Archive through August 02, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through August 02, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 512
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh now you're just freaking me out...

but in a good way of course...

(Message edited by dirkwright on July 28, 2006)

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 855
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm serious, this is strange. She could be more my soul mate than yours. If that coat was light brown long fur with a hood, I'm sitting in front of the closet with a colt 45.

dirkwright

Post Number: 513
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 8:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think it was medium brown with long fur, though I don't know what counts as "long" in fur coats. I don't remember a hood, but there could have been one.

I sometimes get the aroma of cigarettes or something like that. I know that it is associated with various entities, but I felt compelled to mention it for some reason.

Last night before I fell asleep she told me we were connected, as well as other things I can't mention here. I dreamed about many things, but I do remember an elegant dinner with four women. There were long tapered candles, white linen, nice china. I showed up with my plate of food, couldn't find a place to sit, put the plate down on the corner of the table, walked over to a glass cabinet looking for a glass to have a drink, was chewing on a vitamin pill of some kind, needed to wash it down. One of the women mentioned the fact that my plate had vegetarian food on it, and I said yes. My plate of food was some kind of dark mush with a tangle of curly corn chips or something like that on top. Previous to this I remember being in a kitchen where we were cutting up lamb or some other meat, talking something about criminals or something like that. I remember a large butcher block cutting board and cutting the meat into thick slices. The butcher block was on an island in the kitchen I think. It was in the middle of the room as I recall.

A bunch of other stuff happened before that, but didn't seem as important, or is too complicated to explain. I remember cleaning my face; I had that white stuff on it that new born babies have, and I had quite a few zits around my nose that needed cleaning up. I also remember going through a long list of names, like I was going through the member's registry here, and I remember seeing my name on the list. Another thing I remember is going through another list in a book, I think it was past lives or something, and coming to my name at the end. I didn't get to do my meditation in the middle of the night, I was too tired.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 856
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night when I was reading in bed, I caught the odor of cigarettes coming from the closet. Nobody smokes in my house. I made a mental note of it, but dismissed it as imagination. Maybe the spirit lady was playing a joke on me.

dirkwright

Post Number: 515
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK, one last thing and I'm done talking about this experience. I remember she had a dental bridge in her mouth. It was at the back.

Hopefully, I can get some rest and try for another OBE soon.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 583
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...dental bridge in her mouth. It was at the back...?

No Wisdom teeth, eh?

What does this tell us?

oh, Dirk - before I forget to ask - how do you get those French accent marks in your posts?
Dites-moi, s'il vous plait.

(Message edited by Mark on July 29, 2006)

dirkwright

Post Number: 518
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Mark, she had her head thrown back and her mouth was open, she was very, very happy to see me, that's when I got a glance into her mouth. She seemed to have a full set of nice white teeth, including the bridge.

I have no idea how any French accent marks showed up, but I just cut and pasted from Babel Fish, so that must be how it happened. I am basically an absolute beginner in the language. I only know a few phrases.

I just finished a rebirthing session, but I wasn't able to focus on her, and thought about projects around the house instead. Before that, I did I CD listening session, and I saw a woman through my mind's eye kiss me good bye. I don't know if it was her, but she could have been. Why this happens to me is a mystery. I don't know why I have experienced of dream women over the years, since in my normal physical life I have never, ever been popular with women. In fact, it has been just the exact opposite. I was probably clinically depressed by the time I was a senior in college, since I had never had a steady girl friend, and no one seemed interested in me. I am a social outcast, I do not fit into this society, at least that is my conclusion. I am just to weird for most people, and I assume ordinary women are sensitive to that kind of thing. Women who have substantial circles of friends are very intimidating and therefore incompatible with me. I have always been the one on the outside looking in, as far as I can recall. I suppose one reason that I don't fit in is because I am focussed on my inner health more than my outer expressions. Wealth, fame, and being popular have never, ever been values of mine and in fact I run from them. This board is the only place crazy enough for me to feel at home, and of course I am grateful Whitley maintains it.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 860
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 6:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think that there's a built in reproductive bias that pushes us towards "normal" in mate selection.

