Archive through January 12, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through January 12, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 6346
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just had a horrible—and highly instructive—dream. The dream was in two parts, both involving a film: the first part involved an old, antiquated 8mm film, the second part "updated" on a new, sophisticated DVD, but with the same ghoulish message.

In the dream, I was back "working for the Church" (which is chilling-enough in itself, when I think about it), and I had been asked to narrate an old 8mm film for children on "the death penalty." I had never seen the film before. But as we watched it, the film revealed itself to be truly THE most ghastly thing I had ever seen. I'll spare you the details, but in one section of the film, at the bottom of the screen were the words: "Islam and Judaism = Evil" and next to it, "Christianity = Good." All the various people who were being executed in this section of the film were of those two religions.

Well, as you can imagine, I had a wall-eyed fit! I shut the projector down, and explained to the children the long history of racial and religious intolerance that has led to murder on both individual and national levels.

My supervisor walked in.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said. "Someone must have given you that old 8mm film. It should have been destroyed years ago. Here…" He handed me a DVD case. "Here's the newest, most updated version. Not at all the film you just saw. 'Our' apologies."

So we started watching the DVD, the children and I. He was right, it wasn't the same film—it just contained the same messages, but somewhat subliminal and far more manipulative, this time. This time they had employed the Disney animation studios to show "humorously"—and in cartoon fashion—the very same kinds of scenes of people being put into ovens, hanged, etc. They even had the Flying DeLorean from Back to the Future delivering Saddam Hussein to the gallows.

As I angrily snapped the television off, and began to explain to the children that NOTHING really had changed, that our "death culture" had just become more darkly sophisticated in how it packaged it's ghastly message, I woke up physically.
“Question what’s real. Question who’s real. Trust your own discernment.”

dirkwright
Advanced Member
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 485
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas, I take that dream as a literal experience, so it sounds like you are a teacher in the spirit world.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5128
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dirk

many cultures paints themselves and dance in ritual. could be.

i just remembered something, last night i was outside thinking of stuff and looked up into the sky and said loudly, 'mommy!'

so i think she came to have a nice lunch with me. :-)

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 492
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I thought it could have been a past life influence in that dream of dancing while painted.

Glad you had lunch with your Mom.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2155
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas,
That was quite a dream. I wonder if it tied into any of the MC issues that you have been exploring lately.

I spent most of the night dreaming about various houses, including my mother's house, and trying to renovate it.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 634
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Quite the dream, there Thomas. And yeah, what SC asked about. Seems a little topical to the world of T. But I think you are right; how it is being packaged is a lot different. "New and improved tyranny on DVD with extras!"

That sounds pretty primal, susi. Primal in a good way. Black as in introspection perhaps? Are you and your ex on good terms or bad terms? I always saw paint on the body as a way of exerting ones identity and personal power in a symbolic and literal way. The dance was either (for me) an expression of that power of self, or could have symbolic elements in it. Since dance has been used to heal, to see, to arouse, and a whole bag of other things, hard to know what kind of dancing it could have been. But if I painted myself, that says personal power, esp. if I were to dance.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

fortwynt
Intermediate Member
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 192
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tell ya what, even though I havent had any "visitor" experiences that I can readily recall, I do ALWAYS seem to have the strangest dreams....for instance, from the time I was born till I moved out of my parents house at around 21 years old or so, we never lived in a home more than 1-2 years, so i estimate I've moved roughtly 12-15 times in my life, but for some reason I ALWAYS have dreams about this one house in particluar, and when I dream of this house it is always accompanied by an element of strangness...I'm always standing out in the yard at night and there are always many weird things going on in the sky, lights, shapes, etc and creatues or beings of some sort falling down into the yard and chasing me around...plus i always dream that I look into the sky and the stars look "funny"...like they will start circling around and I will notice that they rent stars at all but "ships"....all sorts of other strangeness...maybe cause when i look up when im awake i WANT to see those things so when im asleep i do...but that still doesnt explain why when i dream of that ONE house its always with weirdness involved...
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

--Ghandi

fortwynt
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 193
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Some common dreams I always have are these:

I always find money laying around in small or large quantities and im overjoyed, but when I look closer at it, its always really old money that cant be spent...

also, I always dream that my teeth are falling out....also if im fighting (common) my hits never hurt anyone no matter how hard i hit them, and when i try to shoot at them the bullets come out of the gun (if the gun even fires) and they travel so slowly that when they hit the person they just bounce off and fall to the ground.

