Archive through August 29, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through August 29, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 3275
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[I placed this elsewhere this morning, but I thought I'd post it here too, just in case nobody reads the subject under which it was placed.]

"Additives" and the "Retardation" of the American Intellect

A most “interesting” dream this morning.

In it my father, who died in 1997, came to me along with several other people. And they had a message.

The message was simple.

That—both accidentally (by our way of life) and through the purposeful intervention of other humans also—humanity has steadily become less capable of the intellectual and spiritual capacities necessary not only to “think our way out of” the desperate situation in which we now find ourselves, but even to be able to visualize the problem that created it!

The problem is in our food and water. So many unnatural additives have either “slipped in” or been purposely “placed into” our food and water, that humanity’s intellectual capacities (even spiritual sensibilities) have been “retarded.” Over time, this has affected the aptitudes of our brains, which can no longer apprehend either the solutions to these problems or the problems themselves in some cases.

Is this possible? Is it possible that “nutrients” and “additives” could (1) accidentally and (2) purposely create a weakening in human intellectual capacities?

And in such a degree and in a targeted way? (“Mind Control” comes to mind.) If so, COULD SOME SCIENTISTS really KNOW that by placing "Additive R" (for example) into our food and water that such a result—and in whole populations—could be brought about?

If so, how can we "protect ourselves" from this?

This was a very “odd” dream for me to have, since I have never been a “natural foods” sort of person (not that I even know if that would help, in this situation—no “solution” was given in the dream), nor have I ever had a particular interest in food additives. My entire knowledge of “nutrition” is basically minimal.
"Question what's real. Question who's real."

opal
Advanced Member
Username: albi

Post Number: 253
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lol

Hmmm, Yes, I'll investigate him. Twiddles hair and ponders.

That's the second time you've posted while I've been writing! : ) Some people say flouride was mind control.

(Message edited by albi on August 20, 2006)

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 382
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 4:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas, this world is inherently toxic (I once recall reading, for example, that if not for the liver you could DIE by eating a BANANA). Let's just hope there's more to us than just meat & bones, eh? Then NOBODY can control us!!!!!

[tosses in a stray Opalsmoochie®]
WILL POST
FOR FOOD

Thomas

Post Number: 3288
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think you're right, Waxy!

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 56
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, thanks for the info. And I would add that when my daughter was born, maybe the first week that she was out in the freshness of her new world, I had this dream, and it was of a woman with short hair, black, and I was looking at her from the back from the tailgate of a black pickup truck.

When my daughter was born she had jet black hair, which fell out and was replaced by blonde. I told my wife about this dream and that I thought it was about Hannah, our daughter, even though everything in it seemed odd (black hair). We both kept quiet on the dream since our son was a blondie (toe headed they call them) and over the years he has steadily turned to a nice dark brown now that he is 12.

About a year and a half ago, my daughter began saying that she wanted to have a truck when she grows up. i don't own a truck, nor have I had one while either child was growing up. Beat up van, but no truck. We were sitting in the car with her, my wife and I, and I calmly asked her what color she'd like her truck to be. Bear in mind that at this point her favorite color was pink. She said without hesitation "black!" All smiles in the front seat followed by knowing looks. We are now completely mum on her hair color and length. We are waiting to see. Right now she is basking in her long locks, and you'd be hard pressed to imagine her in short cropped hair. Stranger things have happened, though.

Russ, thanks also for your take on precognative dreams and when they seem to happen. I think it is very likely that it is very different for us all. I have found that my 'world event dreams' that I have had over the years have all, curiously, occurred on the same day in the lunar cycle.....well, actually, they are within three days of the particular part of the lunar cycle.
Now of course as soon as I make a determination that I think might hold for me, I had a precognative dream element last night that kinda blows a hole in that notion. In it, I saw a very large bull walking away from me. He was white with a few small black speckles on his hind quarters. As he walked away, another bull came into view. This one was black. They were both showing signs of being aggressive (I grew up on a farm and while bulls can get worked up, I generaly found them to be pretty calm critters all in all).
So on my way to the shop I stop at the country store, and they have cable running on the t.v. The show is some kind of 'America's Stupidest People' kind of video. In it I see a white bull with these specks on its rear in a pen, something having to do with a rodeo and they are baiting the bull with clowns. The bull then goes after three guys, stepping all over them. The next clip was a group of three guys sitting at a table in plastic chairs, with a rodeo clown baiting the bull. This one was black, and he was stamping the ground getting ready to plow into the table where the guys who were teasing him sat.

