Archive through July 28, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through July 28, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dirkwright
Advanced Member
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 447
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

êtes-vous une ballerine?

Je dois employer des traductions de poissons de Babel parce que je ne peux pas écrire le français très bien. Veuillez agréer mes excuses.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 801
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No, Dirk, I'm a CPA. I danced as a child. It causes havoc with my Karate. My joints are so loose, it's tough to get the proper square stances without looking sloppy.

My French was fluent 25 years ago. It causes havoc with my Spanish. I spend a lot of time in Mexico.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 450
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 4:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, for what it's worth, you have my respect and admiration.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 806
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Dirk.

I plan to get my copy of the Bruce book and start the exercises to induce an OBE. It worked well in the past. If I get anywhere, I will post it here.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 452
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 8:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have not gained much from reading about OBE techniques, but that's probably just me. What helps me tremendously are "brain wave" CD's, some of which I have mentioned numerous times. I believe that the key to being able to have OBE's is the ability to relax to very deep levels while remaining conscious. Since you have extensive experience with meditation, performing OBE's at will should be easy for you to achieve. You just have to meditation while in bed under the covers, that's all. I found the books by Bob Monroe very enlightening on this subject.

Talking with you has stirred up a lot of issues from my past and made me realize how low I stand on the cultural ladder in this society, and for that I thank you. I can't be any more specific in a public forum, sorry.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 811
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 5:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Dirk. Some of my best friends come from "low places," if you listen to any country music. I don't see any cultural issues with you at all.

I agree about the meditation. However, there are certain physical sensations that go along with an OBE that are still frightening to me. I also find that meditation that stresses the upper chakras makes an OBE more difficult.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 812
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 5:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And by the way, my husband defines opera as: Death by music. I don't agree.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 456
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 7:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Though I only know you as a rough outline, it appears that your accomplishments in the liberal and fine arts places you in a much higher strata, one that I will never achieve no matter how much I would desire to join you there. It's one thing to be able to appreciate the fine arts; it's another thing entirely to have some accomplishment in them. Thanks to your willingness to talk with me, I have realized that it is a culture of the fine arts that will save us, not technology. A culture of the fine arts is a peace loving culture, one that does not promote war mongering. I believe it is apparent that our current leaders have no accomplishments in the fine arts, hence their willingness to go to war as a first resort rather than as a last one. This is the pearl of wisdom I have gleaned from talking with you; now do you know why I am so grateful to you?

The only thing that we are allowed to take with us when we die are these pearls. Being able to have an OBE means that you have to overcome the fear of death. Having an OBE is like dying because you become separated from your body. The fear of death saturates our culture, hence our problems having OBE's. Performing an OBE is only valuable for the wisdom gained thereby; otherwise it serves no function.

The story of our history as a species from wild tribal hunter-gatherers to civilized cultural elites is as much the story of the domestication of men as it is the story of the advancement of technology. I'm sorry that your husband does not appreciate the fine arts as much as do you. He is missing a great opportunity.

John^
Intermediate Member
Username: john

Post Number: 125
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

take him to see wagner, he might be surprized/

sorry i just have been reading your guys' conversation here.

you both are lovely souls, and dirk you are amaizing dont judge your experience by anothers you have told many beautiful dreams and journies here for us to read. and you may just be nobel in this life!

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 458
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 1:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks John. I really appreciate your support, but as usual for me, I re-read later what I wrote here and I am embarrassed. It's the story of my life I suppose, every time I try and move up to a higher cultural level, I do things, or say things, that I later find acutely embarrassing. Maybe it's just my background from a military/alcoholic/blue collar childhood that limits me, I don't know.

Isn't it funny the way this conversation played out in a similar way to the last experience I wrote about above? Life is funny like that I suppose. I'm stuck in the 19th century it seems. I have a fascination with mechanical things and I'm a perpetual romantic. What a strange combination!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 814
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 2:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, Hi John. I don't think Wagner would do it for him. He does like to go to the symphony and natural history museums. He'll also go to plays if I make the reservations.

Dirk,
You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Just about anything you might want to learn about liberal arts can be located on the Discovery or Learning channels. I wish they had had that way to learn when I was in school.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 459
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks SC, I continue to study the arts in my leisure, but it's not about that, it's about accomplishment, at least for me, and that's where I fall down. That's also why I admire people like yourself. You're like the unattainable mountain peak for me, beyond my reach, a club I can never join, and that causes me pain.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 815
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
When I'm dead, what do you think I would want my friends to say?
She was pretty?
She was smart?
She made lots of money?
She made me feel good when I was with her?

