Archive through October 13, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through October 13, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm scared and I'm weak..
Grabs bear and goes to
"stuffie Corner"
Qua da di

Brighid
Advanced Member
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 460
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 12:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*Holds Buddy and brushes back her hair soothingly while rocking her*

Good Gods dear... I wish I were there with you right now... I don't exactly know what it is but I'll tell you I know the feeling. We're here, for what that's worth being thousands of miles apart... we're here and we CARE about you!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 1623
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 1:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

For what little it may be worth, my supposed SG told me, "you're never alone, never alone, even when you feel as if you are".

John
Advanced Member
Username: john

Post Number: 331
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 1:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ya have to agree with waxy there. i know thats true.

and it gives me hope.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1626
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 1:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My flu's pretty much over. No more excuses. Time to get back to Practice...

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1627
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 1:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If/when I feel connected, I'm going to be sure to send Buddie a "hug"...

buddie

Post Number: 1687
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm sorry for being needy last night..
I thank you all and I send you love..

I held my own good bye ceremony for
Robert this morning..it's a grey day
and I went to my favourite spot down
by the lake..I picked a few flowers and
brought a candle..I sat for about an hour
and spoke to his dear spirit..while the
candle burned..I believe he's confused
he's getting so many mixed emotions
anger,grief,Love everything his friends and
family are feeling..I hope I got to sooth
him a bit..when I was finished I wrapped the
flowers ,candle, small angel and a pretty
rock in a little bag and chucked it out
into the lake ,I feel better and will talk
to him tonight :-)
Qua da di

starspirit
Username: starspirit

Post Number: 1543
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 4:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sending a hug & a smile to ya buddie.
your a beauty through & through, for all you say & all you do...

Love & strength to ya lady

buddie

Post Number: 1711
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 4:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-) Thank You starspirit ..hope your tour is
a blast..maybe some pictures ??
Qua da di

John
Advanced Member
Username: john

Post Number: 345
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 4:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cant sleep, Kathy where are ya. im here in the we hours of the morning like you asked.

awh, i might just go back to bed and read. reading about magic. i like it. lots of history in it too and myth wich can be researched out. finding conections to many things in it actually.

starspirit

Post Number: 1554
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 3:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

3 shows left in troupe display...lot's of traveling, beautiful time of year for that.
Pictures? danced last night in a strobe light of cameras, flashes of magic to us on stage,
like looking out into a sea of sparkling stars...

LOL memories in the making...soon be back to the regular gigs

kathy decker
Advanced Member
Username: kat

Post Number: 234
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 3:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry John, I took a pill and went to sleep.

Hey, Sal, how about one of those homemade pumpkin walnut scones and a cup of coffee?I need to perk up a bit.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 2306
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 8:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If what we heard in 1969 (Neil Armstrong not say "a" in front of man), does it still exist? (It's one of those disappearing sounds that never really was there, did he breath loudly or say it??) Very "Quantum" as they may "rewrite" the history books, which is very scary.

He said: One small step for man. At least, in 1969.

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 236
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I agree. that is what I heard, also.
i wonder what else will be changed as time goes on.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I wish I could help. Wanna borrow a big huggie animal?

buddie

Post Number: 1743
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 5:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Lab,Kathy John.
Didn't Armstrong say he said "a man" maybe I
got that wrong?

Southern cross thank you so much..words help
greatley..they buried him yesterday now they
have the long process.His mom will be on med's
for awhile,they are a big family so lots
of support..love big huggie animals even if
I'm not hurting :-)

starspirit I meant a group photo..it sounds
awesome,the thrill must be exhilarating..

Sal I'll have a potatoe muffin and ice-cap
to go thanks..........................
Qua da di

starspirit

Post Number: 1563
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, lol I know you meant a group pic. Sorry I skirted around that, lol, Not sure I want to display them here, we are all wearing 2 piece bellydance outfits. Not the kind of attention I want to attract online...you know what I mean

as for the thrill & exhilaration of performing, yeah there is no other high like it

L. A. B.

Post Number: 2316
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 2:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I heard Armstrong say it fresh, in 1969, as he was "jumping." He didn't say "a."

He may have caught "flack" for not saying so, and they are trying to "prove" he said it when he didn't.

(Though, what difference does it make, he was representing all "mankind" with his first steps.) A man or just plain man doesn't change the feat itself.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1158
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 2:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB, I agree. I heard him say man, not a man.

Starspirit, a group photo would be good, but I agree about posting it on a public site.

