Archive through September 04, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through September 04, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 627
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 4:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't know if it relates in any way, but prior to the above dream I saw myself disguised as a (Taliban?) and making two or three pathetic attempts at putting on a turban, while hearing a "voiceover". This voice wasn't quite intelligible except that I'm sure it was spouting some sort of extremist-Islamic nonsense in the form of a sermon.
Waxy is like an organic trail mix... 100% natural nuttiness!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 628
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 4:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, meeting place? I sure hope that includes meeting of human minds, given my own dreams of this morning! To think she remembered me would be reassuring...

(Message edited by waxtadpole on August 29, 2006)

opal
Advanced Member
Username: albi

Post Number: 473
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's neat Waxy. Sounds like you three are off to strange meeting places.

The last two nights I've dreamt the same thing. I'm being instructed in something. Both mornings I've woken up going over the instructions in my head as if to solidify them - must write them down.
But for some odd reason both mornings my paper and pen is missing and I remember it clearly only to forget it all in an instant by the time I come to write it down.
I have the sense it's pretty important and she's making it imprint by remembering/forgetting?
I know what it is but can't say it. - Or it's emotional knowledge.

nonmessy
Username: nonmessy

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I found in my email box an old email from July 17, 2006 I sent to a friend about dreams I had recently had concerning an airplane crashing on take off. In the most vivid dream (short version), that I recounted in detail in that email, my husband and I were at our local airport here in Lexington, KY, ready to go on vacation (which we will in two weeks), and I see a plane take off, but wobble, then crash near the terminal.

Sunday morning (8/27/06) a plane crashed on take-off in a field just a mile from Bluegrass airport, across town from us. I was too horrified about the tragedy Sunday to recall my email exchange with my friend but I kept having a nagging feeling that this was similar to a dream I had had recently, when I looked in my old emails this morning I found the detailed description of my dream and when it happened. It isnít perfect on the details, but closer than I would expect from chance. Before that dream I had had a couple of recurring dreams where my sister and I are on-hand to see a plane crash taking off from Cincinnati. All these dreams have been in recent months. I was thinking I was just nervous because we have planned this trip and I havenít flown in a while, but Iím not so sure I didnít pick up on something. Iím not psychic, and havenít been privileged to a lot of amazingly weird experiences, but I do have a strong empathic sence. I remember the dream was just awful, and the news on Sunday was just awful, this whole town is in mourning.

Hale
Intermediate Member
Username: hale

Post Number: 109
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy, I wonder if the girl not being able to respond to you was some kind of signal about her state of mind, whereas the guy was perhaps a little more lucid? Dunno, but if it were my dream, this would seem to me to be a signal as to her state of mind in some way.

Opal, I find the emotional knowledge to often be the hardest to get at, since for me, the symbols that often contain the emotional info remind me of clothes that don't always fit the wearer, if you know what I mean. It's like for me at least, I have to be able to recognize the stuff in its purer form and almost ignore the imagery, kinda like a poor man's game of charades. It also gets very convoluted and hard to know just what I am dealing with, how it relates to waking. For me that is the hard stuff since very often there is a lacking of context.

I was able to have a lucid dream after having taken a nap yesterday during the day (a rarity for me to actually get to nap). After waking up some from the short nap I was able to slip into a lucid dream where I watched a computer monitor changing colors for a few moments, thinking how this would not happen under normal circumstances. It kind of petered out after a few minutes and I thought what a waste, I could have done something much more constructive! Interesting thing was I was aware of looking at the backs of my eyelids and looking into this dream, an interesting sense of dual focus. I keep thinking about the device that sends you light signals that you are in REM and helps you "wake up" in the dream.

Later that night I felt less than tired, and so tried to do some work before going to bed. I suggested to myself that I would try and get at more info behind the dream I had about the fan blades in the alien craft I had seen, to see if I could flesh something from it, realizing all the while that since I am not a quantum mechanic, how would I internalize the information if I DID get something?