Thomas, my Mother introduced me to the 100 mile diet a few weeks ago. She is on it, but I am not. But the idea for this diet is that you only eat what you can find that has been grown or raised within a 100 miles of you. Some things are allowed that are not 100% on the mark. An example would be coffee that is roasted in the area, but not grown. The idea it seems is that by trying this diet you are not using up resources like gas and diesel to get the food to you. Also, the idea is, the closer it is to you, the less processed it will tend to be. Going to your local Pik-Pak or Piggley-Wiggley wont cut it.

My Mother has made friends with the local Amish community which is where she gets her oats for her breakfast. She has found a source for fresh fish caught in local waters (trout---my favorite). She has been getting grass fed beef grown without hormones, too. It is not a cheap diet since most of this falls into the range of being whole foods, but she is following it as a way to lessen the burden on our resources, because she sees a time when things will be getting interesting. There will come a time when we will all have to do some of this kind of diet at some point or another, me thinks. It also has economic advantages since it helps support your local farming community

Thomas

Post Number: 3290
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 4:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Thomas, my Mother introduced me to the 100 mile diet a few weeks ago. She is on it, but I am not. But the idea for this diet is that you only eat what you can find that has been grown or raised within a 100 miles of you. Some things are allowed that are not 100% on the mark. An example would be coffee that is roasted in the area, but not grown. The idea it seems is that by trying this diet you are not using up resources like gas and diesel to get the food to you. Also, the idea is, the closer it is to you, the less processed it will tend to be. Going to your local Pik-Pak or Piggley-Wiggley wont cut it…

That is one HELL of a good idea, Hale.

Midnight Blue
Username: midnight_blue

Post Number: 47
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, do you think your dream was picking up on a past life (about your daughter).

I would think that you (or anyone) would have to be very committed to do the 100 mile diet. I am not that motivated unfortunately.

Thomas, Your warning from your father about the additives is sadly probably true. And, although I think scientists are capable of all kinds of lab experiments. I think our contamination comes mostly from stupidity and greed.

OK here is a weird dream that I had. It is Just odd. It happened a number of years ago. I dreamed that I was levitating about 5 feet above the ground in a horizontal position facing down in my house. My house was small with the rooms connected to one another. I seemed to move as if on a track in a circle (or hexagon?) I floated forward, turned a notch into the living room, float, turn a notch into the kitchen, float,turn a notch into the back entryway and straight into the bathroom, turn a notch, into the bedroom,float, turn a notch back into the living room. I had long hair at the time and it was flowing straight down. I was looking down at the floor and at my hair hanging down. The house was dark, just as it would be at night. This repeated it self. This circle. I just kept going around in my house like that. It seemed to go on for hours. I called it my flying dream, but I wasn't flying. Truthfully, I'm not sure I was dreaming at all. Just Weird.

Hale

Post Number: 61
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Midnight Blue,

I got the impression that this was her in the future, but the dream was more like a photograph almost in that there was no emotion. I was calmly watching. But I would not rule out some past life thingie.

Your dream sounds like a projection, albeit a little odd with the movements. I am sure the movements are suggestive of something, though. Mechanical?

My Mother has found the diet hard to get used to, but she is sticking with it. I think she wants to inspire others to try it. She is finding that she is learning all about all of her food choices like where to get local fruits and harder to find items. It is pretty sobering when she told me how my great grandparents grew ALL of their food on the farm. Problem is, how many times can you eat beans and potatoes for dinner? Good to have some variety. It would be great if we did more micro farming in communities, and then traded our specialty items for the (different) specialty items that others grow. But that is getting off topic. Sorry. Bump me, please.

I would still be interested in anyone who has a precognitive element to notice the date that it happened, though.....just in case.

Hale

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was going through some older posts in the dreams archive and this one is for Patricia Davis. Post #1131 on March 26 2004.

It is interesting, Patricia, that you had the feeling these black triangular craft were human made. Just before coming here I spent some time on the nuforc site and on there you can search the database of sightings by date, by shape of craft, etc. Anyway, I got the distinct impression that many of the sightings were human related when I was examining the triangular black craft. Look at the times that these are seen in general. Seems to cluster around a three or four hour period at night, which speaks to me of a night crew testing the craft. Not all, but many are in areas that are close to military bases. They are also often described as flat black, and my that sounds like a carbon fibre composite that we have been using to dissapear in the presence of radar for years in our stealth/skunk works craft. Not to freak you out, Patricia, I just found your post interesting considering my suspicion about this class of ufo.