You don't seem all that abnormal to me, Dirk. But then, here I am on this message board.

dirkwright

Post Number: 519
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 8:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I appreciate your consideration SC, but I suppose I have mellowed and matured greatly since I was in college 25 years ago, and there are things about me that I have not shared on this board, or maybe you have not read, that might change your mind. I've been through deep therapy and one divorce. My one attempt at having a family blew up in my face. Now I am content to just have a good relationship with my wife.

To put myself in perspective objectively, I used to be in Mensa, the high IQ society. That already puts me in the top 2% in intelligence. Add to that the fact that I have the most rare Myers-Briggs personality profile in this country: INFJ. Then put on top of that my unusual experiences and I think you have someone that is less than 1 in say 10 million. It is no wonder that I am lonely and I do not tolerate ordinary society.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 862
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Heck,
I qualified for Mensa. I'd bet that lots of people who post here would, too. We can take the Myers Briggs online, I hear. I'll look into it. Funny thing, though, after I started modeling, nobody gave much thought to my brain. But that's another story.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 864
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 9:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

O.K. I took the test I'm an INFJ too. I think someone posted a link to the test some time ago. I don't recall what the results were, though.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 676
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 9:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hmmm.. reading this is getting to me..
a good decade n a half ago I received a phonecall from a fella allegedly looking for a birthing clinic. My phone number was unlisted and totally different from that of the services he was enquiring about. During the brief conversation that ensued it became clear that he wasnt
looking for an actual midwife.
He then offered me the job ?????????
I declined.

It was all very strange very odd.
but..kinda amusing now when I think about it..lol.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 865
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Brown.
Welcome to this little corner of strange happenings. Didn't you have some monks show up at your house once?

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 677
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

monks? not that I recall Southern.
A monkey-like critter-yes.
One of my first encounters-visitors was
a man who presented His face in a vision type dream.
Everything else seems to flow from there but that was some years back.
but I'm getting tired or tiring of the journey.

John^
Intermediate Member
Username: john

Post Number: 139
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i had the monks southern, but that was way buried in the archives somewhere actually not sure that i posted about that not even sure what they were actually but they were the most vivid visitor experience that i have had. i remember their boany whit hands and feet very human looking but extreemly white and thin and long. some one told me they are the elders. who ever the elders are i hope someday get to find out for sure and meet them again face to face. also i think xretsim has robed beings but i dont know for sure. he has a drawing he pops up from time to time reallty wish he posted more, kind of like his stuff/

weird last night i met a man named lars i had to go through a portal in my neighbors house, but first i had to find a shirt and shorts to put on and a striped light blue bathrobe. he took me to see the car he is working on and introduced this woman/ girlfriend to me. very nice people. any way the neighbors that i am talking about are haveing domestic problems and i could hear it befor dashing in the portal. something about finding a bill for the flowers that he sent to some one else. well if you dont take care of the bills how ya going to know other then laundery day surprizes. oh well

just wanted to add that event here as it did not fit in the dreems. actually had one this afternoon too. whats going on but i aint complaining at all. way cool.

dirkwright

Post Number: 522
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 6:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow SC, we have more in common that I realized. thanks.

dirkwright

Post Number: 525
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 8:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks SC for showing me that flirting with you was not a waste of time. I guess my instincts are still functional.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 867
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John,
What kind of portal was it?

I came close to getting "out" last night. I woke up from a strange dream, and did some yogic breathing to try to calm myself (the dream was frightening). I got to the point where I was watching my body fall asleep, saw a black and white tunnel, and felt my hand and arms start to tingle. Then, the dog hopped up on the bed and I lost it. Oh well. Maybe tonight.

dirkwright

Post Number: 530
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Typically for me at least, the day after an OBE I feel tired, like performing it was physically draining. I remember reading that Bob Monroe only got out once or twice per week for the most part. He also slept in a separate room so as not to disturb his wife. I find that helps, but we sleep in separate rooms mostly because I snore like crazy. Yeah, I've tried everything to stop the snoring but I do not know if anything works, since I'm asleep at the time! I have to sleep with ear plugs to keep from waking myself up!

