Archive through October 14, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through October 14, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 8:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think the set I looked at included up to level VI and was about $300. Thank you for answering so fast.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1240
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 8:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

After I saw the video, I can understand how the program would have been attractive to you. I wish they would offer it more often. It looks like the first time I could go would be after April 15th. The video showed a pretty good view of the beds and they didn't seem too enclosing.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1241
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 8:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk, you made the moderators sound so nice that I think I tried to check Paul's website to see when he was scheduled to be back. I couldn't do it today because it looks like his site is down.

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 993
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 5:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi SC, Paul doesn't seem to have another Gateway Voyage planned according to his website, but his schedule only goes through December. They have the Gateway Voyages about once per month. Is it because of work that you can't go until after April 15? You don't have to wait on Paul to attend. It was just a suggestion since he knows about you already.

dirkwright

Post Number: 994
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, just when I was taking a nap this morning, I almost got out of my body! I got into this state where my body was energized and I realized that it may be possible to get out, but when I opened my eyes I wasn't out but I was confused for a minute because what I was seeing didn't make any sense. It was weird, like I'd never seen before, then it clicked back and I recognized every thing. It was the same scene but for an instant it didn't make any sense. I wonder what that was about?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1244
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Could you have slipped into a past or future life. I was thinking that you also could have gone to a higher astral level with realizing it. Did you feel like you moved UP at the exit?

dirkwright

Post Number: 995
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 6:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No, nothing that exotic. It was my normal view of the living room ceiling, but it didn't make any sense, that's the best I can explain it. I think it was like what babies see when they are first learning to see. I've experienced this energy state for years and years now, never knowing exactly what to do with it. I'm still learning, obviously. I did feel like I was not aligned with my body though. I hope that the Gateway Voyage changed something about this. Maybe if I keep practicing with the cd things will start happening? Don't be surprised if you see an tall dark and handsome astral man in your bedroom someday...

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1245
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 6:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe that was it. You said that you seem to have trouble with your eyes during an OBE. It would make sense that use of the third eye in that state would be similar to a baby's use of physical eyes.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 6:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As to seeing an astral form with the physical eyes - I think it takes some talent and some work. I remember Robert Monroe saying that he went to visit a friend in that state and she saw a filmy scarf waving, but no Robert.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1247
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 6:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was just spending some time looking at the individual gateway cds. Do you have to listen to them in order, or can you skip one? How strange, I just got the strongest sense of deja vu as I type this.

dirkwright

Post Number: 997
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 6:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, hey there SC! No, these were my physical eyes, though I expected my astral eyes to open. Seeing with my third eye is entirely different. It's like a movie screen on the inside of my forehead.

Yeah, you have to listen to the Gateway CD's in order. You learn stuff as you go along that you will need later.

Oh, I'll make my presence known if I show up, you can count on that!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 6:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK, Dirk. If you find me awake, and I seem to respond to you, ask me to go write myself a note about what happened. Monroe often had conversations with people who didn't remember after. He may have been communicating with them at a different level.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think I understand what you are talking about. I've had OBE's where I can't seem to see correctly, too. I hate that feeling, because sight is the only way I can determine if I'm really out.

dirkwright

Post Number: 998
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I think you'll respond to me! I'll make sure of that!

One thing that I find interesting is that I seem to be seeing the emotional fog that Bob talked about in one of his books. During my journey to your past, there was a dark fog that opened up and formed a tunnel through which I traveled to feel your pain. Likewise, last night I noticed a fog that got really thin and I could see your lovely face. I'm going to try and focus on tunneling through the fog to reach you.

dirkwright

Post Number: 999
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Boy, isn't it going to be great when we someday can actually meet in the astral? I'm sure I'll be doing somersaults of joy when that happens!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1251
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The tunnel experience is common when you journey. I also see it during different stages of consciousness. In my case, I see a ribbed tunnel.

Geez, if you can manage to get through my emotional fog, I salute you. I only have Monroe's first book, so I don't remember about the fog.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think it was in one of his other books.

Your fog is my fog sweetie. It was like you were right next to me and it was beautiful. I need to practice this with more intention. The fog was described when the non-encarnated tourists took a tour of New York city. It was so thick that they could hardly think clearly. They even had brochures about the tour! weird!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I did meet you once some years ago. You were very cordial, but I don't think you remembered much. I had finally managed to get out of my body one night, and immediately thought to go visit the people who had been posting on this thread.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe I'm more of a journeying type than an OBE type? I wonder about that. I'm so excited about the possibilities for us in this area that I'm just hopping with joy and I can barely type this out!

dirkwright

Post Number: 1002
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, at least I treated you with the respect and admiration that you deserve. I've had other experiences of being sexually aggressive towards women during OBE's, which is not the way I normally behave. I have far too much respect for women in general to be that way. I hope I've always been a gentleman around you because I know it's my intention now at least.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder if the fog is seen by those who have passed on from this life? Years ago, I was an attendant in my sister's wedding. We were all up at the alter, and I just knew that my father was there to the right side of the priest. He looked like a very concentrated mass of heat waves. I also knew that he was assisted to that location. Maybe that's where the fog comes in.

