Archive through November 11, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through November 11, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 703
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

she had on a hard hat.??

...maybe it's hard work being a guide.

-----------------------
It's said that both Freud and Jung thought we are always dreaming.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 3820
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ha!

Hale
Advanced Member
Username: hale

Post Number: 401
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 9:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Couple of nights ago I had a dream that I was in the search for a teacher. I wound up at this guy's house. Older fellow, rough looking. Hair a mess, unshaven. But he had something. He said for what I was seeking, I couldn't go looking for JUST anybody.

He wrote his name down on a slip of paper and told me to go find this guy, someone whom I have never met. "Now you show him my name, and he will know I sent you, and I am sure he will take you on." I read the paper and the name was the wildest looking name I think I have seen. It all started with a "Z" as I recall, but I could not remember it because it was just so unusual.

The next thing I know, I am standing near a wooded area - mountainous - in a clearing near a fence. This guy who looks eastern Indian perhaps is walking towards me. I smile and tell him that I was sent by the person who wrote his name on the paper. He looks at the paper, and then at me, and runs his fingers through his thinning hair as the says that "I have too many students right now." Then as we walked toward a gate he said "I'm going to thave to start charging more for this!" I had a little laugh because, well, this was dream world stuff, and there was no money involved.

Somehow I got the idea this guy was important, but not sure what kind of teacher he was.

Lately, dreams have seemed to change a little in content and quality. There are layers to them in ways I haven't had in a while. Layers I don't recall until much later. Sometimes hard to pick up. I feel almost like I am having 5 dreams at the same time and my brain is trying to make sense of them all. Or perhaps that they are somehow compressed, or something that makes them hard to get at initially. They will often come flooding back later in the day, or sometimes even a week later. I am dreaming about people I am certain I know somehow, but never met before. I also have certain feelings associated with these people, and for the life of me I can't fill in the back story on these folks. It is like I am constantly grasping for some clue or sense of context in which to place these folks in. One was a family who I knew I knew intimately, especially this one geeky girl slightly younger than me. It was as if she was geeky in the physical, but she was a dream world pro. I dunno. Not much to go on really. I guess perhaps I need to work on dream recall with these, it just seems like I have dreamed some of them at deeper levels.....or maybe just very deep sleep somehow, in a state I am not usually used to retrieving, maybe? Maybe just a cop out. It feels like more than ever, dream recall has become a priority....like it is real important now.

Recently the content seems to have clustered around issues related to after this dividing of the Way, or shift. Something about our ability to travel being enhanced, and it seems that people can just stand there and move themselves. Perhaps bending space, who knows, but there was something important about the direction they would face, somehow that was the first part of it. And amidst all this I had a dream about mediums (well, actually, I think the trance personalities), and saw all manner of beings coming and going all night, back and forth between waking and dream, physical and non. I even saw a representation of Seth. Just incredibly, incredibly busy......movement all night long. Nonstop. Like a depot or train station with trains every five minutes.

Now, my brain seems to have shut down a little, and recall is not the greatest. In some ways, I am grateful. Gotta work on some suggestions prior to sleep to improve recall.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 4:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

..1st two threads I went into this
morning spoke about dancing..
Johns Swingtown and starspirits dance
of the universe...

So I'll put Monday nights dream in here..
The part I remember was of me dancing
around in a freedom type of dance..head
back looking upward and my long dress
flowing around me..(unusual since I mainly
wear blue jeans lol..it's a dream after all)
there was a person in that dream that I
had not seen in a long time..they were about
3 years old in the dream and I was happy to
see them..
Yesterday through serendipity I got info
about a situation that had become a bit of
a roadblock for me.
Today I feel Free and in forward motion :-)

(Message edited by buddie on October 25, 2006)
Qua da di

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 8:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting reading here
my dreams are like me..mostly mundane.

Dream critters..
I thought the creatures resembled guinea pigs but not specific enough to say oh thats what they are.
However the cuteness label quickly changed to little horrors when I noticed the cannibalistic trait as one of these i.e. its attempts to devour whole another of its kind ..like wtf!!!
Then there was someone trying to calm me down
by showing me two identical gold colored furry critters same species but larger and suggesting these ones did not eat anything at all..no food requirements at all.
I'm hearing this info but simultaneously thinking oh yeah sure!

Anyhow I thought I'd share that dream because it was structured from day residue..
I really do need to monitor what I read on the net ..lol.

buddie

Post Number: 2125
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 8:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

brown..happy you said where that
dream stemmed from..yet it does sound
a bit creepy and symbolic like
I forgot to add in mine I can't ever
recall a dream about dancing before
and it fit right into my reality..
a weird world
Qua da di

Mama Shine
Intermediate Member
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 173
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

I really feel Seth could be trying to get through to you. Why don't you just call him to you before you go to sleep. Just be relaxed and cool like when Jane, Rob and Seth had the little group sessions..maybe Seth would "speak' to you.
Like a bolt out of the blue,
Fate steps in and sees you through.....