I then had a dream where I saw a stream that instead of getting bigger as it flowed along, it got smaller. I was driving up a hill and noticed how the stream was getting progressively bigger as I went up the hill, not smaller as I moved towards its source. I got out of the car and began walking up the stream. The headwaters of the creek was near a house. It looked Japanese. I walked in, and I am in a room that is a bath, right in the center of the building (instead of off to the side where bathrooms normally are). In this bath are three women whom I have known in personal relationships in the past. These three women were more than just relationships; I had learned a great deal from them in the time I knew them. In the context of the dream, they were each responsible for serving as a catalyst for some greater knowledge or information. I also did not recognize any of them. They were all getting ready to take a shower, but there were only two showers available. One of them was going to have to share. At this point, the dream abruptly ended.

So I am thinking about this dream and I note the possible connection to current flow going in a way that is contrary to how we normally would expect (getting less instead of more as other streams contribute to the current flow). Then the three women, acting as catalysts of some kind? I saw three fan blades in the older dream in the craft. One would have to share the water (current/power?) in the shower. Some shifting or configuration of current over these three people? Who knows. There was something special about the water when I walked in it. Also the road along this stream did not really exist in the real world. It led to a specific place (a short cut around town) that I was on my way to but encountered the stream and got sidetracked. Was the fact that these people were women be of any significance? If these women were acting as these fan blades or electromagnetic devices, what could this mean? A certain type of energy? Could it be that these people helped to catalyze energy in some way.....assuming that my suggestion that this is in any way on the mark (which I don't know that it is---only that it kind of struck me today that it could have related to my earlier dream suggestions).

And if not, I missed out on a great showering opportunity. Somehow, it just never entered my mind.

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 486
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Water is quite significant for emotions and sub-conscious. Hale, I find it quite funny that you dream of wasting your time watching the colors change on the computer screen. Sounds like waking life. lol

Some dreams just continue to have meaning after you have them. The Iroquois say that dreams are soul-wishes that ought to be respected and acted on. If the dream wish is unreasonably bizarre, you can just act.

Waxy, calls the little wimmens and if the wench is taken - the nymph pool awaits.

Silly frogs

(Message edited by albi on August 29, 2006)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 680
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 3:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, that maybe she was in a regular sleep state and he was in REM? That maybe, presupposing I did connect in some way, I almost connected to her and then bled over into a more receptive "reciever"? Intriguing.

I'd feel too intrusive, and direct contact seems just a bit too risky for my taste. I'd prefer she seek me the way I sought her, through our old HS...

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 488
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 9:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was flying around a kid again; I found a large palatial building. It looked like an antiquated court-house with large windows. I found a window that was open and flew in. There was a group of older men sitting around a large conference table.

One said - 'She's here'- like I'd snuck in where I wasn't supposed to be to listen in on their plans.
Then I just don't remember.

Wax, why is it too risky, do you mean emotionally? Or is she one of them frog eaters?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 688
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, she was something of a wild child, and I worry she might still be wild. She might also still be married, or have a bunch of kids, or be a smoke/drug/and/or booze-wrecked mess. The imagination has a way of running wild. It doesn't help that, with the very limited information I've found about her on the net (don't want to spring for the extras), she's moved around alot. Maybe not a good sign. I also had the impression that maybe she wanted nothing to do with the school we were in after she got out - a program for "emotionally-troubled adolescents" (in my case, *extreme* phobias and introversion made public school too hellish, and it didn't hurt that Dad's a drunk)... The fact that she attended also increases the chances she might be a mess - the old schoolmates I saw at the reunion made out OK, as well as some who couldn't make it, but others ended up institutionalized as adults or suicides. Robyn was contacted by the staff but didn't come for whatever reason.

By now you're wondering about me. I'm a semi-shutin myself, but pretty much normal except for "having no life" due to having to spend most of my teen years and a good bit of my twenties just conquering those aforementioned inner demons, and (I'm betting) that Asperger's thing that gets discussed alot on this site (man, I miss Nomadrat). It's held me back. I've had very few friends over the years, no consistent social life, a career rut, no experience being on my own, and just a lurking tiny speck of nihilism I fight to keep in check. I guess that's why I like this site. I resonate "misfits"... Ahh, spilling one's guts feels good.

Am I rambling?