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 393
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had one of those repeating dreams last night, the type where you recognize your surroundings and realize you'd done it before. This one seems to be oozing with symbolism, like it's trying to snap me out of some behavior or conceptual blind spot I have in real life:

I find myself commuting from an imaginary job to the office of some undefined "big boss" from whom I must pick up my paycheck. He/she is never actually in the office at the end of my dream (a good thing, as you'll soon see) but it troubles me that this person feels more like some invisible archetype rather than a specific person. This office is on about the fourth or fifth floor of a small building...

As the dream recall commences, I find myself toward the end of my drive. I'm always racing, always in my RL car, and trying to beat the other vehicles, which are in turn trying to cut me off. We reach the end of the two-lane (I think) highway we are on, and come up to a low, broad white building on a dirt embankment that rapidly becomes steeper as we drive along it. At the end of the building, next to a drive-in window, there is a narrow raised concrete platform. Now, in RL it would be absolutely impossible to negotiate this path, but from past experience with this dream I know that if I stay close to the wall and go real fast I will always stay level above the dirt on two wheels, and then catch a rock just before the platform that will further kick up my car's frame and allow me to clear that platform and make it around the corner of the building. So, I pass and block off my nearest "rival" car, and do my thing. Now here's where the dream goes wrong.

Again, every time I have this dream, after clearing the corner I suddenly, but only briefly, find myself, car and all, in the spacious "big boss" office. Unfortunately, I then instantly "teleport" outside the building, and look over to see the car and/or office wrecked in some fashion (naturally the side of the building is torn out so I can see this from outside). Sometimes, the car will have landed on the ground outside the building as well. On this particular occasion, the office isn't in too bad shape but the car is severely mangled.

At this stage of the dream, I get worried, which then usually wakes me right away. I then calm myself with the realization that none of it actually happened.

Whenever I get to the aforementioned corner, I swear to myself that THIS time I will be able to stop on a dime, but it just never happens, and this frustrates the hell out of me.

Today I had the sense that if I could somehow manage to go lucid and keep the accident from happening, I'd get to stay in the office, meet the "Big Boss", and find out just what in heck the dream means!
WILL POST
FOR FOOD

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 446
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 9:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[checks his dream for cooties] Nope. Anybody want to take a stab at it?
Waxy is like an organic trail mix... 100% natural nuttiness!

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 288
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Waxeo, I'm cogitating, the stones are talking.

Buildings are generally symbolic of mind or the potential or character of the paradigms that house your ideas. An office building would intimate work and social position. A drive-by window maybe finances and diet. A car is the engine on which you drive your live. You mentioned anxiety over your path.
Sometimes the pay-off is already in front of your nose, but your moving too fast to find it.
Did you get your check?

I went bike-riding last night; with my mother. She was saying - "Silly - of course I can ride my bike, it's like I was never sick." - when I woke, like a conversation in my head.

Did you dream of me Waxeo? I dreamt of cat-tails and big horny toads.

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 458
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 7:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream not unlike the last. This time I was in an icy shopping center parking lot at night. I kept trying to pull into what appeared to be "dry" parking spots, only to slip and slide out of each and constantly dread collision. It finally happened, but to my great relief instead of an irate stranger it was a former co-worker from RL who got hit, and she was actually apologetic despite it not being her fault. Anyway, she had a passenger that I never got to talk to or see clearly. Maybe that was you huh? I'd like to think so!

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 303
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Whew, the symbolism in that one sure is racy.
Whole lot of slippery parking lots.
lol

I'll come see you tonight.

hazel mclane
Advanced Member
Username: wordspeak

Post Number: 221
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i hope to start a thread about natural foods and medicines in the near future and how they affect us body and soul.
so many odd things have been happening to me physically that i felt was medicine that i have taken for years. i started dwindling off and checking drugs on the internet and as far as i can tell so far---i am having withdrawal symptons from medicines that have the same ingredients and i may have been overdosed.
i am allergic to 4 things, after checking what really is in my medications, they all contained what i am allergic to and some had one or more of them in it and called it by another name.
at the moment my dr. and i are near blows and i am a mindless old fogie.
ask him if all doctors had charts on what drughs interacted with, his answer was THEY tell us. finally he agreed to look at a chart that i am getting togather about the subject. it seems there isn't one.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 756
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

whoooooops.. Hazel .. click on "TOPICS" then click on "HEALTH AND MEDICINE"..then you'll be right.
And back to this topic DREAMS..
Hey Waxy..that last dream of yours
kinda spooked me..lol. On Monday night it was bluddy cold fweezing and as I walked across the deserted car park in town I noticed some folks having probs backing a car out of a park.
Car kinda revved and went nowhere..tried again still got nowhere then it sprang into life ..
about then I started thinking oh hell they aint gonna see me I could get bowled over here ..but they did see me and tooted the horn and roared off.
I'm now kinda scaredy about walking thru that car park at night. :-(

hazel mclane
Advanced Member
Username: wordspeak

Post Number: 222
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 1:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

why, thank you brown. i needed that.
just like school.
i would advise you to contact the administrator if i get to be too much of a problem.

