Archive through September 24, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through September 24, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brandon
Username: who_am_i

Post Number: 54
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 8:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L.A.B.,

I do not know why but I feel like something big is going to happen in the next few decades, it's probably my young age talking though. Maybe these dreams are conditioning?

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 3783
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 2:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L.A.B. said:

quote:

Ah well, it seems suddenly we are all "dreaming" when over the last few years, personally, I haven't had any that I remembered. It seems strange that all of a sudden, we are getting very peculiar dreaming going on.

It does seem strange. Something is "afoot," surely.

I'm no bible-thumper, certainly no fundamentalist, but I am seeing synchronicities in current events and some of the things not only the bible has mentioned for the last days, but many sacred writings of several cultures, including many of the things Joel Upaava has kindly shared with us regarding the Hopi prophecies.

I think MANY paths are valid ones, for many lanes make up a highway. Whatever our chosen "path," I do think we should prepare ourselves for whatever certainly seems to be coming.

From the Hebrew Scriptures:

quote:

"In those latter days, I will pour out my spirit upon humankind; your sons and your daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions; even upon servants—male and female—I will pour out my spirit." (Joel 2:28)

These words from my past ring powerfully in my ears today. I can't help but hear them.
"Question what's real. Question who's real."

Hale
Intermediate Member
Username: hale

Post Number: 190
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 1:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Finishing up in the shop and an old dream popped into memory, thought I'd plop it down here.

I had, when I was something of an art student, a series of Picasso dreams. I don't really care for his work, but I had several dreams that were educational in nature. One dream was about technique in painting (I'm not a painter), another was about subject matter in art, and the last was about worlds within worlds.

I am walking up to my dorm in this dream, and I see Picasso hunched over with his head buried in the grass. He looks up with with those eyes of his, and motions for me to come over. He says something about most people not noticing the little things. "There are worlds inside the world we know," he says, and motions for me to get really close, my nose buried in the grass. I look and I see decayed grass and roots of the grass along the surface, ants and some very small mushrooms all existing below the forest floor of the grassy yard. I am looking and he urges me, "Closer; now focus!" So I poke my nose in a little more and then try to focus. Then an unexpected thing happens; I see a glow coming first from the little mushrooms. A glowing white light, like a phosphoresence. Then I see trails of light coming off the roots and the grass, then an energy jumping around the ants as they move unconcerned that a creature like me looms so close.

Picasso lifts his head up slightly and I meet his gaze like we are two kids looking at each other with a big secret. He says, "You see."

And this in turn reminds me of a waking memory from when I was a five or six year old when I was walking through a forest full of gum trees (I think). These trees have these seeds that are called gum balls. They kind of look like thorny geodesic spheres with these small openings all over them. You see them used in wreaths sometimes. I was looking at one of these and as I looked, I saw a red glow rise up from inside this pod. Like an ember glowing inside. After that, how could I not believe in magic, even if 'bounded' by the innocence of childhood?

I wonder if we stop looking and start trying to see, that maybe we would begin doing just that?

nicole
Username: albi

Post Number: 771
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 2:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's so weird that you post about peeping at the secret world of ants with Picasso. Picasso was such a 'patriarch'. And I just dreamt of an ant person.

Drifting back to sleep tonight, I saw an 'operating table' - those were the dimensions. It was metallic looking and on it was what I thought was a person. As I got closer the skin looked exo-skeletenish, but still like skin. And the head was rounder kind of like a baby ant.

I don't exactly have the kind of rigid schedule that demands attention to a clock. I gave up wearing watches because they all break.

It must be overactive imagination. How can you know if it's real, if the memory is wiped out and all you get are fragments and feelings. Those could just be reality consensus.

'When one see's the equilateral triangle, the gray's are already standing beside you.' - Didn't Whitley say that? What does that mean?

Is that true? The equilateral triangle with the circles at the corners?

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"The equilateral triangle with the circles at the corners?"

Ack, you would have to say that. I was given a clover-like emblem the other night (in a guided-visualization exercise) and told it would aid me in having an LD if I concentrated on it. It wouldn't take much tweaking to turn that into what you describe. Maybe it's just coincidence...
"...I'm goin' to Hoag Land, Hoag Land..."