I think you already know more about accomplishment that most.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 460
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 7:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, thank you my dear, but I was referring specifically to accomplishment in the fine and liberal arts. Those abilities you do take with you I believe, and they do refine your spirit to a higher degree than engineering ever would.

I understand your desire for spiritual accomplishment, and I believe you have already achieved much more than you realize, but being pretty, being smart and having the ability to make other people feel good, at least, are very worthy accomplishments also. These, you will take with you of course. I know the world will be a less joyful place when it comes time for you to leave.

Some of the most important things that I have learned in this life include making amends for past transgressions against others, and learning that whenever the actions of others makes me upset, I'm not upset at them but instead I am looking at a part of myself that I don't want to see. I learned in this situation that if I look closely enough at my life, I will see that I have done, or continue to do, exactly the same thing that this other person is doing that has made me upset in the first place and that I need to make amends to myself for judging the other person and I need to correct my own behavior. That has been a powerful lesson for me, because it applies universally on all scales. If some elected official does something that makes me upset, for example, it's me I'm upset with, not them.

Do you not find it wonderous that I knew to ask you about ballet? I wonder what does it mean? Perhaps we have known each other before, I certainly hope so, and I hope it was beautiful.

This morning I was with some others out of my body and I was able to generate purple electricity between my hands and show it to others. It was really neat and looked like many fine lightning bolts discharging between my hands. I only wish I had the vision to see this while I'm in body. I guess we always want more, don't we?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 817
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I believe that we take all of out talents with us, for want of a better description.

You're right about ballet. It was something that I really wanted to pursue as a young person, but my mother decided that she didn't want my feet "ruined." I don't think I ever quite forgave her for that.

I have a strong link to France. I visited several times in high school, and had some strange "past life" experiences. But I'll save them for another thread. I am also of French descent.

So, you may well be right about knowing each other.

Had the start of an OBE last night. I got as far as the thumping in the heart center and saw a ribbed tunnel, but I was unable to keep it going long enough for an exit. Bummer.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 464
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, how about this for a fantasy past life: I'm a Scottish crusader during the middle ages passing through France. I meet a fair maiden and fall in love, yet I cannot speak my love for her because I don't speak her language. We remain apart, and my heart feels sad as I go off to battle in the Middle East. I die there and my last thoughts are of her beauty and grace.

Hey, it could have happened!

About the OBE technique, I'm not familiar with it, so I can't comment. I assume it's from a book? I get out through increasing my vibration while my body is falling asleep yet I am still awake. I can't always do it, but I usually get at least lucid dream. I think now that increasing my vibration is more important than whether or not I get an OBE.

See you in astral-space!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 819
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 5:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sounds like a good past life to me. I suspect that I lived once in the palace of Versailles. During a tour, I seemed to know my way around it far more than I had a right to.

The OBE information is from the Bruce book. I haven't found another that gives such good detail. One of the ideas that I found intriguing was that of having a dream body experiencing a dream at the same time that your traveling body is out having an "adventure." When the various bodies come back, there can be a download problem that mixes up the data the the brain remembers. Hence, the confusion of the dream mix with the OBE.

Your vibration technique as well as a host of other techniques are discussed in the book.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 465
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 6:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, glad you liked my story. Before I read your response, I had intended to add: "a fair maiden of noble birth" to the story, and make sure it was clear that I was a mere foot soldier in service to my lord. It looks like maybe there's more truth to the story than I realized. You certainly feel like nobility to me, and I suppose always will.

Anyway, I did some rebirthing and realized that one reason that I don't have any accomplishments in the arts is because I'm a pacifist, and I've been that way for as long as I can remember. Accomplishment in the arts means winning competitions, among other things, something I am loath to try to do. That's also why I suck at sports. That's also why I've thrown away every award I've been given at work, except for the one that I actually earned. I've been given virtually every award that can be given to a person in my position. Thanks to the gods for rebirthing! It really is a wonderous technique!

