Archive through October 25, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through October 25, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 6:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi SC, if you become aware of a future that involves me, can you please manipulate it so that it's always good and beautiful? thanks!

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 698
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 1:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Do not think your time was wasted - it wasn't - there isn't any.
Heh. hard to believe?
Separation is hard for us to grasp. Where would you start to separate? You can move - that's all - from one area to another and back again with new knowledge, but seperate? Never.
Put that in your growing list of Universals. There is no place apart from any others, no lines of demarcation, no boundaries, no barriers...if you would you can see this by watching your thoughts - like a river, they are, and who can fence that off...One experience always is what you have, from birth to death and all points in between.
Memory is a gift you give yourself from the place where you were, when you only imagined what this could be. What is this now, but a memory you will have someday, sooner or later. Time does not exist as a limitation. You have time to remind you of when to act, and when to rest. Gather and enjoy (Ecclesiastes). Give to others what you know - this is "priming the pump" ...that more comes, you will make room. Summon us anytime -
we will be there.

- spirit guide Ophiel

dirkwright

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 8:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Is that one of your guides Mark? while it is true that time is technically not wasted, what can be unfortunate is the loosing of an opportunity, of not jumping when the time was right, of having to go through another life to hopefully have that opportunity again. Since the outline of our lives is usually planned ahead of time, many opportunities are not really chance but planned, but sometimes our life situations are such that we are too afraid to take advantage of them when they do show up. What's important in my opinion is the healing of our own fear through loving it, embracing it, having compassion for it. Loving ourselves is, in my opinion, the greatest and highest thing we can do, it brings us the greatest advancement, and heals us of all of the sick things within us. Love yourself and your self will come running to you.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 1405
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 9:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Beautiful message, Mark.

Mark

Post Number: 701
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 6:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dirk says :
what can be unfortunate is the losing of an opportunity, of not jumping when the time was right, of having to go through another life to hopefully have that opportunity again.

...somebody's been putting you on.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1406
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Why do you say that, Mark?

Mark

Post Number: 704
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Because it's an indulgent theory that replaces knowing what you need with somebody else's unproven point of view (New Age) that
1) holds out the promise of someday (not today of course) having something that's unavailable now, and
2) causing anxiety and self-blame for not having or doing something about it NOW, while at the same time
3) Dishonoring our incarnation on this beautiful earth by implying that it's somehow inferior - a hateful place when really it's how you look at it that makes the experience of life what it is.

4) So gullible people go running after gurus and experts to appease their own discomfort while allowing them to cling to misconceptions which would disappear if "we" understood our favorite illusions (not our fault) and evaluate them on the basis of usefulness for this Earth-Walk we're on now.

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 4730
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I like what Whitley said in the Subscriber Chat yesterday:

quote:

I think we are all masters. It is not a matter of developing but of discovering… I met a zen master called DT Suzuki many years ago. I asked him if we need teachers. He said no. I asked him if he was a teacher. He said yes. I asked him if he would teach me Zen. He said, why?

"Question what's real. Question who's real."

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1409
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 1:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You have me curious, Mark. Can you describe what you, personally, believe about the nature of perceived reality, rather than saying the equivalent of neti, neti, about someone else's ideas?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 1:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What the heck are you talking about Mark? I never said any such thing! You're incredibly offensive in your remarks.

You wrote:
"1) holds out the promise of someday (not today of course) having something that's unavailable now,"
-I never said any such thing. New opportunities show up all the time, many times once only in this incarnation. It's up to the individual to recognise the value of taking it-

and
"2) causing anxiety and self-blame for not having or doing something about it NOW, while at the same time"
-I have no idea where you got this from. I never said anything about anxiety and self blame.-

"3) Dishonoring our incarnation on this beautiful earth by implying that it's somehow inferior - a hateful place when really it's how you look at it that makes the experience of life what it is."
-Once again, I never said anything like this. We are here to learn, to advance, to become more mature. The outline of our lives is planned before we are born. Various unseen guides help us fulfill our plan, but it is up to us to actually take action. They help create the opportunities for us to manifest our plan, but if we don't take advantage of their help, then we will have to come back again to try again. We design our lives to teach us specific things, to give us specific experiences. If our hardships are greater than expected, if we are damaged too greatly by them, then we may not be able to remember what we came here to do, or we may not be able to accomplish our goals. Of course, sometimes suffering hardship is the exact lesson we are trying to learn.-

