Archive through August 20, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through August 20, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

slw
Advanced Member
Username: slw

Post Number: 432
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sometimes warnings come to us in dreams. The other night I dreamed of standing beside a vehicle with a flat tire. A masculine voice said to me "That tire is flat. It is totally flat!" He was right, it was sitting on the rim!

In the morning I told this dream to my husband and he looked a little uneasy. He said he'd had to put air in the front tire by the driver and he needed to check the air again. (That was the same place as the tire in my dream but I was standing too close to tell the type of vehicle.)

When we were out, he checked the tire and said he thought it had a small nail in it. We both agreed it needed to be fixed so we took it to a garage. The repairman said the tire was in such bad shape that it could not be repaired. It had worn down to the tread on the inside where it could not be seen. This is a new van with only 18,000 miles on it so we would have never thought it would be in such bad shape.

That dream probably saved us alot of inconvenience or even physical harm. So we do need to pay attention to our dreams if we can only remember them!

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 3045
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good reminder, SLW. Interesting dream too.
"Question what's real. Question who's real."

slw
Advanced Member

Post Number: 433
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 12:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas, Thanks for the response. Sometimes it's the simple (checking air in tires) things that get us through this life.

John
Intermediate Member
Username: john

Post Number: 148
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 1:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

my grand mother came in to a dream to show me where it was that my EX was drinking far too much and i got up went to where she showed me and yup it was true he was plastered and took off and i followed him home and we had a long talk about his distructive behavior. he has not gotten that drunk since. and i had no choice he did not let me get his keys but i still followed him and made sure he got home ok. no trafic thak god that night.

anyway it was weird about my grand mother as i had a lot of resentment for the woman. but her showing up in the dream some how made it better my memories of her. she is still healing her self over there as she still had a crutch. i imagian that it is hard to give up on the pain or things that you lived with so long in life. hope she makes it all the way. even love her now a bit. not so angery with her anymore

could it be that russ is missing his EX? maybe or not. i followed mine in dreams for a full month after spliting. then some one showed me what it looked like from his perspective and i saw myself as an out of controle person in the dream. it was not the me that i know in the here and now. some savage child like thing that wanted its way and was just not getting it. i like the rational me better. anyway cool dream accounts russ.

russadams
Advanced Member
Username: lightsleeper

Post Number: 464
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, My ex and I haven't been together for more than 5 years. We've managed to remain good friends but I don't miss him, so it came as a surprise to have the series of dreams about him.

SLW, Funny you mentioned that about your tire. I also recently had a dream in which my car overheated and stopped on the highway. The very next morning I went out to check it and sure enough the coolant was dangerously low. Weird how that stuff works.

slw
Advanced Member

Post Number: 435
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John & Russadams, It seems that someone/something watches over us.

Russ, Let us know if you hear from your ex. Just curious and hope he's okay.

opal
Intermediate Member
Username: albi

Post Number: 179
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Images we see when drifts the mind's eye: I saw one square of a bas relief, compressed under a thousand years of build-up.

Once a proud trim around a Mayan building, now flattened and forgotten. On it, two lovers are locked in their combat.

The stone is slightly flattened and the plum and level perfection that once thrilled its creators is crumbled and conceding to the weight of the earth.

Even so, the two lovers look more sensuous. Minute fractures of time slowly rendered the square more rectangle and softened the hard angles of stone.

Holding the world off of her, he stretches out over her form. More erotic and tender with time, the lovers supine in their intimate ecstasy.

(Message edited by albi on August 12, 2006)

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 604
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 1:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Doesn't sound like a Mayan theme...India, maybe.

opal
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 180
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 9:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Could be, but the aesthetics made me think South America. Seems to be pretty much a universal theme. lol

I dreamt the city was like something out of late night Sopranos episode. Dark, fraught with hidden stories and plans, dangerous and unpredictable.

It looked like Bladerunner without the constant rain. There were ancient people here watching over the changes. They were non-invasive, but could access any information they'd like.

