believe you now. I understand why you would believe your dream had something to do with Kali and Lakshmi. Thanks for explaining that in more detail.
Carpe Diem!

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1437
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, that could be a useful dream. I remember a few years back there was a guy who kept following someone around the board. I can't remember his name though, but he's gone now by popular demand. It's good you posted the dream. Now if anyone does have a problem they can just say something if they have to and we can monitor and help. Get ahold of UC if we have to. I was stalked for years in real life so I have a sore spot about that. It's rough when they don't actualy say anything threatening because then the cops won't do anything..but we can be board cops if called on to do it and have a different set of rules.

Hi seasidedaisy ! I did yoga in my living room for a couple of years back when I was 19/20 that I learned from a yoga position book..does that count ? LOL I also read (I am going to misspell this for sure) paramahansa Yogananda's autobiography of a Yogi when I was 15 or so..but he never really got inot deities I don't think. It was'nt really religion based. I've heard of this Muktananda but can't remember where. What is a "guru dream " ?

I could be completely misinterpreting it. Might just be some weird personal dream but as I said, I've been praying for a location. I dunno. I guess we wait and see.

It's good you believe me dirk..I was thinking about sending the goddesses your way. LOL I don't think you would have liked Kali though. hee hee

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3466
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I agree Krystal..

Hale you get Game Shot for your
'count/mark' score.. :-)
The table is getting bigger
With more chairs in place EOP
Qua da di

dirkwright

Post Number: 742
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm pretty sure Yogananda talks about Kali in his book. I'm also pretty sure he goes to her temple and meditates and prays there, and as well as having her appear for him. He talks about numerous deities in that book, over and over again. I just disagree that celibacy is required for enlightenment and that marriage is a lower path than the path of the renunciant. I really like the Pathwork lectures, they get into stuff like this.
Carpe Diem!