Archive through August 29, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through August 29, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 1650
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 7:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Went a bit crazy, here is he usually looks like.
http://www.fibrecraft.com/dofun/dollsbears/crochet/chief_princess.asp

Brighid
Advanced Member
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 387
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 9:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH LAB how CREATIVE! I LOVE IT!!! *HUGS* Great work!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 881
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

COOL Very Authentic ..
his outfit is excellent

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10527
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 1:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Aw, how *cute*! That beard/moustache is amazingly real-looking. Having glued one onto my Merlin figure, I know how difficult it is to get it to look right. LOVE the eyemake-up and beads and jewelry, too! You're amazing at crocheting--I can't imagine getting a costume like that one with just a crochet hook and string...It actually *fits*!

Do you know I *still* haven't had time to get to the theater to see that movie?! I really want to see it on the big screen, too, darn it. But I'm behind on the painting, despite putting in over 10 hours on it yesterday So, at this rate, it looks like I may miss it and have to wait for the DVD

Sal, how about a triple iced mocha and a chocolate croissant to go? Gotta go paint a pale little faerie sprawled on a bed of moss and today's the nail-biting part where I do her skin (in alkyds, with which I'm less familiar). Oy.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Going to make him some "effects." He now has the compass, but needs the flintlock and maybe the hat.

Silly isn't it.
Thank you for the kind words.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10528
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 4:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Not silly at all! Don't you love *miniatures*? What is it about them that's so fascinating?? At the Carnegie Museum in Pittsburgh there is a room that is a series of windows onto the most perfect small rooms that I've ever seen. They were donated by a wealthy woman (probably a Mellon or a Scaife) who had them created for her to reproduce the beautiful rooms in her mansion. Every item is perfectly scaled--no clunkiness like the cheap miniature stuff produced in the far east. Minute candlesticks stand in tiny candelabras of real silver that are complete with roccoco designs on the bases.I can happily shop for hours for teeny replicas of stuff, even though I have no dollhouse to put them into at the moment

It must be such fun to work on a little Cap'n Jack--I can't wait 'til World Con is over and I can begin on a little polymer clay faerie figure. Do you have one of those magnifying lights? Mine needs a new circular florescent light ring, but it really helps my aging eyes to focus on the tiny details, so I'll need to spring for a new bulb. I'm doing this detailed painting without it and after 8 hours or so, my eyes are so strained that they start to leak tears Hate old age!
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

buddie

Post Number: 885
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 6:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Silly: A :-) place..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1683
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One more "Capt. Jack" then I'll quit.
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1590/captjacknewpc3.jpg

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10541
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My gods, L. A. B., that's him exactly!!! I love the way you did all the hair, especially the moustache, beard and eyebrows. And his expression is pure Cap'n Jack

Oh, how I want to go see that movie! But I slipped behind on the painting yesterday and ended up working 'til midnight, so I'll have to achieve astounding, superhuman amounts of work to be able to find that big a chunk of time on Monday....[sigh] Shoulda gone when it first came out and the time crunch wasn't as bad, darn it.

One thing that ate up my day yesterday was my car--it was due for an oil change/scheduled maintenance and the brakes felt funny, so I took it it. And the bill was $707--!!!!!!! *OUCH*! But I'll be driving it all the way to L. A. on Tuesday, so it had to be done

Oy.

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 354
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

'Tis better to crochet than to be crotchety!
WILL POST
FOR FOOD

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 392
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 1:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal: I'd like a Fillet o'Fish, a large order of fries, an apple pie, and a chocolate shake please...

...the first three items put through the food processor on puree`...

>.<

*FACE PAIN*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 914
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 3:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh Brig..this part will suck (no pun)..

how far along are you with your teeth ??

Lab...next to Richard Burton this is my
new favourite..it's like a photo..you Rock!!
I want to keep looking at it..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1688
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 3:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You be safe at that "con" Patricia, lots of luck to you.

