Archive through December 13, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through December 13, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 4640
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the harris hawks we have here in arizona are charcoal grey with a white chest and a patch of white on the tail and they're huge-bigger than a redtail.

Berghaus
Advanced Member
Username: berghaus

Post Number: 242
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gotcha.

It did cross my mind that maybe it wasn't a real Hawk.

Daft as it sounds, we don't get Hawks round here, though a Heron did start to fish the pond in the field next door last summer.

I dunno, just had a feeling about this Hawk showing up. To be fair, I have a really good feeling about it but haven't heard the Hawk in a month or two.

Maybe her work is done for now; dunno.

Still, I listen and work and try to get on with this mad holiday called life.

We're a funny folk but life is good. Hurts a lot at times, when we lose friends, but overall, it's good.

susi t learn

Post Number: 4643
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

there are spirit birds also berg, i had a white hawk appear to me twice.

Berghaus
Advanced Member

Post Number: 250
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 7:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, thx babe. I do listen.

Just heard a loud odd shrill tone.. very electronic though it's 20 past midnight here.

Busy night.? I hope so. Let's see.

I'll keep yaz all informed.

chriscrd
Username: chriscrd

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hawks...last year, my father was outside of his place when a hawk landed in a nearby tree and stared him down for quite a while...not in an area where haws are usually seen...he then had a feeling to call a good old friend back that lives in the same state i do...and he found out that the friend had just died a couple of hours earlier...

susi t learn

Post Number: 4655
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

that's how i view hawk, as a messenger. when a good friend of mine passed, hawk showed up the next day on a building in the center of town as i walked by. she had always told me she was hawk.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 799
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Etoille, The buffalo pair showed themselves to you, that was the point of it... I had the idea while pondering your dream earlier today that this is the first part of dreaming - there may be more related dreams to come. House is a symbol for mind, and when you put them out you may have known that outside the limits of the mind and its familiar things (Christmas lights, CD players, etc) is the proper place for them. You did right.
The buffalo is a symbol of abundance and manifestation. their large heads represent intelligence of a higher order and their strong bodies ground them to the earth. They are the uniting force between the mundane and the divine, and hold the teachings of right action and prayer.
The buffalo teaches us how to eliminate our burdens by directing our energy in a balanced way.
Buffalos can be unpredictable and dangerous when provoked. Those with this totem need to see the good in all things and not let their frustration store up inside them.
The buffalo reminds us to give thanks for what we have, to respect all life forms and to honor the integrity of our own divine essence - it is a symbol of equality, sacrifice and service, and can show us how to live in a state of understanding, acceptance and joy. It helps us release our self-pity and awakens abundance within our consciousness.
Buffalo is a powerful medicine to have and serves as a stepping stone towards healing our imperfections and reconnecting with mother earth and father sky.

link

...found that in my notes.

John
Username: john

Post Number: 536
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 2:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love the birds I have a plethora of them that visit. some here, some in the dream, and some like cross over.

herons are the best a rare gift to see one up close and personal. crane visited in a dream it was in the back yard and eating mice and toads.

but I have to say the one that still to this day inspires me to no end is the humming bird. like jewels on wings they are. honor your bird visitors talk to them. you will be rewarded.

here in Kern we have hawks of all kinds kestrel to red tail and some falcons too others as well so even and Nobel. they hunt and retrieve and have a good eye for spotting the coveted knowledge. spirit food.

btw I was not being a smart as- berg. sometimes we have to turn around in the dream face a fear and fight for ourselves. we have that self respect thing ya know. it manifests as confidence over here, and gives us freedom to roam over there. so ya talking is good, lets talk about getting over the fear in dreams..... I am all for that.

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 84
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello group,

I still seem to be in a bit of a lull in regards to my dreaming and recall. I have been on some medication for a problem I'm having with my left ear. I'm experiencing a ringing and fullness that is causing a sensitivity to sound. Not sure if the medicine is the culprit or if I'm in a natural down cycle.

