Archive through October 07, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through October 07, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 967
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And I was playing Keb Mo because I'd trashed my George Benson cd. I don't have very sophisticated musical taste.

Sledge Hammer
Username: sledge

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You guys rock on!
Your in the groove!

We can all be this way if we are all just honest with ourselves. Everyone is capable of it. I love reading it as it shows the proof of it. This is the way we are all changing or can change. No more living in secrete worlds. Thats a Peter Gabriel song. Making it up, Breaking it up, shaking it up, in our secrete world.

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 651
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 7:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I remember being with you last night my sweet. When we came back to my body, you kissed me and said that you feel stronger now. You had on a hiking outfit, with light colored T shirt, dark short pants, boots and socks and a backpack. I feel proud to be in relationship with you.

I love to move my body to Kitaro and Andres Vollenweider. I wish we could do that together.

I hope the body temperature thing is a good thing. I know that I feel more healed because of our relationship. I feel more balanced emotionally, and able to enjoy life a lot more than before. Do you heat up when you meditate, or lie down to rest? Energy flow certainly does feel like temperature changes and usually more energy feels like more heat. Carla is amazed at the amount of heat I give off sometimes, but I glow even better because of you. Maybe you should try and control it, like try and make the energy flow more intensely through yourself and see what happens. I do that all the time. Maybe that's why you're experiencing that. It's the juice baby, the juice of love.

dirkwright

Post Number: 653
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 7:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, now I see it. I felt your frustration yesterday. I had images of you wanting to throw things because of it.

Oh, also, thanks for yesterday afternoon. It was the most sensual train ride home I have ever had. Thank you.

dirkwright

Post Number: 654
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 8:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When you go to increase your energy flow, you should feel small areas of pressure against your skin that tingle. The areas should be: the temples of your head, the third eye, the crown chakra, maybe your throat and heart chakras, and the palms of your hands. Sometimes these areas will feel very intense. Try and relax and let the flow go. It helps if you do a full yoga session beforehand. Hope this helps.

I sometimes glow so strongly that people standing several feet away from me feel hot and need to unbutton their shirts. It doesn't happen very often though because it's an intense experience in my body when I do that.

dirkwright

Post Number: 655
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 8:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Sledge for your kind comments.

(Message edited by dirkwright on August 15, 2006)

dirkwright

Post Number: 656
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, and don't worry too much about your mechanical ability SC. You have many gifts that I do not have. For example, in spite of being an engineer, I cannot do accounting math; it just leaks out of my brain. Also, I cannot speak a foreign language and I cannot really play a musical instrument. These are all traits that I wish I had but that you possess instead. The other thing that I know I cannot learn are computer programming languages. They just leak out also.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 968
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 3:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When I meditate, my extremities usually get cold. The energy flow is interiorized inward in the spine. I also get creeping electrical sensations in various areas and some fluttering in the chakras.

I don't remember anything about last night, except some vague dreams and standing next to a man who was about 6'4" and thinking that he was my ex's height. I think I was lucid during part of that dream, but it blended into regular dreaming.

I don't know about the train ride home. I was trying to send you an image of the mountains and pine trees.

dirkwright

Post Number: 657
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm about 6'4".

I did get an image of mountains and pine trees when I tried to imagine what your place looks like.

I wish I could work on your energy flow in person. Maybe if I get good at OBE's I'll come over and help you. When I first started channeling the light in 1984, a short woman from somewhere else would visit me and place her hands on my temples when I was in the relaxed on my back during yoga. I couldn't see her, but once when I got up to go the bathroom, I said "excuse me" as I brushed by her on the way there. Pretty funny, eh?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 969
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 3:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, I thought you had typed that you were about that height. I had completely forgotten the dream until I went to the corner restaurant to get lunch for my husband and bookkeeper. While I was waiting, a very tall man went up to the window to order, and in a flash the memory came back.

dirkwright

Post Number: 659
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I believe my connection with you is an emotional one, and all of my insights over the last few weeks have been gained by my feeling strong emotion for you, so it appears that the clearest way to communicate is through strong feelings. Since we will probably never be in an intimate loving relationship, it's probably not possible to develop this connection any further. I know we are still connected, and always will be, but going any further with this may not be a good idea. I'm sorry; I feel a lot of pain writing this, but I don't see any other way but to let this go for now. I had a lot of hopes and dreams about developing this connection, obviously, but it looks like they will remain just that for now.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 971
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 6:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Goodnight sweet prince.
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Stephen in AZ
Username: stephenm

Post Number: 875
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 5:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just stopping by...