Hale
Advanced Member

Post Number: 410
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I heard that. I'll say Mama Shine put me up to it!

Hale
Advanced Member

Post Number: 413
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 1:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I can't say nothing happened, but I can't say I know exactly what happened either.

One interesting thing had to do with this idea that the dream state is like a place, and perhaps some part of us is there dreaming along even as part of us is awake. I dunno. Just a thought. But I have been getting these weird little.....dreams that happen before I am deep into it. Normally, I fall like a rock into dreaming (deep sleeper), but lately, it seems that I begin to dream before completely falling asleep.

So last night, before going to sleep, I had something interesting happen, a goofy thing I do every now and again to test the universe. Not long ago I did this thing and it yielded an interesting result, so I did it again; I took a book and I shuffled through it very quickly, holding the book closed but zipping through the pages with my thumb. I stopped at an arbitrary point. This book was The Seth Material. I wanted to keep away from reading Seth before going to bed, but was interested in what this little dose of majik might yield. Here is the page I came to:

"Now, as to my availability at your sessions, you are able, within the conditions we have set, and with my assistance, to call upon the elements of my personality with which you are acquainted. Sort of a visualized fouth-dimensional letter or communication, in which, if you'll forgive the term, the medium is the message."

Then one paragraph later...

"a certain portion of my reality is, therefore, available to you during appointed hours, and the bridgework is always available. Using it Ruburt [Jane] can call upon at other occassions. Using it, I may call upon you. This does not necessarily mean that such a call upon you will always be met by an affirmative answer on either of our parts, or that contact will be made."
(from session 458, January 20, 1969)

So I thought it was funny that I managed to get to that page. I closed the book and thought about that for a minute. Obviously Seth was talking about the connection he had with Jane and Robert.

I went to sleep. Here is where I got this funky little snippet I mentioned about earlier. As I began to drift, I picked up a dream I had been dreaming a few moments before, while I was awake (this was the context of the dream). I had the peculiar sense that I had exited onto the wrong "entrance" ramp and was going in the "wrong" direction for a moment, saw the lay of the land for a moment, woke up and withdrew from the dream some in order to think about what it was I had just saw. I had a whole sequence of a dream that was pulled in in a matter of moments. It was akin to pulling in a fish; I didn't know fully what I had until I reviewed it in my mind. Something about the backward nature of it made it hard somehow to examine it while dreaming. It was as though when you fall asleep, you are moving forward in sleep through a dream in a given sequence. In this instance, it was like grabbing something that had already happened......like a story that had already been written and you are jumping into in in mid stream, then you pull some of the thread out of the dream into waking to have a good look. It was not an odd sensation but an unexpected one. I then settled in and tried to fall asleep.

The only thing I dreamed about that I can remember was seeing a post on this board, and it seemed it was my post. It was perhaps five paragraphs long, but for some reason I could not sit and read the words. I felt too far away from the words somehow. It was like seeing the forest, not the trees.

I sometimes wonder if we don't enter into dream states that use parts of the brain we are not used to using, or if it involves states that are foreign from our standard dream states, or something like that. I wonder if when we have trouble remembering some dreams if it is attributable in part to this. Like I know.

buddie

Post Number: 2129
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 1:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale I'm sorry..do you mean you entered
into a "daydream sequence" you had earlier
after you fell asleep..I understand how
tricky it is to put these "things" into
words ..
Qua da di

Hale
Advanced Member

Post Number: 414
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 2:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I entered dream, but it was not full on, deep sleep. Like a stone skipping on the water, I guess, which is different for me.

Mama Shine
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale'

This all makes a lot of sense to me. Yesterday I had the expresssion "the medium is the message " in my mind all day. I kept thinking about what exactly does that mean--I wanted to dig deeper into the message.

Now, about what you did with the book--thats good--I used to pull that litt le number using an old dictionary I had (that old book and i had a thang going on). It yeilded all kinds of tidbits. Katrina flooded it and someone gave me a new one but I haven't gotten it to work with me yet. I seem to recall Jane would do the pendulum thing to ask questions of the sub-conscious mind. The books that didn't get flooded are in the attic---what I really hated to loose was the volumes of notes I had Thank goodnes I did keep the faded mildewed letters from Rob (Joseph)

You have probably tapped into Seth--just relax and be cool with it. Dreaming was my thing before the storm--I told Dubie in an e-mail all my dream journals are saved in a cardboard box guarded by the "mildew dragon" I want to seeif I can salvage anything but the construction work inside and the stress of all we've lost just gets the best of me.