I had a dream last night though and the only part I was able to recall was being out in space looking back at the earth. I was at a distance that made the earth about the same size as the moon. I was looking down at what I took to be the pacific ocean because there was mostly water. Someone spoke to me and said "a new cycle is starting, your planet has been granted a new beginning."

starspirit
Username: starspirit

Post Number: 1709
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, that's a trip!

I too was in space last night learning with kronos? a strict dude, about time & cycles.

russadams
Username: lightsleeper

Post Number: 504
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed that I was on a long trip last night, although I don't think it was in space. I was in some kind of rickety contraption with a group of other people--it was sort of like a stagecoach, I guess, only powered by foot pedals, like a bicycle. Anyhow, the girl pedaling must have had good leg muscles because there were about six of us who were passengers. We stopped over at some type of inn and the innkeepers had as pets: a huge, friendly tiger; an Australian sheepdog; and a brown rat. The tiger was awesome and stretched out so that we could cuddle up to him. Then, the atmosphere in the inn changed and everyone started getting antsy, and the animals began pacing. We got back into the rickety vehicle and I noticed that some of the passengers were different. One of the guys had long, skinny fingers and strange looking eyes, and it occurred to me that he was a hybrid. Then I woke up.

Damon

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 9:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmmm.....maybe we where at the same school, but a different class. What lessons did you learn with Kronos?

starspirit

Post Number: 1715
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dream school, yep I hear that

Teachings last night were in regards to cycles of the constellations and the movements of planets & their relations to us and our nature. Seasons & energies/teachings on a big wheel that turns with us yearly like a spiral building in knowledge/growth. All day has been synchronistic with information relating to dream.

Speaking of this wheel that turns, Seems last year around this time, also dreamed of this sort of "cycle" knowledge. I recall being told that in 2006 we were entering a new sun cycle and was shown an ancient buffalo wheel that began to spin.

LOL all I know is that we are learning some cool stuff about ourselves & universal nature in these dreams

Etoile
Advanced Member
Username: etoile

Post Number: 275
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 9:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback regarding my dream of the buffalo pair. It really helps to have other minds interpret symbols.

Mark, your remark that "house" correlates to "mind" really brings things into focus. Perhaps my feeling that the house was unfamiliar to my conscious memory has to do with the fact that my mind was moving in unfamiliar territory??

Berghaus, I think you're right about the energy seemingly strengthening of late. This full moon seems to be particularly powerful and I'm not one to pay too much attention to such things. Several times over the last year, and yesterday was one of them, I have awakened from sleep and felt that "something" was different. I felt energized and connected with nature and there was this feeling that all was well. It's kind of hard to explain but seems to have something to do with a sense of time being changed in some intangible way. I felt this strongly one day this past May as well as one day in August...

Star, the dream of the buffalo wheel which you had last year at this time is very interesting. What does the buffalo wheel express? Many of us seem to be picking up on similar thoughts.

starspirit

Post Number: 1716
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning Etoile,

The buffalo wheel seemed to say an ancient cycle has just been activated and is now in motion. I recall a star beamed down waves? like a remote control. was told to watch for this.
And on Feb 23, 2006, saw that beam & it's signs of activation on a space site.

"Ancient ways will be known in this new age"

this wheel info was found recently & was reminded of that dream

(Message edited by starspirit on December 06, 2006)

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 5768
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Like the old song says, "I Had the Craziest Dream Last Night!"

"Yes, I didÖ"

It seems that I was outside of my own body last night, and a being with definite female energyóand a very kind, but professional attitudeóapproached my "vehicle" (my physical body) with a diagnostic tool of some sort that she carried in one hand while the long wand that was attached to it by a hose or cable of some sort was held in her other hand. She seemed to take some readings, moving this wand just inches over my body, then conferred with two other beings about the results of these readings, and then turned back to me.

"You're still carrying hazardous materials in your vehicle," she said, flatly.

