Archive through January 08, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through January 08, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dirkwright
Advanced Member
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 363
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Did you get over your fear of death as a result of your OBE's? Ever think you should go to the Monroe Institute?

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 6272
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

While "out of body experiences" per se have been one means of my overcoming my fear of death, they haven't been the only means. They have been one aspect in a larger array of experiences that convinces me—absolutely convinces me—that consciousness is merely being "tuned in" by our physical brains, and on a very narrow band of frequencies.

The loss of the physical body may be a loss of the body's means of connecting to consciousness, but it is by no means a destruction of the signal itself—any more than smashing your television set would mean the loss of the pre-existent signal being received by it.

You're right, Dirk, OBE's—and many other non-ordinary states of consciousness besides—have been vital experiences for me in overcoming the terror that "death" (as it is understood in this culture anyway) implies.
“Question what’s real. Question who’s real. Trust your own discernment.”

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 371
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Did you ever see you body when you were out of body? My experience has been that I am consciousness, a soul in other words, and that death is merely me leaving my body behind, like taking off an overcoat, and nothing more than that. I still exist, with all my memories and wisdom intact, but I can't interact with the physical world any more after death.

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 6276
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirkwright asked:

quote:

Did you ever see you body when you were out of body?

Oh yeah… My first thought was, "I thought I was better looking than that!"
“Question what’s real. Question who’s real. Trust your own discernment.”

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5057
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 2:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the only time i saw 'my' body, was when i turned my head sideways and saw a reddish brown wing. i then realized i was a hawk.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 390
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's funny Thomas!

susi, what an interesting experience. Ever read about shape shifting?

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamt last night I was near another planet in a different part of our galaxy. I was talking with someone I did not see. I was onboard some type of craft looking out a large viewing window that went from the floor to ceiling. We where looking down at a planet with a river of stars behind it. We must have been on the night side because I could not make out much. He was telling me that it was much more stable in his solar system, his part of the galaxy. That for the most part they understood everything about planetary systems and had stabilized their world. He explained how when things go wrong it happens in a hurry. He then showed me a drawing with a large circle in the center and numerous smaller circles spaced somewhat evenly around it, like numbers on a watch face. At the twelve and six o'clock positions there where two smaller circles, one farther from the center than the first. He said the large disc represented his planet and that the smaller discs where heaters. He went on to explain that they where entering a period where it was going to get colder and this was how they fixed the problem. He showed me how the placement was critical and in particular heater number two which was at the six o’clock position.
“There are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping."

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 887
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

THETA WAVES
Theta waves (4-7 cps) occur in sleep and are
dominant in our highest state of meditation. We normally only experience theta waves as we drift off to sleep,during some dreaming, and as we return from the depths of delta sleep. The
pictures we perceive as we drift off and awaken are in theta wave. During theta wave meditations, we are in a waking dream where vivid imagery flashes before our inner vision. In this state, we are extremely receptive to information sent from the higher dimensions.

The Shamanic State of Consciousness, which is theta brainwaves, allows us to journey into the higher planes. The steady-rhythmic beat of the drum struck four and one-half times per second (theta waves are 4-7 cps) is the key to
transporting a shaman into the deepest part of his or her Shamanic trance. The constant and rhythmic-drone of Tibetan Buddhist chants that transport the monks and other listeners into realms of blissful meditation also follow this rhythm.

Theta waves have also been identified as the gateway to learning and memory.Theta meditation increases creativity, enhances learning, reduces stress and awakens intuition as well as other extrasensory perception skills. Theta consciousness allows us to connect with our creative inspirations, spiritual guidance and peak experiences. Through theta wave meditation, we can open our Third Eye and access the delta waves that unite us with Universal Energy and Cosmic Consciousness.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2125
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark,
Thank you for such an incredibly accurate summary.

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1335
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 12:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, thank you ! very nice.

I just had a dream.

First I was in..what was kind of like an arcade place but not games. Just various computer screens set up like game screens that connected to certain sites. I found one I had registered with a long time ago and deleted my profile and somehow that slipped me into...