--Ghandi

Skywriter
Username: mt3

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A Tibetan lama told me once that dreaming about your teeth falling out signifies an inheritance coming...

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1366
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fort..that's amazing ! I was going to write about those dreams..I used to have them all the time. (sky..the tibetan lama was wrong...I've been dreaming the loose teeth thing since I was a kid and no inheritance. I'm now 42 and there is nobody to inherit from lol, unless it's something intangible)
Yah fort, if I try to fight in a dream..it's like my arm goes in slow mo and I have no strength. I havn't had these dreams in awhile now, but had them a lot when I was younger.

Thomas..you dreamed truth.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

fortwynt
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 197
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-) weird huh?

--Ghandi

dirkwright

Post Number: 516
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I dreamed of a woman again, and we were talking about digital cameras. Nothing Earth-shattering as I recall.

susi t learn

Post Number: 5138
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 8:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i'm with krystal...still waiting for the $$$$$.

in my dreams, i've got a mouth full of bubble gum and as i'm trying to pull it out of my mouth, my teeth crumble and come out with the gum. i know 2 other people that have that same dream.

dirkwright

Post Number: 535
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I would guess that the loose teeth and the bubble gum have more to do with speaking than with money, but it probably means different things to different people. Maybe you just need to see a dentist? I doesn't have to mean anything, just as having lunch doesn't have to mean anything.
Carpe Diem!

Hale

Post Number: 637
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a vivid dream of my teeth crumbling years ago. They were as if they were made out of some pithy material. Soft, like chicken bones after having been cooked a while. I think for me it had to do with worry that my new adult teeth were not as strong as the first set.

Krystal; my......arm......is.......moooooooving soooooooo......slowwwwwwwly. Caaaaaaaatch the.......bulllllllllet......froooooooom.........myyyyyy guuuuuuun.......fortttttt!!!!!

I know THAT one. Or the one where i have to RUN to get away from the big bad whatever that is happening, and it feels like I am stuck in MO-LaSSES! Gotta love that.

Someday I am going to learn that nothing can hurt me in my dreams. But then somehow it just wouldn't be the same without a few chase scenes, right?

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 896
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The dreaming body is not solid, neither are dreamteeth. I heard this is a reminder to avoid speaking hastily and harshly to others...like you can't bite if your teeth are crumbling.

Or the one where i have to RUN to get away from the big bad whatever that is happening, and it feels like I am stuck in MO-LaSSES...

Slow Motion = telling you that as much as you desire to rush through your current experiences and get them behind you, you will not experience foreward motion until you slow down and realize the value of where you currently are.

Possible?

susi t learn

Post Number: 5151
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i can see where the 'teeth' dream would relate to me.

but the other two people who have the exact dream never ever speak harshly or hastily.

then there's the one where i'm using the phone-i have to make a very important call but i keep hitting the wrong numbers. i think that's a 'frustration' dream.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1367
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm not feeling well but very quickly

one thing about the "being too weak to land an effective punch" dreams... and also running from a threat in slow mo etc.. every time I have had dreams like that they were always against people in my life that I was helpless to stop from hurting me. (real people who I have been hurt by) In the dreams I had the technique to fight htem..but not the power. Since I could'nt punch, it always ended up with..ok this is gross..but it always ended up with me trying to claw their eyes out..weak and in slow motion.

The loose teeth dreams..for me the teeth were solid, but they were hanging by threads from my mouth..kind of like they can when you are a kid and losing them..except in the dream it would be all of them at the same time.

