Archive through January 04, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through January 04, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

phoenix999
Advanced Member
Username: numen

Post Number: 415
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 7:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's neat Berghaus, about the moon in astral. That would seem to be what it was because the moon was in the sky yesterday in the shape I saw it in in my dream.

Quite an adventure last night, I started out stranded at a large turnpike where there were all sorts of buses and not the right bus to get where I was going. After much feeling of abandonment, like you feel when you're a little kid who's gotten lost in strange territory, I figured out a long roundabout bus route to take to my destination. I had to go out of my way on the wrong bus to get to a large indoor mall where I could transfer to the right bus.

The first bus was full of strange, remote people who didn't quite talk to me. We could see and hear each other, but it was like they were separated by a dimension. They were quite serious. I got to the large building and inside everything was topsy turvy. Large sales, where none of the items advertised were actually featured. I made my way out to the parking lot and instead of getting on a bus I found a strange alcove that had a large bin in it that looked like a dumpster. It was really a portal. There were a few other people there and we all went through it.

Suddenly, I was on top of a high snowy mountain. There were sinister forces encroaching up the mountain. The odds were against us. There was a leader, about 3 other soldiers, myself and a large Yeti. The people couldn't see the yeti and only the leader could see me. Artillery was getting shelled at us bunkered down in our snow camouflaged hiding spot. It was looking pretty grim, when the big white haired yeti made a kamikaze dive into the approaching enemy.
I was just about to join him and made some snide remarks to the leader about the ineptitude of humans and the hollow stupidity of human schools, when he scolded me quite sternly and said something about minding the use of profanity in class.

Then I looked towards where the Yeti had jumped and saw there was suddenly a thick mesh covering of bare branches and that it would be very difficult to find a place to dive through them in order to get a shot at the enemy. I was about to jump through them anyway just to get away from the scolding when I woke up.

Bran you know what works for dream recall is often remaining in the same position and savoring the bits of the dream you do remember. Explicitly tell your sub-conscious you wish to remember and follow through on the dream.
"If I've made a mistake, do you think God will make a mistake? God will take care of things." -
- Padre Pio -
"I'm a mystery to myself"

phoenix999
Advanced Member

Post Number: 419
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 7:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The sub-conscious is very mallaeble and doesn't categorize things like conscious mind does. It will just believe whatever you tell it, whether your joking or not.

It's pretty simple - just tell it what you want. Repetition is everything.
"If I've made a mistake, do you think God will make a mistake? God will take care of things." -
- Padre Pio -

slw
Username: slw

Post Number: 574
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Berghaus, The "star" I dreamed of had more than eight points and turns out to be an emblem of the "sun". (Silly me, I couldn't tell the difference.) But thanks for that link. I learned alot about stars.

The nearest thing to the emblem in my dream is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China

I'm sure that's it but I can't find it on a helicopter. Oh well, just a dream anyway.

fortwynt
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think dreams can be classified into a few different distinct categories. Let me say firstly that I reject any of these books that claim very broad general definitions to millions of different peoples dreams, to me this is folly.

I think there is a type of dream that is purely "jibberish" or "brain static" as I like to think of it...this type of dream seems to simply throw back random images at as from our day or from the other day, what have you....basically "meaningless" as much as a dream can be meaningless....however I do think ALL dreams may at some point contain SOME kernel of constructive information to be understood by us, but this particular type of dream seems to be very random, choppy, and just generally pieced together very poorly...

The other type of dream is the type where your inner mind is trying to portray a message or meaning of some sort to your waking or conscious mind...obviously when we experience the waking world, our emotions and feelings about things directly shape how we pereceive those things in reality, so thus when we dream our "secret" deep feelings about things are brought to the forefront and we experience this as a dream, and it is typically more true of how we feel about something in particular...like a moody spouse/friend for instance...in daily life we get but a small sliver of their personality, but as we dream bout them, what we truly imagine about them is revealed and they will typically act out what we perceive as the worst way they could act, and we respond with much more emotion...in daily life things are restrained to a large point, and in dreams the emotional perception of the world dominates mostly....so the second type of dream is like this...we may dream something "weird" about something, but we could probably with very little effort sit down and think "why" we might dream something like that, and many times we can figure out things about ourselves and how we perceive that other person that the dream may be acting out symbolically...

