Archive through August 15, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through August 15, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 555
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 2:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, such great artists you all are. I've always wanted to be one, but, alas and alack, "practical" things always have gotten in the way of my taking classes. I have a smidgen of innate talent, but only a smidgen. Need guidance. Every time I get ready to sign up for a class, something else more important has to be taken care of. I guess I don't have what it takes to be a real artist or I'd just say phooey on the practical and go for the art.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ Misery loves company. ~~ Wanna hang out? ~~

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 1496
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Define "real artist??" There is no such thing. Anytime someone raises their hands to "create" be it a lovely cake, a latte, hugs their loved children, makes mud pies or sand castles, fills a scrapbook with photos (enhanced or not) they are an "artist."

Being here, writing your thoughts, that's art!!! (By the way, have never taken an "art class," just practice each day, and sketch the shadows and leave "the light."

(Message edited by Leathab on August 03, 2006)

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10464
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's so true--back when I was blocked from painting, I switched to composing color combinations in flower garden beds and then to designing the shed I built. An artist, to me, is defined as someone who thinks creatively. They don't need to paint or sculpt, necessarily. And writers are artists, just in a different medium. They make word pictures

Sal, I need a stiff drink, but the sun isn't over the yardarm here yet, so I'll settle for an iced mocha--a triple--to keep me glued to my easel today. Still struggling to finish the faerie pic and I'm wondering if perhaps I shouldn't do Lily's Merovingian Princess image entirely in Poser and Photoshop and not even try to paint it on canvas?? That great printer I found in Berkeley could do a 16X20 Giclee print of it on canvas and I could frame that, instead. So little time til the convention!!! Yikes!!!!

[Pat panics and decides to dive under the blanket in the stuffie corner with Brighid and buddie--Sal will have to serve that mocha to me there]
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 2515
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 2:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

patricia

i'm assuming you'll see don and janny. he just finished contributing to the animation of 'antz? or ants'.

hope you do well.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10467
Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Haven't laid eyes on either of them for a dozen years--I hope I can recognize them, susi! I'm looking forward to seeing their work so much--it's so unusual for two artists of their caliber to be a couple and when their panel space happens to be together, it's just awesome to see that much superbly-done art all hanging together!
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

susi t learn

Post Number: 2533
Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 1:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh i got the name wrong-i think it's 'ant bully'.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 735
Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

God I did something Really..Really STUPID
last night.I got a new (to me) PC.I took the
old one to the garbage last night and placed it with the big items.
This morning when I took out the regular trash
I noticed it was gone..THEN BELLS went OFF..
the thing was still working..
I felt sick to my stomack..Got to work and I
cancelled my small amount credit card that was auto inserted at Amazon and sitting in favourites..Now I'm just realizing all my
E-mail addies..friends,work,family
I can't do anything about it..OH GOD !!
OH GOD !!I hope they just wants parts..
or are at least good people?? OH S**T !!
Hides back under blankie..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1517
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, hopefully, they aren't "computer savvy." Did it sit in the heat for any length of time, (might have "cooked" components.) Always "bash" a computer or remove the hard drive and "kill" it.

nadm
Intermediate Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, sorry about your glitch. for next time, think about either donating your used electronics to a non-profit, or recycling (you can clear out personal files first). why recycle used computers? i was surprised to learn some of the toxic elements in electronics. cell phones, TVs, and other devices, too.

http://www.thegreenpc.com/the_issues.htm

excerpts:

"Discarded Electronics:

Represent a rapidly growing waste stream. An estimated 20 million personal computers became obsolete in 1998. Most of these are in storage. Fewer than 6 percent were recycled. Currently the useful life of a computer is only 3 years and shrinking. In 2005, more than 63 million personal computers are projected to be retired according to a recent study by the National Safety Council.

Waste valuable resources, including precious and other metals, engineered plastics, and glass.