I was in a large mountain that had two cave openings that connect a large system of caves. It was well lit and quite comfy. I was a new scientist that had just arrived to help a team of scientists that were trying to do bring back wooly mammoths. They had some caves sectioned off with glass partitions. In the center there was a lab and one of the dudes was pretty excited because they had just found a perfectly intact and living cell of a wooly mammoth and it was exactly what they needed. I asked if I could have a look. I went to the microscope and it had a really weird headpiece thing that covered the whole face. It kind of sucked my face in and I began to suffocate so I backed out..then the face thing disappeared and I looked into the microscope the usual way. I began to see the cell..then woke up.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1336
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh wait..not a cell..it was a viable embryo of a wooly mammoth.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2127
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cool dream, Krystal.
If it were mine I would look for ways to approach some kind of knowledge from a more traditional point of view.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 602
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 12:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"..so far I'm
still me in my water dreams ... practices
Siren Call :-) "

Hale gets dreamy-eyed and drives the boat into the shallows as he stands listening to some siren call. Then he realizes it is the Coast Guard, and its their SIREN, and they are writing him a ticket. "Please move off the sand bar, sir, and keep your hands where we can see them."
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1337
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 1:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That is an interesting way to look at it Sc...but now I'm thinking it might have a dual entendre...

hale... man bringing a mammoth embryo to life inside a mountain.... you know what I'm thinking....or am I just seeing a correlation where there is none ?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2132
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 1:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal,
The beauty of dreams is that they can speak to us on so many levels at once. I'm so used to playing "Charades" with my dreamlife, that I look at so many things in my dreams. The themes of creation, masculine/feminine energy and the visable/invisable creations that we birth in both the physical and the ideational realms seemed the more obvious to me in your dream.

Hale,
In the midst of your water dreams, do you see which color is lost to the eyes first at depth?

Hale

Post Number: 604
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 2:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I seem to be drunk on the wine of my discontent, Krystal. I really do feel out of it as per other communications belie.

Bringin back an old life form out of the mountain?

Well, its an old thing, something that went extinct. Now it is being brought forth again. A kind of reprise perhaps. But you have mankind involved in this. Science no less. Are we tinkering with something we shouldn't be tinkering with?

If I was a little less bleary headed, I might be able to come up with something more astute. Or intuited.

Release the hounds!

No, wait, the Cross of the South doth speaketh to me in earnest voice! Lo, she asks about the color lost in the depths. Well, I would say that those colors which are compliments to those colors that predominate in the depths, the warm colors would be the ones lost to the depths. Now if you ask me this in dream, well then, much more might be possible.

But now I must slide back into that bog that is my mind. I hope to find a siren to lead me to shore. My luck, it will be a state trooper's siren.

For me, looking up, I saw blues and blacks and whites. It is a shadowy world in those dreams of being in a night ocean looking up like that. Not much color at all, in fact. Perhaps mostly blues, blacks, grays and whites. That dream came perhaps 12 years ago. Daylight dreams were different. I considered buying land down there. I was convinced some part of me was bewitched by it all. I still yearn for the salt air, the crash of waves and the clouds like giant ploughs pushing across the blue skies. Ah, don't get me started.....

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1338
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 3:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes yes ! and the panic attack with the face mask attached to the microscope suctioning my face and I could'nt breathe ... super-rational reconciles the irrational... ok..I'm not happy about this..but it does seem like an answer to my question. Ah crap. get me outta here and buy a snow rake.

It's a Yellowstone dream SC.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2134
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal,
Yes, that makes sense. Yellowstone.

Hale,
I've spent thousands of hours underwater. Yes, the reds are lost first, even if the sunlight is streaming through the water.

Berghaus
Advanced Member
Username: berghaus

Post Number: 330
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Phew, had a biggie dream encounter last night.

Finding myself in a dreamscape, near a parked car, I observed a flashing Orange light approaching me. It was flying silently and glided rather than 'flew', if you know what I mean.

As the light approached, I could see that the shape/outline reminded me of a rotating orange beacon, similar to the type on tow-trucks in years past, like THIS in fact. I use this to demonstrate that the light was slightly wider at the bottom than the top.

There was no rotation that I could see but this light was flashing in a strong, strobelike fashion. I became unnerved and considered running but I knew that this was an intelligent being.