"4) So gullible people go running after gurus and experts to appease their own discomfort while allowing them to cling to misconceptions which would disappear if "we" understood our favorite illusions (not our fault) and evaluate them on the basis of usefulness for this Earth-Walk we're on now."
-There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an honest teacher. I have no idea what you are talking about in this quote.-

dirkwright

Post Number: 1201
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 1:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Suzuki is wrong. If we were really masters, we would have no need to be here, to learn lessons, to advance, to learn to love ourselves. It is true however that we have forgotten many things, mostly on purpose so that we can explore and understand what is like to lead a limited life. We apparently have a need to feel strong emotions like loneliness, loss, anger, fear, etc. in order to enrich our understanding of God and love.

Mark

Post Number: 708
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 1:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Southern Cross asks

Can you describe what you, personally, believe about the nature of perceived reality

Maybe...which one?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1410
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 3:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cop out, Mark.

I find that's it's much easier to apply critical analysis to someone else's stated belief than it is to propound a detailed philosophical system that would be vulnerable to a similar attack.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1411
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 3:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pick a reality. Astral life on Mars, perhaps? The first ring of Saturn? Life in the lower world? Former planets we used to call home?

Mark

Post Number: 709
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 5:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

O.K.
This Earth isn't a school - it's a testing ground for what we learned by experience in other realms, let's say for now...Real learning - the kind that's initiated in non-physical location/states - takes place in the famous "Life Review" in after-death or near death experiences. These are typlified by the experiencer's total inability to rationalize or intellectualize what he/she perceives they're knowing up close and personal. There can be no denial then, because to deny during suuch dire conditions would be to deny his/her own existance which is impossible at any time. This may also be what is called Enlightenment, but I'm not saying it is. This end of doubt state is akin to ego-death, but the ego persists longer yet. It's said that self consciousness is a preface to God consciousness, but again, that's a later subject. We may also experience something like this high receptivity- state in deeper dreaming, but we only recall what we've seen (usually) the next morning, because our limited consciousness - the mind we use to get around during the day - has to be concerned with mundane things like survival, heh, but even so, there are moments in life and especially in the life of a person who isn't all self-absorbed or distracted by those things which are neither recall from Better Knowing or necessary for survival and the well - being of ourself and/or others doing this Earth-Walk.. Some of these useless shadows are

self pity
greed for what others have
hatred of the world-seen-as-prison
overvaluing material things
looking to someone else for what you can provide for yourself,
willful ignorance.
etc.
Free will is the problem and the solution.
And sometimes I get the idea that men and women indulge in these aberrational behaviors again and again in order to actually force a life - review because their lives are so empty, having disregarded every glimmer of guidance from their consciences, and they want it both ways.
They want to "ascend" (a theory) and keep all their misconceptions - many of which are toxic - expecting some messiah to come around and do all the work for them at the expense of one and all.
They will welcome an anti-christ, being so determined in their refusal to discern right from wrong, being unable to take any pleasure in the good that others enjoy simply because it isn't happening to them.
Although death like life is an inconvenient illusion to these creatures, they will die, have another life review, return and do everything all over again, having learned nothing from "earth school" except how to get more stuff of a lower nature than anybody else be it power, prestige, followers, slaves, they want it all.
That's also one definition of hell.
They may even be proud of their suffering, if it comes to that.
Then there's the subject of mental materialism.
You know, beliefs are ideas borrowed from somebody else?
No exceptions.

Astral life on Mars?
I'm all for it.

The first ring of Saturn?
Probably the bigger ice chunks...

Former planets we used to call home?
Mars.