I have not had either of these dreams in maybe 15 years, but I remember them vividly to this day.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh, I was going to recap that..so for me..I think my dreams (of weak/slow) were spawned from a sense of powerlessness in real life, and also (for the teeth dreams) a sense of losing a part of myself.

Mark

Post Number: 897
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 1:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe you were actually grinding your teeth in your sleep,in bed, and this transfered into your dream, just like subconscious influences can affect waking consciousness.

It's said when we sleep, our subconscious becomes our conscious mind, and our conscious mind becomes our unconscious.

dirkwright

Post Number: 568
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have read that our thoughts and feelings are real things in the spirit world, so whatever worries or thoughts or whatever you have will be manifest in dreams and OBE's. Thus, any teeth issues will show up too...The tired/weakness is more likely from just being incarnated in the first place. Our spirits get fatigued from life in the body, and unless our physical bodies are very well rested and healthy, then our OBE's and dreams will reflect that fatigue. That's my idea anyway.
Carpe Diem!

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 222
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

some people also experience thoughts and feelings as "real things" in corporeal life. for me there is at times little distinction between thought/feeling/physical sensation. when i was younger some people who knew me considered this a pathological condition, but for me it is a kind of wholeness which feels "normal," insofar as such a concept exists.

on a recent trip i experienced the physical approach of someone with pronounced mental illness and spiritual imbalance as a physical sickening. i did not initially recognize it as such, but this experience was quite startling once i did see it for what it was. at first i feared i was headed to an ER in a strange city, but once the encounter with the ill individual was through and we began to gain once again a physical separation, all symptoms subsided. the symptoms included bone pain, vertigo, nausea and exhaustion.

the dreams i had during this visit were also striking, and included two kinds of aliens, though my sense of these creatures was that they stood in for aspects of the afflicted individual, rather than "real" "aliens."

i could say that the specific physical symptoms i transiently experienced represent the manifestation in flesh of the ill person's mentation and disturbed psyche, but i'm only speculating. maybe they only expressed my spirit's distress at the encounter.

ain't life interesting?

BTW dirk, re your assertion that dreamtime is real and therefore symbolic interpretation is irrelevant for your dreams, for me there is no conflict between those things. i also believe that much of dreamtime experience has as much reality as waking life. but i still find symbol interpretation helpful. but i also find interpretation of the metaphoric level of waking life useful. that's the way my mind works. being real and also having a symbolic content are not at all mutually exclusive. JMHO, of course.

dirkwright

Post Number: 573
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You've very sensitive nadm. I hope I don't give you any bad vibes.

Well, I have changed my mind about dreams in light of what you said and my post and other reading. Dreams can mean nothing, just like having lunch in the cafe doesn't necessarily mean anything, or they can be pregnant with meaning. However, since thoughts and feelings are real things in the spirit world, then encountering them in the dream world would appear to be symbolic because they are our own thoughts and feelings. In other words, they would have substantial meaning for us because we created them in the first place! So, yes, I agree nadm, it's both. Dreams are real experiences with symbolic things thrown in. Thanks for your insight.
Carpe Diem!

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 203
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yep agreed, sometimes full of meaning sometimes jibberish background noise...plus all things to all people...dreams are as varied as the person, which is why i reject any of those garbage "dream" manuals that "tell you" what each type of dream means....rubbish.

--Ghandi

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

. . . or maybe the marketing companies have learned to insert themselves into our dreams. . . like the crumbling teeth. It just reeks of the American Dental Association, doesn't it?
"Scientific progress goes boink?"
--Hobbes