As it got within 6ft of me, I could see something inside the light. There were two small dark areas inside the light that reminded me ovaries, oddly enough. They didn't look like eyes or anything.

At that proximity, I ran. I ran into my Mother's house and locked the door. End of dream.

On waking, in bed, I was terribly confused but retained near perfect memory of this exciting though unnerving encounter. The confused continued on into work but had completely abated by midday.

Blast it, I wish I hadn't bolted but stayed and tried to communicated with this being. I just knew 'it'/she/he was alive, you know.?

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 413
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's a neat encounter Berghaus. She was probably some non-human entity, obviously.

Berghaus
Advanced Member

Post Number: 332
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I guess Dirk but all I knew what that it was an intelligent entity. It had mind.

I've seen pics of orbs and stuff beofre but this was unlike any of that.

What could it all mean.? Why do I always get scared and scarper.?

Aye carumba.

phoenix999
Username: numen

Post Number: 672
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ovaries are terrifying. They forebode the beginning of the end of all night trance dance.
Surround it with restraint. It has no limits.
Only in the containment of your renouncing
will it truly be a tree.
Rilke

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 417
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 2:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, she was just hot for you Berghaus, that's why her light was flashing at you....

Hale

Post Number: 606
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 2:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Don't feel bad, Berg. I confronted my personal demon not long ago, and it was some scary crap. COuldn't it have been smaller than it was? I stood there for about 5 seconds as it rose up higher and higher out of the chair it had been sitting in as it raised its sick looking winged arms.

Yeah, I bolted out through its house with the person who was with me at the time. I ran like a 6 year old boy. Now I wished I had not. So don't feel so bad. Fear is pretty natural.

Yeah Krystal, and I don't know about YOU but I always think Ice Age when I think Mammoths. I mean, it's like Mammoths and Ice Age go hand in hand or something.

And now that my head is clearer (no monsters in the night), the whole examination thing, the scientists......could be a private symbol, but I wonder if it points to scientists i{knowing} something is up, and it also suggests, if my take on it is on target at all, that someone might even be involved in it somehow. But then again, who knows. The tinkering part suggests something more than just examining. It is participation. And of course once you get to that place in thinking about it, I would wonder....is this a conscious participation, or is this something that is at a more root level? You know, like how we might form events en masse, like the autonomous nervous system of planetary life which participates in larger events. I am probably saying stuff that are making some folks go "wha?" but.....

What is an all night trance dance? Or am I asking a stupid question? I can take it.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 422
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, I assume it's dancing all night to trance music...blorp

Berghaus
Advanced Member

Post Number: 334
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ROFL Dirk, I never thought of that.

fortwynt
Intermediate Member
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 130
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well you can almost guarantee that if something major, earth shaking, were up RIGHT Now you can probably leave it up to science/government to do all they can to suppress it. Especially if they know theres not squat they can do about it.
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

--Ghandi

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1343
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes..it probably is just that the scientists know about it and are'nt telling. I have this latent criminal mind though. I have to ask myself..if I were the powers that be...what would I be doing right now ? Well...our two biggest problems are overpopulation and global warming (no matter what the causes of it are)... If I were to set off Yellowstone... it would give me population control in both aspects of the term and eliminate global warming. It's natural (or so it would appear) so the people in need of help would all trust me for their lives and do exaclty what I told them with no fuss. By triggering one supervolcano.. I've decreased the planet's population, have absolute control over the remaining population through martial law, and have solved global warming. Yah..I'm thinking it's pretty pat solution.

Gah..but that's just me in my weird twisted brain. (Damn I'd make a great Monarch ! )

Hale

Post Number: 615
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 5:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This is in part how they think, Krsytal, so don't feel TOO twisted. I am sure they will think: let them die, we don't have the resources to put toward building housing for these people anyway, we will have famine and massive crop failure, the economy would crash, so just forget about it. Deal with it when it comes. But be ready. The only ones who will be ready will be THEM. They will look as though they were taken unawares, but I suspect that there will be something put into place to deal with it so they survive.