I'm looking to get a hot tub so I can underwater rebirthing. I haven't done that in many years, and it is so very nice to do! You use a snorkel of course.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 869
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 4:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've slept with ear plugs for over twenty years because he snores like a freight train. I'm so used to it now, that I can't sleep without them. A separate bedroom doesn't work for the kind of snoring that I'm used to.

Dirk,
I feel like something strange has been going on since you met your dream friend. You just answered a question about the separate rooms that I had wondered about this morning.

Last night, my husband and I were having an intense discussion of roof pitch and architectural style of a house that we will be building in Mexico. I woke up to your post about tile roof methods in area 52. We spent the rest of the morning discussing home plans until I thought that my eyes would cross.

Does this sound at all strange to you?

dirkwright

Post Number: 531
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 5:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

All I know SC, is that I am thrilled to have met you, regardless of what the future may hold. I've been walking around today with a smile on my face knowing that someone else like me exists in this world! If we have a connection, then I celebrate it but don't really put any expectations on it. I hope whatever connection we have grows and that it is useful to you in some way. I'm grateful that what I say is useful to you, and hopefully more will be forthcoming. I'm celebrating by having some French cookies right now. They were in the clearance bin at the grocery store and I thought, sure, why not?

dirkwright

Post Number: 533
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 6:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi SC, I remembered something just now. I had an experience a while back where I was me, but I was inside the body of a young woman. It was rather weird to know that you're a man but inside the body of a woman, but anyway, she had on a pink suit with sequins I think, and the suit's skirt was down to just above her knees. It was a modern style suit, like something Jackie Kennedy might wear. It looked like it may have been the 60's or maybe the early 70's. I remember being in her body, and watching as my father put the piano in the car, or was it a truck, I can't remember. It was an upright type piano. Does this mean anything to you?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 870
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 7:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've done the in some person's head routine. The sex of the person doesn't seem to matter.

We got our piano in the 60's. It was a baby grand. I don't think I remember any of my clothing from back then. If I come up with any more brilliant ideas I post.

dirkwright

Post Number: 534
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 7:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I had a rough night. I woke up around 2:30, listened to my CD then couldn't get back to sleep. I listened for another hour and started to get into more emotions of remembrance, about how this is my last lifetime here, about how I will miss this place, and other things. I did a lot of crying. After the second CD session I had a brief experience where I picked up a pink book and held it to my chest. I started bawling again. The cover had a white stripe on it. It was like a diary or something.

Another part of the piano experience above was that the woman was somehow associated with a recital. I remember seeing her dad put a piano in the back of a station wagon, which I thought was just not possible.

dirkwright

Post Number: 536
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 7:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I played piano until I was about 21. I had taken lessons for about 10 years but quit when I was about 16. It was an emotional release for me when I played, though I was never very good, at least I could never really memorize anything. I ended up playing Liszt's music, but not very well. Subsequently, I'm not afraid of strong emotions, unlike most other men.

dirkwright

Post Number: 537
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 7:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One thing that I wish I could do again with a woman was something I did with my ex-wife one night. After our baby was born, we tried the everyone-in-one-big-bed thing. Of course, my baby daughter took up most of the bed, so we wound up scrunched to one side. We lied there with our backs to each other, and since she was taller than average, we lined up fairly well. We couldn't sleep very well since our daughter was flopping around, but what happened during that night was very, very interesting. We drifted off to a sort-of semi sleep, but remained conscious inside. There was lots of white light and our higher selves were talking to each other. I remember agreeing with her about some things, and talking about others, and this went on all night long. In the morning when we got up, I couldn't remember any of it, and we didn't talk about it at all afterwards. I wasn't in a place back around 1988 where I could articulate this kind of activity very easily. I wish I could explore this kind of intimacy again, but I know it won't happen. I seem to have gone through this life with many one-time experiences, never to be repeated. It gets tiring after a while trying to understand it all. I just had a thought that the reason for this was that these events were for another purpose, which was to help me wake up.