I met a woman who wore a scapular. Two wise people who were some of those who watched over - said - 'She's the wise and foolish virgin.'

I looked at her scapular and it contained the Chinese character for danger and opportunity.

russadams
Advanced Member

Post Number: 465
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks slw, if I am ever able to reach him, I'll post. He has had quite an interesting past, including secret operations in the military. Some of the people involved in those operations have maintained steady contact with him over the years since his discharge. I have a pretty good reason for thinking all may not be right.

Last night, I had many dreams, only one of which I remember. I was back in grade school and we were making models of Godzilla out of peas. Can't even imagine what brought that one on.

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 5:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Opal - very interesting dream, kind of reminds me of some of my own dreams. Although my dreaming has really slowed down here of late. Not sure what it is, maybe what I'm reading before I go to bed, been reading a book about the United States remote viewing program, interesting book.

Has anybody noticed a connection between what they are reading prior to sleep and what they dream of?

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 605
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 7:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon says,
Has anybody noticed a connection between what they are reading prior to sleep and what they dream of?

"Any particular image in dream has nothing to do with what you watched, read (or ate) before bed. These were merely the most recent images your mind had to show you. The subconscious (dream) mind doesn't speak English. Remember the function of the subconscious mind is to take "imaged" desires and re-create them into experience. Through Universal images readily recognized by the conscious mind. When the conscious mind sleeps, the subconscious mind speaks through the use of pictures and symbolism. It speaks of understandings that could be gained through your experiences that you are currently going through, it speaks of the understandings that you have gained and ones that are about to slip away without recognition. This part of the mind knows and understands your unique journey past, present and future. It holds all the information about you. It is in direct contact / receives messages not only from your conscious mind but from your superconscious mind. Everything you ever wanted to know about you is all stored here and available, to consciously awaken and access. How could one let it go unrecognized? By interpreting dreams you receive information, draw upon knowledge, align conscious and subconscious mind to work in wholeness."

-dream notes

opal
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 186
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 7:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Damon, there's a total connection between what you consume and what you produce. I was raised with the saying - 'garbage in, garbage out'.

It works on all levels: physical, emotional, spiritual, mental. The turgid practicality of business English is soul-less next to rhetorical prose. Earlier works contain symphonies of secret worlds.

Computers with their detached and disabused members have further emasculated the tongue's wily muse. I think many spend their days deceived and broken hearted by lack of what they can't say.

It's a heartbeat connection in 'you are what you eat' and television's obsession with women, sports, cars and red meat.

lol

Honestly though, MOTK said technology could destroy souls, and I think we've seen the start of that with television and internet.
Kids in candy-stores.

Mark, I was writing while you were posting. Very thoughtful and true. Is there something in the sub-conscious mind other than the montage of experience accrued.

Or is it otherwise wise?

(Message edited by albi on August 13, 2006)

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 3098
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 7:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Honestly though, MOTK said technology could destroy souls, and I think we've seen the start of that with television and internet.

Right on, Opal.

But just "the start"?
"Question what's real. Question who's real."

opal
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 187
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

From the sounds of the book it gets worse and there is that non-invasive brain-scanning technology.

I spied with my little eye a machine getting loaded with a package of soul. The machine was mobile forward on katamaran floaters and bisected symmetrically. It was metallic not silver and shaped like a swooped un-bent pretzel. The back opened up and a bright rectangle of energy encased in some kind of package was inserted into the machine. I thought a package of human soul, now muted with a different purpose.

shudder

So I put away the book. Not that it's garbage, but it's scary as hell.

russadams
Advanced Member

Post Number: 466
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm reading "Imajica" at night when I'm in bed. Strangely fascinating book that I never thought I'd like. Haven't dreamed about it, but there are some interesting parallels there.

Damon

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 9:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Group - I thank you for your food for thought on this subject.

quigs
Username: astralgazer

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 3:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a dream, I believe, about the Nephilim on Saturday night. I didn't know whether to classify it as an OBE or as a dream. I guess you guys could decide for me. I'll try to keep this short and I have to omit some portions because they may be offensive to some. If you would like to know the whole dream I can PM it to you.

