Archive through December 25, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through December 25, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Actually, one of my dreams was about my wife. I forgot that one. She was having an online relationship with a man and wouldn't let me see the computer screen. I think that's funny...

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 833
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Southern Cross said,
Have you caught the recent news about Mt. St. Helens starting to give off a smoke plume?

I heard it was just steam in that plume.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 1866
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm sure you're right, Mark. However, it was noteworthy enough to make the news, so it caught my attention.

Jera uruz
Intermediate Member
Username: numen

Post Number: 126
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't think I want to repeat this experiment though. I need good sleep to feel refreshed.

My gosh dirkwright!!! Since when is drugged sleep good sleep?

I dreamt I broke into a temple and was fighting off all the giant priests with a weapon that looked like a barbel.

Now I'm tired.
Santa is God and Foozball is the devil.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 558
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, no PM back from you. I don't think I have changed anything with my preferences where the board is concerned. The path I saw was simple, but I would expect it from the haiku goddess (sorry, I couldn't think of a more apt moniker).

Mark, I seem to be taking off on your lioness dream! I had something happen yesterday in waking that was an odd confluence of events, and it is too too detailed to go into right now, but suffice it to say that it involved a destination that I discovered in waking that I had seen many months ago as I lay in bed awake, feeling like someone was grasping my temples hard which seemed to cause my third eye to open up. As this happened, I began seeing locations. I would begin to appear at these locations. Well, this was one of them. Then came a snippet of a past life memory, or so it seemed. Something about a European family involved in making windows for churches. There was something said that involved whomever is able to tell the story the best gets the job (doing the glass). The idea was that those who were best at doing windows for churches that told the story of the church to the people were the most successful. Big family involved in this.

So last night I go to sleep and I dream a whole series of dreams. One involves a woman who is like a waitress, but has a very Japanese look to her. She has this petite look, but she does not seem all that short. Her hair is up, and her features are very delicate. I am looking at this dark-haired woman and wondering why she is so important. I get in a car and drive. I am with several others. Someone shoots shaving cream onto the side of the car, but this shaving cream is acidic, and eats the paint off the car. We drive by a fire hydrant where a guy and a small boy are near it. The man turns the hydrant on just as we drive by and it cleans the car off. How convenient. It was actually pretty funny.

Then we get to this huge manor house. I am instantly inside this room that is larger than my own house. Long room. I am with someone else there on one end of the room and there are lions and hyenas in there. They are hanging out on the other end, which looks more like a cave because the floor curves UP. No lights. Just some natural light coming in. They are looking at us with this look like they want to just bolt over and eat us. Someone has these tires that are filled with meat. We take these and hurl them over to the hyenas and lions. They don't seem impressed. One hyena comes over to within five feet of me. It has this look on its face like......it would just as soon take off my arm as look at me. I hurl the other tire across the room, and it lands on its tread and takes this wobbly course across the room, which seems to interest the hyenas a great deal, and the hyena is over at the tire watching it as it does this lazy wobble of a roll. At this point we beat a hasty retreat out of that room.

I end up on the OTHER end of that room, but everything seems to have changed. I know the lions and hyena are still there, but I seem to be protected somehow. I am thinking I am in a smaller room beyond the end of the room I was just in.

I am looking around and I realize this is a child's play room. A rich child's room. Over along the wall in the next room is a 8 or ten foot long fireplace. It has hooks and other tools in the fireplace. This is part of a kitchen. There is even a chair made out of metal made for a child. The idea was that you put the chair near the fire and it will conduct the heat fast for someone who is cold. The fireplace is big enough for multiple people to get inside of it if need be.

I am looking around this room and I see this rectangular box like object, with cloth on each side. Red cloth. It is clear to me it is a box with cloth sides, and small delicate rails that act like curtain rods for the cloth. I pull back the cloth and see a small lanky man on a bicycle. The bicycle is positioned on a rope across the length of the box. He is wearing a red hat like the Italian clowns wear. Tall and pointy. His outfit is all in red and it is silk and finely done. The bicycle is incredible in detail, down to the spokes.

I roll the box to the side and the bicycle takes off. As it does, it provides power for the man to begin to make a flip over the handlebars of the bike as it goes across the rope. Really, an incredible toy. It looked old, everything made by hand, and very well treated. I get the feeling like this was connected to the earlier thing that happened during the day. If they (the occupants of this house) were making windows for churches, they could have been a well to do family. Some families would get these jobs and it would continue for generations. One church could be a life's work, and a son could well take over the job from his father. Whole families could be involved in the enterprise. This was the idea I got from this memory snippet. I should probably do some reading on that.