Contain hazardous or toxic substances. Some electronic products (notably those with cathode ray tubes or CRTs, circuit boards, batteries, and mercury switches) contain materials such as lead, mercury, cadmium, chromium, and some types of flame retardants, and do so in amounts that may cause them to test hazardous under federal law. In particular, the glass screens, or CRTs in computer monitors and televisions can contain as much as 27 percent lead. Some estimate that electronic products represent the largest remaining contributor of heavy metals to the solid waste stream."

susi t learn

Post Number: 2545
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

our group collects donated computers from businesses. when they upgrade, they just toss the old ones. so we pick them up. if any need repair, we have a couple of savvy guys that fix them.

then we donate them back to native american kids in school.

this was hard to believe, but i read that the most damaging industrial pollution comes from computers. reference-'in the abscense of the sacred' by jerry mander.

nadm
Intermediate Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 140
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, i read the same. since many batteries (car batteries especially) are now recycled, electronics provide the largest toxic component to landfills.

i get so aggravated that things can't be repaired anymore. small appliances like toaster ovens are made cheesier and cheesier all the time, and no one will repair them. used to be there were small appliance shops that would fix a toaster, a TV, any little machine you could not fix yourself. now people laugh when you ask about repairs. our economy runs on the Discard And Replace approach.

unfortunately, the issue with electronics is not just the toxic additions to dumps. some of those same elements are being mined, in the first place, in horrendous conditions, in some of the poorest and most violent nations on the globe. sometimes the income feeds militias (the same militias we read are conscripting child soldiers, among other atrocities). there have been scandals in the Congo and other central African countries on the stripping of natural resources for western electronic firms, by virtual slave labor.

when we get so far removed from the origins of what we use everyday, things get outa whack.

is "jerry mander" a real name? it's an awfully good pun...

susi t learn

Post Number: 2548
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i'm afraid so. parents must have had a bent sense of humor.

but i think that's one of the most important books i own.

buddie

Post Number: 747
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 1:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the info..I don't know if they
separate the Big items but hopefully so..
It was out in extreme heat and humidity..
I just don't know for how long it sat there..
If I were thinking I should have donated it.
I've received a few e-mails and nobody
mentioned anything weird happening..
I'm keeping my fingers crossed..

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10471
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, The Skeptic shuddered when I told him about your computer, but he also said the odds were at least slightly against it falling into the hands of a criminal--some do, some don't...I guess it's the luck of the draw. You might want to Google "identity theft" and go read some of the sites that address this and see if they have any advice for precautions you might want to take now. There are things that you can do and the sooner, the better.

Donating old computers is definitely the way to go. I found an old friend who needed a beginner computer when I got rid of an old Mac last year, but there are lots of charities that will even collect them from your place.

buddie

Post Number: 765
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat I have Googled since you messaged and
I don't think I have enough info on there
to ID me..
They would have to be very smart to get
into my personal sympatico account and
I do all my banking over the phone.I'm
worried about my e-mail addies now.
Stuff with my name attached??

I wasen't thinking
sniff..sniff

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10477
Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 12:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oy. Well, what's done is done. At least you can be certain that you'll never, EVER make THAT mistake again, right?!

If anyone you've emailed (and whose email addys are in your computer) suddenly starts getting weird spam, perhaps their email providers would trace them. I'm not certain whether anyone can do anything to stop it, but maybe someone else here has more expertise in internet matters and can tell you more about it. With all the spam that most folks now get, I doubt if anyone could really tell if it was due to their addys being sold, anyway.....

buddie

Post Number: 767
Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Right!!!
For the record I had no UC addies in that PC..
The Heat and Humidity is GONE for today..Yeah!!
Sal a Large vanilla Ice Cap to go thanks..
Everyone have a great day !!!

Brighid
Advanced Member
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 380
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 1:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I always found personality tests interesting! So I thought I'd share and maybe we could all take it and see what we are!

Sample Enneagram Test: Free Kind

The site said most women get #2 because that's how society raises us. It's true it was how I was raised. Then it says to look at the others. These were my first four results in order, they were too close to differentiate much, but I think the last one is more like how I used to be when I was younger.