Buddie, I hope your day is going better. I have lots of bears that I could share. Nothing like a good teddy. They never talk back and they always listen.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1688
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 3:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wouldn't get too paranoid about this, it could easily have been "slurred" into the following word.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/elide

Besides, it makes no sense to me unless he's deliberately contrasting his own humble body movement with the greater significance of the event itself. I was always bothered by the seeming redundancy of the statement *until* I heard the explanation given...
"It's the cuddly ones that meow."

buddie

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 7:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My vote is "For Man" thats all I know..
Had he said Mankind??
Besides there are so many leaked
statements from previous astronauts
hell (I) already know it's not what
it seems..
That's why Sal is here..
I have a collection of Teddy's one I sleep
with (old) but Big Guy likes to claim
stuffies so I keep them on antique childrens chairs ..
he's very obedient that way and keeps away
from them :-)
Qua da di

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1706
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 9:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If I'd been in Neil's boots, I'd have been too excited to carefully enunciate every darn word as well. Can't anyone see how naturally it could happen? We do this all the time! I actually used to cringe at my occasional unselfconscious use of the term "y'all". I wasn't trying to sound "Southern", it was just easier to slur the words together!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 9:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This isn't exactly on the order of alien-presence-on-the-moon stuff.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 2317
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yup, the "aliens" stole the "a" right out of his mouth!!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 1:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yep, a good teddy would suffer even Big Guy's various passions with quiet dignity.

buddie

Post Number: 1765
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 4:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

he said "for Man eh" :-)
Qua da di

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1713
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 4:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I could demonstrate this argument of mine, but I'd probably need to be sitting right in front of you so you could read my lips and see the "silent A". Anyway, back to our regularly-scheduled programming...

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 593
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 4:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello. Haven't been online much lately, almost a month, due to ... computer problems!

I almost died on October 4, but it would have been a very, hysterically funny way to croak off. I'll tell you about it later, when I get caught up on all my email & stuff. I hope you missed me. Having almost died ... again ... made me realize that I really, really do miss this Board and you folks.

Buddie, I don't know about what happened to Robert, in what way he passed, but I hope you and his family are doing OK. My hugs to you.

Please, Sal, just give me a great big chicken breast. I'm in desperate need of protein.

Thanks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ No good deed goes unpunished. ~~

graciesmom
Advanced Member
Username: jmb

Post Number: 372
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good LORD, moonhowler! We will be anxious to hear the details! Thank GOD your still here with us. I can't imagine any near-death experiences being FUNNY!

buddie

Post Number: 1878
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Moonhowler..Robert committed suicide.
Very sad..
Of course you were missed.What on earth
happened ??
Qua da di

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10711
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What happened, moonhowler??! Jeez. You were missed, even though I've been traveling and stressed and have been Missing In Action myself.

buddie, I'm so sorry about your friend. I've tried that myself and I know how 'impossible to handle' his life must have seemed to him at the time. It's taken me over 50 years to learn that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. But if I fall into that Black Pit again, I know how difficult it will be to hang onto that thought in the midst of all the pain. Pray for him and forgive him. By now, he probably regrets his decision.

Sal, I need protein too. How about another chicken breast, grilled and cut up onto a nice garlicky Ceasar's salad? And with a glass of chilled Pino Grigio on the side?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

moonhowler

Post Number: 594
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 3:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK, just a short little background, so you will understand why I think it's so funny almost passing into the hereafter in such an ignominious manner as I will describe to you.

I've been ill with Chronic Fatigue (Immune Dysfunction) Syndrome since 1979. It was misdiagnosed as chronic viral labyrinthitis until 1988, when my collapse was total and ended my career and life as I had always known it. From 1979 until 1988 I just kept pushing myself all the time even when exhaustion should have put me in bed. The American "work ethic" was firmly ingrained that deeply in my psyche.

I had many, many bad, nasty things happen health-wise, and still do, but somehow I manage(d) to keep myself intact, even if not functional. The worst of the worst was 2003, which I refer to as The Year of the Hospital. So many times in the hospital, and nursing rehab facilities it seemed as though I spent more time away from home that at home. Among the infirmities I conquered that year were peritonitis, septicemia, two different cases of MRSA pneumonia and the onset of adult asthma. Why I still am alive is a mystery to me.

On October 4, 2006, I had an appointment with my dentist to have the last remaining molar on the bottom left side removed. All the different medications, herbal remedies, etc. over all these years had taken its toll on my teeth. No, I am not toothless, but now I have only one molar left - right side bottom.

