Archive through September 11, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through September 11, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 1914
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 6:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's the problem, with food storage (even a few weeks) things begin to run out, with cold winters, people would have to migrate to southern climates, if they survived the trip, they would have to become workers of the land, day-laborers. And with little or no skills, they would die off, leaving only those who know how to run a farm, the ability to survive. Does anyone still know how to sew, knit and crochet to make clothes, or know how to tan leather to make boots/shoes? Those will be the first things to go, as our society has only produced items that are designed to be thrown away in 2-5 years, rather than last a lifetime.

Can you cane a chair, carve a chest of drawers? Build a house?

Interesting when we start really talking about "end-times" how totally dependant we are on so many people to feed, clothe and house us.

Hale
Intermediate Member
Username: hale

Post Number: 138
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 8:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Too many weak links.

It'll be interesting to see how it works its way out. Hopefully not the worst case scenario. Maybe a few good surprises thrown in.

John
Advanced Member
Username: john

Post Number: 205
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you all make me think on the dreams I have of being told I need to get goats and learn to make shoes and soap. it discourages me when I get these they are worse then the invasion dreams with the ever changing face of the so called enemy that we are told are our enemies at the time.

one dream was when my step father had waited for the last minute to leave an area that was going to be invaded. it was reoccurring for years. we were stuck and razor wire went up and we were guarded at gun point. first south Americans the Chinese now middle easterners.

frankly I donít believe it. but the images in the dream for years were hard to take.

but on a lighter note last night I dreamed of color dancing across my vision field like light on the water how it ripples and makes a pattern. also I was talking to an old friend in that dream too. who I have no clue but we knew one another and were happy to talk and were laughing.

been in a great mood all day despite I have a headache and stiff back. its the weirded thing

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1918
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Perhaps it only requires us to find one thing, that can be used as "exchange." Bartering services for food etc. If each family had one skill or a group of skills they were interested in, passionate about, that is being "saved" down through the ages, (such s knitting, animal husbandry, orchard care, etc.)
We don't all have to have every skill, just a few.

Just a sparkle of sunshine on the water (reminds me of the old "Sky" album Rod McKuen made years ago)....
THE TIME OF NOON

When the old memories you call back to help you do the things that will put you to sleep don't work anymore, and even the aphrodisiac of magazines doesn't help, and there is no place to go and no one to call, try thinking about the sun. The way it catches in the trees sometimes, the way it follows you while riding in a car, the way it plays in the hair of strangers on the beach, the way it runs behind the rudder of a boat, the way it climbs hills in the morning.

Think about the time of noon, when everybody's just a little crazy. Remember that the cliffs are white and steep.. You'll grow tired climbing them, so - go slow. The sun is years away from going down and we've got time to watch it every mile. There won't be any moon tonight and this is the time of noon.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 5:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab those words the sun imagery reminds of
when my ex and I first moved into this apartment.We have a beautiful view from
here and as the seasons were changing we
both had a little bet as to the spot the
sun would reach before it went totally
down..
It was fun .. we watched for months
he ended up winning .. one of our good
memories :-)

graciesmom
Advanced Member
Username: jmb

Post Number: 273
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 8:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

DD was having trouble falling asleep last night. I was listening to an old C2C with Linda Moulton Howe from July where she's interviewing the guy who talked to the flight surgeon who observed the autopsy at Wright-Patterson. KARMA! They even played "MacArthur Park" as one of the bumper songs! At long last, my obsession with Richard Harris and UFOs crossed paths! Ignore me: I'm weird.

When DD came in, I asked her if the content of the show was scaring her, she said no, but I put on my old illegal Napster files instead. Soon she fell asleep, and so did I.

After a while, I became aware of a repeated "song" or tone. Soon I realized it was an owl hooting five notes over and over. I cannot repeat them too well here, but it was like: hoo hoo hoo hoo HOO! over and over. I remember laying there, not able to move (hmmmm) thinking how I had seen the owl outside my window during the day for over a week before my mother died in 2005. On the last day, it opened and closed its mouth SEVEN TIMES, then flew off. Seven days later, my mother was dead. I lay there thinking, I'm the fifth child born in my family (second born in second set of fraternal twins; there is one last child after me). My 51st birthday is this Sunday on the 10th.