I feel the connection and I want to be a part of it but Hale, you are stronger than I am now.

Keep dreaming. pardon typos

Janey
Username: janeye_trans

Post Number: 45
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 3:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Hale :-)

I do that to with the flipping through a book thing . I did a flip through the dictionary I use Seth books sometimes to and after reading your message I got the word "remember" .

I like the idea of continuity not sure if I have that word right but I'm sure you get my drift between the waking state and the dream state .
Sometimes I like to rest my mind in both at the same time or see it as a sphere instead of a two sided coin .

I'm not sure of the interpretation of your dream I think only you would truly know the meaning of it . Though I could easily apply it to my self :-)

I did one time while awake have a dream while I sat at my computer reading . Suddenly I was in the future but didn't realize it until after I came back . Forgot about it and than it happened exactly ! Than I remembered the past which was at the same time right than, confusing . The specifics were so overwhelming that I couldn't deny what it had been . Freaky . :-) I also that night woke up though I hadn't remembered going to sleep yet , woke up somewhere else in my house than I had left off with a vague memory of being completely in another place with other people . Thankfully that has never happened again :-)

Janey
Username: janeye_trans

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 4:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"It was like seeing the forest, not the trees. "

Would this be the periferal view you were mentioning before ?

buddie

Post Number: 2130
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 5:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes :-) ..like a stone skipping on water..
very good..I think I'v been to a simular
place and I usually pick up on something??
Qua da di

Hale
Advanced Member

Post Number: 416
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 12:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Janey, it was very much like the peripheral stuff. Except, I was looking straight at it! I could not read it. That tells me volumes. Also, I don't seem to be the best sleep reader .....although I have tried to do some experiments in dreams and projections (like leave a book open to a given page......but a page you do not look at so you don't know the exact page). There are ways to do this....like hold the book behind a pillow and then set it on a shelf without looking and then see if you can go to it and focus on the page. I have seen numbers go all over the place. But if you ask to see the right one as it is in the book on the shelf (or wherever) the numbers seem to slow down and settle on a page. So I am working on that focus thing. Does not strike me as critical, but might come in handy someday. But the new stuff kind of has me wondering and a little sidelined with other things.

Well, if you were picking up on my dream issues, the "remember" thing is certainly appropriate at least for me. It IS all about remembering right now. It has been tricky lately.

Janey, now that dream of yours was wild! Was it a little like a false awakening where you thought you were awake, then you really DID wake up? Those have happened only on a few instances. Younger. Back in the day. But your image of a sphere moving in and out of waking and dreaming. I can relate, as it SEEMS that this is part of what is going on lately. It kind of feels like my mind is less worried about what is sleep and waking. They are almost merging more......or I hop in and out of them quicker or something. Like I really know. And this freaked you out? What exactly made you weirded out over it? I'm curious because there are some elements to dreams that I react to on a visceral level and don't always have a good way to explain it.

It'll all take time. Sometimes this stuff takes months, even years to tease out.

Mama Shine, well, you know, it is all stuff, isn't it? I know that is easy for me to say not having gone through what you went through down there in Nahlin's, but great things await us, I do believe that. Sounds like you have to get to know your new dictionary! It knows you had a "thing" with another. Sometimes I guess it comes down to trust. Can that new dictionary really trust that you will zip through its pages with the same sense of discovery as you did wit the the one before? Of course the new dictionary wants to know how it measures up: does it have enough pages, is the cover as nice, and is the printing just as good as the other? (Some dictionaries have very tender ego's)

I'm sorry. I am on a tear. So brush my teeth and off to bed with me.

Always good to read buddie's haiku, though.
As I look back over the last few months, buddie, I can't help but feel this is part of some process. I have been trying to keep a journal because the stuff has been all over the place but connected. I am so close to the picture I don't always see the connectives.

Oh, and Janey......I was sitting in front of my computer last week, maybe even early this week, and was tired. I started to drift a little. Before I knew it, I was straddling two states. I was aware of my dream self and me now, trying to stay awake. Now the interesting thing to me was that it felt like there was another "me" looking in. I could feel this sense of....very slight sadness and loss. I felt like I was looking at my computer and thinking how I longed to have a few of those toys again. Not a bad feeling, just a slight twinge. I could not help but feel that this self was from this life, but in the future (when I guess I wont have a computer----or maybe even the internet). Now while it felt like a spontaneous dream sequence riding along with my waking state, it did feel like there was something to it. When I was in my early 20's I had an imaginary "letter" that I wrote from myself when I would be 45 years old. I wonder now if that imagining could have had something to it. I guess I'll have a few more years before that one gets to be tested.