"I am?" I replied, stupidly.

She looked into me for a long moment, and through that action we both seemed to understand each other perfectly. She had NO JUDGMENT WHATSOEVER for meójust a message to impart. She then told me that I was refusing to forgive myself. She told me that thoughts become things, and that I was taking these thoughts of mine "in my vehicle" and "all over the place," and creating situations and affecting others with my "hazardous cargo" in ways that SURELY I must be unaware ofóbecause if I WERE aware of this, she was certain that I would rid myself of this "hazardous cargo" right away, in order not to do this to myself and to others.

I recognized instantly that she was right.

I told her this. That by not forgiving myself before I had fully made amends, I believed myself to be doing "the responsible thing." She then gently and firmly assured me that I was mistaken; that by carrying these "thoughts" around "all over the place" in "my vehicle" I was doing no service to anyone whatsoeveróin fact, she said, these thoughts are "hazardous cargo."

Standing by a special "door" of some kind, I promised her that I would stop this immediately, and change my thoughts. And when I stepped through that "door," I woke up in my physical body, in "my vehicle." Writing about this was the first stop I'm choosing to make this morning.

I think this is significant. Although I have heard a particular phrase again and again, from people that I respect and admire, I have stubbornly refused to accept what is perhaps the greatest single insight from the Twentieth Century: it is from quantum physics, that "Thoughts become things." A scientific insight, as Fred Alan Wolf, Ph.D. pointed out in his interview with Whitley Strieber, but also a deeply spiritual one.

It's therefore time to forgive, and move on. Now. Today. While there is still time.

Apparently, this long, dark night (of the soul) has gone on too longófar longer than even I have known ("You're STILL carrying 'hazardous materials.'"), and it's time to wake from it.
"Question what's real. Question who's real."

Berghaus
Advanced Member

Post Number: 257
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 2:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmm, just switched on the 6 o'clock news on BBC1 and at first I though there had been another bombing.

A street had half a building demilished and materials strewn everywhere. It really did look like the blitz from WW2.

Now, I wonder, was the symbolism from the Chinook dream I had last week about this.?

WW2, Chinook, noise, twisting & turning. Most odd.

The oddest thing was that the tornado touched down in Chamberlayne Road. Neville Chamberlain was the PM at the start of WW2.

I dunno, could be a dream hit. Still working on the six numbers though.

Damon

Post Number: 86
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 7:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas - Strange, I have been getting suggestions along that same path. I have made a conscious effort to eliminate all negativity from my life, no matter how small. When it presents itself I try to turn the focus to the positive. I'm not a negative person, far from it I think, but we all have room for improvement.

Food for thought my brother.......

Ē Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalystÖa spark that creates extraordinary results.Ē

Owl
Intermediate Member
Username: owlish

Post Number: 132
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 8:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Berghaus,
When you mentioned chinook, first thought to my mind was the chinook wind:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind

"In Lethbridge, Alberta, chinook winds can gust in excess of hurricane force (120 km/h or 75 mph). The winds gusts can be strong enough to shatter car windows through air pressure differential. On November 19, 1962, the winds there gusted to 171 km/h (107 mph) in an especially powerful chinook.

In Pincher Creek, the temperature rose by 33įC (60įF) in one hour in 1962. Also, trains have been known to be derailed by chinook winds there."

(Message edited by owlish on December 07, 2006)

Thomas

Post Number: 5776
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 8:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You make sense, Damon.

It's strange. I've been willing to accept the quantum insight that "thoughts are things" IN THEORY, whenever I would read or talk to others about laboratory experiments or this concept on a philosophical level, but when going forward in practice in real life and IN MY LIFE, I have prevented myself from applying it there personally.

No more.

I like the quote you offered too, by the way. Thank you.