Hmm, I wonder if I have that book around here somewhere? I bought a book about OBE's that Whitley recommended, but never read it. I'll have to look around for it. I invented the vibration technique on my own, but it's good to see that someone else has also thought of it. I am not familiar with the situation that you described about one body dreaming and another traveling and getting the experiences of both mixed and thereby confused. All of my dream experiences are relatively clear, if mostly uneventful. My lucid dreams are becoming more common; they depend on my level of fatigue before bed and other things I suppose. I was taught by unseen teachers that we are comprised of three bodies: a light body, which is our native form, an etheric body, which is like thin plastic sheeting fit tightly over the light body, and the physical body, which is rough and lumpy in comparison and fits loosely over the etheric body. Getting out of the body is like emerging from a thick down sleeping bag to explore the other world. Bob Monroe got out of his etheric body also in many of his journeys. I have had experiences being a body of light, but mostly I am in my etheric body. I have learned to make my hands glow white while in this body. It's also the body I use when I make the purple energy from my hands. I can't see the purple energy when I'm in my physical body unfortunately.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 822
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, Dirk, I've been know to wear a crown, even in this life.

I am a bit puzzled by your concept of art. From what I have been taught, art is nothing more than a manifested expression of the devine spark applied to any activity. That perfect expression of action makes those who witness it's performance transcend the mundane reality of their material existance, and remember, at last, their devine origins.

Of course, we all can transcend to the perfection displayed in so many professional sports, olympic competitions, performing arts, and music. I think that you err in your concept that art needs awards and public acclaim. I agree that certain artistic achievements have such a universal appeal, i.e., they cause so much of humanity to "transcend," that we all recognize the Great Inspiration behind the works. But there is also art in any profession, no matter how "dull," that is performed from a devine inspiration. So, engineering can be an expression of the Devine. Accounting can be an expression of the Devine. The janitor can express the perfect rhythm and completeness of God. In each and every thing that we do, we have an opportunity to manifest the Devine, and in so doing, we spark the remembrance of our Devine origins in those around us.

If your soul seeks to express God in some way other than what you are used to, follow the expression. Strive to please something higher than yourself, or the egos of the fickle minded that may be around you. Release yourself from self imposed limitations. It is your process that is important. Remember, God accepts even a leaf, if it is offered with true devotion.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 468
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 9:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, you have a very broad concept of what is art. I am no great scholar of art philosophy or art history, but my definition is that art serves only one purpose, and that is to inspire, to raise other's awareness to a higher level. Art is otherwise useless. Thus, the useful arts are not "art" in my world view, they are mere crafts. The divine can be expressed in any activity, but that doesn't make it art in my view.

Thank you for your encouragement. I am well aware of the usefulness of recognizing my limitations and striving to expand beyond them, however, after a conversation with a friend last night, I have realized that due to advancing age on my part, the window of opportunity is rapidly closing on my ability to become proficient in virtually any art and that makes me sad. One must learn a foreign language, a musical instrument, or any other art before the end of puberty in order to achieve a reasonable mastery of them. I missed the boat on this due to a poor childhood and a lack of understanding of this time limit when I was younger.

The idea that there is war making in artist's attempts at accomplishment is new to me. I forgot that competition is endemic to our society and the arts have never escaped it, regardless of their attempt to inspire a concept of the divine in others. Artists still compete against one another at all levels. Since I'm not very familiar with the world of the arts, I missed this obvious fact. So, I should qualify my statements above regarding accomplishment in the arts. What I desire to belong to is a culture where proficiency in the fine arts is highly valued. I believe, without any researched basis therein, that proficiency in the arts causes a change in behavior of the practitioner, and that this change benefits society as a whole. The attempt to create something that inspires others to a higher level I believe causes a positive change in the artist. I'm also specifically referring to art that inspires, and not art that merely rebels. Much of what passes for modern art is mere rebellion against past practices and society as a whole, though I do love Abstract Expressionism. I suppose that means I'm conflicted, just like everyone else.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 469
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 9:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night was merely more lucid dreams. The experience I found the most interesting was where I was supposed to marry a woman named Delores. The planning for the wedding had already begun, and it was getting expensive, and I wanted out. I found a note from her that I decided to interpret as meaning that she didn't want to marry me, so I called it off. Many other things happened, but I found this the most interesting. I don't know anyone by that name, as far as I know.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 826
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 8:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
I disagree with your "before puberty" concept. Many of my friends have become fluent in languages as adults, myself included. I think the real issue is finding someone else who is fluent to converse with. Without a classroom setting, it can be difficult. I am using a good system to learn Spanish. I'll let you know just how good it is, as my Mexican friends laugh at me.