I have a memory of going to the open window and "talking" to the owl, but it's fuzzy after that. When my alarm went off, my very first question to DD was "DID YOU HEAR THE OWL?" and she shot upright and said "YES! It WASN'T A DREAM! It was IN THE ROOM!" I pressed her for more information, but she suddenly clammed up! I hope THIS "owl" is not a bad harbinger for ME!

opal
Username: albi

Post Number: 607
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 9:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It doesn't have to be a bad omen. I find owls reassuring. Owls see in the dark and can navigate through it. I've heard before that birds sometimes announce deaths; that's not their only message though.

Powerful bird - Owls. That's an interesting experience with an owl.

(Message edited by albi on September 05, 2006)

graciesmom
Advanced Member

Post Number: 276
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I also just realized that I don't remember shutting my window last night, but now it's shut! What other messages do they convey, opal?

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 3025
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

gracies

is there any native american in your background? just curious because for alot of cherokee, owl is not a good sign. owl always shows up to my friend before a death. not that they bring death, but they prepare you. we all don't feel that way. owl happens to be my totem and has been a good sign.

also '7' is sacred to us. the combination in your 'dream' is curious.

opal

Post Number: 608
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 2:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here is some interesting info on owls.

"Owl medicine can help a person to extract secrets, to see that which is hidden in the darkness and is very powerful for soul retreivals for this reason. Many shamans, psychic healers and mediums have owl medicine either as a primary totem or can call upon one as needed. They can see clear through to the core reason for any type of imbalance and then they can spot the proper medicine needed to heal the imbalance."

And this is coincidental - with 7 days:

"Chakra - Root, Crown
Essential Oil - Rosemary, Lime, Cinnamon
Chant - Ti mah su
Planet - Pluto
Other Supportive Measures - Write a letter to a loved one who has passed over or light a candle for them for 7 consecutive days. Look back at some of the "deaths" in your life, how have they helped you to become the person you are today? .., Make up your own ritual for this and follow your own inner knowing or call upon Owl to help show you the way."

opal

Post Number: 609
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If you're going to do a soul retrieval that involves time travel, don't let the soul hear the gray's talk during re-incarnation - it's like a running sports commentary from the tough-love furies.

(Don't ask me where that came from, must be a poem.)

Nina
Intermediate Member
Username: nina

Post Number: 190
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Two vivid dreams, one night after another, this week.

The fist night, I dreamed I was at a kind of convention (I never go to any). It was a venue with predominantly amber colored wood interior and I was somehow helping in the organisation. I approached a group of women, one of them was chatting to someone now moving away, and she said to the person "Let me read you a quote!" and she opened her hand where a quote was written and read it to this person. They both seemed really happy about it. I don't know what the quote was, but my job was to get this quote lady to come inside the auditorium.

We went inside the auditorium and from the (glass?) doors, positioned in the centre, I could see a stage, and seating arranged in kind of a horse shoe with an aisle leading to the stage. It was all in that amber wood. The seats were not moveable, they were built in the hoseshoe...like kinda rows of seating inside the horseshoe shape. That's all I remember.

My dream last night was a 'nice' one, in that I had a romantic interest and we were getting to know each other. We were walking around discussing our kids (he had 15 year old twin girls and a 13 year old girl, marriage ended or maybe his wife had died...) and I was talking about, of all things, some surgery I had that has caused me some minor problems since. We were outside, but walking along ramps and stairways, until we sat down near a wall and some kids with their teacher approached us, and walked on their way past us to somewhere else. I was saying friendly 'hi's' to some of the kids and felt I knew some of them. I was aware that me and the guy had to part soon and that made me sad, and then I woke from the alarm going off. I remembering this dream very well, but the guy? I woke thinking he had a bluish grey suit on, broadish shoulders, dark hair, was tallish and handsome...and yet I can't recall his face or his name.

Auditorium dreams and not seeing faces of someone I am interacting with in dreams always make me think twice.

Nina
"Sometimes we find the message; other times the message finds us, and sometimes we ARE the message."

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1924
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Secret School?

Nina
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 191
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi L.A.B

That thought crossed my mind about the kids in my dream, but I don't know. I know their teacher was with them, but I can't remember her face. I got the impression she wasn't happy about me saying hi...