My husband and I were traveling with a group of ppl to a large cave where it was rumored beasts lived. Our mission was to get rid of them because they had been harassing our village at night. The landscape and our garbs reminded me a lot of Star Wars but set on Mars. Lots of red sand.

When we reached the "cave" it had a huge door. We were planning a surprise attack but that was not to be. They were expecting us. The door was open and inside the cave/dungeon was a lavish feast laid out for us. There were obviously no windows so numerous torches were used for lighting.

Shortly after we arrived the ground started to shake. I looked up and saw two enormous men enter the cave. They were probably a good 5 1/2 feet taller than I. Both were without shirts and wearing what looked like pants made out of the skins of an animal. They were identical twins I believe. The only difference being in the style of their hair. One had his hair up, the other down. They both had medium length brown hair and very black, fierce-looking eyes. Also they were very strong. I estimated that one of their arms was as big as I.

After they made their entrance a bunch of their humanoid followers appeared. I say humanoid because they looked like humans but something was off about them. Their energies didn't feel human. The 2 giants then asked us all to please sit down at the table. We were their honored guests. Well one girl in the party decided this was too much for her and she tried to run. One of the men grabbed her and threw her up against the wall of the cave. She died on impact. The men then asked if anyone else wanted to leave and of course no one dared.

We then began choosing seats at the table. I chose one closest to the door. It was a long rectangular table and I was one away from the end of the table. I assumed the head of it would have been on the other end but I was wrong. One giant took one end and the other sat to the right of me. I remember feeling this immense fear at being so close to him.

He started to eat and I decided why the heck not and began to eat as well. He then began conversing with those on the other side of him. I tuned into the coversation and decided to offer my opinion. He looked over to me and met me squarely in the eyes. Instead of cowering I decided to try to stare him down. At this point I thought we were as good as dead anyways so what did it matter. As he looked into my eyes I could feel him try to enter my mind. I was blocking pretty good and this amused him.

I didn't realize how long this would get. I'll finish in the next post. Stay tuned....

(Message edited by astralgazer on August 14, 2006)
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." Jason Webley

quigs

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

After he tried to enter my mind and somewhat failed I decided it was time for my husband and I to take our leave. All of us in the group had these portable teleporting devices to bring us back to the village. I told the man that I had been talking to that we were going to leave. He again looked thoroughly amused with me. The rest of my group looked at me as if I had lost my mind completely. The brother at the other end of the table stood up, I'm assuming to tell us we couldn't leave, but the guy next to me silenced him. He gave the whole party permission to leave. Everyone started firing up their teleporters including my husband. Soon only my husband and I were left. I saw my husband beam away and that's when my teleporter started on fire in my hand. I happened to look up into the giant's eyes and I knew that this fire was no accident.

I was glad my husband got away but I knew I was in deep you know what. I tried to act nonchalant and I told the brothers I was going to catch a ride. I walked out the door and lo and behold there was a transport vehicle. Looked like a hovercraft. Long story short they decided to bring me back. Well that wasn't to be. When we got to the wormhole (that I thought would bring me back) it actually took me not to the village but straight back to the cave. The one brother had tricked me. He proclaimed I was to be his bride. He then showed me his two children from his previous marriage. They were also twins. He told me that their kind always produced twins and that was the reason his previous bride did not survive. He said that when they were born they were about 15-20 pounds and the gestation period was a year.

I've cut out a lot of naughty portions that occurred. During this dream I had a very long conversation about their kind and what was to be expected of me as his bride. The strangest part was that during this experience I was cognizant of my fan running in my bedroom. I was caught between worlds and the whole time it felt very, very real. As if I was really in that place, talking to him. He was very powerful. The power was an attraction for me and he knew it. He told me that one day I could be very powerful and that I reminded him of one of his sisters. I asked him where she was and he said that she tried to gain too much power. He gave me a look that told me he had probably killed her.