BTW, later, at the reception, an old friend of the family told me that she had seen my father on the alter. You guessed it. He was exactly where I thought he was.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1003
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Does your tunnel during these experiences look very physical? That was the only time it seemed that way, like I was going through a very dark cloud to get to you.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC, I find your kind of talent extremely desirable in women, very very attractive. I find that I have always been this way. It makes me trust you even more.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1254
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Robert Monroe had an interesting chapter about OBE sex. He said that it was like "shaking hands" for the natural residents.

I don't know what the difference between a journey and an OBE is. I've puzzled over it for years. Usually during a journey, my consciousness and physical senses are divided between my physical body and my journey body, for lack of a better term. Some journeys are clearer than others, as to my perceptions. I have experienced a visual fog in some. In others, I have been going down a tunnel, and have transferred my entire sense of physical self to the journey location. I suppose I would call those OBE's. But what the heck, I don't know what to call most of this stuff.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think that simply holding hands with you would be an incredible thrill because of who you are. Paul talked about that. He said just holding hands was an electrifying experience. I never got around to asking him about more intimate experiences with his mate.

I can only assume that I am getting the ability to do this journeying from you, since I have never done anything like this before. It was entirely new to me and I didn't even plan it. Now I have something to focus upon and I have you to thank for that. I can't tell you how valuable and important you are to me, words just can't do it justice. Yes, I'm trying to make your cheeks blush...

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1255
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think I just answered you last question. But to clarify, sometimes the tunnel is as physical as waking reality. Most of the time, it's like a third eye vision with some physical sensations. One of the most vivid tunnel experiences was where I was shown a great stone coffin and I knew to enter at this point. The heavy lid of the coffin slid over. I say stone stairs leading down into the earth. I walked down the stairs and into a tunnel. Next thing I knew I was completely physically present in the tunnel, and I was just blown away by the detailed paintings all over the tunnel walls. It looked Egyptian, but somehow I thought it was South American.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1006
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That sounds like an OBE to me, not a journey. Maybe we journey during OBE's? I think the rule for OBE's is that you're supposed to see your body and be in your bedroom at the time, then travel somewhere else. My experience was that I was still in my body, but my awareness traveled somewhere else.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1007
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OBE's feel different than journeying. During OBE's, I have a body, just like my physical body, but different. During journeying, I wasn't really aware of having a body, though I must have because I touched you.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1256
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't think that the journey necessarily comes from me. The physical descriptions of the various "journey" locations have been shared and acknowledged by people for millions of years. It doesn't surprise me that you would experience nonordinary reality the same way that most people do. The more I read, the more convinced I become that we all enjoy a shared connection in consciousness. I have experienced people doing group journeys and they all come back have seen about the same things. Wild, huh?

dirkwright

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My third eye visions are different than these journeying experiences. They are like movies on the inside of my forehead, and I can feel an energized area roughly like a large rectangle on my forehead at the time. I didn't feel anything like that during my journeying experience. My third eye visions felt like some kind of projector turned on inside my head.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, that is wild. I have no experience with or any formal training in journeying, so this is all new to me. I just don't have time to pick up a book about it either. I'll just experiment with what I have. I'm learning to trust hemi-sync, and I think it is far more magical than I realize right now. It was designed with help from the spirit world, after all.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1257
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know exactly what you are saying. I dont' think of it as much as having an astral body, as transferring all of you consciousness to the astral body. I think a combination of full conscious transfer to the astral body, combined with the ability to keep the astral body at the same "local" place as the physical body give us what we call the classic OBE. Monroe describe a number of situations where he didn't stay local.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Based on my one real experience with journeying, it is obvious that one can journey to the past, and probably to the future. Now, there's a tantalizing thing to do! journey to the future! a very special future! hmm, I've got to focus on that!

dirkwright

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My emotions were so intense at the time I did that, that I wonder if there's an easier way? Strong emotions in men's bodies is really really hard to handle. We are just not made for letting them flow through us. We are much more dense than women in that sense.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1258
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MI gives a journeying class. Basically the journey is used for a specific purpose, ie, to get information that is not available to the physical senses, to go to the past or future, to talk to those who have died, or to heal. The journey has some kind of intent behind it. So since you had intent, in this case to help me, it was a journey. I know what you mean about the third eye pictures. Sometimes the journey experience can produce images that are just as vivid, with the exception being that you are in the pictures, and not just watching them.

I've spent years wondering how to define this kind of experience. I can't.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, my experience was extremely vivid. I was there.