Skywriter
Username: mt3

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 9:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry, I forgot about this post. Before I met this lama, I had always thought that dream symbols were part of each person's unique psyche and could only be interpreted by knowing yourself (which is probably usually the case.) Usually gross dream content is full of mental processing from your daily mental activity. I did consider, since we are all connected, that there might be some shared symbology. I then discovered the few things I was told by the lama were spot on for me and found that dumbfounding because many of them were completely odd. I don't think the symbolic interpretations were just meant specifically for me and so I shared the teeth symbol on the board. Krystal, the teeth need to completely fall out however. It doesn't sound like yours did. I only had this dream once I think and the teeth clearly came out completely whole, not crumbled. It was unusual for me which is why I even asked the lama about it. I later found out that at about the time of the dream, I was written in as a beneficiary to a will that I was unaware of at the time. However many years later, a distant non-blood relative, a lawyer, re-wrote the will when my aunt was close to the end of her life to exclude my family members. I had already forgotten about it anyway, but thought it was interesting. Another odd symbol is (pardon me) dreaming about poop. I have found that everytime I dream about it money comes a short time later. I am sure some will get a big lol on that one, but hey, take a look see. I don't think it is a cultural thing. It would be interesting to know what other symbols people may share. I have no explanation for it.

Hale

Post Number: 641
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 2:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The going slow thing I believe, for me, is actually associated with an OoBE. I have had some where I was lucid and caught in this quicksand. A lot like trying to move but "swimming" in the air (going nowhere fast), not realizing you don't move with your body, but by your thoughts. Couple a scary thing after you, and it just gets worse. When nothing is there to really take my attention away, I can soar. Throw in an evil bat boy into the mix, and suddenly I am flapping my arms or trying to run when in fact I don't really "run" at all. I think I haven't had one of those in quite some time.

Dirk, for myself, I have found that there is an interesting thing that happens as I wake up and still dream. I can watch as the translation process from dream into waking takes place (how an image or symbol may be handled). I don't know how I do it, but there seems to be some other me watching both waking and sleep states and can see as info comes from the sleep self to the waking self. It's like trying to translate from one language to the next. It's a whole other mode of being in many respects (the dream self). Of course there are also the "literal" dreams which seem to come from some other part of my dream mind....

dirkwright

Post Number: 579
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 8:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, maybe part of your soul is not incarnated, so that part of you is viewing your experience when you wake up from a dream? I don't have any other ideas about that.

I've had the slow-mo feeling during OBE's and I think it's just a fatigue thing, but it's probably different for different people.
Carpe Diem!

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think that most of anybody's soul is not incarnate in the sense of the "here and now" that we understand. Perhaps it's more a question of ability to shift conscious focus between the incarnate fragment (to use Seth terminology) and the discarnate (if that's the right word) "oversoul."

I think that for all at of us, at some point in our dreaming, our focus jumps the fence between the two states as we transfer information; and then there are those who balance on the top rail of the fence on a unicycle wearing a silly clown nose and carrying a garish parasol. . . not to mention any names.
"Scientific progress goes boink?"
--Hobbes

susi t learn

Post Number: 5166
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

not a real exciting dream, but i put on a bikini, pulled my hair back ina ponytail and got the riding mower ready to do the yard. it was morning and still dark so while i waited for it to get light, i went to a starbucks and the girl waiting on me seemed sad so when she brought my coffee i handed her 2 rose quartz stones. she smiled-at the same time, she was handing me stones.

Cerridwen
Advanced Member
Username: isabella11

Post Number: 399
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

that's interesting susi- i put a chunk of rose quartz in my bed last night..in real life, that is.

and i'm drinking starbucks as i type!
just saying...
(been working with the stones and crystals a bit more these days)

susi t learn

Post Number: 5167
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

huh! how 'bout that! the girl at starbucks was tall with brown/blonde hair.

sometimes i pick up extraneous stuff that doesn't really mean anything.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2174
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
That process of watching and interpreting the dream is what I call, "getting back into the dream." I use a drumming tape to do it. I have also experienced the split of consciousness so that I can be in multiple places getting "input" at once.

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 212
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah i have the slo-mo thing too, and i agree i think its where you are more awake than asleep, though you are dreaming, and trying to run/walk and since you are somewhat awake you are physically trying to do so, as opposed to when you are fully asleep and you can just think and do it, know what i mean?......also I found, during my sleep study, that the concept of dreaming ONLY while in REM sleep wasnt totally true because they claimed i never went into REM sleep yet i clearly remember dreaming, hmmm.