SC I think I may have been worrying over Yellow Stone, whose dome is filling up faster than expected. I have been having some weird things related to that area of the country. Some things that suggest to me that it is not a safe place to be. The fact that I have acted on it seems to mean that I am getting pulled into the stuff some.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1867
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
Are you aware of the fact that hyenas and lions are natural mortal enemies?

dirkwright

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, it looks to me like you are experiencing the lives of members of your soul group, or your own past lives.

I sure hope Yellowstone doesn't blow any time soon. That would be bad.

Jera, I don't seem to be able to turn off my psychic perceptions, so drugs are better than not sleeping. I usually wake up refreshed if I follow my usual routine.

Mark

Post Number: 835
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know a man who gave himself a potentially dangerous bleeding ulcer by taking one aspirin just before bed each night as a precaution against heart attack - against his doctor's orders, yet!
Just lays there against the stomach wall and burns a hole in the lining.

-------------------------------
When your conscience hits
You knock it back with pills

-Led Zepplin

Mark

Post Number: 836
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale says,
Mark, I seem to be taking off on your lioness dream!

oh no. What have I done?

You might want to go to animalspirit's site and look these up.

Lion's Wisdom Includes:

Brotherhood

Letting go of stress

Strong family ties

Strength

Courage

Energy

Self fullfillment

dirkwright

Post Number: 75
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah, aspirin wouldn't be approved by the FDA if it was a new drug today because of side effects like that. Enteric coated aspirin is supposed to be much safer. Also, Ibuprofen can cause the stomach to bleed, and tylenol can cause liver damage. I do sleep better with a mild pain reliever and Benadryl. They're actually the ingredients in many OTC sleep aids.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 4861
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i seem to dream more of animals than people. lots of horses and hawks.

as far as sleeping, all i need is for my head to hit the pillow and i'm a goner. (clear conscious)

Mark

Post Number: 838
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Me too...I can flip the wall switch, hit the sack, and be asleep before the light goes out.

susi t learn

Post Number: 4863
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

when my kid was in 9th grade he fell asleep in class so the teacher made him stand. he fell asleep on his feet!

dirkwright

Post Number: 77
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 1:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't believe the ability to fall asleep easily is a sign of a clear conscious, sorry.

susi t learn

Post Number: 4864
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 1:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dirk, dirk! did you SEE the grinning face next to my comment??????

IT'S A JOKE!

geesh.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3011
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 1:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've been thinking for the past 3 days of
posting in that thread about animal spirits
or whatever it's called .I wanted to ask how
do you know you have an animal spirit?
I dream alot about cats and horses.
My last Lion dream was it was out to get
me but couldn't.
So Mark thanks I'll also check out that link.

I seem to function well enough most of the
time when I can get 5 hours sleep during the
week.I think I'm a night-early morning cycle person and if I could I'd go to sleep at 7AM
not 9-10 PM..
Qua da di

dirkwright

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sorry I missed that susi.

Hale

Post Number: 560
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 4:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Exactly. Mortal enemies. I was thinking how odd it was that they were hanging in the same room together. You should've seen the look on that hyena's face (no it wasn't laughing). I was glad someone tossed me the tire with the meat inside. Too close.

Well, I was thinking that it had some other life elements in it. A house with mortal enemies residing side by side. This place looked like a manor house or even castle. I don't think it had anything to do with power animals/totem, though ;) Was considering it might have been some kind of echo from an experience I had earlier in the day related to a glass working family. Different kind of glass from what I do now, though.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1880
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
Are you being tormented by two conflicting emotions about something? Maybe something that had its routes in your childhood? The animals were near a childrens room I thought you said.

buddie

Post Number: 3034
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale I don't know why I'm
laughing..your last post ..I'm sorry to
to you and everyone ..
Qua da di

Hale

Post Number: 561
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't think so, SC. There was plenty to torment me in my childhood, but much of that has been worked through, largely transformed into something else. Without it, I don't think I'd be where I am internally. Not that I think suffering is a good thing, only good when you transform or move beyond it. However, a very insightful interpretation. I'll be paying more attention to these kinds of elements, though.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1419
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I read that dream sequence you posted Hale and what stands out is the colour red so its whatever that may mean to you .. could be emotions..could be a new start or starting over new beginnings ..I figure that you are probably best to look at it for what it means to you.
and something like soul signature or just
read the fine print get that checked.
the bike ..good way to unwind...
or just comes in handy.