I played piano as a young person. If I tried to play now, I would lack the finger strength. But with the popularity of soft touch keyboards, I could probably pick it up.

I'm not sure about the Delores connection. Do you know what the name means? Maybe there is some symbolism in the name.

I understand what you said about modern art. Many years ago, when I was in college (the ice age) I took a class called Philosophy of Art. Two well known profs debated whether modern art could be termed "art." One represented your position quite well.

If I have a chance, I'll try to find my astral projection book and post the name.

miaree9
Advanced Member
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 263
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Butting in just long enough to say that Delores means "Our Lady of Sorrows."

Southern Cross

Post Number: 829
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 8:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh Miaree,
Feel free to butt in. Good one. That opened up a lot of information.

Do you have success in OBE'S?

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 471
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 7:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, my friend said that much research has been done on arts education and they came to that conclusion. I'm not saying it can't be done, only that it is much more difficult. It's also much easier to become fluent in a second foreign language if the first was learned as a youngster. I have not studied this research myself, I'm only lamenting my lack of training as a youngster. I too took piano lessons when I was young and into my teenage years. I think I took lessons for about 10 years total, yet I never mastered the instrument. I used to love to play Liszt. I have since fallen in love with the classical guitar and bought one about 16 years ago. I have never had the time to take lessons, but I can read music so I have books from which I learn to hack at the instrument. I just took it up again after a six year break.

I took French for two years in middle school, then called junior high, and never really mastered that either. In fact, I only got average grades in that class.

How was your shark watching? what a strange present for a 20th anniversary. I only know that if you were my wife of 20 years, you'd deserve diamonds and pearls at least. I think any woman that's willing to have a family with me deserves to be treated like royalty, and any woman that's willing to hang with me for 20 years deserves the very best that I could possibly borrow the money for. My wife's been with me for 16 years now, so it's going to be soon time for me to put up or shut up I suppose.

The impression I got about Delores was that she was wealthy and expected an elaborate wedding beyond my means. I can't remember much else.

I think I had a dream about the first woman again last night, but I don't remember anything about it. I do remember emoting before I went to sleep that I wanted to be with her again, whomever she may be. I think in the dream she reassured me somehow, because I didn't have that feeling afterwards. So much of our lives are hidden from us it seems.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 472
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 7:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, and I have learned that much of modern abstract art was about expressing the divine through painting, just as it has mostly been about that throughout history. Mondrian, as I recall, in particular was trying to express the divine through his art. I suppose the thought was that the divine was an abstract concept, therefore it could only be expressed as abstract art. Seems reasonable to me.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 473
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 7:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just love Motherwell though. He's my absolute favorite. There's a huge painting of his in the East Wing of the National Gallery by him that just really blows me away.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 831
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I like Renaissance art and some of the French impressionists. I haven’t taken the time to learn much about modern art. I just decide what I like on a case-by-case basis.

We aren’t doing the shark trip until September. On one level, I’m afraid to see something that big in the water. I can’t really complain about the hubby’s choice in gifts. He has given me more beautiful jewelry than I ever could expect. We both love the natural world, and on so much of the planet, these beautiful sharks have been hunted to near extinction.

I had a partially lucid dream last night. Before I went to sleep, I had been working with the inner branch of “The Path,” the triad of force, justice, and temperance. Part of the process deals with applying to yourself appropriate justice and force for past sins. I’ll have to give the dream more thought, but here is the short of it. I had gone to some kind of class reunion. I left my escort (noone I know) and went to the rest room. On my way there, a man rushed out to me, grabbed me, started kissing me, and told me that he had loved me since school, and was upset because I had never paid attention to him. (He was noone that I remembered.) I don’t know how I got away from him, but I ran to the rest room, and told the people inside what was wrong. They said to me, “Well, you weren’t very nice to us, either.” So, I talked to them, said I was sorry for my past acts, and asked for their forgiveness. That settled, I started thinking about whether I would have to use lethal force against the poor man who I ran away from. I decided that I wouldn’t. I left the rest room, and he was gone. What was really strange about the whole experience was that I felt a strong connection to the information from Budd Hopkins, “Witnessed.” I don’t want to say why now, but the book dealt with an aggressive situation where two men had been “bonded” to a woman.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 479
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, it sounds like you made some progress. I would guess that you were dealing with people from your past. I gave "The Path" to my wife, so I don't know anything about it. I just want to do my own thing and not have to learn someone else's from a book. I'm an experiential type person; I learn by doing. I only read books for inspiration, at least in this field. I don't like symbology and other people's interpretation of what things mean. I never interpret dreams and I don't believe in symbolism. I believe dreams are literal experiences of other realities.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 835
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 7:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Symbols are the way my subconscious mind speaks to me. Like word pictures, or sometimes even charades. You may be right about past stuff. I remembered who my "escort" was - a friend from high school who had a head that sort of looked like a chicken. What a wacko night. Well, gotta boogie off to Karate and learn the touch of death.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 484
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 7:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So, if I imagine or dream that I run over a snake with my motorcycle, what does it mean? Does it mean:
a) I killed an innocent creature by mistake?
b) I vanquish all evil that crosses my path?
c) I don't believe in the story of Adam and Eve?
d) I have ruined my wisdom by buying a motorcycle?
ad nauseum...