Okay. I'll shuddup and go brush my teeth.

buddie

Post Number: 2134
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 5:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale the last part of your post you
mentioned straddling two states..
I go through this sometimes at work..
I'll explain :-)..I do a lot of data
enter, if I'm sleepy and the piece of
work is mundane I "slip" out .
It always happens the same way.
I'm at the computer but I slip out and
above myself.I turn completely sideways
and at that point I slam back down and merge..jump starting myself out of the
trance or whatever it is?
I've mentioned it before in here and was
told I'm hypnotizing myself..
I'm always afraid I'm going to Zoom of
somewhere while I'm at work :-)

I'm curious Re: your comment about my
Haiku writing..the only journal I keep
is in the Ufo Personal Thread about my
experiences?
Qua da di

Kabbalah
Username: lemuria

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 6:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

IMO you could 'zoom' off and run your body at the same time, maybe not a good idea to do this at work though, not until you have had practice, lol.

Hale
Advanced Member

Post Number: 418
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, buddie, from MY experience I have found that you CAN be aware of being in multiple places AT ONCE. If you have this faculty (we all do and likely is involved in how much energy you bring through to fuel all those different You's or points of perspective) then it is perfectly reasonable to do something like data entry AND be out of your body.

I personally know of three people who have been engaged in similar activities as you have described. My stepfather used to be aware of being in two places. He would be aware that a part of him was floating up in a corner of a room while he engaged people in polite conversation. I knew a guy in high school who claimed that he was "out" while he was driving down the road. I did not believe him at the time because my "concept" of being "out" involved full focus, as if your whole being entire was sucked out and you only had awareness at one point in time and space at any given time. I have since changed this view as I have experienced being in more than one place at a time, and in more times than just this one. :-)
I have also met another who swears he was driving down the road while also being projected. Some of my best meditation was when I was on long drives. Something about stimulating the right brain and driving as being more of a passive activity than we might realize or admit. One of my greatest insights came while I had been driving all day.

We can be poorly informed (spiritually) by our physical limits. Those limits do not apply in nonphysical states. I advocate following your experience and paying heed to that. Not an expert, not a guru, not anyone. if they say it can't be done, then of course for me, it HAS to be done.

Not everyone has the same mobility of consciousness as you may have. Trying to measure you by someone else's measuring stick is hardly a measure of you. But you knew that.

Well, it is more about how your writing feels a little like haiku. Short stanzas, to the point, succinct, not overly verbose (like me). I think I do this because I am a very visual person (and in all truth not that great at the verbal part---if you can believe that). I learn and remember visualy. So when I think haiku, it gives me a "picture" of sorts of the person that is buddie. Perhaps it is a peculiar affectation, but it is something I find myself doing in many situations.

Mama Shine
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 189
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello Hale,

If you like Haiku I posted 6 little refreshing Haiku poems my brother wrote recently. He is a painter-poet. His friend suggested he try Haiku and I think he is a natural.

Go to the Rabbit hole on art (philosophy I think) I posted it Oct. 25 at 3;51 PM .

Mama Shine
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 190
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 9:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The Rabbit hoe in art is under the spiritual life.

buddie

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Friday Haiku..

Take one step
one step at a time
The Higher you get
the harder the climb

Kabbalah & Hale Thank you..
I don't want to go Zooooming..
Hale you mentioned the exact things..
Example Long drives..you do split..
You are on Remote..and you do go off :-)
This is very helpfull..
Thanks
Qua da di

Kabbalah

Post Number: 31
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 7:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"IKabbalah & Hale Thank you..
I don't want to go Zooooming.."

IMO that is a shame. Many folk study and meditate for years to get where you are now.

You sound near to enlightenment to me!

Cosmic Seeker
Username: mikelmn

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 8:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Constantly reconstructing our physical bodies is a learnt skill that we always take for granted.
Is our physical body just a convenient chimera we bring into being by sheer will. Then we lose the capacity to move away from it because all our energy is put into its creation?

buddie

Post Number: 2160
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 1:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kabbalah - Cosmic,
I mostly don't understand scripture
I am full of Fear and am probably
one of the least people to be near
enlightenment that you have ever met
I appreciate the sentiment..
I feel totally Inferior to people such
as yourselves.You can make sense out
of Enlightenment!!
I loose my capacity to move away from
my body when I'm not in that "Netherland"
place because of Fear..so I'm not Aware either!!

Except to say I know my Flesh and blood
body is just a shell..but a good and
functional shell so perhaps thats the
reason I'm reluctant to go off..
Oh ya..it's happening also when I'm at
work reading something..
got to SHAKE my head to stop it..
maybe I have a brain tumor.. joke
Qua da di

Kabbalah

Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 3:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"I loose my capacity to move away from
my body when I'm not in that "Netherland"
place because of Fear..so I'm not Aware either!!"

You do not need to move away, just stay close, within your present comfort zone.