The day did not begin well. The car drove like a bucking bronco. The doors on the new refrigerator we had to buy a few weeks ago because the old one quit (after 35 years), were on the wrong side to fit our small kitchen conveniently. My son was supposed to come over later that day and rehang the doors in the other direction; and, he was to pick up my computer tower because it was dead. He thought he might be able to fix it, though he is not a trained computer tech. Didn't make any difference. We can't afford to pay for a real tech, and a new computer was out of the question. Everything was falling apart.

Well, the dentist did the Novocaine stuff and went in after that nasty old molar. Although I've sometimes been called a "big mouth", in actually my mouth is quite small. There isn't much room in there to work, especially with what looks all-too-much like a pair of pliers. I am in that stupid recliner-type long chair with my mouth open as wide as I can get it.

The dentist is leaning over me, with the "pliers" and his hand in my mouth. The tooth, although it had cracked off from the filling, was stubbornly refusing to come out easily. The dentist worked, and jerked, jerked and worked even grunting a couple of times. My head was bobbing up and down, back and forth from the stress of his pulling.

Suddenly the tooth broke free, but only the top half. It went scudding around my mouth, bouncing around inside my already full mouth like the ball inside a pinball machine. The dentist quickly removed his hand, with the pliers, from my mouth and the half-tooth found its way into my windpipe! (Trachea.) I could not breathe. I gasped and gasped, making horrid sounds as no air was getting through.

"Cough hard" the dentist was yelling at me. "Cough hard." So I began to cough, as best I could. I didn't have much air to cough with! Things began to go gray all around me. Then this thought passed through my mind: the medical examiner's report will read "death by tooth in lung". I was going to die from tooth in lung. It struck me so terribly funny that a giant laugh came roaring out of me - and with it came the tooth out of the windpipe. Then I was gasping in air like crazy and coughing my head off. AND LAUGHING ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
... to be continued.....

moonhowler

Post Number: 595
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 6:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

... the continuation... [Sorry about that, but CFS often demands that I stop what I am doing and lay down for a while - which is what I had to do.]

The grayness was going away and I was beginning to actually breathe. I looked at the dentist, who stood there, pliers in hand, pale as a ghost, eyes wide as saucers, mouth agape. That brought forth yet another bout of laughter. I almost scared the poor guy to death. I truly felt badly for him, but the way he just stood there rubbed my funny bone so hard I couldn't help myself from laughing.

Of course, my mouth was bleeding all over the place. The tooth was only half gone and I guess the pliers must have scraped across the roof of my mouth as the dentist pulled his hand out of my own gaping maw. By then I was laughing, coughing hard, still grabbing air and rasping, and was bleeding.

There had been a child in one of the other rooms having some kind of procedure done and she was screaming off and on the whole time I was waiting for the Novocaine to take effect, and was still screaming when the dentist began to work on my tooth. I realized that the child had stopped her screaming. There was a lot of commotion going on out in the hall, but my back was to the door so I didn't know what was happening. Well, it seems that my gasping, rasping, coughing, laughing had sent everyone in the building into a state of shocked silence.

And still the thought ran through my mind: Death by tooth in lung.

Off and on, during my previous life on this earth as a histotechnologist, I did work for our great and wonderful, not to mention brilliant chief medical examiner for Miami-Dade County, Joseph H. Davis, M.D. I was fortunate enough to have two of the pathologists for whom I worked be ex-medical examiners who still helped out with M.E. work, and who frequently brought interesting cases for me to work on. (I was never an employee of the M.E.'s office, but did do my own "internship" through there as a student.) I saw many interesting things having to do with forensic work. Although Dr. Davis has been dead for many years now, I did not want to have my case signed out of the M.E.'s office as Death By Tooth In Lung. How truly undignified.

Anyway, the kid stopped the yelling, everybody began to get a grip on themselves and the dentist was able to change gloves and resume with grinding out the root of the tooth. Thank God the waiting room was empty when I finally was permitted to leave.

And, just before the tooth extraction began, I had called the dentist's attention to the letters DNR to be sure he knew what they meant. (They mean Do Not Resuscitate, i.e. if my heart or breathing stops, do not put me on a ventilator. I've lived long enough with constant pain, and if I make it over the edge, don't you dare bring me back. I would like respite from the pain. If I "get back" on my own, that's quite a different matter, but no machines for me.)

So...I tell him not to save me if I have a bad reaction (like, I'm thinking heart attack or anaphylactic shock) do not revive me, and then HE goes and breaks off my tooth & I suck it down my windpipe. See what a smarty-pants I am?