Stephen in AZ
Username: stephenm

Post Number: 905
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 4:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stopping by again...

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello Group

I need to pick your brains in regards to OBEs. I can't seem to get out of my body when the vibration begins. I have read material that suggests the head is the easiest point of exit and a cork screw motion is needed.

The last time I was in the state I tried to sit up but could not no matter how hard I tried.

I was just wondering what thought process you use to exit the body?

dirkwright

Post Number: 871
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 7:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have no idea, I just pop out. I just sit up like I'm sitting up normally, but my body stays put. I have trouble keeping my OBE eyes open though. As soon as they shut, I'm back in my body. I hope to get some help on that soon. The key is to be well rested, to have your body asleep but you are awake, and to be able to be fully conscious in a deeply relaxed state of your body.

dirkwright

Post Number: 890
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 2:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I'm off to the Monroe Institute on Saturday. I will be up to my ear lobes in sonic splendor, listening to hemi-synch 5 to 6 times a day. I will have access to a computer in the evening, so I will post my experiences here.

quick
Username: quick

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, I have the same question. I haven't really tried all that much to separate cause I am always in a state of fear when all of a sudden my whole body is buzzing like electricity is running through every nerve ending. I think the fear is because most of the time I'm paralyzed.

Maybe it's the times when I'm able to move I can actually separate? Is it the fear that keeps me stuck, and somehow I need to surrender to the feeling and not fight it?

dirkwright

Post Number: 908
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 8:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey! I'm back! I couldn't write from the Monroe Institute because their ISP has been banned.

It was a wonderful experience and everyone should go. You owe it to yourself, to your soul, to do this course. Whitley's done it!

It is basically guided meditation with the hemi-synch sounds. You go on journeys through consciousness during these meditation. Each person has an enclosed unit with a mattrass in it. It's your bed for the week, as well as you listening place. There's a curtain that you use to cover the small opening in the enclosure. Inside there are headphones and speakers as well as lights. The day starts with breakfast, then group discussion, then a meditation/listening exercise, then more discussion, then another exercise, then lunch, then a break, then another discussion, then another exercise, then more discussion, then another exercise, then dinner, then either a lecture on some topic like remote viewing or soul rescue, discussion, or a final exercise, then sleep. That's the pattern for the entire week. There are no TV's, radios, telephones, or clocks allowed. They take your wrist watch too. There is only one computer in another building that is available only after business hours. It is an intensive retreat. There are two facilitators and they were excellent at their job. It's a very supportive environment. When I came home Carla, my spouse, wasn't sure it was me I had changed that much.

I realized that I'm probably more interested in emotional work than this apparently mental work, though I did spend most of the week crying and doubled up in pain and deep emotion. It it wasn't for my past experience in handling deep emotional pain, I think this program would have been too much for me. I even thought about packing up and leaving around about Tuesday I think, the pain was that intense. I stayed, people were very supportive, and I met a man that has dealt with my kind of experience before which was probably the real reason I was there in the first place. I'm still in the process of getting back to Earth, and all kinds of confused energy is flying out of me. They said it would take a few days for me to get grounded again.

It's a great program and if you have the money, I recommend it highly.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 5:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think I would have a panic attack without contact with the outside world. I'd like to do the seminar, but I'd have to be very mentally prepared.

Did you ever get out of body?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 5:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The sleeping arrangements sound a lot like what I've become used to on various dive boats. I know now to bring my own pillow, sleeping bag, and a foam camping mat.

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 4349
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 5:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think it's pretty interesting that someone from the Monroe Institute's IP number was BANNED from Unknown Country.

I wonder who brought that on—and what s/he did.
"Question what's real. Question who's real."

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder if the MI has a screening process to block new age sites from their business computers? I found that sometimes when I was in Mexico, and it drove me nuts.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 3549
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 5:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

pardon my computer ignorance...but does that mean that anyone from that institute cannot post here?