I'm just guessing lol ..mostly folks are best at interpreting their own dreams as in its you not me.

Hale

Post Number: 563
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Hale I don't know why I'm
laughing..your last post ..I'm sorry to
to you and everyone ..

Hey, laugh it up buddie! Things can get serious sometimes, and good to break things up a little with a little humor.

Maybe I need a lesson or two in haiku.
Maybe it is time for me to start writing like that.
Hmmmmmmm...........

Well, thanks for the thoughts and ideas on the dream. I do tend to feel it has a bunch of historical elements, enough to suggest some things to me....Sometimes having some distance from them can help see them clearly (which is where having others looking at it can help).

dirkwright

Post Number: 91
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 7:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My most lucid dream last night was about being at a house in the woods, like in the rolling hills west of here. I think it was Laurie Monroe's place. I miss her very much already. I remember doing a lot of cleaning there, picking stuff up, throwing stuff out, washing my hands and commenting that they had really hard water, which is typical of mountain well water. She had a key she wanted to give to me, but we had to find my car first, so we all left the building and started walking. Then I woke up. I wish I would have known her better, she seemed like a neat lady. I remember sitting in the Fox lounge at the MI when I first got there. Everyone was chatting and she sat behind me. I missed something they were saying, and she put her hand on my shoulder and said "it's your energy Dirk". That kind of took me back a second, since I'd never met her before then.

Jera uruz
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 193
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamt there was a maniacal white haired man throwing bombs at buses and trains. He'd ride around on this specialized bike and throw bombs in coke cans converted into explosives.

Noone else could see him, only I would recognize him. He figured that out and started to hunt me down, so I had to hunt him.

We wound up in a show-down by an old gas station. Once I got him off his souped up bike he was nothing. He seemed to derive all his power from the bike. I drop-kicked him and threw a propane tank on him.

Then the cops arrived and said I'd assaulted an officer because noone else could see him. But I managed to get them to see he was the crazed bomber.

Hale

Post Number: 569
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dreamed of all my devils
visited them one by one
clearing away debris.

dirkwright

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, that's called "working on your stuff"...

Jera uruz
Advanced Member

Post Number: 215
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 9:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dreamt I was diagnosing all these people who had odd illnesses and that I was to appear on Oprah Winfrey. I was in a weird building with dimension changing rooms - you could switch from one dimension to another just by walking through these rooms. It was rustic wooden looking with Dali type holes some in the ceilings and some in the walls. I was showing someone how to get the right bed for them - something about a proper mattress, and 3 pirates appeared. So I had to dispense with them, put them in the right dimension.

Then it was time for my appearance on Oprah. I was looking for some clothes to wear and she was there a few feet next to me looking through her clothes. She had on high heels and didn't approve of my lambs wool slippers. She said I couldn't wear those onto her show. I don't really like high heels, but I decided I'd put some on for Oprah. Then I woke up with a really good idea for one of those pulpy self-help books.

Now I only have to sell the advertising for the inside covers.

buddie

Post Number: 3102
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Jera cool dream..I think Hale
mentioned some time back about a dream
or sequence of dreams where he was helping
people cross over..

Oprah..getting the scoop!! I'd work
on that idea if I were you :-)
Qua da di

Mark

Post Number: 846
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed I was sitting in the passenger seat in a black Corvette as a young blonde girl drove it up a broken curb into a parking spot facing the beach.
I got out, took off my shirt and put my sunglasses on, and went over to a woman with her back to me, and clapped her on the back.
When she turned, I saw she wasn't the same one as my chauffer...uh, "It's a beautiful day!" I said, when she turned around, surprised and smiling as her husband stood there with a look of tolerant consternation on his face.
"Isn't it ironic that the nicest day comes so close to the end of the year?" I was starting to add when I woke up.
It was a beautiful day, too - sunny and cool.

(Message edited by Mark on December 24, 2006)

Hale

Post Number: 573
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In my dream of crossing
We prepared an apartment
but got side tracked some....

Other [dreams] were helping
those about to cross find peace
before the time came

The angels who help
are likely us in disguise
worlds open before us

Jera uruz
Advanced Member

Post Number: 229
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oprah's a snazzy dresser.

That's neat Mark - it's like the nicest day here - Bright sunny and not to warm. What were you starting to add up?

If the angels are us, no wonder there's so many devils. hehehehehehe

I was a geek, now I'm a level 12 Paladin.