i will appologize to you right now.but as yours has to be said, so did mine.

brown

Post Number: 758
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 6:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hazel ..glad to help any time :-) and I love reading your posts.

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 317
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 9:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamt of Whitley last night, he was young in his literary fedora. Lecturing me like a zealous headmaster on the vagaries of emotion and their permanence. Pointing towards my mother in eternal or to the place after the end, I don't remember what he said then, but it still made sense.

Oh and then I dreamt of Wax Tadpole
all splayed on a dish;
his corpulent hoppers
breaded and buttered with dip.

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 474
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 9:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Opal Oh my!
Sorry to hear your Mom's gone; next time I hug mine I'll think of both of you.
(Of course I'll then think of hugging YOU, but that belongs to Area 52 )

Brown, I hope I wasn't having a premonition. I don't want to go "psychic" here, except maybe for channeling some Mega Millions numbers someday!!!

brown

Post Number: 764
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 6:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

if it had been prefaced with Oh here I did a reading on Brown.. then you got a direct hit for the scene the timing etc... and stunningly accurate.
Granted I am a night owl and get home late. there's something about
cities after dark ..kinda eerie spooky sometimes.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 503
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Spot on?

My Mom used to have premonitory dreams, and I did have a "vision" of an impending minor collision once on a road trip, so maybe it runs in families...

brown

Post Number: 766
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 7:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh gawd now the froggie's dabbling in mind control cos
" Spot on! " was what brown thought.
wee bit scary .......

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 507
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 9:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nah. I'm just picking up bits of the lingo as I hang around you Down-Under types here...

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 9:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello group

I have a new experience to share……

Let me preface my dream with another experience I recently had. I’m currently reading a book by Paul H. Smith titled “Reading the Enemy’s Mind” it chronicles the U.S. military and intelligence communities efforts in remote viewing. In the book they discuss coordinate remote viewing, this is when someone remote views with nothing but a set of coordinates, longitude and latitude. The session begins with the viewer cooling down, bringing themselves to the edge of sleep, the boundary between the conscious and unconscious mind. At that moment a second person gives the viewer the longitude and latitude of the target and the viewer then taps the unconscious mind and describes whatever impressions he feels. So I decided to give it a try one night when I went to bed. I was lying in bed and when I felt myself starting to go I randomly selected 42° by 42°. I repeated this over an over to myself as I approached sleep and a few images starting popping into my head. I saw glimpses of a tan warehouse set out in a field by itself. I saw a river flowing through a wooded area and then an image of a city or town off in the distance.

Now my dream, it begins with me standing in a field, off in the distance I see a city, familiar to me somehow. That’s when I realize it is the same one I saw during my remote viewing experiment. This time though it’s not just a fleeting glimpse. Its there out in front of me, I leap into the air and I’m flying towards the city. I reach the city quickly and I’m flying about 20 feet off the ground looking at the buildings and trying to read the writing on the signs but none make sense no matter how hard I concentrate on them. I decide that maybe the problem is that I’m not giving myself enough time for the words to come through. I stop at a sign and concentrate, the words start to morph, letters rearranging themselves but still nothing makes any sense, I give up and move on. I move into a different part of the city, it reminds me of an outdoor flea market I visited in Mexico. There are a bunch of small structures butted up to one another, roofs stepping up and down, all with some sort of sign on them no doubt advertising their goods. I’ve given up trying to read the signs but one catches my eye, there are yellow stars and a crescent moon on a black background. The word psychic pops into my head so I decide to go in through the roof and investigate. I dive into the roof but can’t penetrate it, the roof seems to be made of some kind of fabric that stretches but won’t let me pass through. I can see through it and there are figures moving about the room. I float back up above the roof and over the side down to the open door and enter. There is a little girl sitting on the floor staring at me, she has a dark complexion with short black hair and dark brown eyes set into a round face. I’m floating there wondering if I could communicate with her when she suddenly says ok and lies down on the floor and closes her eyes. I reach out and place my hands on her feet, I concentrate and say my name is Damon, I pause then repeat Damon. She then sits up and says hi Damon Damon! She then disappears and I’m starring at a puddle of liquid on the floor where she was. Images are flashing by in the liquid but I can’t make out anything. It slows down and I see a woman with similar features as the girl, I get the impression it is her but older now, a young woman. She tells me she is getting stronger, catching up with me, you tell them she says.