The third type of dream in my opinion, is obviously the "prophetic" dream, or otherwise the dream that comes from some direct outside source aside from ourselves that is trying to give us a direct message...perhaps from visitor to us, or "God" to us, or nature to us...

I believe most dreams can be summed up into those three categories.
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

--Ghandi

phoenix999
Advanced Member

Post Number: 457
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What do you think about the relationship of dreaming to soul fortwynt?

The Iroquois practice something called onandaga. They believe soul expresses wishes through dreaming. Some feel it's very important to honor the wishes of soul as demanded through dream in waking life.

If the wish is impossible, they approximate it.

Or you could appease the rancor of the gods by giving up soul wishes to that they are demanding. Say for instance you dreamt you had a mansion in some place that's flooding. You could say - ah my dreams are dead and mansion flooded. Then maybe it wouldn't flood.

What do you think of that craziness fortwynt?
- Padre Pio -

slw

Post Number: 576
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fortwynt, I see you're new, welcome!

You're probably right about the dream classifications. In class' #2, I think we can act out our hostilities towards others and maybe purge "hard feelings" without having direct confrontations. But I think that's what you said!

In the case of prophetic dreams, I have found that I'm either an observer and not in the dream or I'm standing directly behind myself in the dream or looking down on myself. Those are the dreams that in my case I find are messages or downright future events. It's strange how we can do that though!

fortwynt

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Phoenix: The soul communicating messages to the flesh "mind"...yes this makes sense...I feel that we have two (or more) entities that make us all up "indvidually". One is the personality of our true soul-self, and the other is our "animal"-like "created" body "mind"-self. I believe many times my soul has communicated things to my body-mind, when the stimulus from the outside world just wasnt accomplishing the correct results.
I do believe that some "impossible" things that the soul wishes to do....let's say "flying", are expressed in dreams and appease the inner souls desire to do the "impossible"...yes very much so.

slw: thank you for the welcome my friend. Hostility is absolutely a part of it...I find myself dreaming about a tense or annoying situation and I have a very hard time controlling my anger in my dreams, whereas in normal waking life I am a very controlled person outwardly. Someone does something in my dream that insults or threatens me and I immediately lash out...so in this way I feel I am appeasing the inner flesh-desire without actually having to insult or hurt anyone in real life...it is a clear example of how there MUST be some sort of unconscious barrier in the Non-dreaming world which prevents us or "restrains" our more base tendancies...in dreams however that safeguard seems to be removed and we are free to act out whatever we feel....dreams are truly a powerful and mysterious thing.

--Ghandi

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 581
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 2:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Happy new Year. I am feeling really weirded out by a dream I had while away on a trip recently.

No context, nothing before or after this scene, no other dreams remembered to "set" this one up in any way.

I am in a featureless room. I have my daughter with me (she is in early grade school right now). I am standing before a creature that looks human but is not realy human, not completely. No words are spoken, but there is an inner intent, or some commmunication that is wordless with this creature. This creature, which looks like it is mostly female, has pale white skin. It is short like my daughter is short, and it has very delicate subtle features. Its face is very smooth. I look at its white skin, and its almost like it is a covering, almost like makeup, but all over its face (if that was the case). Not totally white. But certainly not OUR coloring. Hair is thin, perhaps it is pulled back somehow. What stands out is that the features of this being are not pronounced except for the eyes. The eyes are round. More round than ours, and the upper eyelids have this funny fold to them near the inner part of the face....almost like an Asian, but not Asian at ALL (no slant to these eyes). Not almond shaped. Something about the lid is weird, that gives it this round eye shape. The eyes are startling blue, and the eyes are not exactly beautiful. This being looks right at you with a gaze that is penetrating. And weird. Something about that gaze is insistent. It is communicating through its gaze. I see its mouth has turned into an "O" as it just sits there. Something about its sitting there is important, or significant. It never stands, just sits. It is NOT a throne. There is nothing symbolic about its sitting, but somehow the sitting is important in the way that it could do important stuff while sitting as opposed to standing. I don't know why exactly, but I can feel that its posture is somehow important. It is kind of leaning forward in this intense sort of way, but very quiet, too. While its hands are in its lap, even the hands seems to want to ask for something, like it wants to reach out, but it never does. This creature looks pretty vulnerable, and it is leaning forward into this dream scene, making this appearance for something it finds to be very important.

