Archive through August 03, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through August 03, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1018
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 8:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Really cool Mark :-)

buddie

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 5:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had the high voltage mumbo-jumbo
going on last night so I started
re-reading The Magdalene Cipher.
It really grabs you after awhile &
Dunphy is quite a character lol.
Almost finished it off.

Sharon2468
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 506
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the fireworks Mark, ours was rained out.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2233
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...you're welcome.

buddie

Post Number: 1032
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal hoseing down the smoldering fireworks..

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10296
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I don't know about the rest of ya, but I stayed up too late watching fireworks, then read until even later and THEN was kept awake for hours as neighbors set off fireworks they'd bought--! [yawn]

Sal, I'll have a tall coffee with room for milk and one of those scones that just came out of the oven. OH, and *butter*! Love that virtual butter!
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 6760
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 1:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We had rain, my daughter and daughter-in-law were setting of smoke bombs about 8 ft. from the carport, for the grandkids, when a "lightening" strike occurred 1000 ft or so, directly above them. The neighbors ran outside thinking they got struck, as it seemed to "flash" sideways along the metal fence. I had warned them to be careful of the lightening and thunder, as it was all about, but not really near (they said, "it won't hit us, don't be silly.") It was almost as if I was being "believed" finally, when the DIL was looking like a deer-in-headlights after the strike. Daughter said, she'd never been that close to lightening before. (They were near the carport, so most of the strike was diverted by the house and fence, but it was still loud, bright and scary.

(Shakily asks for order:-) One cuppa and some bacon/eggs over-easy. (Maybe next time they will listen?? Naw, doubt it.)

buddie

Post Number: 1041
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-)

Waves to Pat..Ya July 4th is not Canada Day
but some Joker set their fireworks off
at midnight anyway..no sleep after that

Waves to Lab..OMG two people were struck by lightening at our Fireworks display..
It should have scared your daughter
& daughter in law..Lightening is CRAZY stuff.

Sal, something in a burrito to go please.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10303
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

HAH!!! That should at the very least give you a wee bit more credibility in your family, L. A. B! But how *terrifying*--they could have been turned into crispy critters inside of a fraction of a second Yikes!

Sal, I think I need a calming hot chocolate (my own personal soul food--it feeds my soul) and maybe some of those brownies. Hope the virtual caffeine inside the virtual chocolate doesn't keep me awake tonight.... I doubt it will--I'm too tired (and *please* let the kids down the street have used up all their fireworks last night...please!)

(Message edited by patricia on July 06, 2006)
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 555
Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 2:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark, the fireworks were really super. Glad you found such a neat site. Didn't get to see live fireworks this year. The "winds" weren't right and they didn't make it high enough into the sky. We stay home and watch from our backyard. First year ever since we gave up fighting the crowd at the set-off site that this ever happened.

Tried to find the Boston Pops, but ended up with the Macy's stuff at NYC. Lots of local "kid adults" with fireworks around the neighborhood. And those who don't have fireworks to make "booms", use their handguns and rifles and shotguns to shoot in the air. But what goes up, comes down. When we had to have the roof replaced after all the hurricanes last year, we found (or rather the roofers found) three bullets embedded in the roof. How wonderful. Thank goodness the new roof was up and installed before this 4th. Wonder how many new bullets we collected this year?

Lots of rain, thunder and lightning down here. But no complaints. We'll live with it in gratitude so long as there are not "H"s around.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ Misery loves company. ~~ Wanna hang out? ~~

Sheila Na Gig
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 555
Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 7:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cherokee can be found at the link below.

I noticed some posts asking about where Cherokee's website could be found. Some time ago I placed the URL to his homepage in my favorites folder. Below is the link to the "Mole Hollow Farm" web pages containing lots of photo's of Mole Hollow critters and pets along with Cherokee and wife Tracy. (Or "The Barn Goddess" as he likes to call her). Just click on the Critter links on the left of the front page for animal pics and then scroll down to the "Photo Albums" link for photo's of Cherokee and Tracy. By the way, did you know that "The Anti-Christ" is being kept at bay from the world down on Mole Hollow Farm by none other than our man Kee himself? Never knew it could look like that! That page is a hoot along with the Tracy and the snakes article.

Anyway, here's a photo of the Feisty Couple off their website and here's the link to the Mole Hollow Farm
website itself.
Pog Mo Thoin.

buddie

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila..glad you dropped in..Gads this place
is so quiet,I remember all the hilarious
pictures you had in here at one time.
Come back soon.
I think susi was looking for that link?

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10318
Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 5:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This place IS quiet since John quit....I think Sal's actually a little depressed over it. Her cooking's been a wee bit off all week (don't tell her I said that!) and no one's cleaned the front window in ages. It's got Tandy nose-prints and lots of condensation drip marks, not to mention all the hand and finger prints on the door. [looks around for a bottle of Windex and grabs some paper towels]

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6800
Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, John starts this "place" up and then abandons it. Did we do something to drive him away?? (Too many females??) Sniff....Wahhhhh!!!

buddie

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ya Sal's jest goi'n through the motions
now days..