Your turn, Southern Cross.
Tell me a story

dirkwright

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 6:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark, I apologize for apparently offending you in my response to your post #698, about the guides and time. I am really stressed out and tired and I have very little patience right now. You can believe whatever you want, it only really matters to you anyway. I never had any intention of attacking your belief system, and I am sorry if it appeared that I was doing that. I'm not even going to try and understand what you're writing, but I'm also not going to criticize it either.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 7:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

O.K., Mark. Let's begin with a discussion of the life review process. I recall three such reviews. Each time, I bore witness to the life just finished from a totally impersonal position, as best I can recall. I reviewed the ego, motivations, and emotions of the individual, somehow not attaching to what I witnessed and finding the feelings foreign to my natural state. Each life involved an over-reaching theme, or life purpose. I suppose that it is difficult to say with only words, but this is my best attempt. I was being a bit playful with you in my last comments about mars and saturn. So, what do you recall from your between life reviews?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1207
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think it's incredibly amazing that you can remember your life reviews SC. It really does blow my mind that you have done that. I don't remember a single one of mine.

When I was the MI, one of the men in my room recalled a past life where the three of us men in that room had been on a military mission during WWII, and that we all died then. I stayed in what is called the "bachelor pad", which is a three bunk room away from the others. I don't remember a thing about that life, assuming it happened.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1417
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think that remembering all of the lives would be confusing. I like the concept of a blank slate. It's a bit like starting a new game. No need to remember the playing of the last thousand games.

I don't know if it's unusual to remember past life reviews. I had the first before I knew that there were such things as past lives. There may have been more than three, now that I think about it.

Mark

Post Number: 710
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk, you cannot offend me but I'll accept your apology anyway.

Here's a site with a free spirit guide reading you might enjoy - kind of ontopic, I suppose:

It is very simple. What you call judgment is based upon the intent of the judgment. In other words, if you are just talking, your intent is not to cause harm or to create a problem or to make an issue. Your intent is just conversation. We do not call this judgment. If there is no malice behind the intent, there is no judgment. If you talk, discuss, better understand with no malice intent, then do not worry of it.

(excerpt from the site)

http://www.spiritmessages.net

SC - this doesn't qualify as a life review, but I did have a lucid dream where I was observing a scene with a pathway ...on this pathway, a nurse-looking woman was pushing a wheelchair. In the chair was Adolph Hitler, looking old, feeble and confused. In the background were many concentration camp inmates behind barbed wire, watching as he was pushed past them - and they looked grim and full of righteous intensity.
Then I looked down at my body; I was heavier, younger, and dressed in the black and silver Waffen SS uniform (!) worn by Hitler's personal bodyguard. I was seeing through this person's eyes, as the matronly "nurse" pushed her befuddled patient up a ramp at the end of the line...the crowd behind the wire weren't giving me very friendly looks either...The feeling was, ALL the players were between lives.
and the dream ended with that.
There were life-changing pivot points, let's say, but details aren't as important as being true to what was suddenly known, as symbollic or abstract as that may be.

note: I was looking through that stranger's eyes, but I felt like me, as I am now.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 8:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark, your experience reminds me of what others have written, like Paul Elder, in regards to soul groups. He has had experiences where he was seeing through the eyes of another person and it was not one of his past lives, but a current life of another member of his soul group. Souls apparently form groups in order to accelerate their learning, their gaining of experience. The share their experiences with each other and the all gain thereby. Your experience sounds very much like that.

SC, I believe it is very unusual for someone to remember their life reviews, but of course I would expect something like that from such a special person as yourself. I am in awe of your skills and experience. I wish I had just a little bit of your talents! Yes, I really mean that!

I would rather start a new life with the sum total of my wisdom and experience intact, with a complete remembrance of my skills, who I was, where I came from, and where I was going. I do not like not knowing the future, because I am the kind of person that likes to be prepared. Oh well, once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout...All I have is faith and trust and that is something I am not good at but is probably one of the things I came here to work on.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1418
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 8:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark,
May I ask a question about your experience? As you looked through the eyes of that SS officer, were you able to monitor any of his thought processes that were totally foreign to those you would have as the current "you?"

I'm not going silent for the day for any reason other than I'm travelling today and tomorrow. I, also, have had quite a few lives as the "bad guy."

Dirk,
Interesting thought about soul groups. I'll have to read Paul's book.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Have a safe passage SC.