It is saying about wanting to do something with my daughter. It is "saying" that it is harmless, but I can feel its desire to do this thing. I think it knows that it can't insist that it be done, since I am there. But it remains insistent in its body language (what there is of it) and this inner communication going on.

I "say" flatly that there is NO WAY that "she" can do what it is she is wanting to do, that she is not getting near my daughter. The insistence is there, and I deal with it by thinking "what if I stand in for her, will that appease you?" Those blue eyes with dark pupils stare back at me, those lips still in a round "O" and it is clear to me it doesn't seem to matter as long as someone does this thing with it. What this being has been wanting to do was a kind of connection with ones soul or spirit. Life force. It also has some weird undertone which makes me uncomfortable.

I step forward to look at this being face to face. Real close. I am aware of this......I can't even explain it. It's just its presence there I guess. But it just keeps up with this pressing sense, like a teapot that just keeps on whistling even though you are running over to open the lid. Pressing.

I lean forward and it leans forward, its eyes open the whole time. Its lips touch mine, still in this "o" position and I am thinking that it is trying to kiss me. So I give that a try, thinking perhaps THAT is what it is wanting. Like it is wanting to learn about this form of contact. I try this for a few moments, and I realize this is not really what it wants. What it wants is to feel what I am feeling. I am not feeling anything. So I try to give myself to it, and I begin to feel this odd erotic stirring after I have closed my eyes. I am aware that this is really all about energy, so I am being careful. Guarded or shielded in a certain way. I don't feel like I am going to lose something of myself by doing this. The being has this.....sense about it that it wants to be a kind of voyeur of the human condition in some way. While it is still there are these small almost nervouse like movments. Mostly of its head, perhaps its mouth from time to time. like I pick up on a small nervous shaking of some kind (almost unnoticable)

As this goes on, and slowly develops, the being opens its mouth and begins to pull my breath into itself. I exhale, and then I then breath its breath in. There is this exchange, which I take to be what it has been after all this while. As this goes on, an odd thing happens. It's almost as though I become more lucid, and I am aware of physically breathing in and out, of feeling its breath coming into my own as I lie on the bed asleep. This feeling causes me to wake up more. It is not an idea of the breathing, but rather I can feel this in a very physical way. Somehow, once I have gotten into this, I know that the only thing that will satisfy this creature is to go through it. Its almost like it wont rest until it has had this experience.

All this time, while I have given myself over to this thing, I am very guarded. I am using some sort of strength within to deal with what is happening. I know that the being can't hurt me, but I am not so sure about my daughter. She remains at my side or just behind me through part of this. I can feel my daughter's presence recede away from the scene as I step up to the being.

Later I thought through this dream. What strikes me is the quality of it and how different that quality is from most other dreams. While it had definate hallmarks of dream to it, there was an overarching sense of waking to it. Realness in the waking sense. Realness in its stark blue penetrating eyes, realness in its manner. Its just plain weirdness......like a very smart kid who innocently is trying to get what being human is all about.