Hale
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think perhaps I picked up on the teacher-like role that Picasso played while alive and used him as part of the dreams, although in the other dreams I asked him questions specific to his own work (despite not really being all that interested in it on a personal level). He never wrote any books while alive, but there are lots of pretty good quotes from him about art and art making. I suppose, too, that Picasso occupied my mind as being one of the leading lights in the abstract movement, despite how chaotic and screwy his personal life was, so perhaps another reason for his teacher/leader role in the dreams.

I think for myself, I rely on experience and worry less about the 'reality' of the experience unless something else comes along to somehow inform that experience that could change the context of the original experience (like updates or upgrades)

I too have stopped wearing watches years ago. I found I did not need them. A clock on the wall works just as well (just as long as it is not in front of me). Seems there is always a clock in the car either as part of the stereo or on the dash. I have found the clock to be a distraction in many instances. Important in some cases, but often too easy to become a slave to it.

I'm sorry Waxy, what is 'LD'?

SLW; that dream.......cocoons. Pretty powerful image. Sure would make me stop and think.

nicole

Post Number: 772
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think he means lucid dream.
That's weird about the clover Wax.

I like looking for four leaf clovers. It's leprechaun code.

That is a nice dream about Picasso and the ants. It's an intimate child-like exploration. The kind Picasso liked.
I think the people who've really met the Gray's know it.

But the older I get, the less I know.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This was of the three-leaf variety. I'll do the closest mockup of what I saw that I can.

nicole

Post Number: 780
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm interested in seeing that Wax.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1162
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thought you might be! Even though this could all just be vivid 'daydreaming', it's worth bumping off you folks who are more symbology-savvy than I.

Anyway, here is the LD-induction "clover": http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/DreamEmblem.jpg

And this is my best approximation of the "key" I was given for unlocking normally-inaccessible regions of "dreamspace": http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Gatekey.jpg

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As I worked on them, I noticed both incorporate the number 3...

nicole

Post Number: 783
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The triangle I saw in the clouds was like that clover but the triangle was bigger and the circles smaller.

Your symbols are like annotated crop circles.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As I said in a prior post, if you distorted it...

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 867
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy I recognise something from those images ..reminds me of my 'safe haven' I was shown taken there a year ago .. I described it as being like a teepee but you could say pyramid or triangular space.. very safe indeed no harm can come to me there .. lol.. cant find my way back there tho so it was like a oncer but very vivid very real.. very cool.
Perhaps we all have that a place to call our own.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brown I thought that image..
was Great Art..shussssh!!
The feeling the beauty and fright..
(( :-) ))
Qua da di

John
Advanced Member
Username: john

Post Number: 232
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 9:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i think those are alchemy symbols waxy.

love the key

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 656
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anyway, here is the LD-induction "clover": http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/DreamEmblem.jpg

Looks like some part of the Kaballa Tree to me.

link

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark, great to have your input. I'd run across this earlier while looking at the "Barbury Castle" crop formation, which looked to me a bit like a combination of my two symbols! I'll play with this a bit...

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1175
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Too tired to figure it out; I was hoping I could just "connect the dots" as it were and learn what that particular configuration signified...

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 1:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's a goodie, as I knew nothing of chakra symbols before tonight. While I didn't find an exact match for my LD-induction symbol, the closest match is for the throat, which is interesting to be because I'd been reading "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming", by Stephen LaBerge, which makes mention of a Tibetan induction technique involving focusing ON THAT CHAKRA!!! Coincidence?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 1:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'd love to see a site full of Tibetan Buddhist symbols; I'm betting I'd find an exact match, or nearly exact...

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 872
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 7:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

where's sheila ? in the crowd..lol.

it's an annual event .. maybe yur guides trying to tell ya something.