There was a lot more to this dream and if you would like I can PM you with details. Bottom line is that I believe it was the Nefilim. I don't know if was from a past life or one in the future. Or maybe it was another dimension I had traveled to. I've heard of others remote viewing the Nefilim before. Who knows. All I know is that it was the oddest experience I've ever had.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." Jason Webley

opal
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 198
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If anyone is being hounded by those wretched giants it's my 95 pound friend who dreams of them all day because she can't sleep at night. She's always feeling on again, off again pregnant.

Sometimes I do wonder if she's not used in a breeding program.

(Message edited by albi on August 14, 2006)

russadams
Advanced Member

Post Number: 467
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 6:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Quigs, I had to look up Nephilim on Wikipedia before commenting because I wasn't sure what it was. Anyhow, they sound awfully similar to the beings in your "dream".

For me, dreams that are as vivid and realistic as yours, usually indicate one of two things: something that is going to happen--although not necessarily exactly as presented in the dream; there could be a lot of symbolic stuff that only makes sense to you, or makes sense after the actual event occurs. Secondly, it could be that you're seeing something that may be actually happening concurrently in some other place--in this case, "some other place" probably being not in this world that we know. I know that, a number of years ago, I was wide awake and walking to my office and, suddenly, I seemed to be in another body, walking single file with a group of other men, through some kind of cavern, and everyone was wearing the same uniform. And someone told us that our "leader" was dead, and we were like, oh no, but I was secretly relieved. And as quickly as this scene had come, it was gone and I was reaching the door to my office. Talk about being weirded out! Don't know what it meant, but I've had further things happen that were along those lines, and I've about come to the conclusion that I'm somehow seeing into someone else's life. I always sort of felt that it was somehow related to remote viewing. Anyhow, that's just my take on your dream.

Damon

Post Number: 59
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 6:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quiqs - Very interesting, I would like to hear the entire dream, tried to PM you but it says you do not accept them.

I know what you mean about being aware of both dimensions while in that kind of state, I've been there many times myself. Those are also the experiences that you have no problem recalling the next morning. The really don't seem any different than everyday life, with the exception of things you see that are not of this world. I just recently had a dream about two groups fighting and saw a giant of a man in my dream too. I also felt a lot of power coming from him, no twin though.

quigs

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for all the feedback. The ppl on this board have such amazing insights. I was actually counting on that when I posted my dream. I agree russ, dreams of this sort are either potent symbolism or something that actually occurred. I'm leaning towards something that happened at one point or another. It just felt so real. It happened 2 days ago and it still resonates with me.

Opal your thought scares me but it's one I thought of as well. Parts of the dream were...well...graphic to say the least. Does your friend have any kids of her own? I've always worried about that with myself. I swear sometimes I've had all symptoms of pregnancy then a few days later I go to take a test and nothing.

Damon. I fixed the PM issue. I'm sending it right now.
"We have enough religion to hate each other, but not enough to love each other." Jonathan Swift

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 202
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi quigs, yes she has two. There could be a hundred reasons for her condition. I did broach the subject of breeding programs with her. She went white as a ghost and said she wouldn't discuss it.

It's the virulence with which the idea's resisted that best makes the case. Makes me wonder too.

Hale
Username: hale

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

With talk of precognition, it put me in mind of my own dreams that I have found clear precognative elements over the years. I got to a point where I started looking for patterns. Patterns as to when they happen. I found one.

Would anyone care to report on precognitive dreams and when they happen? I am curious to see if this pattern only happens to me or if it might be something that happens to others, too. I wouldn't need to know the dream if you don't care to tell it. Just when it happens. Anyone game? Or perhaps if you keep journals (like I do) you could pick out a few gems you feel pretty confident about. Well, I guess you'd feel pretty confident seeing as how they came true.

John
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 155
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 8:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon pages 32 and 33 animal majic by DJ Conway

it talks about the red and blue threads woven by the spider that the fates keep watch over. sounds like reality and spirituality are fighting. just read that last night and thought of your dream.