Type Two
The Helper

The caring, interpersonal type. Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others.

Type Four
The Individualist

The introspective, romantic type. Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

Type Five
The Investigator

The perceptive, cerebral type. Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation. At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way.

Type Seven
The Enthusiast

The busy, productive type. Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 776
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cool Brighid..

1st...
I tied 4,7,8,9
advised to re-take..

2nd...
7 with 1 and 5 ..I hope I stay healthy
I don't think I'll like being me otherwise :-)

susi t learn

Post Number: 2593
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i didn't like any of the questions. it didn't give me a choice of who i really am. the choices were too extreme for me-i was usually somewhere in the middle.

susi t learn

Post Number: 2594
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

p.s. john started this thread (opened sal's cafe)...so where has he been?

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 381
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

They were very extreme but I think that was the point of them. I'm usually somewhere in the middle myself.

John is...

on hiatus! Yes... that's it! And Sal will be serving up leftovers until his return!

Except the coffee... because left over coffee is icky.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 777
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I guess John has Forgotten His 1st Rule for Sal's
It's a Happy Place and a Safe Place
And we are all equal in Sal's eyes ...
Leftovers Please Sal..

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10482
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll have the blue plate special--Sal's left-overs are better than most restaurants' just-cooked dishes

[climbs onto a stool at the counter and guzzles a large iced tea] I just saved a painting I've been working on for weeks that I thought I'd ruined Tried to do skin tones on a faerie in fast-drying acrylic paint, which was *totally* stupid! I know better than to do that, but it's been almost a dozen years since I painted flesh-tones and I thought I could do it in acrylics--Hah!

So I painstakingly wetted the dried-on, clotted acrylic paint (without ruining all the painted areas around them--awful job), then scraped it off with an Exacto knife, trying not to ruin the canvas underneath (!!!) Then I re-gessoed the faerie and repainted her in alkyds, which are blendable.

Non-artists probably have no clue what I just whinged about, but, trust me, it was a 2 day ordeal I never EVER plan to repeat...at least, not in this lifetime I am SO far behind in getting ready for that big show....

susi t learn

Post Number: 2605
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 8:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

patricia

know exactly what you mean. that's why i work in oils. :-)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10486
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 1:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, I'd work in oils all the time, except for the long drying times. I do a lot of glazing with transparent layers and I can do a bunch of them within half an hour, using acrylics and a hairdryer. So in future I'll do as much as I can in acrylics and then do any areas that need lots of blending in alkyds (fast-drying oils) last. They dry overnight...in fact, if you ever need to do an oil painting in a hurry, you can use Windsor & Newton's Liquin Medium with regular oil paints and they'll dry much faster than usual.

buddie

Post Number: 796
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 7:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat I'm so happy you saved your work !!
I'd have cried..from frustration..
You'll make the show in time and it will
be an enjoyable one ..

kathy decker
Intermediate Member
Username: kat

Post Number: 188
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 4:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi! I would love something homemade, maybe a big plate of sauteed veggies with fresh herbs and some bread and butter. Fresh corn-and pie!
Been eating a lot of canned fod lately.
I can't wait to get back online-I miss everyone.
I saved my paintings and drawings-we put them in the attic at the last minute before we had to leave.
Great tip Patricia- I hate the long drying time associated with oils, but I love working with them.
Gotta go-hope to see ya later.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10492
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 2:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[Slides onto the counter stool beside kathy] Make that 2, Sal! And add a tall iced tea--it's hot here again today.

I'm so glad that your artwork is safe, kathy. It's so fragile and easily damaged that I'm often amazed by the amount of it that has made it through hundreds or thousands of years. When the Oakland Hills went up in the Firestorm, some of my originals that were in their buyers' homes were turned to ash. It was a sad feeling to know that all my painstaking work on them was gone in a matter of seconds, vanished along with so much else that was precious to those burnt-out homeowners.