Except to say I know my Flesh and blood
body is just a shell..but a good and
functional shell so perhaps thats the
reason I'm reluctant to go off..

A 'shell is a good word for a body, maybe 'empty' would be an appropriate word to place before it?

Lyn

Kabbalah

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 3:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Taken from my dream journal. The dreams came in a series over different nights.

I am in my bedroom at home, wandering between two mirrors, peering in and not locating any reflection. I thought I was awake so could not understand why I could not see myself in the mirror.

Was in a house, looked in a mirror and said,"I can see the reflection of children playing out" Someone replied “there is no reflection there, you must be out of body”

I am now in the same place as the children who are being chased by little lights that put me in mind of bees. A blanket or coat appears in my hand and I throw it over myself and the children. "If we do not move we will be safe". The young children are safe. A lone child is running up the path, I try to shout a warning to stop and stay still, but am told it is beyond me to help this child.

I know who I am!

Had an afternoon nap where I was talking to myself, was trying to figure out how I could be awake when my body was asleep. I could hear the dog whining outside the door and other household noises. I gave two long chuckles as I realised the truth and then woke up seemingly in a body.

Every life and experience is different and it is your take on events and what you learn from them that counts.

buddie

Post Number: 2170
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 4:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Also see me as "Alone" but never lonely..:-)
Qua da di

buddie

Post Number: 2172
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 5:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now..Do I sound like I'm Enlightened?
I want to Hold someones Hand
Qua da di

Kabbalah

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 3:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, I suggested you had the pointers there to become enlightened, as do many others on UC. (IMO)

You are not alone!

Hale
Advanced Member

Post Number: 427
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have been sick with a stomach virus, it seems, and everything on the dream front has come to a screetching halt.

Mama Shine, are those haiku pieces.....where are they at? I went looking but found perhaps only one. I like haiku. The good ones require you to slow down and savor each word like a finely steeped tea or something.

.....So says the Earl of Grey (double joke!)

Buddie, I thought I posted this days ago, but I guess I hit the wrong button.....but I do believe you are the enlightenment that you seek. Maybe that sounds dumb, but I do think it is probably right (like Jesus saying the "kingdom" is within you.....you just have to learn to see it, taste it, hear it, whatever). I think for Buddha, enlightenment was not a "going" toward something, but a reaching from within, a state already possible, apparent but only "visible" from certain states. just thinking out loud. Not like I ever studied the Buddha stuff too much, so I could just be a big bag of gas. But if memory serves, Buddha waited for it, or perhaps better; surrendered to it.

Mama Shine
Advanced Member

Post Number: 206
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 3:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,

I wondered where you were, hope you're feeling better. To get to my brother's Haiku:

Go to The Spiritul Life Look for The Rabbit Hole in Art. Scrolldown to Wed. Oct. 25th at 3:21 PM.
I think I typed 6 that I liked. Healing energy to you.

buddie

Post Number: 2188
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 6:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Surrendering is what it is..
I almost have and probably will..
I thank Kabbalah and Yourself for
your comforting words they mean a lot :-)

Qua da di

Kabbalah

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 3:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I would look on it as gaining freedom.

buddie

Post Number: 2191
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 6:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My dream last night was I was going on
a vacation..then I realized it was Rent
week and I didn't have the money to take
this trip but I went anyway..I opened
my suitcase and found nothing except my
tooth brush ..everything else looked
like books and thingies??
Then I remembered my suitcase had 2
sides and all my cloths were packed
on the "otherside" of my suitcase..
Weird eh !!
Question..I do know it's freedom from
what I have read..heres what happened
to me the only time I was ever able to
remain conscious and toyed with the idea
of letting go..(surrendering)
I became so completely SAD that I
abandoned the idea..a sadness came over
me like you would feel if you lost someone
very dear to you..I ached in my heart..I'm
crying as I write this because it can
well up inside me even now..I wonder
Why that happened and is there something
to it ???
Qua da di

Kabbalah

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

An appropriate dream with more meaning than you may realise.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1131
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 5:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tears can be a release like the rain upon the soil.
And in feeling we become more deeply compassionate beings.
Hope you're feeling better buddy.. huh ?
hugs from brownzie.

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello Group,

As with most of my dreams of this nature it begins abruptly out of another meaningless dream.