I'm sure the concept of soul groups is discussed in many books, though Paul's is the first I've read about them.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 3830
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

southern

you mentioned an 'impersonal' position. it reminded me of when my mom had a bad car accident. for a moment, she left her body. she felt like she were hovering over the wreck, and observed herself in the vehicle and saw every detail of herself. she said she wasn't upset at all. she was completely removed from any emotions. interesting.

i do believe we incarnate in groups. i really believe my daughter was my mother in a past life, and that my 2 best friends were my brother and sister in another time.

nadm
Intermediate Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 179
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Southern Cross said:

I think that remembering all of the lives would be confusing. I like the concept of a blank slate. It's a bit like starting a new game. No need to remember the playing of the last thousand games.

this made me laugh, because with the popularization of Texas Hold 'em poker, one of the facts which has come to light about successful poker players is that they recall not just every game they ever played but every single hand. They have special clarity for losing hands. Chess masters often say the same.

Mark, i've had dreams and visions of several parallel lifetimes during the period of the European holocaust. they were different from what you describe above in that i did not feel like the me i am now, but very different in each one. in at least one, i experienced some time as a young German soldier, no one high ranking, but one who was caught up in the fervor. i experienced several views of those targeted by or otherwise beyond the pale of Nazi ideology. i haven't really tried to characterize any of these experiences except for the one that felt clearly like a past life, one in which i was an inmate in one of the extermination camps.

these were rather harrowing, each in their own way, to come upon. but in retrospect i take them as a gift, a huge gift of perspective.

as for guides, Dirk, you can call them whenever you like. but this, like the issue of whether or not one would prefer to remember, is very personal. it is my understanding that we all have guides and they are quite available to us, and responsive to our intention to welcome contact from them. this is what is taught in shamanic circles. in journeys one is instructed to request a guide, and to be clear that what emerges should be only for the highest and best for all concerned.

once i learned to do this i became aware of their constant presence. rather than needing to "find" them, i need only open my mind, like a channel tuned into, and there they are. if i find them absent, it has always been a problem of my state of mind, which can then be cleared and refocused.

the notion of reincarnating in clans or groups (there are some other specific names for this phenom as well) seems more and more obvious to me as i sit with it. there are so many connections, and in some cases i too am pretty sure how i knew a loved one last time round. in two cases, members of my current family are, i believe, returned souls who were with me earlier this same time around, but died when we were, so to speak, mid-stream.

a good astrologer i know says that she does not work with past life material at all, unless it is somehow obstructing present life work. it is her experience that people become distracted by it, and it is not necessary to the work at hand. this life requires only that we wake as much as we can to spirit as it is now, and respond as we are able. we have within everything we need from past lives, to do so. the divine spark inside is the light that will show us where we need to go. when a teacher offers some insight into that, they are merely reflecting that spark.

Suzuki was not deemed a master for nothin'.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1214
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

According to what I read, not all members of any one soul group incarnate at the same time, and the members that do may not know each other. I think the concept of soul groups is different than having common past lives.

I think one of my guides is a disc jockey, since I hear music in my head all the time and it's often associated with my state of mind at the time. For example, I have been feeling despondent recently, and the tune in my head this morning was Journey's "Don't Stop Believing". Go figure.

Mark

Post Number: 712
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 7:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As you looked through the eyes of that SS officer, were you able to monitor any of his thought processes that were totally foreign to those you would have as the current "you?"

There was no hate or fear - no arrogance, no more idolization of that little man in the wheelchair.
The only emotion present was in the eyes of the camp people, and that was a burning intensity as if they were victorious but also sensed the wastefulness of it all.
The SS officer was young and strong in life, a man who didn't really agree with the Nazi ideology - rather, he joined because he sought adventure, and wanted to help his country.
The lie was plain to see by everyone except that addled demented man being pushed along, up the ramp. He still didn't get it. Helplessness was new to him - having no more power over others.

But they knew it all along. They got caught in the larger sweep of the times they lived in.
In a way, all were victims - even Hitler.
Was he "just following orders" like his henchmen claimed at their trials? (this would explain the confusion).
Yes...the orders may have come from evil itself.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 8:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What's interesting about this story to me Mark is that it is not historically correct, but it obviously took place. So, the question is, did this take place after Hitler's death, or is it an alternative time line, or what? According to what I have read, when people die under traumatic circumstances, like during war, they can get trapped into a reality of their own making, of their own fears. Perhaps Hitler and the others were still living out their WWII experience in the after life?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1420
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark,
I have a few comments for you. I don't by any means want to dismiss any of the comments made by others. I am still in transit until Wednesday, so I have to limit my comments.