slw
Advanced Member
Username: slw

Post Number: 452
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, That's a very interesting dream and sounds like your dream occurred in the place that you remote viewed! Dreams like that make me think that some of our dreams are real, are actually happening. I like the end of the dream where she tells you "she is getting stronger, catching up with me, 'you tell them' she says"!

I had a weird sort of dream last night. We lived in a sort of primitive place with lots of hills with rooms, not caves but rooms. I saw lots of people living and working there. There were narrow roads, maybe two lanes, running thru the hills that we traveled on in some kind of vehicle but maybe not a car. No one else was on the roads. There was a central city above ground with some buildings. That's where the dream fades but I was with someone going to look at a structure half underground and half aboveground. Whoever had that building was moving or going away. Then we went to a place back in the "hills" for a structure that we were going to live in. It wasn't a bad dream but I wouldn't want to live there! lol!

Damon

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

slw - yes the last part of the dream is what woke me up because the analytical side of my mind went into overdrive trying to figure that out.

Your dream is interesting too, I have had dreams somewhat similar to yours in regards to different type of dwellings than we are used to seeing.

Those dreams make you wonder if the soul does travel into parallel universe or something while in that state to another you that gives you the ability to see what they are doing.

Something is going on because I see things in my dreams that I have never seen in my waking life. There is just too much detail for it to be the mind stitching together images or experiences from my lifetime. I guess the dream that I always refer to when making this point is the one I had when I was a dolphin swimming at an incredible speed, porpoising in and out of the water, diving deep and actually feeling the water get much colder. If the human mind is capable of fabricating that all on its own, without any actual experiences to draw from, then it is truly a remarkable thing!

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 384
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's true Damon, the human mind is truly a remarkable thing. I think I know why I woke up with welts one morning; that soon faded. I had been dreaming of being at 'school', I was in heck and 'running a gauntlet'. Do you ever get pre-coginitive dreams that are instructive but only click into place after. Personal pre-cognitive dreams that are warnings you don't figure out till after. Teaching dreams, where you're supposed to learn some task.
I wonder what those do to the body. Actors sometimes have to be careful what role they play and learn to leave it at work. Sub-concious mind doesn't know the difference between pretend and real signals. Wear a smile, you'll cheer up. That's why affirmations work, you can just reprogram the basics. Negativity is the path of least resistance, one has to actively foster the positive.

slw it sounds like your village was advanced with some kind of technology, was it more simple than primitive?

That must have been great being a dolphin Damon.

Damon

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 1:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks for your comments opal.....

I do agree with you, there is a basic choice for everyone, positive or negative and we all know which one leads to enlightenment.

” Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst…a spark that creates extraordinary results.”

The dolphin dream was one of my favorites, right up there with seeing the Phoenix. I have posted those here if you are interested in reading them or I can re-post.

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 390
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Is your phoenix dream posted, that sounds interesting.

Last night I dreamt I was in this room with people and these creatures that looked a bit like the aliens in Travis Walton's movie 'Fire in the Sky', but more like people. They were bigger than the people.

They were co-ordinating everyone's activity and pairing people off. There were other rooms and one big room and I was just watching all this from the corner of the big room. It was strange.

Then one ran over like it had just noticed me. It moved strange, like a human/raptor, its face swam into my vision and that's all I remember.

Damon

Post Number: 66
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Those little guys in that movie were pretty creepy looking! A big one of them would have woke me up too!

Here are the 2 dreams......