It was like spending time with Michael Jackson, only up a few notches with the wierdness factor. THAT kind of strangeness, weirdness. Like Michael isnt really what he seems to be, like he strikes me as being part creature, and what's up with that pale skin anyhow? Like that. Then those round...ROUND blue eyes with large dark pupils. I did think about the succubus (sp?) as a possible concept being dealt with there. I did not feel like I was standing before a demon. I felt like I was standing before a very weird almost human creature who was wanting to connect at a deepper perhaps more visceral level. Now that I think about it, it was a little like the scene in the Matrix movie where the consort to the Keymaster wants Neo to kiss her. In my dream, though, there wasn't anything that would have kept me from saying "get your paws off my daughter, and you can forget me evry trying anything like that with you!" For whatever reason, I felt like I had no other choice, almost like this creature could and would keep coming back and I might not be on hand next time to protect my daughter.....or something like that. And who the hell knows, perhaps I held within me a secret desire to give this a go, no matter how weird or scary it seemed.
I'm just thinking here. But what stood out foremost was the need to shield my daughter from this innapropriate stuff, even if what it seemed to want to do was to just exchange the breath of life.

There was a good deal of brightness in the room. Something about it seemed unusually bright. Not blinding, but just bright.

(Message edited by hale on January 01, 2007)
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

fortwynt

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 2:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm quite certain that if i had a dream like that, i would be extrememly freaked out for quite some amount of time.

--Ghandi

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 2:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder if the creature has any concept of age ? (if this is some being and not just a dream)It might not understand the inappropriatness in soliciting your daughter for whatever reason. If it happens again and you can manage lucidity, you might try explaining to it that it must wait until your daughter is grown up and only then with her adult permission can an exchange be validated.

If it is just a dream then perhaps you are subconsciously concerned about a new influence in her life. New school ? New teacher ? new situation ? Perhaps a change in somebody you both already know that has contact with her ?
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

fortwynt

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 2:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Perhaps the being is mortality/age, which you seek to give yourself to rather than have it affect your daughter. To embrace it yourself rather than have it embrace her...besides one can only protect ones child from the threat of time/change/growth for so long before poof while we turn away for just a moment, the creature that is time/age/change sweeps them away and replaces them with a new person. It's late, maybe your's was a literally "real" creature, im just tossing out bones here hehe.

--Ghandi

phoenix999

Post Number: 515
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 3:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh padre, let me dream of my parents and brother tonight??

I ran into berghaus outside on a corner and was chatting him up ( he has two children), when Alexander Solschenizyn pulled up on his motorbike. Berghaus was all excited and ran to find pens. Alexander agreed to give us his autograph. I decided it was time to go home.

As I approached my house there were carolers in old fashioned dress singing outside the door. A man in a grinch costume ran out my door and jumped a jumping jack at them - as a joke to give them a scare. (Brother was a joker who gave me a few scares.)

Once inside Santa was there in his full costume oozing all sorts of love and abundance, (Dad). And my mom with my childhood cat Misty. We visited for a while enjoying christmas a very warm and loving christmas feel.
- Padre Pio -

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1485
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 4:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hale, what you've described seems to me to be similar to a visitor type encounter.
What strikes me as 'odd' tho is its overt neediness along with the focus on your child..

Why I say 'visitor' is because I tend to think we have a symbiotic relationship with them at times.
In my own case some years ago , one showed up and
this is almost slightly theatrical but it removed a gauzeous shadowy form or substance from my mouth after which I felt a pronounced sense of wellness.

Dreams may not always be mere dreams.

fortwynt

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 4:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

that reminded me all the sudden that I seem to always have this dream that i have like a long piece of fishing line or string of some sort coming out of my throat out through my mouth and I keep trying to yank on it and pull it out but it just comes out little by little and never ends....sheesh talk about flashback haha

--Ghandi

Nina
Advanced Member
Username: nina

Post Number: 369
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 7:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ewww not the things from your throat dreams!!! I hate those....you pull and pull and it just keeps coming! Usually I am standing with one or two others who seem to be making sure I do it right. UGH!
"Sometimes we find the message; other times the message finds us, and sometimes we ARE the message."