First, I want to validate your feelings of "business as usual" for the SS officer. I have had life reviews that included murder in our cultural sense. It seemed that the real life review issue was one of what was in my heart at the time of the act, and not what how our current culture would want to spin the situation. I don't think that our life reviews include 20/20 hindsight. I think the focus is on what we feel in our hearts at the time.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1422
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When I get back, someone please remind me of the OBE I had when I saw the "propulsion" system of a UFO. I don't know if it was a Rv Experience or what, if it was "ours" or "theirs," but it was vivid and wild.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 9:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK, I'll try and remind you.

I started listening to the Monroe Institutes' Heartline CD set, based on the course. It was interesting. The first thing that happened was that I saw a couple of black guards that refused to move until I told them to "go to the light". When they parted, I saw a path that led to a glowing light source, so I started up the path but did not go all the way. Then later, I was visited by a small white dog, like a miniature poodle. He was very friendly. The Heartline course is about opening up the heart chakra to more love, among other things.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1424
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Why didn't you go all the way to the light? I think you said that you met that little white dog before. Was it the same dog?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, I think it was the same dog.

I probably didn't go all the way to the light because I'm not ready to die yet. We'll see when I listen to the CD again. Maybe I am ready to die, I don't know. Sometimes I feel that way.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1425
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was trying to figure out if it was a dog that I knew, or one that I was playing with here. Was the cd you were listening to a guided meditation? If so, I doubt they would want their listeners to go into the light and die. (Humour) I'm sorry that you are having a bad time.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My dog has pure white relatives. I've always loved white poodles, but they can tend to look a bit dirty. There were two little white dogs who were in one of the shops in Churchill. I went to play with them every night.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, he was a very friendly dog. I've always loved dogs, but haven't had any since I was young.

The thoughts today that are causing me extreme pain are:

I don't want to die alone anymore.

I want to still be in love with my soulmate when I die.

My mission here is accomplished, it's time to go.

I've learned that these kinds of thoughts are messages from my soul, since the soul communicates via emotion. These thoughts seem to come from no where, but I know otherwise. The pain is like the temperature of the thought. The hotter it is, the more important the message. This just may be more healing on my part though, since feeling pain is the way we heal our souls. I think my soul is telling my ego that these are pains it carries with it, and that I need to embrace them in order to heal them. I'm doing that today.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1225
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When people cut themselves, meaning their personality, off from their emotions, when they stuff them, they have cut themselves off from communication with their soul. When that happens, then the soul can no longer communicate it's pain to the personality/ego, and no healing occurs, no advancement of the personality occurs. It is a great tragedy really. The personality then causes more pain on the soul because it does not listen to the souls cries of suffering. The way out is to feel our pain, thus healing our souls. Enlightened people talk about "remembering", like what the heck are they talking about? This is it, this is what they are talking about. They are talking about remembering the pain of the soul being feeling it. The pain of which I speak is the kind that makes your face crunch up in agony, that makes tears come flying out of your eyes, and makes you grasp your chest. That's the kind of pain I often feel. I have learned that every time I do that, I become a little bit stronger, a little bit tougher. It's a good thing really, though it hurts like heck to go through it. It's unfortunate that we have ways of life here that require us to stuff our feelings. Occupations like the military, big business, politics, etc. The world's cultures are against this kind of healing because it often causes change, and that is one of the fundamental fears everyone possesses. Fear of change, no matter how good, is still scary.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1226
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, SC, the CD is a guided meditation, though it doesn't say anything about going into the light. I did that on my own, it just happened. Death is actually a very pleasurable experience, it is ecstatic, actually. The people I've talked to that have had NDE's want to die again so they can feel that way again. I probably stopped because moving towards it brought up some stuff that I need to heal. I'm not having a bad day necessarily, thanks for your concern. I'm having a healing day. Just because I'm crying off and on doesnt' mean it's a bad day. The tears that flow from my eyes are washing my soul clean. I wouldn't be doing that if it didn't need to be done. Heck, everyone should be doing that very often, but we are taught that crying is bad, that feeling pain is bad, etc. Well that's bull crap. As a rebirther, I know all about pain, and I know that feeling your pain is the most important thing you can do while you are embodied here. Nothing else really matters in the end.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1428
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was reading yesterday the feeling strong emotions opens up the heart to love, and that love is necessary to reach God.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, you got it baby! I ain't doing this for nothing!