I DO recall one of the little girls faces...I think there was something wrong with her eyes...OMG. As I typed that, I KNOW the significance of just blurting something like that. I remember her eyes as blue/grey, but they seemed to be set wrong in her face maybe too far apart and slanting, but downwards...her head seemed large and I think it kinda looked...well deformed in some way. I said a particularly friendly hi to her, but she just looked sullenly back. She was wearing a little blue checked dress.

I am in Australia and I have not yet read anything about Aussies involved in Secret Schools. Doesn't mean it can't happen though. This first dream, I should have said...I woke just before the alarm...I hardly ever do that.

The auditorium dream bothers me. I know I was involved somehow in organising the event. At one point at the start of the dream I am standing there admiring the foyer, set up with a little table with a vase of flowers on it. Women are arriving and mingling in the foyer. They mostly seem short like me. And even the quote lady I go get, I don't recall her face, but she had dark blond, somewhat teased or messy shoulder length hair and she was maybe in her fifties.

The thing is, like most people I don't always have such detailed dreams, and I can't usually recall conversations like the ones mentioned here or seemingly unimportant details...why bother remembering a vase of flowers on a table?
"Sometimes we find the message; other times the message finds us, and sometimes we ARE the message."

Gemini
Advanced Member
Username: gemini

Post Number: 301
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have noticed something odd about my dreams lately, and I'm wondering if they've always been like that and if other people experience it too. When I have a dream and think back on it, it consists of things that I've recently seen, heard, thought about, saw on tv, etc., all put together to make a 'story'. Sometimes an element in the dream is something simple - like one day my husband and I were walking across a parking lot and I saw our car in the distance and so that scene of the car being in the distance ended up in my dream. Or an element might be more complex - today I had a nap and dreamed and I dreamed of someone I haven't seen for a long time. I couldn't think right away of why he would be in my dream, but then I started to think about I'd recently mentioned something about Gettysburg to my husband, and he had mentioned something about cannons and my mind put that together and put this person into my dream because the guy is a civil war re-enactor!
So now I'm wondering if my dreams have always been like that - has my mind always taken the things I've seen, heard, thought about and made 'stories' and I just didn't realize it before? Do other people experience this, too?

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1264
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 6:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gemini..most of the "normal" dreams I have
are of things I've encountered through out
the day - week.. or someone I was thinking
about or work with..I dream alot ..
Then there are the "visit" dreams that are
totally different..I'm tired of talking
about them at the moment..they have that
effect on me..
I "BURN OUT" when I discuss them..

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 819
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 6:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nina that dream about the school and the fella , I think that might be a precognitive dream in that the detail is there... more so than if it had just resulted from day residue .. so note the details just journal that one.
The school could've been for children with disabilities.
The fella ..lol.. you've yet to meet him.. then you'll know.

graciesmom
Advanced Member

Post Number: 278
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 7:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, absolutely no native American in my background, but a lot of Scots-Irish, whom I've heard are very prone to being abducted. opal, I may try what you suggested.

Last night was a wild night, with a SCREECH owl calling all night, plus some AWFUL, unknown bird call I can't even begin to describe. My daughter and I have also heard this bird during the day.

Nina et al, the auditorium/school/mall dreams are a staple of mine. The weird part is, there are never any chairs! I, too, can never quite see the faces. Gettysburg, here in PA, is TERRIBLY haunted, and some of the best ghost pictures EVER have come out of there, and even been posted on C2C. These poor young men died a quick, traumatic death, and I believe they don't even know they are dead.

Nina
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 193
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 9:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

brown, did you know I am a teacher when you wrote that? I can't recall from reading here...are you psychic? Gee it would be nice if it was a dream of the future! But then the *SNAP* I got when I was talking about the little girl's eyes bothers me.

I have had a few precognitive dreams in the past, and one I believe was occurring in real life as I dreamed it. That was a very, very scary experience which I might write about tomorrow (close to bedtime here). Maybe I have written about it before...I will check before posting.

gemini, yes I have that kind of thing happen all the time, but those dreams above were not from anything in my life that I can pinpoint. Just last week I had a passing thought about seeing a friend the next day, and I had a long dream about her.

gracies, yep, I have had quite a few dreams of the auditoriums and malls too. This is the first auditorium dream that has hit me with such detail, but a few of the mall ones are very vivid...and it is weird but a feature of these kind of dreams seems to be stairs, escalators, ramps. I am always travelling up or down to get somewhere.