Damon

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 9:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John - thanks for the info, how do you like the book so far? I'm looking for something new to pick up.

Damon

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale - the first to come to mind for me was the dreams of my children before they were born. I have had other dreams about them that have yet to pass but I know they will. I can't really explain how I know, you just do during these dreams.

Here is what I dreamed of both my children while my wife was pregnant.

During her first pregnancy I saw a young man sitting at a desk in a room in our house that was at that time a storage room. He was in his early teens, had dark hair and glasses. As I walked into the room he turned to look at me and said “Hi Dad” it shocked me awake and I told my wife what I had dreamed. She laughed at me in the morning because up until that point there had not been any boys born into her family yet. All three of her older siblings had combined for 6 girls up until the birth of my son. He was born with dark hair but did not need glasses. My wife used to joke with me about how at least you got the boy part right. He had to get glasses when he was about ten. There was day shortly after that when I walked in his room one day after work, he was sitting at a desk and said “Hi Dad” and I just knew that was the moment I had dreamed of.

During her second pregnancy I dreamed of a woman in her late twenties with dark hair. She was sitting at a table in what seemed to be a restaurant. She was telling me she was getting engaged to be married. Well she was born with red hair like her mother’s, which by the age of 2 had changed to blonde. Once again my wife jokingly said “well at least you got the girl part right.” She is now in her early teens and her hair has turned from blonde to brown.

I also had a dream where I was shown three people, they were standing next to one another but I could not see their faces or did not want to. I was told that they all would die soon. The first would die of cancer and the other two would pass peacefully. Within 3 months of that dream I lost my grandfather on my fathers side to cancer, which at the time of the dream no one knew he had it. He went to the doctor because of an open sore on his back and never came out of the hospital. I then lost my grandfather and grandmother on my mothers side within 8 months of each other.

John
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 157
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

DJ Conway has an open interpretation of the obe and the use of magic. not that I am a ritual type person mind you but I have enjoyed the book and found very familiar things in it. I only got it at the suggestion of another and boy that person nailed it with suggesting the book. take the parts that fit that is all I can say love the book highly recommend it. 21 one lessons of Merlin would be another book that will open your eyes damon. and I think you’ll find it familiar. those two books are magic books and what ever your thoughts on it may be just read them for the content. please read them you’ll see what I mean.

prophetic dreams have been for me of a personal nature. did have the u s invasion dream though years ago. never happened like the dream said though.

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 338
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 7:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Hey John! When'd you get back? Good to see you again! I haven't found my blue gem yet, though I'm at the tail end of a major "lesson".)

After a month of major insomnia, I'm happy to be back to a somewhat-normal sleep cycle, and last night I had my first significant dream recall since that began. I recall two "dreamlets":

1) I am back at a place I worked about 5 years ago, but my supervisor is not anyone from real life, and she's a total rhymes-with-witch!

I'm sitting at a desk with a heap of invoices or bills or somesuch with sticky notes on them, and she comes over and grabs one seemingly at random and rips into me for not doing the urgent contact of so-and-so on the note right away.

I try to explain to her that the darn thing just blended in but she'd have none of it. She began to give me some stupid analogy about how if I had a library book that was overdue and I just let it sit around my fine would get bigger and bigger - she said this in a threatening manner, as if I was facing some sort of escalating disciplinary action.

My response was that the analogy would only hold if the library book was in a big pile of similar-looking books that were NOT overdue. She would
not hear any of this and walked away in a huff.

Moments later it is night-time and I am wandering the halls with my Mom (I think school open-houses of yore got intermingled at this point). She wanted to get a look at this lady, so we meandered through the building and ran across Witchy taking some sort of coffee break with two friends.

As Mom and I left the room again, I whispered to her that so-and-so was the one, but I must have been a bit loud because my Mom shushed me lest Witchy should overhear and get me into MORE trouble...

2) I see two small ivory-like ovoids about the size of quarters next to me in bed, about where Tev likes to nap. I look closer and see that they have the vague outlines of cat ears, eyes and noses. I get the notion that these are "newborn kittens".