I don't know if I was evil that I'd want that thing going off anytime soon. I'd just as soon not plan for it in terms of setting up a way to deal with the situation (beyond martial law and getting a steel grip on the population that is left)then when it does go off, I could simply say that there was no way we could have known when it was going to go off (kinda like the failure of imagination surrounding 9/11----riiiiiight!!). I mean, last time it went off it was 640,000 years ago. And as usual, you can look at the data in such a way as to support that notion (look at how one president has ignored scientific data thus far as it relates to global warming, evolution, and all the rest) and use that in a propaganda campaign to cover your tracks and justify your inaction and lack of a plan. By then, though, phone lines will be down, the power grid will likely be compromised in a very significant way, drinking water in a large chunk of the country will be compromised, and this allows you to move in with the next phase in your plan for changing freedom into tyranny.

So we have to push for a plan that does not do that, or does it as little as possible. We can mold the future if we the people demand it. Problem is, this is the perfect storm because everyone can just say "Why enact a plan when we don't really know squat about when this thing is going to go? It's just a huge waste of money to do that!" Sort of like Iraq. Huge sums of money poured in, billions every week now, to fund what? A waste of our precious resources and time. I'd really like to see it go another way. Part of it I hope will involve having dreams about times. Dates, or some way to anchor an event like that in time. I know from the web that plenty of people are dreaming about it, and HAVE been dreaming about it for years. Time for a good precognative dream three weeks before it happens. Like anyone would listen to me. Or anyone else for that matter.

Oh, and this IS the dream thread.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1348
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

THAT is why I want to try hypnosis. There is a dude ..Chet Snow..who does stuff like this. The book "The Holographic Universe" gives a bunch of case histories and they can intersect hypnosis with dreaming and even hypnotize two or more people into the same dreamscape. I know I have had access to dates in dreams but did not recall them upon awakening. God, why can't I be rich ? I know I could come up with stuff that is more concrete if I could afford a hypnotist. they are so damned expensive. If I could just be hypnotized back into the dreams...

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1349
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, to clarify..the author of The Holographic universe is Michael Talbot. That is how I heard about Chet Snow. I actually corresponded with Chet for awhile back in the 90's. I've lost touch. Don't know where he is now.

Hale

Post Number: 618
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 6:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

IF I have a precognative dream about a big one going off, I generaly have found that I dream about 3 weeks out on average for those kinds of dreams, and they are very accurate. I haven't had a dream like that in quite some time. Maybe too grounded. Time to change. Had one about the disaster in Chernobyle, an Earthquake in Mexico, and the Waco thing. Had some local births and deaths, things like that when I was smaller, as well as every president from Reagan to Gore. Yes, I said Gore. Since then, though, I have stopped having my presidential winner dream (which comes about three weeks before the voting starts). I'm thinking it is time for that stuff to get turned back on. If only it was like flipping a switch.

Some people, with the right energy, can be like switches to the other. Been there, done that.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 7:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mine don't have a time span. I can tell by my age and the changes in technology etc..if it's far future. Many dreams have happened the same day or were occurring when I awoke. Others from 3 weeks to 3 years. Always very accurate but difficult on the time thing especially when I'm not surrounded by new tech. There have been dreams with newspapers in them. Alas, I always seem to get sidetracked during the dream and not look at them, or forget when I wake up.

I do hope yours come through. At this point I'm pretty convinced of a big volcanic disaster. I don't want my last thoughts to be "The ancestors have been showing me this for years and I did nothing because they did'nt give me an exact date." This is embarrassing..but I did'nt even know Yellowstone was a volcano until two 2004. Now I can look back at dreams I had 20 years ago and think "Oh..that's what that was". had I known YS was a supervolcano or even what supervolcano was back in 2003..I would not have moved to ND due to dreams I had in the past. I feel like a complete idiot.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2143
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 8:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal,
You don't need hypnosis to get back into a dream. I do it all the time. I use a drumming tape and a specific technique.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 8:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, for a dream I just woke up from, that is true, but there are dreams I had years ago...and I'm just not that good. The dreams are now hazy to me consciously. What technique ?