And gracies, I am Scottish born so I also have Celtic roots. Most of my family go back to Ireland (I am doing my family tree as a hobby).

opal

Post Number: 635
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sometimes I think the Druids must have made successful contact.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1929
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nina, your reaction to the 'dream' seems to be one of you being the "student" in the Secret School, not the teacher.

Nina
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 194
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 7:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi L.A.B,

Which dream were you referring to?

Well, when I thought about the Secret School, I was referring to the children I saw, not exactly ME being a student there, although obviously I was in conversation with this guy and may have been taught something. I can only recall talking about our lives a little bit. I did recall last night another scene in that dream where we were in a restaurant, we were lined up to pay, people behind us also waiting. There was a high table and this guy put his 'wallet' (looked more like a purse) on it to get money out, but left the wallet there and turned his back on it to pay. I picked it up, slightly bemused that he would be so careless. This seemed to be at the beginning of the dream. Logically I am thinking why would there be a lot of people leaving at once, hence the big line of people waiting to pay? See, this is what alerts me that perhaps these dreams were more than the usual dream...I can't even recall what I dreamed about last might, except in teeny fragments.

The auditorium dream is more like a teaching dream (not that I saw any of the events actually taking place in the auditorium) but that may be my mind associating the auditorium setting with lecture halls.

brown

Post Number: 824
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 9:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

no nina I didnt know that you're a teacher all I've noticed here is you're over in ditch there in Oz..right. (nzer here)
you ever learned sign language..?
I'm just guessing as in not psychic just pick up stuff about folks sometimes.

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 964
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"ditch"? More Down-Under slang?
Does anybody know of a *denser* food source of potassium than blackstrap molasses?

Nina
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 195
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmmm...ditch? Lol, I have never heard it called that before. No waxy, we just say we are 'down under'.

I did learn a kind of sign language for a year, not indepth, just what I needed to know in order to teach twins who had invented their own language between themselves before coming to school. I learned the technique via their speech therapist. In order to get them to form specific sounds, I used signs which is supposed to remind the child what to do with his tongue in speech, as these little guys had never learned any of the correct sounds in English speech. Don't ask me how that happened...their mum was a very concerned and involved parent, and they had two older brothers. They were learning to speaking pretty well by the end of that year.

brown

Post Number: 826
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

my bad I meant to write 'over the ditch' just means the sea between Oz n Nz..lol.
Hey interesting Nina that you have that background sign language..maybe want to explore taking that further.

Nina
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 10:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh yeah, the weird dream I referred to above...

I was sitting in a plane on the left side. I could look out the window and see the wing a bit behind me. Suddenly a 'round thing' as my mind told me in the dream and later in describing it to my Mum, fell off the wing. The plane began veering heavily to the left and the next thing I know I am on the ground, there is a blinding flash of light and an explosion, and I heard a little kid say "Mummy! Mummy!". I woke up in a fright.

Next morning I told my Mum about it, and went about my day. About 6pm that evening the news was on. My Mum was outside bringing in washing from the clothesline. After I watched for a bit, I was the one screaming for my mother. I ran outside and told her that what I had dreamed about was on the tv. She was shocked, but she put it down to my being psychic from an early age. Like I wanted to see stuff like that...!

They described a plane crash in Chicago, which had killed all aboard. It had crashed shortly after take off because the left engine had come off.

I kinda calculated at the time that I was dreaming it would have been close to the time of the event actually happening. And I have read on the net and in one book I own that for some reason this particular plane crash had a lot of people claiming to have dreamed about it. And some even say the crash site is haunted.

The date was May 25 1979, and you can find some references to it on the internet. Here's one link from Time.com discussing the cause of the crash:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,920395,00.html

A guest of George Noory's also had a dream, but three days before the event:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2004/02/23.html

There is a link on the page describing the crash in more detail.

This dream is the reason that I tried to block my psychic awarenesses for about fifteen years afterwards. It scared me SO bad! I though, in my 18 year old mind (at the time) kinda way "If I am gonna see crap like that, which I can do nothing about, I don't WANT to be psychic!!!"