The point is that it means whatever I want it to mean. I am the giver of meaning in my life, no one else is, and so are you.

Of course, I choose a)...and I apologize to the snake deva for even thinking the thought!

(no snakes were harmed in the making of this posting)

Southern Cross

Post Number: 836
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

O.K. I hope I can explain this. I believe that we all have out own internal symbols. For example, when I dream of tornados, it means that I am experiencing out of control turmoil in my life. I also believe that humans share a common consciousness and some symbols are meaning to all, whether they recognize it or not. This sharing of consciousness has been documented scientificly. If you are interested, I will post some links.

Only you have the key to your own internal dialog. I have had some training in re-entering a dream to get more information, but it's taken some time to develop.

Dirk, I would think that with your natural talent with lucid states and OBE's, it would be easy for you to learn this kind of work. Symbols can also take different meanings according to context. To use your example, the snake is central to the medical insignia. It could relate to druids. It could relate to maleness. It could be lots of things, but only one message to you, in a very specific context. It could also be just an series of random brain images that you see in the process of storing memory.

No snakes, druids, medical professionals, or men were harmed in the making of this post.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 837
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oops, I meant that some symbols are meaningful to all. Sorry.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 485
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 8:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I believe everything is real and everything is to be taken literally. I don't believe in a universal symbology common to all people, sorry. The fact that symbols require context for comprehension means to me that they can't be universal. I have direct experience of a higher self, but there is no symbolic communication between my greater self and the smaller self that exists in this reality. I believe we control our dreams and imagination, and it is vitally important that we learn to do so because they are the things that manifest our future. What you imagine, you become, in other words. Thus, things that take over our imagination are very dangerous because we are giving up our power of manifesting the future to another. These things include works of fiction, video games, ordinary TV shows, etc. The fact that we do not believe this fact is the reason that violent video games and TV shows are allowed to be shown. It is almost as if there is a malevolent force in the universe that is trying to influence us through entertainment. Thus, interpretation of dreams by the use of symbology has no meaning for me. I believe interpretation is a function of the ego, as taught by "A Course in Miracles", and as such, cannot lead to truth.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 840
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Chacun a son gout.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 492
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 2:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just want you to know that I will always love, respect and admire you no matter what happens.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 841
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 3:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk, are you thinking that something is going to happen? My last post means each to his own taste. - A French proverb.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 494
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 3:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, I had to have "de poissons de Babel" tell me what it meant. I'm sorry if my post was confusing.

We share a past together, though I do not yet know the details. I do know that love is forever, a part of me loves everyone I have ever loved before. I am merely acknowledging our connection in my posts to you.

Of course "something" is going to happen, indeed it is happening already. I'm not confident that most of us will be able to live out a normal life span, thus I would prefer to say my "goodbyes" now while I have a chance. I don't want to leave anything un-said and un-finished that would drag me back here against my will in a future life.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 842
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That makes me feel a little better. I would prefer not to come back again. For what it's worth, I've been told I'm good to age 85. Time will tell.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 496
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 8:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've been told that I don't have to come back again if I don't want to, though of course that remains to be seen, and the unseen person that told me may not know all they are talking about. During a rebirthing session once, another person told me it was my destiny to transform into pure energy. Who knows if that will ever happen.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 499
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You should try rebirthing SC, it's really great! You can find one in Southern California here.

