Archive through July 20, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through July 20, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 657
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't really care about the how and the why of my OBE's. I only really care about any wisdom that may be gleaned from my experiences. I only post them here so that others may be inspired and so that I can get feedback on my experiences from others. Believe what you want to about OBE's, I don't really care one way or the other.

xretsim
Username: xretsim

Post Number: 521
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 5:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

>I don't really care about the how and the why of my OBE's.

i don't believe you.
(but i respect that you don't want to discuss it.)

Wildcard
Username: wildcard

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've had only one OBE in my life and sadly I didn't realize it while it was happening.

This happened in the summer 15 years ago. I was 15 then and had got a summer job. I started work at 7.00 AM and had to leave home at about 6.40. After getting ready in the mornings I usually would have 5-10 minutes spare time before I had to go to work.

As most teens I was very morning tired (still am) and spend those minutes resting on my bed.
I was laying on my stomach and as usual I was very soon on the verge of falling asleep and trying hard not to do so. Every time when I felt I was about to fall asleep, I would "snap out of it" and check the time.

My clock radio was in the corner diagonally across the room. (I put it there so that I would have to get out of bed to turn it off in the mornings.)
At this time I had some stuff temporarily in the middle of the room that blocked my view of the clock radio when I was in my bed so in order to see it I had to lift my upper body up from the bed, supporting it with my arms and turn my head 90+ degrees to the right.

This morning when I was almost falling asleep and decided to check the time I noticed that my body was very very heavy. I had to try really hard to be able to lift my upper body from the bed. I did so, slowly, inch by inch, until I could see the time. I had not overslept but I was exhausted from lifting myself up and just let myself fall back down on the bed.

The thing is, I didn't fall back down, sort of. I could clearly hear my body landing on the bed, but I (my mind/soul?) was continuing the slow movement upwards backwards. I didn't understand what was going on.

During this I noticed two things were different too. The light in the room seemed brighter and all the sounds where clearer, sounds like birds or the wind outside and even the water flowing through the pipes in the walls or floor which I never had heard before.

I believe now that clearer hearing and vision is perfectly normal during an OBE since you're not limited by the abilities of your physical body in any way.

Anyway, I was still floating up and finally over on my back. Not on my back literally though, since I could not feel any body in that sense. I didn't understand what was going on and was getting afraid. I was drifting towards my closet and knew that what was happening was impossible. I tried to scream for help. I could not hear my own voice. Now I was getting really scared. I now screamed as loud as I possibly could, hoping to wake my family so they could come and help me, but what I heard was a very distant scream, as if someone was screaming right into a pillow 300 feet away. I could hardly hear myself at all.

Now I felt so totally helpless and just gave up and paniced. At this time I had floated half way through the closet and was about to go through the wall into the bathroom behind it. But at the same time I paniced, I was back in my body again. Everything was normal again. I was shocked about what had just happened, but didn't have time to sit down and think about it. It was time to go to work.

Of course, I later understood it was an OBE and I was (and still am) very disappointed at myself for not realizing it back then and because I reacted and acted as i did in that situation. If I had realized it was an OBE, I would also have realized that I would be in control if i had decided to. It never crossed my mind that I would be able to control how I was moving and therefore I never tried to. I feel like I had the chance of a lifetime to explore something wonderful but I blew it by not knowing better than I did.

A side note to this story is that in my head I have this image of having floated through the wall into the bathroom and seeing a little grey being with big black round eyes looking at me. I just don't know if I actually saw this or if my mind made it up out of fear of what could happen if I floated through the wall.

I remember reading in a book where someone said something like "when the body sleeps but the mind is awake" is the best time for an OBE. This was the case during my own OBE. I just wish I had understood what was going on when it was going on.

dirkwright

Post Number: 693
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

xretism, I did not mean to be so harsh in my last posting, but I really don't care for some reason about the mechanics of OBE's. I don't know why that is the case.