Mark

Post Number: 848
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 2:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was being escorted to the boundary between there and here prereturn to consciousness by a spirit guide/aspect of my subconscious mind, wearing a white shirt (which I took off) and donning sunglasses (to protect against the glare and clamor of the Known world/tonal).
The broken curb was the illusion of impassibility (the veil), and the other woman was another sojourner who was leaving her male partner in the other world, prior to her return/change of state.
The shoreline symbollically is the demarcation between the 2.
Sunny is good, cool is fine, my slap on that lady's back showed the near-physical quality of that place too.
Or so I now think.

dirkwright
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 112
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 6:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One of my dreams stands out from last night. I had gone to sleep sad about my marriage, and one of my guides was showing me that I was supposed to be focused on spiritual things instead. I remember seeing an extended arm showing me another area for my focus. I still don't understand why I should be focused on that, since it's in the area of emotions and relationships that I want to make the most progress now.

In another dream was with I think a Norwegian woman, a skier. We were walking along and met my wife from this life. She wasn't angry with me, which I found surprising. I don't understand a lot of the stuff I dream about. Oh well, just thought I'd share.

susi t learn

Post Number: 4902
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 6:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you don't understand your dreams? god, they reek of symbolism. do you record your dreams? you should, then re-read them.

Skafandr
Advanced Member
Username: skafandr

Post Number: 458
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 6:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a rather strange dream last night, as usual!
In it, I was being given a lecture by George W. Bush (??), who was a professor apparently, despite the location not being a university (or Bush having a brain). In fact, the location was some kind of wooden dwelling built by a culture from a very warm climate, because the walls were thin like plywood and there was no insulation whatoever - my guess is, the location was somewhere in South-east Asia.

My grandmother was also there, writing about the Buddhist view of death on a blackboard in a hallway. Also there was a dog and a cat. The dog was a rather elderly looking animal, quite close to its demise, I would think. Despite being frail and old, it was kept in a basket in a dark bathroom in this plywood house. Upon discovering it, and realizing that the dog was probably dying because it was locked up in a dark, cold place like that, I complained about this to someone and eventually took the dog into my part of the house. But the next time I went into the bathroom, there was a cat there where the dog had been, and the cat was staring at me in a rather sly way. And then I woke up.

Analyze that!

dirkwright
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 114
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't "do" symbolism susi, sorry. Dreams are just another reality to me.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1929
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I spent most of the night dreaming about being out of body and flying around. Most of the dreams were lucid, and I couldn't really tell if I was dreaming or out of body, except that I was dealing with some situations that aren't in this current space/time.

susi t learn

Post Number: 4906
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

'i don't 'do' symbolism'?

good grief.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1932
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 1:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Also, before I fell asleep, I stayed for a long time in the in between state. My power animal told me that "tigers hunt alone." I responded, "yes, but so do snakes."

dirkwright
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 116
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 2:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That sounds like an exciting night SC. It's cool being in that state, isn't it? I had many dreams too, but I forgot most of them.

susi, just so you know, the Australian aborgines consider the dream world a literal reality, much more real than this world, and nothing symbolic about it all. I'm like them. This whole thing about "dream interpretation" is probably a byproduct of Western psychology and nothing more.

susi t learn

Post Number: 4909
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 2:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yes dear, i DO know about the aboriginies. while i have had several 'reality' dreams myself, i also get message dreams in symbolism. besides the 'real' types, i believe everyone also has just plain dreams. except for you of course.

dirkwright
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 2:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You're free to believe what you want susi, but you know that of course. I'm offended when you expect me to have the same beliefs as you, that's all.

susi t learn

Post Number: 4912
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 2:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dirk, i have never expected you to believe what i do. it's just hard to believe that in your entire life you've never had one everyday, common, dream. i simply find that very unusual. that's all. certainly nothing to get offended about.

dirkwright
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 2:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Why do you insist that I should have one of these kinds of dreams? Why do you have that kind of expectation of me?

buddie

Post Number: 3116
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 3:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hee hee
Qua da di

susi t learn

Post Number: 4913
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 3:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

where did i insist ANYTHING of you??

what's your problem?

dirkwright
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 127
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 7:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Um, because you don't believe me susi, that's why.

susi t learn

Post Number: 4916
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 7:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you need to review communication 101.

if i didn't believe you, i think most people on this board know i'd flat out tell you.

all i was saying was it's rare.

i give up. you're too dang defensive.

have a nice day.

dirkwright
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 129
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 7:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When you say "it's just hard to believe", how else am I supposed to take that susi? Where I come from, that means "I don't believe you". Sorry if I did not clearly understand you.