Don't look too hard Buddie, you'll see all the "errors." (Not too bad for a near 60 year old grandma.)

buddie

Post Number: 915
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 4:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's Very Pleasing Believe Me..
It was always difficult for me to
finally "finish" a piece and display it..

You forgot "Rock'en" 60 year *** grandma :-)
A Quote from Extra terrestic tetard..???
better to crochet than to be crotchety

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 393
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 8:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie: Got them all out Monday.

However mass quantities of gum sores now from the dentures and I've taken them out because there is no way in hell I'm keeping them over those owies! They don't pay me to put up with that pain.

--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 928
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Owwww!!! Owwwwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!
don't get used to NOT having them in though..
because then you'll be like my M.in law
and only "Wear" them to weddings ..
Lots of (( Hugs )) and if you want to
btch I'm under the blankie all week-end :-)

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 395
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 7:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yay insomnia!

Triple caramel mocha, real milk, hold the whipped cream please.

Found this while messing around in MySpace:

UFOs to Pink Floyd

Enjoy!

--From Harley

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 400
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 1:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*Buys a triple caramel-mocha just to *bump* Sal awake*

--From Harley

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 572
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 4:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello to all. Somehow a "hacker" got into my computer AGAIN and I've had nothing but problems, so haven't done much posting - or even reading for that matter. How the heck do people "get into" a computer? A little error box popped up when I went to shut down saying that other people were using my computer and if I closed I might cause them to lose data. What does that mean? Nobody here on the computer but me. Crapola.

L.A.B. your crochet and drawings are terrific. Way to go. If I can ever get caught up and get the 'puter straightened out, I'll try to post some of my crochet work (and maybe, if I can work up the nerve, some of my "art", too).

So, what else is happening? Surely could use some happy talk about now. Have given up "the news" for a few weeks. It's getting me down too much. If the nukes go off, well, I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Meanwhile, I'll have a giant-sized cup of coffee with cream and an entire pecan pie. No calories in here, remember, so I can eat and not gain one-quarter of an ounce. Yummy pecans!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ Misery loves company. ~~ Wanna hang out? ~~

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Been scanning very old photographs of my hubby's genealogy into the computer (he has hundreds of photos.) It's taken quite some time, but finally did it. (It's been bugging me for some time now.)
Whew!! Now the grandkids can see who their gggrandparents were. It's been a hoot to see my hubby as a tiny baby, then kidlet, teeniebopper, adult and old "f***." (He was so upset at the reunion last week, wondering who that old man was in the photos son took!!) He hadn't really seen himself that way.

So, pour that coffee, (four-bean blend, no "starbucks." Had that yesterday, it was nasty!!)

One big apple fritter to go, please!!

Do post Moon, everything is welcome here!! (Then my "hangings" won't feel so lonely!!)

buddie

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 10:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moonhowler drop by Pat should be home
soon..can't wait for her story AND
her of print Lily..

For Waxy..
I recall the day my little cute CO-worker
waited for a WAXY PRINT..lately it's been
Lab or Pat MUCH TO MY DELIGHT..but she
still pines " When is waxy doing one"
as I brush her TEARS AWAY and rub her
little head I say SALOON..CHILD..SALOON SOON..
Sniff..Sniff...
Opal not that it matters..tee.heeee

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 575
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 5:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"I'll be back" said Arnie. Still have puter problems. Susie, don't forget to scan and post your stuff HERE for posterity.

So many talented people here (of which I am not one, but I can dream, can't I?). Back to trying to fix the *%^@@#++!~~ computer.