I will always write DNR on my consent forms because I still want that respite from pain, but please, Lord, don't let it end in a comedy.

On second thought, why not? I might as well be good for a belly laugh as I walk off life's stage.

End of Story. Tooth socket healing well. Car fixed - it was a missing vacuum hose. Refrigerator doors open the correct way and my computer is back up and running, though I did lose most all my files and ALL my photos.

Gonna write my book now: Title: Death By Tooth In Lung. Please buy it so my son and husband will get rich after I'm gone!

graciesmom
Advanced Member
Username: jmb

Post Number: 381
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 8:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moonhowler, OK, you're right, that WAS funny! That poor dentist; I just SEE the look on his face!

I can commiserate with you on the CFS. I've never been formally diagnosed with it; about six years ago they said I had fibromyalgia, but I then went into "remission." Now it seems to be back with a vengeance, along with TMJ! UGH! Every day I dream about OxyContin and Vicodin, but because of my addictive personality, they are OUT OF THE QUESTION! I'm lucky if I can get a muscle relaxant out of my doctor. There is a pain clinic in town, but it is almost impossible to get an appointment with them. They say daily exercise is supposed to help, but I'm STILL tired all the time!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10724
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

O M G--!!!! Moonhowler, you've GOT to write a book someday I *ROTFLMAOed* as I read those posts of yours. I DO really, really commiserate on so many levels--and thank you for that tip about the DNR notation, that hadn't occurred to me, even though The Skeptic and I have a very detailed clause about that in our Living Wills.

I'm just so d*mn glad you're still with us! And you, too, gracies--anyone living in our society with intractable pain and diagnoses like fibro is fighting a hard battle. Someday, it will be different, but for now you guys get about as much validation as I get when I say I'm a survivor of a mind control program.

Funny how many people's hidden hostility surfaces when someone admits to a difference from "the Herd" isn't it?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

buddie

Post Number: 1899
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 8:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh mooonhowler happy your OK..
that is funny and the DNR!!lol..
Whoa!! you were privy to files from the Chief Medical examiner of Dade County..
Miami Vice comes to mind..but that must have been fascinating! as buddie ** faints **
Qua da di

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I talked to my cousin today, and he said earlier his sister broke a tooth off and SWALLOWED IT!!! Can you say, "synchronicity"? Brr!

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 255
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 5:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, Moonhowler, I thought things like that only happened to me!
It seems that on this stage we call life some of us choose to play a tragic part, but every once in a while a little black comedy sneaks in...

Hi Sal, boy, I could go for a root beer float!

What's that you say, Sal?
Oh, this white package under my arm? Why it's the book!
Whitley and Anne sent me a new autographed copy of The Communion Letters to replace the one I lost in the flood!
I just got it, and I intend to sit here all night and read it again.

(sigh) Life just doesn't get better than this!

buddie

Post Number: 1912
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 6:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal I'll have a rootbeer float also..
Sits next to Kathy and her good vibe
washes away all the negatives I've
been feeling..Oh Kathy I'm so pleased
you got your book :-)

Sal joins us and starts yipping
(interrupting Kathy's reading)
about how this was such an active
place a year ago..she looks at the
wall and sighs..throws up her hands
and heads back to the counter..
Qua da di

moonhowler

Post Number: 596
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 6:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, guys. Glad you, too, could see the humor, black though it may be, in the dentist situation. Being sick so many years (with Fibro too) I've been prodded, poked, pinched, electroded, stuck with needles - and worse things - and in general been subjected to just about every indignity there is to "suffer", not the least of which is the intractable pain. My demise could have occurred in so many, dramatic ways any one of a number tear-jerker plots could be written. But to croak having a tooth pulled would have been the final indignity !!!

I'm happy just to sit here with you shooting the bull and hugging the hugables and snuggling under the warm blankies.

Please bring me a great big piece of sweet red raspberry cheese cake, Sal, and a nice mug of hot coffee with milk and sugar. That's really good for the teeth, but there are no calories and no dental caries in Sal's place, right?

Plus, Halloween is coming soon and we've got to get the goodies ready for the kiddies. *cackles like a witch*

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10755
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[Pat snuggles in with a venti hot chocolate and a lemon iced scone]

You know, I need to own up to something similar that happened a few weeks ago--I was too embarrassed to talk about it until hearing moonhowler's tale

Of all the weird synchronicities, the same night at exactly the same time that The Skeptic had a bad fall and came close to cutting his windpipe or his neck artery open, I stupidly decided to swallow ALL my bedtime supplements down at once, instead of in 3 bunches.