We need a Citter something ..Tandy Is fine!
Now all the others ..scratching..sniffing..
Licking..Scheesh..
Not Even a Friday Movie ?
I'm putting one on !!The Mangler!!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10323
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 1:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I have a happy thing to report--The Skeptic and I have always liked actress Frances McDormand after seeing her in "Hill St. Blues" years and years ago. I think my favorite role of hers was as that pregnant sherrif in "Fargo". And on Friday, The Skeptic got to take her rafting--he was so tickled! Turns out she's a cool woman--a Pagan and very interested in wilderness conservation. (The organization he rafts with is a river activist group)

I think I'll have a late-night snack (and get Sal up off her rear end--that woman is moping, I tell ya) -- a big slice of homemade apple pie and a cup of decaf with lots of milk in it. I walked around the Lake and also cleaned my messy house for the past 2 days, so I figure I sort of worked off those virtual calories in advance

buddie

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 4:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nice to see Sal busy.
:-) Morning Pat ( who's buried in a book )

I loved her in Fargo..makes me chuckle
just thinking about that movie.
Cool story too !

Sal..
I'll have one of your Boost me Healthy Shakes
to go..
Sales Conference Time,all week Loooong

(Message edited by buddie on July 10, 2006)

Brighid
Advanced Member
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 357
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*Pulls out from under the blankets long enough to BUMP the thread back up, so Sal doesn't slip off into the great unknown... taking her luscious cyber-chocolates with her*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 2394
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 4:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, what IS IT with this place?! I pop up from my book long enough to order more caffeine and find that I'm nearly alone here and Sal is dozing in the warmest corner of her kitchen.

If it weren't for Brighid and Tandy under the blanket in the corner and L. A. B. and buddie popping in and out, this place would be moribund. Where the heck IS everybody?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1320
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

They all went to see "Pirates" or wringing their hands about Lebanon and Israel and Palestine and.....(hides under blankie with Brighid sucking thumb and waiting for the "big boom??")

Sal, one caramel machiatto for the road, just in case we all gotta crawl into the "shelter." Hope you guys are all in there with me.

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 362
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 1:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

EVERYONE UNDER THE BLANKET FOR SHELTER!

*Snuggles Patricia, LAB, Buddy, and everyone else who dives on in!*

(The water is fine!)
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 671
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 5:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeepie !!! This feels Good !!!

And to think I almost didn't drop by
grabs a handfull of popcorn and jumps in ...

(Message edited by buddie on July 17, 2006)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What would you bring to a "fall-out" shelter, allowance two things, size 8'10".

One worn-out snuffy and Volume: Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series.

Next??

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 2405
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 1:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'd bring my iMac and a huge thermos (or three) of iced Kahlua and milk. And I'd sneak in an armful of Betty Neels romances, hidden in my clothes--nothing like pure escapism when it all hits the fan and there's nothin' I can do about it.

I'd bring The Skeptic, but I doubt if he'd willingly subject himself to being shut up with a bunch of talkative females who believe in woo-woo stuff

sitsoncats
Intermediate Member
Username: sitsoncats

Post Number: 147
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

iNSOMNIACS paranoid CAFE' indeed........I have been awake since 4am saturday....I am going to see how long i can stay a wkwe...or syat awake till I get some service...iAm beginning to feel as though people are against me...not paranoia minds you but there does seem to be a lot of sneaky people around tryin to cornfuse me with by clouding issues with facts an other such nonsince...if I cud remember whur I put my keys I'd blow this popcorn stand but I can't so put another dollar in the juke box and brang me the special.

I mite make iit a hundred hours....
...I'm proud to be...

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 363
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*Orders Sits a quad caramel mocha with all the trimmings*

If I had to be underground for an indefinite amount of time (and that indefinite included the possibility of no electricity or phone) I'd bring 1 - 8'10" fully stocked bookcase, survival gear that takes up around 2' 10" of space, and find an interesting 6' male to keep company with.

--From Harley

sitsoncats
Intermediate Member
Username: sitsoncats

Post Number: 151
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 2:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Survial gear can it in your pocket Brighid...books can be written by your friends in the verse of voices...and I know that no man over 5'11" is interesting....maybe usefull for a female but dull as stones.
...I'm proud to be...

buddie

Post Number: 675
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 7:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

People are taking More than 2 items Lab!
I'll wear my well worn and tear stained Big
flannel plaid shirt(which does not count)

I'll bring Nancy Milfords Zelda a Biography.
along with 3 of my favourite F Scott Fitzgerald
novels..skinny books not much room..my Ipod and a "few skinny yoints"..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There's already a "wind-up" radio, 55-ton water reservoir, and sponge-rubber for floor.

The shelter is very small.

buddie

Post Number: 677
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 7:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 364
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 8:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*shifty eyed*

The man isn't a "thing" ... and I didn't include Tandy because she's part of the package with me.

However, with an extra body, does that mean I get to add two more things? I mean... he'd get to bring two things too!

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1333
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 8:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sure, (your sperm-donor) can bring two things, too.