Crapola !! :3^)
~~ Misery loves company. ~~ Wanna hang out? ~~

buddie

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 9:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab that book Enders Game is it by
Orson Scott Card ?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1770
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes

buddie

Post Number: 1078
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 629
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 4:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Due to what I consider a very significant dream, and a decision to try to induce lucidity, I find myself here at this wee hour killing time before returning to bed.

buddie, since opal and I aren't seeing each other anymore (well, we never saw each other anyway, but I digress), it's OK. Ask sweetums if she'd like to see anything in particular, just not too complicated. The more abstract, the better able I'll be to whip it up quickly! . Hey, what can I say, I'm still a guy when you strip away the in-touch-with-my-feminine-side and artistic stuff. How can I not want to thoroughly please a young hottie?
Waxy is like an organic trail mix... 100% natural nuttiness!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 630
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 4:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In the meantime, babes always go for cute-animal pics . Here's a pic of my best buddy Tevildo from two years ago, napping with his stuffed pals (at the moment he's here trying to get my attention). AWW!!!

In the background you can see a pic of me with the Gray mask I made for that Halloween. On that night, while helping chaperone my sis' kids for trick-or-treating, I messed with a few of her neighbors. At one place, I threatened to abduct the lady if I got no goodies, and at another I took the head off and offered to barter a "genuine Roswell artifact"

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Bedfront1.jpg

(Message edited by waxtadpole on August 29, 2006)

buddie

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 1:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AWW HE'S ADORABLE..SHE LIKES ANYTHING FROM
GINGERBREAD MAN TO YOUR ABSTRACT..WITH MOONS
AND STARS..

COOL ALIEN HEAD YOU LOOK BLOND..???

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10548
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 4:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank goodness Sal didn't go out of business during (or due to) my absence! But I'll bet her week's take was way down--those mochas that I'm addicted to cost $$--even if she's le$$ expen$ive than $tarbuck'$

After my *really* disappointing first convention (BayCon), World Con was like balm to my soul--I sold every single painting that I took with me, plus 3 out of 6 prints--!!!!! The only things I brought home were the 3 NFS (Not For Sale) ones that I took down off my walls to fill in space and a couple of prints Spent countless looooong hours schmoozing with buyers, but it paid off in nearly $3,500 of sales. What a humongous relief it is to know that the serious buyers still remember me--the thought of starting over again at nearly 60 was so depressing that I wondered if I had it in me to do it at all.

Still don't have the photos of the two new paintings I did up online, but when I get them off The Skeptic's computer, I'll put 'em up on Sal's art wall. The only one that Lily "posed for" ended up not looking like her, due to my screwing up the figure so badly that I had to meticulously soak and scrape off the acrylic paint and redo it in alkyds. It's a pretty little faerie, but Lily, it ain't. The "major" one I'm doing of her is still a long ways off, since I'm sewing the dress that's the main prop for it and it's taking *forever*

At the con, I got to look at many hundreds of amazing paintings, talk to astoundingly good artists, go to panel discussions and demos of their techniques and learned TONS of stuff about painting. I came home with links to some of their web pages (I'll link to their galleries, but if you're an artist, you should explore their sites--there are painting demos on some of them!):

James Gurney the Artist Guest of Honor this year and possibly my favorite SF/Fantasy artist.

Tom Kidd (I bought 4 of his Gnemo prints...he has lots of other work on his site, too)

Donato Giancola (didn't meet him...just drooled all over his astounding oil paintings and tried to figure out how he did them)

Dave Seeley an architect and illustrator whose panels were very close to mine in the huge art show

J. P. Targete (click on thumbnail images to see the paintings--also, there are 3 other galleries there to look through)

Bob Eggleton an old, old friend and brilliant artist

Steven Vincent Johnson who also does UFO art and was right beside me in the art show, but who proved to be elusive, so I didnít get to corner him and find out if heís an abductee.

There were many, many more astonishing artists there, but I need to go straighten up my Sceptic- and cat-destroyed house now, then give Lily the walk around the Lake for which weíre both pining. Gods, itís good to be back home!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1799
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 5:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Congratulations, sounds like you had a great time!!

buddie

Post Number: 1107
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 5:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wonderful to have you back and congrats
on the sales..you see you still Have It!!