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 2033
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Triangles and tri-spirals are "symbols" of the "goddess."

http://www.davidrankineart.com/spirals.gif

russadams
Advanced Member
Username: lightsleeper

Post Number: 491
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 7:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Three years ago, my best friend from childhood came to visit me in Florida. For years, we had called each other several times a week, and made it a point to see each other at least three or four times a year. A couple of days after he left, I received a phone call saying that he was dead. He went to sleep and just didn't wake up. He was a severe diabetic with complications affecting his heart, but it still came as a big shock. Such a shock that I was never able to mourn his loss, which probably explains why, for months afterwards, I would pick up the phone to call him 3 or 4 times a week, and while dialing, the realization would kick in and I'd quickly hang up. Strangely enough, I never dreamed about him either, until last night's extremely vivid dream. I dreamed that I was in some place in the countryside, and he arrived wearing a tuxedo and driving a vintage, white Rolls Royce. Accompanying him was a heavyset Samoan wrestler--I have no idea how that fits in with the scenario. At any rate, we were really happy to see each other, and having a great time laughing and talking, so I was minding my p's and q's because I didn't want to bring up the fact that he was supposed to be dead. Eventually, we left this little country house, as well as the Samoan wrestler, and started driving down a narrow highway. My friend pulled off onto a dirt road and stopped the car. He looked at me with the saddest expression that I've ever seen in my life, and I was suddenly sure that it had occurred to him that he was dead. I even started to say that I knew what he was going to say. But he shook his head and said "You'll know at this time next year." Then, the headlights of a couple of cars appeared behind us, and he started up the Rolls. Without actually getting out of the car, I found myself back at the little house, and my friend drove away. A lot of these type of really vivid dreams seem to have a way of coming true--sometimes the content is symbolic so that I don't understand it until after a specific real-life event has occurred. Anyhow, it just seemed very ominous, but I've been having a lot of dreams and other stuff that I can't explain, all having apocalyptic overtones. Don't know what it means.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10646
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Glad you posted it, russ. It's a good idea to get powerful scenes like that one out on paper so that you can get a bit of distance from them. Sometimes that's when insights manage to make it through the mind's barriers....
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Brandon

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 9:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream last night that I want to share just because it was a very neat and frightening dream.

I was out with a bunch of friends I have never met before in real life. There were three to six of them off and on in the dream. The whole dream me and my dream friends were being chased and taken up into the sky by different kinds of UFO's. I was wondering when I would be next. We all ended up in this rundown, cheap hotel out in some desert somewhere. I forget the name of the hotel. There were three of us left when we got to this hotel, the rest of us had been taken and disappeared into the sky. The four of us left all huddled in one of the rooms of the hotel to hide from "them". We thought we were safe in this hotel room with the doors locked and furniture in front of the window. Then all of a sudden, one by one, my friends were being sucked up into the sky through the ceiling. Pretty soon I was the only one left and I was terrified. I was wondering what would happen to me when I got "taken". Who would I meet? Would I simply cease to exsist? Where had my friends gone? After awhile of sitting there I realised that nothing was happening to me and I was still here. It was dark when we got into the hotel room but I now looked out the window through the furniture and saw that it was a beautiful day. Somehow I felt safe again and decided to step out of the hotel room and see if I could find my dream friends. I went to the manager's room and found a young boy playing out in front of the manager's room. I asked the boy, "May I speak to your parent?" The boy got his Dad who was the manager of the hotel but the manager was different than before. He was an older man that had a grease monkey look to him. Like he was a born redneck of the south. I sinced that this was a very good man. I asked him if he had seen my friends and told him there names, which I can't remember either. He said he didn't know any people by that name and that the only hotel resdident there was me. I looked up at the hotel's name(I really wish I could remember the name because I remember looking at it). I wanted to see if it was the same hotel name I had been at the night me and my dream friends got there. Sure enough it was the same exact name of the hotel I had stayed in with my friends the night before. This lead me to the conclusion that I had been "taken" after all. "They" transported me to an alternate reality or another dimension or universe that was similar to the original one I was from but with some minor differences. The hotel did look a little different and the manager was different as well. I knew my friends were alright and were living "elsewhere" as I had been so I stopped worrying about them after that. The dream ended as I recall after this realisation.

This was a truely wonderful dream for me. I have never had a dream that delved into a concept so deep as this one. I really feel like there was somebody or something that was teaching me a lesson through a dream that there is more than one set reality. Not just the universe we live in but that there are multiple universes and different realities similar yet much different than the one we live in everyday. I sure have been getting alot more dreams about "them" lately.