John

Post Number: 542
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Chinook salmon, it means determination to swim up stream against the odds to the fertile sponning grounds. just read that a day or two ago actually.

unless its a Chinook helicopter. then its something else. fear or premonition. its good to document either way.

toxic thoughts kill you Thomas, maybe you need to rethink or put something new in your mind. its working for me. I think your spirit lady is wise. and just what is it that is so toxic that you have not shared it with us. maybe you need to dump the crowd that you hang out with. not the people here but the ones in real time. like do you have some messed up friends that whine and snivel and manipulate. ya those dump um. put your energy into something else like reading my friend flicca or macromey. hey I ainít kidding I just started origami loving it. meshes with alchemy and sacred geometry like you would not believe.

I had a dream last night there were 4 of us and we were at the edge of a woods just looking at each there 3 guys one gal. we were talking but darneditall if I cant remember what we said. I think we made a pact with each other to watch each others backs. Iím in, room for more always room for more.

Damon

Post Number: 87
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 9:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You are welcome Thomas.

Reading.....good advice John. I just got a new book in the mail today and I'm looking forward to reading it. The book is "Breaking Open the Head" by Daniel Pinchbeck. Has anybody read it?

John, I'm in too!

(Message edited by damon on December 07, 2006)

(Message edited by damon on December 07, 2006)

John

Post Number: 544
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i absolutely knew you would be. your a cool dudeman damon

heard of the book but never got to read it. keep us posted about it will ya soud intreaging.

Berghaus
Advanced Member

Post Number: 258
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 4:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Owl, of course.!

If only we could dig deeper into these powerful dreams and decode them before the events happen.

All the information was there in the dream, it's just that retrospect allows for a sweeter and neater interpretation.

Bahh, always so difficult beforehand but with practice we can move closer to decoding the premonitions somewhat better.

Chinook wind..ahh, I shoulda googled Chinook for all it's meanings... aye carumba.

Berghaus
Advanced Member

Post Number: 260
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 4:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmm, I was just reflecting some more on the dream of the chinook.

Robots spilled out of the helicopter in the dream.

Could it be even remotely possible that this twister was formed and controlled by technology.?

Yep, seems a daft suggestion I know, but since so many other elements of the dream appear to have some bearing, well...

I dunno, too wierd. Way too wierd.

TheLabRat
Username: thelabrat

Post Number: 837
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 5:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have never posted to this thread, mainly because I have gone through such a long period of not being able to remember my dreams

Most of what am posting here, I posted on another thread several hours ago.

I dreamed night-before-last, that I was living in a place, sort of like an apartment/condo complex, and the people who lived there, including me, were all the people here on this board! We were all going in and out of each others' "units", checking on each other!!!

It was in vivid color, as well!

Who (female) here on the board, has long, strawberry blond hair? And is between 45 and 60 years old?

Then, last night, I dreamed that I "woke up", and both my mother (who died in 2000), and a little dog (who looked exactly like my dog that passed away on Nov. 5th) were there. Only, in the dream, it was as if my mother and I were living together (which, of course, we did, during the last years of her life), and that we both got up "in the morning" and discovered the little dog.

My mother and I (in the dream) were both freaking out about this little dog, saying "He looks exactly like Rocky!"

We were both so flabbergasted and convinced that Rocky wasn't really dead, or had come back to life, that we went out to make sure his grave (which is, in reality, in my current garden) had not been dug up!!!! It had not.

There are details I am leaving out, especially about the dream of the apartment complex with UC members living there.

In addition, there was a really weird dream of a (ahem) personal nature, that was just really strange.....no need to post about it in detail, except to say that I think it was calling attention to the fact that perhaps I substitute food for "the wild thing".....even when "the wild thing" is what I really wanted, and was "offered" to me!!!

(I am not overweight at this time, but I have been, in the past. I have lost over 60 pounds in the past 2 years. And my appetite for food undergoes major shifts. A couple of months ago, I was getting concerned at my lack of appetite; now, I am noticing that I am swinging into a period of ravenous appetite.)

These bizarre dreams have come after a long spell of not remembering my dreams at all.