One blinks it's eyes and twitches it's nose, so I take both and place them face-to-face to see what happens. The other is totally inert, and I briefly fear that it is dead, but then I remind myself that they have only just been born and so I should be patient.

Moments later, both become quite animated, and then they expand to normal kitten-head size, sprout fur, and grow bodies. They come out as Tev's kittenish twins!

I play with them for awhile, but then they escape into the basement and I worry they will get into something dangerous and kill themselves! I run out after them and the dream ends...
WILL POST
FOR FOOD

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 214
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 9:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was running on steep narrow roads, but it wasn't European, it was a strange mix of generic suburban houses and ancient cobblestone roads.

Two men were my coaches. They were friends but very serious. They told me where to run and the reasons why, which I don't remember.

I stopped at a house where a Gray was standing in the doorway. One of the men was suddenly standing beside me and said, 'You can go in if you want to.'

I woke up at that point.

I fell asleep with my socks on. All that running and one sock was off when I woke up.

(Message edited by albi on August 17, 2006)

John
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 160
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

waxy I ain’t got mine yet either, lol glad to hear from ya. you seemed to be having a good experience with the dreams and what not when we last talked. glad to hear that its still going strong. and I am at the tail end of a major lesson too. and I have been around but just up here on the upper parts of the board.

Got any art? I have not been able to sit down and make anything or paint anything in sometime family has taken up my time but all in due time things will settle for me and I will get back at it. Btw did you have the jellyfish dream I saw that pic you did and thought about my dream the jellyfish and the lightships, it was just a weird connect for me is all. Cool though.

A lot of my dream experiences lately deal with stinging things bees wasps and at the beginning of the cycle the jelly fish. Still working out what it all means

Waxy E me when you get the chance really enjoyed our conversations.

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 346
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 8:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No, but (depending on when you had it) oddly enough I recently reread "The Lathe Of Heaven" which concerns dreams affecting reality, and it opens with a jellyfish...

Before I got sick I was working on a pic inspired by "Seaweed Gate". I'll let you know when I resume it (in Area 52).

Will do on the latter, once I feel more normal (still haven't quite learned my dietary lesson but I'm almost there - glucose intolerance and all that jazz)!
WILL POST
FOR FOOD

John
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 165
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 1:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh god waxy are you diabetic now? my mother found out and changed her diet and is doing real well now. please take care of yourself. wakeup calls suck but thank god for them. we all had ot change our diet it has worked out for the best. just dont fret it there are thing to eat post diabetas.

talk soon.

russadams
Advanced Member

Post Number: 476
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 3:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hale, There doesn't seem to be any particular time when my precognitive dreams are most prevalent. They usually just happen and I know that they're significant because they're so much more vivid and detailed than my regular dreams.

Opal, Interesting dream. I find it weird when people from our waking lives show up in our dreams, and mingle with greys, as if it's something they do every day.

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 231
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 3:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi russadams, it must have been my meeting one on the bus, they're having a laugh at me.

My pre-cognitive dreams all seem to happen when I talk to dead relatives in my sleep. They tend to be symbolic and geared more personally. Sometimes I'll wake with a start from a dream that seems too real. Either way, the dreams are clear after.

I was thinking this archive is probably a journal of pre-cognitive dreams if someone profiled it next to current events.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 898
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 4:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

opal you left your "party" socks on..
YEARS and Years ago.. that's what us
girls called it when a guy left his socks
on

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 906
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 8:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Back to regular PROGRAMMING

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 349
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 9:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Actually, John, the doc said I was diabetic to give me a good scare to wake me up. He retracted that 'diagnosis' on my last visit but let me know that if I didn't change my ways I'd get there...
WILL POST
FOR FOOD

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 234
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lol, Knock my socks off.