Maybe the dream world is actually the reality that the mind and soul itself exsists in. Maybe dreams are as real as the physical world I am in right now. Maybe the only reason the dream world seems less real than the physical one is because I am so familiar with the physical that I have forgotten how to function in other realities, in other planes of exsistence. What if the physical reality can be manifested just as much as the dream world can and we have forgotten or are prevented from learning how to do this? This is all speculation of course. This dream has made my mind soak in it.

I'm starting to ramble on so i'll stop. Hehe. Thanks for listening.

Thomas

Post Number: 3898
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

VERY interesting, Brandon. Dreams like that can be mind-boggling. Sometimes they haunt me for days, even weeks, afterwards.

Yours sounds like such a dream.

I wonder some of the things you were speculating about too. Just what IS "real"?

I think I know, but do I? Do we?

Brandon

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 9:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So true, Thomas. I like your signature. To question is the main reason we are here on this Earth, I believe. That is why I don't get why so many people think they know it all. If we had all the answers to every question than what a dreadfully boring exsistence this would be. To question, is being. To quit questioning would be the same as ceasing to exsist. How will you ever learn anything new again if you know everything already? Nearly everytime there is an answer it is accompanied by at least one or more questions. An everlasting cycle of knowledge that never ends. Maybe there is no true answer to be found, only questions. Maybe that is the answer to everything. Then again, I'm probably all wrong.

LOL. Less than a year ago I would of never talked or even gave any thought to this kind of stuff. My, oh my, how things change.

slw
Advanced Member
Username: slw

Post Number: 484
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brandon, Your description of how dream reality may exist is alot like I've thought of it. Some dreams seem to be too real, like we've gone into another reality. Those are the dreams that I'm interacting with others and in another life.

The dreams where I'm observing and not participating but only watching scenes before me are the ones that seem precognitive. Just an observation of mine, could be true or not.

Thomas

Post Number: 3900
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sometime I hope you'll tell us what changed your mind, Brandon.

For many years, I made for myself almost a "cottage industry" out of denial—"the question" was just to much for me to bear, so I settled for "cheap certainty" instead. (From time to time I still fall into that trap, but I do try to remain aware of the trap's existence now.) Sometimes I think both "believers" and "skeptics" settle for similar "cheap certainty"—it feels like an easier path than to bear "the question."

Brandon

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 10:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

slw,

I too have dreams that seem more than a dream. It really makes me wonder.

Thomas,

What changed my outlook were some strange sightings of hovering aircraft on a particular night coming home from work. you can read my profile if you want to read my sighting and the possible explanations I have for it. I have seen these very strange flying aircraft every single night since then but I just think they are military aircraft(there are 3 military bases in San Antonio where I live) however, I still question that. Nevertheless, This strange event did something to me in an unexpected way. It made me open my eyes to infinite possiblities. It made me question things that I am not used to questioning and for that I am grateful. No matter what these aircraft are.

I am saving up for a good digital video camera so I can see what these things look like on film because photo's dont show how these things move and come out looking like lights of a regular aircraft or don't come out at all. I want to see what these things move like outside of my own vision before I make any concrete conclusions. It's probably nothing though and I feel foolish even suggesting that they are strange. But they are or else they would not have me so confused.

That is what I believe is the reason for this change in thinking. A few strange moving lights and the kid goes wild!

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1432
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

slw I know the dreams you mean..
and I guess it is what it is when
your become aware of them..
You can't go back so you ride it out??
Qua da di

slw
Advanced Member

Post Number: 487
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, Yes, and while the dream is going on, it all seems normal. It's only when we wake up that we realize and wonder who those people are that we know in the dreams. In reality we've never seen them before. Strange but interesting.

brandon, I read your experience in your profile and it sounds like more than Air Force. In fact, very exciting! Especially the way the aircraft seemed to be zoning in on you. Sometimes they seem to tease people like that. I hope you're able to get them on camera soon!

opal

Post Number: 832
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a strange dream. I dreamt of a room filled with naked people being paired up.