Seems my recent trip to see "family" opened the floodgates for dreams, beginning with horrendous nightmares while on my trip.

And speaking of dreams.....I think I might be able to go to sleep now! Night! (or, more accurately, Mornin'!)
"In the end, only kindness matters."

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 2750
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 5:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L. Bridgit has long strawberry blond hair.
She is early 40's I think?
Qua da di

Berghaus
Advanced Member

Post Number: 261
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 5:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Doesn't Susi T have lovely strawberry blonde locks?

TheLabRat

Post Number: 839
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 6:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmmmm!!! Well, it's hard to tell their hair color from their photos in their profiles!

My memory of the strawberry blonde in my dream, is that of someone close to my age (53), with very fair, delicate skin, fine wispy (but long) hair that was worn semi-piled up and caught with some kind of clasp...like a loose pony-tail, and very intense blue eyes.

She seemed physically fragile....more like delicate, rosy cheeks, but natural, not like make-up, and prominent cheekbones.

She was, it seems like I remember, working on some kind of sewing, needlecraft, or something, in my dream.

Berghaus
Advanced Member

Post Number: 262
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 7:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmm...

susi t learn

Post Number: 4701
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

my hair is to my waist. it's mostly white with a few strands of red left. in a photo, the red can make my hair look blonde. i'm 59. hair not wispy-quite thick and coarse. medium complexion. not fragile. no rosy cheeks. yep on the cheekbones. i don't sew but do beadwork.

overall it doesn't sound like me. doesn't cerridwen have long red hair?

susi t learn

Post Number: 4702
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i must have posted it on another thread, but a few nights ago, as soon as i woke up, i 'saw' a profile of a red haired woman in profile. very delicate features, fair, wavy or curly hair pulled back in ponytail. she was crying.

TheLabRat

Post Number: 840
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 5:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, I remember you posting about that, and someone speculating that it may have been Lily, mother to Leilani!

Strange.....but in my dream, this woman was not crying, but as I think back on it, she WAS subdued, like she was "doing the best she could to "act" cheerful, but it was evident that she was sad or depressed.

I don't know.....it may not mean anything, about what either of us "saw".

But it was, for me, important, because it "got through" the block I seemed to have had to remembering dreams.

Lots of emotions....and stuff....floating around......

I cannot, at the moment, anyway, remember what I dreamed last night.....but I know that I did. I got awoken by one of my cats today, wanting to be fed. I jumped out out of bet to feed him/them, and by the time I thought to try to remember my dreams, they were slipping away.

Maybe I will be able to remember later.....

Berghaus
Advanced Member

Post Number: 263
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Try just asking your spirit guides to help you remember Labby.

They have a brilliant knack of doing the right thing to aid recall.

Pray to them, ask silently in your own mind. However you ask, they will do their best to help, fair play to them.

TheLabRat

Post Number: 845
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Berghaus! It's interesting....I posted on another thread, that I had gotten a split-second flash of the dream, while posting about "memory" issues.

I just got another one a few minutes ago, while, of all things, installing a new shower head????....same, split-second flash, then gone.

It's trying to come through, though, and I have been asking spirit for help to remember.....

Etoile
Advanced Member
Username: etoile

Post Number: 277
Posted on Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 9:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Star,
Thanks so much for posting the info on the "wheel". I printed it and will enjoy reading it later...

starspirit

Post Number: 1722
Posted on Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cool Etoile, saw alot of your dream images in there

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 2:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I haven't been reading this thread for a while. Thomas, I was surprised to see you write about you resistance to the "thoughts are things" concept. All concepts originally take form in the levels of finer vibrations before they can be "built" here.

Thomas

Post Number: 5806
Posted on Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 2:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I understand that cognitively, Southern; you're right. Unfortunately there is a great difference between accepting an insight on an intellectual level, and fully accepting it into ones whole being. Currently, I'm working towards the latter.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 1760
Posted on Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I agree Thomas. No matter how many experiences that I've had where I have witnessed this law in operation, my human mind finds a way to deny or find an excuse for, the experience.