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3336
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 9:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I will leave it to the God Force for a moment
Qua da di

fortwynt
Intermediate Member
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 148
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i commonly have dreams that i am in a foreign land at the behest of the government (american) and im supposed to be undercover(?) posing as "one of them"...but i am always found out, and have to end up killing locals to get away as well as dodge american(?) soldiers and chopper-fire because they ieep firing on me...my most prevalent dream to date, however, is of zombie...like a crude cross between the dawn of the dead zombies and the "zombies" in "28 days later)...That's when I try to fly but can only muster enough energy to fly JUST out of their reach, but it doesnt hold long
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

--Ghandi

Hale

Post Number: 628
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had another one of those encounters with the inbetween image. This is something new for me.
As I wake up, and am completely awake but still in bed, sometimes if I close my eyes for a moment, I sometimes get a flash of something. Usually it is a very quick image. I often think of it as being akin to turning a tarot card over; one quick image. There is very little context for the image, but often I can "feel" what it is connected to.

This morning I had the image of three lanterns, all burning. This was very purposeful it felt, and my immediate thought was this was related to months. But later, I realized I am kind of stuck on months for some reason, and so I am not completely sure what it could mean. It also felt like perhaps there were two more months, but for certain reasons, the math did not jive with some other things I have seen. It is possible this is something completely different and I am just trying to shoe-horn it into something else.

(Message edited by hale on January 07, 2007)

Eye_of_pyramid
Username: pyramid

Post Number: 1232
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Hale, Fortwynt, Buddie, and all.

dreams are crude things, as we can never quite find out what is behind the given context.

Like I was in water, but I could see islands. all over. Last night I could remember nothing, but woke bigger. Physically even, i felt stronger. Guess that kind of veers the thread, so I will drop that.

I love dreams, they are always so personal.

buddie

Post Number: 3339
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 4:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Eop..
Hale if you search 'lantern tarot card'
you get the Hermit Card..it's an interesting
card :-)
Qua da di

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 7:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal,
While you listen to the drumming tape, find your guardian spirit and do a middle world journey (present time, either past or future) and ask to be taken back into the dream. I can usually get back to them that way, but I have a more conscious overview of what I am seeing.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 462
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream that me and my soulmate were climbing a mountain together. I found it comforting.

Cerridwen
Advanced Member
Username: isabella11

Post Number: 381
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i dreamed last night i was doing SITups and fancy half crunches (showing off) in front of people (i work out in RL but i do NOT like ab work and tend to avoid it)...
today...no kidding, my abs feel like i did 100 crunches...very sore. maybe i was clenching them in my sleep?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cerr,
I think that some of us don't get full paralysis in our dreams and can act out some activities. Maybe you did contract your abs. I was thinking about this yesterday when I watched my dog "run" and growl in her sleep.

buddie

Post Number: 3342
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 4:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC I have this dream off and on where
I'm trying desperately to tell my
brother and sisters where to look
to see the UFO but my words are
gibberish..when I wake I've chewed
the inside of my mouth..something else
about those dreams..I used to think they
were black and white or grey but I believe
it's more a negative effect..like a picture
negative.. hummmmm
Qua da di

susi t learn

Post Number: 5124
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 8:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

last night i dreamed i was painting my body. it was black with a purple sheen. when i got to where i couldn't reach parts of my body, my ex helped. when i was done, i danced.

then i dreamed i met my mother in a hotel and we had lunch in their restaurant.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 463
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 8:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, I don't think it's unusual for us to feel the physical effects of dreaming or OBE's.

Last night, I dreamed that my relationship with my soulmate was like an unfinished house. No big surprise there. I also dreamed I was playing the card game solitaire (I must have been bored), and that gelfling was showing me her home town of Grand Rapids, MI. Before I fell asleep though, I had a lucid dream of a dog playing around with a cat, then I heard a "woof!" in my head! Isn't that funny!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,
I have similar dreams with UFO's. I can never get them interested in the windows.

Susi,
I couldn't even begin to offer thoughts about your dream. It sound kind of cool though.

Dirk, your dream doesn't surprise me.

susi t learn

Post Number: 5126
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, the one about my mom...she's passed but visits me occasionally.

the body paint? yeah, have no clue.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 482
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, isn't that part of some tribal custom? the body paint and dancing?