(Message edited by waxtadpole on August 30, 2006)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 689
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nothing against kids, mind you, I'm just not the Daddy type

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 690
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What the heck, so you all can get a better understanding why Waxy was smitten, it's been many years so perhaps my memory is distorted, and of course I have no photo, but the closest match I've found looks-wise among TV people is CNN's Erica Hill [sigh] http://www.answers.com/topic/ericahill-jpg

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 691
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The odds are a billion-to-one, but I'd laugh my guts out if it turned out she was on the board and said "HEY THAT'S ME!!!" (or maybe an acquaintance will recognize her and tell her old man and he'll say "HEY I HAVE TO KICK HIS A**" But I digress, as I do so well, especially when it comes to extreme wishful thinking...

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 694
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Back to that whole fitting-in thing. Even with anonymity, it hurts alot less for me to say "I'm a 40-year-old who's never really had a sig other and still lives with his folks" when surrounded by other people who say "Every other night I get taken to a spaceship by little people with big gray heads and huge black eyes". Somehow it just doesn't seem as bad then.

Waxy, in a strange "confessional" mood...

opal

Post Number: 511
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 7:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So your back with your folks after spending teens in a Dicken's novel? Dad still a boozer?

I don't know Wax, we're always much harder on ourselves than other's are. The point is there's still nothing to lose by looking.

Worst case scenario, she's a wild cat with a whack of kids, like me, lol - you don't want to pursue it. You move on.
Towing broken heart in mud as you go. Time heals all.

Last year an old friend called me up. He's made good and has a place in Costa Rica - wanted to meet up, very friendly. I asked him about his wife of 18 years. She wants to work, he wants to drink all day in Costa Rica. Divorced.

Then he says - 'Let me see you, you were sooo cute.' Made me mad. As if I'd parade myself to the leecherous goat as a happy lark. It's 20 years later and I don't want to be compared to that. Not bad but give me a break.

I said - 'You left your wife of 18 years so you could drink all day?' lol Haven't talked to him again.

Lately I'm thinking if he buys me a horse, I'll do anything. lol lol

Seriously though, you've got to trust yourself to be able to cope with what ever happens when you meet her. You're very creative; I'm sure you'll do fine.

We're complicated people living simple lives, you and I - Waxy.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 703
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 8:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe I'm just afraid of seeing what's become of the "angelic vision" of my stupid adolescent eyes. Come on, God, make her call the ol' school so I can use it as a buffer. Pleeeaaaasssseeee?????

Hale
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy,

where I come from, living with the parents is not a mark of shame, but a function of a community knit close together (where I grew up, the parents would carve off a piece of the farm to give to their kids when they wanted to build a home and move out on their own, and this creates a built in support structure for community). I understand that perhaps your conditions are less than a happy knitted sweater of life, but there could be worse things. Now honestly, who doesn't live to read the next installment of the Waxy witticisms?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 709
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 9:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I know there are plenty of folks worse off than me, but the little fatalistic 'voice' that's followed me around most of my life keeps scaring me with imaginary worst-case endgames, like me ending up a lonely public-assisted drunk or somesuch when I'm 60. But I press on nonetheless, and there's still reason for hope that I might get off this passively self-destructive path I somehow ended up on.}

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 710
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 9:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I guess at some point I should ask how one goes about becoming "self employed in the arts", as that seems to be the one aspect of my current life I can get excited about, but that belongs in another thread...

slw
Advanced Member
Username: slw

Post Number: 459
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy, You've got a lot going for you. You're certainly not a misfit! You've got a very good personality, quick wit, sense of humor, kindness, intelligent. You should have no trouble making friends. I know you've got several here! So, yeah, don't be so hard on yourself!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 711
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's *much* easier to interact on the Net than it is in real life. For example, if I get uncomfortable or feel threatened, refuge is only a mouseclick away.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 712
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

People scare me, for the most part.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 715
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 4:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a 'combination' dream, one half having to do with Robyn (Two mornings in a row? After never having dreamt of her before, even though I've dearly wanted to over the years? Very strange!!!), the other being a depressing variant of the previously-recounted driving dream.

The dream started out rather jumbled. I was at a place I'd worked before (actually a random amalgam of many real and dream places) and didn't much like, but it was a new position so I toughed it out. I have a fuzzy recollection of helping a woman co-worker move some ceiling tiles so she could get up behind them, and "spotting" her in case she fell. Later on in the dream I was asking her for advice about approaching Robyn, and then I found myself alone randomly looking for Robyn, and seeing someone who looked a bit like her in a big cafeteria but being unsure and unwilling to approach her. I wanted to find her so badly, but without being intrusive!