Im standing in a small clearing in a wooded area, there is a craft in front of me. I recognize this craft, it is the same one from an earlier dream, with the heads up display (I will include that dream at the end for those interested). I move forward and pass through the walls entering the craft. My younger brother is there with two beings, they are all facing towards me as I enter, like they were expecting me. The easiest way to describe the beings would be Grays. I say this loosely because I never really could remember what they looked like. I saw them clearly a number of times during the dream but their memory would quickly fade. All I can recall was short, big heads, and thin extremities. The odd thing about them was their demeanor, they seemed almost nervous, quick movements. My brother was clearly the one in charge which at the time did not seem odd at all. I am standing there looking back and forth between the three of them waiting for something to happen and thinking to myself what now? They must have heard my thoughts because they began to move around the craft. I did not follow them with my eyes, I couldnt, my gaze was fixed on my brother in front of me. He motioned his hand in a direction behind me, as if he wanted to lead me somewhere. We walked a bit and came upon two chairs, metallic looking, fixed to the floor, thick armrests with pads at the ends. I recognized these as well from the last dream and asked if I could sit in one. A thought enters my head of yes and I take a seat. Through all this the other two beings always seem to be in my peripheral vision, just watching. I am now seated in the chair looking at the wall in front of me about a dozen feet away. The moment my hands come to rest on the pads a screen appears in front of me, in thin air, a hologram I guess. My left hand becomes warm and then an image appears on the screen. It looks like a microscopic view of some tissue. Areas within the tissue are being highlighted by red circles and are being connected by thin red lines. I ask what it is Im seeing and my brother responds you have a genetic marker that gives you the ability to learn from us. The images on the screen begin to change very rapidly. I see a very early humanoid figure and various types of other creatures. Nothing is said but I got the impression that they manipulated them somehow. I ask when I can begin learning and my brother replies not till Monday, some preparation needs to be made first. This struck as kind of odd after the dream as well, I guess I was expecting something a little more profound than, how about Monday?

Here is the earlier dream.posted March 6th

Well I don't know what it is with all the dreams about spacecraft I've been having lately. Had another one the other night but could only recall a small portion of it.

I was in the woods someplace and standing in front of me where other people who I did not recognize. They were standing inside of some sort of craft. The craft seemed to phasing between solid and some sort of mist or it was distorting my vision, not really sure. I just know I couldnt stay focused on it for some reason. My attention was drawn towards a man who was trying to get the craft to work. I realized it was him that was making the craft go from solid to translucent state, he seemed frustrated. I approached him and asked what was the matter and he said we need a pilot, can you try I stepped into the craft and it immediately turned solid. I took a seat in a chair and just sat there for a bit, nothing was happening. I started looking around the interior of the craft and there was a device that caught my attention. I thought to myself a wonder what that does and suddenly a holographic projection was up in front of my face. There were symbols of some sort, all the same, a neon orange color. If I focused on a particular group of symbols a sub menu would appear below it. I could see through the projection fine, every where I looked within the craft a different display would pop up as fast as my eyes could move, showing information on that piece of equipment. I guess the rush of information was too much for me and I awoke from my dream.

buddie

Post Number: 2282
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 5:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last nights dream is haunting me..
I called the salesman who it was about
today and he verified much of the dream..
I was at his funeral(didn't tell him that)
and his wife and kids were there..his wife
was really happy and I could not figure that
out.So for some reason I go back in time to
find him and tell him something..
he was about 17 years old and and was with
another guy when I found him..I've only
known this guy in the past 4 years..
I was in this open place like an out door
concert was going to happen and people were
passing by me..I could no longer remember
what I wanted to tell him..these two guys
walked past me and even though he was young
I recognized him..we both stared at each other
and I was surprised he knew me because we
had not met yet..
The realization was that he then knew he was dead and he simply asked are Janet and the
girls ok.I said yes and he and his friend
walked away..
I phoned and told him what he was wearing and
how he looked and what the friend looked like.
He said he wore his hair that way and had a
hat just like it .Told me yes the cloths I
described he wore back then.He even knew
the friend I described..in the dream I knew
I couldn't tell him he was dead because it
would mess something up but he somehow knew.

I feel like I want to go back but I'm sure
I won't..it such an unusual dream
Qua da di

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 7:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very interesting buddie, doesn't it give you goose bumps when you dream of something and it is then verified to be accurate in some way.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 4178
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 5:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i dreamed mohammed ali died.

Nefertari
Username: nefertari

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 12:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had very visual dream , I could FEEL in this dream, I was in the water or ocean there were alot people we were drowning. I could see water spouts and tornadoes there were boats , we were trying to get on them, people screaming...I can still hear them...this was very visual and VERY disturbing to me. I could FEEL THE DREAM . I have feeling in my dreams...I wake up feeling!!!! HELP!

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 2432
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 5:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As promised elsewhere, my recent "Gray" dream:

"Higher Vibration Beats The Grays"
Thursday, November 9 2006

I have a false awakening. I am in my bedroom, which is bathed in a sort of eerie ambient illumination which I know cannot be from either the windows or my bedside lamp (I have had similar 'living' light in other nocturnal-themed dreams, which makes this a sort of dreamsign. Also, I am so near to normal consciousness in this dream that I must consider it pre-lucid).