(Message edited by nina on September 06, 2006)

Hale
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 161
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 2:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a rather disturbing dream last night. It was as if I stepped into another person's life, or dream. Pretty atypical scenario, at least for me.

I was with a woman who was my wife, but she was not my wife (short and brunette with curly hair---my wife in real life is tall and redheaded). We drove up to what I think was a hardware store. We were there to kill one of the guys who worked there, or who owned the store. We cased the place first to see who was there. We then went out to the car and there was a rifle in the car with a small package which I think were the bullets.

We went into the store and I was carrying the gun. I walked in like I was trying to be nonchalant. Everyone noticed me when I walked into the store with the gun in a cloth bag. I walked over to where I thought I had seen the guy we were supposed to shoot, over by the paint area, I think. Someone walked up to me and asked me in a concerned voice if I needed some help. I stood there for a moment, feeling like my plan was unravelling. I asked if they did gun repair, and the person said that I should wait there and they would get someone to help me. I glanced back toward the front of the store where my "wife" was and gave her a look like I wanted to get out of there. At some point the gun was out of the bag and I was looking at it, and moving the cylinder in the chamber. We both began to leave the store quickly, and as I glanced over I saw the guy I was supposed to be shooting. Small guy. He looked concerned, and he had several people standing around him behind a counter, like he knew what was up.

It seemed like we went back into the store, but the details are not totally clear. Later, my "wife" comes back and I ask her where she has been all this time and she tells me she has been out gambling, or perhaps buying lottery tickets or the like. She says she has just won $4,000.00 and I am amazed at this. As we walk out, there is this odd shift and I am aware that we turn and look back and we see the couple but as they will be 20 years or more later. They are both older and grey, and both look short. Maybe in their mid to late 60's.

Pretty yucky feel to it. Maybe it is the full-ish moon....

hazel mclane
Advanced Member
Username: wordspeak

Post Number: 273
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

this is not where i need to post this dream, but to keep the thread about dreams, i give my bit.
2 years ago this message was printed about other life forms.
"all day my heart has been heavy as i had a prophetic dream last night.
about being led around the planet by beings that i cannot describe fully, at this time, except to say--they exist,but on and in different elements
than humans do.
i was shown great destruction that had been done througe the years to theirs and other living species that are different than us, but occupying much of the same space as we do.
i cry as i write this as it hurts so much.
many of these species are more intelligent than we, yet very fragile.
for me to understand what they were showing and telling, they formed outlined human forms to express themselves with others.
i was shown how our unhealthy and polluted world looked like and how it had affected them and how it has destroyed so many.
i saw how and where all the tests of firearms and bombs had destroyed many of their species.
their species are a purpose to us as we are all tied in destiny togather, we are a purpose and have this connection.
the hate and fighting going on in this world is causing...for understanding of a right word ...melting of elements that benefit them and us....the elements being them.
i saw clouds raing down upon this world , crumbling the earth within,
i did not get a feeling of what to do except...pity, have pity.
this may be strange to many, yet i was compelled to try to write this.i have not been able to get many of the images to an understanding language or level. yet it may come"

opal

Post Number: 658
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 7:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Today
when I put tobacco down
Water flew out of my eyes
and my chest seized.
I started sobbing
and then couldn't breathe
when I stuffed it.
Today belongs to Echo.
Little people come out of the trees
jump into my solar plexus
show me the green.
Just a split second understanding
moves so fast you have to stay still.
Or they cry with me.
Buried alive
a tree near a road
where they're planning to build.

Brandon
Username: who_am_i

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 9:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a very vivid dream two mornings ago. I was debating on whether to even post this but since this dream was so vivid I will go ahead and share. It is an embarassing dream.