In the second part of the dream I found myself trying to help my new boss with a computer network. She was telling me what buttons I needed to press on this weird console with a half-dozen vaguely labeled buttons. She was trying very hard to tell me the procedure to use with these buttons, but each time they came out garbled and I got frustrated and made my best guess. Sure enough, I shut down their 'Net (in RL I know virtually nothing about computer networking).

After a fuzzy transition, I find myself driving my boss home, and she's reassuring me and telling me how great it is that she has someone so smart and qualified helping her out etc. I see we're coming up to a strip mall, and I go on to tell her about how the former owners of this company also owned a mall I lived near, but never put a store in there (I actually once worked for a bookstore chain's central office, and wished in vain that they'd have opened a store in a nearby strip mall that the chain's owners also held).

Then, suddenly, I near the entrance to the mall and see it's almost too late for me to get over. I find myself somehow three lanes away from the entrance, even though I'd not been on a highway a moment before. Even worse the cars keep going faster and faster as I get closer. In a panic, I try to swerve over, and in a manner similar to my "driving dream" I'm suddenly in a sharp curve and wildly dodging cars as I lose control!

For some crazy reason, I decide that even though I'm the driver I will close my eyes so I don't have to see the inevitable pileup. Miraculously, though, I escape the pileup and open my eyes after hearing a gentle thud. I say something like "Whew, that was close!" only to hear my boss reply "[Waxy], you just hit someone and they're dead!".

We 'materialize' in her office at work, and I am sitting there somberly watching the TV news about the accident and pretending really hard that it didn't happen. I somehow even eventually find a way to make the TV show the past, our drive well before the accident, in an attempt to make the whole event "go away". However, just when I've convinced myself it never happened, a man with gold leaves on his shirt collar (but otherwise plainly dressed) appears, and I take him to be some sort of police officer because he begins to slowly and haltingly do a formal legalese spiel about having to take me into custody and why. I finally give up all hope of things ever being right again, and wake up.

Pleasant, huh?

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 6:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning,
Read your dreams wax..Your waking up
your own private issues.We all have them
and they need attention.Prioritize what
you think your dreams are telling you..

My understanding..
You want employment.I think your ready to
make a commitment to a special lady.
You feel overwhelmed.Your afraid of failure.
Etc..all very scary Life Stuffs..but you
certainly are not alone in that category..
You must start believing in yourself and
once you achieve that,Waxy things will
start to rearrange themselves..I think
your slowing yourself down by allowing
negativity to get in your way..
Your one of the most creative people
I've had the pleasure to "meet"..
your off beat sense of humor keeps me in
here some days..
I'm certain you have "Loads of Waxy"
to offer.

I hope I haven't offended you,these are
simply words and perhaps a total "crock"
to you..(( HUGS )) have a productive day...

opal

Post Number: 516
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 8:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That was me he ran over with his car!
I fell asleep curled up in an armchair last night, now my back is permanently U-shaped. I feel like I've been hit by a car.

I will not be taking Ultram, thank-you.

I dreamt I was in a new city. Discussing plans with someone. It's so aggravating. I keep having these dreams where just before I wake up, we go over and over the message so I'll remember and get it straight, then I wake up and it's filed behind some kind of veil.

I know its compartmentalized in my head somewhere, I just can't get at it. Like a word that's on the tip of the tongue. I suppose it's a message for my subconscious, not me?

Don't worry Wax, we all love you.

buddie

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 8:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LoL..

Sounds like you need to be "triggered"
..now don't get me Going !!! :-)

opal

Post Number: 517
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh please - No More Triggers.

Spent my life half-cocked.

lol lol lol

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 721
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That could be taken several ways

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 722
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, Canadian... lusted after by Puerto Rican maaaannnnn...

opal

Post Number: 529
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, I was suddenly struck by the resemblance in your dream of the three wood-nymphs in Botticelli's Primavera. Three nymphs, nine figures. They serve Venus, the great christian virtue of love, creativity and fertility.

I can relate alot to what you wrote Wax. I've been a shut-in and a hermit for a while now and the worst part is I'm getting set in my eccentric ways.