dirkwright

Post Number: 541
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK, the INFJ personality type is about 2% of the U.S. population. Assuming 200 million adults, that's 4 million people. Assuming that the intelligence distribution is accurate for this personality, then we have 2% of 4 million, which is 80,000 adults, or 0.04% of the adult population in this country. We are rare people indeed!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 872
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well Dirk, you could alway screw up big time to make sure you come back to this rock. (Small attempt at humor)

It sounds like you are experiencing some strong emotional reactions with the work that you are doing. I've been on quite a roller coaster myself for the past couple of years. The experience with you ex sounds wonderful. I wonder if that's why you find your connections with spirit mates so satisfying.

dirkwright

Post Number: 543
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, but I have no intention to screw up on purpose, but I suppose you knew that already.

Yeah, stuff is happening, thanks. If I were to leave tomorrow, I would be sad that I never kissed my soulmate, and I never was able to have a happy family. But, the book showed that this was the last one for me, at least that's the way it appeared.

What have you been experiencing on your roller coaster the last few years? What are you doing that you think stimulated such an experience? just curious.

I don't find my experiences with these spirit women very satisfying at all, sorry if I gave you that impression. They show up, hang around a while, then they're gone. At least Meeko said she had to go before she left. I hardly know these women at all, and I don't know why they are attracted to me.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 873
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 2:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
I don't want to go into details in a public way, like this. A lot of it was family related and was part of my karma or blueprint for this life. It was information that was told to me by a good astrologer over ten years ago, but it didn't seem true at the time. It started me on a long journey to learn about my relationship with power and its correct use.

dirkwright

Post Number: 547
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 3:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ok.

dirkwright

Post Number: 548
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 3:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You can always pm me if you want to talk.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 875
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 7:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
You need to edit your profile to get a pm. It says that you have it turned off.

How could you play piano without memorizing pieces? We use to have to get up and play for recitals and couldn't have sheet music. If you play something often enough, it just gets into muscle memory. Ah, those recitals bring back such memories. Steamy, unairconditioned auditorium, stark, raving fear waiting to play, not realizing nobody cared. The only good thing was that I met my first real boyfriend at those recitals.

dirkwright

Post Number: 552
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

How in the world did that happen? I thought it was on, I never changed it myself. Maybe try it now?

dirkwright

Post Number: 553
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 8:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just took lessons from a former military music teacher at his home. I think I tried one recital at his house, and completely choked. I also think there was some kind of grading thing I went to once and completely failed there too. I could never memorize the music. I suppose it was because of my family situation or something. I became more interested in it after I quit lessons at 16.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 877
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Your pm works now.

I quit lessons at 15 because it interfered with cheerleading. Great priorities, I had then. The last time I played in public was at the high school graduation several years later. I think everyone chokes at something. For the most part, my life has arranged to keep pushing me into the public eye, no matter what I do. The only thing I refuse to do is participate in a karate tournament. Don't know why. Maybe I don't want to spoil the experience with making it too competitive.

dirkwright

Post Number: 555
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 9:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, got it. You can share anything you want with me anytime.

I've been a pacifist I think my entire life here. I remember when I was little my parents put me in Little League, which I hated, so I asked that it rain so I didn't have to play, and then it did, twice. I used to pass out in the heat from lack of physical training. My family was very dysfunctional, my father was an enlisted man in the navy, so he was either gone or drunk, or both, most of the time. My mother was shy and repressed. My brother is out of contact with everyone, so I have no idea what he does these days.

Anyway, I have never wanted to compete, and I was very much afraid of girls and then women later. It took me a very long time to come to terms with that and learn how to have a happy relationship.