That is really cute about the cats Waxy. Good sign, two cats - nine lives each. I found this beautiful affirmation, I'll stick it here with the cats for safe-keeping:

"In the infinity of life where I am, all is perfect, whole and complete. I live in harmony and balance with everyone I know. Deep at the center of my being, there is an infinite well of love. I now allow this love to flow to the surface. It fills my heart, my body, my mind, my consciousness, my very being and radiates out from me in all directions and returns to me multiplied. The more love I use and give the more I have to give, the supply is endless. The use of love makes me feel good. It is an expression of my inner joy. I take loving care of my body, I lovingly feed it nourishing foods and beverages. I lovingly groom and dress it, and my body lovingly responds to me with vibrant health and energy. I love myself, therefore I provide for myself. I have a comfortable home, one that fills all my needs and is a pleasure to be in. I fill all the rooms with the vibration of love, so that all who enter, myself included, will feel this love and be nourished by it. I love myself therefore I behave and think in a loving way to all people for I know that what I give out returns to me multiplied. I only attract loving people in my world for they are a mirror of what I am. I love myself therefore I forgive and totally release the past and all past experiences. I love myself therefore I live totally in the now, experiencing each moment as good and knowing that my future is bright and joyous and secure for I am a beloved child of the universe. The universe lovingly takes care of me, now and forever more. All is well in my world."
Louise Hay

Now back to regular programming.

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 350
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yep, it's nice. Lately I've been getting a synchronistic dose of "live in the present" statements...

I'm also getting my dream recall back to a nice level, though last night's is a bit too redundant to bother recounting here.

[hugs Opal, because Opal seems quite huggable]
WILL POST
FOR FOOD

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 240
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mutual admiration, my favourite.

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 351
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

favourite? Ooh, are you British?
WILL POST
FOR FOOD

Midnight Blue
Username: midnight_blue

Post Number: 45
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello, I'm sorry I haven't read all that precedes, but Opal what do you think that your dream meant?

"I met a woman who wore a scapular. Two wise people who were some of those who watched over - said - 'She's the wise and foolish virgin.'

I looked at her scapular and it contained the Chinese character for danger and opportunity."

WOuld really like to hear what you think.

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 250
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lol Waxy, I'm a Canucksky wimmens. We speak the Queen's English, and she speaks it very well.

I wrote it wrong, it was crisis and opportunity. Probably have to negotiate a difficult opportunity.

Wise and foolish virgin - I like Genesis. Probably a recurring obstacle.

Scapular - it concerns spiritual progress. I'm so pathetic, I'll need the big Guns. lol

Has anyone noticed with spiritual progress comes ever increasing failure? Like Mickey and the broom-sticks. Famous and infamous Fantasia - here is your unruly force of nature out of control. Or once one plateau is reached, another is immediately demanded.

John
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 169
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 1:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

boy oh boy are you telling the truth there opal. i am trying to not go there with the disney at the moment though. that would just be too devilish.

opal
Advanced Member

Post Number: 252
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 2:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

New plateaus - I thought I was patient. lol

Wise and foolish - fear and anticipation.

Are you making a reference to my broom-stick metaphor? Must be a man in the future. lol

John
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 170
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 3:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

a good chuckle to my self earlier today apparently. sorry opal. i wont go there

oo a new man! humm........ get his history first and a good credit report too. and meet his mother with in 2 weeks of dating. make her your friend.

your funny opal I like that. half spirit speak half looking in all directions but not so fearful that you cant see the pit falls and walk by them. or wave at the people stuck there. cool.

I thought the broom stick was to sweep them out of your life not bring them in? ayeme the movies always befuddle the truth. least ways tells it half way.

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 376
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 8:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, Hot Babes of Canada.... I'd stand on guard for thee anytime!
WILL POST
FOR FOOD

Wax Tadpole
Advanced Member

Post Number: 378
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 8:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay, I've just done an Area 52 "Waxpoof" dedicated to Opal, Buddie, Buddie's co-worker, any other Canucksy Wiminses® on this board, Lynda Mason Green, Melinda Deines, Laura Bertram etc.
WILL POST
FOR FOOD