Either I'm a breeder or I need to get laid.
lol

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 69
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

opal - get laid and you will have 50% of it covered. Ha Ha

Damon

Post Number: 70
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 8:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A strange thing has been happening to me lately while dreaming. I hear a voice talking to me right before I awake. It seems to be coaching me about my dreams and actions within the dream. This morning it was telling me to take my level of awareness up and down and I did. A few nights before that I heard the words "you will wake right now" and my eyes opened. Another night I did something in a dream and I heard "now should you really be doing that?" I felt embarrassed and before I could reply it said "good." I was going to say no.

opal

Post Number: 872
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lol, Damon that's very Machiavellian of you; cover the bases. (No pun intended.)
The dream lovers are better anyway.

Tell your guide to let you sleep!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, I'm waiting for my version of that voice to kick in! Any idea what triggered it?

Damon

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

opal - I do have a mischievous side I battle on a regular basis

Tadpole - I have no idea what triggered it. I do however feel much more exhausted in mornings now.

Hale
Advanced Member

Post Number: 233
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 12:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, at least cover 3rd base, and you are golden.
"No Guru, no method, no teacher, Just you and I and nature"- Van Morrison

opal

Post Number: 911
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 3:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We are stardust, we are golden,
We are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.
-Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young

Damon

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You guys are showing your age....

opal

Post Number: 929
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lol, I tuned in for one of Damon's flying dreams.

Young whipper snapper, let me tell you about the fine wood architecture of the Elizabethan era, all lost to fire and time before you were a twinkle in your father's eye.

The minimalism of caves. lol

John
Advanced Member

Post Number: 270
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 4:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed this morning I was in my old garage at my house we sold and was sitting at my wheel throwing a pot. And sitting there I looked up and saw a beautiful naked angel. The angel smiled at me and communicated something and I felt this love come over me.

I love this being and always have felt I have known them always. Bizarre I know but the dream people are very real for me. Always have been.

Now I want to relate a bit of another dream. I picked up This blond woman and her sister n law and dropped the sister n law off some where and the blond took me to get a smoothie. They made it in a special way with a hand mixer and a paper plate but I chose a strange combination to put in to it like bannoca almond joys and gummy bears. The more like a dq blizzard then a smoothie. She went on ahead of me and I met her on a patio and she related to me 2 things we had met when we were 15 and as we looked across the street the old coffee house had a sign on the lawn that said fire house 17. Anyway she told me to try the smoothie and I did and it tasted like nothing I ever tasted before she smiled at me then I smiled back as the creamy ice-cream concoction slid down. Oh ya I was driving the jeep and it had been snowing and she wiped the snow and frost away and the snow and ice on the ground disappeared as well. A lovely person showing me kindness in the dream.

Damon

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have had dreams like that as well. Where you feel very strong emotions for someone in the dream that you do not know in the waking world. There is a woman that I dream of from time to time that makes my heart ache in the morning and I miss her for days after.......strange

John
Advanced Member

Post Number: 274
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 12:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ya me too. my heart aches for the angel. but it seem too be the way of it.

but sometimes you meet the most cool people or beings in the dream. and i always am cheered up by that. like you may never see them again but it dont matter some how.

opal

Post Number: 963
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 9:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a long involved instruction dream last night. I don't remember all the details, but at one point I approached a house where people were gathering.

Everyone was going there to see Jimi Hendrix play. I managed to squeeze into the room where Jimi was jamming and I had to stand on some boxes to see his hands.

His hands were moving so fast I couldn't follow his picking. I thought, isn't that just the aliens. Now you see them, now you don't.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 666
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As you all know, we can't believe everything we see and hear, now can we?

- Up From the Sky
/the song by Jimi Hendrix

slw

Post Number: 506
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John & Damon, Your dreams remind me of a story I once read in a book. An angel tied the ends of an invisible silvery thread to the hearts of two individuals. They were joined together always and when they were apart the thread would tug at the hearts. It wasn't necessarily a good thing as it could sometimes cause heartache. A bit unusual but similar to what you've described.

John
Advanced Member

Post Number: 278
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thats a pretty story slw. i love it. like a hans christian anderson type story. i always find meaning in them. but its weird you really dont understand them untill you pass 40. boy did i learn that this year. nathanial hathorn always had meaning for me too.

i have no dreams to relate i just wanted to respond to ya slw