I was the subject of an article in the Washington Post once. My father, the wandering sailor, had brought back a chunk of marble from some ancient monument during one of his tours of the Mediterranean Sea. Well, after I learned that he had cut me out of his will because he wanted to give everything to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and he figured I was wealthy enough not to need anything he had, I got mad and took some stuff from the house, including that chunk of marble. I thought he had said it came from Greece, so I contacted the Greek Embassy here in DC and asked them if they wanted it back. They said yes, so I mailed it to them. Then a while later I get a phone call from a reporter from the Post. I yapped maybe a little too much, she somehow contacted me father, who said it actually came from Turkey, then the article came out. I just sort of rolled my eyes thinking that I started an international incident between two countries that hate each other when all I was trying to do was to make up for the sins of my father. It was in the Style section, so it wasn't a really important article...but anyway, I eventually patched things up with my father and we get along OK now, though he is now somewhat brain damaged from alcoholism. I'm not really close to him, but I make myself available to him because he needs to know that I don't hate him anymore, which I don't.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 885
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Why didn't you have physical training? Was it lack of a good male role model to show you that exercise feels good? I've never been the greatest supporter of "team sports" for young people who don't like them. But there are so many wonderful other activities that could have given you a great sense of self worth and abilities. It's sad. I can imagine how easy it would be for you to retreat into your books to be left the h*ll alone.

When I was young I became a pain in the a*s overacheiver. I started off early competing for parental attention that was diverted to my evil sister.

I managed to live my first 30 years avoiding recognition of my lack of mechanical ability. The first clue that I got was when I proudly "built" a microwave cart (actually, I assembled the parts) and didn't notice I put the doors in upside down. My new husband waited until I left the house, and quietly took the cart apart and put the doors back in.

Good job about returning the marble. Cool.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 886
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I almost forgot. Never underestimate the human's potential to totally freak out and have a panic attack while snorkeling. It can cause some people to find claustrophobia of which they were unaware. So if you're doing a rebirthing and someone loses it, it may be more the water than the experience.

dirkwright

Post Number: 567
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 8:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi SC, my mother was a hermit and my father was always angry and drunk, so there was basically no chance for any encouragement except for some meager efforts. The TV was on all the time. My mother watched her soaps and in the evening it was the news and other things. So, yes, I retreated into books, how did you know? Obviously, my parents didn't know any better, just like most parents. I also used to ride my bike a lot just to get away from my parents. I went to Tulane U. in New Orleans to get as far as possible away from them, since they were in Va. Beach. I started jogging when I was 13 I think, to loose weight. I kept it up for about 10 years or so. I used to be fit anyway. I discovered yoga when I was about 23, then did that every day until my daughter was born when I was 28. I had given up trying to find a woman that was like me and settled on someone I met at the health food store. That was a big mistake, but I was so lonely it was killing me. I had joined Mensa looking for someone, but only found one woman that had a crush on me. I didn't want to be with someone that felt that way because I knew they didn't really see me since they didn't know me at all. So I let my membership lapse in Mensa and moved on. In hindsight I should have stayed because I did meet some nice but strange people there.

One of the things I've been trying to do over the years without really conscious intention, was to find a creative art that came to me as easily as mechanics. Mechanics to me is like breathing, it's so easy. I have tried music, foreign language, drawing and painting, and poetry, all to not much success. I suppose sometimes the things we find easy in this life are a result of really hard work in another, so maybe my expectations were unreasonable. It's good that you have tried to learn mechanics, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. People just have different talents and that's that.

During the first few times people try the advanced rebirthing underwater, there is always someone else in the pool or tub with them. The eyes are closed during rebirthing, but you're probably correct about the claustrophobia. The warm water is intended to mimic being in the womb, and it apparently works very well. Let me know if you start rebirthing with someone. I'd love to hear about your experience of it. If I lived near you I'd gladly be your rebirther for free. I'd consider it an honor and a pleasure.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 890
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 9:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Of course the people at Mensa were strange. Any group of people that fall to either end of the bell shaped curve are treated differently, and may fail to socialize.

How the heck do I know about the books? Sometimes I just tune into someone's energy. Didn't mean to scare you.

I love cardio exercise. It makes me feel great for the rest of the day. Of course, sometimes the hardest exercise is hopping on the exercise bike. I've been doing yoga since I was nine.

Have you tried photography? It sounds like my husband is very much like you in abilities. He has a remarkable talent for it. Shutter speed, F stops, there is a great degree of planning involved. He does a lot of underwater stuff, with a completely manual camera.

dirkwright

Post Number: 574
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh my god. I love the way you connect to me. I'm not scared at all. I feel very much loved. thanks.