Hi wildcard, that's a great story! thanks.

xretsim
Username: xretsim

Post Number: 522
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 5:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

no problem, dirkwright. it kind of surprises me, though. hardly a day goes by without thinking about my 1988 encounter. without working hypotheses, i would not be able to function in life. other people here seem much more emotionally detached, and that confuses me.
suspect it doesn't belong in this category of experience.

dirkwright

Post Number: 710
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 9:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had an interesting experience last night. I thoght I got up out of bed after my CD listening session, but it turned out I was walking around out of my body. In other words, it was one of those experiences where you don't realize you've gotten out until you try and flip on a light switch and nothing happens. Oh well, try again another night.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 948
Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 9:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
Someone is asking questions about Ramtha on the "Spiritual" thread group. I know you have some experience with this? Can you help?

dirkwright

Post Number: 796
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 6:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, what an interesting night! First, I woke up at 2 am after having a dream about soapstone fireplaces. Patricia was telling me "no" about something while I was looking at a pile of precut soapstone parts for the fireplace. Oh well. Anyway, I then listened to my CD for an hour, rolled on my side as usual, and tried to increase my energy flow. Then someone grabs my astral arm and says meditation is over for now. He was a doctor wanting to check out my eyes. He said something about some nerve damage. Then I noticed a magazine lying near me, and it had my picture on the front! It said "Dirk Wright: Romantic Poet"!!!Then there was another article about how my manager was killed. She died from some accident involving a jet airplane. I thought to myself, "why don't I remember that?" Then there was a dacshund dog there also, that I was petting, and the dog wanted to "french kiss" me on the mouth. I hate it when dogs want to do that! I tried to tighten my lips to keep him/her from doing that. So the doctor, who had kind of a round and plump face, was checking my peripherial vision, and either my wife or another woman stuck her foot near my view so I reached out and tickled it. That was fun. So then I was back in my body. I resumed the energy exercise, but could not relax. I think my wife got up and shut a door which made me jump, which made some adrenaline get released, which made it basically impossible to relax. So, I listen to the hour long CD again. That was fine, then I rolled on my side again to do the energy exercise. Then I was out of my body again walking outside around the house. I remember seeing a couple of different cars in the drive way. One was a Buick Electra, and older one. Then I saw a bunch of constuction equipment on the side of the house with lights flashing, so I walked over there and they started moving forward towards the back of the house. There, I found a group of people standing around and I grabbed one by the collar wanting to know what they were doing there, when they all started this song and raising their arms to the sky in unison. I thought to myself "what the f*ck?" Then I went back inside the house to the living room, and there was a man and a woman there and I asked them "are you our future?", trying to figure out who they were, and they said no, they didn't think so. They were named Mark and Nancy. He sat down while she walked around. They both had on kind of brown clothing. I said it was nice to be able to see dead people, then I asked her what she wanted to do with herself, she didn't know, and I said that she should pray, that if she was sincere in her prayers, that something would come to her. Then I asked them "you do know that you can go back? you can be human again if you want to, don't you?" She had kind of a blank look, like this was a new idea I guess. Then I got up about half an hour ago. How's that for fresh out of the oven!?!

dirkwright

Post Number: 941
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 9:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This morning was very good. I got out of my body after my CD listening session, and walked around the house, opened the front door, heard galloping deer hoofs but didn't see any deer. There were some kind of entities there, like some kind of animals, and I told them to leave. Then I was back in my body, then out again and walked around calling out for my wife, but she wasn't around and I felt sad. (She's off visiting relatives right now) Then I was back, then I was out again and went out to the front yard. There was a cool breeze, and I saw what looked like stars on the asphalt driveway. Five of them formed into a pentagon for some reason. Then I looked upward to the sky, which was full of stars, and I said "God, please help! We could use a little help right now.", then one of the stars glowed brightly and fell straight to the ground deep in the woods behind out house. I figured it was probably an ET ship. Then I saw lights moving through the woods and then I returned to my body and woke up.

dirkwright

Post Number: 959
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 7:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had another experience this morning. After my CD session, I rolled on my side and put my palms facing each other. I found myself moving my right hand in circles over my left hand and felt the energy flow increasing dramatically. I felt a flow of warm energy spreading from my back. Then I saw a huge flash of light between my hands - "ZAP!", which both jolted and amazed me. I continued to move my hand and it got harder to move as the magnetic-like energy increased. I then stood up in the bedroom and felt a strong pull down on my crotch area. I walked over to the window and looked out and realized that I was not in my normal physical home because the stuff out there was not mine. Then I walked out the door to the front door area and found my wife putting on her coat to get ready for work. I saw the front door and realized that it was not mine either. I started to feel a little confused and finally realized that I was out of my body. Then we looked over towards the kitchen and saw a short man walking towards us. He looked like one of the Keebler elves, with an Irish beard and green clothing. He said something like "welcome to the land of elves". I thanked him and touched him but he fell down so I picked him back up and then I was back in my body. To bad I can't make lightning in my physical body, at least not yet!

dirkwright

Post Number: 960
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 8:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

another nice OBE this morning. I popped out into my bedroom and saw an area of white light on the ceiling. Then a white bird came down and fluttered around, then I saw a white fawn (baby deer) with a large blue area with white spots on its back, but the nose was different than normal deer. It was larger. It nuzzled up to me and I was happy. Then I went over and sat on the edge of the bed and tried to turn on the light. Since it didn't turn on, I realized that I needed to retrieve my body in order to get up and go to work, so I lied down and rolled back into my body and got up.