Damon

Post Number: 90
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello Group

New dream to share......

First thing that I recall was being under some sort of structure. It was low to the ground and I felt like I was under a porch. Iím hiding from someone or something, itís the dead of the night and there are lights moving around everywhere out there, searching. Iím pressing myself up against a wall in an attempt to better conceal myself. There is a darkness for a bit, a void, I must have fallen asleep. The darkness dissolves away, Iím awake now and it is light outside. I hear voices and feel a presence around me. I take a look around to survey my situation. There are two openings for me to take, one behind, one in front. Out beyond the openings I see green grass and bushes. The bushes are along a very high stone wall. The stone is rust in color, brick shaped and there are no mortar joints, the masonry is flawless. The top of the wall steps up and down as it goes off in the distance.

I hear a crackle behind me, electrical in nature, itís very close. I turn to see a man near the back opening. His skin is an ash gray, scraggily white hair, deep set eyes with dark circles around them. He is dressed in rags and physically very frail looking. He has in his hand a staff, this is the source of the electrical discharge. At the top of the staff there is a glowing white crystal, a blue energy swirls around it and there seems to be some sort of cage containing it. He sees me now, I turn to exit out the front but stop in my tracks. There is another person blocking my retreat. This one is very tall, about eight feet in height, big boned and muscular. He has dark shoulder length hair, stubble on his face, fair skin and is wearing loose fitting clothes. He is also holding some sort of staff at his side, itís gray and metallic looking, different from the one the old man is wielding. My eyes scan back and forth between the two of them. Which way do I go? The person in front yells ďget him out of thereĒ to the old man. I turn to face him as he is adjusting something around the crystal. As he finishes his adjustments the energy around the crystal starts to swirl faster. He raises the staff above his head and strikes the ground in front of him. Energy crackles and is released in a clap. I feel a wave hit me and the hair on my body stands on end. Something tells me I do not want any part of that staff. I turn to the front opening and the other one is now standing in a defensive stance with his staff out in front of him. The staff seems to be vibrating as it is hard to focus on the tip. Thatís when I notice over his shoulder a portion of the wall that seems lower than the rest. I think I can jump that high but I have to get around him first. I charge from the opening right at him, he draws the staff over his head to strike me but Iím to fast. I reach him and catch his hand before he can come down. He just stands there, starring at me, my free hand strikes him in the shoulder joint and he releases the staff. I strike him a few times and he falls to the ground. I toss the staff to the side and run for the wall. As Iím running away I hear the men shouting behind me. Their shouts are answered somewhere up in front of me, more have joined the chase. I see movement out of the corner of my eye. Iím at the wall now and I leap, just catching the top with my hand. I pull myself up and do a quick flip over the wall.

What I see before me now is truly aye inspiring. Iím standing on an enormous walkway that is the top of the wall. It now reminds me of the Great Wall of China because the walkway extends off into the horizon in both directions. Directly in front of me is a huge courtyard seamlessly connected to the walkway. There are three buildings spaced evenly around the courtyard all equally impressive in size and beauty. Three cathedrals all connected at their base, all with a very tall tower at the center, all made of the same rust colored stone. I get the impression this is a place of great knowledge. I hear hurried footsteps coming from my left. My friends have emerged from a hidden stairwell and are rushing towards me. I turn to my left and run down the walkway, away from them. Iím picking up a lot of speed now and hear nothing behind me. My focus is drawn out in front of me, the wall is coming to an end. I leap over and land on another walkway, shorter, but of the same material. This section is not maintained like the rest as it is falling apart. I reach the end of this section and leap again. This time I land on the ground, the soil is sandy and also kind of reddish in color. There are small shrubs growing up from the soil. I start to run again and the shrubs begin to increase in height. I must jump up to see where Iím going. My jumps increase in height as the trees do and I can sense Iím about to take flight, one more jump.