The dream started when I saw two long fingered tan hands that looked like they were reaching towards me. Both of the hands had long fingernails that were the same color as the skin of the hands. When I looked at these hands I knew that it was the hands of a visitor, I don't know why I just knew at first. Very suddenly the hands dissapeared and out came what looked like a very white form that seemed to change in shape as it moved past me. For some reason I had a very hard time seeing the real shape of this thing. As it moved passed me I also got a glimpse of its face, but not so much the face, just two almond shaped black eyes. When I saw this form in it's entirety with those eyes I felt utter terror. It is very hard to describe this feeling. When I realised how frightened I had become I tried to run, to get away, anything to feel better but I could not. The white form was saying something to me in my head but I could not understand what it was saying to me. I then did something that is odd for me. I screamed, "In Jesus's name I pray!"(I am not religious) As soon as I said that I became less afraid and more aware of what was going on around me. I was on my bed and could only slightly move my arms and torso. This part is very embarassing so I will try to say this. I had something up my rectum and this thing was trying to push it further into me. I managed to grab this thing out of me only to have it inserted into me again. I could FEEL this object thing go into me, it hurt and was extremely uncomfortable. This is the first dream I have ever had that I could actually physically feel what was happening, besides some dreams I had as a kid. And that terror I had experienced felt VERY real and vivid.

I woke up becuase I was hot so I tried to turn on the fan next to my bed. It would not turn on. I then realised that the air conditioner was off and the clock on my radio was off as well. I got up and went into the living room and all of the other clocks were out in the house including the grandfather clock. I checked the refridgerator and that was off too. The ice was half melted in the freezer. I figured there was a power outage and went back to sleep so I have no idea what time in the morning I woke up. It was a beautiful sunny day though. When I woke up next, the clock by my bed was back to normal and it said 5:00 PM. The rest of the clocks were fine accept the Grandfather clock which had to be reset. The stuff in the fridge and freezer seemed to be ok. I got dressed and went to work shortly after.

The dream itself was short and that is all I remember of it. The dream was far more weird than the way I described it but I tried to describe it the best way I could. I feel fine physically and mentally. I have never had any previous weird experiences that I know of. This was probably the most vivid dream I have ever had besides these wonderful flying dreams I had as a kid.

Anyways, it was a powerful dream and I thought I would share it. Thanks for listening.

hazel mclane
Advanced Member

Post Number: 276
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 9:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

those aliens have a fasination with human [tale].
enjoyed your post brandon.
i never remember these big black eyed [people?]
i know that i had an implant and maybe 2 and still have something in one nostril.
it seems most of my encounters looked human and treated me great.

Brandon

Post Number: 48
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 10:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I figure the dream was brought on by the research I have done on the subject of UFO's over the past year. It has been a mild obsession of mine for awhile now. It was only a matter of time before I had this kind of dream with how much thought I have put into the subject.

I really wish I could delete the probe part of my post as it can be offensive to people that have actually been through this terrible experience.

My apologies to anyone who was offended by my post. As I said the dream was vivid and I decided to post all that I remembered of it.

hazel mclane
Advanced Member

Post Number: 279
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 6:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it is okey brandon. probably the best thing you ever did, as you made yourself present what you thought was offensive. bless you and yours.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 6:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brandon, grandfather clocks don't run on electricity. What you describe doesn't sound like a dream to me, especially the part about the physical feelings. It could be that you became interested in UFO's because of some personal experiences that were hidden before.

susi t learn

Post Number: 3098
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 8:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

this isn't much to report, but i felt it had to be recorded.

i woke up in the middle of the night knowing i had dreamed something but couldn't remember what. only that it left me with an anxious feeling of 'something's going to happen'.

a few minutes later, bryn woke up and told me he had a bad dream. when he wakes up this morning, i'll see if he can remember the details.

pretty vague i know.

Brandon

Post Number: 49
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 9:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hazel,

Bless you and yours too. :-)

Southern Cross,

Good point about the Grandfather clock. I can't believe I forgot about that. I run into that Clock at night in the dark all the time so that could be what stopped the clock, and the Grandfather clock stopped at 4:00-ish so I probably did bump it on the way to bed. It does'nt usually stop though.

I actually have been interested in strange phenomenon most of my life. Just this year I have been more interested in the subject than I normally am as a result of lights I see in the sky at night frequently. I have tried to debunk the lights(As you can see in my profile) but I still can't explain some things about them(like hovering and abrupt changes in direction). I still see these aircraft almost every night on the way home. I saw one last night that puzzled me. Who knows?