Dining with inflatable friends and all. People are scary. lol

This evening I had the coolest thing while dozing with my book. I started to nod off and I heard a distant conversation - then '-----', my name loud and clear as if they just noticed I could hear them. That woke me up.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 749
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've forgotten where (or even if) I posted it, but I wonder if anyone knows of a free online game to help induce lucid dreaming...

Have you seen my Robey Hydra yet? It makes Canadians seem extra scary!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 754
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Opal, save me (over in Area 52)! I've tired of teasing Canadians and now I'm going after the fine folks of Massachusetts & Maine!

opal

Post Number: 536
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 8:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Didn't you show me the Robey Hydra when we married?!!

I dreamt of a very young 'blonde'. He was strange, perfect. No flaws or blemishes - perfect skin. He looked about 18, but one felt he was older.

The perfection was more than the skin, it seemed to have more to do with the 'integrity' of him - like he was a geometrical construction too pure for earth.

Once again he was going on about something, but this time when I woke up, I felt comfortable about not recalling it consciously.

It will all fall into place.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 757
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LOL opal!!! No dream recall this time around, though I know I dreamt something. [sigh]

BTW, you still sound like a 'pseudo-contactee', assuming these are in fact dreams.

opal

Post Number: 548
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't know what I am.
I'm a close encounter witness -
Of an object I didn't know,
the rest of it - ??
Little bit of everything, I suppose.

Wax, when you don't go out to the universe, it comes to you.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 764
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm still waiting (or I'm blind, or somebody is shielding me from it)

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 1863
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Woke up this morning late, with a dream. People were all scurrying about, planting, working, trying to survive a "bomb" or some ecological disaster. (Wasn't sure which.) But the "people" were trying desperately to do what "Good Friends" british comedy was trying to do, turn their yards, and neighborhoods into self-sufficient gardens, animal husbandry, preservation (bottling/drying) etc.

When I asked someone why strange words were said.
"It's because of Alee-Actee/Aptee." (Depending on spelling Ali Aquti/Appti/abti.) They kept saying those words over and over, each time I asked. But they seemed to know that it wasn't going to work, their efforts. Because, like the comedy, things were going wrong, no one had long-term sustaining skills, and it was a mess.

When I looked up the words Ali Abti, it means Calef Slave. (Could be someone's name??)

This was very strange.

opal

Post Number: 550
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That is strange L.A.B.. (For some reason I really like writing out your name at the end of the sentence for the extra period. lol)

I had a recurring dream -
There was two of them, lucid and with the same people. The first involved a medieval folk festival. There were banners and floats, buskers, actors, animals and shows. The thematic color was purple. I decided to hang back as there was something threatening on the horizon. A warlord was on the march.

The second dream was in the same place but this time I was in the catacombs, or really a labyrinth. An underground maze complete with a monster and an exit. Someone came and said 'I've found her, I've found her.' I raced after them to find the exit and came upon a hideous devil face.

It scared me so much I woke up. But the room felt literally filled with love. Like a big golden cushion and all the terror I woke with was immediately assuaged. When I thought of the devil face with that love that surrounded me, I wasn't afraid.

opal

Post Number: 558
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 8:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The deck of Marseilles was gaily built.
Peasant extravagance in colours and gilt.
By night magician, heirophant and rook
Instruct men, their futures to brook.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 803
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay, no apparent precog last night (but then I wasn't told last night, was I? ), but two dreams of interest nonetheless:

1) I'm in a restored mansion with a group of actors, including Joe Flanigan ("Stargate Atlantis") who proves to have a fun but twisted sense of humor. At one point he's pretending to be one of those anime-type battle robots, except he's speaking in ITALIAN with subtitles I can see. He does some laser sounds, pretending to shoot someone, then asks a buddy to help him attach a missile launcher to his back. Later on he instigates a fake "firing squad", along with others using pistols loaded with blanks to "execute" a couple of producers who are playing along with the rather sick gag.