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 6179
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 8:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yikes, Hale! The thing that "weirded" me out the most was your description of the mouth that was in the shape of an "O."

(Goose bumps are going up my spine as I write this, quite literally.)

As I read this, I couldn't help but be reminded of, "And he breathed into his nostrils the 'breath of life.'" There is something very intimate about the "breath of life."

The two elements that strike me most about that are (1) forced intimacy, and in that regard somehow (2) sacrifice. As though you were/are participating in a symbiotic relationship, and in so doing sacrificing yourself for another (your daughter) or to a higher ideal.

After this "dream" (sounds more than that) was over, how did you feel about it—more liberated or more violated?
“Question what’s real. Question who’s real.”

Bran
Username: bran

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 8:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

Don't know whether it's intuition or my own prejudices, but I get the sense that this edge-of-the-seat need involves things about to unfold. . . a "we need to hurry up and get this done now" sort of thing.

Again, whether intuition or prejudice, I sort of feel that this is good. An exchange, not a taking. And I think you have a strong defense system that would have given a strong warning if this were a bad thing.

I'd be weirded out too, though.

"Fools will be fools and wise will be wise
But I will look this world straight in the eyes."
-Ben Harper

phoenix999

Post Number: 522
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, that reminds me of a meditative practice. Sit eye to eye with someone you want to connect with. Prepare with relaxation and breathing fresh energy into the chakras until the whole rainbow is covered. Then establish a pattern of inhaling the other persons exhale and vice versa, all the while visualizing the breath as a rainbow of chakra energy. You can create and very intimate and psychic link with someone doing that.

I dreamt of an odd dentist way out in the country by a large lake with pink spots in it??? I was renting a house from a mobster with questionable character who was engaged in infighting with alot of his peers. His cousin arrived to give me a lift and I accepted even though I was afraid he would drink and drive. Then he did drink, so I got out of the car and was waiting around by this pink spotted lake when a horse arrived and I rode him to the dentist. At the dentist my daughter was also there, only when she was a child. The dentist treated her first. Then I had all this complicated work done on my teeth.
Conflict resolution, I think. Boring for you guys. Funny though, hadn't read Hale's dream about his daughter and mouths last night before I dreamt of my own and dentists.

Leads me to think of psychic connections with advanced or different life forms.
- Padre Pio -

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 2043
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
That doesn't really sound much like a dream. It also doesn't sound like something I would want to experience.

dirkwright
Advanced Member
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 260
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yo Hale! That sounds like a memory of an abduction! Way to go!

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 8:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm glad that you feel it as something unusual instead of sinister. It brought to mind something else.. isn't there an old wives tale about cats stealing the breath from children ? It makes me wonder if this has not happened before, to others long ago but they were not able to perceive it for what it really was, so they feared it and their mind made the creature a cat. Cats sit in a perched way and because of this they can can spring into action. Then in turn that brings to mind the cats of Egypt who were the guardians of the royals. hmmmmmm nevermind me.. I was cursed with a correlative mind that never shuts down.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Hale

Post Number: 582
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 9:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well Krystal, interesting you say that because those eyes......they could have been cat-like in some ways, except I don't think I recall the pupils being slits. But there was something about the eyes that could have been very cat-like.....or bird like....or something other than human (pick a critter with nice round eyes that are made for the night). I suspect that those old stories grew out of some other reality or experience that we perhaps don't have the full context in which to place it in (hey, it's a dream, so we can fiddle with it because it wasn't really real, right?).

It felt very much in the present somehow to me, Dirk. The breathing part was what made me stop and wake up a little. I suppose it could have been something old that was freshened up in the present some.....with the addition of my daughter. Perhaps I have been worrying they might come for my daughter, and I feel helpless in that (I think of all the other parents of kids who had visits and how they felt so utterly powerless)....and this was part of what I posted early this morning that got evaporated.