Stephen in AZ
Username: stephenm

Post Number: 883
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've had several out-of-body experiences, or what at least seem to be them. Sometimes in them I'm even able to go through doors and walls, though I sometimes get stuck part way through. It's a strange feeling going through solid objects, and seeing them from the inside.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1036
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah, no kidding. You kind of push, then you're through, but sometimes it's like putting your hand through water. I just wish I could stay conscious long enough to just enjoy it, though I do like to go outside and look at the stars. They look so lovely during OBE's...

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 916
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Something odd happened to me two or three decades ago that seems OBE related.

I was asleep in my bed, laying on my back, when it seemed that I was composed of bright particles that flowed up into a peak and then settled back, flowing out beyond the sides of my body like a wave before finally drawing back into my body.

dirkwright

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmm, I do not know what that experience is like, but it sounds nice. I don't think it's a classic OBE though.

I got a name for the young woman that finds me interesting. I believe her name is Meeko. I had a brief flash back memory of us together in some kind of platform out in the backyard, and I said "let's go up Meeko", and we and the platform went up. Sometimes I open a door in the house suddenly and see a glimpse of someone moving quickly out of the way. All I see is a disturbance in my visual field, not any shape of person or anything. I hope that comes later....

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 974
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I once had an out-of-body experience where I soared straight up at incredible speed and went far away from the Earth. I saw the world as a large, round object, with a thin line connecting me back to it. The world was perhaps a little larger than the full moon when seen near the horizon, and it was like I was viewing the whole scene from the side, while also being part of it.

slw
Username: slw

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It seems like I've heard somewhere about a silver thread connecting us to the earth.

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 9:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a strange dream, or possibly something else, around 8 or 9 years ago.

In the dream, I was laying in bed (where I actually physically was) and a strange figure started coming through the wall beside me, but a few feet higher in the wall.

The figure was initially somewhat cloudy, but became clearer as time went on. It was also totally black and statue-like. Even the hair, which was curly, looked like something that was carved.

It was also not a complete figure, just the head and shoulders and part of the torso. The figure was not vertical, but was on its side, with the body and head pointing the same direction mine was. (I think, though, that it may have initially been more vertically oriented, but slowly twisted to the other orientation.)

It was also not initially facing me, but slowly, slowly turned in my direction. It's eyes were closed. It moved so slowly that it seemed to be partially replaying itself, like a movie extending a scene by showing almost the same shot over and over.

As it turned toward me more and more, and slowly emerged further from the wall, it very, very slowly smiled. Its eyes remained closed.

It had the face of my brother.

A feeling of absolute horror surrounded this, and a feeling of terrible danger. It also had a strange, almost hypnotic pull, like something in it was reaching out toward me, trying to draw me in.

I finally managed to wake up. I don't know why it looked like my brother, who is still alive. If anything odd was happening to him at that time, he never mentioned it, but I never asked, either. I should mention also, for clarity, that although the figure was black, we are white. I suppose the blackness of the figure could have been related to the feeling of danger surrounding it, that the blackness was because it was evil, and had nothing to do with race. That still doesn't explain why it looked like my brother, who is not evil. (He has been involved with art in the past, though, which might explain the statue-like appearance.)

Kell
Username: kell

Post Number: 52
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 9:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

slw,

The idea of the "silver thread" connecting ones astral body to ones physical body was popularlized in the teachings of Theosophy as taught by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky.

http://www.crystalinks.com/blavatsky.html

slw

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kell, Thanks for that interesting link!

Rogue
Username: rogue

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 7:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stephen in AZ.
An entity coming out of the wall and dragging me in is something I've frequently experienced since a child. There are usually two figures involved and when it happens I react fearfully and struggle. In most of my experiences 'entities' disguise themselves as someone known. If you can get beyond the visual (and the sense of evil) I'd hazard a guess that you would 'feel' that this had nothing at all to do with your brother. -whups just checked the date of your post. Hopefully you figured this experience out already.