I'd done it before just fine, but that night one of them lodged in my throat right at my airway and wouldn't budge. I was so scared I nearly had a heart attack--The Skeptic was hundreds of miles away and I was totally alone. There was black forming at the edges of my vision and I was losing my hearing due to lack of oxygen.

I tried do-it-yourself Heimlich maneuvers and glasses of water, but no air. Knowing that I had maybe a minute of consciousness left, tops, I had a bright idea--I stuck my finger down my throat as far as it would go, counting on my gag reflex to make me throw up.

It worked. Afterwards, I sat on the bathroom rug, gasping in huge breaths of wonderous, fabulous AIR and cried and laughed at the same time, feeling like SUCH an *idiot*!!!

[holds up right paw] "I, Patricia Davis, swear that I will NEVER try to gulp down a whole handful of capsules and pills again" *LOL*

(and don't any of you do it either!)

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 261
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 7:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hahah Pat that is funny.

Today I punched myself (hard) int the mouth with my own fist.
I was making up the bed in the FEMA trailor,(very close quarters) and I ducked my head to avoid the TV shelf, and the fitted sheet sprung out of my closed hand, my hand snapped back and punched me square in the mouth.

I am so lucky I didn't break my front teeth. it is still sore.

Think I will just have a milkshake, Sal, thanks.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1892
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 7:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No ma'am, Miz Davis! It wasn't anywhere on the same level, as I was able to get *some* air, but back when I was in the midst of a major depression about 15 years ago, I had a habit of stuffing myself with Boboli pizzas topped with my own spicy sauce and loads of toppings, and plenty of beer, in the WEE HOURS. There were a couple of occasions where I'd wake up from a brief post-gorging sleep, my heart racing and me gasping for air - acid reflux. Eventually, with the aid of a few sips of water, my throat would loosen up. Needless to say this went a long way toward getting me out of that particular habit, let me tell ya!

buddie

Post Number: 1927
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 7:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Whoa..pat.......
Well lets see..as a kid we had these round
HARD marble size candy balls..I sucked on
one for awhile then decided to stick it up
my nose where it lodged and I freaked and
good old dad held one side of my nose and
said Blow..
I think it was sharon2468 who said in the
joke thread while taking off her shoes she
slammed herself in the nose or mouth..

next
Qua da di

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1900
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 7:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I used to laugh at the name JoAnn Pflug; I always thought it would make a good sound effect, for instance when a brat blows a candy ball out of her nose - "PFLUG!!!!"

(and, yes, even she has a website!)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10758
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

O M G....! We are ALL a bunch of klutzes and doofuses, aren't we?!! Isn't it nice that we all ended up here in the same asylum?

I guess in the spirit of full openness and honesty, I can also tell of the night when I'd just gone to bed and suddenly remembered something I'd forgotten to do. So I got up and, certain of exactly where I was in the pitch darkness of a bedroom I'd walked around in for over a decade, I walked smack into the solid wooden door frame--!

I literally saw stars, like in the cartoons *LOL* My nose made a very icky loud *CRACK* sound and I thought I'd probably split my forehead, too. But after howling my way down the hallway and waking The Skeptic into a near heart attack, we discovered that the only damage was a swollen nose and a bruised forehead...and, of course, the worst injury was to my pride Can you say *DOH*?!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1912
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

PATRICIA DOOFUS!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10759
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 1:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thas' me!

And did I mention the two spectacular *black eyes* that developed in a day or so?! Arrrrg

buddie

Post Number: 1937
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 5:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lol..

brat child..never, wasen't allowed..
mischievous.. maybe..

I often heard "I'm glad we have only
one like you"..I had a lot of
"what would happen if" ideas..lol

Hey we have an auditor in the office
this week,he came by yesterday and asked
about my wall..he sketches and was admiring
Pat's, Lab's, and Waxy's work..
said he was dabbeling in computer art..
he was very impressed with all of them but
his picks were..Pats window..Labs Capt.Jack
and Waxy'sSkiffyland..
I have 3 each of my favourite's from you
all pinned up ..

We found out his name yesterday also..
it's Richard but he wants to be called
Dick and his last name is Cummings..
I kid you not..90% of the office is
female so there was a lot of giggles and
lip biting going on..lol
Qua da di

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1922
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, but does Dick have a boat? [innocent look]