I wonder if we interact with beings such as this through dreams in some kind of projected state. We tend to see dreams as somehow not on the same par as waking and so we discount the experiences (I am speaking in a general way as a species). I don't think those beings would discount it though. While it is a dream, there was an odd sense of its being more than dream, perhaps a mingling of dream and waking. And yet, I don't think I went anywhere physically in that span of time. I think it turns bad when we fear it, or chose not to face it head on. There was some fear involving allowing my daughter become involved in it.

Something about that being reminded me a little about something you wrote about not long ago about a girl that was being trained or something, SC, who was some kind of hybrid creature. This one had a pointy chin, very fair features, light light hair, perhaps thin. Small kid-like features.

There was something about the skin that was not like human skin. WHile it was white, it had a kind of.....it wrinkled unlike ours. It reminded me a little bit of a creature in the 5th Element. The makup was pretty heavy and so there was some kind of rubber mask on this blue being in the movie, and it gave the effect of the features as having less features, less detail since the makeup and prosthetics were glossing features over somewhat. Lord don't ask me why I thought of the 5th Element in the midst of this.

Cursed or blessed, Krystal?

I thought I posted all of this early today, but I guess that post evaporated somehow. Well, anyway, yes, Thomas, the feeling I got was something of the willies afterward. DURING the experience it certainly seemed my ego was well enough dissengaged to keep me from running screaming from the place, ensuring some level of fearlesness that allowed this experience to move forward. I would say that once I closed my eyes, the experience changed significantly. It did not seem bad or horrific. I said originally it had a touch of the erotic to it. Once I stood back and looked at the being afterwards I kind of had to pinch myself some, but not the horrible thing I perhaps thought it might have been.

A week or two before this I dreamed of all my demons (I did this in haiku as a kind of tribute to buddie so ti was VERY short and to the point) and stood before one of the most sinister looking creatures that had wings covered in these tattoos (ancient symbols---really freaky) knowing all the while I was responsible for creating this creature that was standing up to menace me. So I figure if I could sit still for that and see the horror of what my personal demon had become, I guess I can share some spit with this "silent" curious being who wants to commune with someone. And who knows, maybe it is a good thing. I just hope I don't get strep throat from it (!!!).

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled program. Thanks for the thoughts.

Oh, and Phoenix, interesting practice. Reminds me something of something I did with someone years ago that wound up getting out of hand (she said it never turned out the way it turned out with us----no she was not trying to pick me up).

I sometimes find odd coincidental stuff in the oddest of places (your mouth dream). Sometimes I think it is just my brain seeking patterns in the chaos, but sometimes the timing is particularly interesting......

Oh I'll shuddup now. I got stuff to do. Just thought I'd add some ramble just so some of you know that Hale is not lost.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1330
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Cursed or blessed"...I don't think it has to be either. Perhaps it just IS. That is actually what I believe the next leap in perception to be. The next evolution. The acceptance of paradox.

Hale

Post Number: 585
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Great. Now I wont have to be asked "Paper or plastic?" Actually, I sorta thought you'd say something like that. One reason why I added the "blessed" part.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 879
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale said,
This creature, which looks like it is mostly female, has pale white skin. It is short... and it has very delicate subtle features. Its face is very smooth. I look at its white skin, and its almost like it is a covering, almost like makeup, but all over its face (if that was the case). Not totally white. But certainly not OUR coloring... What stands out is that the features of this being are not pronounced except for the eyes. The eyes are round. More round than ours... The eyes are startling blue, and the eyes are not exactly beautiful... I see its mouth has turned into an "O"

Mr. Bill?

ooooo - here comes Sluggo! He's going to be mean to me...

Just kidding.
Did you see the orb pic at T's blog?
http://thomas-thomasjveil.blogspot.com/
Faces in orbs.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2068
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 9:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

Are these the same eyes?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2069
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wasn't the 5th Element on TV recently? It came as a free gift with the dvd player that I just got.

Hale

Post Number: 587
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC, funny you ask this because tonight after I told my wife the dream (never felt so guilty for having a dream in all my life), I sat there ready to get up and someone puts a kid's plate in front of me.