On an intuitive level, I immediately become convinced that I am surrounded by at least a dozen Grays, although they are utterly invisible. I also sense that they have an intense desire to manifest fully so as to be able to get at me, almost like a hunger. This hunger feels threatening to me, and as I already have a deep-seated mistrust of these beings, it makes me both terrified and very angry.

My negative emotions swiftly transform into a sort of joyous battle-fever, as I come to realize that, counter to stories I've read of alien abduction, I remain in complete control of my body. A seemingly-"channeled" thought comes into my mind, letting me know the reason for this is that (perhaps due to all of the meditation I have been diligently doing) I have achieved a slightly-higher vibratory level than they. This is also why they are unable to manifest to me fully. I am further informed by another "channeled" thought that while the Grays cannot reach me, I most certainly *can* reach them!

At the very conclusion of this thought, I find a very large awl or ice-pick materialized in my left hand. With vengeful glee I use my "mind's eye" to determine where the individual Grays are positioned, and thrust and parry and stab at each in turn. In one case, I see myself gouging a Gray in its eye, and take the time to slowly work the point around in the wound, making it shred and ooze. I gradually begin to awaken with a great victorious and confident feeling about me. The final "channeled" thought lets me know that the Grays had only enough power to hold me in the dream-state, and that my battle has broken this grip and freed me to awaken!

When I reach a half-awake state I begin to hear one of those overly-sweet female telemarketer voices in my right ear. While she grates on my nerves with her now-forgotten sales pitch, at the same time I find the effect hypnotic, and it seems to be drawing me back to unconsciousness. Deciding that this is a ploy of the remaining Grays, I mentally shut down the voice and shake myself fully awake.

Once awake, my sense of victory becomes a bit hollow and I get angry at myself, because now that I am fully coherent and able to think logically I realize that this last event was a blown, golden opportunity to do what's called wake-induced lucid dreaming!
"To sit outside where gold leaves glide
Swirled azure eyes, autumn bits applied
Swift month's fled, but I am not bothered
October shall dwell in my heart forever"

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 2439
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This morning was a dream extravaganza! First I had an elaborate one involving family relationships, and now this fun one!

"Airborne Sports Museum/Robot Clown Takeover"
Thursday, November 9 2006

I am in what is supposed to be a sports museum, with at least 4 levels, each of these dedicated to a particular sport. I am on what I take to be the basketball floor, the uppermost. I'm unable to view the exhibit clearly, though, because I have a more urgent concern: instead of solid floors, the levels feature free-swinging walking platforms with yawning gaps between them going all the way down to the ground! These platforms are quite narrow and wobbly, and worse yet it is often necessary to jump from one to another to get where I want to go, in this case the firmly-anchored wide platform (with dining tables!) that rings the walls at each level. I also note that while the platforms swing about as if hanging from ropes, there is no visible means of support!

At one point I try to make a jump, misjudge the distance, and begin to fall to my doom. At the last moment I somehow catch on the edge of the further platform, which has seemed to move closer in order to allow me to do so [dreamsign].

Fed up with this "game of death", I decide to lie down, hang on for dear life, and wait for help. Just then, I turn to my right, and see a smiling former athlete (he looks a bit like Wilt Chamberlain; I'm not into basketball, but he's appeared on TV alot so I know his face). He tells me that it's easy to get around with the following method: holding tightly to the platform I'm on, I must reach out to the nearest one and pull it toward me. Then I must press the edges together, which somehow stabilizes the platforms enough to allow me to easily move over to the new one. Then I must let go of the old platform and repeat the process.

I begin to apply this method, noting that what had been more like pathways have now morphed [dreamsign] into a range of even smaller platforms, ranging in size from roughly 1-1/2 to 3 feet square, and cut and painted to resemble such things as sports equipment and, oddly, clown faces (this motif is reintroduced later). It's slow going, but eventually I do make my way to the level's perimeter, where I am able to stand and walk around freely once again.

I find an exit from the wall dining area which leads to a sort of food court. Since I have no desire whatever to repeat my deadly adventure with the platforms, I make it my mission to find stairs, escalators, or even elevators to the ground. I am so desperate that I even "trespass" into a diner that has not yet opened and is roped off, despite my fear of being arrested. Luckily nothing happens to me, but alas this diner doesn't have any elevators either.

There is a brief interlude in which I find myself outside near a parking area, and I see many prominently displayed signs for 'handicapped' parking spots and accessible entrances. I have to laugh myself silly, because this place is impossible to negotiate on foot, let alone in a wheelchair [dreamsign] !!!