Can people physically feel sensations in dreams? I thought it might be common in vivid dreams, I don't usually have them. Then again, as I said before, I did have recurring dreams when I was a kid where I could physically feel the wonder that is flying. I remember that I had to concentrate in the center of my body until I started floating, then It would become easier over time until I could control flight completely and was high above the city. The feeling itself was pure ecstasy, and it truly felt like I was free of all restraints. I hope I can fly again in the future, maybe when I am between lives. I think that is where I remembered to fly in my dream in the first place because it felt very real and familiar, like I have flown before.

The recent visitor dream did'nt feel like a dream but it did at the same time if that makes any since. It is almost like I was between the physical world and the dream world. Could that be possible? I did'nt feel any pain when I woke up or afterwards.

I live in the City right now but am moving to New Mexico temporarily in a woody area on a mountain right near White Sands. So I'm kind of hoping that this was just a vivid dream as I don't think I could handle a real confrontation with anything that frightening.

My Step Mother is a relative of Loretta Proctor who, as a girl, got to see the wreckage of the Roswell crash and was the neighbor to the farmer where the supposed saucer crashed. I might get a chance to talk to her and am excited about it. :-)

Anyways, I'm tired and have been rambling. I'll stop now. Hehe.

Have a good one.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1992
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had two dreams, the first is significant somehow as the words "Modesto, California" was said over and over (earthquake??) and Elton John was playing there.

The second dream had me meeting an old school chum (who in real life had just appeared at a SF convention, a week ago, didn't go, but know he was a guest, had worked on Trek as guest star on two occasions) who was eating at a restaurant I was eating at, we met and hugged, talked a bit...then on the counter, there appeared a box of gerbils and one hamster. They were cute, but as the dream progressed they escaped into the hotel, was trying to help personel capture them, but they keep "breeding" and escaping. It was a maze of rooms with beds to look under, cupboards, doors etc. etc. The end was the exterminator, I had saved a box full of gerbils and one hamster, but all the rest were destroyed along with a salamander, bugs and other "critters." (Wonder if this is a "parable" about our status?? A few saved and the rest "exterminated??")

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 1:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brandon,
I've always had the flying dreams, too. isn't it such a wonderful, free feeling? As to your "dream," it sounds very similar to a "dream" I had about ten years ago. Same sense of pain, which I don't feel in normal dreams, and the same sense of lucid dreaming. It was such a vivid abduction experience that I thought, geesh, I've been reading too many books about this stuff. Maybe our brains don't recognize how to interpret certain experiences, so they lump them into the dream experience. Why don't you post the dream under the UFO experiences thread?

sharon
Intermediate Member
Username: sharon

Post Number: 109
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 1:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brandon, that is so cool to know these people. When I was a child of 8, My family and I had a close encounter in the White Sands area.
You hear about all of the stories of the area, and sometimes the confusion that comes with the truth, and the non-truth can cloud your eyes.

Here a couple of years ago, met a man who's father told his family about Roswell, he was in the Air Force. He told him no matter what news came out on the tv. This was a true event. Over the years he would come home and tell them about the sightings.
In the area you are going there is many strange things going on. You should read Charles Hall books on the tall whites in the area.
Better to know whats in the area.

Brandon

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 8:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L.A.B.,

That is an interesting dream you had. I often have maze type dreams and they can be so confusing to me.

Southern Cross,

Yes they are wonderful dreams. :-) I would post this experience in the UFO board but since this dream is rather embarassing and it was hard enough to write about it the first time I think I will leave the topic here for now until I have more to draw from this particular experience. So far it was just a vivid dream to me. I would not want to make a mountain out of a molehill like I did with these lights in the sky. If anything else happens or something else is remembered about the dream I will surely report it on the proper board.

Sharon,

Thank you very much for the tall white information. I am researching it now. Indeed it is better to know what strangeness lies near the area you live in. I was quite suprised at the phenomenon that happens in the Olmos Basin Park right near me. After reading "The Secret School" I asked my Mother who lived in San Antonio most of her life whether or not she knew of any people that had similar strange experiences around the same time Whitley had his as a kid. Sure enough she asked some of her friends and found quite a few people that had unexplainable experiences as children around the same time as Whitley's Secret School. One of my Mother's friends actually knows Whitley and Anne through their Goddaughter and her mother. Small world aint it. :-)

slw
Advanced Member
Username: slw

Post Number: 474
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, Did you get any details from your son? Maybe the two of you shared a dream!