It was one of the Telle Tubbies. It was a lot like their eyes. Hell, I got a freakin MFA for goodness sake, you'd think I could do up a drawing of this being! (Note to self....) The difference with the Lemur is that they protrude OUT enough so that their pupils always look like they are so tiny. The pupils on this being were larger, and the lids were a little funny. There was a fold in an odd place, I thought.

I know what it was about the lid. It had a fold like an asian person would have toward the bridge of the nose. A tight area around the lid....know what I mean? The rest seemed pretty much a round eye, nothing to make it appear oval.

But round like a Lemur, just not bugging out of the eye sockets I don't think.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2071
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, Hale, I know what you mean. Did I mention in my dream post that the little hybrid that I was supposed to work with had round eyes? You're quite right, they were more like the Teletubbie eyes than a lemurs. Yep, the eyes were flatter. My experience was that the "little girl" could project a holographic image that most humans could see that disguised what was underneath. Perhaps your senses interpreted something similar as "makeup?" You, know, even as I posted the lemur link, I had forgotten about the round eyes until I was driving home from work tonight. Then it hit me why I was researching the lemurs in the first place. (Humms theme from "The Outer Limits)

Hale

Post Number: 589
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have been kinda busy the last couple months. I have not spent as much time reading stuff as darting in and out from time to time. I do remember your discussing a dream about a hybrid that was with the govt. maybe? I'll go take another look up the thread.

Right; flatter, indeed. In fact, one thing about the eyes I noticed was something about them almost made them look FLAT. Maybe it was the color and large pupil or something. Or maybe the blue that went from brilliant to deep blue. Did 'yours' have blue eyes? Of course, if this was some sort of projection, I guess "she" would have some control over how she appeared, so who knows.

(Message edited by hale on January 03, 2007)

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2073
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 1:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
If the color that you are talking about had the quality of opal, then, yes, I've seen it. I have my own theories about what it could make us think of. At this point, I don't think that what you experienced was a conventional dream. I have to admit that I don't really understand "dreams." Every time I become "lucid" in a dream, I go out of my way to touch something and note that it feels exactly like it would with the physical senses that we associate with normal waking reality. I have also experienced the transition from being able to experience the physical sensations of normal waking reality to those of the "dream" state. (I would note, that this never happens when I am not trying to enter a trance state. I use this as a measure of "mental stability". A good friend and teacher once told me that a good practitioner of shamanic methods always has a grasp of which "reality," he/she is experiencing.)

As to the sensuous nature of your interaction with this entity, I would offer the following. First, an astral energy exchange of some type might involve an energy stimulation of many chakras. Since energy can flow down from the higher chakras to the lower, I can understand why it might be experienced as sexual in nature, even if it didn't start there. So, I think that there might be more than the obvious explanation to the experiences that you had with this entity.

Maybe you should try to draw what you saw. It might be a good exercise to bring out details that you need to know.

phoenix999

Post Number: 590
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a flying dream, where I was flying over the most beautiful clear warm ocean. I could see all the way to the ocean floor. There were a bunch of big extravagant houses and people playing in the water, swimming and on jet skis and boats. It was like an archipelago of small islands with houses built on them all quite close together.
I flew over one big house built like a pyramid on rock. It had just been finished being built and it was covered in a big covering like a wrapped up present. I knew that it was covered to keep it waiting in pristine condition until its owner could come and move in.
- Padre Pio -

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 311
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That sounds like a classic out of body experience. Did you flap your arms like a bird?