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 365
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 9:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nifty!

Now all I need do is find the donor.

<.<
>.>

>.<

--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 687
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 10:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sperm doners? Permedonters..!!!
Opps..wrong thread..

Please no disagreements..

buddie

Post Number: 694
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 8:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I hope this dosen't sound self centered
it's not meant to be

To my friends in the Shelter and elsewhere
in UC I won't be Yakitty-Yaking in here
for the next while.
I'm going to Nova Scotia to spend some time
with my family, old friends and the Ocean.

In case I never speak in here again I
want you to know I thank you all for the
support and kindness I've been given.You
have all made a difference in my life
so please take care for I care very much..
:-) buddie

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 368
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Awww Buddy! *HUGS* You'll be greatly missed! I do, however, wish you the best, and if you don't speak in here again I will assume its because you're life has become just wonderful for you! Enjoy your family, friends and the beautiful ocean! And remember you have people here who care about you too!

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1447
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 9:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, it's Saturday, and the DVD player is empty, pop in a good film someone, and cook up the popcorn, hot and buttered, lemonaid all around. (In me best Capt. Jack voice.)

moonhowler

Post Number: 548
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 6:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Everybody is just hiding out in their particular hidey-hole. Nothing but bad stuff happening everywhere.

I FINALLY get a piece of good news and the entire world shuts down. Crapola. Oh, well... I'm gonna be a grandma, if the world lasts another 7 months.

If you're gone, LAB, I'll just slip under the blanket all by myself and hibernate for 7 months. Oops, can't do that. Forgot I need to get baby stuff for d.i.l. and son. So, I'll just hide out here for a little while.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1450
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Congratulations, Moonhowler, life goes on. That's great!! January baby, whoopiee!! Something for 2007.

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 374
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Congratulations!

*does a happy dance*

Nothing like babies to remind a person (in the infamous words of Dr. Ian Malcolm) "life... finds a way."

--From Harley

moonhowler

Post Number: 550
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 3:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you. I'm happy about it, and so are the future parents, even the granddaddy-to-be. So, all non-alcoholic beverages (except Irish coffee) are on me. Zippity do dah.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10434
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 2:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yay! That's *wonderful* news, moon! Everytime I get totally discouraged about mean, mentally-disturbed people and all the other stuff that's wrong with our world, I go for a walk past the toddler park that's half a block from my house. It has huge Redwood trees at each end. The sight of all those innocent little faces, so open to the world, always restores my faith that the future can and must be better, for their sakes.

I've been painting to get ready for the World Science Fiction Convention art show--hundreds of artists and thousands of paintings and sculptures--so my online time has had to be cut WAY back. Right now I'm doing a painting on the prettiest stretched canvas--it's tall and narrow, with an *arched top*! I posed my virtual model of Lily for a faerie picture...she's standing in front of a stone with a carved Celtic knot in it and her long hair's streaming back in a morning breeze. She's wearing nothing but strategically-placed blue and black butterflies--it should be a hit with the male attendees, at least

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1462
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 3:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hope you win and make mega-bucks, sounds beautiful, Pat. Should I put up my sketches of "Capt. Jack??"

Heard Gerry Butler (Phantom, 300) was at ComicCon.

(Message edited by Leathab on July 31, 2006)

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 376
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 4:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB! OMG Yes! Johnny Depp!? *DIES*

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1464
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 4:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ARGHHHH!! There be Pirates, Missy!!!
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5268/johnnydeppbe6.jpg

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10435
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 7:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG--those are beautiful, L. A. B.!!! My across-the-street neighbor looks almost exactly like him--lucky me, huh?

Thank you for the good wishes, but my chances of winning any awards at all at World Con this year are around nil. I've been out of the field for nearly a dozen years and I'm almost an unknown, as a result. I have years ahead of me--building my business and my professional reputation back up again before my work will be noticed again.

If I can get some income by next year, I can start attending Comic Con again. It's a humongous convention--I heard 100,000 people attended a year ago! But right now it's way too expensive for me to do. Huge art show and so many of the top sci-fi shows send actors and producers to it. I saw Francis Ford Coppola one year and all of the ST:NG cast, too. That's where I met Susie Owens, who became my favorite model--she was promoting a comic book version of her story at the time....sigh. The Good Old Days!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1478
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 9:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, appreciate the encouragement!!
Glad Sal's is here, where I can get my caramel latte.

Can't wait for "Pirate III" to come out. ("Apparently, you haven't been to Singapore..." Capt. Jack, POTC I. Maybe that's a hint about the next movie??)

Brighid
Advanced Member

Post Number: 377
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh LAB! Those pictures are SO YUMMIE!!! *DIES*

--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 697
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you Brighid
All takeoffs & landings went smoothly..
I'm happy for you Moonhowler.
Love your Captain Jack sketches Lab.
Pat will we get a peek at your Lily painting?
Sal I'm suffocating please turn on your
" Cool down misting section " AH!!! Yes!!

buddie

Post Number: 713
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Grabs teddy dives under blankie with Brig