Night before last, I had a weird dream. I told it to my husband after he got up but I failed to write it down. Now I barely remember it and he surely doesn't! But it keeps nagging me so here goes:

I enterred an odd building, no windows, the floor was messy like melted sludge, an inner door was open but I moved the door and when I did a body wrapped like a cocoon was in the slush behind the door. My doctor came in but acted like he didnt see me and I felt it important that he not see me! I went back out through another room and discovered three or more bodies, wrapped cocoon fashion. The faces of the bodies were exposed and mostly seemed female but I didn't recognize any of them. A lady who works in the deli at Walmart was there and as she looked at me, I quickly left. As I walked down the street, two pick-up trucks passed me. A lady in the first one looked at me and said "Call 911?" to which I replied "Yes, call 911!"

I probably dreamed the 911 part because of the upcoming 9/11 anniversary but I'm not buying anything else from that deli and I'm not going back to that doctor either. Silly dream, I guess, but I feel like it had meaning.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's cool, Brandon. I understand that it was embarassing. In my "dream" I felt like something was inserted into my cervix. It hurt like H*ll. We can chat about it here if you like. I like to characterize my experience as a lucid dream for my own comfort. I don't think it was, though/

susi t learn

Post Number: 3119
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

slw

no, because of his head injury, he has extreme short term memory loss. sometimes he'll get up and write them down. but if he doesn't...they're gone.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1052
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

White Sands, huh? My Dad was in the Army, and he was stationed around there for awhile. Here's a nifty little tale from my youth:

There was a resort area with dunes that our family would go to often. On one occasion I can remember going to a museum there, and I'm pretty sure I saw a display telling the story of a ghostly woman who would come out during sandstorms. Somehow I got the notion from this that if I drew a giant spider on a dune, a sandstorm would bring it to life in comparable fashion.

Now, I don't know if this next part was a dream or a vivid daydream or if it happened in reality, but I have this clear but fragmented mental image of myself drawing that spider outline on the very peak of a good-sized dune while seeing a dark, brooding storm rapidly approach before me. I also remember having a strong feeling that it would literally work.

It'd be neat if there was a metaphysical aspect to this that I've forgotten. I've heard kids are more open to this stuff...

(Message edited by waxtadpole on September 11, 2006)
"...I'm goin' to Hoag Land, Hoag Land..."

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1054
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll be darned if my memory doesn't find new ways to impress me! Thanks to you all, I thought of this old memory while online and realized I could do a Google to partly resolve it. Presto! The museum memory must be real:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84792417@N00/101931292/

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I actually choked up for a few moments, reading about "Pavla Blanca". I really was afraid this was a pure fantasy memory until now... Heck, I had to have been 4-5 years old or thereabouts!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 12:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm pretty impressed that my tiny self would be able to read/interpret the tale well enough at that age to remember it so long, as well as get the notion that this could translate into bringing a sand drawing to life. And why a spider, for gosh sakes? I HATED bugs as a kid!!!

Hale
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 182
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a "news" dream.

In the past, these kind of dreams have seemed to me to be 'important info' so I put it here. Between one dream sequence and another, my dead Grandmother shows up, and she is examining a piece of paper. She acts grave, or concerned. Then I am sitting in front of a t.v. and watching a news show. They are showing a piece of footage of what looks like a nuclear bomb going off. I am catching it midway through. I watch a large cloud suddenly expanding and rising upward. Color erupts from it like a bomb, and the cloud swells into what looks like a mushroom cloud. But then they play the footage backwards, and this is where it gets interesting.
The cloud implodes on itself in fast motion and it goes back to what it was when the clip starts. It isn't a nuclear bomb, its just clouds. It all goes back into being a large cluster of low lying cloud. It's as though someone is turning a cloud into something akin to a bomb.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 2005
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe I misheard, and it was Modesto, Mexico?? (The gulf had a 6.0 earthquake yesterday!!)

Ah well, it seems suddenly we are all "dreaming" when over the last few years, personally, I haven't had any that I remembered. It seems strange that all of a sudden, we are getting very peculiar dreaming going on.