Art is ephemeral, but we still need to do it, don't we? Not everything that has importance is necessarily durable.....

buddie

Post Number: 837
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 12:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat waxy Said.. I Can't even repeat it..

I'm going On with the aches and pains..
Now I'm ..going for a smoke

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1615
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hardest attachment of all, one's art. Sometimes it's hard to "give-away/sell" because it's like giving birth. The art has to make it's way, off.
But the "empty-nest" syndrome affects the artist deeply.

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 385
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's why I never made money off of anything I've ever made.

--From Harley

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10502
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 3:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder if it has to do with whether or not a person's primary idea of "Self" is closely, even exclusively, tied to being an artist? Perhaps if they have other qualities/abilities by which they define themselves, then art can just be done for the artist's pleasure and never sold.

But if the artist's entire self-worth is inextricably tied up with *being an artist*, then selling the work becomes very important...and not just from a financial standpoint. I dunno. But I do think about it a lot. And Sal's is a good place to talk about it, I think--it's a darn shame that John acted out so nastily toward me and banished himself from here in the process, since he's an artist too. Burning bridges often tends to end up isolating their arsonist in a sad way.

I'll have another iced tea, but "to go", Sal--I've got to go paint a woodland violet plant in a bed of moss and it's not going to be easy. I'd rather hang out here!

buddie

Post Number: 839
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 8:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I drew all the time as a kid and began
sketching in my late teens up into my
late 20's then I stopped.
I lost interest and don't know why
since it brought me joy and I was pretty
good at it(so I was told)..
I can't seem to get the feeling back,
although I admit I haven't tried very hard.
I have developed a bit of a problem
focusing for extended periods..
somewhere along the line I became more
hyper.
I also think I'm afraid I'll Fail at
it therefore I put it out of my mind.

Now that I'm more settled in my
life style I'm "hoping" to give that
part of me some serious effort.

(Message edited by buddie on August 13, 2006)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10513
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You might try taking an inexpensive night school drawing class, buddie--that's how I finally broke my decade-long painting block--wish I'd thought of it a lot sooner

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1631
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wish they were 'inexpensive' but with everything going up in price, and gasoline, it may be beyond many "fixed-incomes."

Would love to do that, but the ones offered in my area, are affiliated with universities/colleges/high-schools, and are not cheap, plus "supplies."

susi t learn

Post Number: 2682
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 2:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

my 'career' started when i was 3 yrs old.

my dad had these really old, old books; what looked like a first edition of swiss family robinson and a fairey tale book and a scouting book.

one day when i was much older, i was looking through those books and i found all these drawings on the blank pages, on the printed pages-in any space i could find. after that, he brought home these huge rolls of stiff beige paper so i could 'express' myself to my little hearts' desire. i can now appreciate how 'thrilled' my dad was.

thing is, they were all of the same thing...angels (with wings) in bikinis. and they all seemed to have pigtails. LOL

i was a s-t-r-a-n-g-e little kid.

buddie

Post Number: 847
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 5:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

1st I need to get my feeling back.My interest!

I have a brother inlaw who paints beautifully
and I'll just ask for art supplies from my
family for Xmas :-) since they know everything
is over budget for me and "I" went to Visit
This Summer..I do think I could manage a course
providing it's close by..I use Transit now..
but they never have them in my area..

Susi funny you say that..My older brother had
me drawing the Armies and the Indians in the
Gun Battles he wanted played out.
He had a Marshal Badge!!
They were on Mom's writing paper.
We must have been in SH**..
We found those after our Mom passed away..
Lots where on the backs of old photos :-)

(Message edited by buddie on August 13, 2006)

buddie

Post Number: 860
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 5:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Lab..I have a question if you don't mind?
I'm reading the book Hunt for the Skinwalker..
I know it was talked about in here because
of the Cattle Mutilations I think,
I'm more interested with what the Gorman
Family went through back in the 90's..
Since it takes place in Utah
do you remember reading anything about
the Scary events that took place on
their Ranch??