------
I used to have a lot of OBE's. Although I tried learning to do them on command, I never did get the hang of it. However, they happened on a fairly frequent basis for a while there so that was some kind of compensation.

With the early ones I remember playing with the light switch while remaining on the other side of the room. I'd flick it on and off repeatedly and at times wonder what any neighbours who might be watching in those wee hours of the morning thought about this light constantly going on and off. There was a simple joy in this action. I think what I loved most about these OBEs was travelling through walls and other objects, feeling the change in density that was unique to each substance and just being within a 'solid' object. The excitement and freedom of flying is a given which doesn't need to be elaborated upon here.

After I had experienced many of these OBEs I read something about them. Several sources stated that you should be able to look and see your physical body lying in bed. So, I started to make a point of looking back to my bed to see myself. In all of my OBE experiences, when I looked, never once did I see myself. All that was there was an empty bed with tussled sheets.

(Message edited by rogue on May 15, 2006)

slw

Post Number: 1157
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Rogue, "never once did I see myself." I'm so glad you said that! That happened to me once but it was during an abduction (I think). I was on the ceiling and looked down to see my empty place in the bed. My side of the bed was rumpled but my husband was sleeping peacefully. Do you think you were in the physical? I guess you'd have to be! Interesting post and welcome to the board!

Rogue
Username: rogue

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 10:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

slw,
"Do you think you were in the physical?"

I really don't know. I try -not always successfully- not to come to conclusions on things like that. Interesting to hear someone else has had a similar experience with it.
I know when I 'returned', there were a few times that it certainly felt like I was physically dropped from about a metre above my bed.
Thanks for the welcome

dirkwright

Post Number: 1341
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 1:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If you flipped the light switch ON and the light came ON, then I doubt you were out of your body. I have had many, many experiences where I get up, go to flip the light switch, and NOTHING happens. Then I go "DUH!, I'm out of my body again!". It is very interesting though that you were able to walk through walls in this state yet the light switch seemed to work. Usually it doesn't, at least in my experience.

I have experienced "the cord" recently. I felt it tugging on my back as I got dragged back to my body. Oh well.

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1615
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know I have obe's I have had a lot of them. but never on command. I was shown the reason why one time and it would seem that I am bound. but not always as I so get out and mingle in the spirit world. but more then that, when it happens I am surprised at what my environment looks like the house I live in and what is actually in my surroundings existing in a different form of energy. like these little red munchy creature an a metallic chicken with no real head but to ended with an eye on each end.

its really made me take another look at the artistes like Joan Miro, Picassos, Frida, and Chagall with new eyes. then there are the times I see worlds like he impressionists.

what am I saying I donít know but look at some art and you tell me what you think.

miro seemed to be connected to the katchina realm I think. look at his harpy prints they are most interesting. dali I never encountered anything like that visually but the feeling of his work makes me think he was connected. the one with the melted watch especially.
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!
-Blondie

donnawa
Username: donnawa

Post Number: 2631
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, that's interesting. I'm happy I don't see creatures.

The house in my experiences, though, usually appears backwards. And I get this unnerving feeling that even though I feel wide awake, I have to go back to sleep and wake up in the right place.

I just remembered one of those times. Everything seemed reasonably right until I looked out of the window. Instead of seeing the forest, I saw a Japanese city with Mount Fuji in the background.

John

Post Number: 1617
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 12:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cool!!!!, I love that donna. one time I saw a glass pyramid and flew to it and some one showed me around and it was covered floor ceiling and walls with childrenís art work about abduction and aliens. the being person or who ever told me that it had been happening since for ever and it was many children through the ages that were taken. and each drawing was representative of one child.

I had that experience when I was 10. it was just after some yucky abduction events and it was like a comfort or I did not feel so alone it was weird.

donít see creatures huh donna ... you may be the lucky one then

one time it was raining inside my house during one and in real time here it was actually raining out side but out of body it was reversed. that makes me wonder.

It also makes me think of the cat in the hat. Weird.

But the reversed thing or things not quite as they should be is a weird aspect of it that is for sure.
-Blondie

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2155
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 1:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John,
Dali I never encountered anything like that visually but the feeling of his work makes me think he was connected. the one with the melted watch especially.