Dolphin - I had another exhilarating dream recently where I was a dolphin. Once again I was dreaming about something else when suddenly I'm a dolphin swimming in a pod. The sense of speed that I got while swimming and porpoising out of the water was such a rush, I could have done it all night long. I was swimming with two others when suddenly the other two disappeared and I found myself in a shallow area near a coast among some type of seaweed. There were two men in a boat looking for me, I believe hunting me. I came to the surface of water and rolled over on one side to get a good look at them when one of the men shouted, there he is! I immediately dove under, went straight to the bottom and swam right under their boat out into deeper water. I was swimming for a bit when I came to a deep drop off, I actually felt the water get colder. I could see a shear cliff wall that seemed to go down endlessly, I could not see the bottom. Then a sudden sense of fear came over me and I new I should not be here, I thought to myself, they are here. I was frozen with fear and could not move. I was just floating there waiting for something to come when I saw it. It started out as a dark shadow in the distance, moving with purpose. As it got closer I could see that it was a great white shark. I stayed motionless as it swam right up to me, very slowly, almost as if it was wary of me too. Then it swam right up to me face to face. I remember looking into it's big black emotionless eyes, they seemed to just draw me in. As it got closer and closer, I was telling myself, you have to wake up, wake up now! After what seemed like minutes I was able to force myself to wake up. That dream stayed with me too and the headache I got forcing myself awake.

Phoenix - Once again in this black void, wondering what now? I again see a point of light but this time it is moving towards me. It started out like a flickering candle flame but grew larger and larger. As it grew closer I could make out a shape, it was a phoenix! I was in awe of its beauty, the colors where so vivid, movement so graceful. It spread its wings and landed on an invisible perch in front of me. It sat there and stared at me for what seemed like minutes. I then asked it what it wanted and it said “it is time”. I replied “time for what” and it replied “time to find a new son”. It then turned and flew away as it had come. I remember feeling like I had just lost a loved one. This bothered me for weeks and I still wonder if this was really the end of something or just a dream.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1051
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 4:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had my very 1st UFO sighting dream last
night ( as far as I know )..
I was outside with my brother and sisters
( the dream was grey black & white )
I see this UFO and I said to them I told
you we would see one..
They couldn't see it and I tried to point it out and and explain where it was..just above
us in the trees..but my arms were too heavy and my speech was all Garbled..
It began to shine a white circle of light
onto me and I tried to hide..then I remember
going through something simular to when I
feel I get visits..that was it..

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 397
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love the Phoenix story Damon, it's Christ's predecessor isn't it? Wow, the shark also met his nemesis that night. I used to dream more animal dreams, now I'm always a flying kid.

I wonder if that was a visit buddie?

(Message edited by albi on August 25, 2006)

Midnight Blue

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, wow that Dolphin dream! It sounds like you shape shifted in the dream Or were you having a memory? I had a dream once where I was being escorted underwater. It was very grey/blue underneath. As the Dolphin (or some other sea creature) turned, I would see nothing. Then right as we passed, I realized there was a large object in our way. This happened numerous times. They knew it was there before I could see it. It was a learning/teaching dream for me.

Opal, the dream where they were coordinating everybody. It sounds like you had been overlooked for a moment, but when they saw you they probably rushed over to coordinate you too, and part of that was making sure you'd forget. I'm not joking. It seems they were doing some important work.

Buddie, I had a similar dream where I was pointing to a light in my closet and telling my husband they're here and I had difficulty talking and I was kind of frozen. Do you think you had a dream? I'm not sure about mine.

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 410
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's the feeling I have about it, like I wasn't supposed to be seeing them, and he rushed over to put me back to sleep.

Sounds likes we's been messed with.

Sometimes I think I must be a breeder. But then people who know, just know and all I got was dreams and PMS. I do remember being frozen as a child in bed - I've been hypnopompic/gogic - that was something else. Besides, I saw one on a bus. And my friend who feels on and off again pregnant - even went out and got a test, which was positive and then mysteriously ended.
But that too, happens everyday. She has a boyfriend.

Sorry, I do digress.

Sometimes I feel like I'm sneaking around things I've been told never to discuss, and dreams are an ambiguous way of resolving conflict. The old, there's no reason to discuss that, after a sphere flies into the room and hovers in observation.

Midnight Blue

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

or you just fall asleep right after being scared out of your mind. How did you feel? "Oh I was more scared then I have ever been in my life." Then what did you do? "I went to sleep..."

Also, I'm also suspicious of dreams that don't meandor off into nonsensical stuff, but stop abuptly without the person actually waking up. I was dreaming and then I passed out, HUH?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 567
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

opal, are you an abductee? If so, see my semi-serious response in Area 52...

(Message edited by waxtadpole on August 25, 2006)

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1054
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

opal,Midnight..I'll never really know
if it was or wasen't,but the inside of
my mouth is tender perhaps from something
to do with not being able to speak properly..
feels like I was biting it..the overall
"feel" is yes it was a visit because the
last I remember I was thinking that thought.
better ones tonight I hope :-)

brown

Post Number: 771
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lol.. midnight blue wrote.."..just fall asleep right after being scared out of your mind. How did you feel? "Oh I was more scared then I have ever been in my life." Then what did you do? "I went to sleep..."