(Message edited by buddie on August 14, 2006)

buddie

Post Number: 861
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 5:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH I meant to say this last night,
Lab you have never taken art lessons?
From the quality of your work it's
hard to believe..you surely are a
natural..

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 559
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 7:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just dropping in to say "howdy". Glad everyone seems to be occupied with something pleasant to keep minds occupied with positive thoughts. Kathy, I'm still praying for ya.

Susi, have you ever posted any of your work? I'd like to see it. I've never tried oils cuz they're way out of my price range (right, LAB?), but I might get out my pencils and draw, or do some wood-burning. I really like wood-burning, then coloring with either oil pencils or acrylics, and the finishing off with varnish or poly-what-ever-you-call-it-that-doesn't-yellow-over-time.

But I've got to dust off Mom's old crochet hooks and get busy making baby booties and such. Already have orders from son & DIL to get off my duff and make some stuff for the 2-B baby.

Sal, how about a nice big chocolate milk shake, like they made in the '50s? Those were much nicer years than today. Hugs to all.
~~ Misery loves company. ~~ Wanna hang out? ~~

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1638
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oil paints are the most expensive things, to fill a 16 x 20 canvas, can be quite the challenge. Liquin (the help-dry medium) isn't cheap either. I'm not one who "keeps" the palette from one session to another, I "re-mix" each time. But I use tiny bits, so not much is wasted. Lots of blending.

Been doing some crocheting myself the last few days, (doll clothes and painting on a store bought dolly, just to see if I can do it, might post it when it's finished, want to see??) "He" is looking quite cute, have to finish his "effects."

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1639
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, you've got to be kidding, right?? Local news or papers talking about "Skinwalker" ranch, didn't happen. (And believe me, I've looked.)

The only person who posted about it, that I know of is "aliendave.com"http://www.picosearch.com/cgi-bin/ts.pl

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10517
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The link doesn't work for me, L. A. B. I just posted in another thread about the little article I came upon while reading about NIDS in Wikipedia. Not sure if it's totally reliable, since it's quoting 2 former employees, but if it is, then it's really depressing. This field really, really needs well-funded professional research groups....

Art media that are a little less expensive than oils--pastels, both oil and regular (off-brand is cheapest); acrylics bought in sets and pencil.

That chocolate milk shake sounds like *heaven* in a glass, moon! I think I'll have one, too. In a nearby section of Berkeley, there's an old drugstore with a genuine soda fountain section, complete with it's original marble-topped counter. When I'm there, I go in for a real cherry Coke, mixed by the soda jerk, like I used to get a million years ago in my hometown.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1641
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thought it would, oh well, go to:
http://www.aliendave.com/
and in his search, type in "Skinwalker ranch."

susi t learn

Post Number: 2687
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 6:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moon

yes but it was not archived.

as soon as my friend hooks up my scanner, i'll post them again.

buddie

Post Number: 864
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 7:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

God Lab that sight!!!
Thank You SO MUCH ..

I got an hour long interview with
the guys .
I haven't even looked at everything..
The interview..
It's as Chilling as the Book..
Hope that place is not close to
you (( HUGS ))

buddie

Post Number: 865
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 8:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK I'm calm now..
sorry my last PC didn't have speakers..
I forgot this was a newer one..Audio!!
The interview really excited me..
Sad I know :-)

Susi I don't remember seeing your art
in here but can't wait to see it..
Moonhowler can we get a picture of your
crocheting masterpiece..I admire anyone
who can do that.I love baby cloths in
crochet..I sit with a lady on the bus
who does it and talks and she never
looks at what she's doing ????

buddie

Post Number: 866
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 8:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab..
didn't read all the posts..
I suppose I must sound stupid
asking that question about Local News
and Skinwalker ??
However,,Do Show your new piece ..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1649
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 7:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's the project.
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/1413/captjack2lo7.jpg

The little inset is what I start with (a nekkid chief doll from Michael's craft store) and my "additions" crocheted and beaded. (It's supposed to be Capt. Jack Sparrow.)