The other day during that discussion about "So how real is time?" I remembered that painting by Dali. Now you mention it.
Floppy watch hanging over the branch of a dead tree... The title of the painting?
The Persistance of Memory.

John

Post Number: 1619
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 2:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

its called the persistence of memory the dali painting. and there is a part of a face that another watch is melted over. and a ledge that another is melted over. I actually have and art watch that has the painting as the watch face. a gift from my mother which I thought was out of character for her to give but I love it and ware it sometimes.

oh ya whatís Joesef Abers mean to ya?

weird how that happens mark but if you think I have a monitoring device other then what nature or supper nature gave me you got another thing coming. lol not that I think any thing like that actually.

sorry mark it happens daily for me. I am use to it now and have gotten to the point its just part of life.

the strange thing is that you I think answered a question with a question for me. and I had the answer all along. but when was I given the messages that is the trick to it all I think.

donít trip on me. its not worth it mark, but if you have something to ask me you should
-Blondie

John

Post Number: 1622
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

here is a link to that painting.

http://www.fotos.org/galeria/data/520/3Salvador-Dali-Persistence-Of-Memory.jpg
-Blondie

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2157
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 4:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John asks,
whatís Joesef Abers mean to ya?

Nothing. Who is he?

John

Post Number: 1624
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

he painted portals i think. and his life is reflected in the dynamics of the color and it was always like 3 squares within each other. they have one at sanfrn museum of modern art if you ever get the chance I donít know if lacma still has one or not.

the thing about Joesef Abers is that you donít get the idea or gist unless you see his work in person. donít know. I think he's cool.
-Blondie

donnawa
Username: donnawa

Post Number: 2642
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's the first time I ever saw this. AT first glance I was tempted to say "ah, big deal."

But then I enlarged one print and it grew and morphed- it was like something was opening up. Very interesting!

Here's a link:

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=1205661015&c=&search=Josef+Albers&GCID =s15100x001&KEYWORD=%5BJosef+Albers%5D

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 94
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The past couple of days I have had this feeling of nervous anticipation that something was about to happen. Yesterday i took a nap and slept for about an hour. When I woke up i didn't feel that I was all the way here. I went for a walk and this feeling that i was not inhabiting my own body persisted for about 5 to 10 minutes. I stopped at a park and sat down and meditated for about 15 minutes when I opened my eyes I was back.

John

Post Number: 1633
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 5:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

donnawa you got to go see one in real life and you will be shocked. they fill the field of vision and you are momentarily transported and I cant explain it better then that.

Allen cool, do you think it was a realization that all was not as it seemed? I love those/
-Blondie

Jimmy
Username: chippyo

Post Number: 1647
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dirk -

waht is this CD session you speak of?

most curious..

j

"Old Wine in New Bottles..."- SBWII

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 1117
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There's a theory that what we see in the astral world is not actually the physical world, but is instead astral stuff that tends to accumulate in the form of things in the physical world. This would account for slight differences between what is seen during an astral projection and what is actually there in the physical world. It would also account for color differences.

Another thing it might explain is the apparent difficulty of seeing one's physical body during an astral projection. Depending on how much stuff you take with you, there might not be much astral or spiritual stuff left in the body, making it appear almost invisible. I suppose that a sufficiently advanced person might be able see the body regardless of how much is left in it, though.

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 789
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 1:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder sometimes if that's how souls are actually created, or if it's at least a partial reason for them: Astral stuff gathers around the body, and assumes a form and pattern based on the physical body. We think because the brain physically thinks, and when the body is gone or temporarily vacated, we have to maintain the pattern that produces that thinking. If we don't or can't maintain the pattern, then we're gone. The soul dissolves back into the astral stuff.

Just a possibility.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 431
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Jimmy, sorry I missed you post. They are called "brain wave" CD's, available on the web. I use one called the "delta sleep system".

I had trouble sleeping last night, which is unusual for me. I awoke about 1 or 2 am, listened to my CD, but couldn't fall asleep. I listened again and eventually fell asleep at some long time later, maybe as late as 4:30 am or so. This is what happened:

So, I guess this is more of a lucid dream, but I found myself parking my truck at a roadside shop and walked in to get some food. I was tired, but when I went in I couldn't find any food to buy. I sat down in some really interesting looking chairs and read a comic book. I had placed a drink on the side table, and a couple of women were sitting around in other chairs, either reading or drinking. I looked over and my drink was gone but there were other drinks there. I got confused and went outside to the parking lot and saw that a tractor trailer rig was parked in many parking spots and my truck was gone. I got upset and asked the workers there where my truck had gone. They were very dirty from unloading stuff from the truck and one of them said the bank took it. They also asked me what was my birthday and said it was none of thier business. So I went back into the shop and asked the owner for the phone number for the bank so I could get my truck back. A lady gave me a slip of paper with two phone numbers, one I think was for customer service. I then went looking for a phone and walked back into the store and saw another lady working some kind of old wooden machine, which looked like some kind of cash register, except that the buttons were vertical. I walked by her and was looking around when she started talking to me in French. I responded in what little I know, I said I only know very little, then walked away saying I was embarrassed. I then asked her how she knew me and she walked up really close to me and said that I had turned her on, and that she had followed that feeling to find me. I think she also said that she'd been studying me or something. Then she rubbed her body against my loins and smiled. She had auburn hair, dark eyes, and nice white teeth. I recall a small mark above her left lip, and of course she was shorter than me. So, it appears that I have a really secret admirer "out there".

I have had many women interested in me over the years that have contacted me through OBE's or dreams. Last night I was trying to communicate with my soul mate, or at least verify that one exists. I did this through emotion during meditation. I just get deep into the desire to find my other, and I let the energy of that emotion completely engulf my body with tingling energy. If the theory of soul mates is true, then my other half would feel this energy. This is what I was doing before I had that dream, which doesn't sound like a dream at all really. We shall see where this takes me....

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 434
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 2:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had another experience a few nights ago that I found very interesting. This was also more like a lucid dream, since I don't remember actually getting out of my body. I was in a large library, with many floors, all open to a central cavity. There were stairs everywhere, and large leather bound books on shelves. A man had a book on a lecturn with a light over it. He had long dark hair I believe. I was standing near him and he told me that I had not been a king, that I had a rather ordinary history. Then another person standing near me moved away as they said I was emitting too much emotion. I apologize and they moved back closer to me. I have long thought that I had been some kind of nobility in ancient Scotland, since I thought I had several memories of that time. I may not have been a king, but maybe a clan leader or something like that. I was somewhat crestfallen about him thinking I had lead an ordinary history. I guess I have, though I don't particularly remember much of it. Maybe this was the famous Akashic records? who knows. I didn't see a sign over any door saying that!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 793
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So how tall are, Dirk? Just in case we see the woman in our travels?

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 436
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 8:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm a little over 6'3" tall, and I'm about 30 pounds over weight at #230. Of course, virtually all women are shorter than me. This particular woman seemed about average height for women, around 5 and a half feet or maybe a little less, I didn't take the time to measure her.

I have realized a possible new, higher level of loving relationship, at least it's a new concept to me. After this woman spoke French to me, I realized that being with someone that wanted to do everything I did, and me wanting to do everything she did, would make for a very meaningful relationship. I already have some of that with my wife, but to take it to another level where it is literally true would be very fulfilling and challenging I'm sure. It would raise issues of privacy and intimacy, as well as competence and other things I'm sure. It would erase the traditional division of labor between spouses and require a rethinking of our gender-based identities. I can only hope that some day in some other lifetime I'm mature enough to actually attempt this kind of relationship. Further, I realized that it would be easier to find a spouse also if this standard were used in choosing, since one would have to find someone that was willing to do everything you wanted to do and you were willing to do everything they wanted to do. Quite a challenge, for sure!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 795
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Was the mark above her left lip a mole, or a scar?

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 440
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 2:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I could not tell. At first, I thought it was part of a mustache, then I realized it was only on one side, so if I were to guess I'd say it was a scar, but everything was so brief that I can't be sure. Why do you ask?

One thing I do know is that I feel blessed that I am still able to feel really deep romantic love for someone else. I have not felt that in many years.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 796
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 3:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Because you've given a pretty good description of me, so far.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 442
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 4:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh my. I recall that as she was up close to me, she tossed her head back and smiled with her mouth open and was very happy. If it was you, then it was a pleasure being with you. thanks.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 797
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 4:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
I don't remember anything. But I've been known to speak French, and have the same general physical description. I used to have a small mole over my left lip, but it was removed years ago. WTH, if it was good, I wish I remembered it.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 443
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 7:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, if we meet again I hope it is joyful and beautiful for both of us, and I hope you remember it as well as will I.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 444
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 8:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

vous aiment le ballet?

Southern Cross

Post Number: 800
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oui, je t'aime le ballet.