That is so true. If something is happening that is so frickin weird its mega scary then the normal human response is to pass out. "blip" out like a light!

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 413
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 2:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's so true, that happened to me not so long ago. My movement was tampered with, I heard electronic voices was scared out of my wits and conk - out like a light.

Hmmm

John
Intermediate Member
Username: john

Post Number: 180
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

3 nights ago I had a dream about an airplane dancing in the jungle somewhere I have no clue. and on the back of it is/was the word I thought anyway at first Jamaica but on closer inspection I saw that it was actually jamiroquai I have that a lot in dreams objects presenting them selves in some strange way. the dancing airplane reminded me that I had had another dream years ago of being in the plain. with a small dude. look I am tall every one seems small to me. and the plain we were flying in was alive or pulsing as we were traveling in the sky to a destination that I don’t recall getting to

so any way I went out and bought a jamiroquai CD yesterday...... um yah, you fly.

Damon the dream bodies thing is always a weird thing for me, I never get a negative from it. always an experience that leaves me happy for days. the phoenix aye did it look like a pheasant or a hawk? I dreamed of one one time and it looked like a pheasant or a peahen and was red with blue and yellow feathers in the wings and tail. I think the one in harry potter is very close to the dream one like they were there.

interesting conversation here dreamers. I am shutting up now.

Damon

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As best I can remember the Phoenix I saw more resembled a hawk. The colors where all orange, yellow, and red, heavily contrasted against the black void we were in. There was absolutely nothing else except the Phoenix and the void. The most impressive moment of the dream was when it spread its wings to land...just incredible is all I can say.

John
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 184
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I looked it up in the animal magic book and it does appear both ways but no explanation at the difference. wonder what the difference is. hum Mark might know if he is reading here.

for all I know it could appear as an ostrich to some one else.

slw
Advanced Member
Username: slw

Post Number: 455
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 12:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, Your dolphin and phoenix dreams are exhilarating! I would love to swim like a dolphin! One thing I thought of in the dolphin dream is how much an alien swimming toward you would look like a great white shark, possibly a screen memory?. The phoenix dream, I feel was a message and maybe not just for you!

opal, You're right. The place I dreamed of would probably be best described as simple (and bleak) instead of primitive. The hills were mostly the same size and height. It all looked planned rather than natural.

I only just now got back to your above posts. I've been reading "The Grays" and hope to finish it tonight, so I'm off! These are interesting posts, I always enjoy reading this dream thread!

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 627
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon, that was beautiful when you wrote:

Phoenix - Once again in this black void, wondering what now? I again see a point of light but this time it is moving towards me. It started out like a flickering candle flame but grew larger and larger. As it grew closer I could make out a shape, it was a phoenix! I was in awe of its beauty, the colors where so vivid, movement so graceful. It spread its wings and landed on an invisible perch in front of me. It sat there and stared at me for what seemed like minutes. I then asked it what it wanted and it said “it is time”. I replied “time for what” and it replied “time to find a new son”. It then turned and flew away as it had come. I remember feeling like I had just lost a loved one. This bothered me for weeks and I still wonder if this was really the end of something or just a dream.

“time to find a new son”
...could it have been sun?

John, you said - wonder what the difference is. hum Mark might know if he is reading here.
Between the hawk and the phoenix?
Oh yes...
Hawk is a guide, phoenix is a force of nature.

Read on...
"What Myth Are You?"

You are Form 0, Phoenix; The Eternal. And the Phoenix's cycle had reached zenith, so he consumed himself in fire. He emerged from his own ashes, to be immortal forever.
Some examples of the Phoenix Form are:
Quetzacoatl
Shiva
Ra-Atum
The Phoenix is associated with the concept of life, the number 0, and the element of fire. This sign is the eclipsed Sun. As a member of form 0, you are a determined individual. You tend to keep a sense of optimism even through tough times, and have a positive outlook on most situations.
You have a way of looking at going through life as a journey that you can constantly learn from. Phoenixes are the best friends to have because they cheer people up easily.

Those were my quiz results from http://quizilla.com/

We would do well to remember the lore that existed

before us...just in case it's all true.
There's a subtle use in all this.