I am now back in the wall dining area, and I sit down to wait for the others in my (apparent, but never clearly manifested) group to rejoin me. I look down at the floor, and notice that beneath the carpet there is a bit of tiled floor showing. From the corner of my eye, I see two workers dressed as clowns (see above) manipulating some levers or somesuch, then note that the floor is shifting somehow. I get the notion that they are unleashing some mechanized aspect of this museum as part of a secret plot.

My suspicions are confirmed as I get up to confront a miniature toy train, it's engine perhaps 2 or 3 feet high, rolling in from my left down a clear passage between the tables, and making a right angled turn to come toward me! It is accompanied by a group of marching miniature android clowns, also 2 feet high. The feeling I get from them is that, having grown weary of slavish service to the museum, they have organized a militia and are preparing to stage a takeover. At this point I begin to awaken...

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 751
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 5:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's said that trains (in dream) represent "an organization or group you are involved with".

But - since you saw the train and weren't riding on it - the train may represent some group that is showing you their nature (before inviting you to join it?)...
You didn't, and I wouldn't either. That can't be good, and I recommend keeping a low profile. Don't show your hand as there is no need to do that.
Tricksters.

jonas
Username: jonas

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 6:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have not dreamt of trains, but i have had alot of weird dreams. Last year on vacation with my family in Denmark i dreamt i was standing outside in a field when suddenly this mist came towards me. I laid down and this incredible force struck me to the point of almost crushing my body. The pain was immense. i suddenly was in something that looked like a hospital with this group of people. I remember following them down this corridor while trying to talk to some nurses but they gave me weird looks like they didnt understand me or was afraid of me. i left the group (or they left me actually) beginning to be a bit agitated because no one would answer me on where i was. I opened a door to another corridor which was dark and was totally surreal. A guy on a ladder looking upwards pretending doing something but didnt (?) A guy was sitting on the floor with a chair next to him. I got very angry throwing the chair around. The next thing i remember was being in a organic hall of some sort. Dim light coming out the walls that had a brownish colour. Then i woke up. If this was a test i probably failed....

The Mind is the MatriX of all matter

Mama Shine
Advanced Member

Post Number: 279
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 6:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe the clowns represent MC. Maybe the smaller clowns are MC victims rebelling.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 2453
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 8:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark, maybe it was another Gray overture, disguised this time? While I didn't feel directly threatened, I did sense a grim resolve on their part to engage in violence against their oppressors (the "Masters" of the museum) if need be, or anyone else who stood in their path (had the dream continued, I've no doubt I'd have quickly gotten out of that path!)

Mama, it was clear to me that all the clowns in the dream were created to serve the museum, and that the museum as constructed was flawed to a laughable extreme. Whatever the two factions represented, and whether or not their actions were justified, it's clear to me in retrospect that the clowns were right to feel as they did.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 2454
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 8:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A bit of sloppy writing on my part - when I said "workers dressed as clowns" I gave the false impression that they weren't androids. My bad!

I just remembered that for me elevators in dreams always represent escape from pursuers and/or awakening. Another parallel with yesterday's Gray dream I think! It wasn't obvious to me until now, because the 'escape' attempt preceded any conscious sense of active peril (contrasted with the purely passive peril of the platforms)!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 2465
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 4:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My dream-cornucopia runneth over still!:

"Kung-Fu 'Grasshopper' Saloon"
Saturday, November 11 2006

I am having a re-enactment of a dream 'vignette' I've been through before. I am in a setting loosely based on the old "Kung Fu" series, a saloon populated by a typical collection of somewhat-shallow people based on TV-Western stereotypes. There is also a tall, thin "coolie", who in appearance is more the grown-up version of "Grasshopper" than David Carradine could ever convincingly be. This coolie behaves in an exaggeratedly stupid fashion, among other things following me around with teapot and cups and making a funny "neeh" (like the Python knights?) sound, which I promptly imitate in ridicule.

When I realize that I've been in this "program" before, I remember that the "coolie" and the other characters are being simultaneously generated by some sort of "Ascended Master" as a test. I also remember that being friendly to the coolie is the key to ending the "show" and causing him to reveal himself. So, I drop the mockery and graciously accept the tea right away, which causes the coolie to smile and engage me in conversation.

I taste the tea, which turns out to be tulsi (which I've recently discovered in RL and fallen in love with). It's smooth, sweet taste 'awakens' some part of my spirit, as the coolie transforms into the Master, a wizened old Buddhist monk with long white hair and beard, a gentle smile and a glowing white aura all about his form. My recall ends as I sense he is ready to teach me a new lesson.

As I write this, I remember I'd had a very 'profitable' meditation session just before falling asleep, which among other things involved imagining myself in white light. Thus the monk's aura's appearance in this dream. I also recall a guided-visualization exercise by Brad Steiger, which involves accepting a cup of tea from a similar monk figure who represents wisdom!