Yes, I forgot to mention photography. I have many cameras and had a darkroom for a while. We used to be part-time subcontractors for a wedding studio. I tried doing it as a business in my basement a long time ago.

dirkwright

Post Number: 576
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm just about speechless, but all I can say is you are an amazing woman and I am incredibly lucky to have met you.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 892
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 1:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you.
But it isn't just you. I can do it with many people. I have strong empathic abilities, at times. Other times, I'm an insensitive boor.

Maybe you would enjoy taking some nature photos.

dirkwright

Post Number: 577
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, I've done plenty nature photos already. I've taken photos of my dwarf conifer friends several times too. When my wife was taking the photo that I used for my profile here, the flash on the camera must have stimulated a bunch of orbs to show up, because I was laughing my butt off. I had to pick one where I looked half way straight faced.

All I can say is that your husband is an incredibly lucky man and I hope he worships the ground you walk on, because I know I sure would. I'm just beside myself with awe. You certainly meet my definition of a soulmate.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 894
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 2:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My husband knows what a pain I can be. He's done some things for me over the years that have been above and beyond the call of duty.

I know we can really get to know others over the net, but I have a lot of fun talking with you and many on this board. It gives me the chance to discuss some of the strange things that have happened to me, and I've learned so much.

I don't know if I believe that we have one soulmate. I think that the one true missing part of us is our divine source. Those that are very close to us vibrationally, I think of as great friends. I'll write some more when I finish my work. Back to the salt mines.

dirkwright

Post Number: 580
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't know anything about your strange experiences. I'll help if I can.

I know that many people do not believe that we have only one, but there are other sources that say otherwise. The theory fits in with many things about this reality and the gods that created it. I want to know on an experiential basis whether we have one or not; I want to prove it one way or the other, in other words.

When my wife and I went to see the bald eagles at a local state park, she learned that it is the male eagle that builds the nest. Since I work so much on our house, she calls me the great nest builder now. Pretty funny I guess.

dirkwright

Post Number: 581
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in America, we like to pretend that social standing based on wealth and status doesn't really matter, that anyone can find a partner and that backgrounds don't matter. Well, like the American dream of upward mobility, this dream is false. Given our respective social standing, there would have been zero chance of us crossing paths as young adults or teenagers. I believe now that social standing is even more important than common ground in relationships.

I know for a fact that divinity is in all of us. We all carry the light of the gods within us; it just shines brighter in some than in others. The soul is the light of the gods; I have seen it. Soul also has gender, and yet I believe there is a place beyond gender where soulmates are one. At this level they are called gods. I have read that each god was split into two halves in order to incarnate here, and that each half was required to forget about the existance of the other half. Well, I want to remember. I want to wake up. Waking up requires that I follow the threads of emotion, of remembrance, where ever they may lead, that is why I have continued to talk with you SC. The thread feels strong here, though I am like a blind man pulling on a web of strings, not knowing where they lead or what they mean. Nothing may come of this, though something already has, and for that I am grateful; though I do not yet know what it means, if anything. If I die tonight, I can leave knowing that I made some progress, and that is a good thought.

During one of my night time experiences recently, an old man was standing on the side walk at the open door of a bus I was riding in. He looked up and asked me if I wanted to get off now. I said no and looked out the front window of the bus and we headed on down the road.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 898
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 4:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What you say may be true. I sense some strong emotion in you, Dirk. However, I also never would have met my husband based on the odds of social standing. The only thing I had going for me was a professional father. He was the first one in his family to get past high school. Several of his siblings lived in trailers. I had a good education and worked my azz off and gave up any sense of a social life to get where I am today. I am very good at what I do. As for the rest, think Lucille Ball. Just the other day, my husband said that he didn't sign up to spend a life with Lucy. We should talk. That would show you what I'm really like. Remember, I'm the woman who gets revenge on someone by putting sheep wearing lingere on his lawn?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 900
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 4:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Do you know what happens when you put laundry detergent in a dishwasher?