Ryan
Intermediate Member
Username: ryan

Post Number: 136
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 1:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had another height dream a few nights ago. I thought I was over those. This one might have been triggered from what I saw on the way home from school that day. I was driving down the highway and going the other way was a mobil crane. Behind it was a semi truck with what looked like support parts on it. I thought "that's sure not very mobil" considering the truck was having to haul some of it. Anyways, in the dream, it was a crane like this, except in the dream, it seemed taller of course. I was at the base of the crane and there were people tied to ropes and they were being pulled up by the crane and they were helping to keep the item the crane was lifting from spinning or swinging. It just seemed very precarious and was uncomfortable and unpleasant to watch. It was one of those dreams of course where when I wake up, I don't see it from exactly the same perspective as I had in the dream and it seems completely bearable in real life. In those dreams though, that's not the same mind as my waking mind.

John
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 187
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yup mark that would seem to be my lesson in life to take a look at myth. its enriched my life immeasurably. thanks for the info. you rock that way

the herein is also a form of sorts on the phoenix I learned that lastnight too.

pop music if you ask me, it never stops once it starts.

I have been reading the blue apples, man does he ever nail every question I have had as of late in that book. if you all get the chance please read it.

have had the religion reevaluation thing my whole life. walked away after my patriarchal blessing when I was 15, that was when it all kicked in higher gear, only to put all of it on the back burner for years meaning always to get back to it. well when I had the phoenix visitation life as I knew it fell apart again. I have virtually lost every thing from that old life, material things but they have been replaced and new things have come in to my life and the lessons I have learned since 2000 are for me way better then what it is that I thought I wanted in life. as it turns out I am not the Jones’s.

Ryan in the dreams I think we have access to more information or know ourselves better. for I know exactly what you mean when you say that last bit in your post. some times it disturbing sometimes its delightful. the good and the bad seems to be the way of it.

peace every one

Damon

Post Number: 68
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 9:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Group....Thanks for all you comments regarding my dreams, as always, you give me a new perspective to "see" the dream from again.

Here is another black void dream I had just a few days prior to the Phoenix dream, what do you think?

It began abruptly in the middle of another dream. I was suddenly floating in this black void, I could see nothing and was wondering to myself where I was. I turned and turned trying to find something when I see a distant point of light. I begin flying towards the light and realize I am over a body of water. I can see the light reflecting off of the ripples in the water and can smell the dampness in the air. I can see I’m nearing a shoreline and that the light is a large bonfire. The area is sandy with large megalithic rocks in a large circle. There are three men sitting around the fire talking but I can’t make out what they are saying. I float in behind one of the men to hear what they are saying when he suddenly raises his hand and stops the conversation. He then turns and looks right at me and says he is here. I was shocked and then felt this incredible rush of speed and awoke from the dream.

Hale
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a void dream once. I was awake at the time, but the state of mind I would say was very much belonging to dream (and not substance induced). In my case, I understood the void to be a place that was between our physical world and other nonphysical worlds (due to the context of the experience). It seemed to me that this space subsumed all images created there after they were created/used (like dream imagery used to help illustrate or tell the story). That is to say everything went back to pure void at some point. It was clear to my mind that this was some kind of meeting place. Once the meeting was over I had a whooshing feeling, not overly physical feeling, but a definite shift back to normal consciousness.

I have heard here and there of voids like this and wonder if they are connected to this kind of space.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 626
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 4:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm surprised it took this long, but I finally dreamt of the girl I had a *huge crush* on in HS, but didn't have the nerve to do much about, a pivotal event in my mostly-unadventurous existence (maybe that whole silly pretend-romance business in Area 52 triggered it, for all I know, or maybe it was that song-from-'81 synchronicity. This girl's the one who inadvertently got me hooked on RUSH). Anyway, I figured I might as well get up and post it, after which time I might be (with luck) primed for a belated resumption in my attempts at a lucid dream.

Anyway, in this bit of recall I finally met her in some sort of public washroom. I was unable to make eye contact for the whole sequence, but I did get to spill my guts of everything I'd ever wanted to say to her, and I could tell she was listening with full attention, and it felt good. However there was some sort of barrier preventing her from talking to me.

Eventually this 'psychic barrier' seemed to coalesce into the person I took to be her current spouse/boyfriend. This guy horned in and began to make small talk, but I could tell he felt like I was making some kind of move on her and felt threatened. While this went on, I found myself with a slushy cup of Coke which I rather enjoyed despite my overall frustrated mood. At this time the dream gradually faded and eventually I woke up with the sense (or maybe faint hope) that I'd actually communicated with her psychically...

(Message edited by waxtadpole on August 29, 2006)