Midnight Blue
Intermediate Member
Username: midnight_blue

Post Number: 101
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk, I know exactly how you feel about dancing. I use to Dance improvisation as a child. It was highly spiritual. I wanted to take dance lessons but had to wait until I could pay for them. I finally took dance in college and in a way it ruined it for me. There is the Isadora Duncan kind of dance (improvisation), and the Baryshnikoff kind of dance (trained ballet). Both are valid and entirely different. Dancing was my life, and yet I don't dance anymore.

About the institute. I wouldn't mind being cut off from the outside, but I would have trust issues. I don't give myself over easily. So I probably am not ready for that.

Dirk can you tell us what the exercises were?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1225
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 6:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I agree, Midnight. I have both trust and control issues. A standard protocal for controlling large groups of people is to cut off their means of communication with the outside world. I think Dirk said that you could use cell phones outside.

dirkwright

Post Number: 980
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 9:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The MI uses Netzero for thier internet connection. That's a really large ISP, so I do not know if anyone from there actually caused the banning.

It's a very loving environment, there are no mind control games going on there. It is no different than any other spiritual retreat in that regard.

You don't need a sleeping bag. They provide sheets, towels, blankets, pillows, even soap. The beds are hard in my opinion and I didn't sleep well, but that may have been because of other reasons. I only seem to need about 6 hours of sleep any more as long as I do either a theta CD or a hemi-sync one. I'd have to be really physically exhausted to need any more sleep it seems. I was commonly up around 4 am and not able to fall back to sleep while I was there. I'd get up and go over to the computer and send emails, or I'd meditate in the lounge while I drank coffee and ate a protein bar. I had a lot of emotional stuff to deal with and it was a very intense experience in that sense. They describe the place as a hospital for the soul, so be prepared to deal with really really deep stuff if you want to go.

The exercises are guided meditiations and visualizations using the hemi-sync technology. There are various frequency combinations that they call focus levels, where focus level 1 is fully awake and focus level 21 is the threshold of communication with the spirit world. The program gradually introduces you to the focus levels and you do various mental exercises at levels 10, 12, 15 and finally 21. This technology was developed many years ago in combination and cooperation with spirit guides and other entities that Bob was in contact with over the years. The whole thing was designed with their input. If you can't handle lying peacefully in a dark, or nearly dark, enclosed space listening to strange sounds and having unusual experiences, then this isn't for you. If you are nervous about being visited by the white brotherhood, as in my case where they came to me and did a brief healing, or you are uncomfortable with dealing with the crap in your emotional and spiritual life, then this isn't for you. What it does is accelerate your ability to meditate at deeper levels. Monks have takne the course and said that the MI achieves in one week what it takes them five years to achieve. This is not for the faint of heart, the chickens of the world. It did take me by surprise though. I was in so much pain that I wanted to leave after the first few days. I was dealing with some deep and painful stuff, and I wasn't sure I could go on, but they were very supportive and loving towards me and I stayed. I talked to just about anyone that would listen about what was going on with me, the issues I was dealing with, and I found a man that has gone through basically the same thing as me and that was very helpful.

You have to fill out an interview form, including medical and psychological information, before you will be accepted to the program. I'm not sure if they want anyone that is on psychotropic medication. I didn't ask. This is a mind expanding experience, and I suppose drugs would interfere with that process.

Midnight Blue
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 102
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, it sounds really intense but rewarding.

dirkwright

Post Number: 981
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, I was right about the mental health stuff. They want to know everything, including the name and address of your therapist, the type of drugs you take, the reason you're seeing the therapist, whether or not you've been hospitalized for mental health reasons, etc. They want to know your fears, and many other things like do you drink alcohol or take recreational drugs. I don't know their standards for allowing people to take the course, but I would bet that they refuse plenty of people because of their mental health status. If in doubt, it would be best to call them up though.

Rebirthing is similar. They don't want you if you're on some kind of mental health drugs.