Iím up in the air now looking down at the forest below me as I pass over. The trees are very tall with stilt like root systems. There are breaks in the tree tops here and there exposing small lakes. Iím picking up speed again, the trees terminate at a coastline, red sand beaches. The water below me is an aqua blue and fairly calm. Iím really starting to move at a great speed now. I look back and watch the shoreline dissolve away. Turning my attention back in front of me I see a tower rising up from the water. It is very different from the other structures. The material seems to be metallic, hues of blue, green, and purple dance across the surface. As I pass over it I get a sense of its size, hundreds of feet tall. I look ahead and see another one, similar, but slightly different in color. I am going really fast now and the towers are passing by like fence posts. All in a straight line heading somewhere off in the distance. They stop and I reach the opposite shore or maybe just an island. The landmass is littered with waterways, like fingers extending out into the water, small dwellings all around the shoreline. Iím moving to fast and canít get a good look at them. My sight goes blurry and the darkness returns. I hear a voice, Damon wake up, you can wake up now, we are here. I open my eyes and look at the clock, its 5:59 am, much later than most of my journeys. I usually have these around the 4 oíclock timeframe. There is a strobe like effect going on in my head and a tingling. This is a common side effect when I have dreams like this.

Skafandr
Advanced Member
Username: skafandr

Post Number: 416
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's a very fascinating dream, Damon. Sounds like a journey to a far-off world.

I dreamed of holding a newborn child whose father was myself apparently, with the mother, and presumably my wife, standing beside me. I woke up and my first question was "who's the mother??" but no matter how hard I tried to remember, I could not.

bean
Advanced Member
Username: tina

Post Number: 214
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 6:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon....a very interesting dream life!!! I wonder who it is that wakes you up.

Skafandr....I drempt once that a little girl was knocking on the door of our nursery...I could see light coming from under the door. When I opened the door the little one said.."Can I come in and stay with you?" Of course I said YES!......I was pg soon after that. I wonder if you had a dream of the future??

Skafandr
Advanced Member
Username: skafandr

Post Number: 420
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 7:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

UHH well I hope not near future...I was my current age in the dream. It was disconcerting...

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 627
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 4:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"The landmass is littered with waterways like fingers extending out into the water, small dwelling all along the shoreline."

Damon, This sounds like an ariel view of where I live.
Like a bolt out of the blue,
Fate steps in and sees you through.....

Damon

Post Number: 91
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 8:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

New Orleans....you have a good Gumbo recipe?....I just tried some the other day and loved it.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 9:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon .. I was watching some utube videos of Iraq yesterday ..one showed soldiers chasing, catching and beating youths ( with what looked like long thin white battons ) near a long smooth wall( not bricks) which was lengthy but had a few openings and beyond which were pathways leading towards roads.. very similar scene to what you described. Another video was a clip taken from the back of a military vehicle patrolling thru an area covered in extremely tall palm trees and dips in the surrounding sandy looking landscape some minor buildings etc.

All in all the dream you posted reminds me of a composite of the clips I watched .. weird huh. ?

(Message edited by brown on December 11, 2006)

Mama Shine

Post Number: 650
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, Katrina destroyed all my cook books along with everything else we owned. Sooo I'm slowly in the process of building back and replacing stuff. But if you go to area 52 and scroll down to recipes--go to Nov. 15 and I posted a recipe for sausage jambalaya (clipped it from the Times Picayune. BTW, I lived in www.edenisles.com and it might show that ariel view.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 651
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Meant to say I live in Eden Isles.
Although there have been times in the past year I considered leaving.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 2835
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 6:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a cool dream last night..I'm in the
beginning stages of projecting a white
light around me before I go to sleep..
I can do it for others it's more difficult
for myself as my mind wanders..
Anyway in my dream I was floating and these
rings of light (like hula-hoops) were
travelling up and down my body..I now have
my imagery :-)
Qua da di