dirkwright

Post Number: 1230
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Once the pain is healed, it is gone forever. I feel just fine and dandy right now. I listened to my soul, I embraced it's pain, and everything is much better now. It's like a thunderstorm: a lot of activity for a short while, then the sun comes out.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1231
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 1:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Joe McMoneagle loved dying so much that he actually set up a heart attack on purpose. He even told his new wife while it was happening. Death is pleasure, getting there can be painful, but the pain is very important.

Hale
Advanced Member
Username: hale

Post Number: 403
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 3:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Speaking to Mark's review or dream.....The lifetimes that are full of light and love are lived like an affirmation. There is value in that. The hard stuff, the things that stretch your being, are often the "bad" stuff. Challenging work.

Sometimes we have to see inhumanity up close in order to really understand it, and in that experience, we are changed. Not everyone needs to see these horrors, but some do. Sometimes it is for balance on the soul level, to grow the personality, and sometimes it is for other reasons. Always, each time, it is up to the self to do good. If you can't do good, and choose the bad, pray the bad changes you.

I know I have been an observer and participant in some bad things throughout time. What matters is now. One can become prisoner to the same bad mistake over and over again.....which is one good argument for not accumulating too much knowledge from past lives ( I know someone like this and old habits can become ingrained and show themselves). Sometimes we really do need to wipe the slate clean in order to get a fresh start. Imagine remembering that you slaughtered women and children as a Hun. How would you feel if you had dreams of watching as men raped and pilaged, and you were in on it?. It might be too much for your personality to take.....the heartless cruelty of it all. It might even cause you to try and "abandon" that self, which is not the point at all. The point is integrating that self into the larger wheel of experience. If it is broken, the peices must be healed, drawn back into a new form.

Kurt Vonnegut said recently in an interview that there is only one thing we as a nation need; good schools with class sizes of 12-15. The interviewer said how about a good curriculum, to which he replied "At that point, in that environment, the kids would be teaching themselves." Given the right environment, you really are your best teacher. It takes a while to come around to that. The water rests within your soul, and only we can drink from it and be changed by its "truth."

Of course, realize, this is just the world according to "me." ;)

Shine on your crazy diamonds!
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

dirkwright

Post Number: 1232
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One thing I can say is that this process that I do once in a while, where I feel intense emotional pain and it is associated with a thought, is physically demanding. I just got up for a long nap. I may have been tired from hauling all that crap, but still, doing both wasn't exactly light weight work. My first two thoughts actually started last night and finished up today. Sometimes these processes take a while too. I admit I do not completely understand this process, but I do trust it. It's like rebirthing. No one knows exactly why it does what it does, but it does it very very well and that can be trusted.

Mark

Post Number: 714
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Once you understand a thing, you cannot learn it (obviously)
but you cannot understand a thing until you learn it.
Therefore, you only learn from what you don't understand.
...right?

How?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1432
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark,
Before I go too much further in this discussion (which I like) I would like to clarify a point. When I speak of wanting to get off of this planet, etc., what I really mean is that I have not perfected my own consciousness in a way that allows me to love any environment in which I am placed.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I also find your last comment purposefully cryptic. I think that people who are not confident with their intellectual abilities would back off, and input meaning to your words which isn't readily apparent. Forgive me if I'm being overly simplistic in my tiredness.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 11:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale,
Funny you should bring the activities of the "hun". That's one of my worst lifetime memories. Were you just using that as an example, or do you remember a particular life?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1435
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 12:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As I read over the recent posts, I think I am way to tired. Sorry, Mark.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ops. Spelled too wrong.