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3261
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love flying dreams I always seem
to have something in my hand that allows
me to fly..I also love the underwater
dreams where you can breath underwater..
they feel as free as the flying ones..
Qua da di

phoenix999

Post Number: 601
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love the flying dreams too. No flapping just streaming along. Thinking of the big pyramid all wrapped up, I picked a scroll out of the box and it was - 'The lord shall prosper us and we his servants shall arise up and build.' Nek 2:20
- Padre Pio -

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 335
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, that's really cool phoenix.

buddie

Post Number: 3262
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Feenix thats so exotic and important
sounding..My last flight happened at
a baseball game, and I didn't even get
a T-shirt sheesh!
But my Nymph underwater ones are brilliant..
The water smelled like chrysanthemums and
their was a a lonely song from the blue whale
thats when I learned to listen

(Message edited by buddie on January 03, 2007)
Qua da di

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 1681
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie there you are, your nymph friends are calling you....

Hale

Post Number: 592
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 8:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Man, I want a dream like that! I am tired of going through trying crap. I want to float like a bird over the ocean where houses are gifts and whales sing the songs.....

Green becomes me. Very nice dream, there Phoenix. And you dream of sea nymphs buddie? Would this be like water fairies, and mermaids and the like?

I realize I have not had a water dream in forever. Used to have them all the time. Loved them, actually (must be the Pisces in me)

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2095
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 8:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You are all correct. When you are underwater, it feels like you can fly. It's an amazing feeling to be floating on a wall that drops away to a 1,500 ft depth. I dream those things because I've lived them. The flying dreams are always cool.

Hale

Post Number: 594
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 8:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

After having spent 2 weeks diving and snorkeling off Tobago, I had recurring dreams of all manner of water dreams. In one, I looked up to see the moon full winking in the water, a dull glow, and watched as giant rays 'flew' silently by. I was ready then and there to open a dive shop even if I didn't know how to bleed a valve or whatever.

Goodnight all.

phoenix999

Post Number: 620
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 8:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The fastest I ever swam was snorkeling off the coast of the keys...BARRACUDA!!
- Padre Pio -

Southern Cross

Post Number: 2098
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 8:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
Don't feel so bad. Most dive shop owners fail.

Phoenix,
Barracudas aren't so bad. They're quite territorial, and they are attracted to all kinds of shiny things, but they'll leave you alone if you don't wear jewelry or feed then vienna sausage.

Thomas

Post Number: 6267
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lately I've been getting clear "messages" in dreams. Here's the latest one from a nap I woke up from about eight minutes ago:

quote:

"Never be unnecessarily harsh to people:
Those who deserve it can't feel it anyway, and
Those who don't will feel it's full force."

— Somebody in My Own "Dreamland"

Wow. (And word-for-word.)
“Question what’s real. Question who’s real. Trust your own discernment.”

slw

Post Number: 580
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very good, Thomas, and so true!

Thomas

Post Number: 6268
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The weird thing was "how" it came to me.

Remember trying to memorize something, like the lyrics to a song or some lines from a television show or movie? You probably practiced repeating it, again and again, at some point—just to get it right. It was exactly like that, EXCEPT there was no practice first; I just "remembered" it.

As I woke up, I had this "whole packed thought" in my head, word for word. And within about 15 seconds, I had "unpacked" that whole thought into this.

This has been happening quite alot lately, as I've said. So far this is the first one that I've chosen to post, since most of the others seemed directly useful only to me.

This one is very applicable to me, but I also thought others might possibly benefit from it as well.

Hale

Post Number: 597
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Waiter, I'd like two of what that fellow Thomas is having, please."

buddie

Post Number: 3269
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 5:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No Hale don't dream of nymphs I am one
in another thread just slipped the word
in for my nymph friends..so far I'm
still me in my water dreams ... practices
Siren Call :-)
Qua da di

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 345
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 7:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas, those packaged thoughts are called "rotes" by Bob Monroe. Ever read his stuff? Apparently, this is how spirits share thoughts with each other.

Thomas

Post Number: 6270
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yep. I've read each of his three books. I found them so interesting the fist time, I read them again!

What attracted me to his work at first was that in my twenties I began having spontaneous OBE's that I could not control or understand. Suddenly facing the fact that there were bona fide REALITIES out there—beyond "channel normal"—was earthshattering and upsetting to me in the beginning.