God, I wish I could talk some more, but I have to watch a movie with Carla right now. I'll return in an hour or so.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1259
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I could venture a guess? If you got that close to me and picked up the intense emotions, they transferred to you. A power animal acts as a buffer between you and the illness or the intrusion. For example, I would send my power animal over to remove an intrusive object from someone I was trying to help. I sure don't do it very often.

In my case, I don't know if it would have made a difference since we have such a strong psychic link, and I think that you are very empathetic.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Enjoy your movie! I also have a little black dog who wants my attention. Check ya later.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1013
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 9:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I would gladly accept your illness and pain if it made you better, if it healed you. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'm not in the business of doing this for anyone else.

It wasn't a very good movie, kind of a crude comedy. Oh well, life goes on.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1261
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 9:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's Ok. I'm watching "Desperate Housewives." Sometimes crude comedy works.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 5:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Eventually, the point of listening to these hemi-sync cd's is to train us to go to the various focus levels without the help of the hemi-sync sounds. I'm barely making any progress with that. I can recognize what some of the focus levels feel like, what their energy signature is like, but I can't yet generate or create that feeling myself.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1015
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 5:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

During the Gateway program, some of the sessions are trainings for going to the various focus levels by yourself without the help of hemi-sync. The only thing I could do during these sessions was think of you. Ah, I'm hopeless I guess, totally smitten.

graciesmom
Advanced Member
Username: jmb

Post Number: 371
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 10:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had what I believe to be my first true OBE last night. What woke me up was the sound of my husband SCREAMING through the wall. He was on the phone. "Dammit! I knew they couldn't stay off the other stuff! Now we'll have to take Timmy (not my grandson's real name) out TONIGHT and call the authorities! I remember lying there in bed with a sinking heart. After a few minutes, I realized it was QUIET. There were no further noises from the other room. I looked at the clock; it was 2:30 a.m. Suddenly I felt something like a push on my chest and I blacked out for a second. The next thing I know, I'm floating a few inches off the ground, THROUGH my bedroom door, into the hall, and THROUGH my husband's bedroom door. I see that he is asleep. He hadn't been on the phone at all! I try to wake up by shouting. Naturally he doesn't hear me. Then WHOOSH! I'm back in my body. I was TERRIFED, but surprisingly I fell right back to sleep. Weird activity has REALLY picked up around our house lately, and we're all losing sleep. My daughter is haunted by dreams of a strange solar system. Yesterday she alarmed me by saying that she believed that AFTER YOU DIE you get ONE WISH and her wish would be to actually walk among the stars of that solar system! Is she foreseeing her death? EEK!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1262
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gracies,
What a great post. The few times I've had a "classic" OBE, the first thing I feel is the vibrations moving in a wave through my body. Next, my heart feels like it's thumping like a jack hammer. (It isn't really, it's energy movement in that center.) If I can manage to "stay physically asleep" during all that I can sometimes get out. Of course after I get out I can't see. I also sometimes hear all kinds of loud voices during the exit.

It could be that the et's are just discussing life and death with your daughter. Or, your daughter may be remembering a past happy life on that solar system. How old is she?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, Dirk. I ordered the first gateway intro cds. Soon I can tell you how inept I am at this too. Gotta go to work now.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's great SC! It's really not hard, just follow the instructions on there. He'll want you to do some "Om's" at the beginning of each session, as well as recite an affirmation, but other than that, no one should hear you.

Way to go Gracies! The first time is always scary and strange....

graciesmom
Advanced Member
Username: jmb

Post Number: 375
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You said it, dirk! I'm so tired this morning, I'm going to sign off in a minute and take a nap. Had to spend the morning working on volunteer stuff for DD, who will turn 11 on Jan. 3. She was born at the eerie time of 11:11 a.m.! Southern, she told me she DOES believe in reincarnation. (I've never discussed this with her before!) She claims this solar system, and especially the strange ringed planet with extensions to other planets, was her home in her past life. She says she only lived until five years old and died in a fire!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1264
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gracies,
Jan 3'd is a great birthday. Mine is the 5th. It sounds like she is remembering a past life, and a place that was better than earth. I've read that there are astral planets as well as physical planets, so I don't have a way to tell which she was on. Again, congrats on the OBE.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1306
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I listened to my MI cd for the first time the evening. It did produce a pretty deep trance state. The only problem I had was when Bob said that I should hear his voice out of my right ear. I could clearly hear it out of both ears, with the sound coming from the headphones. I wonder if they use special headphones.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 6:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hm, does your equipment have a "mono" setting? It should be in "stereo", not "mono". I think in the first CD you get to focus 10? Bob used to do all his work from that level. You work your way up eventually to focus 21. I like that one the most.

I listened to my delta CD this morning, and I had my hands out of my body. I was working with my energy flow. I did a little manifesting with my hands too. If you put all the finger tips and thumb of one hand together, you concentrate the energy. So I did that, and aimed it at the palm of my other hand. It was really intense. So, I let flow some kind of white powder, like sugar, out of my one hand into the palm of my other hand. That was cool.