2) I'm at a KFC with relatives, enjoying the new buffet they've instituted. However, I soon get frustrated because they are out of coleslaw and the manager says they won't be putting more out for another hour and 3/4. I know we won't be hanging around that long, so I go around tossing buffet food on the floor, smearing it on counters, digging my fingers into some sort of sticky dessert etc. While for some reason the employees ignore me, my folks get ticked off at my infantile behavior... They also take me to task for not telling them that you could go back for more than one helping, which I'd assumed they would have figured out on their own! [rolls eyes]

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 1895
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 1:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sounds like what happens at real buffets which is why I don't frequent them. Italian, singer?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 811
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I like to take my Mom to those 'cheap' Chinese buffet places on and off, mostly because they always seem to be much better-maintained than the other kinds, but I'm always observant. Years ago, when those buffet places were all the rage, I told a staff member in one particular place that I saw a dressing ladle stuck in handle-first! I didn't see the swap take place, but it was pretty obvious to me that they kept the old dressing. Between that and the ever-present flies, I decided I'd never go back, and I didn't. It closed not long after, and became an IHOP, which it remains to this day years later.

Why do you inquire with the word "singer"?

(Message edited by waxtadpole on September 02, 2006)

opal

Post Number: 562
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 4:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lol - That's funny, trashing a buffet. Sounds like fun! Waxy dreams of food-fights.

Last night I dreamt I was conversing with a group of very interesting and brightly garbed people, as I woke up I realized it was an animated deck of Marseilles.

opal

Post Number: 563
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tadpole do you have the book "The Path"? Maybe you'd be really good with tarot?

I've had the same deck for 30 years, without trying. It just somehow turned up wherever I went, even through the tumultuous teens.

I still feel like I'm not quite ready to use it. lol Though I'm starting to notice a sensitivity.

buddie

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

waxy misses his sugars or that food
fight fridge scene from that movie.
can't remember the name now?
Marseilles..tarot ??

I had a dream I was filling up spaces in
my bedroom door..spaces between atoms
going back and forth and looking at it??
I had been thinking earlier (while awake)
about something like that though..

opal

Post Number: 577
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 1:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

For some reason your dream reminds me of the two French guys who sent that thing to the moon with ion drive.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 842
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

opal, nope, no "Path" and I've never done Tarot

(Tarot Root) "I see a big bowl of poi in your future!"

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 843
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The only sort of "divination" I've ever tried is I Ching.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 805
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 9:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

spookiest darn reading I ever got was from an elderly lady who did palmistry ..I kinda laughed it off as a funsy thing to do .. however a few years later her advice saved my son's life at birth. pretty cool huh.

opal

Post Number: 595
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have a weird abrasion on my thigh like carpet-burn, and I haven't been involved in any parlor wrestling.

My left ear trickled blood yesterday and my period has started 2 weeks early, another anomaly in an otherwise dependable cycle.

And another strange dream of instruction last night. It must be the series Rome I'm watching - last night I dreamt I was in Rome.

I was a slave learning some kind of breathing technique where I had to put my arms above my head. I did it right and was happy with myself. No 20th century self-recrimination.

(Message edited by albi on September 04, 2006)

Hale
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 135
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 4:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Opal, that Botticelli reference sounds interesting to me. Of course it is easy for me to go out on a limb about what a dream may be about (especially if I go into it with some expectation or other). The thing about the ladies getting ready for a shower was that there were no erotic undertones at all, which suggests something more than just taking a shower was at work. Sometimes they have to "cook" in my head for a while before interesting things start tumbling out....you know, egg rolls, stuff like that.

L.A.B., I have been mulling this over the past few weeks, perhaps a month. What happens if we have some disruption in the food supply, or we can't get trucks to bring in food (don't know why I am thinking this---worste case scenario?). I have been thinking about whether the place I am going to move to will have enough space to put in a good enough garden, and how much space do you need to be at least partially self sufficient?

Had a dream about Mars recently. Have had a string of them over the years, but this one was not the desolate place it usually is. This was different.

There was a society there, and the govt. was repressive. People seemed to live in dorms, and they kept track of where you were by your shoes. There was a curfew. You took your shoes off before entering a building. Some people's shoes would dissapear. Something was up. I was running through the streets telling everyone that they had better wake up (I was shoeless and I think this meant I was being targetted). The air was veeeery thin, and I remember having to breathe very deeply and fast. I felt like I was smothering the whole time.

I remember seeing a sculpture near the edge of a bluff of some kind. It looked futuristic.....like it was a mix of an alien head in shape but had all these odd twists and turns to it. Black. Craft were seen floating in from above near to where this sculpture was.