Also, did you ever try the "brainwave" CD's I've mentioned before?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 844
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, I really liked the brain wave cd. I thought I had misplaced it, but I found it after I read your post.

Sounds like you're destined to go to a non-physical place when you are finished here. I'm still trying to get used to the idea of having horns and a pointy tail, next time around.

I check into the rebirthing. Gotta get some work done.

dirkwright

Post Number: 501
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 4:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I still use my "Delta Sleep System" CD in the middle of the night. I really enjoy it.

I was trained as a rebirther about 16 years ago in Philadelphia, but didn't keep up with it. I've had some clients over the years, but I'm not actively practicing it. It is a powerful and mysterious tool for finding answers and healing pain. No one knows exactly how and why it works.

Where did you learn to re-enter dreams? I'm interested in that. I want to go back to the one that got this whole thing started to see if it's really you that I dreamed of.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 846
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I use a drumming tape and journey back into the dream with the help of my guardian spirit. I don't always use the drumming tape, but I find that the sonic driving seems to focus my attention to the journey and keep me from falling into a sleep pattern.

You seem to be able to get into trance states easily. You could try to reenter the dream from a deep trance state and see what happens. I don't know how you would tell if it was me in the dream without seeing what I look like in the dream state myself. What a puzzle. If I remember properly, I think Starspirit said that she saw me once in that state. But then, I don't know how much our own personal filters influence perception of others. Let me know if you find out.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 849
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I checked out the rebirthing link. The first person show uses the terms "Tell the truth faster." My psychologist quoted him. I think I may be getting a message.

dirkwright

Post Number: 503
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 8:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

During a rebirthing session yesterday afternoon, I went back to the scene in the dream and let it unfold by itself. Let me just say that I doubt this is anyone that I know in this life. She's very passionate about me in a very physical way. I seem to recall from the dream that she mentioned she had been studying me, which is very unusual for anyone that I would know. I assume that this will be another brief affair without me getting a chance to know her very well before she's gone. There have been many dream women interested in me over the years, they just seem to come and go.

That's great about rebirthing SC. Usually, in the first session, the rebirther will ask you about the circumstances of your birth, so you should be ready with all the information you can find out about it. Rebirthers have many theories about how the circumstances of our birth influence us later.

The rebirthing session consists of you lying on a bed while the rebirther sits in a chair facing you. You perform a particular kind of breathing while they watch and occasionally say something supportive. There is no touching, not music, or anything else. The room should have subdued lighting, and you should not have a full stomach beforehand. Your choice of male or female rebirther should be based on the gender you feel you have less issues with.

So, while rebirthing, particularly in the first session, you will most likely start to feel tingling in your hands, then the tingling will spread, then your arms and probably other areas will cramp up. It won't be painful like a regular cramp, but you might find it embarrassing. Also, you will most likely feel pain in areas that you had injuries or surgeries in the past. It's vitally important that you continue to breathe through the pain. Then later, the cramping and pain will subside and you'll be through the first session. All of these things may not happen in the first session, but they most likely will in the first ten recommended sessions. The goal is to help you through the tough first ten sessions, then you can use it on your own for your own purpose later. Good luck!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 852
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I thought that the dream work would come easily to you, Dirk. Let us know how things progress.

dirkwright

Post Number: 506
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I believe that what we imagine is just as real as what we experience here, which I know is not a common belief, but apparently is useful for other things like this. Thanks so much for the compliment!

dirkwright

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 3:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

All she was wearing was a fur coat, a diamond bracelet, and maybe high heel shoes. I'm not really into fur or leather, since it seems to be a waste of perfectly good animals. She sure was happy to see me though...

At any rate, I hope this is not a brief affair, though I often have difficulty remembering everything that happens during the night. I seem to recall that I was with her during the first part of last night, but because I am more tired during that time, I have difficulty being lucid. The second half of the night I'm usually more aware of what's going on. Lately, I have tried to reach out emotionally to her before I fall asleep at night, in the hope that I will have another lucid experience with her. In the theory of soul mates, what one half feels, the other does also, even down to flavors and smells. Thus, if one eats an apple, the other gets a craving for an apple, or at least tastes or smells it for no apparent reason. So, by acknowledging and feeling the emotional connection by one to the other, a connection between the two should become more evident. That's what I was doing when this whole thing got started. I don't think my experience so far proves the theory one way or the other yet.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 854
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 4:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder if she borrows from my closet?