--Ghandi

Cerridwen
Advanced Member
Username: isabella11

Post Number: 401
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, same here with the picking up on peripheal stuff....

don't know abou tthe tall girl...the accessories fit though...;)

susi t learn

Post Number: 5170
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

understand i'm 5'3"...everybody's taller than me! :-)

Hale

Post Number: 644
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Isn't it interesting how things just have a way of happening? I was just going through an archive section of a thread (haven't done this in a while) and the very section I go to to see what someone had to say about abductions resulted in something popping right out onto the page. It wound up resonating so closely to something I dreamed of recently I thought I'd share, considering also that SC had something roughly similar in some respects just prior to my dream after the new year....

I am going to include a snippet of something Steven in AZ put down in the Our Personal UFO Histories in April 25 2005:

quote:

The alien was a human-looking female. She was pretty, and her face had somewhat square features. She had blondish hair and was smiling broadly, showing all her teeth. Her skin looked odd, though. It was too smooth and seemed to be all the same color. It almost looked like plastic, or like someone with heavy makeup.

This was EXACTLY what I was trying to describe in the dream with this little "girl" that also involved my daughter not so long ago. Here is how I described it:

quote:

Its face is very smooth. I look at its white skin, and its almost like it is a covering, almost like makeup, but all over its face (if that was the case). It is short like my daughter is short, and it has very delicate subtle features.

Question is, have I somehow read Stevens post in the past? Possible. But not probable. I was going into the archives because I saw a poster's name show up whom I had never seen before so I was curious to see what this person had to say in the archived posts within that thread. When I first came here, I waded through the older archived sections of Our Personal UFO Histories (for example)but at a certain point, I stopped as I tried to keep up with the rest of the board, and getting used to the layout. As an aside, I THOUGHT I had included a description of the being's weird face as being similar to the blue being in the 5th Element (movie) near the end. They had this person all done up in heavy makeup and the face had this look like it was almost plastic like. Perhaps I used this description in a later post. I thought I had. My being had blond hair, Steven describes blondish. He describes a pretty being, mine was trying to be pretty (hair was pulled back tight), and he described a similarly intense gaze in his dream (although this is pretty common in the alien experience I'll grant).

Anyway, when I read what Steven had written, it was sooo eerily familiar to what I had dreamed....coupled with how it just popped out(by accident) at me on an innocent walk down an archived lane......
Steven's being that he dreamed of was, I believe, a hybrid (I think he described it as such in the post if memory serves). Anyway......just thought I'd pass that along for what it's worth.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1374
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 12:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's interesting. I was thinking back when you first posted the dream..that your description, not exactly but kind of reminded me of the dream I had with the angel encounter..or what I took to be an angel. I told you about it awhile back. He had flat "fish eyes" I called them. The skin quality you both describe is also similar. Could have been an ET I guess. he gave me some very useful info. Told me not to buy a certain car that my father had picked out for me. It was terribly unsafe. He said it would be the car with the maroon interior...and sure enough that was the car. I told my dad about the dream..thing..and he's had enough experience with me to believe without question so I bought a different car. The interesting thing about the being I encountered..he froze time, and I was sexually sttracted to him. It was difficult to concentrate on what he was saying because I was very aroused. Odd because he was not very attractive..in the human sense.

By the way Hale... I think you may have been "astral sleep walking" lately. Flipping switches, calling out people's names...scaring the bejeezis out of them..LOL (I just spoke with the apprentice)

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1375
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

By the way..my being in the dream had red hair.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh..and my take on the lantern dream.. same symbology as used in the old testament. 3 lanterns = 3 volcanoes. The candle and lantern ref's are volcanoes. It's where they got the modern word "wicked". means "those that are lit". mountains that are lit. wick+ ed..candle wick..lantern wick etc.. "The wicked ones" would be a ref to an active volcano chain or specific volcanoes.

Just my personal take.. no need to crucify me everyone LOL

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 231
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 12:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

once again i dreamed of the past, walking around trying to tell people i was really from the future, trying to tell them some of the things they should be prepared for (9/11, Iraq, etc)...of course they look at me like im crazy...at some point i realize its a dream, and i start telling people "you're all in my head, im really laying in bed, watch i can prove it" and i fly around and move things with my mind, and they don't seem to even know it...it's quite maddening.