Midnight Blue
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 103
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Southern Cross, I guess if the standard protocol of mind control is to cut people off from the outside world - then being able to use cell phones is a cue that things are possibly safe. Ofcourse the Monroe institute already has a good reputation, but I guess I'm talking about retreats in general.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Midnight, I have a really good feeling about the MI. I should have explained more. I was stuck at a shelter in Mexico during a bad hurricane, and they controlled the crowd by withholding information. That's the source of my fear.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now I want to go do this more than ever. I think it would be fantastic to learn to associate various levels of consciousness that I already have experienced with the focus levels. What is the White Brotherhood?

dirkwright

Post Number: 982
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, they are apparently a group of spirits that are available for healing. I only assume that it was them, since they wore white robes and had white hair. I suppose they could have been some kind of ET also. They worked very fast, first on my left ear, then on my liver area.

I didn't have any OBE's while I was there.

dirkwright

Post Number: 984
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think their location in California doesn't have the enclosed sleeping units like the one here in Virginia. So, that may be a better choice if fear of enclosed spaces is a problem. I don't know what they have there though. You should probably call them up.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1230
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, I check it out. Either way, I have to fly there since Petaluma is in Northern Cal. north of San Francisco.

dirkwright

Post Number: 985
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You won't get to meet Joe though, or Skip Atwater either. Skip was Joe's commanding officer when they were both in the military. Skip runs the lab at the MI. I didn't go on the tour of the lab because I needed to do yoga and I wasn't that strongly interested in RV.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1231
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 1:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What do they do at the lab? They way you've described these people makes me want to meet them. I think I need to do something very different from my normal work to break set, so to speak.

dirkwright

Post Number: 987
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 1:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I didn't go, but I understand that they hook you up to a brain wave machine that can map your brain. Then they run the hemi-sync and watch the brain waves change. They do research. For example, they recorded Joe's brain waves while he was doing remote viewing, then translated them into hemi-sync that stimulates the same kind of brain wave state. I think they use that in the RV class they teach there. It is really amazing stuff they do.

Midnight Blue
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 104
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 1:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Southern Cross, that is awful (being stuck in a shelter with no info).

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1232
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 1:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Midnight. We got really PO'd after a while with the way they treated us. The management kept insisting that noone was allowed outside, but we would see the employees coming in soaking wet, dressed in yellow slickers, and they would then deny that they had been out. I think we all would have felt better with more communication. If I had been in charge, I would have given updates every couple of hours, even if I had to say that we didn't have any new information. People know when you're really being honest and trying to help them.

dirkwright

Post Number: 988
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder what the brain wave patterns of those in management looks like? Probably pretty boring.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 3:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

To a certain extent, I felt sorry for them. This was in Mexico at a resort. The guy they put out front was the entertainment director who spoke the best English. This was their second storm in that year. The hotel employees all had family in Cancun and they had no word of their safety. Most of them were staying up all night dealing with the logistics of hotel damage, guests, flipping out, complaining, etc. They had a satellite phone that they couldn't get to work. The AC stopped.

dirkwright

Post Number: 989
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 3:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, that sounds like hell. We get a similar thing happening on the commuter train I take. Enough people have complained about the lack of communication that they've finally started talking to us when the train stops for no apparently reason.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 3:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I agree sometimes all we want to know is that we aren't cut off. Even someone saying, we don't know what's wrong, but we'll get back to you is better.

dirkwright

Post Number: 990
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, I agree of course.

I'm going to start listening to the hemi-sync practice CD that they gave us after the class. I listened this morning and I went unconscious at the higher focus levels. I also heard singing at the highest level. I'm wondering where this will take me in the middle of the night.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1235
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 3:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Can you buy that practice cd?

dirkwright

Post Number: 991
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nope. You have to take the class to get it. It wouldn't make any sense to you because there are steps in the process that the CD leaves out that we learn while we are there. If you want to do this at home, then it's best to buy the Gateway Voyage Wave 1 CD set first, then get the rest late.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 7:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Dirk. I found the Gateway set, but it is still really expensive. I did find a good intro video to the MI, which I enjoyed. I just need to find time to fit in a flight, a trip, and the jet lag.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 7:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Also, Dirk, what do you think of the gateway cds compared to the delta sleep cds?

dirkwright

Post Number: 992
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 8:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, they are completely different. The Gateway CD's use hemi-sync, which is a mix of frequencies that take you to various focus levels that don't necessarily compare to the theta and delta brain wave states. The delta CD is just delta frequencies I think, whereas the hemi-sync products are much more complex. I didn't think that the Gateway CD set was all that expensive, but I believe you anyway.