Waxy had a 2 day long affair while you were
away :-)

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 568
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 6:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOO Buddie come defend our honor under area 52 the joke thread.

buddie

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 6:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

JUST did

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 648
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Not blond, just sort of a soft "desaturated" dark brown. Give my Muse a couple days to ruminate and I'll give the artistry a shot again!

buddie

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You have a kiss waiting for you..
if it matters

I'll tell her..no I won't cause I like
the "OH IT'S FROM WAXY" in her voice when
she gets it ..have to be there it's too cute..

gelfling

Post Number: 572
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think BUDDIE is starting to fall under Waxy's spell! Oh no!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 657
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sure, there's always room on Waxy for a smooch from a buddie!

I just wish I could be at your office. I'd enjoy having her melt over me (unless she's got an allergy to 40-year old doofuses )

None of Waxy's secret recipe to make brussels sprouts taste good for naughty gelfling! :oř

buddie

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie and waxy are long time Friends!!!
thats a good thing..he probably dosen't
remember but he was one of the first people
I met once I left the UFO thread..and he is
still the same :-) he's also a great artist
and waxy makes that fun..

buddie

Post Number: 1116
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

EEWWWW..40 years old she would say..:-)
but she loves your stuff..
god wax these girls have parents my age..
thats when i have to act Mature..
I teach them part of their job..I was always
the one being taught 13 years ago..now it's
my turn to pass on the tourch..funny
looking back..if you find getting OLD funny :-)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1812
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You two!! Get a room!!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 664
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, sometimes they go for that whole May-December thing. I could get lucky .

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 665
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I will say this, though - if it is possible to psychically share a lucid dream, you could throw out age, looks, and even a bunch of other stuff out the darn window. Imagine getting hot and heavy as, say, a pair of dolphins! =8oD

gelfling

Post Number: 573
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

40 gets an EWWW?? Oh no! C'mon, I'm in my late 30s and as nice as evah.....

And no brussell sprouts for gelf, sorry I like them but [gas] sorry, ew.

buddie

Post Number: 1118
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Careful Kanuk Wimmins
are Moody in relationships
or haven't you learned that

buddie

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

gelf...which end for gas..

I remembered we had the waxy or john birthday..you are younger than us..
I think I was the oldest 43..
which I turned in july but was half way
there..I don't feel old thats my professional
problem since I think I'm also a bit immature.
LOL..I love me anyway

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 669
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Age" is just how many times you've been around the sun. My Mom's folks both lived well into their eighties (I think my Grandma might have even hit or passed 90, but I forget). Anyway, my point is that I'm sure that if I get healthy my "biological clock" will still be a thirtysomething. It was just a few weeks ago that a store employee referred to me as a "young man". No joke.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 670
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another example. My Mom is always aghast at the appearance of some women who are the same age as she. They look ANCIENT. Some is genetic, some is lifestyle. "Age" is just a number, and that's no cliche.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 671
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll never forget the photos that accompanied an article on aging in a magazine some years ago. One showed a Buddhist monk who had spent most of his life indoors, and a farm woman from some central Asian country. The former had baby-smooth skin and looked to be (at most) in his early 60s while the latter's face was like the surface of the moon. Both were in fact well into their eighties. It was meant as a demonstration of how much "aging" is caused by UV exposure...

buddie

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know from where your coming..
It's about UV and Genetics
I love the sun but not as much since ontario
is now simply a Smog Alert during summer..
I had a for instance last week ..
I went to have my watch battery replaced..
The Jeweller asked the date blah...for
E-mail ads for your anniversary and Birthday.
I gave her my birthday and she said..
your 11 days younger than me..I'm like OK
your a LEO..but she dosen't look like I do..
she does look older ..i don't like saying that
since it's one sided but honestly I don't
kid myself and there was a difference..
She did look Wiser though..??

gelfling

Post Number: 574
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Not to be un-PC but brown and black age a lot better than white. It's no fair!

Have you seen Oprah at 50? she looks fab.