--Ghandi

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 12:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sounds like my daydreams fort. I spend a good portion of my days in other times. I used to night dream about time travel. I'd go lucid but never tried to convince anyone of anything. Just observe.

I'm a bit slow.. I JUST got what your handle really is. LOL Nice to know we are on the same wavelength. I'll send smoke signals from now on. ;o)

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 234
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 1:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah people always think im kooky...the farthest i went back was a couple hundred years or so, i was trying to tell them about cars and computers, and television and they were all like "wtf is this loony-toon talking about" hehe....yeah ive actually only had one other person realize what it meant (its whats on my plates on the car)...I pulled into a parking lot at a grocery store and a car whips in beside me and they said "roll down the window" of course im all like "holy crap who are these people" and they just said "nice license man"....pshew, i thought they were gonna lynchmob me because of the upside down flag on the back glass...lmao

(Message edited by fortwynt on January 11, 2007)

--Ghandi

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2182
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 3:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder if these "hybrids" see human females with makeup and think that that's what they should do? I know lots of women who do a horrible job with makeup. Why should hybrids be different. What did their mouths look like?

fortwynt
Advanced Member

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 4:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hmm thats an interesting thought! let's hope they don't tune in to lifetime channel for the love of God!

--Ghandi

dirkwright

Post Number: 606
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 8:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I woke up from a dream at about 3:40 this morning. I was a being shown a possible future for myself in the year 2847. I was a construction worker or a river boat captain, my choice. The implication was that if I don't take advantage of every opportunity in this life, I probably won't be able to come back until then. I learned from reading Pathwork lectures that our guides and others set up situations that are important for our growth, and if we don't take advantage of them, we loose the chance for a long time. I have an opportunity that I'm not fully facing and I need to do that. I hope I'm not too late...
Carpe Diem!

Mark

Post Number: 902
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Too late?
...you're alive so you can change your mind.

dirkwright

Post Number: 627
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Opportunities sometimes only come along once in a life time. They are set up for us by guides and others. If we don't take the chance when they show up, then we loose the chance for possibly a very long time, like 800 years...at least that's what was the message for me. It was enough to scare me into action at least.

(Message edited by dirkwright on January 11, 2007)
Carpe Diem!

Hale

Post Number: 646
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 8:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystaline One, I was actually pondering the lamps related to volcano's but my obvious question was "Which one?" As in: pick one, any one. Like there are a-plenty to pick from these days.

And yes, Krystal, I'd say her eyes were a tad flat. Something about them struck me as flat, almost weird in their flatness (I was thinking something about her pupil made her eyes look flat, but remembering your description from before, I do see a similarity.....I wonder are we then dreaming self image?). LArgish, but maybe because they were real round, they perhaps looked a little darker than usual...I dunno. But I could see the fish eye analog. And of course there was some arousal with the breathing (my eyes were closed). But this one had blonde hair. We did not speak per se. It was all via intent. And the shape of the mouth? I think for the most part, the mouth was shaped into an "O" SC. Something about it was a little unsettling.

I was a little incredulous about the sleep kinetic stuff, however, upon looking at the switch in the place it was in, I am not so sure it was just the thing slipping down and hitting something and turning on. You see, the way the switch is set up, it is between a fridge and something else, and it HAS come on before by falling down against something. But as we stood there thinking about the previous days, I don't know that it was in a position where it could have fallen and bumped itself on. So I guess we will keep our eyes peeled for any tellekinetic happenings. The odd thing was, I REALLY overslept that morning, intended to get up early but fell back asleep. Absolutely NO memory of doing anything involving turning stuff on in another place, though.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2187
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a very strange dream about studying for a math test. The material that I had to study had to do with the measurement of ideal facial proportions, and I had to learn how to measure them. I was working on a three D holographic image with hundreds of intersecting lines, all with precise measurements.